PDA

View Full Version : Legalities of a two point sling on ar pistol

Jfund20t
17 April 2014, 10:54
I'm new to ar pistols and was wondering if it is legal to run a two point sling on a pistol , I know a single point sling is ok .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoxyDave
17 April 2014, 12:41
I've never heard of any regulations regarding slings. Do your own research of course, but I personally wouldn't be concerned about it.

Check here for a FAQ, and there is a PDF available somewhere with the entirety of the NFA regulations. It's filled with lawyer-speak, but it only took me an afternoon to read. Dig around, I think I posted it some time ago on WEVO.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-firearms.html

Battle Cock
17 April 2014, 13:18
I'm new to ar pistols and was wondering if it is legal to run a two point sling on a pistol , I know a single point sling is ok .

I get the distinct impression that you've seen some discussion on the matter before. (Though I must say I've never heard slings discussed as a point of legal contention.) What exactly are you concerned that a two point sling will change in the legality of the pistol?

Jfund20t
17 April 2014, 15:06
I just didn't know if holding the sling in the forward position , would constitute a "vfg" . I prefer the two point sling to wrap around wrist , but didn't want to end up in the pokey !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk