PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Times

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

tappedandtagged
28 March 2014, 11:28
I just called to check on my silencer transfer and spoke with Victoria at the ATF. Was told it was filed via the e-forms (I knew that much) and it went pending Dec 16 and it should be approved some time in April. This is my first experience with the ATF. Does anyone with more experience know if Victoria's information on the time frame is correct? Or should I hope it gets approved in April while at the same time expect to see it in August??

Trying not to get my hopes up, but I really really want this thing to shoot pigs with before summer rolls around. Especially since I'm expecting my second child this summer.

gatordev
28 March 2014, 15:13
I'd go here: www.nfatracker.com

It's not written in stone, but it's based off data as it comes in. I watched my stamp time move on that site, and by the time I got several of my stamps, it was in line with what they were predicting. If you're early in the process, the data is only so reliable, but it still gives you a snap shot of what's going on.

I have a Form 1 e-File that started out as a March 14 return and has now slipped to May. I had a Form 4 that was fairly accurate post-Newtown and was received about when they were predicting, so it's not a bad place to check into every so often.

UWone77
28 March 2014, 19:05
Last 2 Cans was 307 and 310 day waits.

I've got 5 or 6 stamps in various stages of waiting right now. I finally e-filed one and it looks like a 120 day wait on that. Anything is better than this 11-12 month game however. It never ends.

tappedandtagged
29 March 2014, 15:42
UWone77, how many days after it went pending? ATF told me basically to expect ~4 months from the pending date. From my understanding the e-file only takes time off from clerical data entry/checking of prints etc and after it went pending, its basically all the same time frame.

tappedandtagged
29 March 2014, 15:53
Put my info into nfatracker.com. It shows a 75.4% chance I'll have it by the end of April, 99.47% chance I'll have it by the end of May and 100% chance by the end of June. Pretty cool feature.

I also see my dealer lied to me about when he e-filed it. He told me he e-filed on Dec. 2nd but it didn't go pending g u til Dec 16, everyone else on nfatracker shows the submitted and pending g date to be the same. Oh well. Crying over spilled milk at this point in the wait.

UWone77
29 March 2014, 20:49
Never checked when mine go pending. I just figure it'll get here, when it gets here.

GOST
29 March 2014, 21:03
That's the same outlook I have.

baboon
30 March 2014, 02:38
Never checked when mine go pending. I just figure it'll get here, when it gets here.

I've known 2 instances where checks have been cashed & when they guys figured they should be getting their stamp they find their paper work has disappeared. Checking status in my mind only confirmed it's made to where the examiners are.

My most recent form 4 went pending end of February, with December being when to expect the stamp.

tappedandtagged
30 March 2014, 21:38
10 months from the time it went pending is the time frame they gave you! Wow. That's a lot different than the 4 month time frame they gave me.

UWone77
31 March 2014, 00:47
I've known 2 instances where checks have been cashed & when they guys figured they should be getting their stamp they find their paper work has disappeared. Checking status in my mind only confirmed it's made to where the examiners are.

My most recent form 4 went pending end of February, with December being when to expect the stamp.

Well that wouldn't surprise me either based on the sheer number of applications they get. I probably have close to 20 stamps approved or in the process and have never heard of anyone having issues (not that I doubt it happens) so don't jinx me is what I'm saying :) I'm hoping the efile system cuts down on these type of issues.

LMMzach
31 March 2014, 07:09
I heard that the ATF was starting to file them electronically or something now so turn around times should be a lot faster? I do not know if there is any truth to this just something I heard from a fellow at the gun shop.

Got my form all filled out for my first sbr build just haven't got around to making the money order and send it out yet.

gatordev
31 March 2014, 14:16
I heard that the ATF was starting to file them electronically or something now so turn around times should be a lot faster? I do not know if there is any truth to this just something I heard from a fellow at the gun shop.

Got my form all filled out for my first sbr build just haven't got around to making the money order and send it out yet.

That's the "e-File" we're talking about. So far, it has been faster, and it apparently gets head of the line privileges over paper applications, but as UWone said, the sheer number of apps is starting to push the e-File times to the right now, as well.

Sak007
16 April 2014, 20:50
Mine went in 3/5/14 e-filed out of Cascade Armory and I just was sent paperwork for a Saker 7.62 so the waits begin.

tappedandtagged
5 May 2014, 13:30
I called ATF again today. Talked to Damien. He told me they are currently taking 6 months from the pending date. I also asked if they had hired more examiners. He said "Not yet, but they are trying to." Who knows how long it'll take for our fine Federal Government to actually get around to hiring.

Computalotapus
5 May 2014, 18:50
debating on getting a suppressor for the rifles and maybe a can to share between the pistols. The biggest thing stopping me is I hate buying something and not getting to use it right when I purchase it... dropping $200 per stamp + the cost of 2 suppressors. No matter how you look at it that is a chunk of change that goes out the door with no quick reward to it.

baboon
6 May 2014, 07:15
Stamp collecting is all about being patient . My current form 4 has increased in value & I still do not posses it.

zarmbie_killer
7 May 2014, 20:05
debating on getting a suppressor for the rifles and maybe a can to share between the pistols. The biggest thing stopping me is I hate buying something and not getting to use it right when I purchase it... dropping $200 per stamp + the cost of 2 suppressors. No matter how you look at it that is a chunk of change that goes out the door with no quick reward to it.

The wait is so aggravating, I sometimes pay more just to have something in my hands that day! I'm waiting on two suppressors and I just try not to think about them.

UWone77
7 May 2014, 20:09
The wait is so aggravating, I sometimes pay more just to have something in my hands that day! I'm waiting on to suppressors and I just try not to think about them.

Basically that's the best attitude you can have. Fill out the paperwork/pay the money and forget about it. A year later suddenly it seems like it's a free suppressor, since you waited so long for it!

Glad to hear wait times are coming down though. I forget how many Form 4's I have in various stages of submission.

gatordev
9 May 2014, 17:17
eForm submitted 12/13/13 for SBR Form 1. Received today. Just need to figure out how to print a color version to put in the safe so I don't just have it electronically. Although at this point, I'm not really sure it matters.

tappedandtagged
15 May 2014, 13:29
Well I should just be a week or so behind you!! Mine was submitted/pending Dec. 16!! (E-filed as well).

tappedandtagged
15 May 2014, 13:31
Just called. Mine was approved May 10!!!

gatordev
16 May 2014, 12:07
You might want to check your spam folder, then. Mine was approved the same day it was emailed directly to me. Kind of weird, but whatever. I also didn't have the normal examiner signing it, instead it's (I think) Dana Pickles. I checked on NFA Tracker and it looks like he's approved some other FL stamps recently, as well.

tappedandtagged
17 May 2014, 15:16
My SOT emailed me a copy of the Form 4 with the stamp. Its signed Nikki Dudash. I updated NFAtracker.com so that it'll hopefully help some other poor fool out there waiting.

I was able to get with him and pick it up on Friday. He works nights and running a class 3 shop out of his garage is just a hobby (so he can play basically). I think he does enough business just to cover his cost of operations. Of course I immediately took it to the range! Oh what fun.

UWone77
17 May 2014, 17:56
I see a lot of people are starting to report 6-7 month wait times. I guess the NFA branch hired 12 additional examiners. No word on when they're going to hit the "street" though.

tappedandtagged
18 May 2014, 00:35
I see a lot of people are starting to report 6-7 month wait times. I guess the NFA branch hired 12 additional examiners. No word on when they're going to hit the "street" though.

I asked Damon (I think it was Damon I talked to at least) about that when I called about 2-3 weeks ago. He told me that they got approval to hire more examiners, but none had been added yet. I asked when they would be and he just chuckled and said " Soon I hope."

gatordev
18 May 2014, 12:53
My SOT emailed me a copy of the Form 4 with the stamp. Its signed Nikki Dudash. I updated NFAtracker.com so that it'll hopefully help some other poor fool out there waiting.

I was able to get with him and pick it up on Friday. He works nights and running a class 3 shop out of his garage is just a hobby (so he can play basically). I think he does enough business just to cover his cost of operations. Of course I immediately took it to the range! Oh what fun.

D'oh! I could have sworn you were waiting on a Form 1. I understand now. Disregard my post, then.

tappedandtagged
18 May 2014, 16:37
D'oh! I could have sworn you were waiting on a Form 1. I understand now. Disregard my post, then.

I'm contemplating a form 1 to SBR my rifle. But I live in a Tri State area, so I'm so sure if I want to deal with that headache for a toy. Especially when. I can just wait a tad and see if I can get issued one at work.

KevinBLC
18 May 2014, 16:59
Stamp collecting is all about being patient . My current form 4 has increased in value & I still do not posses it.

What increases in value? Full Auto?

baboon
20 May 2014, 08:29
Machine guns, H&K SBR's & sear ready guns, RDIAS, Lightning Links as are a few other items are great investments.

gatordev
20 May 2014, 13:38
Machine guns, H&K SBR's & sear ready guns, RDIAS, Lightning Links as are a few other items are great investments.

Probably worthy of another thread, but... I did a fair amount of reading and Googling about how effective it was to "invest" in a Colt select-fire lower and pretty much everything I came across said it wasn't worth an investment. It can certainly be worth the fun and/or collectable-worthy values, but that in the long run, a machine gun (even a Colt) doesn't out-pace inflation enough, especially when such a thing isn't an immediately liquid asset.

Do you have any data that says otherwise? I ask because there's still a part in the back of my brain that thinks it's worthy of continued research. Plus I have a lot of 7n6 I could "expend" with one...

baboon
21 May 2014, 04:57
http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/machine_guns.html

gatordev
21 May 2014, 11:54
http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/machine_guns.html

I'm familiar, but it kind of proves my point. For investment, now is not the time. But over the long term, even a Colt RR has been relatively flat for a period of time. It's like idiots trying to day trade that don't do it for a living. The stock market can be very lucrative, but you have to look at it long term, not short.

On the other side of the coin, there's always the question of "should I get it anyway because I might not have another opportunity?" And that's a fair question, too. If the trust issue with the ATF evaporates (which I'm guessing will happen), I'd bet the market will flatten for a bit. Probably not go down much, but probably flatten. In the meantime, I'm continuing to watch...but if I were to grab one now, I'd be lying to myself if I said it was for investment purposes.

baboon
22 May 2014, 16:05
I hate to believe it's my last transfer. Was thinking about a M203. Got to play with one last weekend & now have mixed feeling about it. Guy I'm buying my commando from is looking @ the M79. Said I would buy his used 203.

