PDA

View Full Version : My newest creation

rxer311
8 May 2014, 20:11
Just over 2 years ago I picked up a Bushmaster Carbon-15 from a local gun store. It was the first rifle I ever bought and only the second firearm. I shot it once, but was immediately hooked on the AR-15 platform. Soon after, I traded it in and started building my own rifles. I have built about 5 rifles now, but only hold on to the ones I really like. So here is a picture of my latest creation, as well as the 2 other AR-15's that sit beside it in my safe. I guess you can say that I got bit and am now infected.

My Latest Creation

This was designed to be a 3 gun style competition shooter.

Upper:
1. Lanco Tactical Stripped upper
2. WMD Nitride 16" midlength match barrel (1:8)
3. Midwest industries micro gas block
4. Rainier Arms Compensator (RAC)
5. BCM Mod 3 charging handle
6. AIM Surplus BCG
7. Diamondhead VRS-T 13.5 hand guard

Lower:
1. Lanco Tactical Gen 1 Lower
2. Umbrella Corp Grip
3. Magpul MOE Rilfe Stock
4. ALG FCG (plan on upgrading to a match trigger)

Optics: Have not decided yet, but leaning towards trying a Primary Arms prism scope in either 2.5x or 4x with a Primary Arms mini reflex.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n164/rxer311/P1050122_zpsbce06427.jpg

Now here is a family picture with my other rifles. The top rifle is my go to SHTF rifle and the middle one is going to be my home defense rifle once I get a light mounted.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n164/rxer311/P1050121_zps980e3f19.jpg

mustangfreek
9 May 2014, 02:20
Nice!

How do you like the feel of the fixed magpul stock, curious? Cheek weld, length?

Also how it shoots with the wmd 16" nitride barrel.

rxer311
9 May 2014, 08:09
I actually like the Fixed magpul MOE rifle stock. The cheek weld is great. It is not as good as an STR or ACS but still much better than a CTR. The length of pull is just slightly longer than I prefer on my carbines. I usually leave my adjustable stocks on the second hole setting. The length of this stock is equivalent to about the 3rd hole on an adjustable stock. The advantage is that it is rock solid. I feel it is a great option for a precision build without spending over $200 on a PRS or similar stock.