PDA

View Full Version : BATFE Raid Ares Armor Over 80% Polymer Lowers

GOST
18 March 2014, 05:54
Here's the link to the story off of Ares Armor's site:

http://aresarmor.com/store/Ares-Armor-dispute-with-the-ATF

FortTom
18 March 2014, 10:24
Read this a day or two ago. Interesting. Attorney General refuses to investigate 'Bama Guns", those that illegally cross into Mexico, through the hands of the Feds and their "agents" into the hands of Mexican drug cartel's thugs, and used to kill our border agents, but ATF has no compunction concerning walking over a court ordered restraining order against them (ATF) in a raid on American soil. I'm seriously curious as to why they did it before operating hours. I would have thought they'd at least like to kick the teeth of a couple of hourly employees in, just to "blood up" their boots a bit [adore] This is just the beginning. Nobody ever thinks it could happen to them.

FT

UWone77
19 March 2014, 00:51
I'll wait till all the facts come out.

Just on face value, it doesn't look good, but having been on the LE side of things, often details used for those warrants aren't shared with the public until later.

MoxyDave
19 March 2014, 11:23
I've been following this closely, well as much as possible with the info that's out there. It will be very interesting to find out what really happened, after the fact.

I have a strong opinion but it is only speculation so we'll wait and see ...

FortTom
19 March 2014, 12:58
I'll wait till all the facts come out.

Just on face value, it doesn't look good, but having been on the LE side of things, often details used for those warrants aren't shared with the public until later.

UW, wise move. Don't mean to come off as a radical who hates LE, just the opposite. It's the politicians and their hypocrisy that drive these kinds of things that strikes a nerve with me. And there are LE's who are jack-booted also, bad apples in every bunch. I know, I laugh every time I think about a "former" Sheriff, that I truly despised, as a thug and a bully, occupying a new office, in KY, called prison.

Even if there is more to the story, which is quite possible, I still can't reconcile the hypocrisy of the Feds raiding civilians, but refusing to allow an investigation of their own wrong doing, with firearms.

FT

GOST
20 March 2014, 04:19
UW, wise move. Don't mean to come off as a radical who hates LE, just the opposite. It's the politicians and their hypocrisy that drive these kinds of things that strikes a nerve with me. And there are LE's who are jack-booted also, bad apples in every bunch. I know, I laugh every time I think about a "former" Sheriff, that I truly despised, as a thug and a bully, occupying a new office, in KY, called prison.

Even if there is more to the story, which is quite possible, I still can't reconcile the hypocrisy of the Feds raiding civilians, but refusing to allow an investigation of their own wrong doing, with firearms.

FT

UWone77 makes me dislike LEO everytime he post pics of his new toys.

Sodbuster
21 March 2014, 17:17
David Codrea has the scoop at the examiner.com

http://www.examiner.com/article/atf-files-opposition-motion-to-tro-ares-armor-case

UWone77
29 March 2014, 10:54
UWone77 makes me dislike LEO everytime he post pics of his new toys.

Oh C'mon!!

GOST
29 March 2014, 13:50
I kid, your to nice not to like.

tappedandtagged
29 March 2014, 20:27
Gotta love them for marketing "BATF inspected" products!!

At least after this there should be more clarification on what constitutes a firearm vs an 80%. Emphasis on SHOULD.