PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Weapon Evolution 50K Likes

UWone77
15 March 2014, 15:03
So, the staff and sponsors are planning to have some kind of giveaway when we hit 50K likes on Facebook, which should be within the next 20-25 days or so as we are sitting at 43k now.

I thought how we ran it the last time went smoothly, and plan to keep the same format, unless you guys have any suggestions. I'm also planning on having some kind of separate prizes for loyal members to reward those who contribute and visit the board on a regular basis. I haven't decided how that criteria should be met, ie post count, last visit, membership length, ect.

Feel free to post what you'd like to see as far as giveaway items, rules, or format!

UWone77
16 March 2014, 11:15
Sorry about that, forgot the Announcement section was read only, so I've moved this thread to the Lounge if anyone wants to pipe up.

Judicator
16 March 2014, 11:42
Lol was wondering why I had no permission. I said before, I feel post count and last visit would work if possible. To me membership time sucks for those like me who recently join because of stick and giveaway and have hung around. I visit about 3 times daily and add my input if I feel it isn't WAAAAY off the mark.

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

MoxyDave
16 March 2014, 16:06
Sounds cool man. The only thing I'd mention is maybe send an email to the winners. Waiting for them to respond to a thread isn't super fair, sometimes things get busy and we can't read WEVO every day ...

mustangfreek
16 March 2014, 16:22
Sorry about that, forgot the Announcement section was read only, so I've moved this thread to the Lounge if anyone wants to pipe up.

Lol..i thought it was only me , not allowed..thought i was on the bad list..

Anyway you want to run it is cool with me, always nice to see forums/companies giving goodies out to the little guys. Maybe though people who havent been on in the last month or 2 be out ?

Also agree with the email thing.

Anyways good luck to all..

Judicator
16 March 2014, 16:37
Not so much an email but a pm(that should generate an email), but at the same time after a week of not checking then I dunno.

UWone77
16 March 2014, 16:44
Sounds cool man. The only thing I'd mention is maybe send an email to the winners. Waiting for them to respond to a thread isn't super fair, sometimes things get busy and we can't read WEVO every day ...

I sent all the winners a PM after a few days of no response.

Remember we also had a winners thread?

If you can't check the winners thread, well... part of me thinks you don't even deserve that reminder PM. [:D]

MoxyDave
17 March 2014, 10:42
Hehe, fair enough [:)]

GOST
17 March 2014, 12:07
I think you should have both Thai and German in your gene pool to qualify.

mustangfreek
26 March 2014, 01:37
just under 46k on the likes..any hints to what goodies are gonna be given away?

UWone77
26 March 2014, 22:16
just under 46k on the likes..any hints to what goodies are gonna be given away?

We're actually working on a pretty good giveaway. Uppers, Lowers, accessories, muzzle devices, shirts, ect.

Some of our sponsors so far:

CMT Tactical
Dahmer Arms
AR15news.com
Rainier Arms
Fortis Manufacturing
VG6 Precision

Working on a 1/2 dozen more. It should be a pretty good giveaway. We're going to keep a couple of the nice items for WEVO members who have been here.

mustangfreek
27 March 2014, 01:02
We're actually working on a pretty good giveaway. Uppers, Lowers, accessories, muzzle devices, shirts, ect.

Some of our sponsors so far:

CMT Tactical
Dahmer Arms
AR15news.com
Rainier Arms
Fortis Manufacturing
VG6 Precision

Working on a 1/2 dozen more. It should be a pretty good giveaway. We're going to keep a couple of the nice items for WEVO members who have been here.

Cool!!

Thats a nice list of sponsor goodies...

Judicator
27 March 2014, 14:21
Nice items = complete rifles. You lucky sobs! :-D

UWone77
29 March 2014, 19:39
So today I was informed that a few more items will be thrown into the pot:

Stickman is giving away a couple of 20x30 prints
Aero Precision is throwing in a Complete 16" Midlength COP upper (Sorry Dave they outdid your prize :) )
Parallax Tactical is throwing in a FFSSR Rail
Noveske Rifleworks is sending a mystery prize

This should be pretty good!

Battle Cock
29 March 2014, 19:51
Does Stickman sell prints? If I don't win one I might want to buy one.

FortTom
29 March 2014, 19:54
Wow! Those ARE some awesome prizes...

