PDA

View Full Version : My Newest Build (BCM, PSA, Hipertouch, etc)

XxMerlinxX
8 May 2014, 11:33
The other day I was doing some cleaning up around the house when I suddenly realized I had quite a few parts laying around with which to build a new AR. So I did. Specs on it are as follows:

1. Palmetto State Armory - Upper and lower receiver, bolt, extension tube, LPK minus fire controls
2. JP Enterprises Lightweight BCG
3. Hipertouch 24C Trigger with 2.7# springs installed
4. Bravo Company Gunfighter Mod 2 Grip
5. Bravo Company KMR13 Keymod Rail System
6. Magpul STR Stock and ASAP Endplate
7. Rainier Arms MEDCON 16" Stainless Barrel, 1/8 twist and polygonal 5R Rifling
8. Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle
9. Kies Adjustable Lo-Pro Gas Block
10. Ares Armour Effin-A MKII Adjustable Comp

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/XxMerlinxX/NewAR_zpsbfc4b598.jpg

Pyzik
8 May 2014, 12:52
Nice looking build. Not familiar with that trigger.

Computalotapus
8 May 2014, 13:07
Nice looking build. Not familiar with that trigger.

Hiperfire triggers are the bee's knees haha

Pyzik
8 May 2014, 13:24
Hiperfire triggers are the bee's knees haha

After looking them up, I realized I was. I am just used to seeing the red part on their triggers and disconnected the name. Never felt one, but have heard of them.

UWone77
8 May 2014, 13:27
I like the Hipertouch triggers. They work well during the time I used one. Adjustable as they come with 3 different spring strengths that you can swap out yourself.

I'd still put them a hair under Geissele though.

Ride4frnt
8 May 2014, 14:45
Looks mighty fine for having spare parts laying around. Wish I was in that situation.

XxMerlinxX
8 May 2014, 14:51
I was still short a barrel, rail, and trigger, but having everything else gave me a good excuse to buy the rest and put it together.

UWone77
8 May 2014, 14:53
I was still short a barrel, rail, and trigger, but having everything else gave me a good excuse to buy the rest and put it together.

How many builds start with much less though? I have an extra MOE Grip....[BD]

Ride4frnt
8 May 2014, 14:55
Yeah...I have a spare safety selector and a milspec grip. And I think a set of kns pins.

Then again, I'm not allowed by law to build anymore rifles. So I don't need any spare parts until I build me a matching 6.8 upper for my new rifle for deer.

XxMerlinxX
8 May 2014, 20:18
Then again, I'm not allowed by law to build anymore rifles.

What?

Ride4frnt
8 May 2014, 20:37
What?

Live in maryland brother. No longer allowed to build rifles. Can only buy rifles off the shelf if they are HBAR. Can't buy stripped lowers anymore. I can build uppers, just can't build anymore lowers.

The only loophole is that I can buy a 9mm lower (mag well permanently altered to not accept standard mags) or .308 lowers.

Know what really grinds me gears? I won the San Tan lower last night in the giveaway... Can't have it. Thankfully UWone77 is gonna work with me on something I can actually own.

XxMerlinxX
8 May 2014, 22:18
Jesus, what a pain in the ass. Sorry to hear that man.

FortTom
8 May 2014, 22:37
How many builds start with much less though? I have an extra MOE Grip....[BD]
haha..ha...ha.. Hell UW, I haven't even finished my new rifle, won a Parallax KMOD hand guard, and now feel obligated to enshroud it with a new upper/lower/barrel, etc..etc..:P

FT

mustangfreek
9 May 2014, 02:21
Nice build..

Ya ..someday id like to try a geisselle trigger....