3 November 2017, 11:07
Form 4 Trust... let the 360+ day waiting not hinder you! [:D]

Dead Air Sandman Ti
Submitted: 11/3/16
Check Cashed: 11/8/16
Pending:
Approved: 10/26/17
Arrived in the Mail: 11/2/17

Do any of your inside people have insight as to why it's so friggin long now for that? I realize you will say that 'it comes with the turf' or 'before...' but I am kind of wondering the status at the ATF or why it takes them so damn long when they had it way shorter than that before.

Joelski
3 November 2017, 11:26
Seriously, you're better off doing an individual app and transferring it to your trust later. Hell, better to get the can now then wait for the HPA or whatever to pass. Protip: Don't hold your breath.

UWone77
3 November 2017, 11:28
Do any of your inside people have insight as to why it's so friggin long now for that? I realize you will say that 'it comes with the turf' or 'before...' but I am kind of wondering the status at the ATF or why it takes them so damn long when they had it way shorter than that before.

gator touched on one of the reasons above. Trusts take longer to process in general. Longer if you have a gaggle of responsible persons listed.

ATF is also using outside help to process forms, and they're only doing individuals.

Everything I have is on my trust, so I'll continue that route, even if I've been tempted to file as an individual. I'm really in no rush. I've got something being approved every month to every other month right now.

alamo5000
3 November 2017, 11:48
Seriously, you're better off doing an individual app and transferring it to your trust later. Hell, better to get the can now then wait for the HPA or whatever to pass. Protip: Don't hold your breath.

I ain't waiting. I got two in jail now. I have at least two more that I really want to get and will do so as soon as my employment situation stabilizes. Still, a year is a PITA. I have lived this long without those particular cans so I figure a little longer won't kill me.

gator touched on one of the reasons above. Trusts take longer to process in general. Longer if you have a gaggle of responsible persons listed.

ATF is also using outside help to process forms, and they're only doing individuals.

Everything I have is on my trust, so I'll continue that route, even if I've been tempted to file as an individual. I'm really in no rush. I've got something being approved every month to every other month right now.

I don't think I will go the individual route myself but anything is possible. Everything is set up under the trust so it's literally just a couple clicks away at this point.

On my trust I only have two people listed. Me and my dad. And neither of us have ever been in trouble [BD]

Like I said above, I have two in jail now and I have at least two more that I want to get. As soon as the situation permits I will do the deed again. It's just stupid to take so damn long on all of these. Bitching about the ATF here won't help my cause but just saying... that kind of blows.

Joelski
3 November 2017, 12:16
Anybody know if it's possible to have a sole individual trust? I.E. nobody else except the responsible person?

gatordev
3 November 2017, 13:30
Anybody know if it's possible to have a sole individual trust? I.E. nobody else except the responsible person?

Yes. The settlor is also the assignee (or whatever it's called....person able to touch the naughty things).

On my trust I only have two people listed. Me and my dad. And neither of us have ever been in trouble

It still takes time. But it appears that time is coming down now that the 41F pig is through the snake.

alamo5000
3 November 2017, 13:44
Yes. The settlor is also the assignee (or whatever it's called....person able to touch the naughty things).

It still takes time. But it appears that time is coming down now that the 41F pig is through the snake.

In a previous life I ran thousands and thousands of background checks on people (on behalf of a big govt agency here) for a living. We did everything the ATF is doing (and probably more) so I can feel their pain. I am more familiar with the whole 'background check' thing than probably most other people on the planet.

Anyway let's hope I get my crap together soon so I can put two more suspects in jail [BD]

fledge
3 November 2017, 14:15
In short, each responsible person on a trust is treated like a new Form submission. It’s like standing in line for the ride and l a whole family shows up for the guy standing in front of you.

Ordnance
3 November 2017, 17:04
It's the "Settlor" and the "Trustee(s)." I haven't submitted anything since the new rules, however, I would think that they would require everyone on the Schedule B to have to have fingerprints, photos, etc. done as well. In many states, however, I believe for a trust to be valid the Settlor and the person(s) in the Schedule B cannot be the same. You want to consult an attorney in your state, just to error on the side of caution.

Stone
3 November 2017, 18:23
You can do it their way or just remove them from the trust, file and add them back on in the future. You can also do a new trust with just your self on it as the Grantor and sole trustee. Then in the future add a beneficiary as needed. Looking at mine I have a clause that states:

2. RESERVATION OF GRANTOR- RIGHTS TO AMEND OR REVOKE: Grantor hereby
reserves the right to amend, revoke, alter, modify or otherwise change this trust in whole or in part at
any time and from time to time by written instrument signed by the grantor and delivered to the
Trustees. No such change shall increase the duties or liabilities of the Trustees. No such change
shall decrease the compensation of the Trustees. In the event that this Trust is revoked, then the
Trustees shall pay over to, transfer, assign, and convey to the Grantor, or as the Grantor may direct in
the instrument of revocation, all of the then trust property, provided however, that any NFA articles
or Title II firearms may only be transferred, assigned, and conveyed in full compliance with the law.

And I have this form:

Trust Amendment and Notification.

Fellow Trustees,

Pursuant to the powers I reserved for myself in Paragraph 2 of [name of trust], I hereby amend the trust as follows:

[Describe changes.]

[Examples include: I hereby add John Doe as a Trustee; or I hereby remove Jane Doe as Beneficiary]

Please keep this written instrument with your copy of the Trust.

This gives me the power to do as I will with the trust. If a person has a divorce or a family member passes or there is a fallout this power is needed. If you have this clause use it! When you take them off get the amendment form notarized with the current date.

Stone
3 November 2017, 19:19
As I am reading through the ruling, it appears that this does NOT include beneficiaries only the grantor and trustees need to be finger printed and photographed. Do folks realize this or am I late to the party?

cjd3
3 November 2017, 19:22
Griffin Revolution 45
Purchased 6/3/2016
Pending 10/20/2016
Approved 10/22/2017
Delivered 11/2/2017

No more stamps in the queue, and I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

https://i.imgur.com/pgF40NM.jpg

alamo5000
3 November 2017, 19:44
Griffin Revolution 45
Purchased 6/3/2016
Pending 10/20/2016
Approved 10/22/2017
Delivered 11/2/2017

No more stamps in the queue, and I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

https://i.imgur.com/pgF40NM.jpg

I want to hear your thoughts on that can. It's one of the two on my list that I will buy.

Ordnance
3 November 2017, 21:44
As I am reading through the ruling, it appears that this does NOT include beneficiaries only the grantor and trustees need to be finger printed and photographed. Do folks realize this or am I late to the party?

I wasn't sure if the beneficiaries on the Schedule B had to be or not. I need to look up the new ruling.

Big_Tom
3 November 2017, 21:47
As I am reading through the ruling, it appears that this does NOT include beneficiaries only the grantor and trustees need to be finger printed and photographed. Do folks realize this or am I late to the party?This is why the single shot trust from SS is good for. I can submit paper work as a trust by myself. And when it gets approved I can add beneficiaries by just signing a couple lines and having it notarized.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk

cjd3
4 November 2017, 01:06
I want to hear your thoughts on that can. It's one of the two on my list that I will buy.

I should get some range time next week, and let you guys know. First impression, it's big, but it fits nicely and feels good on my xDm. Bigger than my Omega, but lighter. Disassembly is no problem, and it does come with the piston. I'll give it a try in both regular and K config (you loose 3 baffles). This was my .45 can of choice when I bought it for 2 reasons, it was in stock at Silencer Shop at the time, and the Rugged Obsidian was $200 more expensive. It's all cleaned up and ready to go.

Aragorn
4 November 2017, 07:05
So if I'm looking to get my first suppressor, have no other NFA items and no trust set up, what would be the recommended way to go? Only other person who would have full time access is my wife, and with my job I'm gone a lot (don't know if that part matters, just leaves her as the only person at home with access to the safe).

Individual? Trust? Other?

Also, looking to move out of state inside the next 6 months. How does that affect things if I purchase and then move while things are still being processed?

BoilerUp
4 November 2017, 08:23
So if I'm looking to get my first suppressor, have no other NFA items and no trust set up, what would be the recommended way to go? Only other person who would have full time access is my wife, and with my job I'm gone a lot (don't know if that part matters, just leaves her as the only person at home with access to the safe).

Individual? Trust? Other?

Also, looking to move out of state inside the next 6 months. How does that affect things if I purchase and then move while things are still being processed?

If you want to put the suppressor in a safe that the wife doesn't have access to, go individual. If you want your wife to be able to have legal possession, go Trust. You can add her as a responsible person after the can transfers into your possession, or name her up front and send in prints/photo with your transfer form. I think worse case with a move is you'll have to have your dealer transfer it to your new dealer which will add a few extra weeks at the back end.

If you chose to go with a trust I wholeheartedly recommend Dennis Brislawn and his network: https://nwgunlawgroup.com/ Give his office a call and they'll direct you to someone who knows the ins-and-out of your specific state. It'll cost a bit more than others but you're getting legal counsel, not just a form.

fledge
4 November 2017, 08:44
I’m in your situation, Aragorn. Trust. Because we don’t want the hassle of worrying about keeping items from her in the event we want her to have access to them. You never know what that could be, including emergency situations, like joining you elsewhere in an evacuation or rescuing said items from a fire when you are away.

I’d look at the one-shot trust at SS and add her after the fact.

Aragorn
4 November 2017, 08:57
I’m in your situation, Aragorn. Trust. Because we don’t want the hassle of worrying about keeping items from her in the event we want her to have access to them. You never know what that could be, including emergency situations, like joining you elsewhere in an evacuation or rescuing said items from a fire when you are away.

I’d look at the one-shot trust at SS and add her after the fact.

All sounds good to me. What's SS? How long does it take to add someone after the fact?

Joelski
4 November 2017, 09:10
How long does it take to add someone after the fact?

Aragorn, my trust vendor sent a form with my kit to update the ATF on trust members. Looks like it's just notification, at least on Ohio.

fledge
4 November 2017, 09:20
What's SS?

Silencer Shop. I’d start by asking them about adding others (since they are invested in being informed and have professionals overseeing their process) and then verify.

alamo5000
4 November 2017, 09:23
Aragorn, my trust vendor sent a form with my kit to update the ATF on trust members. Looks like it's just notification, at least on Ohio.

I'm definitely not a lawyer but I think this goes state by state. As far as I know in Texas for example there is no requirement for a public record of a trust.

This is most definitely a situation to ask people in the know.

gatordev
4 November 2017, 10:01
I wasn't sure if the beneficiaries on the Schedule B had to be or not. I need to look up the new ruling.

From Guntrustlawyer.com (or whatever it is...Mr. Goldman), you don't need to put beneficiaries on the responsible persons form.

As has been said, there are different formats and different state laws. I don't have a Schedule B. But if someone other than my beneficiaries and the Settlor/Grantor (me) is to be added, it's done as an amendment, which is a totally separate document, which is nice in order to keep things straight.

UWone77
6 November 2017, 22:48
Form 4 Trust

Gemtech MIST
Submitted: 11/3/16
Check Cashed: 11/8/16
Pending:
Approved: 10/28/17
Arrived in the Mail: 11/6/17

JGifford
11 November 2017, 01:44
Whats current and projected trend for wait time for form 4 individual right now ?

UWone77
11 November 2017, 05:28
Whats current and projected trend for wait time for form 4 individual right now ?

Seems like a lot of Individual forms are right at the 6 month mark, with the ATF having a 3 month goal for individual forms.

WarEagle
11 November 2017, 16:02
F4 Individual
Surefire 5.56 RC2

Check Cashed June 2nd 2017
Approved October 30th 2017
Stamp at dealer Nov 8th 2017

fledge
11 November 2017, 17:19
F4 Individual
Surefire 5.56 RC2

Check Cashed June 2nd 2017
Approved October 30th 2017
Stamp at dealer Nov 8th 2017

5 months! Wow. Enjoy.

JGifford
12 November 2017, 00:22
*made a tiny peepee in my pant*
*debit card did same, although in fear.*

Slippers
28 November 2017, 12:25
F4 individual on Surefire 762 mini 2 and Dead Air Sandman S
Checks cashed June 12, 2017
Stamps received November 28, 2017

alamo5000
28 November 2017, 12:56
F4 individual on Surefire 762 mini 2 and Dead Air Sandman S
Checks cashed June 12, 2017
Stamps received November 28, 2017

6 months on an individual form... hopefully the numbers drop a lot or better yet just go away entirely but I am not holding my breath at all for the latter.

Joelski
28 November 2017, 14:21
Fixin' to light me up some Form 4's. :stogie:

For those in the know: Do we have to send a set of prints with each application, or once per year? (Sorta feel like I'm answering the question myself since they wouldn't possibly look in my file and find prints within the 12 month time period, but I remember hearing that somewhere with the 41F revision).

UWone77
28 November 2017, 16:37

For those in the know: Do we have to send a set of prints with each application, or once per year? (Sorta feel like I'm answering the question myself since they wouldn't possibly look in my file and find prints within the 12 month time period, but I remember hearing that somewhere with the 41F revision).

You need to send 2 cards per application.

UWone77
28 November 2017, 16:37
Envying the Individual times. I have 7 right now that went over the 307 day mark on a Trust.

BoilerUp
28 November 2017, 19:05

This is our Federal government we're talking about here. Figure out what makes the most sense and would be the easiest for the citizen, then do the opposite.

JGifford
7 December 2017, 03:28
Well, I'm waiting. The BATFE cashed my check a few weeks ago. The best part of the NFA process is that I have roughly half a year during which I can fantasize about my purchase without getting bored with it in the least!

alamo5000
8 December 2017, 18:11
Griffin Armament Optimus Micro.

Order placed 12/8/2017

Trust

UWone77
8 December 2017, 18:54
Form 4 Trust

Knights Armament SR15 SBR
Submitted: 1/20/17
Check Cashed: 1/25/17
Pending:
Approved: 11/30/17
Arrived at Dealer: 12/4/17

alamo5000
21 December 2017, 11:12
Griffin Armament Optimus Micro.

Order placed 12/8/2017

Trust

Received by the ATF and check cashed 12/21/2017

Former11B
21 December 2017, 19:19
Griffin Optimus Micro
Can purchased and Forms Mailed: 11-2-17
Check Cashed: 11-6-17
Approved: TBD
In Hand: TBD

Individual Form 4

alamo5000
21 December 2017, 19:46
Griffin Optimus Micro
Approved: TBD
In Hand: TBD

Individual Form 4

WOOT! GA in the house! You will definitely get yours before I get mine but that's ok I guess.

A little bird told me that we should be seeing some online reviews of the Optimus Micro in the next month or so.

I bought one just trusting Griffin and other certain people here on the forum [BD] I am excited for it to be honest.

UWone77
29 December 2017, 21:06
All Form 4 Trusts:

Dead Air MASK
Dead Air GHOST-M
SilencerCo Saker
SilencerCo Omega 9K

Submitted 01-14-17
Check Cashed 01-28-17
Pending:
Approved 12-12-17
At Dealer 12-29-17

335 Days from Check Cashing.

UWone77
9 January 2018, 23:00
Form 4 Trust

Knights Armament QDC CQB Suppressor
Submitted: 1/20/17
Check Cashed: 1/25/17
Pending:
Approved: 12/29/17
Arrived at Dealer: 1/8/18

348 Days from check cashing.

762slinger
14 January 2018, 11:34
Trust F1 for SBR and F4 for a can pending 6/7/17.
F1 approved 1/8/18.
F1 received on 1/13/18.

BoilerUp
14 January 2018, 11:44
Trust F1 for SBR and F4 for a can pending 6/7/17.
F1 approved 1/8/18.
F1 received on 1/13/18.

Oh, that is encouraging. I've got some F1/F4 submissions in not far behind that.

UWone77
14 January 2018, 15:19
Very good news. I've got 2 May 24th check cashing Form 1's in the pipeline.

NFA Tracker shows a steady stream of wait times going down, even for Form 1/4 Trusts.

alamo5000
14 January 2018, 17:41
Very good news. I've got 2 May 24th check cashing Form 1's in the pipeline.

NFA Tracker shows a steady stream of wait times going down, even for Form 1/4 Trusts.

I filtered out Paper Form 4 Trust and this is what the chart looks like. There is clearly a downward trend. 100 days down from the peak. The far right of the chart has times for paper Form 4 Trust at 265 days.

UWone77
14 January 2018, 17:46
Your analysis of the graph is impressive [:D]

alamo5000
14 January 2018, 17:48
Your analysis of the graph is impressive [:D]

I didn't go to that fancy high school over in Bugtussell for nothing.

762slinger
16 January 2018, 20:41
F4 trust on a can.
Check cashed on 6/7/17, approved 1/8/18 and in hand 1/16/18.

alamo5000
16 January 2018, 21:14
F4 trust on a can.
Check cashed on 6/7/17, approved 1/8/18 and in hand 1/16/18.

Damn! This is good! 7 months (give or take) on a F4 Trust.

alamo5000
16 January 2018, 21:19
My chart readin' abilities and edu-ca-shun from Bugtussell high school is finally payin' off.

762slinger
16 January 2018, 21:23
Damn! This is good! 7 months (give or take) on a F4 Trust.

Yeah I was very surprised. Everything I was seeing Lee me to expect it to be another 3-6 months. To get both of these at the same time was surprising.

JGifford
20 January 2018, 15:33
Start adding days...no processing going on right now.

UWone77
20 January 2018, 15:40

Bingo.

This shutdown sucks.

fledge
20 January 2018, 18:39
This is the only moment in the process that I don’t mind waiting. Time to take those ATF salaries to upgrade to automation on clearing these forms.

alamo5000
20 January 2018, 19:52
I wonder if the ATF is (or was) pulling people off of processing in order to deal with the whole bump fire commentary?

I watched MAC's live chat and IV8888 and it sounds possible.

Deadwing
21 January 2018, 04:19
This shutdown sucks.