FT

mustangfreek
29 March 2014, 23:28
Wow! Those ARE some awesome prizes...

FT

X2..what he said..

UWone77
4 April 2014, 00:00
And... San Tan Tactical is throwing in an STT-15 Lower. You know you want one...

GOST
4 April 2014, 01:53
Mystery prize?

mustangfreek
4 April 2014, 01:57
And... San Tan Tactical is throwing in an STT-15 Lower. You know you want one...

really..? or is it still april fools?

Judicator
4 April 2014, 03:33
I'm curious on the Noveske mystery prize haha

GOST
4 April 2014, 03:55
Gen 3 receiver set.

Computalotapus
4 April 2014, 05:32
The prints would go nice in my office. I didn't know Stick sold prints so take my money now please!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

UWone77
10 April 2014, 12:03
Looks like we are going to launch next Monday - ish. 4/14

A few of the prizes will be held back for a separate giveaway for "veteran WEVO" members. So basically if you've signed up for WEVO on or before 3/31/14 you are in the "veteran" status. We had to do a cut off at some point, so this makes it easy to identify. This part of the giveaway will not be advertised anywhere except on the forum. This prevents the one and done sign ups from winning and increases the chances for our loyal members.

Stay tuned, more details to follow.

Battle Cock
10 April 2014, 12:20
It is my humble and so very completely unbiased opinion that at least one of Stickman's prints should be included in the veteran giveaway. Art like that should go to those who are capable of appreciating it most. That, and I want more chances to win one!

Aragorn
10 April 2014, 14:18
A few of the prizes will be held back for a separate giveaway for "veteran WEVO" members. So basically if you've signed up for WEVO on or before 3/31/14 you are in the "veteran" status. We had to do a cut off at some point, so this makes it easy to identify. This part of the giveaway will not be advertised anywhere except on the forum. This prevents the one and done sign ups from winning and increases the chances for our loyal members.

This makes me happy. Historically it's kinda rubbed me the wrong way when 500 new members join just to post "I'm in", decreasing everyone else's chances, and then vanish like a fart in the wind with exactly 1 post and nothing to contribute.

Judicator
10 April 2014, 14:43
I love this place.. I see new products and reviews(still waiting on that tin BCG UWone) before anywhere else. I'm glad I stuck around haha

MoxyDave
10 April 2014, 15:07
Haha "fart in the wind" ... my father used to say that a lot [:)]

Love the "veteran status" giveaway! Stoked!

UWone77
10 April 2014, 15:24
I love this place.. I see new products and reviews(still waiting on that tin BCG UWone) before anywhere else. I'm glad I stuck around haha

Funny you mention that.

I should be wrapping up a short review on that next week.

Judicator
10 April 2014, 17:15
:) just busting chops... I'm broke atm anyways. Gotta pay for my wife's skydiving fun and buy her a bday gift.

GOST
10 April 2014, 18:11
I've got a cerakote job to pay for and send off my form 1 for my new Noveske Gen 2. I need parts to go with this new build, gonna be a 10.5".

UWone77
11 April 2014, 00:00
:) just busting chops... I'm broke atm anyways. Gotta pay for my wife's skydiving fun and buy her a bday gift.

Judicator's b-day gift... wife jumps out of the plane... without a parachute... Happy Birthday! [:D]

Judicator
11 April 2014, 04:15
Judicator's b-day gift... wife jumps out of the plane... without a parachute... Happy Birthday! [:D]

Haha I been making that joke, that is COULD be a x-mad gift to me too. Then all her nice weapons will be mine >=)

GOST
14 April 2014, 05:34
Did this thing start up today?

Judicator
14 April 2014, 09:40
^---- You sir are fired for asking lol. It's when their Facebook hits 50K likes. :)

GOST
14 April 2014, 10:15
My bad

UWone77
18 April 2014, 12:08
Already had to ban a couple of known scammers.... and what's up with people entering daily?!

Computalotapus
18 April 2014, 13:54
No clue brother..I giggle when I see it tho haha

Battle Cock
18 April 2014, 14:27
Already had to ban a couple of known scammers.... and what's up with people entering daily?!

There are plenty of giveaways which allow daily entries. I guess these folks didn't take the time to read the directions.

