PDA

View Full Version : M&P Mods

mustangfreek
12 February 2014, 04:35
I have acquired 2 M&P's in the last month on top of the little 22 i have had for a while.

I really like the ergo's of them compared to the glocks (still keeping them though..lol) But one thing that is really bugging me is the triggers out of the box on the m&P line seem to be crappy to say it the nicest..

I ended up with a slightly used fullsize fde 9mm (mid 2011 date code ) and brand new FS 45 model (2013 model) The 9's trigger is not as bad as the 45, but still not great. long gritty pull, no real noticeable reset.. the 45 trigger is really bad and feels like gravel..

Is everyone with the M&P's replacing parts with the apex parts or just dealing with it or DIY trigger/polish work?

Computalotapus
12 February 2014, 04:43
The trigger isn't that bad out of the box, I would describe the trigger out of the box to be like a sponge. I had no gritty feeling in my 9.

I followed a guide given to me by a staff member for the DIY job. I could tell the difference. Maybe that will clean up the grit feeling you are getting.
I will use this pistol for 2-gun this year and determine if I should do the apex trigger after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mustangfreek
12 February 2014, 04:48
I have looked at this DIY job that was linked from burwell gunsmithing and have heard some decent reviews from people who have done it. Im not looking for uber low trigger pull, just a better feel thru the range, better reset and little lighter trigger pull would be nice.

http://www.burwellguns.com/misc/M&Ptriggerjob.pdf

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/Services.htm

..And to add the fullsize 9mm version's trigger isnt real gritty , but maybe spongy is a better way to put it.<but the FS 45 model is brand new out of the box and by far the worst trigger feel i have ever played with out of any gun i have had or shot, have ran about 200 snap cap pulls thru it and no difference, just horrible. Which sux as i like everything about the gun but the trigger right now.

Computalotapus
12 February 2014, 08:06
Try the DIY method see if it cleans any of the grittiness out of it. If not nothing lost except time and then you can pick up the apex kit. If you do get an apex kit post up a review please

FortTom
12 February 2014, 12:48
I have two, a .45ACP and a .40, both full size. I have APEX FSS's in both. Really great, in my opinion. No take up, super fast reset, breaks like glass, at approx. 3.5 - 4lbs.
I really like these, and I alternate carrying the .40 and a G19. If for some reason you can't use them, like a duty pistol or IDPA rules, they make other kits that will remove all of the "grit" and smooth things out. But yes, the triggers that come from S&W are pretty bad.

FT

mustangfreek
13 February 2014, 02:20
Thanks for the replies guys.

Well i have a chance to pick up a new apex dcaek kit for the 45 for 60 bux...thinking about it..very hard as their 90 bux at most places

Then will have to decide on what to do with the FS 9.

The carry kit i here is better off for carrying as depending on if you use the original or apex trigger spring trigger pull is right around 5 or slightly more with the other trigger. The 45 is a full size so not sure ill ever be carrying it, but want a better trigger out of it, havent actually fired it, just played around with some snap caps. but thinking for 60 bux i cant lose anything as everyone says great things about the apex parts and havent really heard a bad thing about there stuff.

GOST
13 February 2014, 07:44
Modern Service Weapons has a lot of M&P mod info from Hilton Yam.

FortTom
13 February 2014, 12:28
Thanks for the replies guys.

Well i have a chance to pick up a new apex dcaek kit for the 45 for 60 bux...thinking about it..very hard as their 90 bux at most places

I sincerely doubt that you'll be disappointed. The DCAEK kit, in my opinion, does greatly clean up your trigger, and there has been a lot of speculation and "leaked" rumors that Randy Lee of APEX was involved with S&W, to offer an factory upgrade to the DCAEK kit.

I don't know if that was B.S., and wishful thinking on the part of M&P fans, or if it's for real. The FSS will give you a trigger feel as close to a tuned 1911, as you'll probably ever get with a striker fired pistol. I never had a problem carrying a 1911 with a 4lb. trigger, as a SD weapon, but many do, and that and other factors like duty carry, etc..for those folks, I really think the DCAEK is the way to go, as far as APEX and ease of installation goes. A friend of mine uses them, and I've probably put 50 - 100 rounds through his 9mm FS, and it just makes me wonder what S&W was thinking with their choice of "triggers".