You're telling me. I'm working on an IOU from the Federal Government until those assclowns in DC get their shit sorted out. Aside from the shutdown, i'm glad to hear wait times are dropping. I've got a handful of Form 1s i need to send in just as soon as i find time to get fingerprinted...

gatordev
21 January 2018, 11:54

Maybe. Lots of contractors can still work as long as their job is funded. Often times that's monthly, quarterly, or for the FY. I have no idea how the ATF is funding the contract "examiners," but if it's at least monthly, then some processing may be happening through the 31st.

Still, no doubt some slow down will occur.

BoilerUp
25 January 2018, 18:04
Quite a treat in my mailbox today: my first-ever stamp.

Form 1 SBR, Trust submitted via Silencershop

Submitted: June 21, 2017
Approved: Jan 12, 2018
Received: Jan 25, 2018

Funny things is I've actually got 3 other stamps in front of this one (two Form-4s, one more Form 1), so I hope those start hitting soon. Now I need to order a stock for my MPX.

fledge
25 January 2018, 18:50
Congrats, BoilerUp!

cjd3
26 January 2018, 21:12

Funny things is I've actually got 3 other stamps in front of this one (two Form-4s, one more Form 1), so I hope those start hitting soon. Now I need to order a stock for my MPX.

Was the SID finger prints included in the price?

alamo5000
26 January 2018, 22:16
Was the SID finger prints included in the price?

Silencer Shop doesn't charge for prints or photos.

Deadwing
27 January 2018, 03:56

Awesome, man! Congrats! I need to research the Silencer Shop Form 1 process. It sounds pretty convenient. Which stock are you considering for your MPX?

BoilerUp
27 January 2018, 15:43
Thanks, all. Had the engraving done this morning so now I'm just waiting on the stock to arrive. Deadwing, I'm went with the standard Sig collapsible stock, which I actually like. I'm not a fan of side-folders.

FWIW, I submitted the Form 1 on my own for another lower a few weeks before submitting this one through Silencershop. You pay about $40 to SS for the convenience plus the comfort of having an expert review your documents before the go out. I've got a stack of fingerprint cards so I'll probably just do my own next time, but the fact that SS has my trust, prints and photo already sure makes it easy.

Deadwing
28 January 2018, 00:55
Thanks, all. Had the engraving done this morning so now I'm just waiting on the stock to arrive. Deadwing, I'm went with the standard Sig collapsible stock, which I actually like. I'm not a fan of side-folders.

FWIW, I submitted the Form 1 on my own for another lower a few weeks before submitting this one through Silencershop. You pay about $40 to SS for the convenience plus the comfort of having an expert review your documents before the go out. I've got a stack of fingerprint cards so I'll probably just do my own next time, but the fact that SS has my trust, prints and photo already sure makes it easy.

Nice choice on the collapsable stock. My MPX is a factory SBR and thats what it came with. I bought a side folder to try as well. I like them about equally and for different reasons. I'm deffo going to look into the Silencer Shop service. My work schedule is crap and i have virtually zero time to go get my finger prints taken, so having all that on file already would be worth the cost alone. I've got three Form 1s sitting here that need prints before i can send them in.

BoilerUp
5 March 2018, 19:48
Second stamp back, this one for my GA Revolution 9, so my MPX is now the way God intended.

Form 4, Silencer, Trust (1 RP)

Purchased / Submitted: 6/20/2017
Approved: 02/27/2018
Received/Picked up: 03/05/2018

alamo5000
5 March 2018, 20:17
Second stamp back, this one for my GA Revolution 9, so my MPX is now the way God intended.

Form 4, Silencer, Trust (1 RP)

Purchased / Submitted: 6/20/2017
Approved: 02/27/2018
Received/Picked up: 03/05/2018

WOOOT!!! CONGRATS!

That is a very versatile can. Right now it's my go to .22 can while I am waiting for my other one to get out of jail. I don't know what I would do without a 9mm can. It's now so much part of the team that I don't know how I would live without it.

BoilerUp
10 March 2018, 18:26
And Rainier called me today to let me know that my stamp for my GA Recce 5 had come in.

Form 4, Silencer, Trust (1RP)

Purchased/Submitted: 6/10/2017
Check Cashed:6/23/2017
Approved: 3/2/2018
Received/Picked up: 3/10/2018

UWone77
11 March 2018, 11:32
And Rainier called me today to let me know that my stamp for my GA Recce 5 had come in.

Form 4, Silencer, Trust (1RP)

Purchased/Submitted: 6/10/2017
Check Cashed:6/23/2017
Approved: 3/2/2018
Received/Picked up: 3/10/2018

Very good.

Timelines seem to be all over the place right now. I've seen people on NFA tracker post their Trust Form 1/4's from August are now being approved, but 2 of mine from May are nowhere to be found.

The joys of waiting.

Finally submitted 3 more F1's this weekend.

gatordev
11 March 2018, 13:11
I have to believe number of trust members is a big part of the variability now. I'm hopeful that the end of March will bring some excitement for me, but as you said, timelines are all over the place.

UWone77
15 March 2018, 15:33
Got 2 of my oldest ones approved today.

Form 1 Trust

SMOS Arms SBR
Submitted: 5/17/17
Check Cashed: 5/24/17
Pending:
Approved: 3/7/18
Arrived in the Mail: 3/15/18

Form 1 Trust

Colt SBR
Submitted: 5/17/17
Check Cashed: 5/24/17
Pending:
Approved: 3/7/18
Arrived in the Mail: 3/15/18

302 days ... Yikes.

alamo5000
17 March 2018, 09:57
Woo hoo! Two tax stamps arrived today. Recce 5 and Recce 7.

Both done under my Trust.

Checks cashed 8/20/2017

Going to pick them up from the dealer 3/17/2018

207 day wait from cashing to pick up.

alamo5000
17 March 2018, 11:02
Mine were actually approved on the 6th so from cashing to approval with a trust was 196 days.

Stone
18 March 2018, 06:58
Justice Department wants to boost ATF budget to shorten wait for NFA processing

http://www.guns.com/2018/03/16/justice-dept-wants-to-shorten-wait-for-nfa-transfers/

If this goes through 90 days or less will be a big improvement...

fledge
18 March 2018, 07:29
God forbid they automate it so that approvals happen within a day/week.

BoilerUp
19 March 2018, 06:43
Ugh, I just realized that the FFL I chose through Silencer Shop for my GA Alpha went out of business (Priority One Firearms in Edmonds, WA). It looks like another shop is taking over the transfers but this will likely add some time. The purchase was made on 7/22/2017 so the stamp should be coming in any day now (if it hasn't already).

UWone77
20 March 2018, 15:40
2 More approvals

Form 4 Trust

Silencerco ASR K
Submitted: 9/2/17
Check Cashed: 9/7/17
Pending:
Approved: 3/12/18
Arrived at Dealer: 3/18/18

Form 4 Trust

Dead Air Sandman K
Submitted: 9/2/17
Check Cashed: 9/7/17
Pending:
Approved: 3/12/18
Arrived at Dealer: 3/18/18

197 days.

Former11B
23 March 2018, 07:37
I’m at 138 days (and counting) on my Optimus Micro. Cmon ATF!!!!!

BoilerUp
30 March 2018, 18:08
Form 1 SBR, Trust (1 RP)
Submitted: 7/5/17
Card Charged: 7/13/17
Approved: 3/20/18
Received: 3/30/18

UWone77
30 March 2018, 19:04
2 More in the Mail

Form 1 Trust

Knights Armament SBR
Submitted: 8/20/17
Check Cashed: 8/26/17
Pending:
Arrived in the Mail: 3/30/18

Form 1 Trust

Colt SBR
Pending:

212 days.

Stickman
31 March 2018, 20:15
2 More in the Mail

Form 1 Trust

Knights Armament SBR
Pending:

Form 1 Trust

Colt SBR
Pending:

212 days.

Still too long. Hopefully they can it down to 90 days.

gatordev
17 April 2018, 12:00
Form 1 Trust:

Cashed: 10/13/2017
Approved: 4/10/2018
Received: 4/16/2018

Cotton68spc
21 April 2018, 06:46
Form 4 trust 2 person

Pending 3/17/17

FBI background check 2 months ago ....still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UWone77
21 April 2018, 08:14
Form 4 trust 2 person

Pending 3/17/17

FBI background check 2 months ago ....still waiting

I've been seeing October '17 approvals now. March... wow. So hit and miss with NFA.

Cotton68spc
21 April 2018, 08:24
I've been seeing October '17 approvals now. March... wow. So hit and miss with NFA.

They are blaming FBI they say as soon as background gets back I’m good to go but can’t give me a time frame

Uffdaphil
15 May 2018, 12:45
Ordered a Recce 5 and Omega 9K from my LGS buddy late November. Check cashed a few days later. Should be approved in 4-6 weeks.

Ordered a second Omega 9K through Radian the same week. They messed up big time so long story short I just got this from Silencer Shop today - check was cashed on 5/15/2018. Guess who I won’t be a customer of in future?

alamo5000
15 May 2018, 16:05
Ordered a Recce 5 and Omega 9K from my LGS buddy late November. Check cashed a few days later. Should be approved in 4-6 weeks.