MoxyDave
23 May 2014, 12:08
I've been toying with the idea of buying an M16 lower for a long time. Still can't justify the cost, as it's not liquid enough to be a good investment with all the NFA nonsense horeshit ...

Still, I would love to be able to play with full auto whenever I like. I have a friend with an M16 and I've shot it several times with my uppers. With a mid-length and a Battle Comp, there is little to no muzzle rise and bursts stay right on target. Soooo fun!

Maybe I'll just pick up a registered auto sear? Sounds stupid but if it works who cares right?

gatordev
23 May 2014, 14:27
Maybe I'll just pick up a registered auto sear? Sounds stupid but if it works who cares right?

baboon may be more read in on this, but from the little bit of research I've done, it seems a LL or sear is even more of a unicorn than a lower receiver. If you look on the site that baboon posted, you can see that the last year or two, on a good month, only about 5 Lightning Links or sears are transferred, compared to an average of 30+/month for just Colt receivers. Add in other conversions, and the number goes up some more.

I still haven't convinced myself that it's worth the expense, but continue to watch. But again, with the several cases of 7n6 I have, it's tempting.

baboon
23 May 2014, 14:49
LL will work in both 5.56 lower & the 7.62 variety. RDIAS only fir the smaller sized lowers.

I'm very happy with the way my register M16A2 works. Got to shoot it over last weekend. Both the Colt CQB upper & my LMT piston upper ran like scaled dawgs! Ran my Quicksilver suppressor on the LMT without any problems as well.

UWone77
24 June 2014, 10:58
I'm sure some of you have received this e-mail from the ATF. Looks like they're making some progress at the NFA branch processing paperwork.

Good afternoon:

We are pleased to announce the following updates to the eForms system:

1. Performance enhancements – We were able to address some of the technical issues. You will see improvements in the overall performance of the system.

2. We are able to add the ATF Form 1 back to the eForms system. Our plans are to closely monitor the performance of the system in order to determine if we will be able to add additional forms back to the system.

Below is an update on the status on our processing of paper and electronic NFA applications. In the future, this information will be available through links on the eForms login screen:

In follow-up to ATF’s letter dated April 16, 2014, regarding the status of the eForms system; this update is being provided to inform the industry of ATF’s progress in addressing eForms and paper NFA applications. To accommodate the substantial increase in application volume that has recently occurred, ATF is working diligently to decrease processing times while continuing to enhance the eForms platform.

What is our progress to date?

From a peak of over 81,000 pending NFA applications at the end of February 2014, as of June 18, 2014, ATF has reduced the number to less than 63,000 applications pending (23% reduction in pending applications). In the last four weeks, although the NFA Branch received over 17,800 applications we processed more than 22,400 applications.

The statistics in the table below represent the processing of NFA Forms over the past four weeks.

NFA FORMS PROCESSED BY WEEK

Date (Week of) 5/28/2014 6/4/2014 6/11/2014 6/18/2014

All Forms 4,815 5,629 5,635 6,323

eForms 1,199 1,204 1,905 1,682

Paper Forms 3,616 4,425 3,730 4,641

At the same time, ATF has directed additional resources to NFA application processing:

· There are currently 15 Legal Instrument Examiner (LIE) applicants currently in the background investigation phase of hiring.

· The use of overtime funding has been authorized for those employees processing NFA applications.

· ATF has cross-trained LIEs from various other ATF branches to support NFA application processing. This is an ongoing process and has already beneficially impacted application processing.

· ATF has dedicated additional data entry contract resources to reduce the time it takes for an application to be entered into the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR). As a result, data entry time has already been reduced from eight weeks to two weeks.

If you have any questions regarding any of the information included in this email, you may contact us through the eForms system by using “Ask the Experts” or by emailing us at eforms.admin_atf.gov.

Thank you for your continued support of eForms.

MoxyDave
24 June 2014, 11:09
Sounds good, thanks for the update dood.

gatordev
25 June 2014, 15:38
Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned here is that 41P has been pushed back to January 2015. I've mentioned it before, but I have a sneaky suspicion it will dissolve into the ether and become a non-event.

That said, the fact that it's been pushed back, and with times "improving," it does have me contemplating grabbing a SF 5.56 SOCOM now for "posterity."

UWone77
25 June 2014, 17:52
gator,

I'm surprised you didn't comment that the ATF's Legal Instrument Examiners are (LIEs) [:D]

tappedandtagged
26 June 2014, 00:04
gator,

I'm surprised you didn't comment that theATF's Legal Instrument Examiners are (LIEs) [:D]

Ha!

gatordev
26 June 2014, 12:47
gator,

I'm surprised you didn't comment that the ATF's Legal Instrument Examiners are (LIEs) [:D]

I guess I'm a softy. I don't blame the examiners for agency policy and bureaucracy.

In other news... I called Silencer Shop today and they said they were right around 30-40 days for Form 3s. I'm debating ordering from them with the longer wait time for a lower price or buying local (assuming I can talk them down again like I did for the 7.62) and paying tax. Not that I don't always pay tax on online purchases, of course.

gatordev
27 June 2014, 14:19
In other news... I called Silencer Shop today and they said they were right around 30-40 days for Form 3s. I'm debating ordering from them with the longer wait time for a lower price or buying local (assuming I can talk them down again like I did for the 7.62) and paying tax. Not that I don't always pay tax on online purchases, of course.

Well, crap. In my effort to go see about grabbing a 5.56 SOCOM, I found out that they're out of stock right now. Should have new ones in 3-5 weeks. However, they did have SOCOM Minis in stock, which, after hanging one off of a 16" gun, brought about an interesting conundrum. Go with a lighter, slightly shorter can "now" that may or may not be noticed as slightly louder (which isn't my first priority), or go with the standard size and deal with the Form 3 wait? or wait and get the standard size for more money (about $90) locally. Decisions...

Initially the plan was to get another 5.56 "standard" size can and have it just in case 41P did come about, but it's an interesting argument to go with the Mini and run it on all my 12.5" and greater guns.

UWone77
27 June 2014, 14:22
I don't have a Surefire Mini, but I do have an AAC Mini.

The AAC Mini is good for flash reduction and *some* noise reduction, but in my opinion, not hearing safe for more than a couple of rounds.

Next 3 cans will be standard size.

gatordev
28 June 2014, 12:29
I don't have a Surefire Mini, but I do have an AAC Mini.

The AAC Mini is good for flash reduction and *some* noise reduction, but in my opinion, not hearing safe for more than a couple of rounds.

Next 3 cans will be standard size.

That's kind of where my head is at, but in my Googling, I've found that while there's a dB difference, at the shooter's ear (on an AR), it's not noticeable. Probably the biggest thing that had me rethinking this was I was able to slide the Mini onto the end of a Noveske 16" gun in the shop. Now the gun itself was fairly light to begin with, but the feel of the added weight at the end was noticeably less than when I put my 212 on the end of my SR-15 (my lightest 16" gun that has a mount on it).

Of course the much bigger problem is that if I'm worried about weight/mobility/run and gunning, I'm just going to use my fantastically agile 12.5" CA-barreled gun. Other than my MK18, that thing really is just the most fun AR I own.

UWone77
2 August 2014, 19:01
That's kind of where my head is at, but in my Googling, I've found that while there's a dB difference, at the shooter's ear (on an AR), it's not noticeable. Probably the biggest thing that had me rethinking this was I was able to slide the Mini onto the end of a Noveske 16" gun in the shop. Now the gun itself was fairly light to begin with, but the feel of the added weight at the end was noticeably less than when I put my 212 on the end of my SR-15 (my lightest 16" gun that has a mount on it).

Of course the much bigger problem is that if I'm worried about weight/mobility/run and gunning, I'm just going to use my fantastically agile 12.5" CA-barreled gun. Other than my MK18, that thing really is just the most fun AR I own.

I forgot to ask you when you originally posted this. How do you like that 12.5" ? I have 1 12.5" upper, but I have yet to shoot it because John Noveske himself put together the upper, which he gave to Stick, and Stick gave it to me as gift, still unfired. After he passed, I wanted to keep it as it was. In true Noveske fashion, I should just shoot the shit out of it, which I probably will. However, I have no other 12.5" to compare it to.

UWone77
2 August 2014, 19:18
In case you guys don't read the Silencer Shop Blog (http://www.silencershop.com/eforms-20-industry-roundtable/), I thought their latest entry was informative: http://www.silencershop.com/eforms-20-industry-roundtable/

Since eForms went down, the NFA Branch has worked to keep wait times down by throwing more people at the pending applications. This isn’t a long term solution, and they appear to realize that; but, it is definitely helping in the short term.

Some of the statistics they threw out were:

Over the last month, the NFA Branch has been able to drop one month from the wait times – and our statistics back this up. They also said that they have dropped from a peak of 86,000 unprocessed applications in February to just over 50,000 today; so they’re heading in the right direction in spite of an uptick in submissions.
Last year, as most people know, there were only 9 NFA Branch examiners who were handling every single submission. As of today there are 15, with another 11 in the pipeline – which will bring the total up to 26 examiners.

The goal, with both paper and eForm 4 submissions is to get the wait times under 6 months and keep them there. It actually sounded like they may have an internal goal to keep it closer to 3 months.
The ATF is also training field agents to help with the NFA approval process while they work through the existing backlog – which shows they are serious about bringing wait times down.
Even though this ‘surge’ is just a stop-gap measure, the major upside is that the new examiners will still be around when eForms 2.0 finally comes online – so we could see some serious drops in wait times over the next year or two.

Eforms 2.0

Although the NFA Branch is throwing serious resources at pulling wait times down for paper forms – it sounds like any rumors of Form 4 submissions coming back to eForms in the coming weeks aren’t correct. It’s possible they may try to bring Form 3′s back online; but, there appears to be some internal debate over whether the system can even handle that load.

With the return of Forms 1 and 2 (and potentially 3) to the current eForms Carrousel, the ATF is placing a clear emphasis on bringing Form 4 submissions to the new 2.0 platform first.

There were a lot of great ideas provided at the roundtable, and I hope those ideas will result in a better/more stable system for everybody. Honestly, I was a bit doubtful that this roundtable would be worthwhile at all since it’s easy to fall into the traps of either ‘over-designing’ or just whining about the current system. I’m very happy to have been proven wrong – and I’m optimistic that eForms 2.0 will deliver what the industry is looking for.

