PDA

View Full Version : My NTD Build has started.

Computalotapus
10 May 2014, 13:58
Well race season has started and that means extra funds to build a new rifle. Been a long fall and winter and I think I have compiled a decent list of parts to make my next rifle build.

1. North Tech Defense Billet Receiver Set
2. Rainier Arms MilSpec Buffer Tube Assembly
3. Mission First Tactical Minimalist Stock
4. Tactical Link EBAL
5. Fortis QD End Plate
6. B.A.D E.P.S
7. B.A.D A.S.S
8. CMC Flat Trigger
9. Mission First Tactical Engage AR-15 Grip
10. Odin Works XMR Extended Mag Release
11. Misc. Lower Parts
12. Odin Works 223 Wylde Ultralite 16"
13. Odin Works Kmod Fore End
14. Naroh Keymod Handstop
15. Rainier Arms Mini Compensator - RMC 2.0 SS
16. IronViper USAF Forward Assist
17. Rainier Arms Raptor Ambi-Charging Handle 5.56
18. Carbine Length Gas Tube
21. Ares Armor NiB BCG
22. Daniel Defense Fixed Front Sight

This rifle will get some color work done as well. Some parts have been ordered already and still waiting to order others. Roughly going to be about 3-4 month project.

Edited for Barrel change.

browcs
10 May 2014, 14:00
So did you get the SRS after all is that still on the "to buy" list?

UWone77
10 May 2014, 14:06
I think he's been slacking and didn't even get that Vortex PST Viper 1-4x24 yet for his wife.... I predict the SRS will be the last purchase!

Computalotapus
10 May 2014, 14:11
I think he's been slacking and didn't even get that Vortex PST Viper 1-4x24 yet for his wife.... I predict the SRS will be the last purchase!

She stole my SPARC and has been using it. And she said she wanted another pistol ( M&P Shield ) before we buy her optic. It is all going to happen this summer. And you make me feel back about her PST :(

FortTom
10 May 2014, 14:13
Comp,
Do you know what color work you're going to have done?

I'm trying to get my light weight "voodoo" project lined up for Cerakote spray and Camo dipping. I'm going with foliage green (of similar), and then going to have it hydro dipped in ATAC's foliage. That color group would do well here in KY, for most, if not all of the year.

Just curious,

FT

UWone77
10 May 2014, 14:23
Comp,

Just a quick question... why a 13.7 ?

Computalotapus
10 May 2014, 14:34
Comp,
Do you know what color work you're going to have done?

I'm trying to get my light weight "voodoo" project lined up for Cerakote spray and Camo dipping. I'm going with foliage green (of similar), and then going to have it hydro dipped in ATAC's foliage. That color group would do well here in KY, for most, if not all of the year.

Just curious,

FT

FT this is going to be my rifle I use to go local 2-Gun shoots with. So thinking maybe having the rail, stock, and receiver set done in blue titanium. The barrel, buffer tube, xmr, ebs, and naroh keymod pieces done in red.

Comp,

Just a quick question... why a 13.7 ?

Because with the KX3 pinned it will bring the barrel to a little over 16" and with the 15.5" Odin Works rail it look nice

UWone77
10 May 2014, 14:41
Yeah I understand the KX3 part, for the 13.7, but it's just not a good combination for actual shooting. I had a couple of 13.7's and it was just not practical. Very front heavy for no gain.

I'd just go with the 14.5 or 16" NTD Barrel for your "NTD" build

Computalotapus
10 May 2014, 14:55
Yeah I understand the KX3 part, for the 13.7, but it's just not a good combination for actual shooting. I had a couple of 13.7's and it was just not practical. Very front heavy for no gain.

I'd just go with the 14.5 or 16" NTD Barrel for your "NTD" build

Any longer of a barrel and the KX3 doesn't tuck under the rail it just sticks out in front of it. Not the look I am going for. I could change the stock to like a UBR to add some weight to the back of it. If I change the barrel then the muzzle device and rail will have to change as well.

UWone77
10 May 2014, 14:59
So it's all about form, no function... not your style... but I'll still look at this thread everytime you update it.[:D]

Computalotapus
10 May 2014, 15:11
So it's all about form, no function... not your style... but I'll still look at this thread everytime you update it.[:D]

Well since you put it that way..... I guess I gotta go back to the drawing board. I just don't want to do an SBR to go to the shorter barrel to free up the weight. If I change the barrel going to go with a PWS FSC series muzzle device. ( GEMTECH ready yay )

Maybe I could go to the 14.5" barrel and just suck it up that another 1" of the KX3 will stick out. Maybe I just need to suck it up and do the right thing.

UWone77
10 May 2014, 15:18
Don't listen to me.... afterall, it's your build/money! If this is something you want, go for it. Sometimes you have to scratch that itch.

Besides, I doubt this will be your "last build" like you know, some guy named Fort Tom.

Computalotapus
10 May 2014, 15:23
Don't listen to me.... afterall, it's your build/money! If this is something you want, go for it. Sometimes you have to scratch that itch.

Besides, I doubt this will be your "last build" like you know, some guy named Fort Tom.

No I don't think I will ever say last build, but if I am going to spend the money and build it might as well do it right. And a balanced rifle is the only way to build it. I would be mad if I finished only to find out it was more top heavy than Dolly Parton.

FortTom
10 May 2014, 17:51

Hey, if I hadn't have lucked out and won a new Keymod rail, this build would be my last. I just had to adjust and make it my absolutely, positively, next to my very last one...

FT

browcs
10 May 2014, 19:46
Looking forward to reading your progress.....and yes, do listen to UW77.

akersc
10 May 2014, 20:10
Since I cannot quote all of you I will just post. You are all bad influences! Stop telling him to change things, ya'll are killing me! He needs to hurry up, because the next build is mine 😉.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soisauss
10 May 2014, 23:33

Le sigh................................Sadly, I said that when my buddy built my high dollar AR and now I have 2 in-progress making a total of 6 with another 3 planned... :( :P lol

very promising build, can't wait to see the end product!

mustangfreek
11 May 2014, 02:23
Nice pile of parts...Should be a good rifle..

Curious on tour take of the minimalist stock after some use?

Also gun might get a little forward heavy with such a small stock on it, , and no i dont know what it weighs just looks light.

UWone77
11 May 2014, 07:24
Since I cannot quote all of you I will just post. You are all bad influences! Stop telling him to change things, ya'll are killing me! He needs to hurry up, because the next build is mine 😉.

C,

You should have him build you your gun first and have him contribute his and your thoughts on my Building a Wife a Rifle Thread. I'm curious to see what kind of gun you'd want him to build for your use.