UWone77
18 April 2014, 14:32
There are plenty of giveaways which allow daily entries. I guess these folks didn't take the time to read the directions.

They won't be winning. If you can't take the time to read the directions, I can't give you a prize.

Speaking of prizes, Battle Arms Development contacted me, they'll be sending some goods to giveaway as well.

Battle Cock
18 April 2014, 14:48
Speaking of prizes, Battle Arms Development contacted me, they'll be sending some goods to giveaway as well.

How many individual prizes are there now?

FortTom
18 April 2014, 14:55
Just curious, I quit counting the 1 post and done entries, it lost it's humor. Does the management really think that those folks "LIKE" them? I swear, slap me if I'm wrong, but facebook seems so bogus. Really, I'm sincerely curious, how does Facebook benefit the board and sponsors, if the "Like's" are only here to enter a contest, register, and post once never to return again? Oh well, it's cool of you guys to let us folks enter, in a differnet thread, who will return, follow the links of your sponsors, purchase stuff, and come back to the forum, even if we don't win cool stuff, and even if we don't have a farcebook page.[:D] But I'm missing something in the "Big Picture" about how FB is really benefiting anyone, I have to be. It's like I have to go to the store, buy a bunch of cool things, and give them to strangers, so they'll "like" me and be my "friend". I am apparently way out of touch with social media.

:P

FT

Battle Cock
18 April 2014, 15:13
While I can't claim to know why various companies donate to giveaways like this, I'd guess that its all about exposure and brand recognition. The more frequently a company can get their product or name in front of a customer, the more likely that customer is to "trust" the brand when they seek to purchase something.

FortTom
18 April 2014, 17:36
While I can't claim to know why various companies donate to giveaways like this, I'd guess that its all about exposure and brand recognition. The more frequently a company can get their product or name in front of a customer, the more likely that customer is to "trust" the brand when they seek to purchase something.
I thought that was called advertising. Seriously, I'm not trying to be a hard head here, I'm just seriously curious how all of this worked to the benefit of...well anyone. My 8 year old grandson did a video of his pup in a "Stealers" (He's in PA, can't blame him) shirt running up and down a Lego football field. He posted it on Youtube and Facebook, and I was amazed at how many "likes" it got.

Again, I may be getting old and out of touch, but I know which vendors I like to buy from, without having to visit another website to tell them I "like" them, for selling me stuff?

Several years ago, pre-Facebook and youtube, I remember watching a news broadcast, like 60 Minutes, or Dateline, or I don't remember which, but certain groups of people were "professional" contest participants. They would scour the grocery stores, newspaper coupons, just all sorts of stuff. Some of them actually made a heck of a decent living with cash and other prizes. I'm just curious about people that come here, register, and their first and only post, is, "I'm in it to win it". Then wait and see if they won anything or not. I wonder if they're up to the same thing, only with a modern digital twist.

Truth is, it's really none of my business as to how WEVO or other forums set these things up, it's just my never ending curiosity as to how they benefit from it, with aforementioned "1 poster's". Oh well, guess I'll never fully understand it.[:D]

UWone77
18 April 2014, 18:14
FT,

Some of what you maybe missing is, our sponsors don't necessarily have the main goal of advertising through these giveaways. Over the years we have developed a relationship with our sponsors, so they genuinely want to help out and graciously donate to benefit our membership.

Of course we will advertise the fact who is donating and what they're donating to give them more exposure.

In the event someone wins a prize, they love it, and tell all their friends about it, who in turn get to shoot or use it, they may also be buyers down the road. A good example of that is Battle Arms Development Selectors. Someone might win a set who may ordinarily scoff at spending $60-$70 on a safety selector. Once they install their first set, they may end up thinking all 6 of his rifles now need selectors.

In the end, we have great sponsors, who see the value of helping out our membership, so go with the flow. [:D]

FortTom
18 April 2014, 18:26
I'm flowing, I'm flowing.....[:D]

Battle Cock
18 April 2014, 23:29
I just saw that LieutenantASmith tried to enter again and I got a good laugh out of the admin edit!

mustangfreek
19 April 2014, 02:28

I was making a funny when i posted again...Dont kick me out..lol delete my post if need be master....[:D]

Battle Cock
19 April 2014, 11:26
LTSmith is definitely trolling now.

