PDA

View Full Version : Collapsable Stocks

SturmSoldaten
12 September 2008, 05:22
i am trying to pick out what stock i want on my carbine build. a standard 6 pos, VLTOR mod stock or a magpul UBR. now is the UBR worth the wait and the $260 price tag? how are the VLTORs? can you guys post some pics. thanks

Paulo_Santos
12 September 2008, 06:48
The UBR's are very nice, but IMHO, I prefer them in an SPR or Reece type. They are a little heavier than other stocks.

My favorite stock is the E-Mod stock. Great cheek-weld and decent price. The Magpul CTR is also another option.

jvencius
13 September 2008, 12:46
I agree about the Vltor EMod--it's neither the most compact stock, nor the lightest stock but it feels good and fits my needs very well. If you're like me and have ape-length arms, the ~1" longer LOP is nice and makes the stock useable without having it extended as far as it'll go. I installed the full EMod kit (came with a new buffer, spring, and buffer tube) on my Sabre M5 because it came stock with a commercial-diameter tube and couldn't be happier with it.

m24shooter
13 September 2008, 13:21
I like the VLTOR and have used them for a few years. I like the stock and it is very sturdy. Got enough room for 6 123s on board. Firm lock up, plenty of positions for shooting in shirt, LBV, or armor.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/m24shooter/100_0550id.jpg

bluedog
13 September 2008, 14:39
The Modstock would be my first choice, if it had a rubber butt pad similar to the EMod or the SOPMOD. It would be sweet if VLTOR would make it so.

Stickman
13 September 2008, 14:53
i am trying to pick out what stock i want on my carbine build. a standard 6 pos, VLTOR mod stock or a magpul UBR. now is the UBR worth the wait and the $260 price tag? how are the VLTORs? can you guys post some pics. thanks

Magpul makes a great stock, and so does Vltor. The issue of which one works best is going to be a personal matter that will probably involve how each stock feels to you. The UBR is a great stock, but it may not be a stock you would want on every weapon.

SturmSoldaten
23 September 2008, 12:15
are VLTOR stocks not made in OD green anymore? i cant find any

TehLlama
23 September 2008, 12:49
I can't decide between the EMOD and UBR... it'll be even worse once the ACS comes out, as it should supercede the SOMPOD stock in every way.

The lockup on my EMOD is fantastic, and it's likely going to end up as my wife's for good. My new UBR is also amazing, untouchable for ease of use with a TA31. I couldn't decide.

If price matters, the EMOD is still the best value in stocks out there. On lighter carbines, it's unbeatable (e.g. my wife's 14.7" Lightweight CMMG)
The UBR is worth it if you're a NTCH shooter for the unique features it provides, although if you want one, not being a ntch shooter shouldn't stop you. It's the best compromise between a PRS/M110 stock, and a 6 position, so they're untouchable for a Recce/SPR rifle.

jvencius
23 September 2008, 12:49

PROBLEM SOLVED (http://www.krylon.com/products/camouflage_paint_with_fusion_technology/)

TigerStripe
23 September 2008, 20:29

I have an original Modstock on my POF. It's a lighter OD than other gear.

PROBLEM SOLVED (http://www.krylon.com/products/camouflage_paint_with_fusion_technology/)

Rit Dye will work as well.

TS