And I agree with mustang, interesting that the gun is going to be very front heavy, but use a MFT minimalist stock. A UBR would balance the gun, but that would just be a 9lb brick when you're done with it.

akersc
11 May 2014, 07:34
C,

You should have him build you your gun first and have him contribute his and your thoughts on my Building a Wife a Rifle Thread. I'm curious to see what kind of gun you'd want him to build for your use.

And I agree with mustang, interesting that the gun is going to be very front heavy, but use a MFT minimalist stock. A UBR would balance the gun, but that would just be a 9lb brick when you're done with it.

He did build my first gun. He is responding to you right now. I have to say, just let her touch everything and pick some things out. Help her, but don't tell her no unless you have a very good reason for it. Remember she doesn't know what is good and bad so be patient. Do this as a couple, but put her in charge, if you know what I mean. Jason had all of my gun parts picked out and then we went to Phase 5 and I got to actually see and feel some things and then my whole build changed. He did tell me no on a few things because they wouldn't work well with the rest or they were too heavy, as I was going light weight.

I love every aspect of my rifle now. It is perfect. You could also let her play on Gunstruction, then you can kind of get a feel for what she likes......

UWone77
11 May 2014, 07:46
You know, I completely forgot that UCWRG gun was yours. Speaking of.... UCWRG, I might have to go with their forged set for this.

Yeah I know what you're saying, I'm going to be hands off as much as possible. Like I said, she hasn't played with rifles at all, so I will let her pick the components that are comfortable for her. So far, I know she likes slim handguards.

akersc
11 May 2014, 07:50
I grew up with guns, I had just never built one. It was nice to have choices and it was even nicer to have help with all of them.

Ps if she gets crazy, pick 4 or 5 things that are good and let her pick from those. That way she doesn't pick on looks alone. Girls do that, we are crazy 😉

Airborne_EWO
11 May 2014, 08:17
Ps if she gets crazy, pick 4 or 5 things that are good and let her pick from those. That way she doesn't pick on looks alone. Girls do that, we are crazy

This is what I did for my wife. I gave her the option of several things that would work good together and go toward being lightweight. We also went to quite a few gun shows so that she could fondle stuff and get a feel for what works best for her.

Sent from the center of the universe!

akersc
11 May 2014, 08:19
This is what I did for my wife. I gave her the option of several things that would work good together and go toward being lightweight. We also went to quite a few gun shows so that she could fondle stuff and get a feel for what works best for her.

Computalotapus was just reading your post to me, I'm pretty sure your wife is my doppelgänger 😊

Airborne_EWO
11 May 2014, 08:24
Computalotapus was just reading your post to me, I'm pretty sure your wife is my doppelgänger 😊

Unfortunately, she didn't really grow up with guns so she got to the party a bit late. BUT, she has definitely more than made up for it. If I sat down and counted hers vs mine she would most likely have more :(

akersc
11 May 2014, 08:25
Unfortunately, she didn't really grow up with guns so she got to the party a bit late. BUT, she has definitely more than made up for it. If I sat down and counted hers vs mine she would most likely have more :(

Haha that happens, computalotapus build keeps getting pushed back so I can buy more 😁

Airborne_EWO
11 May 2014, 10:16
Haha that happens, computalotapus build keeps getting pushed back so I can buy more 😁

Oh the things we do...

akersc
11 May 2014, 10:18
Oh the things we do...

We have good men for sure! ☺️

Computalotapus
11 May 2014, 17:19
All changed up now. Took your advice and I do like the NTD barrel. Also the flutes give me some color options I didn't have earlier. Went with a 16" so I can play around with different muzzle devices and going to start out with the RA Mini RMC 2.0 SS. Guess I am just going to have to save this KX3 for an SBR PDW type build one day.....one day.

UWone77
11 May 2014, 17:47
The MFT Stock with a 15" rail and a KX3 would have just made the gun very unbalanced. Like I mentioned you'd need a SOPMOD or a UBR to balance that gun out, and it would probably be 10 + lbs loaded up. I don't think you were looking for that, so I'm secretly glad you took the suggestion... even if it is your money. [:D]

I think you made a wise choice. That KX3 will better serve you on a PDW type weapon with a barrel 10.5" or shorter. Besides, once the PDW project gets going, you know it's going to be your wife's gun, so who are we kidding?! These 2 are getting stocks once my SBR stamps come back.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/IMG_1363_zps9d3a7588.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/IMG_1363_zps9d3a7588.jpg.html)
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/1487825_10152161650164059_2104761452_o_zps2f91adf2 .jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/1487825_10152161650164059_2104761452_o_zps2f91adf2 .jpg.html)

Airborne_EWO
11 May 2014, 18:55
Probably a little late, but if you really like the fluting have you considered RA's select barrels with fluting? They have a SS one and the black one looks pretty sweet with the contrasting silver flutes.

Computalotapus
11 May 2014, 18:58
Probably a little late, but if you really like the fluting have you considered RA's select barrels with fluting? They have a SS one and the black one looks pretty sweet with the contrasting silver flutes.

Barrel is gonna get cerakoted red. Gonna black out the flute lines

Airborne_EWO
11 May 2014, 19:01
Barrel is gonna get cerakoted red. Gonna black out the flute lines

Ah, missed that part. Can't wait to see how the coloring turns out.

RiverRat
11 May 2014, 19:38
Comp, you make me smile.

That the two of us can go about spec/build in such different fashions, but both still end up happy with the results, is a great thing.

I really wish we could visit a range together and swap carbines back and forth for an afternoon

Computalotapus
11 May 2014, 19:40
Comp, you make me smile.

That the two of us can go about spec/build in such different fashions, but both still end up happy with the results, is a great thing.

I really wish we could visit a range together and swap carbines back and forth for an afternoon

To bad your state doesn't like my mag capacity... you are gonna have to come visit me haha

FortTom
11 May 2014, 19:54
Comp, you make me smile.

Not trying to hijack the thread, it really is fun to go to the range with 4 or 5 guys, each with 3 or 4 guns and just swap back and forth all day. Last time I went, a friend had a Sten - Yeah no kidding, modified to shoot semi-auto using an adapted AR trigger group. That was some serious "back yard engineering", and the thing shot great. Took me a few shots to figure out how to hold it, but the point is, it is fun for everyone to dump something out of a case or range bag for anyone to try....

FT[:D]

UWone77
11 May 2014, 20:02
Not trying to hijack the thread, it really is fun to go to the range with 4 or 5 guys, each with 3 or 4 guns and just swap back and forth all day. Last time I went, a friend had a Sten - Yeah no kidding, modified to shoot semi-auto using an adapted AR trigger group. That was some serious "back yard engineering", and the thing shot great. Took me a few shots to figure out how to hold it, but the point is, it is fun for everyone to dump something out of a case or range bag for anyone to try....