UWone77
19 April 2014, 11:56
Lt. Smith:

Well, when I went to post in the forum this is what I got:
vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I really appreciate the reason why I was banned. I did not do anything wrong so if this is the case I will be sure and let everyone know.

Weapon Evolution:

What's your screen name?

Lt Smith:

For the forum was LieutenantASmith
I am pretty upset about this

I think I got Lt Smith squared away... just a misunderstanding, so I don't anticipate he will be entering everyday again.

Battle Cock
19 April 2014, 12:06
http://replygif.net/thumbnail/947.gif

So he's not trolling. He's just... blind?

Computalotapus
19 April 2014, 12:10
I can't stop laughing....I know its not funny but it is. I think FT should come up with an award for these people cause this is what he was talking about earlier haha

UWone77
19 April 2014, 12:19
Feel free to laugh, I thought it was hilarious when I saw that this morning!

FortTom
19 April 2014, 13:02
I can't stop laughing....I know its not funny but it is. I think FT should come up with an award for these people cause this is what he was talking about earlier haha

The Forest Gump award?.... Mama always told me WEVO is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get..[BD] Lt. Dan, I mean Lt. Smith got banned, mama always told me stupid is as stupid does... I'm not a smart man, but I do know what trolling is..

O.K., now I'm probably in trouble too...[crazy]

gatordev
19 April 2014, 13:38
In the event someone wins a prize, they love it, and tell all their friends about it, who in turn get to shoot or use it, they may also be buyers down the road. A good example of that is Battle Arms Development Selectors. Someone might win a set who may ordinarily scoff at spending $60-$70 on a safety selector. Once they install their first set, they may end up thinking all 6 of his rifles now need selectors.

Despite some very well-written responses to my question in a thread, I still kind of scoff at the BAD selectors because of the price. So basically what I'm saying is that obviously I need to win those. I'm sure everyone will understand. Sorry guys, but those aren't in play anymore. Thanks for your time...I'll just go ahead and PM you my address.

UWone77
29 April 2014, 00:44
Well, you're in luck gator, Just got our package from Battle Arms, they've included 2 sets of BAD-ASS's, so your odds just increased. Looks like the odds so far are looking pretty good overall.

GOST
29 April 2014, 01:23
Despite some very well-written responses to my question in a thread, I still kind of scoff at the BAD selectors because of the price. So basically what I'm saying is that obviously I need to win those. I'm sure everyone will understand. Sorry guys, but those aren't in play anymore. Thanks for your time...I'll just go ahead and PM you my address.

I'm needing one of those also.

GOST
29 April 2014, 03:52
Wish BAD would have put one of those lowers in also.
hint... hint...

gatordev
29 April 2014, 13:10
Well, you're in luck gator, Just got our package from Battle Arms, they've included 2 sets of BAD-ASS's, so your odds just increased. Looks like the odds so far are looking pretty good overall.

You tease.

UWone77
29 April 2014, 21:02
And... Parallax sent not 1, but 2 rails.

I think we'll give one away on the members only section.

mustangfreek
30 April 2014, 00:41
Damn...good work RK..for the behind the scenes work on gettin this put together. plus all the other WEVO guys...

I dont ever win shit, but this kind of generosity in this community is an awesome thing...!!

UWone77
1 May 2014, 18:34
Rainier's package:

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/IMG_1841_zps6801add8.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/IMG_1841_zps6801add8.jpg.html)

FortTom
1 May 2014, 18:43
WOW.....man that is some nice stuff. Some lucky person is going to be thrilled, I'm sure...

FT

Slickshoes
2 May 2014, 00:39
I hate to get lumped into the "one and done" crowd but I typically fall into the "listen, learn and only speak when you can better the conversation" crowd. Guess the lurking has to end sometime!

mustangfreek
2 May 2014, 01:01
More cool stuff UW...Wevo also is officially over 50k likes now..

mustangfreek
2 May 2014, 02:16
So what are all the goodies being given away ?

A list or picture will work...[:D]

UWone77
3 May 2014, 13:45
I hate to get lumped into the "one and done" crowd but I typically fall into the "listen, learn and only speak when you can better the conversation" crowd. Guess the lurking has to end sometime!

Nothing really wrong with one and done. It would be unrealistic to expect everyone who comes here to be a long time contributing member.