It sounds like they would like to have a working system up and running in 3-6 months; but, with the bureaucracy that’s involved, it could be as long as a year. Personally, I’m going to root for the 3-6 month option. :)

I will admit that I’m a little surprised that they aren’t going to try improving the back-end of the current system to hold everybody over until eForms 2.0 is released – but it doesn’t sound like that option is on the table.

Conclusion:

I’ve been a software developer for all of my adult life and I’ve seen several great projects that were never actually released because of ‘feature-creep’. In some ways, the best possible approach to eForms 2.0 would be to get a minimum viable product out the door that works well – and then add to it using an iterative process. Unfortunately, I don’t think the gov’t processes will allow that type of approach.

Regardless, I think the ATF is definitely moving in the right direction by pulling industry participants into the design process. I’m also happy that they’re finally attacking the wait time problem that has gotten so severe over the last couple of years.

gatordev
3 August 2014, 09:07
I forgot to ask you when you originally posted this. How do you like that 12.5" ? I have 1 12.5" upper, but I have yet to shoot it because John Noveske himself put together the upper, which he gave to Stick, and Stick gave it to me as gift, still unfired. After he passed, I wanted to keep it as it was. In true Noveske fashion, I should just shoot the shit out of it, which I probably will. However, I have no other 12.5" to compare it to.

I absolutely love it. I had to make it my competition only gun for a month or so because I wanted to shoot my other guns and didn't want to become dependent on how light and flat the thing shoots. Between the Spike's buffer and the SF brake, it's just a joy to shoot unsuppressed. The one issue I've had is that it's a tad long when trying to "sling" it and transitioning to my pistol. But hear me out...

The local monthly carbine match is kind of a weird beast. I'm convinced at least a quarter of the people are there to play dress up, and some of the stages are pretty gamer (but not all). That said, their two big rules (besides the normal ones) are a) you can't sling a hot rifle (fair enough), and b) you're still held to the 180 rule, including a slung rifle. Both rules by themselves make sense, but together, it causes this weird weapon manipulation when transitioning. You can't sling/push the rifle to your off-hand side (the barrel will point behind you, even if it's in its little 3 foot circle around you), so you end up having to drop it between your crotch. If you have to move while shooting the pistol, you end up looking like you've taken a dump in your shorts. As a result, I find in the summer when wearing shorts, it's easy with the 12.5" barrel for the brake to touch my left thigh. It's a tad warm when that happens.

Again, this is something specific to my situation, and as it cools down sometime in the next decade, pants will help, but it is the one issue I've had with that barrel length. Otherwise, it's been the cat's pajamas.

I hear you on that Noveske. While not the same circumstances as yours, I have an 18" upper from before he died. It has 1095 rounds on it and was fantastic, but I just don't have a need for it right now. But I can't really bring myself to sell it. So in the cabinet it sits.

UWone77
6 August 2014, 12:20
E-File:

Item: SBR
Form Type: Form 1 Trust
Sent: 03-13-14
Check Cashed: Electronic Funds Transfer
Submitted/In Process: ?
Approved: 07-28-14
Examiner: Nickie Dudash

tappedandtagged
8 August 2014, 18:01
That's not too shabby!

I'm currently waiting on a form 3 to my dealer in a rimfire can. Then I get to mail in my Form 4. Uhg. They seriously need to get the E file system back to running all the forms again.

mustangfreek
9 August 2014, 02:18
E-File:

Sent: 03-13-14
Approved: 07-28-14
Examiner: Nickie Dudash

Im jealous......:P

UWone77
10 August 2014, 00:21
That's not too shabby!

I'm currently waiting on a form 3 to my dealer in a rimfire can. Then I get to mail in my Form 4. Uhg. They seriously need to get the E file system back to running all the forms again.

They really do. The 3-4 month waiting times are very bearable. The 8+ months I've been waiting on a couple of paper Form 4's is not. Hopefully with the additional hires they cane speed up all areas.

gatordev
11 August 2014, 10:24
Form 3 Paper:

Item: Suppressor(s)
Form Type: Form 3
Sent: 7-02-14
Check Cashed:
Submitted/In Process:
Approved: 8-11-14
Examiner: UNK

Getting a little longer on the Form 3s, apparently, but still not terrible. Hopefully I can get the Form 4 done this weekend, assuming UPS does their thing fast enough.

UWone77
12 August 2014, 20:04
I plan to e-file another Form 1 SBR on a Noveske Gen III Lower. Should match up nicely to a Gen III 10.5" Switchblock Upper.

In the mean time, my other SBR Lower is enroute to the engraver. While I'm waiting, this NFA goodness might have just left the garage shop:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2207_zpsdf053604.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2207_zpsdf053604.jpg.html)

Ride4frnt
12 August 2014, 21:36
You guys are all bad influences. The silencerco/noveske video yesterday didn't help either. I'm gonna be in the market for a SDN-6 or a Saker 762 here soon...

UWone77
14 August 2014, 19:18
You guys are all bad influences. The silencerco/noveske video yesterday didn't help either. I'm gonna be in the market for a SDN-6 or a Saker 762 here soon...

Yes, yes we are!

E-File:

Sent: 08-14-14
Approved:
Examiner:

Ride4frnt
14 August 2014, 19:56
Yes, yes we are!

E-File:

Approved:
Examiner:

SBRing my pistol is still on the fence... Since md made the length >29" I may be cutting it close with a 10.5" barrel.

UWone77
14 August 2014, 20:05
SBRing my pistol is still on the fence... Since md made the length >29" I may be cutting it close with a 10.5" barrel.

10.5 with a muzzle device has been running...27" ish...

Ride4frnt
14 August 2014, 20:15
10.5 with a muzzle device has been running...27" ish...

Rats. Maybe a MOE fixed carbine stock? How much does that gain?

Slippers
18 August 2014, 15:28
Type: eForm 1 Trust
Filed: July 25, 2014
Approved: August 18, 2014
Examiner: Sandra Snook

3 weeks...If you ever wanted an SBR, now is the time!

http://i.imgur.com/SURk6so.jpg

UWone77
18 August 2014, 15:34
Rats. Maybe a MOE fixed carbine stock? How much does that gain?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I used a CTR in the most collapsed position. I'm just guessing, but a Fixed MOE might give you close to 1.5 to 2" Time to break out that measuring tape. I would do it for you, but I don't own a MOE fixed stock.

And yes... Slippers is right, now is the time if you want your efiled Form 1's approved. I've been seeing 1 month or less approval times. Unfreakingheard of.

Slippers
18 August 2014, 16:29
I wish form 4s weren't so backed up. I won't have my saker until 2015, I suspect.

gatordev
19 August 2014, 11:19
Form 4 Paper (trust) for Suppressor
Submitted: 1/2/14
Approved: 8/18/14
Examiner: ?

Just called this afternoon to check in since I never bothered to since I submitted it and they said it was approved yesterday. Definitely faster than I was expecting.

Thanks to UWone for letting me know about the deal. Hopefully the dealer receives the form in the next day or two and I can pick it up this weekend.

UWone77
19 August 2014, 11:30
Form 4 Paper (trust) for Suppressor
Submitted: 1/2/14
Approved: 8/18/14
Examiner: ?

Just called this afternoon to check in since I never bothered to since I submitted it and they said it was approved yesterday. Definitely faster than I was expecting.

Thanks to UWone for letting me know about the deal. Hopefully the dealer receives the form in the next day or two and I can pick it up this weekend.

This is good news. I submitted 2 paper Form 4's in January as well, probably a few weeks after you did. Hopefully, they show up at the end of the month then. I was banking on the 8 month mark!

Steeles
19 August 2014, 11:43
Efile form 1 for SBR submitted 7-8-14, approved 8-17-14. apparently they work on Sundays!

IRacknBack
19 August 2014, 13:12
I'm gonna go even more broke as soon as Form 4 Efile comes online for 3 week turnaround on Suppressors and non manufactured SBRs. That's awesome.

tappedandtagged
21 August 2014, 17:25
Efile form 1 for SBR submitted 7-8-14, approved 8-17-14. apparently they work on Sundays!

That's stupid awesome! I'm waiting on a form 3 to my dealer now. He said they've been taking around 6 weeks.

Hopefully, (but doubtful) the form 4's will be back up on the efile system by time my Spectre II comes in.

TripleBravo
22 August 2014, 02:03
Two I just transferred...

Both were Trust Form 4 Silencers - submitted 10/2013 and stamp arrived 8/2014.

baboon
22 August 2014, 04:37
I called to check status Tuesday & was told an Error letter was sent Monday. Hopefully it will be here today & I'll have my M-16A2 in 2-3weeks.

UWone77
11 September 2014, 18:50
Old school paper Form 4

Item: AAC Element 2
Form Type: Form 4 Trust
Sent: 03-14-14
Check Cashed: 03-18-14
Approved: 09-04-14
Examiner: Diane Wood

UWone77
16 September 2014, 09:33
Not as fast as some Form 1's I've seen but not bad at all, just over a month.

Check Cashed: Electronic Payment
Submitted/In Process: 08-14-14
Approved: 09-16-14
Examiner: I can't make out the name. Looks like James something..

eldogg
17 September 2014, 16:42
form 1 trust sbr
mailed 2mar14
returned for correction 26 aug 14
stamp arrived 17 sep 14

Sak007
25 September 2014, 11:06
e-file
Item: Silencerco Osprey 45
Sent: 03-4-14
Approved: 09-05-14
Examiner: JL

UWone77
26 September 2014, 09:42
e-file
Item: Silencerco Osprey 45
Sent: 03-4-14
Approved: 09-05-14
Examiner: JL

Form 4 approvals seem to be all over the place. I got an approval last week from March, but crickets on 2 sent in January.

Sak007
27 September 2014, 11:34
Form 4 approvals seem to be all over the place. I got an approval last week from March, but crickets on 2 sent in January.I hope not i got a Saker7.62 I ordered a month after my Osprey .

UWone77
28 September 2014, 10:10
Paper Form 4

Item: Rainier Arms SBR x2
Sent: 03-21-14
Check Cashed: 03-28-14
Approved: 09-22-14
Examiner: Sandra Snook

gatordev
28 September 2014, 12:48
Nice. Looks like things really are starting to settle down to ~6 months. At this rate, hopefully January thru March will be like Christmas.

UWone77
29 September 2014, 07:26
Nice. Looks like things really are starting to settle down to ~6 months. At this rate, hopefully January thru March will be like Christmas.