Good Luck,

FT

mustangfreek
14 February 2014, 02:56
Got a dcaek kit on the way for the FS 45. $60 shipped, which seemed like a great price so i jumped on it. Well see how i like it. Might install just the sear first to see how much difference it makes. Although i wish i had a trigger guage just to see where it's at before and after the mods.

Then will decide what to do with the FS 9mm, whchc seems to have a slightly better trigger then the 45, but still lacks..

GOST
14 February 2014, 04:22
I thought when I first handled the FS M&P 9 that it sucked, especially since I suck with a G17. Then I took one to the range and did phenomenal with it. Shows what I know.

mustangfreek
19 February 2014, 03:00
So back to this briefly..

Reading around more it seems that with the DCAEK kit using the supplied Apex trigger spring will make the trigger pull 5.5 - 6 lbs. While reusing the stock trigger spring will get you down below a 5 lb pull.

Anyone confirm this that has done these kits?

I dont own a trigger pull guage , but this project and others to come have me thinking of grabbing one.

HeavyDuty
19 February 2014, 06:38
I haven't measured the results, but I can confirm using the stock trigger return spring with the DCAEK resulted in a slightly lighter trigger pull in my three examples.

mustangfreek
19 February 2014, 14:27
Thanks

More and more i read on these apex parts, the more im looking at using a AEK trigger with this kit, reviews and videos look great with very little pre tavel and next to none over travel..

Also got me thinking the 9mm i have might get the FSS kit..humm..

UWone77
19 February 2014, 14:41
Just trade me the other M&P ... you don't need this kind of project. [:D]

mustangfreek
20 February 2014, 02:20
Thanks

More and more i read on these apex parts, the more im looking at using a AEK trigger with this kit, reviews and videos look great with very little pre tavel and next to none over travel..

Also got me thinking the 9mm i have might get the FSS kit..humm..

Anyone have any comments on the aek trigger kit ?

Also how bad are the stock sights pressed in there, dont have the extra $$ for a sight tool so will be using some punches....how bad are they in or is a sight tool absolutely necessary?

Just trade me the other M&P ... you don't need this kind of project. [:D]

[:D]

GOST
20 February 2014, 04:41
You may want to contact 10-8 Peformance about whether you'll need a sight tool. I personally have no experience with removing them on a M&P.

mustangfreek
20 February 2014, 15:23
10-8 has nothing to do with anything here.

Was just wondering how hard the rears are usually in,

FortTom
20 February 2014, 16:47

Mustang, on my .40 I removed it twice, once for the FSS install, and again to change them out to TFO's with a punch. Came out and went in fairly easily. When I did the .45, I expected everything would take an hour, at most. No way. I couldn't budge the sights without hitting them a lot harder than I wanted too, and I certainly wasn't going to take a chance breaking the tritium gas vials, to install the TFO's that I put on that one. Had to borrow a sight pusher from a friend.

So, I guess my point is - there's no telling. My guess is that just a few thousandths, either way, makes a big difference.

Good luck,
FT

CLBME
20 February 2014, 16:47
Hi Mustangfreek- I replaced my front sight on my 9c with a Dawson fiber optic. I easily drifted it out with the aluminum tool from Dawson. I didn't install my rear so I cannot pass on first-hand experience with it. I've also installed both sights on my HK and drifted both of these with the same Dawson punch FWIW. It's just an aluminum bar with a "notch" to fit on the front sight base.

FortTom
20 February 2014, 16:54
I think he's concerned with the rears, mostly. Rear sight has to be removed to install AEK kit.

FT.

mustangfreek
21 February 2014, 00:21
I think he's concerned with the rears, mostly. Rear sight has to be removed to install AEK kit.

FT.

Yes the rears is where im worried, some say , they come out no problem, others say there like welded in there with extra loctite..Guess its just the luck of the draw. Hate to start a project and get stuck..

GOST
21 February 2014, 04:17

Just figured that they would have decent info since they make M&P rear sights.

FortTom
21 February 2014, 08:32
Yes the rears is where im worried, some say , they come out no problem, others say there like welded in there with extra loctite..Guess its just the luck of the draw. Hate to start a project and get stuck..
Well, like I mentioned in an earlier reply, it seems you got the same answers, as I experienced. One set tapped out with a punch, another, I had to use a sight pusher...Only one way to find out....