FT[:D]

This is your problem FT, you and your friends only have 3 or 4 guns to swap back and forth... it's all making sense now...[:D]

RiverRat
11 May 2014, 20:04
To bad your state doesn't like my mag capacity... you are gonna have to come visit me haha

Sigh, its a sad truth. We're working on that.

The federal trial to strike HB 1224 (the one limiting mag capacity) concluded on 4/11 and we're waiting on a ruling, though I haven't seen a timeframe for it. Plus the state did recall 2 senators and get a 3rd to resign (so the democratic party could assign the replacement, keeping the majority) - so there are a least a few avenues open to get that ludicrous legislation removed.

At least I don't live in NJ - from what I've seen they have new bills that classify Marlin Model 60s in .22 LR as "assault weapons." because the capacity of the tubular magazine exceeds 10 rounds. Wait a sec....that I've sunk to saying "at least I don't live in NJ" in the context of firearm law probably merits a trip over to my bourbon cabinet. Back soon.

Please carry on with the NTD design while I'm gone :)

Computalotapus
12 May 2014, 16:46
OneNote file for build along with prices to the parts. Blue Titanium Build (https://skydrive.live.com/redir?page=view&resid=C657FA8C3A68F941!4501&authkey=!AOmoZWge5m9bXe8)

FortTom
12 May 2014, 17:43
I don't have any experience with that type of rifle, but it'll be interesting to see it completed..
I've just started on my more "traditional" "patrol" rifle, and it's been fighting me from the start.. I've still got to do a little machining to set up the gas block. Hopefully, after that, parts will start to fall into place..

Keep us in the loop with some pics..It'll be interesting to see something out of the ordinary...[:D]

FT

browcs
13 May 2014, 17:31
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/browcs/Cartoons%20Jokes/ComputalotapusMeme_zpsfd528b31.jpg (http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/browcs/media/Cartoons%20Jokes/ComputalotapusMeme_zpsfd528b31.jpg.html)

Comp....listen to Jaxon, he knows things.

Computalotapus
13 May 2014, 17:50
Shhhhh not the wrong components.... just not the components she wanted... how else do you think I fund my builds haha

Computalotapus
20 May 2014, 05:25
Talked to Blowndeadline via email over the weekend and yesterday. I am going to ride down put a face to the username and drop off my parts that need cerakoted in mid-June. :)

UWone77
21 May 2014, 23:21
So what exactly is getting the cerakote treatment?

Computalotapus
22 May 2014, 04:14
So what exactly is getting the cerakote treatment?

Receiver set, rail, and stock will get kryptek pattern cerakote. Barrel, buffer tube, tactical link battery assist lever, and the naroh grip & barricade stops will be done in red.

GOST
22 May 2014, 04:30
My buddy that Cerakoted my rifle did his AK in Blue Titanium Kryptek. It turned out really good.

Computalotapus
22 May 2014, 04:44
My buddy that Cerakoted my rifle did his AK in Blue Titanium Kryptek. It turned out really good.

Nice. Going to use blue titanium as the main color for the kryptek. I could have used a local guy but blowndeadline is a member here on the forums. I have seen his work posted here and on IG and it is awesome. Also he lives here in MI and its just a short drive. Gives me a reason to drive down put a face to a name and not to far from him is Dakota Tactical. Always fun to go play with the H&K's Joe has around the shop.

edited to fix my fat finger mistakes made on the phone.

GOST
22 May 2014, 10:49
I've seen blowndeadline's work, very nice.

mustangfreek
23 May 2014, 02:43
Receiver set, rail, and stock will get kryptek pattern cerakote. Barrel, buffer tube, tactical link battery assist lever, and the naroh grip & barricade stops will be done in red.

Quite the color combo, interested to see how it finishes out..

Computalotapus
25 May 2014, 14:18
Receiver set ordered today. Hopefully it will be here this week. Just need to get the rail, buffer tube assembly, stock and barrel ordered. Then a quick drive down state to drop off for cerakote work.

UWone77
25 May 2014, 14:18
Receiver set ordered today. Hopefully it will be here this week. Just need to get the rail, buffer tube assembly, stock and barrel ordered. Then a quick drive down state to drop off for cerakote work.

Where'd you order it from?

Computalotapus
25 May 2014, 15:30
Where'd you order it from?

Rainier Arms of course...

GOST
26 May 2014, 07:13
Who's that Rainier Arms?

Computalotapus
29 May 2014, 16:38
This just in.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/ntdset.jpg

Will be ordering the buffer tube assembly and stock this coming weekend.

GOST
30 May 2014, 01:36
Looks good.

UWone77
30 May 2014, 21:01
The last thing I need is another receiver set, but the NTD looks so good. Mustangfreek showed me his lower he got today too. You guys are killing me.

mustangfreek
31 May 2014, 02:52
Nice Comp!!

Ya, like he said i managed to get one of these lowers today, it is a fine piece, im thinking im screwed now and have to get the upper to match...lol..

Computalotapus
31 May 2014, 07:38
Nice Comp!!

Ya, like he said i managed to get one of these lowers today, it is a fine piece, im thinking im screwed now and have to get the upper to match...lol..

Nice what are you building with it? I am highly impressed with overall finish on the set. Ordered the buffer tube assembly, stock and grip today. Next two purchases I will not be able to get from Rainier Arms :( ( Odin Works 15.5" KMod rail and my barrel ).

mustangfreek
31 May 2014, 19:15
Ya , they have a really nice finish to them and machining looks top notch.

Not sure what this will turn into, been thinking pistol as i dont have one, and WA just passed the SBR law and are getting the form 1 problem worked out, so that is an option that might work out next year..

Computalotapus
4 June 2014, 17:53
Mail Call from Rainier Arms

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/mft-buffer.jpg

XACT_ABORT
4 June 2014, 18:14
Good looking stuff, been monitoring your progress. Gotta love it when a plan comes together. Could you guys indulge a noob question? What is this Kryptec you speak of? Finish treatment?

Airborne_EWO
4 June 2014, 18:36
Could you guys indulge a noob question? What is this Kryptec you speak of? Finish treatment?

Kryptec is the camo pattern that they are putting on the rifle.

Computalotapus
4 June 2014, 18:38
Good looking stuff, been monitoring your progress. Gotta love it when a plan comes together. Could you guys indulge a noob question? What is this Kryptec you speak of? Finish treatment?
Kryptek is a camo pattern ( www.kryptek.com ) If you want to see some really cool cerakote jobs of Kryptek patterns you can look at blowndeadlines IG feed here (http://instagram.com/blowndeadline#).

And thank you.