But if you come out of the woodwork, hey we welcome you with open arms, and sarcastic comments as well!

UWone77
3 May 2014, 13:45
So what are all the goodies being given away ?

A list or picture will work...[:D]

Don't worry, not that it'll matter to you since you won't win anything. [:D]

mustangfreek
3 May 2014, 14:30
Don't worry, not that it'll matter to you since you won't win anything. [:D]

[crazy]...[noob]

[BD]

UWone77
4 May 2014, 10:40
I'm probably going to make some bundles out of these prizes instead of sending out every little thing.... unless we have objections, which if we do will be noted.

Judicator
4 May 2014, 14:29
Bundles are cool, I mean giving away a crush washer is like a major trolling haha.

mustangfreek
4 May 2014, 15:03
I'm probably going to make some bundles out of these prizes instead of sending out every little thing.... unless we have objections, which if we do will be noted.

I object, i need all the chances i can at winning...lol...ill even pay shipping or come meet the man himself..[BD]

In the goodness of the site, if you win a bad ass prize i think you can pitch in for the shipping atleast..

UWone77
4 May 2014, 15:16
On a side note, I do find it amusing some people have 3 posts... all to say "I'm in" on various giveaways

mustangfreek
4 May 2014, 15:18
On a side note, I do find it amusing some people have 3 posts... all to say "I'm in" on various giveaways

Thats why it should of only be open to contributing members.......[noob]

....just sayin...dont ban me...lol...

Judicator
4 May 2014, 17:31
^^ should have went with a post count along with join date on the members only tho. No biggy it's all in good fun tho. I did join here because of stickmans, but stayed because I love it here.

UWone77
4 May 2014, 17:59
Ahhh, you know guys that's a good idea. Next time, I'll do that... have to be a contributing member to participate. Many more giveaways to come in the future as well as a T&E program I want to launch this year for members.

FortTom
4 May 2014, 18:58
Bundles are cool, I mean giving away a crush washer is like a major trolling haha.

Hey, what's the matter with a crush washer? I'll take a crush washer....just to say I won something, besides, I'll probably over rotate a brake or flash hider sooner or later..[:D]

FT[BD]

Computalotapus
4 May 2014, 19:02
Ahhh, you know guys that's a good idea. Next time, I'll do that... have to be a contributing member to participate. Many more giveaways to come in the future as well as a T&E program I want to launch this year for members.

Oh I'm in for T&E... Would pay shipping both ways for that. :)

Might have something in the future to pass out for T&E as well.

Judicator
4 May 2014, 19:04

What is the post count to acquire that status? Just curious :)

FortTom
4 May 2014, 19:25
Oh I'm in for T&E...Might have something in the future to pass out for T&E as well.

Hey Comp, you know we aren't going to let you get away with a tease like that, without bugging you to death for details......[:D]

FT

Pyzik
4 May 2014, 19:39
While I'm one of the ones with low post count I do read a lot.

I don't feel knowledgeable to really 'give' much.

It's tapatalk's fault.

Airborne_EWO
5 May 2014, 05:04

While more chances to win would be nice, winning a bundle of stuff would be awesome. No objection from me.

Sent from the center of the universe!

Battle Cock
5 May 2014, 07:42
I'm with everyone else; bundles are good! So long as you end up with more than one or two that is.

Computalotapus
5 May 2014, 07:49
Hey Comp, you know we aren't going to let you get away with a tease like that, without bugging you to death for details......[:D]

FT

working with a local guy that has his manufacturer's license and he is currently making billet lowers and he has a pretty nice brake out.. but I have a design for a rail that I might have him mill out.. and I may or may not be goofing around with a bunch of Kydex at the house more geared to 2/3 Gun setups and CQB style rigs.

Judicator
5 May 2014, 08:15
While I'm one of the ones with low post count I do read a lot.

I don't feel knowledgeable to really 'give' much.

It's tapatalk's fault.

Yes but i think we all mean along the line of the people with 2-3 posts. Let's see info can count all 3.
Stickmans
50k giveaway
50k members giveaway

Haha 19 post man shows you are on more than just giveaways

Peckerinak
5 May 2014, 10:22
Lmao, I only have a couple post, but I generally visit the site daily or every other day, don't consider myself a expert by any means and don't wanna make myself look like a ass so I don't say anything but read a lot. Plus I'm also on 2 other gun websites that I'm a lot more active and make myself look like a ass there.