Ordered a second Omega 9K through Radian the same week. They messed up big time so long story short I just got this from Silencer Shop today - check was cashed on 5/15/2018. Guess who I won’t be a customer of in future?

WOW. Who screwed that up? Was it a SS goof up? Or did you go through a dealer on your own?

UWone77
15 May 2018, 17:15

I have heard some people complaining that Radian had oversold Omega 9K's during their sale.

Uffdaphil
15 May 2018, 17:29
I put it all on Radian. I paid them directly and they never responded to my FFL. Their facebook page had other angry customers in the same boat. After weeks of emails and phone messages I got a nice email from their executive accounts manager asking me to call her directly to fix the problem. Of course she never answered the phone or returned messages. After a couple more months they blamed the delay on moving to new quarters, but were filling late orders quickly.

On Feb 28 I get this email: “After some digging around I believe I discovered the issue. The suppressor is approved but the license number (the internal number assigned to the approved from 3 document on E-Forms) is assigned to the wrong form 3. So, essentially the form that is supposed to be yours is for another FFL dealer we are sending a silencer to. We spoke with the ATF about it, and they said they'd look into it. ” At least this guy kept me somewhat updated. Still took another two months for the can to arrive at my FFL.

I’m assuming there was a business crisis at Radian which took a while to overcome. It’s the lying to and ignoring the customer that I can’t stomach. And all these months they still had the 9K/Raptor bundle listed for sale online!

UWone77
15 May 2018, 17:50
I heard that Nick Booras is no longer at Radian.

Dstrbdmedic167
17 May 2018, 10:44
CMT PDW Lower filed via SS form 1 Service.

individual

11/14/17 - Filed
12/5/17 - "Check Cashed"
5/10/18 - Approved
5/17/18 - Received Stamp

Former11B
17 May 2018, 15:28
Griffin Optimus Micro
Approved: 5-Something-2018
In Hand: Picking it up Saturday 5-19-18

Individual Form 4

alamo5000
17 May 2018, 15:34
CMT PDW Lower filed via SS form 1 Service.

individual

11/14/17 - Filed
12/5/17 - "Check Cashed"
5/10/18 - Approved
5/17/18 - Received Stamp

Griffin Optimus Micro
Approved: 5-Something-2018
In Hand: Picking it up Saturday 5-19-18

Individual Form 4

Congratulations to both of you! Hope my Micro comes soon. Check was cashed mid December. Until then I would love to hear your impressions about it.

Former11B
17 May 2018, 16:08
Me and Medic might have the same examiner...NC & SC.

I have two friends who have checks cashed from the first week of October and my November date beat theirs [BD]

Dstrbdmedic167
17 May 2018, 18:04
Me and Medic might have the same examiner...NC & SC.

I have two friends who have checks cashed from the first week of October and my November date beat theirs [BD]

JHuff was my examiner. Now I'm jsut waiting on the 2 stamps for my sandman K and Wolf 9SD

UWone77
18 May 2018, 15:27
Form 1 Trust

Aero Precision M4E1 SBR
Submitted: 11/20/17
Check Cashed: 11/28/17
Pending:
Approved: 5/9/18
Arrived in the Mail: 5/17/18

gatordev
18 May 2018, 17:43
I got the same thing on my last F1 a few weeks ago. I guess that's what happens when "the internet" gets involved in a legal process.

BoilerUp
24 May 2018, 13:57
I finally had time to call the ATF and check the status of a Form 4 that was submitted in July 2017. Turns it it was approved a few months ago (February). My dealer, however, went out of business so it's a bit of a mess. Another shop has apparently been working with the local branch of the ATF to handle the distribution of the suppressors from the defunct shop, so I've got a note out to them as well as expecting a call back from the local ATF office, but it looks like I'll also need to send in for a duplicate Approved Form 4.

gatordev
24 May 2018, 14:10
F4 Trust:

Check cashed: 11/6/17
Approved: 4/30/18
**Mailed**: 5/3/18
Received: 5/23/18

Looks like there was a delay in getting a batch of forms out, so approval just under 6 months. Progress, I suppose.

Cotton68spc
27 May 2018, 06:43
2can 2personF4 Trust:

Check cashed: 3/17/17
Approved: 5/2318
**Mailed**: 5/23/18
Received: ?

Was stuck in FBI for 3 months dealer spent 2 days calling finally got a hold of somebody in FBI who had my background check already done !!!!!

Joelski
28 May 2018, 05:17
Wow! Grats on finally receiving it. You probably did forget about it. Insane.

Joelski
28 May 2018, 05:21
Wish we could make these examiners pay performance based. Quotas and pay per unit would speed things up a little.

gatordev
28 May 2018, 09:28
Wish we could make these examiners pay performance based. Quotas and pay per unit would speed things up a little.

Given the increase in hired contract examiners and that forms are being stamped on weekends, I don't think it's the examiners that are slowing things down. It's the overall process that bogs the system down.

UWone77
30 May 2018, 13:49
Form 4 Trust

Surefire SOCOM RC2 Mini Suppressor
Submitted: 11/16/17
Check Cashed: 11/21/17
Pending:
Approved: 5/7/18
Arrived in the Mail: 5/21/18

Uffdaphil
25 June 2018, 14:30
Griffin RECCE 5 and Omega 9K individual via kiosk

Submitted 11/28/17
Approved 6/19/18
Received 6/25/18

The Omega 9K/Raptor bundle I bought about the same time is still about six months out thanks to the widespread Radian screwup.

alamo5000
5 July 2018, 16:49
Griffin Optimus Micro

F4 Trust
Can purchased 12/8/2017
Check cashed 12/21/2017
Approved 6/28/2018
Picked up from dealer 7/5/2018

189 days from check cashing to approval.

Joelski
5 July 2018, 23:29
Griffin RECCE 5 and Omega 9K individual via kiosk

Submitted 11/28/17
Approved 6/19/18
Received 6/25/18

The Omega 9K/Raptor bundle I bought about the same time is still about six months out thanks to the widespread Radian screwup.What happened?

Uffdaphil
6 July 2018, 05:56
What happened?

This guy sums up my experience, except he is carping about a month’s delay. Mine was five months. Found this in reviews section. Seems to be big gaps in the FB timeline posts where others were waving pitchforks, but also a certainty dino Phil does not know how to navigate FB effectively.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/uffdaphil/BA6FB43E-58F4-44AB-9268-6AA7B05F3974.jpeg (http://s150.photobucket.com/user/uffdaphil/media/BA6FB43E-58F4-44AB-9268-6AA7B05F3974.jpeg.html)

Joelski
6 July 2018, 06:29
Gotcha, thanks!

BoilerUp
6 July 2018, 07:13
I finally had time to call the ATF and check the status of a Form 4 that was submitted in July 2017. Turns it it was approved a few months ago (February). My dealer, however, went out of business so it's a bit of a mess. Another shop has apparently been working with the local branch of the ATF to handle the distribution of the suppressors from the defunct shop, so I've got a note out to them as well as expecting a call back from the local ATF office, but it looks like I'll also need to send in for a duplicate Approved Form 4.

So, one year anniversary of ordering my Griffin Paladin. Just got off the phone with the NFA Branch in WV and they said they mailed my duplicate Form 4 on June 11th, but I never received it, so I just sent in another request for a duplicate. Can't catch a break on this one.

UWone77
17 July 2018, 00:32
Wasn't expecting these 2 today:

Form 1 Trust

Cross Machine Tool PDW SBR
Submitted: 03/12/18
Check Cashed: 03/20/18
Pending:
Approved: 7/10/18
Arrived in the Mail: 7/16/18

Cross Machine Tool SBR
Submitted: 03/12/18
Check Cashed: 03/20/18
Pending:
Approved: 7/10/18
Arrived in the Mail: 7/16/18

126 days door to door, under 120 if you don't count the time to mail it back. Not too shabby!

ksenter
20 July 2018, 19:23
paperwork and check mailed 07/18/18

transferring a Rifle Dynamics draco SBR which my pal had Jim and his team do some time back. Supposedly, was RD's first Draco build. LGS has build sheet and firearm at this time.

Pyzik
27 July 2018, 11:00
Form 1 Trust

Cross Machine Tool PDW SBR
Submitted: 03/20/18
Check Cashed: 04/20/18
Approved: ?
Arrived in the Mail: 7/23/18

gatordev
27 July 2018, 13:46
Form 1 Trust
Approved: ?

You know the approval date is right on your form. Smiles and stuff.

Pyzik
27 July 2018, 15:48
You know the approval date is right on your form. Smiles and stuff.Haha, I wasn't home. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BoilerUp
25 September 2018, 19:32
Yay, I finally have possession of my Griffin Paladin. What a cluster.