Good Luck
FT

mustangfreek
24 February 2014, 03:14
Well, like I mentioned in an earlier reply, it seems you got the same answers, as I experienced. One set tapped out with a punch, another, I had to use a sight pusher...Only one way to find out....

Good Luck
FT

Indeed and last night i found out...The older 9mm one came out pretty easy, the newer 45 one took a little more effort, using some masking tape and a brass and nylon tip punch it came out, with no harm done...[:D]

Also the front mp 22 front sight came out and got the new dawson precision fiber optic front site fitted and temporarily installed.

Waiting on a small order from midway for some loctite, a poly Apex AEK trigger for the dcaek kit and some flitz polish, gonna polish up the internals of the 45 with apex kit a little, and do a DIY polish job on a few parts on the 9 while i got the others apart, gonna hit the striker block, check and poilsh if need be the bore for it, the trigger bar and slightly shape the sear and polish it. Just a little cleanup.

HeavyDuty
24 February 2014, 06:05
Anyone have any comments on the aek trigger kit ?

Also how bad are the stock sights pressed in there, dont have the extra $$ for a sight tool so will be using some punches....how bad are they in or is a sight tool absolutely necessary?

[:D]

I see you already figured out the rear sight removal. [BD] My FS and compact were easy to remove, the Shield was a chrome plated bitch.

I'm a big fan of the poly AEK trigger, I have one in each of the two larger M&Ps. I personally don't have much interest in the FSS trigger, I'm not comfortable with it for non-game usage - but that's just me. The Shield will get a poly AEK if and when Apex gets around to making one, I really don't have interest in an aluminum AEK.

mustangfreek
10 March 2014, 04:08
Update:

Just installed my AEK trigger kit in my FS 9mm and after a little burwell diy mod on the sear and polishing of it the striker plunger, trigger bar. along with a apex striker plunger spring , the trigger feels way better then before. Less pre and over travel, reset is still a little soft, but it is a older gun with the older slide stop, trigger bar etc..as i cant find them in stock anywhere?

Wondering if the ram is worth it to ad, havent shot it yet, so suppose i should try it out first.

Also installed the dcaek kit in my fs 45 and it feels way better,also polished up the sear, trigger bar and sear spring plunger, re used the factory trigger and sear springs as the gun is brand new, trigger feels way better thru and after the pull, still not much reset. now thinking it needs a aek trigger also.

By the descriptions and apex tacticals replies the dcaek kit trigger should be in the mid 4lb range, and the 9mm trigger feels slightly better, but also believe that has to do with the AEK trigger.

Very happy so far and now need to get out and shoot them.

Ast
20 March 2014, 12:24
The RAM is a worthy addition in my opinion. I've installed 5 of the DCAEK on M&P's. When they released the RAM I tried it and then went back and installed it on all the other pistols. It gives a much more positive reset, not Glock like, but much better than the almost non-existent reset from before. As for the trigger weight all of the pistols I've installed it on measure in the 5-5.5 pound range just like APEX states except for a M&P 45 which measures about 4.5 lbs. Those weights are with the supplied springs, using the stock springs should result in a slightly lighter weight IIRC.

Steeles
21 March 2014, 06:09
Not all the M&Ps accept the RAM from Apex. the newer sear housing blocks don't have the hole in them for it. I was playing with my FS9 last night adding a new slide stop bar (newest revision) and decided to try some different combos of the Trigger Return Spring.

my M&P has the DCAEK and aluminum trigger with the competition Striker spring. pull avg about 5.5 lbs on a basic wheeler pull gauge. (spent the lyman money on the DCAEK :) )

swapping to the competition trigger return spring averaged a 3.5 lbs trigger pull.

swapping the stock trigger return spring in netted a 4.25 lbs trigger pull.

never tested the fully stock trigger pull myself but was told mine with just the alumiinum trigger was right at 6 lbs.

mustangfreek
14 April 2014, 19:01
I finally got out to try out the 9mm m&p with the Apex AEk poly trigger and my own burwell DIY trigger job, with one of Apex's plunger springs, it is night and day for what little i did and the trigger really helps out .

Just got a few mags ran thru it, but like it so far. Money well spent in my opinion, and a must as that hinged trigger just bugged me..lol

Deckard
15 April 2014, 23:02
Does anyone have the most recent M&P9 with new slide stop, trigger bar assemblies, and sear? I would like to see it compared to a M&P9 with upgrades from APEX.

