PDA

View Full Version : ADCOR Non-Reciprocating Forward Charging Handle

GOST
27 March 2014, 07:52
Something different, anyone got to mess with one of these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnJTKxKg0j4

AR-10
27 March 2014, 11:07
That's cool and all, but it's a single shot.

I'm guessing there's no room for a gas tube or a piston op rod because of the design?

What is the point unless you live in a state that bans semi-autos?

My Bison 6.8 is a side charger with a reciprocating handle and not once has the knob been an issue.

Battle Cock
27 March 2014, 11:29
That reminds me of the pump action AK's they sell in restricted states. Except less functional. If it does function on semi auto then my question is, why? Why overcomplicate your charging method? The straight pull of a traditional AR charging handle is basic and reliable. And with the correct charging handle, very easy to operate in a variety of positions.

FortTom
27 March 2014, 16:56
My take on it is that they're marketing it as a "back-up" tool, in the event that your charging system breaks down, rendering your rifle in-operable. You, could then use manual charging handle to stay in the fight. I'm not really sure how this will be received by the AR community, though. But it does fulfill a purpose, however, I don't think it's purpose is to charge a rifle in a restricted state or to build a faux semi-auto.

FT

avtech850
17 September 2014, 18:04
Sorry to revive a necro thread, but it does function in semi auto. It is like a more uncomfortable FAL charging handle. I looked at one when I was in the market for my first AR and a friend of mine ended up buying one. It was neat to my new too the platform piston loving self, but after using it I fell out of love pretty quickly.

Cameramike
1 November 2014, 12:56
That is the ADCOR Elite with a forward charging handle. Its non-recp so it won't snatch off your fingernail or thumb like the SCAR. I've seen this video. This was a demonstration of how you don't come off the optic or the target if you have any standard failure to fire. To dramatize this they removed the regulator at the head of the rail. Its just takes the tip of your bullet push the pin and pull it No the Piston system is disabled. So this isn't a pump action rifle. Its one of the most dependable Piston, FREE FLOATED Accurate AR's available. Even with a scope you don't come off the optic. but with any other AR you'd have to lift your check off the stock to manually re-charge the weapon using the rear charging handle. Now watch the video, never comes off the glass.

Check this video out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwlIi6-VBPA&spfreload=10

Cameramike
1 November 2014, 12:58
Its a Semi Auto rifle. I own two. That was just a demonstration, never having to take your eye of the glass or target. Its an increadable accurate and dependable rifle, piston system.

UWone77
1 November 2014, 13:35
Cameramike?

Is this camomikes doppelganger ? [:D]

GOST
1 November 2014, 13:42
Was thinking the same thing when I first looked at it.

toolboxluis00200
1 November 2014, 13:53
looks interesting i prefer the DI version less moving parts but that just me