I'm still waiting for form 4's to be available online. However, the wait times are going in the right direction. I wonder how long it will be before people start complaining about 60-90 day wait times. [:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
29 September 2014, 08:36
I'm still waiting for form 4's to be available online. However, the wait times are going in the right direction. I wonder how long it will be before people start complaining about 60-90 day wait times. [:D]

Wait you mean I won't have the suppresser i bought in august this month?:confused::mad:[:D]

UWone77
30 November 2014, 17:53
Paper Form 4

Item: AAC 762-SD
Sent: 11-20-14
Check Cashed: 12-04-14
Submitted/In Process:
Approved:
Examiner:

alamo5000
30 November 2014, 18:17
Just curious UWone but how many of these forms have you filed? Seriously? [BD] LOL

You must have quite the collection!

On a side note, once things settle down a bit I am seriously considering getting forms in for a suppressor.

RNMEDIC
5 December 2014, 08:15
E-file SBR form 1 trust on 10/21
approved 12/1.

six8
5 December 2014, 09:17
Question for the Trust guys that E file. Do you receive a copy of your approved stamp in the mail or just electronically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UWone77
5 December 2014, 09:21
Question for the Trust guys that E file. Do you receive a copy of your approved stamp in the mail or just electronically?

You get a PDF file, no physical stamp in the mail.

six8
5 December 2014, 10:25

Cool, thanks.

gatordev
21 December 2014, 06:56
I've had three Form 4s in the queue and I called on Friday for my first update, since I figured things were close. The two sent on 8/14/14 were approved on 12/5. Not bad. But the real surprise was the third one. Sent in on 9/12/14, approved 12/18. Just over 90 days! Now I just have to wait for everything to actually arrive.

CarbonScoring
21 December 2014, 08:56

Man, and here I was waiting for my physical stamp to show up. Good to know I don't need to keep wondering where it is.

Kind of bummed though. This is my first NFA item and I was looking forward to getting my first stamp. Still, the trade off of it only taking 33 days is well worth it.

Former11B
21 December 2014, 10:30
I don't know why, but I like having the physical stamp.

Ride4frnt
21 December 2014, 11:42
Yeah, I think I'd rather have a physical stamp, but oh well, I'll take 30 days

Dstrbdmedic167
21 December 2014, 12:09
The best part is you can always print a new stamp if something should ever happen to the "original".

SeattleDude
23 December 2014, 22:08
Sent my Form 1 for SBR 3 days ago on 12.20 =)

Has it been 30 days yet? aaaah

Stickman
26 December 2014, 10:13
I've seen Form 4's reduced to 2-3 months on the fast end, 4-5 months on the long end lately. I'm hoping wait times are reduced further, as well as bringing Form 4's back to efile.

When you think about how ATF forms have been going, a 30 day wait for an efile Form 1 is incredible from where we were just last year.

Ride4frnt
26 December 2014, 10:50
It brings me great pleasure to say this, and I don't say that often about spending $200...

Form 1 eFile submitted 12/26/2014

Dstrbdmedic167
26 December 2014, 11:13
It brings me great pleasure to say this, and I don't say that often about spending $200...

Woop woop congrats brother!! Welcome to the club

Computalotapus
26 December 2014, 11:25
Congrats man. Soon i will be joining the club.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

Ride4frnt
26 December 2014, 11:27
Congrats man. Soon i will be joining the club.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131029183839/nickfanon/images/f/f0/1367381826397-welcome_to_the_dark_side_answer_1_xlarge.jpg

Thompson
26 December 2014, 14:28
Soon i will be joining the club.
Ditto [:D]

I guess those 12 (I think) additional people helped drop the wait time a bit.

gatordev
26 December 2014, 14:34
Finally picked up my two cans today after they've been waiting for me for the last 2 weeks. Of course, now comes the problem of figuring out how to pay for the MP5 Form 1 when I haven't bought the MP5 yet... It never ends.

UWone77
26 December 2014, 14:38
Finally picked up my two cans today after they've been waiting for me for the last 2 weeks. Of course, now comes the problem of figuring out how to pay for the MP5 Form 1 when I haven't bought the MP5 yet... It never ends.

Who are you going to go with on the MP5? I want to have one built, and have pretty much delayed all of my other projects.

Computalotapus
26 December 2014, 14:54
*cough* Dakota Tactical *cough*

gatordev
26 December 2014, 14:57
Who are you going to go with on the MP5? I want to have one built, and have pretty much delayed all of my other projects.

Initially I was looking at the POF-5, but with availability (and yeah, I know they're coming shortly, but "how many" seems to be in question), I'm leaning towards either a DJ Getz or an Atlantic Arms model. Overall, I think actually getting one while in stock may be the hard part.

I'm willing to pay for quality, but the last numbers I saw on those were more than I can justify spending for a range toy. But I'm always open to options.

UWone77
26 December 2014, 15:07

What are those running?

Dstrbdmedic167
26 December 2014, 19:02
This day is just s awesome!! Got the text earlier tonight that both my form's came back today. Going to pick them up Monday. So total times are

Purchased 8/13/14
Pending 8/18
Approved ? (Not sure I'll edit Monday)
Stamp received 12/26
This is for my AAC 762-SD and Warlock 2.

mustangfreek
26 December 2014, 23:43

Awesome...i need to join the club, as i dont like the looks or issues with the sig brace and need a SBR in my life..lol

This day is just s awesome!! Got the text earlier tonight that both my form's came back today. Going to pick them up Monday. So total times are

Purchased 8/13/14
Pending 8/18
Approved ? (Not sure I'll edit Monday)
Stamp received 12/26
This is for my AAC 762-SD and Warlock 2.

Awesome....and jealous at the same time....lol.....

Pics up when you get the goodies is a must

Computalotapus
27 December 2014, 04:55
What are those running?

Let me find out. What are you looking for exactly?

Computalotapus
28 December 2014, 14:20
Joe said there are some lower priced kits available right now for a limited time that will let him get the retail price right around 3k, industry discount on labor is 20% which knocks about $220 off. These are for semi-auto versions. If you are wanting something else or have any questions he said to get ahold of him (734) 560-7407 or email customerservice@dakotatactical.com

Totally just remembered to ask this question to him as we where talking about my VP9....

Now I just gotta beg and plead with the wife to let me get one.. or a UMP or a MR556A1

Deadwing
29 December 2014, 01:41
I've seen Form 4's reduced to 2-3 months on the fast end, 4-5 months on the long end lately. I'm hoping wait times are reduced further, as well as bringing Form 4's back to efile.

When you think about how ATF forms have been going, a 30 day wait for an efile Form 1 is incredible from where we were just last year.

2-3 months?! That's just awesome! :D I'm currently waiting on approval of a few paper Form 4s that were submitted mid October using a trust. I've got my fingers crossed for the fast end of the spectrum!

Deadwing
1 January 2015, 02:40
My first stamp! The SBR Form 1 i eFiled on 11/25/14 came back approved on 12/31/14. With two major holidays that most likely resulted in a couple four-day weekends for a lot of folks who work at BATFE, that's pretty damn fast. Overall, i'm impressed. Happy New Year to me!

CarbonScoring
1 January 2015, 06:07
My first stamp! The SBR Form 1 i eFiled on 11/25/14 came back approved on 12/31/14. With two major holidays that most likely resulted in a couple four-day weekends for a lot of folks who work at BATFE, that's pretty damn fast. Overall, i'm impressed. Happy New Year to me!

Congrats. It sure is a good feeling when you get that email.

Dstrbdmedic167
1 January 2015, 09:33
Congrats deadwing! Nothing like that first stamp!

mustangfreek
1 January 2015, 15:17

Awesome...but i am jealous..lol...

Post up pics of the project , when its done..

Deadwing
1 January 2015, 16:51
Thanks, guys! I'm pretty stoked! [:D] Here are a couple pics for your viewing pleasure. Aero Precision lower, Geissele G2S trigger, BAD-CASS safety, MOE grip, B5 sopmod and QD end plate, Daniel Defense MK18 upper, Troy BUIS, Eotech EXPS3 and G33.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/Deadwing76/Mk18-2_zps75d87f38.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Deadwing76/media/Mk18-2_zps75d87f38.jpg.html)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/Deadwing76/Mk18-4_zpsb0641e17.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Deadwing76/media/Mk18-4_zpsb0641e17.jpg.html)

mustangfreek
1 January 2015, 16:55
Damn...:P

All but the eotech for me, but very nice, and especially for us WA residents where SBR's just recently came legal...[:D]

tact
1 January 2015, 16:56
Nice! Now time to add some Form 4 action on the end of that little blaster.

toolboxluis00200
1 January 2015, 17:01
Thanks, guys! I'm pretty stoked! [:D] Here are a couple pics for your viewing pleasure. Aero Precision lower, Geissele G2S trigger, BAD-CASS safety, MOE grip, B5 sopmod and QD end plate, Daniel Defense MK18 upper, Troy BUIS, Eotech EXPS3 and G33.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/Deadwing76/Mk18-2_zps75d87f38.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Deadwing76/media/Mk18-2_zps75d87f38.jpg.html)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/Deadwing76/Mk18-4_zpsb0641e17.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Deadwing76/media/Mk18-4_zpsb0641e17.jpg.html)

ohhh that is nice

Deadwing
1 January 2015, 17:02
Damn...:P

All but the eotech for me, but very nice, and especially for us WA residents where SBR's just recently came legal...[:D]

I don't know i feel about the Eotech set-up yet. It's the only one i own, and might just get replaced with an Aimpoint. [:D]

Deadwing
1 January 2015, 17:03
Nice! Now time to add some Form 4 action on the end of that little blaster.

Just as soon as my Form 4 comes back… [:D]

UWone77
1 January 2015, 17:03
Deadwing, that is Deadsexy.

Not a fan of magnifiers myself, but the only way to figure that out is lots and lots of shooting. Keep us posted with a range report!

Deadwing
1 January 2015, 17:25
ohhh that is nice

Thanks!

Not a fan of magnifiers myself, but the only way to figure that out is lots and lots of shooting. Keep us posted with a range report!

Thanks, UW. [:D] As for the magnifier, I'm not sure how i'll like it yet myself. I'm going to try and get out tomorrow and return some lead to Mother Earth. I'll keep you all posted! [:D]

mustangfreek
1 January 2015, 17:27
Just as soon as my Form 4 comes back… [:D]

Damn your on it..what can?

Damnit i so want to do this, i dont have a trust yet, but went and setup and filled out half a form 1 already....lol......uhhhhhh

Computalotapus
1 January 2015, 17:32

Damnit i so want to do this, i dont have a trust yet, but went and setup and filled out half a form 1 already....lol......uhhhhhh

We just got our trust done. Wife hooked it up for us on Christmas from coyote. I think she did it because she knows the next build is hers and she already has a nice parts list going.