KevinBLC
5 May 2014, 13:54
Lmao, I only have a couple post, but I generally visit the site daily or every other day, don't consider myself a expert by any means and don't wanna make myself look like a ass so I don't say anything but read a lot. Plus I'm also on 2 other gun websites that I'm a lot more active and make myself look like a ass there.

I get the feeling here that this board doesn't require you to be an "expert" to post your thoughts like another board I'm a member of. It also doesn't have the full retard posts of ar15.com. Just a nice mix of guys talking about guns.

gatordev
5 May 2014, 14:32

That's a big reason why I haven't entered on the other giveaways. It's mostly people who do a drive by wanting free stuff. For me, I already get free stuff, in that I learn things without paying anything. I don't expect anything material from the site, so I've avoided entering. Of course, now that you're putting those BAD ASS levers in play, well, game on. Smiles, and stuff.

Seriously, though it's a nice thing for you guys to offer, but it isn't what makes me come back to the site.

Judicator
5 May 2014, 16:05
I get the feeling here that this board doesn't require you to be an "expert" to post your thoughts like another board I'm a member of. It also doesn't have the full retard posts of ar15.com. Just a nice mix of guys talking about guns.

Exactly man. I don't know everything. Me personally I'd rather put my input in and get corrected. Rather than not getter corrected and messing something up :)

mustangfreek
6 May 2014, 04:46

.....Your out..... cause you win a RA raffle..and nice prize at that.... while wearing an AK shirt..

Hope your who i think it is..lol..

Peckerinak
6 May 2014, 11:49
.....Your out..... cause you win a RA raffle..and nice prize at that.... while wearing an AK shirt..

Hope your who i think it is..lol..

Lmao.
You mean this handsome guy.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/de5a4abu.jpg
Yeah, but it was a AK as in Alaska shirt that had 2 AKs on it, plus since then I've bought all the parts to build another AR that pretty much is a RUC, except it currently has a Magpul mid length handgaurd instead of a rail, BCM gunfighter CH plus I used a Vltor slick side upper for my wife's build. Plus other stocks mags and various stuff from them.
Kinda funny, I didn't know about them before that day, heard they had a grand opening that day through SGN and was killing a few hours while my daughter was at cheer practice, so to entertain myself I stopped by and looked at all the cool stuff. Stayed for the drawings and realized they'd draw like a dozen numbers to give away a few items cause people got a number and left and they threw away the tickets, so I picked up my kid and wife asked if I wanted to go back for the final drawing and I was like sure, she had a ticket too and we weren't called and they threw away a bunch of tickets from people that left. Nothing going on so we went back and I won.
Best day ever, lol.

UWone77
6 May 2014, 12:02
Well Gents, we are down to about a day and a half, tomorrow around 1700 hours I'll start drawing names and getting rid of some of this cool stuff!

Computalotapus
6 May 2014, 15:20
Well Gents, we are down to about a day and a half, tomorrow around 1700 hours I'll start drawing names and getting rid of some of this cool stuff!

Kinda feels like Christmas Eve

Pyzik
6 May 2014, 18:24

Exciting.

Thanks for the chance at some awesomeness.

XACT_ABORT
6 May 2014, 19:16
Well, I'm guilty of having a low post count. Just joined in March after completing my first rifle so I'm pretty new to the platform. I have since done another so I'm up to two now. Frankly I like some others don't feel that I have much to contribute but I do read a bunch and visit regularly. I generally like this forum and do find it informative with what I consider more useful information than some others. Typically it's more positive with less pointless clutter.

I'm cool with being tagged as a drain on the system I guess, although I kind of thought I was being the opposite by refraining from random responses. This is partly from my newness to the platform, and partly the flat out IT introvert that I am. In any case I didn't have any knowledge of any giveaway but I'm pretty stoked and grateful for the opportunity. But don't worry guys, I never win a damn thing and I'm not expecting that to change. It's usually more fun dream about the prize than it is to find I didn't win it because as I mentioned, my record sucks.

Anyway, just wanted to mention my perspective after noticing the increase in views of my profile.. For what it's worth. I do pledge to be less introverted and try to become a contributing member as I do kind of like it here. And to all that provide the info I have enjoyed thus for I thank you for your effort and contributions. I have found it immensely useful.

