PDA

View Full Version : Osama Bin Laden HK 416

GOST
24 February 2014, 04:15
For those who haven't seen it yet Soldier Systems has a pic of the Osama Bin Laden HK 416. Here's the link:

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/02/24/rifle/

GOST
24 February 2014, 13:24
Nice to see this piece of history, makes me want to start saving up for a HK 416C.

KevinBLC
26 February 2014, 00:27
The stories that rifle could probably tell. I wonder if they like the older EoTech's or that was the soldiers particular preference. How much say do guys in the military have on gear? I'm guessing more than most if you're in a SEAL unit or Delta Type?

GOST
26 February 2014, 08:10
Everytime I watch Zero Dark Thirty it makes me want to buy night vision, just like Star Wars made me want a light saber.

gatordev
27 February 2014, 17:44
The stories that rifle could probably tell. I wonder if they like the older EoTech's or that was the soldiers particular preference. How much say do guys in the military have on gear? I'm guessing more than most if you're in a SEAL unit or Delta Type?

The higher up you go on the Tier ladder (regardless of community) you go, the easier it is to order an open purchase. It's far less about regs and far more about a funding source.

FortTom
27 February 2014, 19:23
Gatordev pretty much hit the nail right on the head, but just to add a little, as your unit or organization changes, or improves, or it's mission is constantly being expanded, commanders get a lot more leeway in discretionary spending. If you've got a legit need for an item, especially new technology, and that usually equates to expensive technology, those far above the pay grade I ever achieved give the "secret handshake", or what ever they do behind closed doors, to get that money, not previously budgeted for, if you get what I'm saying.[:D]

FT

KevinBLC
28 February 2014, 00:16
Thanks for the info gents. Never was in the service (obviously) just figured Uncle Sam would try to outfit the troops with the best equipment our tax dollars could buy. Wishful thinking I suppose. Thanks for your service.

mustangfreek
28 February 2014, 01:45
Everytime I watch Zero Dark Thirty it makes me want to buy night vision, just like Star Wars made me want a light saber.

Lol..i went to high school with one of the main actors in that movie, even did some partying with him back in the day..lol

GOST
28 February 2014, 01:51
Most famous person I went to school with was a guy who ended up shooting a student that his teacher wife was sleeping with. This ended up getting him on the Today show.

mustangfreek
28 February 2014, 01:53
Most famous person I went to school with was a guy who ended up shooting a student that his teacher wife was sleeping with. This ended up getting him on the Today show.

Well thats quite a story also..lol

baboon
28 February 2014, 05:29
Why even have the Eotech & magnifier on that weapon when my guess the solider carrying it would be wearing GPNVG-18 & using the aiming laser during the raid?

gatordev
2 March 2014, 16:08
Why even have the Eotech & magnifier on that weapon when my guess the solider carrying it would be wearing GPNVG-18 & using the aiming laser during the raid?

Probably because the weapon isn't always used at night. And even at night, NVGs aren't helpful if the room is lit, even dimly.