Deadwing
1 January 2015, 17:54

AAC 556-SD. It's only been 2 1/2 months since my Form 4 was submitted, so i'm guessing at least another month and a half to go. I did my trust through NW Gun Law Group. Easy peasy. And my credit union didn't even charge for the notary.

Deadwing
8 January 2015, 00:49

Sorry for the delay in posting up this range report. This is Friday night for me, and my work week is pretty hectic. I went out to the hills and put a few hundred rounds through this bad boy last week Friday (2 Jan.). It was pretty chilly, with temps hovering just above freezing, with a mix of rain and snow falling at times. Elevation was about 2000 feet. Anyway, on to the good stuff…

First impressions: Damn! This gun is incredibly fun to shoot! Don't get me wrong, shouldering an AR pistol with a Sig brace is fun, and i'm not knocking that set-up by any means. It's still an excellent option for those who can't own an SBR due to BS gun laws (as Washington state was not that long ago), or those who dislike the idea of paying a tax for something that ought not be taxed, or any other number of reasons. But for me, shooting an actual SBR with a real stock where one can adjust the length of pull to suit them is an experience that shooting a Sig brace equipped AR pistol just can't match. That's just my opinion, and might be tainted by the excitement of not only shooting an SBR for the first time, but actually owning one.

I zeroed the Eotech at 50 yards, and as expected it was a piece of cake getting it dialed in. This is my first and only Eotech (all my other non-magnified optics are either Aimpoints or Primary Arms red dots), so it did take a few rounds to adjust to the different sight picture and reticle. Once i did so, i was holding groups as well as i can while shooting my Aimpoint equipped guns offhand. This particular EXPS3 has the -2 reticle with the 65 MOA circle, and two 1 MOA dots inside it. The center dot is good for 50 and 200 yards, while the lower dot allows for bullet drop at 500 yards. I only had about 120 yards of range, so i wasn't able to test the effectiveness of the 500 yard dot. Overall, i like the EXPS3 quite a bit, although i don't think i'll be replacing my Aimpoints with Eotechs anytime soon. As for the G33 magnifier, the jury is still out on that piece. It definitely made it easier for my aging eyes to make shots out past 75 or 100 yards, but i found the limited field of view while using the magnifier to be distracting. Granted, any dedicated magnified optic will have a somewhat limited field of view, but for some reason my eyes just didn't like using the magnifier that much. Plus, it adds a considerable amount of weight to the gun for what i find to be, at least for now, a limited benefit. Some more trigger time might change my mind, but that remains to be seen.

This gun ran like a champ. It ate everything i fed it, from Federal XM855 (the majority of rounds fired) to PMC X-Tac XP193 and PMC Bronze 223 to Wolf Gold 223. I was running an H buffer, as it's all i had sitting around unused. I'd meant to take an H2 buffer out of a different lower and try it for comparison, but forgot to bring it with me. It was ejecting pretty hard and beating up the brass a bit, so i think it will definitely benefit from the use of an H2 buffer (one has been ordered for this gun and should be arriving any day). The bolt locked back on the last round with all types of ammo fired from a variety of magazines ranging from Magpul PMAGs (gen 2 and 3), Lancer AWMs, aluminum GI mags with Magpul followers, and even a Surfire 60 rounder. Out of about 350 rounds, i didn't experience one failure or stoppage of any kind. Slip 2000 EWL kept everything running smoothly from start to finish.

Overall, this is the most fun i've had going out shooting in a while! Having to pay Uncle Sam a $200 tax for the "privilege" of having a stock and a barrel less than 16" on the same weapon might suck, but to me it is still money well spent. I can't wait to get my Form 4 back and mount my can on this baby!

Deadwing
27 January 2015, 02:19
Well, i'm going to bite the bullet and Form 1 a couple more lowers. I'm getting the engraving done tomorrow afternoon, and will submit the forms when i get home from work tomorrow night. Also, from what i've been reading on Form 4 wait times, i ought to be only a couple weeks out from getting mine back! I'm pretty stoked!

UWone77
27 January 2015, 18:02
I'm going to Form 1 another Lower, torn between the LMT, CMT, and BCM.

Gaspipeshooter
27 January 2015, 18:10

Showoff...[:D]

UWone77
27 January 2015, 18:11
Showoff...[:D]

LOL... too many projects, not enough $$$

Dstrbdmedic167
27 January 2015, 18:13
LOL... too many projects, not enough $$$
Well I pretty much covered that stamp

Gaspipeshooter
27 January 2015, 18:15
On a more serious note, I'm trying to decide if I am going to Form 1 a Rock River, an Aero Precision "PEW PEW PEW", or a Mega billet. Since the Mega is still bare, it's the current front runner since I won't have to tear it down to be engraved...[BD]

mustangfreek
27 January 2015, 18:34
Pew pew pew

Dont you have a LMT 10.5" upper, if so form 1 the lmt lower gets my vote if so.....But what the hell do i know..[crazy]...[BD]

UWone77
27 January 2015, 19:24
Well I pretty much covered that stamp

Actually, I'm going to use those funds from the barrel to buy some LPK's, Receiver Extension Kits, and BAD-ASS's.

UWone77
27 January 2015, 19:25
On a more serious note, I'm trying to decide if I am going to Form 1 a Rock River, an Aero Precision "PEW PEW PEW", or a Mega billet. Since the Mega is still bare, it's the current front runner since I won't have to tear it down to be engraved...[BD]

I vote for the Aero.

I'm probably going to Form 1 an Aero Lower, just because of the number of SBR Aero Uppers I have. The Pew lower is a great choice for a milspec receiver.

Dstrbdmedic167
27 January 2015, 19:25
Actually, I'm going to use those funds from the barrel to buy some LPK's, Receiver Extension Kits, and BAD-ASS's.

That works too!!

UWone77
27 January 2015, 19:28
That works too!!

Completely out of the basics... sometimes you forget how fast those items add up!

Dstrbdmedic167
27 January 2015, 19:29
Completely out of the basics... sometimes you forget how fast those items add up!

No i do lol.... I need some too but with the new "spec" program from silencerco I'm saving as much as possible for a pistol supressor!!

Edit: I do know how quick the essentials add up lol

Deadwing
28 January 2015, 03:10

I just submitted Form 1s on a BCM and a Noveske Gen 1.

Of the three you listed, i'd go BCM or LMT. Hell, do both!

Deadwing
28 January 2015, 03:15

My vote is for the Aero PEW PEW PEW! I wish i'd jumped on one of those when i had the chance! I didn't have to fully strip my BCM to get it engraved. Just had to pull the stock off and remove the trigger guard (the engraving was under the trigger guard. I'm fortunate though, that my engraver is local and i didn't have to send my lower out to have the work done.

mustangfreek
28 January 2015, 03:23
My vote is for the Aero PEW PEW PEW! I wish i'd jumped on one of those when i had the chance! I didn't have to fully strip my BCM to get it engraved. Just had to pull the stock off and remove the trigger guard (the engraving was under the trigger guard. I'm fortunate though, that my engraver is local and i didn't have to send my lower out to have the work done.

Lots of pew pew pew lowers available here , 189 as of this post..[:D]

http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.aero-precision-special-edition-pew-pew-stripped-lower-receiver-37-993

Deadwing
28 January 2015, 03:41
Lots of pew pew pew lowers available here , 189 as of this post..[:D]

http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.aero-precision-special-edition-pew-pew-stripped-lower-receiver-37-993

Damn! Only $65?! What's the catch? Shipping has got to cost $100 or something lol. Everything they sell is dirt cheap! [BD]

mustangfreek
28 January 2015, 03:57
Damn! Only $65?! What's the catch? Shipping has got to cost $100 or something lol. Everything they sell is dirt cheap! [BD]

Lol...hes a good guy have talked to him and ordered before....$7 shipping usually and was quick

If you look around his site, he has a lot of good deals on stuff.....those damm Aero 308 sets are damn tempting at $215 for a stripped set....:P

Sorry for derailing the thread...[crazy]

Deadwing
28 January 2015, 04:07
Lol...hes a good guy have talked to him and ordered before....$7 shipping usually and was quick

If you look around his site, he has a lot of good deals on stuff.....those damm Aero 308 sets are damn tempting at $215 for a stripped set....:P

Sorry for derailing the thread...[crazy]

I've looked, and i've resisted temptation thus far! I don't know how much longer i can hold out! He's got some crazy deals, and it'd be very easy for me to go broke on his site lol

At any rate, i know there's no rhyme or reason to the ways of the BATFE, but i'm seeing a lot of Form 4s coming back approved from around the same time mine were submitted. The suspense is killing me!

Dstrbdmedic167
28 January 2015, 05:03
I've looked, and i've resisted temptation thus far! I don't know how much longer i can hold out! He's got some crazy deals, and it'd be very easy for me to go broke on his site lol

At any rate, i know there's no rhyme or reason to the ways of the BATFE, but i'm seeing a lot of Form 4s coming back approved from around the same time mine were submitted. The suspense is killing me!

Without looking when did you submit

Ride4frnt
28 January 2015, 13:30
Form 1 Trust filed 12/26

Disapproved 1/28

I suspect it's because they are denying all maryland apps, but I'll check for sure after 6 when the system is back online

Deadwing
29 January 2015, 00:58
Without looking when did you submit

Forms were mailed 10/14/14, and the checks were cashed 10/20/14.

Deadwing
29 January 2015, 01:05
Form 1 Trust filed 12/26

Disapproved 1/28

I suspect it's because they are denying all maryland apps, but I'll check for sure after 6 when the system is back online

That's a pisser :/ I assume they left the "reason" space blank in the disapproved area. I read a post on another form where a member there, presumably in MD, got two Form 1s approved on 1/28.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?26936-Official-NFA-Transfer-Times-Thread/page122 post 2429

Deadwing
3 February 2015, 01:45
Well, i got a letter from BATFE today saying my Form 4 on a factory SBR was returned to my deal for corrections. Apparently no caliber was listed for item 4c. That's the bad news. Good news is they're working on my Form 4s. I submitted Form 4s for three items at the same time, so i wonder if they'll approve the other two and approve the one needing correction when my dealer sends it back, or if they'll do a "group approval" and send all approved forms back at the same time. This is the government, so i guess it's entirely possible each form is being handled by a different examiner and who knows when i'll see all three lol.

Ride4frnt
3 February 2015, 21:16
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! This brings me so much joy!