UWone77
30 May 2014, 10:03
So any updates after shooting some more rounds down range with this mustang?

Picking up my M&P9 next week. Is anyone out there running a plain jane/non-upgraded M&P9?

Computalotapus
30 May 2014, 10:10

Picking up my M&P9 next week. Is anyone out there running a plain jane/non-upgraded M&P9?

I am running a plain jane M&P9 with no upgrades. I have gotten pretty quick from draw to first shot on the time in the sub 1 sec ranges. And my first shot is always my most accurate shot. From 7 yards away usually inside of 4" of center target. This is being drawn from an OWB kydex holster under a shirt/windbreaker.

Quickest time from buzzer on 5 shot with all shots inside a 5" center was 3.49 sec. Same setup OWB holster as concealed carry with shirt/windbreaker covering.

I would say my trigger feels spongey if anything. I am contemplating a trigger upgrade but I think the first thing I am going to do is move to some 10-8 sights and I should be able to pick them up a lot quicker than the stock sights.

Ride4frnt
30 May 2014, 12:33
My factory trigger sucked. Felt like it went through a sandbox. I have the apex kit, RAM and glock style trigger. Made a world of difference in over travel and reset. All I want for it now is the 10-8 mag well and base pads. Maybe a trip for the slide to ATEi for top serrations in the future.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/Firearms/9E997E71-1186-4B22-A5D7-5AA92312ADAC_zps79viyy3s.jpg

mustangfreek
31 May 2014, 02:44

It is a whole different gun. Everything i did worked perfect.

Must say that after this then the Apex AEK poly trigger next, it is so much better and is a blast to shoot.

GOST
31 May 2014, 05:08
Wasn't a fan when I first handle a M&P 9 in a shop, didn't like the trigger and was used to a Glock. Then got to try one out and suprised how well I did with it. Would like to try one with the Apex upgrades.

UWone77
31 May 2014, 06:30
Haven't looked into it yet, but how easy are the APEX triggers to install?

mustangfreek
31 May 2014, 19:12
Haven't looked into it yet, but how easy are the APEX triggers to install?

Really easy to work on platform.

Couple pins and pull out/up the trigger bar and assembly and then tap out 2 tiny pins in the trigger and put the new trigger in , with punching those 2 pins in. The apex kit is well worth it, and easy to install also, only part to watch for is drifting off the rear sights to get to the plunger and spring, but its no biggie if you use the right tools..[BD]

Pyzik
31 May 2014, 20:28
Good to read about the APEX poly trigger. Been thinking about adding one to my full size.

I've got ATEi's trigger job in my full size and he's got my Shield right now.
My 9, 9c and Shield all have serrations. Compact AMD Shield are NiB'd.

UWone77
1 June 2014, 18:03
I'm picking up my M&P9 tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be posting questions and pictures.

Already want another to keep "stock" for comparison.

GOST
1 June 2014, 19:19
I really like the M&P 9 cause how fast it settles down.

UWone77
2 June 2014, 20:16
Picked up my M&P9 today, can't wait to put some rounds down range with it.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/IMG_1959_zps17fd060f.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/IMG_1959_zps17fd060f.jpg.html)

Ride4frnt
2 June 2014, 20:58
Picked up my M&P9 today, can't wait to put some rounds down range with it.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/IMG_1959_zps17fd060f.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/IMG_1959_zps17fd060f.jpg.html)

Well ya didn't tell us you were getting one of the badass 10-8 ones. Looking good. I need their sights and mag well/base pads and I'm happy with mine. Really would like a RMR, but once that's done it's irreversible.

UWone77
2 June 2014, 21:01
Well ya didn't tell us you were getting one of the badass 10-8 ones. Looking good. I need their sights and mag well/base pads and I'm happy with mine. Really would like a RMR, but once that's done it's irreversible.

Did I neglect to mention that part? [:D]

Ride4frnt
2 June 2014, 21:04

Question, I've never really looked into these limited edition 10-8 guns besides you and B3's photos. Would you happen to know offhand what size sights they fit these with?

GOST
3 June 2014, 01:30
UW I'm really starting not to like you.[:D]

mustangfreek
3 June 2014, 01:50
UW I'm really starting not to like you.[:D]

Hahahaha...i tell him that all the time...[BD]

Thats a nice piece, i want some scallops also..someday...