XACT_ABORT
4 June 2014, 19:01
Hey thanks for the links... The blowndeadline stuff is pretty incredible. Really looking forward to the outcome now.

FortTom
4 June 2014, 19:09
Kryptek is a camo pattern ( www.kryptek.com ) If you want to see some really cool cerakote jobs of Kryptek patterns you can look at blowndeadlines IG feed here (http://instagram.com/blowndeadline#).

And thank you.

Hey thanks for the links... The blowndeadline stuff is pretty incredible. Really looking forward to the outcome now.

Awwww man, Comp, you told him...now you have to kill him. Crap, another good member down the drain.

XACT_ABORT
4 June 2014, 19:33
Awwww man, Comp, you told him...now you have to kill him. Crap, another good member down the drain.

Don't know about good member, but I did notice that I officially lost the "New Member" moniker. And don't kill me yet, I really want to see how this turns out. Those camo patterns make me think of Predator by the way.

So I have a touch of color blindness and admit I probably can't fully appreciate the entire range of colors particularly when they're similar in base. Comp, when you spec out the colors to use how many specifically different colors does this type of pattern support? Is it just two or more?

Computalotapus
4 June 2014, 19:38

haha well I like to see what people come up with as far as their builds. mine is really pieces and parts of what I have seen other people do.

Don't know about good member, but I did notice that I officially lost the "New Member" moniker. And don't kill me yet, I really want to see how this turns out. Those camo patterns make me think of Predator by the way.

So I have a touch of color blindness and admit I probably can't fully appreciate the entire range of colors particularly when they're similar in base. Comp, when you spec out the colors to use how many specifically different colors does this type of pattern support? Is it just two or more?

It will have 3 colors. I am thinking a Blue Titanium as my base, Black as my secondary, and Titanium as my accent. With red barrel, buffer tube, xmr, tactical link EBAL, and Naroh grip stops.

XACT_ABORT
4 June 2014, 20:02
haha well I like to see what people come up with as far as their builds. mine is really pieces and parts of what I have seen other people do.

It will have 3 colors. I am thinking a Blue Titanium as my base, Black as my secondary, and Titanium as my accent. With red barrel, buffer tube, xmr, tactical link EBAL, and Naroh grip stops.

Sounds awesome! I was thinking that what I was seeing from the pictures that there were probably more than the two colors that jump out at me initially. Like I said though it's hard for me to tell sometimes. There's quite a bit of potential there to do some really cool stuff.

One of the things that I didn't realize about the AR game initially was the extent that one could sort of be creative at a minimum by wading through the vast selection of off the shelf parts resulting in something that is truly their own. Not to take anything away from the overall functionality and intended purpose of a firearm at all, but this is a whole different level I hadn't paid attention to.

Comp, I hope you enjoy the process and I'm sure it's going to be great.

mustangfreek
8 June 2014, 14:13
Hey comp, just curious if you have played with different mags to see if your lower likes/dislikes whatever, as i just was playing with my newly acquired north tech lower that almost every gen 2 mag i tried and every gen 3 pmag would like not even insert all the way into the lower, the only one that was semi easy was a lancer awm and newer gi mag..

Computalotapus
8 June 2014, 14:28
Hey comp, just curious if you have played with different mags to see if your lower likes/dislikes whatever, as i just was playing with my newly acquired north tech lower that almost every gen 2 mag i tried and every gen 3 pmag would like not even insert all the way into the lower, the only one that was semi easy was a lancer awm and newer gi mag..

Once I get a all the lower parts I will give it a try. All I own is gen2 pmags.

UWone77
8 June 2014, 14:41
Maybe I wasn't paying attention before, but were you Air Force? For some reason I thought you were Army. I just noticed your parts list also has an Iron Viper USAF forward assist on it.

Computalotapus
8 June 2014, 15:03
Maybe I wasn't paying attention before, but were you Air Force? For some reason I thought you were Army. I just noticed your parts list also has an Iron Viper USAF forward assist on it.

Yep I was Air Force. Back in the day my MOS was called Security Police and the only part of my training that was actually USAF was Basic and then 6 weeks of Military Police training at Lackland. After that I spent the next 6 months on Army Posts for Air Base Ground Defense,Heavy Weapons, and some Urban Tactics training.

From what I hear now Security Police and Law Enforcement have been shoved into a single MOS ( Security Forces ) and the USAF does all the training.

The rest of the Air Force considered us step children. Ask Browcs....nobody in the Air Force liked SP's. It was a job for the confident, cocky, and arrogant. I fit right in haha.

Best thing was jacking up some light bird because he forgot the sign/counter sign for the day. And when he started trying to throw rank around the famous line of "Sir..my authority trumps your rank on this side of the line...now turn away from the resource, hands up and out spread your fingers and your feet"....ahh the good old days.

Computalotapus
9 July 2014, 16:38
Odin Works 15.5" Kmod Forend arrived today. Swapped some stuff around, going with Odin Works 16" SS Ultralite Barrel and RA SS RAC muzzle device. Parts are going off to cerakote soon.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/odinworks.jpg

camomike
9 July 2014, 19:39
Thing looks beast. gonna make on hell of a rifle

UWone77
10 July 2014, 19:26
You get an USAF F/A yet?

I think I have an extra one.

Computalotapus
10 July 2014, 19:38
You get an USAF F/A yet?

I think I have an extra one.

Nope haven't ordered it yet. Was going to be ordering all my lower parts this weekend. If you got one let me know how much.

This weekend will be

Tactical Link EBAL, Tactical Link Z-360, BAD EPS, BAD ASS, CMC Flat Trigger, and UCWRG LPK

mustangfreek
12 July 2014, 03:01
I cant remember if it was talked thru the other pages, and im lazy and not looking.but thought i would ask, as i was just playing with my north tech lower and tactical link EBAL and it will go on, but looks like it wont work, as the receiver is just thicker in the wrong spots and it wont let it rotate for enough because of the fat ass, thicker receiver....lol

Also pulled off a bad lever and it will completely not work due to its angle and such..sux as i wanted to run the tactical link bad lever also, but looks like that is not gonna happen. only bad device i seen on looking thru tons of pics on north tech;s facebook page was the phase 5 piece..

Anyways, just curious if you had mocked yours up.

Computalotapus
12 July 2014, 05:07
I cant remember if it was talked thru the other pages, and im lazy and not looking.but thought i would ask, as i was just playing with my north tech lower and tactical link EBAL and it will go on, but looks like it wont work, as the receiver is just thicker in the wrong spots and it wont let it rotate for enough because of the fat ass, thicker receiver....lol

Also pulled off a bad lever and it will completely not work due to its angle and such..sux as i wanted to run the tactical link bad lever also, but looks like that is not gonna happen. only bad device i seen on looking thru tons of pics on north tech;s facebook page was the phase 5 piece..