Purchased / submitted Form 4 from Silencer Shop via Priority One Firearms on 7/19/2017
Priority One goes out of business in November 2017
ATF approves Form 4 02/26/2018
03/19/2018 - I learn that Priority One went out of business
05/24/2018 - I request duplicate / certified approved Form 4 after I called the NFA branch to check status and learned it was approved in February
07/06/2018 - I send in another request for duplicate after a call to NFA branch suggest they sent duplicate in mid June but I never received it.
08/27/2018 - I send third request for a duplicate copy
09/06/2018 - Certified Copy of Form 4 received!
09/19/2018 - owner of defunct Priority One transfer suppressor to Olympic Cerakote
09/24/2018 - I finally take possession

A big thanks to Mike at Olympic Cerakote (who apparently does work for Rainier and Aero Precision, btw) for stepping in and helping out with the transfers. Looks like he's about to open his own storefront so I'll be watching for that as he's obviously a stand-up guy.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-wbhP7Pf/0/76b0ebc7/XL/i-wbhP7Pf-XL.jpg

UWone77
12 November 2018, 16:19
Form 4 Trust

AAC SR5 Suppressor

Rough time line since I lost my last batch of recorded mailings:

Submitted: ???
Check Cashed: 03-25-18
Pending:
Approved: 10-24-18
At Dealer: 11-09-18

213 Days from Check Cashed to Approved. Times getting slightly longer for Form 4's

BoilerUp
12 November 2018, 20:23
Form 4 Trust

AAC SR5 Suppressor

Rough time line since I lost my last batch of recorded mailings:

Submitted: ???
Check Cashed: 03-25-18
Pending:
Approved: 10-24-18
At Dealer: 11-09-18

213 Days from Check Cashed to Approved. Times getting slightly longer for Form 4's

I've got a Form 4 Trust submitted about the same time, so I'm hoping any day now...

Deadwing
5 December 2018, 10:12
SilencerCo Omega 9K
Form 4 Trust via Silencer Shop
Submitted: 11/26/18
Check Cashed: 12/5/18
Pending:
Approved:
Arrived:

SilencerCo Sparrow
Submitted: 11/27/18
Check Cashed: 12/6/18
Pending:
Approved:
Arrived:

Once Silencer Shop's Form 1 service is back online, i'll be filing a few Form 1s as well.

Joelski
5 December 2018, 13:55
I feel the need to get a stack of print cards done.

BoilerUp
5 December 2018, 16:40
Once Silencer Shop's Form 1 service is back online, i'll be filing a few Form 1s as well.

I got a call from SS yesterday. I had submitted an online Form 1 with them on 9/29, it took them a while to integrate with the ATF e-File system and they submitted on 11/19, but now the ATF is telling them that Transferree has to certify directly to the ATF so it will take a few weeks for SS to create a new link to accomplish that.

To balance out that bad news, I got "the call" yesterday from my dealer that Form 4 for my Rugged Oculus came in and I can pick it up. ATF processed payment for that on 4/17/2018.

fledge
5 December 2018, 17:31
I got a call from SS yesterday. I had submitted an online Form 1 with them on 9/29, it took them a while to integrate with the ATF e-File system and they submitted on 11/19, but now the ATF is telling them that Transferree has to certify directly to the ATF so it will take a few weeks for SS to create a new link to accomplish that.

To balance out that bad news, I got "the call" yesterday from my dealer that Form 4 for my Rugged Oculus came in and I can pick it up. ATF processed payment for that on 4/17/2018.

Keep us updated when SS is running these again. I wrote them and they said Monday that efile was down for now.

BoilerUp
5 December 2018, 17:47
Keep us updated when SS is running these again. I wrote them and they said Monday that efile was down for now.

Will do. To be clear, the ATF eFile is up and running, but SS's interface/integration to it isn't up to snuff for the ATF. Unless prints are a problem, I'd just go strait to the ATF e-File system, as horrible as it is.

Deadwing
6 December 2018, 09:45

Thanks for the information. I wonder how that will be accomplished. Electronic signature on the BATFE eForms site? DocuSign signatures like a Form 4 from SS?

Also, do you have your SSN on file with Silencer Shop? I'm reluctant to give them my SSN (i don't provide it on 4473s either), but when i spoke with SS last week regarding the Form 1 service they told me i would need to provide it if i wanted to have my Form 1 filed with eForms. I don't know why, as it wasn't required using eForms in the past (unless that has changed and BATFE now requires applicants to provide their SSN).

If getting paper fingerprints wasn't such a pain in the ass for me and my work schedule, i'd probably just efile on my own. But since i ponied up for the unlimited single shot trust deal from SS in anticipation of filing enough forms to make it worth while, it sure would be nice to take advantage of that (and having my fingerprints already on file with SS). Hopefully they get this sorted out and are able to keep the process simple.

BoilerUp
6 December 2018, 21:39
Thanks for the information. I wonder how that will be accomplished. Electronic signature on the BATFE eForms site? DocuSign signatures like a Form 4 from SS?

Also, do you have your SSN on file with Silencer Shop? I'm reluctant to give them my SSN (i don't provide it on 4473s either), but when i spoke with SS last week regarding the Form 1 service they told me i would need to provide it if i wanted to have my Form 1 filed with eForms. I don't know why, as it wasn't required using eForms in the past (unless that has changed and BATFE now requires applicants to provide their SSN).

If getting paper fingerprints wasn't such a pain in the ass for me and my work schedule, i'd probably just efile on my own. But since i ponied up for the unlimited single shot trust deal from SS in anticipation of filing enough forms to make it worth while, it sure would be nice to take advantage of that (and having my fingerprints already on file with SS). Hopefully they get this sorted out and are able to keep the process simple.

I've never given my SSN on any ATF documentation or to SS. I'll let you know if they ask for it to complete my Form 1 eFile.

Deadwing
7 December 2018, 03:53
I've never given my SSN on any ATF documentation or to SS. I'll let you know if they ask for it to complete my Form 1 eFile.

Right on, thanks.

Joelski
7 December 2018, 04:28
The stamp comes from the IRS; if they want it, they don't have to ask you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

UWone77
10 December 2018, 07:42
Finally submitted some EFile Form 1's.

Form 1 Trust

Rainier Arms 9mm SBR

Submitted: 12-09-18
Credit Card Charged: 12-09-18
Fingerprints Mailed: 12-10-18
Pending:
Approved:

Form 1 Trust

LMT MARS-L SBR

Pending:
Approved:

Also finally filled out some Form 4's on cans that have been sitting at Rainier for a couple of months.

Silencerco Saker K Threaded
Check Cashed: 12/06/18
Pending:
Approved:
Arrived in the Mail:

B&T CZ Scorpion Suppressor
Check Cashed: 12/06/18
Pending:
Approved:
Arrived in the Mail:

Joelski
10 December 2018, 15:33
Dude, how do you just "forget" you have paid-for cans awaiting your attention?

UWone77
10 December 2018, 16:03
Dude, how do you just "forget" you have paid-for cans awaiting your attention?

Heh, happens all the time. Right now I have 12 Aero Lowers at Rainier, keep forgetting to do paperwork. Maybe next week. [BD]

mustangfreek
10 December 2018, 17:39
Lol..

UWone77
30 January 2019, 20:15
2 eFile Form 1's.... 1-29-19, email from the examiner. You forgot to sign your responsible persons form. DOH.

BoilerUp
30 January 2019, 20:55
2 eFile Form 1's.... 1-29-19, email from the examiner. You forgot to sign your responsible persons form. DOH.

I guess that makes you not very responsible.

Deadwing
30 January 2019, 21:19

Stupid question: when must you fill, sign, and upload the RPQ? Is it only when filing with a trust? Or as an individual as well?

I'm getting ready to file a few Form 1s with eForms and was playing around with the forms getting the things pre-filled for when i get my finger print cards. When in whatever section (responsible persons?) of the form it is where it asks country of birth, residency, race, etc., and the photo is uploaded, the button for uploading the RPQ was greyed out and i couldn't add my scanned document. All of the information on the RPQ is entered in eForms already, which is making me wonder if the scanned/signed form is even necessary when submitting as an individual. I haven't tried filling one as a trust yet.

BoilerUp
30 January 2019, 21:39
Stupid question: when must you fill, sign, and upload the RPQ? Is it only when filing with a trust? Or as an individual as well?

I'm getting ready to file a few Form 1s with eForms and was playing around with the forms getting the things pre-filled for when i get my finger print cards. When in whatever section (responsible persons?) of the form it is where it asks country of birth, residency, race, etc., and the photo is uploaded, the button for uploading the RPQ was greyed out and i couldn't add my scanned document. All of the information on the RPQ is entered in eForms already, which is making me wonder if the scanned/signed form is even necessary when submitting as an individual. I haven't tried filling one as a trust yet.

the RPQ is for trusts

Deadwing
30 January 2019, 22:09
the RPQ is for trusts

Thanks, man. CLEO notification required for both trusts and individuals, correct?

BoilerUp
30 January 2019, 22:42
Thanks, man. CLEO notification required for both trusts and individuals, correct?

that's my understanding

UWone77
6 February 2019, 11:13
eFile Form 1 Trust

LMT MARS-L SBR

Pending:
Approved: 02-06-19

Not too bad, under 2 months even with the government shut down.

Joelski
6 February 2019, 14:40
Dang!