Efile form 1 submitted and accepted 12-26-2014
Disapproved 1-28-2015 for wrong name in 3b
Resubmitted with my old form number and new one, sent email to examiner explaining that
Resubmission 1-30-2015
APPROVED!!!! 2-3-2015
Examiner Ted Clutter

And let me say this. I'm not sure if the maryland examiner is working overtime, or if it's normal or what...but my approval came through at 10:30pm and from talking to guys on the MD board, theirs have been coming through late at night too.

Dstrbdmedic167
3 February 2015, 21:27
Congrats and welcome to the club!!

UWone77
3 February 2015, 21:33

Resubmitted with my old form number and new one, sent email to examiner explaining that
Resubmission 1-30-2015
APPROVED!!!! 2-3-2015
Examiner Ted Clutter

And let me say this. I'm not sure if the maryland examiner is working overtime, or if it's normal or what...but my approval came through at 10:30pm and from talking to guys on the MD board, theirs have been coming through late at night too.

Congrats!

It's a great feeling knowing that you got that first SBR out of the way. Now for pictures...

Ride4frnt
3 February 2015, 21:37
Congrats!

It's a great feeling knowing that you got that first SBR out of the way. Now for pictures...

You best bet I will tomorrow. I'm firmly planted in bed currently.

alamo5000
3 February 2015, 21:38

Resubmission 1-30-2015
APPROVED!!!! 2-3-2015
Examiner Ted Clutter

Congrats. What are you building/getting?

I try to avoid this thread because it is a clear cut temptation for me. I dun wanna go broke!!! :(

Ride4frnt
3 February 2015, 21:52
Congrats. What are you building/getting?

I try to avoid this thread because it is a clear cut temptation for me. I dun wanna go broke!!! :(

Building a AR 10.5" SBR. I'll have pics tomorrow.

alamo5000
3 February 2015, 21:58
Building a AR 10.5" SBR. I'll have pics tomorrow.

So much awesomeness. So little money.

SeattleDude
3 February 2015, 22:36
Very same story with mine too!

I eFiled form 1 for SBR on 12/20

On 1/30 I got email with file attached and it was DISSAPROVED.

I messed up and put my Personal name where I had to put my Trust name.

I called ATF and spoke to lady that Dissaproved me and asked her for what I need to do next.

She advised me to eFile new form (had to pay $200 again) and email her with control number and she said she will forward it to her manager and ask for expedite.

I did just that and NEXT day my second eFile was approved by Ted. (apparently he is the man)

Only downside now is I have to wait for first $200 refund and it will probably take couple months.

Deadwing
4 February 2015, 01:07

Resubmission 1-30-2015
APPROVED!!!! 2-3-2015
Examiner Ted Clutter

DUDE!!! That is awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Deadwing
4 February 2015, 01:15
I must've been a good boy… Both of my can stamps arrived at my dealer and i'm now the proudly in possession of my AAC 556-SD and Ti-Rant 45!

- Type: Trust
- Paper Form 4s submitted: 10/14/14
- Checks cashed: 10/20/14
- Approved!: 01/26/15
- Stamps at dealer: 02/03/15

The correction for my SBR Form 4 was mailed this morning. Let's hope they don't dilly-dally on approving the corrected form!

And say what you will about the ATF, but they managed to approve my suppressor Form 4s before AAC could manage to send me my rebates for said cans lol.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 February 2015, 05:28
And now I'm back in the waiting game. Purchased a Osprey45 via the Spec program this morning. Will be a couple weeks before paperwork can be sent off but it's paid for. Now I just got to get a piston and barrel for all my pistols... Gah

Deadwing
5 February 2015, 01:13
And now I'm back in the waiting game. Purchased a Osprey45 via the Spec program this morning. Will be a couple weeks before paperwork can be sent off but it's paid for. Now I just got to get a piston and barrel for all my pistols... Gah

I'm already plotting my next NFA item purchase lol. I'm thinking about a Saker 762, but i don't qualify for the spec program. I might go AAC 762-SDN-6, or even just a 762-SD to save some cash, since i'm already ready to roll with 51t mounts.

Dstrbdmedic167
5 February 2015, 04:21
I'm already plotting my next NFA item purchase lol. I'm thinking about a Saker 762, but i don't qualify for the spec program. I might go AAC 762-SDN-6, or even just a 762-SD to save some cash, since i'm already ready to roll with 51t mounts.

I love my 762-SD. You've seen my video... I hope...

Deadwing
5 February 2015, 04:33
I love my 762-SD. You've seen my video... I hope...

Yup! The 556-SD and 762-SD are pretty hard to beat, value wise. You might gain a few extra decibels of noise reduction with a far more expensive can. But damn! You get A LOT of can for the money with the SD series.

Dstrbdmedic167
5 February 2015, 04:34
Yup! The 556-SD and 762-SD are pretty hard to beat, value wise. You might gain a few extra decibels of noise reduction with a far more expensive can. But damn! You get A LOT of can for the money with the SD series.

Agreed! I do want a dedicated 5.56 can but I wanted to have my "trio" completed first.

Deadwing
5 February 2015, 04:38
Agreed! I do want a dedicated 5.56 can but I wanted to have my "trio" completed first.

[:D] I hear ya! In hindsight, i probably should've gone with the 762-SD purely for it's versatility, instead of the 556-SD. But, now i've got an excuse to buy another can! [BD]

Deadwing
18 February 2015, 01:39
The stamp for my factory SBR finally arrived!

- Paper Form 4 submitted: 10/14/14
- Check cashed: 10/20/14
- Correction letter sent: 01/29/15
- Corrected form mailed back: 02/03/15
- Approved!: 02/10/15
- Stamp at dealer: 02/17/15

UWone77
18 February 2015, 01:45
The stamp for my factory SBR finally arrived!

- Paper Form 4 submitted: 10/14/14
- Check cashed: 10/20/14
- Correction letter sent: 01/29/15
- Corrected form mailed back: 02/03/15
- Approved!: 02/10/15
- Stamp at dealer: 02/17/15

First... where are the pics?!

Congrats by the way. I like your timeline. I submitted for 2 cans about 20 days after you submitted for that SBR, so I'm hoping I'm 3 weeks out!

Deadwing
18 February 2015, 01:57
First... where are the pics?!

Congrats by the way. I like your timeline. I submitted for 2 cans about 20 days after you submitted for that SBR, so I'm hoping I'm 3 weeks out!

I'll post some pics when i get the opportunity to take some photos that will at least attempt to do the gun justice. :P Just to tease, i will say it has a Switchblock… [BD]

And thanks! I'm pretty stoked! With any luck, you'll have your cans sooner! I submitted for two cans at the same time as the SBR, and i received those stamps on 3 February.

SwissyJim
18 February 2015, 23:27
I just got my Specwar556 - applied for stamp late October and picked it up Saturday. Roughly 3.5 months with a Trust filing!

I'm sure some pics will pop up shortly with my PA 2.5 optic review...

xAZxE30x
19 February 2015, 12:24
My form 3 was approved yesterday.

Submitted 1/6
Approve 2/18

Now for the real wait :/

Deadwing
22 February 2015, 01:24
First... where are the pics?!!

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/Deadwing76/photo5_zpse54018ed.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Deadwing76/media/photo5_zpse54018ed.jpg.html)

More to come in the NFA pic thread. :P

DutyUse
22 February 2015, 06:49
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/Deadwing76/photo5_zpse54018ed.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Deadwing76/media/photo5_zpse54018ed.jpg.html)

More to come in the NFA pic thread. :P

Well Deadwing I think you just sealed the STR for me to finish my 14.5. I had a b5 originally scheduled for the project but it looked cheap on THAT rifle. Had been going back and forth between the MFT battlelink and the STR

Thompson
22 February 2015, 08:53
Wow! Looks amazing!! Whose upper is that?

UWone77
22 February 2015, 10:12

Factory Gen III gun

Thompson
22 February 2015, 12:11
Factory Gen III gun
Ah, thanks. That makes perfect sense, now that I think about it.

Computalotapus
22 February 2015, 12:16
Think I am gonna save up and buy the receiver set for the wife's SBR build so I can get the form started.

UWone77
22 February 2015, 12:19
Think I am gonna save up and buy the receiver set for the wife's SBR build so I can get the form started.

What receiver set are you going with?

I'm going to SBR one more lower before 41P.

I can't decide what lower though. LMT, BCM, or something else. Choices are harder when you know this is basically a permanent deal.

Computalotapus
22 February 2015, 12:26
What receiver set are you going with?

I can't decide what lower though. LMT, BCM, or something else. Choices are harder when you know this is basically a permanent deal.

She is doing a NTD build. Receiver set and 10.5" barrel from NTD. MI 10" LW free float M-LOK rail, Lantac brake with their new concussion shroud. She hasn't decided on internals but will probably have a CMC trigger, BAD-ASS, BAD-EPS, Battle Arms new mag release and some other goodies.

Thompson
22 February 2015, 12:47
Do you think that has a chance of getting through?

UWone77
22 February 2015, 13:07
Do you think that has a chance of getting through?

Hard to say... but for $200, it's cheap insurance to get one more.

Thompson
22 February 2015, 13:15
Hard to say... but for $200, it's cheap insurance to get one more.
Well that only works if your 21+ :P

UWone77
22 February 2015, 13:17
Well that only works if your 21+ :P

How come your family doesn't have a trust, and list you on it?

alamo5000
22 February 2015, 14:13

Maybe a stupid question but what is 41P?

Thompson
22 February 2015, 14:13
How come your family doesn't have a trust, and list you on it?
As hard as it might be to believe, my folks are anti-gun (they grew up during the Vietnam War - so I'm guessing it's partially due to that). Took them 5 months to say yes to the Jack. My mom's gotten better about it, and at this point is just indifferent about guns ... my dad on the other hand, still hates them to the bottom of his heart.

... it's a work in progress lol.

Thompson
22 February 2015, 14:18
From my understanding - it's the proposed plan of the ATF's to basically kill trusts (everyone's assuming that if you have a trust before this goes live, you'll be grandfathered in).

One of the nice things about a trust is that it skirts the whole idea of having to get fingerprints and CLEO sign off. ... I think the ATF's reasoning behind doing this is to prevent bad people from getting things via a trust since there's no background check involved..

A big problem to this is that some folks may not live in a gun-friendly area; read: CLEO's are very unlikely to sign off on NFA items (provided that NFA items are legal to own in one's respective residence). And thus with a trust, one can effectively bypass this problem.