This concludes my first post that wasn't to get free stuff:)

mustangfreek
7 May 2014, 01:08
Lmao.
You mean this handsome guy.
Yeah, but it was a AK as in Alaska shirt that had 2 AKs on it, plus since then I've bought all the parts to build another AR that pretty much is a RUC, except it currently has a Magpul mid length handgaurd instead of a rail, BCM gunfighter CH plus I used a Vltor slick side upper for my wife's build. Plus other stocks mags and various stuff from them.
Kinda funny, I didn't know about them before that day, heard they had a grand opening that day through SGN and was killing a few hours while my daughter was at cheer practice, so to entertain myself I stopped by and looked at all the cool stuff. Stayed for the drawings and realized they'd draw like a dozen numbers to give away a few items cause people got a number and left and they threw away the tickets, so I picked up my kid and wife asked if I wanted to go back for the final drawing and I was like sure, she had a ticket too and we weren't called and they threw away a bunch of tickets from people that left. Nothing going on so we went back and I won.
Best day ever, lol.

haha..i knew it was you......Thats funny..

When are you going to list all the goodies that are up for the giveaway...Why...cause i want to know...lol

mustangfreek
27 June 2014, 02:34
Kinda crazy here we are 2 moths later after the 50k giveaway and now the wevo facebook page is sitting on just over 90,000 likes ..in under 2 months...WOW....

UWone77
27 June 2014, 18:40
Kinda crazy here we are 2 moths later after the 50k giveaway and now the wevo facebook page is sitting on just over 90,000 likes ..in under 2 months...WOW....

I don't really know how it happened as usually when you start getting a ton of likes, they're usually fake. However, this time we got a ton more "interaction" as well, so at least some of those new likes were "real"

Most of the time when FB lets gun pages load up on "likes" I'm convinced they load them up with fake likes so their "reach" is actually smaller because less of their real fans are actually getting the posts as these fake likes are getting them in their news feed instead. With no interaction, the post isn't sent to more fans and so on.

Crazy I know... it took off during the giveaway. Guess we just need to keep giving away stuff. [:D]

mustangfreek
27 June 2014, 19:01
I like your last sentence...100k giveaway....lol....[:D].......[crazy]

GOST
28 June 2014, 06:57
Mustangfreak we're gonna have to find someone else to run a giveaway to get you some love.[BD]

mustangfreek
28 June 2014, 14:15
Mustangfreak we're gonna have to find someone else to run a giveaway to get you some love.[BD]

Hahahaha...

Aragorn
28 June 2014, 15:50
What's also crazy is now we have nearly 10,000 members, I remember when it was under 3,000....

UWone77
29 June 2014, 22:18
What's also crazy is now we have nearly 10,000 members, I remember when it was under 3,000....

I remember when you clicked new posts, you would see maybe 2. Glad we have some regulars that keep this place on its toes, like FT and GOST.... [:D]

The Facebook page is still getting 500+ Likes per day, so we're not going to have a 100K Giveaway as that would literally be next month. We try not to hit up our sponsors too often, so we try to do the giveaway thing once a year. Besides, it's kind a pain in the ass to put these together and then administer them.

However, Stickman is going to hit 80K soon, and plans to have a giveaway at 100K so I'll put that together probably towards the fall / end of the year. He plans to giveaway one of his personally used uppers in that one. That giveaway will also be hosted on WEVO so stay tuned for that.

mustangfreek
30 June 2014, 02:16
I remember when you clicked new posts, you would see maybe 2. Glad we have some regulars that keep this place on its toes, like FT and GOST.... [:D]

The Facebook page is still getting 500+ Likes per day, so we're not going to have a 100K Giveaway as that would literally be next month. We try not to hit up our sponsors too often, so we try to do the giveaway thing once a year. Besides, it's kind a pain in the ass to put these together and then administer them.

However, Stickman is going to hit 80K soon, and plans to have a giveaway at 100K so I'll put that together probably towards the fall / end of the year. He plans to giveaway one of his personally used uppers in that one. That giveaway will also be hosted on WEVO so stay tuned for that.

Cool giveaway and ideas...I also remember when i fist joined there would be like UW says, 5 new posts for the day..lol