PDA

View Full Version : NTD Build Project

Computalotapus
9 February 2014, 17:25
I will start picking up pieces in March. As of right now this is what my list looks like:

North Tech Defense Receiver Set
RA Match NiB BCG
Iron Viper USAF Teardrop FA
BAD-ASS
BAD-EPS
PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube
HiperFire 24C Trigger
KNS Anti-Rotation Pins
MFT Battlelink Minimalist Stock
RA Mountain Series 14.5" LW barrel
BCM Gas Block
Lantac-USA Dragon 556 Brake
13.5-15" Rail (undecided ATM waiting to see what is all available. I like the RA Force Rail but really want to see the Gear Sector Rail )
Diamond Head BUIS
RA Raptor
Fortis AFG
Odin Worx Mag Release
Tactical Link Extended Bolt Release
Vortex Sparc II or Aimpoint Pro Patrol Rifle Optic

UWone77
9 February 2014, 17:57
You going with a NTD barrel? Nevermind...I just saw you're going with an RA barrel

Computalotapus
9 February 2014, 18:18
You going with a NTD barrel? Nevermind...I just saw you're going with an RA barrel

It can change. Really depends on the specs of the barrel and the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOST
10 February 2014, 01:17
Why the Tactical Link and not the Phase 5?

Computalotapus
10 February 2014, 04:21

Just to try it to be honest. I have a Phase 5 one and I like it. I have read reviews and a few of the people here really like the Tactical Link. Would like to try it and see so I can compare for myself.

I am really excited about trying the Odin Worx mag release.

jjl103
10 February 2014, 06:37
I have an NTD lower, and I had a rough time with the extended bolt release. I know for a fact the Phase 5 works, but not so sure about the tactical link. Other than that, it sounds like a pretty solid build. I will say though, the NTD upper comes with a titanium forward assist, and that would really compliment the NiB bcg. My setup is very similar, except I also recently went with a VLTOR A5 recoil system. Made it quite a soft shooter. I'd also recommend checking out the BCM Keymod rail that is coming out at the end of the month. Looks nice and is pretty lightweight.

Computalotapus
10 February 2014, 17:21
I have an NTD lower, and I had a rough time with the extended bolt release. I know for a fact the Phase 5 works, but not so sure about the tactical link. Other than that, it sounds like a pretty solid build. I will say though, the NTD upper comes with a titanium forward assist, and that would really compliment the NiB bcg. My setup is very similar, except I also recently went with a VLTOR A5 recoil system. Made it quite a soft shooter. I'd also recommend checking out the BCM Keymod rail that is coming out at the end of the month. Looks nice and is pretty lightweight.

If the Tactical Link doesn't work I will slap it on the Aero Precision receiver set that will end up being a 5.45x39 build. I just don't want to be one of those people that doesn't try the other products that have good reviews. I want to form my own opinions on them. Yeah the titanium FA will probably go on my wife's AR... I really want atleast one part of the rifle to represent my military past and the tear drop from Iron Viper with the USAF stamping does it for me. I really want to see what Gear Sector has for their rail they previewed on the forums earlier. Especially if they have a AFG or VFG that will connect without having to add a rail section to the rail to attach the accessory. If it isn't out by then I will look at the BCM, RA, or Fortis Rev 14". Probably going to cerakote the receiver set, rail, and stock in blue titanium

akersc
10 February 2014, 19:24

I am the Phase 5 freak in the family, Computalotapus likes variety. I tend to find one company and stick with them as much as possible. He tries really hard to get me to switch it up a bit......

LMMzach
10 February 2014, 21:43
Just a heads up I have the tactical link extended bolt catch ( it's awesome) but I to wanted to give the Odin works mag release a shot since I feel my finger is a little short for the stock mag release. The tactical link hits the Odin works it still functions properly but it's very awkward feeling. I ended up taking the Odin off. I may try to shave the bottom off a little bit to help it clear but still unsure. Otherwise looking forward to seeing this build. Cheers

UWone77
10 February 2014, 23:00
The only issue with the Odin is sometimes it will not work with Billet Lowers because of the extra material around the magazine release. I've tried it on several but it did not quite fit. I'll try to remember to check it with my North Tech Lower the next time I run into it and double check. I've got an Odin installed on a Mega Forged Lower.

Computalotapus
11 February 2014, 12:02
Had the wife ask Dustin over at NTD if he knew off the top of his head. He said he wasn't 100% sure but was going to find out :)

Computalotapus
19 February 2014, 07:27
Got confirmation from Rob at North Tech Defense that the Odin Worx XMR mag release does fit their lower. Will find out for sure here soon :)

mustangfreek
19 February 2014, 14:29
This sounds like a nice solid build ...pics!!! [:D]

browcs
19 February 2014, 19:32
Looking forward to seeing the end result of your build.

Computalotapus
20 February 2014, 13:44
Will start picking up parts around March 15th. The planning and assembly is probably my favorite part.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

UWone77
20 February 2014, 13:48
Had the wife ask Dustin over at NTD if he knew off the top of his head. He said he wasn't 100% sure but was going to find out :)

Did you ask when the barrels would be available? I haven't had a chance to email him lately.

Computalotapus
20 February 2014, 16:15
No I didn't but the wife has a direct line to them over there they usually respond to her pretty quickly. I will get her to ask when she gets back from picking the youngest up from soccer conditioning

akersc
20 February 2014, 17:47
Fellas the text has been sent, I'll let you know ASAP.

akersc
20 February 2014, 19:13
Ok Rob said within the next two weeks they hope to have them out.

LMMzach
23 February 2014, 19:05
Didn't you ask about this?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/24/yzu6e4ep.jpg

Computalotapus
23 February 2014, 19:15
Didn't you ask about this?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/24/yzu6e4ep.jpg

Yeah wife sent a message to them and Rob replied that it worked no with issues. Seen the same picture asked about the pins. Didn't know they were kns pins