Originally the ATF was suppose to make a final decision sometime back in the beginning of this year - but because they've been inundated with comments/emails/etc they've pushed back their final decision to late spring/early summer.

UWone77
22 February 2015, 14:22
As hard as it might be to believe, my folks are anti-gun (they grew up during the Vietnam War - so I'm guessing it's partially due to that). Took them 5 months to say yes to the Jack. My mom's gotten better about it, and at this point is just indifferent about guns ... my dad on the other hand, still hates them to the bottom of his heart.

... it's a work in progress lol.

Doesn't have to be your parents...

Thompson
22 February 2015, 14:24
Doesn't have to be your parents...
The trust? True. ... but how does this help me? Sure I can be added to a friend's trust or something, but I still wont be able to own any NFA items.

alamo5000
22 February 2015, 17:19

http://www.nfafa.org/atf41p.cfm

alamo5000
22 February 2015, 17:22
From my understanding - it's the proposed plan of the ATF's to basically kill trusts (everyone's assuming that if you have a trust before this goes live, you'll be grandfathered in).

One of the nice things about a trust is that it skirts the whole idea of having to get fingerprints and CLEO sign off. ... I think the ATF's reasoning behind doing this is to prevent bad people from getting things via a trust since there's no background check involved..

A big problem to this is that some folks may not live in a gun-friendly area; read: CLEO's are very unlikely to sign off on NFA items (provided that NFA items are legal to own in one's respective residence). And thus with a trust, one can effectively bypass this problem.

Originally the ATF was suppose to make a final decision sometime back in the beginning of this year - but because they've been inundated with comments/emails/etc they've pushed back their final decision to late spring/early summer.

Where I live at the CLEO will sign for anything I want provided that I let him try it out after I get it. But in Houston for example, their CLEO won't sign ANYTHING. You can forget it. It baffles me and pisses off a whole lot of people.

Deadwing
22 February 2015, 23:22
Well Deadwing I think you just sealed the STR for me to finish my 14.5. I had a b5 originally scheduled for the project but it looked cheap on THAT rifle. Had been going back and forth between the MFT battlelink and the STR

Good choice! I really like the STR. I've also got one on a Mega Arms billet build i did a while back. The STR definitely adds a bit of class. :P

Deadwing
22 February 2015, 23:25
Where I live at the CLEO will sign for anything I want provided that I let him try it out after I get it. But in Houston for example, their CLEO won't sign ANYTHING. You can forget it. It baffles me and pisses off a whole lot of people.

You're a lucky man to live someplace where CLEO signatures aren't a problem. I'm in the same boat as UW, and am waiting on a couple Form 1s i submitted to SBR a couple lowers. I'm hoping my deals gets resupplied on cans soon, as i'd like one more. If 41P passes, it'll probably mean no more NFA goodies unless i move.

Deadwing
22 February 2015, 23:36

Thanks! [:D] And what UW said. :P

UWone77
22 February 2015, 23:36
You're a lucky man to live someplace where CLEO signatures aren't a problem. I'm in the same boat as UW, and am waiting on a couple Form 4s i submitted to SBR a couple lowers. I'm hoping my deals gets resupplied on cans soon, as i'd like one more. If 41P passes, it'll probably mean no more NFA goodies unless i move.

I have no issues getting a CLEO Sign off... but why would anyone want to do that anyway!

Deadwing
22 February 2015, 23:46
I have no issues getting a CLEO Sign off... but why would anyone want to do that anyway!

I'm sure you don't. :P The rest of us, who aren't LE, are going to be screwed though. Maybe you can put in a good word for me if 41P does pass. [BD] You'd think that with me having a govt. security clearance, i'd have no problem with getting CLEO sig either. But from the research i did, i just got a trust and was done with it. Because you're right, who wants to mess with that hassle. I think it's absurd we need to get permission to own things like SBRs, silencers, etc. to begin with.

Thompson
23 February 2015, 10:39
You'd think that with me having a govt. security clearance, i'd have no problem with getting CLEO sig either.
Wow - that's pretty stupid ... I guess 2 + 2 doesn't equal 4.

gatordev
23 February 2015, 14:54

Well, to be fair, a SECRET or TS doesn't mean you're an angel. Google "Fat Leonard."

Thompson
23 February 2015, 18:48
Well, to be fair, a SECRET or TS doesn't mean you're an angel. Google "Fat Leonard."
Ah, I see your point.

.... meh, stupid NFA laws to begin with.

Farva
23 February 2015, 23:24
One of my local class 3 dealers said they had a guy get his form 1 back in 6 days via e-file. Also that mail in form 4's were about 3 months. Not a bad turn around

Deadwing
24 February 2015, 01:13

.... meh, stupid NFA laws to begin with.

Extremely stupid on both counts.

I see your point. I'm no "Fat Leonard", nor am i an angel. I'm just a regular guy. And i have a squeaky clean record. I guess the point i was trying to make was the government entrusts me with knowledge and tools that have the potential to do far more harm than a SBR, silencer, or even a machine gun could do. So for some CLEO to deny me my constitutionally guaranteed rights simply because i'm not his buddy or subordinate, or because he is making a political statement, or simply because he doesn't like the idea of armed civilians, is asinine. The way i understand it, and i might be off base, is that all the CLEO is doing when he signs the form is certifying that he has no reason to believe i'll use the NFA item in an illegal manner. So with a clean record, there's no reason for him not to sign it. More states need "shall sign" laws, similar to "shall issue" for concealed carry. Or better yet, lets repeal the NFA, GCA, and that nonsense from '86. :D

Deadwing
24 February 2015, 01:18
One of my local class 3 dealers said they had a guy get his form 1 back in 6 days via e-file. Also that mail in form 4's were about 3 months. Not a bad turn around

6 days? Dang… I'm still waiting on a couple eForms From 1s submitted on 28 Jan. Although, my last eForm 1 was about 5 weeks, and my Form 4s ran 3.5-4 months, which is vastly improved from the much longer wait times from not too long ago. So i'm not complaining one bit. But 6 days would be nice. [BD]

Farva
24 February 2015, 01:21
6 days? Dang… I'm still waiting on a couple eForms From 1s submitted on 28 Jan. Although, my last eForm 1 was about 5 weeks, and my Form 4s ran 3.5-4 months, which is vastly improved from the much longer wait times from not too long ago. So i'm not complaining one bit. But 6 days would be nice. [BD]

No kidding! Can you imagine the amount of money I'd spend if they all came back that fast?? I haven't tried the e-file system yet but I'm defiantly going to give it a go with my next SBR!

Deadwing
24 February 2015, 01:34
No kidding! Can you imagine the amount of money I'd spend if they all came back that fast?? I haven't tried the e-file system yet but I'm defiantly going to give it a go with my next SBR!

For that sort of instant gratification, it'd be worth it! [BD] The eForms are surprisingly less painful than i imagined they'd be, almost easy to use. :P I found a pretty helpful step by step eForms tutorial on arfcom. If you want, i'll see if i can find you a link to it. And i filled out my forms, attached my trust docs, and saved it before i got my lower engraved. Once i got the lower engraved, i went through the form with fresh eyes and a fine tooth comb to make sure i didn't miss anything before submitting.

Farva
24 February 2015, 01:37
For that sort of instant gratification, it'd be worth it! [BD] The eForms are surprisingly less painful than i imagined they'd be, almost easy to use. :P I found a pretty helpful step by step eForms tutorial on arfcom. If you want, i'll see if i can find you a link to it. And i filled out my forms, attached my trust docs, and saved it before i got my lower engraved. Once i got the lower engraved, i went through the form with fresh eyes and a fine tooth comb to make sure i didn't miss anything before submitting.

I'd call you a lying bastard to associate anything the government has its hands on as "easy" if I didn't already believe it haha. That'd be great if you can find it! I saw Mr guns and gear had a video on how to do it as well.

Deadwing
24 February 2015, 01:43
I'd call you a lying bastard to associate anything the government has its hands on as "easy" if I didn't already believe it haha. That'd be great if you can find it! I saw Mr guns and gear had a video on how to do it as well.

In my defense, i said ALMOST easy to use. [BD] I'll see if i can find that thread.

Farva
24 February 2015, 01:44
In my defense, i said ALMOST easy to use. [BD] I'll see if i can find that thread.

Haha it's still good enough for me!

Deadwing
24 February 2015, 01:56
Haha it's still good enough for me!

Close enough for government work, as they say! Found the thread… http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/415446_.html&page=1&sr=0

Farva
24 February 2015, 02:25
Close enough for government work, as they say! Found the thread… http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/415446_.html&page=1&sr=0

Awesome! Thanks!

Deadwing
24 February 2015, 03:22
Awesome! Thanks!

No problemo!

gatordev
24 February 2015, 04:03
Extremely stupid on both counts.

I see your point. I'm no "Fat Leonard", nor am i an angel. I'm just a regular guy. And i have a squeaky clean record. I guess the point i was trying to make was the government entrusts me with knowledge and tools that have the potential to do far more harm than a SBR, silencer, or even a machine gun could do. So for some CLEO to deny me my constitutionally guaranteed rights simply because i'm not his buddy or subordinate, or because he is making a political statement, or simply because he doesn't like the idea of armed civilians, is asinine. The way i understand it, and i might be off base, is that all the CLEO is doing when he signs the form is certifying that he has no reason to believe i'll use the NFA item in an illegal manner. So with a clean record, there's no reason for him not to sign it. More states need "shall sign" laws, similar to "shall issue" for concealed carry. Or better yet, lets repeal the NFA, GCA, and that nonsense from '86. :D

I'm not disagreeing, just saying that how many folks I've seen with a clearance also can get themselves into trouble.

Since some sort of check seems inevitable, you'd think they could interface with another system that already exists, like CCW licenses. Not a 100% solution across all 50 states, but sure seems like it would help make the process more efficient.

Deadwing
24 February 2015, 04:14
I'm not disagreeing, just saying that how many folks I've seen with a clearance also can get themselves into trouble.

Since some sort of check seems inevitable, you'd think they could interface with another system that already exists, like CCW licenses. Not a 100% solution across all 50 states, but sure seems like it would help make the process more efficient.

I agree. The psych eval is another one where i question how thorough the results of some peoples tests are scrutinized. If all these various alphabet agencies would actually communicate with each other, life would be much simpler all around. Either that or it'd be a massive CF. I mean, the NSA probably knows more about any of us than we do ourselves. If my agency would've just talked to the NSA, i could've saved six hours of my time filling out the application to renew my clearance! [BD]

Thompson
24 February 2015, 07:10
If all these various alphabet agencies would actually communicate with each other, life would be much simpler all around.[BD]
Ha! hahahaha. You said agencies and communicate in the same sentence LOL.

