PDA

View Full Version : FS2000

DepletedUranium
20 August 2007, 14:31
Has anyone had, or operated one and could let me know how it feels, operates and the pro's and con's please?

Fireman1291
8 September 2007, 11:40
Just handled it in a shop. It sits well in the hands, its not too heavy, Looks cool,takes AR mags. What more could you want.

BTW the mag change idea is awesome!

Stickman
8 September 2007, 12:30
I'm hesitant to say too much. I've handled them, but I've not fired any. In general, it didn't sit right with me.

Then again, other new weapon systems like the Masada and the older XM-8 have felt great to me. It could be a matter of training, or simply what I'm used to, but both of the above weapons immediately felt outstanding, while the FS200 failed to make a favorable impression with me.

Fireman1291
8 September 2007, 15:56
I prefer the look, feel, balance, adaptability, etc of my AR or any AR for that matter to the FS2000, however, for the "next" gen plastic battle rifle it doesnt look like that bad of an idea. Looks like P90 ergonomics in a 5.56mm size cartridge platform. The ease of the mag change technique, compactness, use of AR mags makes it look to be a better option than the failed XM8. Of course the 2K price tag makes it easy to decide to build a full custom, decked out AR over the FS2000. I'd like to own one to expand the variety of my collection, but its going to have to wait. Just my .02-Adam

[:)]

Fireman1291
8 September 2007, 16:02
ehhh,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_F2000

Its off my list......

John Hwang
26 September 2007, 18:11
I own an FS2000 and I like it. It feels natural when shouldered and features a comfortable cheek weld. Since the LOP isn't adjustable, the rifle may not feel comfortable to all users but it fits me great. The rail is slightly raised compared to the BUIS so co-witnessing is not possible with the EOTECH. The elevated rail is very similar in feel to the VLTOR CASV-EL & ARMS SIR Systems. I personally run a Trijicon Red dot but an Aimpoint without a spacer would work even better on the FS2000. One of the features I enjoy about the gun is that it is very ambidextrous. The safety, mag release & even the bullet casings fall gently out of the front of the gun. In urban warfare, you don't always have the luxury of shooting from your strong side. So training from both sides of the weapon is critical. I also like how easy they are to take apart and clean but being a piston system, I rarely clean it. After a shooting session, I just run a snake down the barrel and I'm done. The one feature that I keep wishing for is the last round bolt hold open.

30 September 2007, 01:17
Hi guys,
I have one, and like it a lot. Either you 'll like the bullpup or you don't.
For me, the pros are: very compact, highly maneuvered in tight space. It just feels great handling it. I have only shot it in one session, about 300 rounds, all rapid fire. It didn't miss a beat. And, like John said, very easy to take apart for cleaning.
The cons: For a $2k gun, the iron sights seem like afterthoughts. Mag well is tight. You'll have to forcibly pull the mag out, 'cause it won't drop free. For me, the last-round-bolt-stays-closed is not really a big deal.
Here's mine, with Eotech512, YHM front, and Troy rear BUIS.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y281/qavsiv/ERR//15ii.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/y281/qavsiv/ERR//15i.jpg

clasky
6 October 2007, 19:03
The magwell is tight because of the rubber gasket which seals it up. This feature is there to keep dust and debris from entering the action through the gaps between the magazine and the magwell. This gap is the main entry point for dust in the AR platform and has been blamed for a lot of stoppages in fights because the buildup fouls the action. This is especially true in the middle east where the sand is fine as talcom powder and gets EVERYWHERE. You can find it in the deepest, darkest crevices of every piece of kit on you or in your hands.

Todd Kramer
6 October 2007, 21:27
Clasky you are right on concerning the dust. I was in Somalia in '95. During a fight one night there were 2 screams of "corpsman up". We figured the guys were shot. We later found out that both cases were rifles blowing up in the faces of the operators (no major injuries at all). It was really windy that night and the sand was blowing like crazy. That sand gets EVERYWHERE.

sonrider657
12 October 2007, 17:12
The FN Engineers did a great job with the FS2000. While it looks strange to our eyes which have gotten used to seeing AR's for the last forty years, the features of the firearm are truly 21st century. This is the design our grandkids will be shooting (if Hilary doesn't take them all away).

Lancelot
24 November 2007, 12:24
I have heard stories of these overheating and cooking off rounds. I'm not sure that they are true, but I have no reason to disbelieve them. I'm a little sceptical of the ejection system.

But they do look cool as hell!

ranger55
12 February 2008, 17:52
I have one and enjoy shooting it very much. Like stated eariler you either like the bullpup or you don't it works for me. Balance is great compact and easy to clean, what little cleaning is needed. ejection has been very postive with my rifle. My only major complaint is the factory BUI sight are not great, this rifle realy needs optics or better iron sights. Mag change is different but I got past that very quickly. It's a keeper for me just need time to shoot it more.

sundowner41
3 August 2008, 18:07
We shot several hundred rounds through one. It functioned without a hiccup using cheap Wolff ammo. Aimed great for a bullpup design and didn’t take too much getting used to. Damned accurate if you do your part. My favorite part is how short it is. Short and handy and I really liked the ejection through the front “tube” or port. I’ve located one for sale on Gunbroker. It’s not mine and it is the best price I’ve seen and I’ve been looking for a while now. It’s really a great rifle.

CAPT KIRK
3 August 2008, 21:36
I have always loved everything FN has done and the FS2000 is cool, but I am a veteran and will stick with that which I know (AR/M4) in my sleep because under stress that is what I will function best with.

My favorite bullpup of all time is by far the Steyr AUG.

SHIHAN
5 August 2008, 06:44
If it took Pmags I would cough up the money for one :)

steve--oh
19 October 2008, 23:51
If it took Pmags I would cough up the money for one :)

you can get them to accept PMAGs, all you have to do is remove the rubber "waterproofing" liner on the inside. It will also make your mags drop free.

After an initial break in period that really pissed me off, my FS2000 runs 100%. But I still prefer an AR hands down. Something about the FN just makes me feel like I'm shooting a loaf of french bread.