Anyways, just curious if you had mocked yours up.

Haven't even ordered my EBAL yet. If I can find a LPK minus the FCG for under $50 might order it this weekend. Heck all I need is the bolt catch assembly, magazine catch assembly, detent and detent spring. I could just order those from Brownell's will see how lazy I feel later haha

UWone77
12 July 2014, 06:18
I've had good luck with this LPK and it's under $50 w/o the FCG

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/woa-lpk-white-oak-armament-lower-parts-kit-no-trigger.html

Also have to plug my buddy Roy from Weapon Oufitters.

Computalotapus
12 July 2014, 07:17
I've had good luck with this LPK and it's under $50 w/o the FCG

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/woa-lpk-white-oak-armament-lower-parts-kit-no-trigger.html

Also have to plug my buddy Roy from Weapon Oufitters.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out when I get home.

Computalotapus
21 July 2014, 07:34
Odin Works 16" SS UltraLite Barrel, RA RMC 2.0 SS, and gas tube ordered this weekend. Parts should show up this week. Mid August parts will go to get cerakoted. Meanwhile still got a lot of little parts to order

Ride4frnt
21 July 2014, 08:23
Odin Works 16" SS UltraLite Barrel, RA RMC 2.0 SS, and gas tube ordered this weekend. Parts should show up this week. Mid August parts will go to get cerakoted. Meanwhile still got a lot of little parts to order

Earlier on you posted about using the SS RAC, wish I had seen that. I have a SS RAC I ordered by accident and UWone77 got me a black one so I have a spare SS I could've sent you.

Also, I know this is marked out of stock, but another member showed me this in my pistol thread. Uses the same WOA LPK that was mentioned earlier, you just get to choose your trigger, grip, etc as options if you want. I know it's not under 50 like you said considering you are getting the other things you'd buy otherwise I think it's a good deal

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/cool-guy-lpk-kit.html

Gonne get one of those for my pistol build with the ACT trigger and K2

camomike
21 July 2014, 08:54
Ride- how much were you looking for for the SS RAC? Still looking for a muzzle device for my build.

UWone77
21 July 2014, 09:33
Ride- how much were you looking for for the SS RAC? Still looking for a muzzle device for my build.

A SS RAC would look nice with the SS Fluted barrel.

camomike
21 July 2014, 10:26
Hoping RA still has a NIB match BCG when payday rolls around again. Sorry about the thread hijack...

Ride4frnt
21 July 2014, 11:18
A SS RAC would look nice with the SS Fluted barrel.

It sure is going to. Sent him out the SS RAC today.

Computalotapus
21 July 2014, 12:30
haha no worries yeah I was going to use the RAC but the wife said she wanted to use one for her pistol build so I opted for the RMC just to try something different I figured at the price if it works it works if it doesn't I don't have that much into it.

For the lower parts stuff I opted to just purchase all the misc pieces I need from brownells and ordered all colt parts.

bolt catch, bolt catch spring, bolt catch pin, magazine catch, magazine catch spring, grip screw that is really all I need for the lower parts. I have a BAD-ASS, and BAD -EPS on the list to purchase along with the CMC trigger don't think I needed to pull a whole lpk just to get those few parts.

Yeah I am hoping the RA NiB match BCG is in-stock when I go to order if not I will pick up a BCG from somewhere else. Next week will be the BAD-ASS and BAD-EPS hope they are in stock at RA if not will order directly from BAD.

Computalotapus
25 July 2014, 10:28
new parts in

Odin Works 16" SS Ultralite Barrel

RA RMC

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/barrel.jpg

UWone77
25 July 2014, 10:44
No NTD barrel?

Computalotapus
25 July 2014, 11:01
NTD barrel is over half a pound heavier than the Odin Works barrel. I am trying to keep the weight mostly centered on the rifle with just a little bit of it being forward. I felt the half pound heavier barrel would have put to much weight forward on this build. The backside of this rifle is extremely light. So once again function over looks wins again.

UWone77
25 July 2014, 11:40
I'll throw in the USAF FA with your WEVO Pmags when they come in.

Computalotapus
25 July 2014, 12:07
I'll throw in the USAF FA with your WEVO Pmags when they come in.

Cool deal, again thanks a ton for the FA. Anyone need a Ti-FA from a NTD upper? haha

Ride4frnt
25 July 2014, 18:56
Cool deal, again thanks a ton for the FA. Anyone need a Ti-FA from a NTD upper? haha

Hmmm... May go real nice on my pistol.

Computalotapus
26 July 2014, 04:59
Hmmm... May go real nice on my pistol.

Done. I will pull the Ti off when I get the one from UWone77

Ride4frnt
26 July 2014, 05:21
Much obliged.

Computalotapus
26 July 2014, 08:00
Small parts ordered today. Things will slow down a little bit. Kids need back to school stuff and the wife and I are going to take a trip to tour the DMO shop and Jason Winnie's leather shop.

Computalotapus
1 August 2014, 19:43
Small parts from White Oak Armament came in earlier this week. BAD-EPS should be here Monday. Tonight ordered Stainless Steel BAD-ASS (Standard/Short) levers from Battle Arms Development and Daniel Defense Fixed Front Sight from RA. Would have ordered my CMC Trigger but it was out of stock at RA. Next week if it isn't in stock we will call Jennifer directly at CMC and place the order with them. Going to swap out the Tactical Link sling plate for a Fortis QD plate. Once all these parts come in will be sending it off to blowndeadline to get cerakoted. End of September early October this rifle might be done. Would be nice to take it to Missouri in October.

Computalotapus
4 August 2014, 15:47
BAD-EPS came in today. BAD-ASS and DD Front Sight should be in later this week. Just need sling plate, hand stop, trigger, and bcg then it is off to cerakote.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/badeps.jpg

mustangfreek
5 August 2014, 02:01
Dont know about you but this is me, when goodies show up......[:D]

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/eb/eb0ccb8570ad4d3eb33db3ae53a8daccf7ec961dd36000fae2 01769c0f3b89c4.jpg

Computalotapus
6 August 2014, 18:05
Dont know about you but this is me, when goodies show up......[:D]

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/eb/eb0ccb8570ad4d3eb33db3ae53a8daccf7ec961dd36000fae2 01769c0f3b89c4.jpg

HaHa I think the kid that gets the mail and my wife are tired of me asking if the mail has came yet.

Today the Fortis QD end plate came today. Tracking info for the BAD-ASS from Battle Arms shows it is still in Vegas, tracking info for the DD Front Sight from RA says it might be here Friday :(.

