PDA

View Full Version : MDFI Classes

Computalotapus
7 February 2014, 19:36
I really want to shoot 2-Gun competition this year but I think I am going to hold off on the competition aspect this year. Going to take the money that I had budget for the amount of ammo I would have needed to practice for competition shooting and the actual rounds/gas/entry fees for competitions and sign up for some of the MDFI (http://trainmdfi.com/) courses in my area.

I think Emergency Casualty Care will be my first class then follow up with Foundation Handgun and Carbine classes. Handgun and Long Gun Cover and Movement would be immediate follow ups. Then try and squeeze in Low Light Handgun and Long Gun course before the end of summer. Figure I can take Introduction to Intermediate Force during the colder months and then start competition after that.

Has anyone been to any of the MDFI classes?

FortTom
22 February 2014, 21:09
I haven't, Comp, but the link to their website doesn't provide a schedule. I'm interested in taking a low light rifle course. Do you have a source for their schedule/city's?
Thanks
FT

Computalotapus
23 February 2014, 07:08
FT you can find the course schedule HERE (http://trainmdfi.com/course-calendar/). From my understanding they teach mostly in Michigan and do not have many classes held outside the state. I could be wrong you can always shoot them an email and ask if they plan on being in your area anytime soon.

FortTom
28 February 2014, 20:59
FT you can find the course schedule HERE (http://trainmdfi.com/course-calendar/).

From my understanding they teach mostly in Michigan and do not have many classes held outside the state. I could be wrong you can always shoot them an email and ask if they plan on being in your area anytime soon.

Yes, it looks like they're pretty much local, as far as MI. I contacted MAKO, they're a blast, and instructors are primarily former Israeli commando's. They come to KY every so often. I'd like to do a couple of 2 day courses with them, if I can catch them here or in a nearby state, and take a more modest vacation, than taking an expensive vacation, this year.

FT

Computalotapus
1 March 2014, 06:35
Yes, it looks like they're pretty much local, as far as MI. I contacted MAKO, they're a blast, and instructors are primarily former Israeli commando's. They come to KY every so often. I'd like to do a couple of 2 day courses with them, if I can catch them here or in a nearby state, and take a more modest vacation, than taking an expensive vacation, this year.

FT

My vacation time is tied up in the Southeast. Gonna be visiting family in Alabama and there are a few stops in Florida for the summer time. The winter time will be in the Northeast for a quick visit to some new found acquaintances and maybe some time on the slopes.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

Pyzik
9 September 2014, 06:11
Late to the game but I've taken three classes with MDFI and two with Keith.

Handgun 1 and 2 (now "Foundation Handgun" & "Handgun Cover & Movement") last year.
Trained with Keith operating as Liberty Defense and took Knife Defense 1 and Ground Defense 1.

Just took Foundation Carbine this last weekend.

If you haven't taken any from them yet, I recommend them highly.