PDA

View Full Version : Just gonna leave this here...

mustangfreek
3 February 2014, 02:17
http://www.winningcovers.com/images/superbowl%20champions%20xlviii%20seatle%20seahawks %20facebook%20timeline%20cover%20banner%20for%20fb %20wall%20status2.jpg

[:D]........Seahawks are superbowl champs and shutdown peyton and his crew...hehehe...Awesome finish to a great season..just a few tidbits about yesterdays game and some random info......

The Seattle Seahawks captured their first Super Bowl since joining the National Football League in 1976 with a 43-8 rout of the Denver Broncos, the biggest margin of victory by an underdog in the game’s 48-year history.

The Seahawks’ 35-point margin of victory matched the third-biggest in Super Bowl history. The other three teams were all favored, while Seattle had been listed by Las Vegas oddsmakers as 2 1/2-point underdog against Manning and a Broncos’ offense that had set an NFL record for points.

holding the Broncos without a first down for the first 19 1/2 minutes

The Broncos now have a 2-5 record in the Super Bowl, breaking a tie with the New England Patriots, Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings for the most losses in the game’s history. They’ve been outscored by 146 points in those five losses.

Manning lost for the second time in three Super Bowl appearances -- having gone 1-1 with the Indianapolis Colts -- and fell to 11-12 all-time in the playoffs. His 12 postseason losses are a record, one more than Brett Favre

The Seahawks’ Wilson completed 18-of-25 passes for 206 yards and becomes the fourth quarterback to win the Super Bowl in his first two seasons, joining Warner, Brady and Ben Roethlisberger.

While Manning was being paid $17.5 million this season as part of the five-year, $96 million contract he signed with the Broncos in 2012, Wilson, 25, made about $681,000 in salary and bonuses in the second year of his rookie contract.

Las Vegas bookmakers have them as the favorite to win next year as well, with 7-1 odds, according to handicapping information website Pregame.com

UWone77
3 February 2014, 22:06
I never thought in all my life as a Seahawk fan, I'd ever see a Superbowl Championship...

tact
4 February 2014, 00:27
A couple of points to note. Along with those SuperBowl losses, Denver has won it back to back in the salary cap era. Everybody locked into those low salaries in Seattle are going to want to be paid, so when the time is up they'll all fly the coup.

mustangfreek
4 February 2014, 01:42
I never thought in all my life as a Seahawk fan, I'd ever see a Superbowl Championship...

Ya its been a long road, but finally the hawks have a all around balanced team, the defense played lights out and the offense stepped up better then usual also..Hell of a win...