So how about a side shot of that thing...Id like to stipple something in my grip cover piece but im too scared..lol

So the insides are stock, trigger,sear and such? Surprised no threaded barrel..

GOST
3 June 2014, 03:51
I was considering either a 10-8 M&P or a SBR build. I decided on the 10-8 and then started on the SBR build, I don't know what happened there.

Computalotapus
3 June 2014, 05:08
So how about a side shot of that thing...Id like to stipple something in my grip cover piece but im too scared..lol

Don't be scared just do it!! practice on the backstrap you are not going to use first tho

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/stipple.jpg

UWone77
3 June 2014, 09:02
There are some internal upgrades, but still the stock trigger, which is why I asked how hard or easy it would be to swap out the trigger for an APEX.

No threaded barrel on this one as I don't plan to shoot this gun suppressed. Future plans include getting 2 more M&P9's and shooting one of those suppressed with a threaded barrel. Looks like this could get expensive, so I might have to unload a couple of uppers or parts.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/IMG_1961_zps4312f551.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/IMG_1961_zps4312f551.jpg.html)

Pyzik
3 June 2014, 10:12
You very much neglected that little part! Very cool!
I wish my full size was a 10-8, but I am doing my best to make it a knock off.

Thats a nice piece, i want some scallops also..someday...

They're addictive, just like anything else gun.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7331/14182143352_dbaba78b71_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nBec7Y)
M&P9, 9c, Shield (https://flic.kr/p/nBec7Y) by pyzik200 (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

I am hoping to be getting the Shield back from ATEi today actually! Just waiting on his reply to come get it.

UWone77
3 June 2014, 11:49
That's definitely a fine collection of M&P's. The more I shoot the platform, the more I like it. What are the upgrades you've done to yours, other than the obvious serrations on the slides, and stippling?

Pyzik
3 June 2014, 12:08
That's definitely a fine collection of M&P's. The more I shoot the platform, the more I like it. What are the upgrades you've done to yours, other than the obvious serrations on the slides, and stippling?
Thanks.

They all have full trigger jobs from ATEi.
The Shield now has Trijicon HDs and that's gonna be the next upgrade for the rest.

That's it for now.

MoxyDave
3 June 2014, 12:31
Apex Hard Sear and Ameriglo I-dot night sights on my Shields. Yes, I like the Shield so much I bought another [:)]

UWone77
3 June 2014, 12:51
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/IMG_1968_zps350ce5a9.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/IMG_1968_zps350ce5a9.jpg.html)

GOST
3 June 2014, 13:00
That thing is SEXY, I don't like you.

UWone77
3 June 2014, 13:51
That thing is SEXY, I don't like you.

I get that a lot.

Too many toys, not enough hours in the day.

mustangfreek
4 June 2014, 03:04
Nice M&P collection Pyzik!!

I get that a lot.

Too many toys, not enough hours in the day.

Hahahahaha..you like the attention..[BD]

UWone77
4 June 2014, 09:24
Nice M&P collection Pyzik!!

Hahahahaha..you like the attention..[BD]

Yeah all I get is unwanted attention from you and your parts begging [:D]

GOST
4 June 2014, 10:03
Nothing wrong with being a parts begger, it's like welfare for conservatives.

UWone77
4 June 2014, 20:21
Anyone have a favorite vendor for Apex triggers, ect?

Ride4frnt
4 June 2014, 20:41
Anyone have a favorite vendor for Apex triggers, ect?

I'll admit I didn't look very hard, but when I bought my kit and trigger the only outlets I noticed that sold them were midway, brownells and apex directly. I went with brownells because they were the only ones with the trigger in stock at the time, but that 8 dollar shipping in small parts is a killer.

mustangfreek
5 June 2014, 02:25
Nothing wrong with being a parts begger, it's like welfare for conservatives.

Lol...

Yeah all I get is unwanted attention from you and your parts begging [:D]

Cant remember where i got my trigger from as i had a gift card and believe it was from midway.

But the first kit and plunger spring i bought directly from Apex, about the same price as everyone else..

Are you just doing the trigger? they have a poly and aluminum version if you didnt know....i have the poly ones.

GOST
5 June 2014, 07:06
Looks like the pricing is about the same everywhere.