Lower receiver doesn't drop the mag out when released. Talked to Dustin over at NTD, going to be swapping the lower out for one that doesn't have that issue.

3 more parts to go... trigger, bcg, grip stop.

Ride4frnt
6 August 2014, 18:11
HaHa I think the kid that gets the mail and my wife are tired of me asking if the mail has came yet.

Today the Fortis QD end plate came today. Tracking info for the BAD-ASS from Battle Arms shows it is still in Vegas, tracking info for the DD Front Sight from RA says it might be here Friday :(.

Lower receiver doesn't drop the mag out when released. Talked to Dustin over at NTD, going to be swapping the lower out for one that doesn't have that issue.

3 more parts to go... trigger, bcg, grip stop.

Not sure if you need a fancy BCG for this build but AIM has no frills NIB BCG's for $100 shipped right now. Picked one up for myself. Phosphate groups for $80

Computalotapus
6 August 2014, 18:18
Not sure if you need a fancy BCG for this build but AIM has no frills NIB BCG's for $100 shipped right now. Picked one up for myself. Phosphate groups for $80

Good looking out, but I have a decent deal with Jeremy from Ares Armor for one of their NiB BCG's.

Ride4frnt
6 August 2014, 18:28
Good looking out, but I have a decent deal with Jeremy from Ares Armor for one of their NiB BCG's.

Damn, they are only $100 as well. Reckon I missed the boat on that one.

Computalotapus
7 August 2014, 10:56
Arrived today
http://www.computalotapus.com/images/ddfortis.jpg

mustangfreek
7 August 2014, 14:09
Coming along nicely.

I ditched my NTD lower as i was saying before any gen pmag or lancer mag were very tight and would not even come close to dropping free. Also tactical link Ebal would not work..maybe i should of contacted them , but my other thread..lol had me tired of dealing with companies at the moment..

Glad they helped out...Looking forward to see the end result in this build.....Hurry Up ..!!!.....lol

Computalotapus
7 August 2014, 16:36
Quick mock up. waiting on the BCG, Trigger Control Group and the Naroh hand stop.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/mockup.jpg

mustangfreek
8 August 2014, 01:45
Nice!!

Curious what it will weigh when done. Is it sorta nose heavy? that mft stock looks light.

Computalotapus
8 August 2014, 04:50
Nice!!

Curious what it will weigh when done. Is it sorta nose heavy? that mft stock looks light.
The way it sits now it is heavier in the rear. Granted the gas block and tube isn't installed. I think it will end up being slightly stockside heavy.

camomike
8 August 2014, 07:01
It's pretty. Very nice build man.

Computalotapus
9 August 2014, 13:14
It's pretty. Very nice build man.

Thanks man. It is coming along nicely, can't wait to send it out and get it back from cerakote. BCG was ordered today.

Also this came in the mail today: Stainless Steel Ambi Selector from Battle Arms Development.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/ambi.jpg

UWone77
9 August 2014, 20:33
Quick mock up. waiting on the BCG, Trigger Control Group and the Naroh hand stop.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/mockup.jpg

Is that the optic you're going to stick with ?

Computalotapus
10 August 2014, 05:10
Is that the optic you're going to stick with ?

Yes. I was originally going to go with a Trijicon SRS but started reading reviews. Honestly for a $900 optic you would expect 5 stars across the board and especially for an optic from Trijicon. To many little things just put me off on their optic. Then I thought maybe an Aimpoint PRO, solid reviews proven reliability. At this point is when I asked myself why do I need another optic and to be honest I couldn't come up with a good reason. I have beat on this Vortex SPARC for over a year. Multiple trips to the range and running drills and scenarios it has held up. Probably the best warranty from the manufacturer and I have not had to use it.
I took a note from Rob and my HD rifle is stock bare bones KISS mentality because if/when I ever have to use it I don't need to be worrying about something not working. We bought an optic for the wife's rifle and I had this SPARC as an extra optic laying around. I am sure down the road this rifle will see other optics and but right now I don't have a reason not to use the Vortex. I have thought about the Aimpoints, EOTechs, even the IDF optic but nothing stands out and says that I need to get a new optic. Honestly tho I would lean on the SPARC II more than the others at this moment if I was to pick up a different optic. I really like this optic and the company.

Computalotapus
15 August 2014, 05:07
NiB BCG from Ares Armor, USAF forward assist from Iron Viper donated to me by UWone77 (thanks again man really appreciate it), and I think the WEVO PMags will go nicely with this build. Got some stippling to do on them.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/nib-bcg.jpg

rob_s
15 August 2014, 05:37
I took a note from Rob and my HD rifle is stock bare bones KISS mentality because if/when I ever have to use it I don't need to be worrying about something not working. We bought an optic for the wife's rifle and I had this SPARC as an extra optic laying around. I am sure down the road this rifle will see other optics and but right now I don't have a reason not to use the Vortex. I have thought about the Aimpoints, EOTechs, even the IDF optic but nothing stands out and says that I need to get a new optic. Honestly tho I would lean on the SPARC II more than the others at this moment if I was to pick up a different optic. I really like this optic and the company.

No surprise, I support this line of thinking.

I always thought of my "HD gun" as the conclusion of a whole bunch of fiddle-fart with my toy guns. Call it my own private T&E process.

What has been interesting, to me at least, is how little of the fiddle-fart actually makes it's way onto the HD gun. Like, almost none. The SBR from my Tale of Two Carbines article from years ago has barely changed, with only the type of Redimag (using the new aluminum one now), the charging handle (BCM Gunfighter), and the light (X300). I have had probably $10s of thousands of dollars of other crap come through my hands, and gotten to see and shoot 10x that in other shooter's guns, and nothing really impresses me.

KevinBLC
15 August 2014, 22:21
You sure the mini comp is what you want on a 16" ? I don't have one, but all the vids I've seen on that comp shows that it's a fire breather. I'm curious what you think of it after you use it. I was thinking about it for a shorty, but it would probably be worse on a short barrel.

Computalotapus
16 August 2014, 04:53
You sure the mini comp is what you want on a 16" ? I don't have one, but all the vids I've seen on that comp shows that it's a fire breather. I'm curious what you think of it after you use it. I was thinking about it for a shorty, but it would probably be worse on a short barrel.

99.9% of the shooting done with this rifle will be done in daylight so fire breathing will not be a huge concern.

This is the rifle I am going to use for local 2-Gun competitions. It is also going to be the rifle that I T&E different parts with. As Rob likes to call it the "fiddle-fart" rifle.

