PDA

View Full Version : CSE Gear/DKX Armor

DMViergever
12 April 2014, 21:41
I used to be one of the first guys to chuckle when I saw dudes role up in full on plate carriers for classes when I first started taking them. In my mind they were silly and unnecessary, I mean for crying out loud we are shooting down range, not at each other! In my mind P.C's were just bulky and silly and for the tacticool crowd that had tons of sick stuff on their rifles but couldn't figure out how to run their weapon light because they kept activating the strobe function and making themselves sick.

I still think carriers are bulky...especially when trying to do something like Junkyard prone and shooting under cars. The difference now is that after attending several classes and seeing experienced shooters have ND's from pushing the limits of their skill level, I now see plate carriers (when filled with plates) invaluable. If you have ever done a team tactics class (or have actually had to do it professionally) and had to clear a room with a buddy right on your back the thought "I hope he doesn't shoot my ass" has possibly gone through your mind. If your have ever been to a class and a fellow shooter has had issues with their rifle and gotten upset and frustrated turns and flags everyone in the class then chances are you have felt the unease that I have. If you have ever tossed a P.C or vest on for a class or your shift on a summer day then you know the discomfort that comes with wearing a vest or spine compressing weight that a set of rifle plates provides.

Even though I still have a decent amount of body exposed having those vitals and the largest part of my body covered is certainly comforting. Knowing that if I have a shot fired my way or catch some splatter from a steel target the ol' chest is covered certainly outweighs the plate and plate carrier for me. Even if the shoulders and back are sore for the next few days.

Recently I stumbled upon DKX Armor while cruising the World Wide Web and started doing some research and decided to give them a shot. I have been running them for a while now and can honestly say that they are one of the best investments I have made. They are extremely lightweight and have been excellent.

Here is my most recent write up about them for Guns & Tactics: http://www.gunsandtactics.com/next-level-body-armor.

I have more in the works and will post it up soon.

FortTom
12 April 2014, 22:05
I tried to find them for sale, but couldn't. Do you know what MSRP on a set-up like yours? Great review, BTW.

Thanks,

FT

DMViergever
12 April 2014, 22:29
The plates are right around 450 a piece. And the P.C. is about 150.