UWone77
5 June 2014, 18:57
One additional... Best price on M&P9 mags?

Pyzik
5 June 2014, 20:16
$21

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165&products_id=1348

Ride4frnt
5 June 2014, 22:25
Best I've ever seen was on botach, but if $21 is for real that's a good deal. They are pricey.

mustangfreek
6 June 2014, 02:31
$21

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165&products_id=1348

Damn thats a good price

UWone77
6 June 2014, 06:30
That is a good price... anyone order from there before? I'm thinking I need 4 extra mags.

Pyzik
6 June 2014, 10:56
That is a good price... anyone order from there before? I'm thinking I need 4 extra mags.

Just realized that those aren't OEM mags, FYI!

No, I've never ordered from them. I just happened to see a link to them the other day and knew where to find it.

TripleBravo
6 June 2014, 13:49
The latest 10-8 Performance custom M&P 9 stipple pattern is really cool:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2936/14224555352_59526e7d8f_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nEYyJm)10-8 Performance M&amp;P9 (https://flic.kr/p/nEYyJm) by Triple Bravo (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

TripleBravo
6 June 2014, 13:53
I've also been playing with the 21st Century Gunfighter "Catalyst" magazine release on one of my personal M&P 9s:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3744/11390389503_7aa21cfc54_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/imwHXV)Touch of Color (https://flic.kr/p/imwHXV) by Triple Bravo (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

browcs
6 June 2014, 19:52

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2936/14224555352_59526e7d8f_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nEYyJm)10-8 Performance M&amp;P9 (https://flic.kr/p/nEYyJm) by Triple Bravo (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

Very nice indeed.

UWone77
7 June 2014, 11:08

That is just a great looking gun. I probably won't drop coin for another 10-8 M&P though.

Looks like Brownells will sell the Apex trigger around $75

44Mag has factory M&P9 mags for $24.99, I've ordered from them a ton of times, so I'll probably go that route.

mustangfreek
7 June 2014, 15:33
So your going with the aluminum version AEK trigger? Im assuming as thats what about the $$ they run. If so curious how you like it, some have said the aluminum one has a wider footprint on the trigger and not so rounded, but never seen one in person myself.

UWone77
7 June 2014, 22:36
So your going with the aluminum version AEK trigger? Im assuming as thats what about the $$ they run. If so curious how you like it, some have said the aluminum one has a wider footprint on the trigger and not so rounded, but never seen one in person myself.

I'm still at the research stage on this. How do you feel about the polymer trigger? How did you decide to get the polymer over the aluminum version?

We're about 10 months away from buying another house, so the wife is turning off the gun fund. Many of my projects will be put on the back burner for awhile. This trigger maybe the last thing I get.

mustangfreek
8 June 2014, 00:07
I'm still at the research stage on this. How do you feel about the polymer trigger? How did you decide to get the polymer over the aluminum version?

We're about 10 months away from buying another house, so the wife is turning off the gun fund. Many of my projects will be put on the back burner for awhile. This trigger maybe the last thing I get.

haha..first...Did i hear you say momma's cutting you off..lol..

Second, i like the poly version and have felt the aluminum version when it was out of the package and not in a gun, it felt fine, but did feel a little wider then the poly AEK trigger. Actually wouldn't want it any wider for me atleast. It feels nice now, especially compared to the stock one, and the poly version is only like 35-40 bux.

How old is that M&P? As i know the 9's have gone thru the most change of the pistol line, different barrels, slide stops, trigger bar and something else. Mine still has the old style trigger bar,slide stop, which i hear greatly helps in the reset, not only audible but in the trigger also.

Here is a quick pic of mine with the Apex AEK poly trigger.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z176/mustang91_2007/d9d99cba-354d-4e6e-b43b-fe8632b7ecb2_zpsc1e1ef60.jpg (http://s194.photobucket.com/user/mustang91_2007/media/d9d99cba-354d-4e6e-b43b-fe8632b7ecb2_zpsc1e1ef60.jpg.html)

GOST
8 June 2014, 04:07

Know the feeling, had to buy a new car last week and wife's got another 18 months of school left. My SBR build will probably be waiting on more than just a stamp.