... but seriously though.

Deadwing
25 February 2015, 01:14
Ha! hahahaha. You said agencies and communicate in the same sentence LOL.

... but seriously though.

It'll be a cold day in Hell… lol

gatordev
26 February 2015, 16:32
Hmmm...I'm at ~35 days and still waiting for an eForm 1. Apparently the NFA gods are not smiling upon me.

Dstrbdmedic167
26 February 2015, 16:38
I was at 38 and 40 days of both of my Form 1's. Patience grashopper, it should happen soon!!

gatordev
26 February 2015, 19:12
Yeah, I hear you. Just seems like the times are starting to get a bit longer (relative to the last 2-3 months). My last two Form 4s were either in-line with internet averages or even faster (one was 89 days).

Maybe tomorrow...

Thompson
26 February 2015, 19:56
It'll be a cold day in Hell… lol
... hey, I'd pay to see that day lol.

At least you have some NFA stuff going on at your end; I've got nothing ~ no UW you don't get to say anything to that :P

UWone77
26 February 2015, 20:16
... hey, I'd pay to see that day lol.

At least you have some NFA stuff going on at your end; I've got nothing ~ no UW you don't get to say anything to that :P

You can dry your tears with my 20+ stamps. [:D]

Thompson
26 February 2015, 20:28
You can dry your tears with my 20+ stamps. [:D]
Pfff please; I've got Ride's Anderson lower for that. But I'll use your stamps to blow my nose afterwards [BD]

Ride4frnt
26 February 2015, 21:46
Don't go talking about me behind my back.

Deadwing
27 February 2015, 00:21
Hmmm...I'm at ~35 days and still waiting for an eForm 1. Apparently the NFA gods are not smiling upon me.

Hopefully you'll get your approval email soon. My first eForm took 37 days. I'm currently waiting on two more and just hit 30 days. Check your spam/junk folder just in case it was diverted there.

Dstrbdmedic167
27 February 2015, 05:20
Also make sure to Check the website, although im sure to you are, I have had one that I never got a email on. I know a couple of other people that didn't either b

SINNER
27 February 2015, 07:48
I have 5 SBR stamps pending as we speak. Longest is at 29 days right now. Sure beats the paper file times regardless. Seems like a endless waiting game. LGS got the serial numbers for some cans so I will be adding them to the list.

Anyone heard any updates to when the form 4's will be available online?

Bronco75
27 February 2015, 08:23
I just had 2 Form 4's come back...and they were 4 months, almost to the day.

Efile Form 1's seem to be taking about 35-40 days on average.

gatordev
4 March 2015, 13:04
eForm 1:

Submitted: 1/19/15
Approved: 3/4/15

Finally got it today, so it looks like things got a little slower. I have to wonder if Christmas doesn't have something to do with it.

UWone77
4 March 2015, 13:06
eForm 1:

Finally got it today, so it looks like things got a little slower. I have to wonder if Christmas doesn't have something to do with it.

I'm thinking tax season.

gatordev
4 March 2015, 13:59
Or maybe both. A new Christmas toy that can now be Form 1'ed thanks to a tax refund that can fund the stamp.

Deadwing
5 March 2015, 01:18
eForm 1:

Nice. I submitted two Form 1s nine days after you, so hopefully mine will be approved in the next week or so.

Ride4frnt
5 March 2015, 05:56
Or maybe both. A new Christmas toy that can now be Form 1'ed thanks to a tax refund that can fund the stamp.

I filed mine December 26, and it was denied in 30 days. Refiled that day and was approved in 2.

gatordev
5 March 2015, 11:52
I filed mine December 26, and it was denied in 30 days. Refiled that day and was approved in 2.

Usually with a refile, though, they've already done the leg work, so when you refile, they're just making sure the admin part that you may have messed up (or that they perceive is messed up) has been corrected. This assumes you contact someone about the refile (which I think you said you did). It seems Mr. Clutter is the go-to guy if you refile, and he turns them around very quickly like yours.

UWone77
17 March 2015, 21:03
Paper Form 4

Approved: 03-05-15
Examiner: Ann Feltner

Item: AAC 556-SD

DutyUse
17 March 2015, 21:11
Paper Form 4

Grats

UWone77
17 March 2015, 21:20
104 days?

not bad...

xAZxE30x
17 March 2015, 21:53
Paper Form 4

Woo! Nice! That's a great turn around time

UWone77
17 March 2015, 22:38
Woo! Nice! That's a great turn around time

Absolutely is. Considering the last 2 Form 4's before that took 308 and 311 days respectively. Under 120 days is a feat.

Deadwing
18 March 2015, 00:19
Paper Form 4

Sweet! Tough to beat the value of those SD series AAC cans.

xAZxE30x
18 March 2015, 09:06
Absolutely is. Considering the last 2 Form 4's before that took 308 and 311 days respectively. Under 120 days is a feat.

Wow, that is a long wait! My first form 1 took 7months

I just received shipping confirmation yesterday for my can. I hope mine is under 120!!

SwissyJim
18 March 2015, 17:24
screw it... just eFiled a form 1 for my UCWRG lower. Going to call about the Lane Scorpion 458Socom suppressor tomorrow if I get a chance.

Dstrbdmedic167
19 March 2015, 05:29
screw it... just eFiled a form 1 for my UCWRG lower. Going to call about the Lane Scorpion 458Socom suppressor tomorrow if I get a chance.

Woop Woop. I have a UCWRG forged SBR. It's up there on the list as one of my favs.

SwissyJim
19 March 2015, 08:19
Woop Woop. I have a UCWRG forged SBR. It's up there on the list as one of my favs.

I've got the lower with decently matched upper, grip(s), BCG and plans to get their raptor handle for a mostly all UCWRG sbr. I figure I'll run it with my 10.5" 5.56 Aero barrel, but occasionally slap the 458Socom upper on it for a little thumper fun.

Dstrbdmedic167
19 March 2015, 08:22
I've got the lower with decently matched upper, grip(s), BCG and plans to get their raptor handle for a mostly all UCWRG sbr. I figure I'll run it with my 10.5" 5.56 Aero barrel, but occasionally slap the 458Socom upper on it for a little thumper fun.

Yep I've got the upper, lower Grip 23 and parts kit on my 12.5" SBR only thing missing is BCG and CH.

Slippers
19 March 2015, 08:38
E-Form 1s are definitely taking longer than last summer. My latest was submitted Jan 24 and approved March 16. The one I did last August was less than 3 weeks, by comparison.

Deadwing
19 March 2015, 17:30
Item: SBR x2
Form Type: eForm 1 (Trust)
Submitted: 01-28-15
Approved: 03-19-15

I got two eForm 1s approved today. 50 days from submission to approval. Definitely a bit longer than my last eForm 1, but overall not bad. I'll take a 50 day wait to nine months anytime.

Deadwing
20 March 2015, 00:23
I finally got home from work and just finished downloading my approved forms (i couldn't view them on my phone for some reason). Despite being signed by an examiner and checked APPROVED, there is still a large "DRAFT" watermark on one of my forms. [bash] Kind of annoying. I hope the ATF is quick to send a corrected form, as i'd like to shoot this gun over the weekend.

UPDATE: I sent an email late in the day on 03-20-15, and as of tonight, 03-21-15, my form has been corrected and is good to go!

UWone77
20 March 2015, 00:30
I finally got home from work and just finished downloading my approved forms (i couldn't view them on my phone for some reason). Despite being signed by an examiner and checked APPROVED, there is still a large "DRAFT" watermark on one of my forms. [bash] Kind of annoying. I hope the ATF is quick to send an corrected form, as i'd like to shoot this gun over the weekend.

The last time that happened to me, I just gave them a call, and within a few hours, the correction was made online.

Deadwing
20 March 2015, 00:34
The last time that happened to me, I just gave them a call, and within a few hours, the correction was made online.

Cool. i sent an email, but will call first thing in the morning to follow up. Did you just call the main number (304-616-4500) for NFA branch? There's no contact info specific to the examiner who handled my form in any correspondence i've received.

Deadwing
20 March 2015, 12:00
So much for calling. The Gate Keeper who answers the phone at NFA Branch wouldn't transfer me to anyone who could help, and told me to use the "Ask the expert" feature on the eforms web page to request my form be corrected. This should be fun.

UWone77
20 March 2015, 12:22
So much for calling. The Gate Keeper who answers the phone at NFA Branch wouldn't transfer me to anyone who could help, and told me to use the "Ask the expert" feature on the eforms web page to request my form be corrected. This should be fun.

Interesting. I distinctly recall just dialing the general number, and they were super helpful. Maybe it just depends on who you speak to.

Dstrbdmedic167
20 March 2015, 12:54

I had the same problem. Call again and again. You'll eventually get the right person. I told them after several emails directly to my examiner and calls I was transferred to Mrs. Ramsburg. She's pretty high on up, she apologized and said to give her till the next morning and she'd have me the straightened out.

Ride4frnt
20 March 2015, 13:04
Email ted.clutter@atf.gov

Ted seems to be the guy to contact about this type of stuff.

gatordev
20 March 2015, 13:37

And/or use the "Ask the Experts..." It seems that either gets near immediate results (24 hours) since they know the issue is on their end.

Dstrbdmedic167
20 March 2015, 13:46
And/or use the "Ask the Experts..." It seems that either gets near immediate results (24 hours) since they know the issue is on their end.

That's pretty mixed as far as results. I get a 50/50 results using it. Half of the time within a day or two and the other time no response at all.

Dstrbdmedic167
20 March 2015, 13:51

Him and Kim are examiner supervisors. I've talked with both for various reasons. They're both super nice and will help get things done.

Deadwing
20 March 2015, 15:59

Perfect! Thanks for the info. I'll send him an email. I probably won't hear anything back until next week since it's past COB today, but I'll feel better about my request going to a specific person as opposed to some random bulk mailbox.

As for my calls to them today, I called multiple times and tried various options from the automated menu, but got "Mary" the Gate Keeper every time. She was nice enough, just not as helpful as I'd have liked. I'm sure with all the phone calls from people freaking out because their form wasn't approved instantly and calling for daily status updates on their forms, some filtering is necessary. But it would've been nice to get the email address of my examiner, voicemail, something other than the generic "ask the expert".

Thanks again for the info! I'll be sure and update when this snafu gets resolved.