Will use my HD rifle for all of my training (HD/Low Light) classes. That is the platform I want to train with as it is simple. I figure build a solid foundation and the fundamentals will transfer over to my competition shooting. No entering competitions to win but to use it as a means to get out shoot, learn and have some fun. I will be building a SBR PDW rifle soon that will replace my current HD rifle, look for it to just be a shorter simple version of the current HD rifle.

Computalotapus
18 August 2014, 19:08
Naroh Arms Keymod Handstop came in today...just waiting on the CMC trigger to come in

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/naroh.jpg

UWone77
18 August 2014, 19:14
Kind of an odd request... but can you take a pic of the feed ramps on the upper when you get a min?

Ride4frnt
18 August 2014, 19:34
Naroh Arms Keymod Handstop came in today...just waiting on the CMC trigger to come in

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/naroh.jpg

Looks good!

Computalotapus
18 August 2014, 19:37
Kind of an odd request... but can you take a pic of the feed ramps on the upper when you get a min?

No problem

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/feedramps.jpg

Computalotapus
21 August 2014, 14:42
Last part woot! Man I am more excited for this part than any other part of the build.

CMC 3.5lb Flat Trigger

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/cmctrigger.jpg

Traveling down state to drop off all these parts to blowndeadline along with the slide to my M&P9 to get some cerakote magic applied to it. Can not wait.

mustangfreek
21 August 2014, 18:01
Sweet...Im eye'ing that same trigger myself..never had a "good" trigger per say, but this next build i told myself F' it...lol

Youll have to update as to how the trigger works for ya.....

looking forward to seeing how the kryptec turns out........:P

Computalotapus
23 August 2014, 19:47
Took a road trip down state and dropped all the stuff off with Blowndeadline for cerakote.

Got to spend a couple hours talking with him and man I am excite to see his upcoming project. It is going to be bad ass. Cant wait to get mu stuff back as well. Was really great getting to hang out and hear his story, see his projects from past to present, very down to earth dude. I will definitely be taking more stuff to him in the future.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

KevinBLC
24 August 2014, 19:09
How much is the cerakote gonna cost?

Computalotapus
24 August 2014, 19:39
How much is the cerakote gonna cost?

Kryptek Pattern (primary color blue titanium, secondary color crimson/blood red, highlight color stainless steel) on receiver set, stock and rail. Buffer tube, buffer tube castle nut, BAD Enhanced Takedown Pins, CMC Anti-Roll pins, magazine catch assembly, bolt catch assembly cerakoted in stainless steel color. Fortis QD sling plate, CMC Trigger, Odin Works XMR, Barrel nut, gas block done in Crimson/Blood red. All that for $350. Getting the slide to my M&P 9mm to match for $85

These will be strictly used for local competitions. Everyone is all SWAT'd out at these shoots thought I would actually bring something that says competition not tacticool.q

FortTom
25 August 2014, 06:16
Last part woot! Man I am more excited for this part than any other part of the build.

CMC 3.5lb Flat Trigger

I bought the CMC 3.5 flat trigger for the gun I just finished. I'm anxious to get it to the range and see if the "flat" trigger is going to be impressive, or a bust. I do have a CMC curved trigger in another very similar gun, and I do like it very much. Just dry firing, though, I thought it would at least cause me some psychological effect, e.g., good/weird/different/bad, but it felt very natural.

FT

mustangfreek
26 August 2014, 00:24
Same here, i want a good trigger for the next build,and that is the same trigger i keep coming back to...

Computalotapus
28 August 2014, 16:08
Mike said my stuff would be ready next week. Will go down next weekend to pick it all up.

Gaspipeshooter
29 August 2014, 07:00
Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out...

Computalotapus
3 September 2014, 12:19
Got some teaser photos from blowndeadline

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/blndl.jpg

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/blndl1.jpg

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/blndl2.jpg

camomike
3 September 2014, 12:37
Jebus, that looks awesome. Didn't realize you were going with that much red as an accent. I really like it.

KevinBLC
3 September 2014, 12:43
I'm not feeling this one... but it's your money and gun! I'm still gonna follow the thread!

FortTom
3 September 2014, 12:46

CMC 3.5lb Flat Trigger

Traveling down state to drop off all these parts to blowndeadline along with the slide to my M&P9 to get some cerakote magic applied to it. Can not wait.

I just got to try the CMC flat trigger last weekend. Although I only got to shoot 200 or so rounds, this trigger definitely got my attention. Especially rapid fire. Groups were much tighter than I expected with a Voodoo Arms "Ultra Light" barrel, but that could be a function of the gun itself. But I think I'm on to something special here. I was absolutely able to shoot tight groups with very little conscience thought of the trigger. Can't describe it, actually, and of course I can't promise you'll get the same results, but this is the best money I've spent on a trigger in a long time.

FT

Ride4frnt
3 September 2014, 15:13
I just got to try the CMC flat trigger last weekend. Although I only got to shoot 200 or so rounds, this trigger definitely got my attention. Especially rapid fire. Groups were much tighter than I expected with a Voodoo Arms "Ultra Light" barrel, but that could be a function of the gun itself. But I think I'm on to something special here. I was absolutely able to shoot tight groups with very little conscience thought of the trigger. Can't describe it, actually, and of course I can't promise you'll get the same results, but this is the best money I've spent on a trigger in a long time.

FT

Y'all are killin me. Was gonna go the ALG route on my pistol but I think I'm convinced I need this.

Aragorn
3 September 2014, 17:09
Got some teaser photos from blowndeadline

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/blndl.jpg

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/blndl1.jpg

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/blndl2.jpg

Doooooooooooood. That's cool.

Battle Cock
3 September 2014, 17:16
Doooooooooooood. That's cool.

Amen and amen.

XACT_ABORT
3 September 2014, 17:23
Comp thanks for the pics. I was hoping to see something on this. The Kryptek patterns are really interesting to look at although I'm color blind as F. Congrats man looks to be a sweet pile of parts.

Computalotapus
3 September 2014, 17:35
Thanks everyone!

I'm not feeling this one... but it's your money and gun! I'm still gonna follow the thread!

I understand man. This rifle was purpose built for me to take to local competition 2-Gun shoots. If I was to take a dynamic rifle course I think I would grab my M&P 15 and use that instead of this. But being that this is going to only be a competition rifle for me I thought I would do something with some flare to it. I personally like the color combination as they have a sentimental meaning to me.

And with that blowndeadline sent some more teasers with some of the small parts installed.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/blndl3.jpg

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/blndl4.jpg

Gaspipeshooter
3 September 2014, 17:36
Definitely has a "Patriotic" feel to it with the colors. I can't wait to see it all together.

Aragorn
3 September 2014, 18:02
350$ you said? Hmmmm.....

Computalotapus
3 September 2014, 18:11
350$ you said? Hmmmm.....