UWone77
8 June 2014, 09:49
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/IMG_1958_zpse67bf1a9.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/IMG_1958_zpse67bf1a9.jpg.html)

Ride4frnt
8 June 2014, 10:38

I bought my poly one on the basis of "if it ain't broke don't fix it." The m&p has a poly trigger from the factory, so it isn't like it was a downgrade. Never felt the aluminum trigger, but I'm not sure if I had to would warrant an extra $40 on essentially the same part.

UWone77
9 June 2014, 17:09
I bought my poly one on the basis of "if it ain't broke don't fix it." The m&p has a poly trigger from the factory, so it isn't like it was a downgrade. Never felt the aluminum trigger, but I'm not sure if I had to would warrant an extra $40 on essentially the same part.

Hmm,

I don't see too many reviews online for the aluminum vs poly. I'll have to look into this a bit further.

Ride4frnt
8 July 2014, 09:44
If they offer these separately from buying a gun from them. I'll likely look into the SAI triggers and other parts if offered. Their website isn't up and running yet. So far I've seen a curved and a flat bow trigger for glocks and m&p

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=783509965027046&substory_index=0&id=201574069887308

Bimmer425
9 July 2014, 09:36
Nothing I've seen from Salient remotely says... buy me, I'm practical, or It's worth the money.

Go with the Apex.

Computalotapus
9 July 2014, 10:43
My M&P is about to get a make over. From 10-8 Performance getting a magwell, front fiber optic sight and rear sight, from apex the FSS and Comp AEK kits. Slide is getting some mill work done then heading to blowndeadline for some cerakote.

mustangfreek
9 July 2014, 13:59
My M&P is about to get a make over. From 10-8 Performance getting a magwell, front fiber optic sight and rear sight, from apex the FSS and Comp AEK kits. Slide is getting some mill work done then heading to blowndeadline for some cerakote.

Damn that is quite a makeover..im jealous..i want to scallop mine,sights and get some cerakoting done..Will need pics once done.[:D]

Computalotapus
9 July 2014, 16:46
Damn that is quite a makeover..im jealous..i want to scallop mine,sights and get some cerakoting done..Will need pics once done.[:D]

Got the last part that needed to be cerakoted for my rifle today. A couple weekends working the track and I can trip down to drop my stuff off to blowndeadline

UWone77
9 August 2014, 22:05
Alright, now that I've finished most of my AR projects, I'm ready to go back to this one. Still haven't purchased the Apex Trigger, but I'm definitely going to go that route. Any particular skills or tools needed to install one? I suppose I can start searching Youtube videos.

mustangfreek
10 August 2014, 02:07
Honestly swapping out the trigger is real easy, A pin or 2 and the whole trigger stuff comes out, then there is just one pin to drive out on the old trigger.Then the apex trigger comes with a new pin partially installed, hardest part might be lining it up.

it is real easy though, i just traded into compact model for the woman and will need to do some fluff and buffing and replace that crappy oem trigger..

I do like that slide work...

Steeles
14 August 2014, 20:53
yeah Apex's youtube channel shows exactly how to install the trigger and everything else. pretty easy IMHO, and i don't have any experience gunsmithing. (installed the aluminum AEK trigger, went back and added the duty carry kit and 10-8 performance FO sights) spent most of the time banging sights in and out!

GOST
12 December 2014, 03:31
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1958081_10154888864260117_8157874058838088494_n.jp g?oh=4a9c519aed477a8a068cbf3cc1d3937f&oe=5503FC6B&__gda__=1426404155_21971923792e994ebf26ec45e8c361a 3

CK 187
12 December 2014, 04:41
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1958081_10154888864260117_8157874058838088494_n.jp g?oh=4a9c519aed477a8a068cbf3cc1d3937f&oe=5503FC6B&__gda__=1426404155_21971923792e994ebf26ec45e8c361a 3

My wallet hates thing's like this

CK 187
12 December 2014, 04:42
I took my FS9 apart and did the polish and cut on it just recently and it is a vast improvement. Still wanting to upgrade to an APEX kit, but not sold just yet

That, a new threaded barrel, and some milling

GOST
12 December 2014, 04:48
My wallet hates thing's like this

Tell it to hash it out with your trigger finger.[:D]

CK 187
12 December 2014, 04:56
Tell it to hash it out with your trigger finger.[:D]

Hmmmmm, my wallet reach is right handed and i shoot left. Different hands................ The battle would be EPIC

DutyUse
12 December 2014, 07:17
I wonder if they'll put the flag trigger on sale

UWone77
30 January 2015, 01:03
Anyone have a line for a deal on an Apex Flat Faced Forward Sear & Trigger Kit? I could just get one from Brownells for $169, but wondering if anyone has seen them for less.

mustangfreek
30 January 2015, 02:18
Anyone have a line for a deal on an Apex Flat Faced Forward Sear & Trigger Kit? I could just get one from Brownells for $169, but wondering if anyone has seen them for less.

