PDA

View Full Version : Clear and Smoked PMAGS?

Quib
19 August 2007, 14:49
Are these released yet? I like the idea of a see-through mag for home defense applications. It would allow the home owner to see his round count as well as alert other family members that the weapon has a loaded mag in the well.

DepletedUranium
19 August 2007, 14:57
i've been asking everybody the same question and from the looks of it some civilians do have them along with some LEO but other then that i've heard about a couple more months

Stickman
19 August 2007, 15:14
i've been asking everybody the same question and from the looks of it some civilians do have them along with some LEO but other then that i've heard about a couple more months

There are MIL and LEO, as well as some others who have been involved with T&E. As far as an official release date, I'm not sure. Magpul has made some good faith replies to people regarding production schedules, and has taken some heat and abuse from posters when those dates weren't met. I think a lot of people tend to forget that outside sources can have massive impact on manufacturing time lines.

It would not shock me to see the smoked PMAGs released first, followed by the clear PMAGs.

On a brighter note, the smoked PMAGs run very well in both semi and FA, and in standard and enhanced feedramp weapons. [:)]

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul/IMG_2871%20Stick.jpg

DepletedUranium
19 August 2007, 15:22
There are MIL and LEO, as well as some others who have been involved with T&E. As far as an official release date, I'm not sure. Magpul has made some good faith replies to people regarding production schedules, and has taken some heat and abuse from posters when those dates weren't met. I think a lot of people tend to forget that outside sources can have massive impact on manufacturing time lines.

It would not shock me to see the smoked PMAGs released first, followed by the clear PMAGs.

On a brighter note, the smoked PMAGs run very well in both semi and FA, and in standard and enhanced feedramp weapons. [:)]

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul/IMG_2871%20Stick.jpg

They're coming out with both clear and smoked pmags, word on the vine was that they weren't going to release the clear ones at all only the smoked ones but since you said they're making both [adore] hallelouya!!!!, btw which would you prefer the clear ones or smoked?

Stickman
19 August 2007, 15:36
Unless something has changed, both smoked and clear will be produced. I should point out that its possible that there has been a change, but given the option of both, I would prefer the smoked variants. Not for any super tactical reason, but simply because I like the aesthetics of them better.

DepletedUranium
19 August 2007, 15:38
outstanding, thnx for the input can't wait to test em out myself

Quib
19 August 2007, 16:11
outstanding, thnx for the input can't wait to test em out myself

+1 I can't wait!

The smoked version is appealing to me. It provides positive ID of the remaining rounds and at the same time tones down the visibility of the brass.

5.56 Five0
21 August 2007, 19:10
You can add me to the "I can't wait for the smoked AND clear PMags" list because I can't wait!!!

Lumpy196
23 September 2007, 22:16
I like Pmags in general. At first I was a little hesitant on the smoke mags, being somewhat of a traditionalist, but they have quickly grown on me. The four I have have proven 100% reliable, with about 200 rounds through each in both non-ramped semi ARs and ramped M4 style guns with the happy switch.

RyanS
24 September 2007, 10:48
When will they stop making things that I have to have? I was successfully avoiding Magpul after purchasing my CTR. Love the stock, their other products were very tempting...but I've been successful in suppressing my urges. Then a friend lets me use his Pmags...I should have three here shortly. The UBR and Masada, I don't know what to say. The will is there, but the body is weak.

clasky
26 September 2007, 18:03
I am really looking forward to these! At this rate, Magpul can be looking forward to a lot of my money. With smoke/clear PMAGs, AR lowers, UBR's, and of course, the Massada, it will be a tough 2008 on the wallet.

SuicideHz
26 September 2007, 19:12
Was it the smoked or clear that was made exclusively for the new Aug style rifle? I see now they won't limit them to simple inclusion with the Aug rifle but I thought I heard that's how they came about.

How clear is the clear? Is it crystal clear like polycarbonate or clear like a butler creek 22 mag or milky white at the seams or what? I can't see liking them any more than smoke. Actually I picture myself disliking them if anything.

olds442tyguy
3 October 2007, 16:15
I'll take either but to be honest, I'd like to see something in between the smoke and clear examples I've seen posted. The smoke looks like it'd be a little hard to see at night, and I'm not sure I'd want something 100% transparent.

Yeah, I'm splitting hairs, but I look extremely forward to them none the less. [:D]

TigerStripe
4 October 2007, 13:21
I may have to check a couple out.

TS

TPDUSA
6 October 2007, 01:19
I'll take either but to be honest, I'd like to see something in between the smoke and clear examples I've seen posted. The smoke looks like it'd be a little hard to see at night, and I'm not sure I'd want something 100% transparent.

Yeah, I'm splitting hairs, but I look extremely forward to them none the less. [:D]

We'll make some baby poop yellow for you, LOL. We have a large order for just that color, so it may fit your bill. These are in the final stages of testing now and the mold is done and now we are just testing the product coming out of the new mold. We added some logo marks and have to run some and check them to make sure nothing has changed from the print to the material.
The smoke will be first then the clear then the uuhh yellowy stuff.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/kentlik/Copyofstickmanmag.jpg

TPDUSA

clasky
6 October 2007, 18:51
I'd be happy to test them for you!

wild_wild_wes
14 October 2007, 19:21
Are the smoke and clear mags made of the same material as the opaque colors?

Stickman
14 October 2007, 20:01
Are the smoke and clear mags made of the same material as the opaque colors?

No, they are a different material, and with different properties.

Marlow
3 November 2007, 13:40
I have and love the windowed pmags... Can't wait to try the smoked ones. I think they would look incredible with those sticky grip pads from Rainier (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=792).

NvrenufRR
7 November 2007, 11:29
Keep us updated for release date,anxiously waiting for smoke

Rock-N-Ruin
27 November 2007, 15:54
This is going to hurt, I already have about 20 PMAGS in differen't variations, and probably need about 10 of each more.... However I think I will wait, so I don't have to deal with getting new bodies for 5 of them again etc... Of course I would accecpt some for T&E purposes of course also!!!!!!.....J.

ETA: are there going to be matching (clear & smoke rubber magpulls) for the mag bottoms? the original magpull's??????[pop][pop][pop] I had to ask?
[pop][pop]

Stickman
27 November 2007, 15:57
Smoked and Clear TMAGs are going to be dedicated for training purposes by Magpul. The difference in material evidently is enough that Magpul is creating a clear difference between duty use, and training/ range magazines.

I know that this has been mentioned before, but its worth noting again.

SHIHAN
28 November 2007, 10:46
Smoked and Clear TMAGs are going to be dedicated for training purposes by Magpul. The difference in material evidently is enough that Magpul is creating a clear difference between duty use, and training/ range magazines.

I know that this has been mentioned before, but its worth noting again.

First I heard thanks fro mentioning it.