PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Company USA KeyMod Grip

UWone77
26 February 2014, 11:32
We've had some lively discussion on KeyMods so for those on the fence (admittedly, I'm one of those people, but starting to lean towards KeyMod) accessories like this direct attach foregrip from BCM might start changing your mind. From SHOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SNLE3Wt0qXk

FortTom
26 February 2014, 17:31
We've had some lively discussion on KeyMods

Whaa??? Us?.....ahhh! What ever gave you that idea??...:confused:

FT...

FortTom
3 March 2014, 13:07
NOTE: After the video plays, there are tile options for other videos. One is for the Noveske hand guard kit. Here is my take on that one, if you watch it.

As for the Noveske Kit, I think the guy in the video must have some "dexterity" issues. Granted, I didn't put mine all of the way out to the end, not a good fit for me, but I certainly didn't have to take a Dremel tool to chop it up to make the pieces fit together. The pieces are a tight fit, but with a little common sense and some elbow grease, they do fit. On the upside, I don't see them falling out to easily, but I'll have to get this rifle to the range. Snowed in....again.

As for the side panel cover. I wrote Noveske about that. Why just supply one? It made no sense to me. I asked if I could buy just a single panel.

Noveske's response:" We can't sell you a single panel. We have had numerous people inquire as to this. We suggest you buy a second kit and keep the rest of the parts for spares." Certainly not the logic I would expect from Noveske, but that is their "fix". I'm not quite sure why they don't package 2 panels, and if necessary adjust the price accordingly.

Lastly, maybe there's an installation video out there that shows how to install the kit without beating the hell out of everything. I did, have to use the rubber side of a small hammer to get the rear most piece to "settle" into the hole. However, nothing to the extent of the guy in the video with his Dremel tool and big hammer. Noveske also shows an easy way to remove them. Video guy says he's worried about how hard they are to get out. Noveske instructions say use an empty 5.56, slide in key hole, and push up.

Point: Don't let "video guy" dissuade you from these kits, or have you think you need a cutting torch to install them with. It is crazy that Noveske only includes 1 panel, and if you want to use them for side panels, you'll need two kits.

FT.

EDIT: Just noticed that there are two video's of people installing Noveske kits. One guy got it right the first time.

Slippers
3 March 2014, 14:43
The Noveske panels are pretty tight. I took a piece of sand paper and used the edge to gently remove a bit of material under each of the keymod "nuts" on the back of the panels. Made it much easier to install.

I do prefer that they be snug, rather than loose. I have a set of the KAC panels and they slide back and forth a little while mounted. Somewhat annoying. Hopefully the upcoming ones from BCM are better than the KAC.

FortTom
3 March 2014, 18:43
The Noveske panels are pretty tight. I took a piece of sand paper and used the edge to gently remove a bit of material under each of the keymod "nuts" on the back of the panels. Made it much easier to install.

I do prefer that they be snug, rather than loose. I have a set of the KAC panels and they slide back and forth a little while mounted. Somewhat annoying. Hopefully the upcoming ones from BCM are better than the KAC.

Actually, getting the last piece in, took some light persuading with a small, hard rubber hammer. It's in there tight, and I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere soon. I almost did what you did with the sandpaper, but one last tap with the hammer and it just went into place.

FT

FortTom
3 March 2014, 18:56
UWone77,

Showed this video to a friend at his place of work. He's wanting one of these badly. Did you get an ETA for these, at the show?

Thanks,
FT