PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Company Shipping

FortTom
13 February 2014, 15:10
If you are currently waiting for certain upper(s), Bravo Company is now shipping some that were out of stock.
Don't count on receiving an email notification, I didn't, I just took a shot at looking on their website and lo and behold, the 16" Lightweight KMR upper was shown in stock. I ordered it immediately.

I wish BCM would be a little more concerned about these things, as they post on their website that items such as these can sell out in minutes.

Well, I guess all is O.K., as my order was completed, and I've been waiting for a while to get the upper to complete this rifle.

Just thought others that may be awaiting an email, may want to go to their website to see if the product they may be waiting on is available.

FT

GOST
14 February 2014, 01:31
Is yours the ELW?

GOST
14 February 2014, 04:01
I can see a lot tax returns being spent here. Very strategic planning by BCM.

GOST
14 February 2014, 04:02
My tax returns is going towards Disney World next month.

FortTom
14 February 2014, 04:58
Is yours the ELW?

No, it's the BCM BFH 16 in Mid KMR Lightweight with KMR 13" handguard.

FT

GOST
15 February 2014, 04:11
That's a very nice looking upper, please do a review when you get it.

FortTom
15 February 2014, 12:19
That's a very nice looking upper, please do a review when you get it.
Maybe. My photo's with my "point and shoot" would cheapen the forum, compared to the rest of the reviews and professional looking photo's. I think UWONE77 did a "sneak-peek" preview of it with some nice shots of it, somewhere here on the forum. Anyway, I'm just glad I got one before they sold out. Should be here by mid-next week if all of this snow will go away. Not used to it around here, and it shuts everything down.

I ordered my first KM attachment from Impact Arms, a front sling mount, and I'm hoping it gets here too. I have everything ready to go, except a CH, and it's ready to put together. Still have to install new trigger, should take 10 minutes and just snap the thing together.

I'm pretty stoked, as I'm hoping this thing will be light, and "trimmed down", which is what I was going for.:P

FT

UWone77
16 February 2014, 11:11
FT,

I just reposted pictures BCM sent us. i didn't take any pics of it as I don't own a KMR. You should definitely throw some pictures up with your initial impressions of your upper.

GOST
16 February 2014, 12:57
Don't you dare cheat me out of a review.

FortTom
16 February 2014, 14:35
FT,

I just reposted pictures BCM sent us. i didn't take any pics of it as I don't own a KMR. You should definitely throw some pictures up with your initial impressions of your upper.
Will do, but don't expect the quality photo's you normally get here.[:D] Also, Jerry R asked me to do a comparison review on my new BCG. I just recently received my NiB BCG, a Rainier. I have a Spikes in one rifle, and a Fail Zero in another. Wanted me to compare them. I'm going to have to wait until I can get to the range, and put a bunch of rounds on the Rainier to even things up. A quick peek of the machining quality on all three look great. I need to really give them a second look to pick out subtle differences.

FT

GOST
16 February 2014, 18:26
Hope you like your RA NiB BCG, mines been great.

mustangfreek
17 February 2014, 02:26
Hope you like your RA NiB BCG, mines been great.

Just recently got my latest build out for its first shooting and used one of the RA NIB bcg's and it ran flawless for me..My first NB bcg..It cleaned up very easy , but only threw a couple mags thru it.

FortTom
17 February 2014, 10:08
Just recently got my latest build out for its first shooting and used one of the RA NIB bcg's and it ran flawless for me..My first NB bcg..It cleaned up very easy , but only threw a couple mags thru it.
Mustangfreek, both the Spikes and Fail zero clean up easily for me, one of the main reasons, other than eliminating the need to slather them in gunk grabbing lubes, that I use them. My bolt cleaning routine is this. Spray generously with Gun Scrubber (or similar brand). Take a piece of T Shirt and spray it to get harder to reach spots. Scrape remaining build up, especially on bolt tail, with thumbnail. Bolt clean, call it a day. I remember days of old, in the military, cleaning and scrubbing bolts took forever. Especially out in the desert where that super fine dust would just mix with carbon and oil and just make a freaking mess. Never again. I'll use NiB until something even much better comes a long, or someone builds a "self-cleaning" BCG[:)]

The other thing is a test I ran myself. I'm not sure how "valid" or meaningful this is, but I took a Fluke meter to the range with me once, mine has a temperature probe.
Run three mags as fast I could with "G.I." (phosphorus) bolt and measure temperature. Laid rifle on bench and let it cool down thoroughly and replace bolt with NiB and repeat process. The NiB bolt was quite a bit cooler. I'm going to take a wild guess here, but I'm assuming cooler is better.

FT