Should of said something earlier....lol....i looked a while back best i can find is midway..as i am partial to them and with the code it makes it $151.44 shipped...not the best im sure, but best i can find at the moment..

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/643992/apex-tactical-flat-faced-forward-set-sear-and-trigger-kit-s-and-w-m-and-p

Midway code links best i can find is $15 off 150 or something code "ORDEROFF15 "
http://www.midwayusa.com/promo/welcome-offer

http://www.slickguns.com/content/midway-usa

GOST
30 January 2015, 04:42
A guy has 2 sets posted on Armslist for $100 each.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3843840/massachusetts-gun-parts-for-sale--apex-m-p-flat-faced-forward-set-sear---trigger-kit

CK 187
30 January 2015, 10:41
A guy has 2 sets posted on Armslist for $100 each.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3843840/massachusetts-gun-parts-for-sale--apex-m-p-flat-faced-forward-set-sear---trigger-kit

Damn it, bad timing. I just ordered an upper

Hours late and a hundred dollars short

UWone77
30 January 2015, 11:13
Thanks guys, I'll check those out. I do like the Apex Trigger, big upgrade for the M&P

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2875_zpselzgoejg.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2875_zpselzgoejg.jpg.html)

Txfilmmaker
30 January 2015, 13:03
Thanks guys, I'll check those out. I do like the Apex Trigger, big upgrade for the M&P

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2875_zpselzgoejg.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2875_zpselzgoejg.jpg.html)

Great picture. Both of my M&Ps have the apex triggers. (Duty/Carry) Must haves...

UWone77
1 February 2015, 00:44
Should of said something earlier....lol....i looked a while back best i can find is midway..as i am partial to them and with the code it makes it $151.44 shipped...not the best im sure, but best i can find at the moment..

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/643992/apex-tactical-flat-faced-forward-set-sear-and-trigger-kit-s-and-w-m-and-p

Midway code links best i can find is $15 off 150 or something code "ORDEROFF15 "
http://www.midwayusa.com/promo/welcome-offer

http://www.slickguns.com/content/midway-usa

Thanks for finding that. I'm going to order that, put them on a different M&P I'm working on.

Stickman
1 February 2015, 23:25
Looks like I missed out on the coupon code by a full day. Hopefully, some new codes are up soon.

mustangfreek
2 February 2015, 02:24
Looks like I missed out on the coupon code by a full day. Hopefully, some new codes are up soon.

.....oh your good still....i have ordered lots from midway and always search for a quick code..i have saved this link for a long time, every couple days it extends by a week or so.....i might or might not of used it a few times....[BD]

Its good till the 3rd in the link now.

http://www.midwayusa.com/features/newcustomervat

UWone77
9 February 2015, 21:42
.....oh your good still....i have ordered lots from midway and always search for a quick code..i have saved this link for a long time, every couple days it extends by a week or so.....i might or might not of used it a few times....[BD]

Its good till the 3rd in the link now.

http://www.midwayusa.com/features/newcustomervat

Got The Apex FFF Sear and Trigger Kit as well as another AEK Kit. Soon to be installed on these:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2956_zpst5ti45mz.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2956_zpst5ti45mz.jpg.html)

toolboxluis00200
9 February 2015, 22:20
i love the look of your 9MM looks nice

GOST
10 February 2015, 19:38
Those look kickass UW. Can't wait to see your review of those once the triggers are installed.

Txfilmmaker
10 February 2015, 20:08
Beauties!

UWone77
12 February 2015, 00:34
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2965_zpsnbmybxeg.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2965_zpsnbmybxeg.jpg.html)

Pyzik
12 February 2015, 04:12
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2965_zpsnbmybxeg.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2965_zpsnbmybxeg.jpg.html)
Man that looks so nice.

mustangfreek
12 February 2015, 04:19
Love the slide work...