PDA

View Full Version : BCM Uppers?

bluedog
17 August 2008, 08:11
What kind of accuracy potential can I expect from a BCM upper? Is it going to be closer to an LMT or Colt, or a Noveske N4?

Stickman
17 August 2008, 09:51
It is not a barrel you can compare with the Noveske. There isn't another barrel on the market that can currently compete with the N4 across the board.

That doesn't make it a bad barrel, but I would not buy it if I were looking for a Noveske. Colt and LMT make good barrels, and I've heard good things about the BCM (never used one myself).

bluedog
17 August 2008, 10:38
Thanks.

m24shooter
17 August 2008, 11:37
Accuracy is a relative term. For a lot of shooters, even a good stock barrel will outperform the shooter's ability.
BCM has made it a point to put a quality upper on the market. They try to be very close to the mil spec, and you would get a very good product without a doubt. I don't think I've ever seen a bad report on anything from BravoCo and in my own dealings with them the service has been great.
Having said that, as Stick said you aren't going to beat a Noveske (or other top end manufacturers) and the two are really in different leagues.

TigerStripe
17 August 2008, 11:44
BCM follows the milspec (TDP) more closely than LMT. Bravo has tossed entire batches of barrels because they didn't suit their quality standards. I would say you'd be getting a very good milspec barrel. Like Stick and M24 say you won't be getting a Noveske level barrel...

TS

Stickman
17 August 2008, 14:32
The Noveske N4 barrel is a MG barrel, its built to different standards, and those standards are high.

Again, thats not a slap on any of the other guys, its simply calling it like it is. The Colt and LMT barrels are solid performers. The BCM is supposed to be as well, but I can't comment on something based on first hand experience if I haven't used it.

TigerStripe
17 August 2008, 14:55
The Noveske N4 barrel is a MG barrel, its built to different standards, and those standards are high.

Again, thats not a slap on any of the other guys, its simply calling it like it is. The Colt and LMT barrels are solid performers. The BCM is supposed to be as well, but I can't comment on something based on first hand experience if I haven't used it.

If my post left an impression that Colt or LMT are inferior in as far as a "milspec" M4 barrel as they relate to a BCM I apologize. The specs of the BCM barrel fits the TDP completely as does Colt.

As you (Stick) said the Noveske N4 is a high quality, high end barrel which makes it unfair to compare with any $150 +/- milspec barrel.

TS

CAPT KIRK
17 August 2008, 17:31
You guys are posting some very incouraging info, but...... making life very difficult for my wife as she has to listen to my continual whining about the wait for my Noveske N4 LoPro.

I like Bravo Co, and between Rainier and them I think Ive got a source for most of my "extras" covered.

Stickman
17 August 2008, 19:34
Tell your wife that she will know when the Noveske arrives in your state, because the air will smell a little fresher, and the birds will be singing.

That should be just about enough to push her over the Noveske edge, but on a brighter note, she will know what to look for around Christmas for you (anything that says Noveske on it).

RogerTPA
31 August 2008, 17:34
I've purchased quite a few things from Bravo Company in the past. If their uppers are anything like their FA BCGs (I own 2), they should be well made and of high quality.