Of course, to them you're "That guy again". There's probably a rubber stamp with your name on it.

The most frequently researched thing at the NFA is "Who's got Rich's stamp?" [:D]

rxer311
6 February 2019, 14:55
Submitted 12/19/18. Approval via email today.

They emailed me a copy of the approved form with a "stamp." I am assuming I will get an original with a stamp.

Can I assemble my rifle with this form or do I have to wait for the original?

UWone77
6 February 2019, 15:12
You will not get an original ... the pdf file is it.

This thread will be merged with the transfer times thread in a bit.

rxer311
6 February 2019, 15:20
Thanks. I was not aware as this was my first e-file.

Uffdaphil
6 February 2019, 16:58
Somebody splain why my can has been in jail for nine months when others are approved in three.

UWone77
6 February 2019, 18:49
Dang!

Of course, to them you're "That guy again". There's probably a rubber stamp with your name on it.

The most frequently researched thing at the NFA is "Who's got Rich's stamp?" [:D]

Speaking of stamps, a few hours later... another approval...I think this is like #63? [:D]

EFile Form 1 Trust

Rainier Arms 9mm SBR

Pending:

UWone77
6 February 2019, 18:57
Somebody splain why my can has been in jail for nine months when others are approved in three.

eFile is just so much faster.

I've got 4 or 5 Form 4's pending and they're taking 10+ months it seems.

mustangfreek
7 February 2019, 00:03

Wow..

Show off [BD]

alamo5000
7 February 2019, 00:22

Wow..

Show off [BD]

He could buy a small car with just what he spent on stamps.

Pyzik
7 February 2019, 05:42
Speaking of stamps, a few hours later... another approval...I think this is like #63? [:D]

I wouldn't know personally, but not being poor sounds awesome. [BD]

Aragorn
7 February 2019, 09:29
So when I buy a suppressor later this year... E-file. Got it.

alamo5000
7 February 2019, 09:42

You can't do that. Not yet at least. EFile as far as I know is only for Form 1. That is the form for building rather than buying an already completed product (IE home made suppressor or SBR)

And if UWone can do 63 stamps you can do one bro!![BD]

alamo5000
7 February 2019, 11:04

I know what you mean man. Seriously.

mustangfreek
7 February 2019, 11:51

I lol’d at the..since someone was stalking with poor comments..lol

eFile Form 1 Trust

LMT MARS-L SBR

Pending:

Not too bad, under 2 months even with the government shut down.

In all honestly that’s really quick.

I so need to join the club..

Something someth[BD]ing poor...

UWone77
7 February 2019, 15:46

Unless you plan to build your own suppressor on a Form 1, you won't be able to do an efile Form 4.

BoilerUp
18 February 2019, 17:51

Well, I finally just heard from SS on the matter today via a notification to log into Docusign and sign my documents. I'm pretty sure I did this the first go around so I'm curious to see what happens now and how long this takes. As a reminder, this is for a Form 1 service originally purchased from SS on 9/30/2017. I did a direct eFile with the ATF for a different lower on 11/03/2017 that was back to me within 2 weeks, so this experience with SS has been a bit frustrating. Luckily, it hasn't adversely impacted my world domination plans.

gatordev
19 February 2019, 14:01
eForm 1 SBR
Submitted: 1/22/19
Approved: 2/19/19
Trust w/ 1 RP

Just under 30 days despite being submitted during the shutdown. Now to email the engraver the files...

Uffdaphil
19 February 2019, 14:26
Omega 9K purchased from Radian Black Friday 2017.
Six months for FFL to recieve suppressor
Filed SS Kiosk 5/15/18
Approved 2/12/19

Naytwan
19 February 2019, 14:31
I ordered a YHM Resonator over the weekend. I went to Bauer Precision to use the kiosk and the guys told me they were seeing 7 months on the dot but they haven't seen any stamps come in for a couple weeks now.

fledge
19 February 2019, 18:54
Omega 9K purchased from Radian Black Friday 2017.
Six months for FFL to recieve suppressor
Filed SS Kiosk 5/15/18
Approved 2/12/19

Finally!

Uffdaphil
19 February 2019, 20:00
I wouldn’t want to repeat the ordeal, but the 9K on this stubby 8.3” 300BLK is so much more visually pleasing than with the Recce7 it replaced.

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/uffdaphil/812D18FD-980B-47CF-9ACA-6B4A3C15DF63.jpeg (https://s150.photobucket.com/user/uffdaphil/media/812D18FD-980B-47CF-9ACA-6B4A3C15DF63.jpeg.html)

fledge
19 February 2019, 20:25
Well balanced. Looks great. I have one set up similarly.

Aragorn
19 February 2019, 22:34
I wouldn’t want to repeat the ordeal, but the 9K on this stubby 8.3” 300BLK is so much more visually pleasing than with the Recce7 it replaced.

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/uffdaphil/812D18FD-980B-47CF-9ACA-6B4A3C15DF63.jpeg (https://s150.photobucket.com/user/uffdaphil/media/812D18FD-980B-47CF-9ACA-6B4A3C15DF63.jpeg.html)

That's hot but damn, that wait..... Is that normal?

UWone77
20 February 2019, 04:02
That's hot but damn, that wait..... Is that normal?

This had to do with Radian selling a bunch of 9Ks that they really didn't have from what I recall. If you look on their FB feedback, they get pretty much destroyed on the CS from this time frame.

Aragorn
20 February 2019, 11:40
Well that’s good. Hoping to purchase my first can this year.

mustangfreek
20 February 2019, 23:59
Well that’s good. Hoping to purchase my first can this year.

Me too.

Made it a goal of mine to finally add a few NFA items..[:D]

I say this now..but just an few... .22 rimfire, 556 and something for 308 etc.

alamo5000
21 February 2019, 00:11
Me too.

Made it a goal of mine to finally add a few NFA items..[:D]

I say this now..but just an few... .22 rimfire, 556 and something for 308 etc.

It always starts with that first hit/toke/inhale... after that you won't be able to stop. Just sayin'. Fair warning. [BD]

WarEagle
21 February 2019, 13:54
Eform SBR Form 1
Submitted: Feb 2nd 2019
Approved Feb 21 2019
Individual

Eforms is still moving pretty fast

UWone77
21 February 2019, 14:32
Eform SBR Form 1
Submitted: Feb 2nd 2019
Approved Feb 21 2019
Individual

Eforms is still moving pretty fast

Wow... not too shabby. I'm finally going to submit my Form 1 for the Faux HK416 lower.

gatordev
22 February 2019, 06:19
Interesting. So in the span of 3 days, they went from 29 days down to 19 days. Nice.

mustangfreek
22 February 2019, 23:38
Damn that seems super quick..is that partially because he filed individual?

Be easy..I’m a newb and follow but don’t know the true ins and outs

gatordev
23 February 2019, 01:13
That probably helps. I filed with a trust but only had one Responsible Person. But I also had a week or so of the shutdown.

UWone77
11 March 2019, 16:52
eFile Form 1 Trust

Brownells BRN-4 SBR

Submitted: 02-22-18
Credit Card Charged: 02-22-18
Fingerprints Mailed: 02-26-18
Pending:
Approved: 03-11-19

Hard to complain about 17 day approvals!

Jerry R
11 March 2019, 18:35
17 days? Are there a couple of typos there?

mustangfreek
12 March 2019, 04:07
Wow...

Naytwan
27 March 2019, 08:51
I just got off the phone with the ATF, just checking to see if they have my form 4 in the system yet. They said I'm in as of 3/13 and they are running 9 months. I know they cant give an exact time but it is what it is.

alamo5000
27 March 2019, 10:12
I just got off the phone with the ATF, just checking to see if they have my form 4 in the system yet. They said I'm in as of 3/13 and they are running 9 months. I know they cant give an exact time but it is what it is.

The last time I called the ATF the girl on the phone was pretty snarky, didn't even look in the computer and said 'it's pending with no ETA, what else do you want?'. As soon as I hung up, my dealer had called while I was on the line and left a voicemail to come pick up my can. LOL

Naytwan
27 March 2019, 10:22
The last time I called the ATF the girl on the phone was pretty snarky, didn't even look in the computer and said 'it's pending with no ETA, what else do you want?'. As soon as I hung up, my dealer had called while I was on the line and left a voicemail to come pick up my can. LOL

Ive called a couple times just to see if things were in the system and yeah, they were kinda meh. This lady was cool.

BoilerUp
27 March 2019, 20:07

Show me on the doll where the Federal Government touched you....

alamo5000
27 March 2019, 23:25
Show me on the doll where the Federal Government touched you....

It was in the wallet area.

mustangfreek
28 March 2019, 02:23
Haha...good reply in both sense...haha

BoilerUp
3 April 2019, 21:32

Form 1 Submission to SS on 9/29/2018
SS re-submission to ATF via updated e-File interface on 3/6/2019
Approved Form received electronically from SS on 4/3/2019

SS also sent me an "eForm 1 Survivor" SWAG pack and store credit in February, so I applaud their customer service as they actually lost money on this.

alamo5000
3 April 2019, 22:15
Form 1 Submission to SS on 9/29/2018
SS re-submission to ATF via updated e-File interface on 3/6/2019
Approved Form received electronically from SS on 4/3/2019

SS also sent me an "eForm 1 Survivor" SWAG pack and store credit in February, so I applaud their customer service as they actually lost money on this.

I was going to go through SS to form 1 my lower. Are they GTG now? Apparently they had a major screw up but you did get yours approved right?

If it's going to be a nightmare I will just pay the $30 bucks for the finger print cards from them to keep from having to haul people around to get prints and just submit myself.

BoilerUp
4 April 2019, 07:03
I was going to go through SS to form 1 my lower. Are they GTG now? Apparently they had a major screw up but you did get yours approved right?

If it's going to be a nightmare I will just pay the $30 bucks for the finger print cards from them to keep from having to haul people around to get prints and just submit myself.

They should be GTG now. They basically handle the e-File for you, but you will still have to log in to eFile and submit a digital signature in the ATF's system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1pnCVjeMI4&feature=youtu.be

UWone77
4 April 2019, 07:58
Submitted 2 Form 1's (Aero M5 .308 SBR/another BRN-4 SBR) on 4/2, mailed the prints off yesterday 4/3. We'll see how long this round takes.

alamo5000
4 April 2019, 08:50
They should be GTG now. They basically handle the e-File for you, but you will still have to log in to eFile and submit a digital signature in the ATF's system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1pnCVjeMI4&feature=youtu.be

Well that sucks. If I have to create another login for my dad and use that POS system from the govt I might as well just do it all on my own.

gatordev
4 April 2019, 14:35
Well that sucks. If I have to create another login for my dad and use that POS system from the govt I might as well just do it all on my own.

I thought the benefit of the SS was they were the keeper of prints? Otherwise, I have never understood paying more to do something that I can do for less.

UWone77
4 April 2019, 14:40
I thought the benefit of the SS was they were the keeper of prints? Otherwise, I have never understood paying more to do something that I can do for less.

Same here.

After I got another round of prints, it literally took me less than 20 minutes to fill out 2 Form 1's.

alamo5000
4 April 2019, 17:11

We are on the same page. I have to weigh my options here about how big of a pain in the ass it will be to get prints and all that crap.

SS has them on file for everyone but they charge me $30 to get em.

A form 4 I can just sign from the email link they send. If I have to get others on the trust all set up with the ATF that's going to be a pain.

BoilerUp
4 April 2019, 17:50

Actually, SS creates an e-File account for you and enters all the data. You basically just follow the instructions to log-in and digitally sign. That's the only time you have to interface with the e-file system and the video above makes it pretty quick and easy to follow.

I spent quite a bit of time on the e-File I did on my own as I had to break my scan for my Trust up into multiple files that were under the file size limit. However, now that that's done and since I still have a few sets of prints on hand, it would be easiest for me to do my next one directly. However, SS does greatly simplify the process to include getting your prints mailed in.

UWone77
11 April 2019, 11:08
Submitted 2 Form 1's (Aero M5 .308 SBR/another BRN-4 SBR) on 4/2, mailed the prints off yesterday 4/3. We'll see how long this round takes.

2 Submitted on 4/2
Prints Mailed 4/3
Prints Received 4/5
Approved 4/11

New personal best. 9 days.

Joelski
11 April 2019, 11:36
Trust?

UWone77
11 April 2019, 11:43
Trust?

Yes

mustangfreek
11 April 2019, 14:04
2 Submitted on 4/2
Prints Mailed 4/3
Prints Received 4/5
Approved 4/11

New personal best. 9 days.

Holy shit...only 9 days..

Joelski
7 May 2019, 16:51
Good news for UWOne and probably nobody else on a cop's salary. [:D]

NFA INDUSTRY NEWS
There is a new trend at the NFA branch that benefits everybody! Customers who submit 10 or more forms over a period of time are seeing all forms approved at once. Basically, if the NFA branch is reviewing the first form you submitted and is aware you have multiple forms pending, they'll approve all pending forms with the first one. Our latest customer who benefited from this received approvals all at once for forms submitted between June 2018 and March 2019. This is great news for everybody as it frees up time to process more forms.

gatordev
7 May 2019, 18:30
That's great...I guess. But it still doesn't help with having to submit the same damn thing with no changes, multiple times. I just submitted another eForm1 and mailed off my prints today. No surprise that those prints are the same prints I had made back in January when I submitted my last eForm 1.

And in case anyone is keeping track, the eForm1 I submitted in January was my last one I planned to submit. That is until this last one. How convenient that I happened to have another set of prints handy...

UWone77
7 May 2019, 19:07
That's great...I guess. But it still doesn't help with having to submit the same damn thing with no changes, multiple times. I just submitted another eForm1 and mailed off my prints today. No surprise that those prints are the same prints I had made back in January when I submitted my last eForm 1.

And in case anyone is keeping track, the eForm1 I submitted in January was my last one I planned to submit. That is until this last one. How convenient that I happened to have another set of prints handy...

Man you nailed it. So irritating to send in multiple prints for stamps that are submitted weeks or months apart.

UWone77
7 May 2019, 19:07
Good news for UWOne and probably nobody else on a cop's salary. [:D]

I barely have anything... you should feel bad for me...

mustangfreek
9 May 2019, 00:20
Lol..

Ya..[:D][crazy]

Deadwing
9 May 2019, 00:40
Man you nailed it. So irritating to send in multiple prints for stamps that are submitted weeks or months apart.

Irritating that one should have to send multiple sets of prints at all. No reason they couldn't file the fucking things and pull them when a new form is submitted. No reason except it's a government operation.

And why 10 or more forms? Why not process any multiple submissions together?

gatordev
30 May 2019, 18:54
eForm 1:

Submitted: 5/7
Finger prints received: 5/9
Approved: 5/30

Slowed down some with the glut, but that's still fairly quick.

UWone77
31 May 2019, 05:20
eForm 1:

Submitted: 5/7
Finger prints received: 5/9
Approved: 5/30

Slowed down some with the glut, but that's still fairly quick.

Funny, a buddy of mine had his approved in 23 days as well. Times aren't 9 days like in April, but still pretty damn good.

Also apparently while I was at Rainier Arms last week, the rumor they're approving all the stamps you have in the system if you have one approved.... I guess has some legitimacy. A customer had 9 others in the hopper, submitted at various times after the first one was sent in. They approved all 10 at the same time.

Hoping the 6 Form 4's I have currently outstanding come back soon. Over 390+ days on the oldest one now.

gatordev
31 May 2019, 05:48
A customer had 9 others in the hopper, submitted at various times after the first one was sent in. They approved all 10 at the same time.

That would make a lot of sense, assuming they had a system that would allow them to find all the applications. Since things have been barcoded for some years, I'm guessing they can query the system pretty easily (like when you call). I'd be curious to know if the back-end of eFile for agency use is as problematic for the examiners as the front end is for us. I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

UWone77
7 June 2019, 16:23
Form 4 Trust

Bushmaster ACR SBR

Submitted: 5/5/18
Check Cashed: 5/12/18
Approved: 5/25/19
At Dealer 6/6/19

397 days from mailing to dealer. Ugh.

fledge
7 June 2019, 17:39
I read that too fast. Figured it was a fast turnaround until I noticed 2018. Painful. Did you even remember you bought it?

BoilerUp
7 June 2019, 18:50
Yikes. That's disappointing.

BoilerUp
13 June 2019, 21:41
Form 1 e-File as Trust submitted on 5/23. Received email approval on 6/13

alamo5000
23 June 2019, 10:31
e-filed a form 1 under a Trust on June 1 (a Saturday evening)

Prints were received I think the 5th or 6th of June per the tracking number.

Today on Sunday the 23rd of June I got an approval email with my stamp attached.

21 days total time from submission to day of receipt. (I submitted on a Saturday evening so I am not counting that as a day).

fledge
23 June 2019, 11:29
They processed your form 10x faster than it took you to fill it out! Or something like that. ;)

UWone77
23 June 2019, 11:35
They processed your form 10x faster than it took you to fill it out! Or something like that. ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

alamo5000
23 June 2019, 16:24

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

That was a pretty good one. LOL

I spent 95% of the time dicking around waiting for Silencer Shop and taking care of other more pressing issues.

The rest of the time was spent buying finger print cards, waiting around a jail for a half a day, rounding up all the people I needed to take to the jail house with me etc.

That was almost a month right there getting everyone's finger print cards done.

mustangfreek
25 June 2019, 01:40
Lol

Sak007
27 August 2019, 23:03
Form 3's are moving fast , hopefully that trickles into form 4's

UWone77
21 September 2019, 10:24
Form 1 Trust efiles:

2 Submitted 8-06-19
Approved 09-16-19; 09-18-19

One was kicked back because I neglected to upload my photo on one. Approved 2 days later once I rectified it.

On a side note, I wanted to see if I could get away with sending just 2 print cards for 2 applications. I've been reading where people have submitted multiple Form 1's, but only included 1 set of prints for all of them and were getting approved without issue. Other than the photo upload, I was able to get both forms approved with 1 set. In case any of you want to save some print cards...

UWone77
5 November 2019, 10:45
Form 4 Trust

B&T CZ Scorpion Suppressor
Silencer Saker K Threaded

Submitted 11-10-18
Approved 10-25-19
Received at Dealer 11-04-19

Almost a year.... but this is the first time I have nothing pending since probably 2012. Glad to see other people are getting Form 4 approvals in 3-4 months. Hope that trend keeps up.

Deadwing
6 November 2019, 21:10
Almost exactly 3 weeks shy of a year door to door...

SilencerCo Omega 9K
Check Cashed: 12/5/18
Pending:
Approved:10/25/19
At Dealer:11/4/19

Deadwing
12 December 2019, 22:24
SilencerCo Sparrow
Submitted: 11/21/18
Check Cashed: 12/6/18
Approved:11/20/19
At Dealer:12/2/19

Well, that was painful.

UWone77
13 December 2019, 18:59
Got 2 efiled Form 1's back this morning.

Total time 35 days.

Naytwan
26 December 2019, 10:20
YHM Resonator
Submitted: 02/15/2019
Check Cashed: 3/12/2019
Approved:12/19/19
At Dealer: 12/26/2019

UWone77
20 January 2020, 12:08
B&T APC9K and TP9 Form 1 SBR's

eFiled:
Submitted: 12/4/2019
Prints Mailed 12/5/2019
Approved 01/16/2020

Slightly longer wait time efiled than the start of last year... but still take a 43 day wait time.

Side note, again only sent 2 print cards for both applications and did not get a kick back or request for 2 more cards.

Deadwing
20 January 2020, 18:54
B&T APC9K and TP9 Form 1 SBR's

eFiled:
Submitted: 12/4/2019
Prints Mailed 12/5/2019
Approved 01/16/2020

Slightly longer wait time efiled than the start of last year... but still take a 43 day wait time.

Side note, again only sent 2 print cards for both applications and did not get a kick back or request for 2 more cards.

Are you still getting away with submitting only one set of prints with multiple Form 1s/cover sheets? I've got a more Form 1s to submit than fingerprint cards.

BoilerUp
20 January 2020, 20:04
anyone heard anything new regarding eFile for suppressors?

tappedandtagged
25 January 2020, 19:31
Form 1 - 50 E-File trust for SBS, Benelli M1S90

Submitted Dec. 18th
Form 23 mailed next day.
Form 1 Approved Jan. 25th

50 days

UWone77
4 February 2020, 18:44
Are you still getting away with submitting only one set of prints with multiple Form 1s/cover sheets? I've got a more Form 1s to submit than fingerprint cards.

Correct. This last one also had an upload error, and the ATF examiner never asked about or for another set of prints.

UWone77
14 February 2020, 18:48
First Form 4's of 2020

AEM5 Suppressor
Submitted 01-27-2020
Check Cashed 02-03-2020
Pending.....

Surefire SOCOM Mini
Submitted 01-27-2020
Check Cashed 02-03-2020
Pending....

AAC Mini4
Submitted 02-14-2020

gatordev
14 February 2020, 19:58
I got an update from the range owner (and FFL) that I go to. He said he spent an hour with the ATF at SHOT discussing eForm 4s. Bottom line was that the single-biggest holdup is the background check, and now that's coupled with where the checks go. Once the checks arrive, the forms sit until there's enough of them and they get sent in bulk to WV for processing.

Despite the eForm 4 existing in beta, apparently they have had some issues with it, coupled with trying to make the form idiot proof so the end-user can't make an error which then holds up the process. The best guess from the ATF person was at least 6 months. We shall see.

The discussion apparently also confirmed that the eForms are so much faster because there isn't any data-entry, where has paper forms have to have the data manually entered into the system.

Lots of frustrating data points, and it's clear the NFA branch processors aren't happy with the process either, but at least it was an update.

Deadwing
15 February 2020, 23:21
Correct. This last one also had an upload error, and the ATF examiner never asked about or for another set of prints.

Good news, thanks for the info.

Former11B
26 February 2020, 13:13
Double

Former11B
26 February 2020, 13:15
AAC MINI-4
Individual F4
Check Cashed/pending: 6/7/2019
Approved: 2/19/20
In Hand: 2/27/20

fairlanericky
10 March 2020, 11:57
Aero 300BLK SBR

E File Form 1 Trust

Filed/paid 02-06-20

Fingerprint cards sent 02-07-20

Approved 03-10-20

32 days [:D]

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48500620177_2f1a170aa1_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2gTQmDg)2019-08-09_09-14-37 (https://flic.kr/p/2gTQmDg) by fairlanericky (https://www.flickr.com/photos/68299336@N06/), on Flickr

UWone77
10 March 2020, 14:00
Samson still in business? [:D]

Nice dude... 32 days is very reasonable as well.

fairlanericky
10 March 2020, 15:50
Samson still in business? [:D]

Nice dude... 32 days is very reasonable as well.

Thanks UW, that's the stock and grip I got from you a while back. Just needs an optic now.

I think Samson is still viable...I picked up 4 Keymod rails when they were on sale for $30 each.

Ric

UWone77
17 March 2020, 22:31
YHM Resonator
Submitted: 02/15/2019
Check Cashed: 3/12/2019
Approved:12/19/19
At Dealer: 12/26/2019

mustangfreek you should ask Naytwan about his Resonator.... looks like he just got one approved a few months back.

mustangfreek
18 March 2020, 00:03
Haha...I seen that also and was hoping he’d chime in my thread.....

Crickets.....naytwan.....[BD]

Former11B
1 April 2020, 11:22
First Form 4's of 2020

AEM5 Suppressor
Submitted 01-27-2020
Check Cashed 02-03-2020
Pending.....

Surefire SOCOM Mini
Submitted 01-27-2020
Check Cashed 02-03-2020
Pending....

AAC Mini4
Submitted 02-14-2020

Building a Mk12?

Naytwan
3 April 2020, 10:38
SBR
Form 1 Trust Efile
Submitted: 03/13/2020
Prints received : 03/23/2020
Approved:04/03/2020

21 days

So now I need to get the lower engraved right?

Naytwan
3 April 2020, 10:41
Haha...I seen that also and was hoping he’d chime in my thread.....

Crickets.....naytwan.....[BD]

Sorry man, hadn't been on in a while. I did finally respond. lol

Uffdaphil
3 April 2020, 16:45
Griffin Armament EXPLORR EX2 5.56.

Submitted via kiosk 8/3/19
Approved 4/3/20

alamo5000
3 April 2020, 19:40

Approved 4/3/20

7 months ain't half bad as it could have been. I am considering picking up a few more soon myself. We shall see.

BoilerUp
3 April 2020, 19:46

Approved 4/3/20

That's encouraging. I dropped a Form 4 within a week or so of that.

Former11B
9 April 2020, 20:44

Approved 4/3/20

Dang, my coworker has been pending since late June 2019. He submitted his two weeks after I sent in my Mini4 forms...got my stamp two months ago

I want an EXPLORR, can’t wait to see how you like it

mustangfreek
7 May 2020, 23:41
First Can/NFA purchase YHM Resonator 2 7.62 can

Silencer shop (kiosk, makes it really easy)
Individual

Back ordered - 3/20
Got the call - 4/10
Submitted - 4/17
Check cashed - 4/23

Here’s hoping my first is quick...[BD][:D]

Joelski
8 May 2020, 04:36
First Can/NFA purchase

Silencer shop (kiosk, makes it really easy)
Individual

Back ordered - 3/20
Got the call - 4/10
Submitted - 4/17
Check cashed - 4/23

Here’s hoping my first is quick...[BD][:D]Next step is to completely forget you did this. That way when you you get the call to come get ya sheeit, its best Christmas/birthday/first rollwiththehoohah ever level of a good day.

Also, see how many SBR's you can get approved during the time it takes to get your can.

UWone77
8 May 2020, 06:05
Next step is to completely forget you did this. That way when you you get the call to come get ya sheeit, its best Christmas/birthday/first rollwiththehoohah ever level of a good day.

Also, see how many SBR's you can get approved during the time it takes to get your can.

This is the best advice right here. It's your first, so you likely will be obsessing over it. When it gets approved, it'll be so long, it's like it was free, because you forgot you already paid for it.

Welcome to the club! The NFA game gets to be a collection in itself.

mustangfreek
8 May 2020, 16:24
Thanks guys..ya the wait for the first one is probably the worst.

Former11B
15 May 2020, 07:55
Anyone seeing long wait times on Form 4s between approved and when the stamp arrives?

Had a couple friends wait 37 and 40 days respectively for the stamps to show up after approval

mustangfreek
15 May 2020, 15:48
Everywhere I read..stamp times seem to be getting longer...bummer

JGifford
19 May 2020, 00:39
10 months at present is what the BATFE is quoting.

Deadwing
29 May 2020, 02:26
Anyone seeing long wait times on Form 4s between approved and when the stamp arrives?

Had a couple friends wait 37 and 40 days respectively for the stamps to show up after approval

My most recent stamp took 34 days from approval to being received at my dealer.