Yep check his website for pricing as well.

www.blowndeadline.net

UWone77
3 September 2014, 18:12
I still think this needed a NTD Barrel [:D]

browcs
3 September 2014, 18:52
Nice!

Aragorn
3 September 2014, 19:13
Www.blowndeadline.net

.com was I'm pretty sure not where you meant to send people.[BD]

Computalotapus
3 September 2014, 19:25
Www.blowndeadline.net

.com was I'm pretty sure not where you meant to send people.[BD]

Thanks I fixed the post as well.

I am beat man not thinking straight.

jojo_got_mojo
3 September 2014, 20:03
Damn. That is going to be one wicked rifle!

Ride4frnt
3 September 2014, 20:08
Making me wanna get mine sent up there like now! I'm still in between colors, what is known is that blowndeadline is coating it.

mustangfreek
4 September 2014, 04:05
Really liking the kryptec pattern ... as i see more and more stuff painted in it..

GaSwamper
4 September 2014, 05:26
Im usually not a fan of non earth tone weapons but this thing is great. For a competition gun the color scheme is outta this world, if you were shooting for patriotic you did good sir.

Computalotapus
4 September 2014, 12:05
More teasers... I will be taking the barrel, RMC, Vortex SPARC, and MFT grip down this weekend for complete assembly in blowndeadline's shop. The set screws for the CMC pins are going to be done in stainless steel to match the rest of the small parts. Slide to the M&P 9 will be done before Sunday to match the rifle as well.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/blndl5.jpg

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/blndl6.jpg

MoxyDave
4 September 2014, 16:01
That looks bad ass. Great job!

blowndeadline
7 September 2014, 13:30
I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet Jason and Christina in person as well as getting to cerakote the rifle. It was a fun project and definitely look forward to more projects like this is the future!!

Ride4frnt
7 September 2014, 14:40
I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet Jason and Christina in person as well as getting to cerakote the rifle. It was a fun project and definitely look forward to more projects like this is the future!!

If only I wasn't 800 miles away id come up and meet ya instead of shipping my receivers

Computalotapus
7 September 2014, 15:12

Was awesome getting to meet you and see the projects you had going on. Looking forward to bringing more stuff your way. I know for sure the AR Pistol and my SBR build will be passing threw your shop. Can't wait to see the finish on your personal project you have going on might have to order something up similar.

All assembled minus the CMC Triggers set screws for the anti walk pins. Those will get mailed back to me with my slide for my M&P 9. Due to a nasty storm in Mike's area he has been without power for several days.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/finished.jpg

Aragorn
7 September 2014, 16:12
In that light it looks Resident Evil ready. Achievement unlocked.

Gaspipeshooter
7 September 2014, 18:18
Spectacular!

mustangfreek
8 September 2014, 04:20
Plus 1 for rockin the WEVO pmag...[:D]

MoxyDave
8 September 2014, 12:14
Very nice. These colorful builds don't seem to get a lot of love here on WEVO but I really dig 'em.

Ride4frnt
8 September 2014, 12:36
Comp, what color is the buffer tube, and the small parts? Titanium? Thinking that's gonna be the color of my receivers.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw your color breakdown post

Computalotapus
8 September 2014, 13:02
Very nice. These colorful builds don't seem to get a lot of love here on WEVO but I really dig 'em.

The wife has an FDE rifle and my go to rifle is the S&W M&P 15 that I have in black. I figured if its gonna be a 2 Gun competition gun the least I could do is make it look like a race gun. Maybe I spent to much time by the exhaust end of top-fuel and funny cars at the 1/4 mile track growing up but all the race cars had wild paint schemes.

akersc
8 September 2014, 16:29

And I got a hug, that was worth the trip alone ☺️ it was very nice meeting you and I can't wait to work on the next project with you. This one will be called Secret Squirrel (Jason won't know till we pick it up)

Gaspipeshooter
9 September 2014, 04:22
"Christina's Gun" made the NTD Facebook page!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10640997_809294949092316_1645497141475172012_n.jpg ?oh=9c9ddec8b8dbce76c50daf94aec3de19&oe=549CFA22&__gda__=1418312008_44c592d13edef279e130cef4d9bdbf4 d

Computalotapus
9 September 2014, 04:32
:) Dustin and John really liked this build.

mustangfreek
9 September 2014, 18:05
Wheres the pics of the matching piece to this puzzle.....[:D]

Computalotapus
9 September 2014, 19:20
Wheres the pics of the matching piece to this puzzle.....[:D]

Ships tomorrow haha along with the set screws for the CMC trigger

camomike
9 September 2014, 19:32
Wow, turned out a darker finish than I thought it would be. Looks slick though.

Computalotapus
11 September 2014, 09:56
Goal was to build a lightweight rifle that I could take to local 2-gun matches. I think a 6lbs 9.8oz rifle that balances at the magwell is worthy of being called a successful build. It was a fun build and I am going to take her out to the range this weekend to zero and run her through some stages.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/weight.jpg

Next post from me on this thread will be the range report might even put in some video too.

mustangfreek
11 September 2014, 17:47
Haha..was actually gonna ask how heavy it turned out...6 1/2 pounds roughly should make for a nice rifle for what your gonna do..

UWone77
12 September 2014, 12:14
If you guys like Comps cerakote job, blowndeadline was kind enough to throw in a $400 certificate for a custom cerakote job.

Computalotapus
14 September 2014, 15:32
Well had some things going on at the club today couldn't run the course so I went over to the static rifle range. 6 rounds to zero at 50 yds. Another 6 rounds to confirm zero out to 100 yds. Loaded 5 rounds into 3 mags and did some medium tempo runs on steel silhouettes at 75 and 100 yards worked paper targets at 50 and 25 yards. Made sure empty mags fell free and bolt locked to the rear after the last round. Reloaded the mags with 5 rounds again. Picked up the pace 3 round rapid fire center mass, double taps to head area on 25 and 50 yard targets, quick reload 5 shot rapid fire on steel silhouettes at 75 yards. All in all about 140 rounds through it today.

No issues what so ever with the rifle. Ran some surplice green tip ammo, some PMC bronze 55gr and some Herbert (dirty cheap ammo). The rifle ate all types of ammo that I fed it and didn't have any issues with cycling the next round or locking to the rear. All 3 kinds of ammo formed a nice pile about 7 feet away to my 4 o'clock position. The CMC trigger feels great and I think it is worth every bit of money I paid for it. The Rainier Arms RMC surprisingly reduced the muzzle rise significantly more than I thought it would and the felt recoil was easily managed. And from what everyone else said it still spit fire all over the place. I am extremely happy with how the rifle performed and how easy it was to transition from target to target at various ranges.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/range_ntd.jpg

GaSwamper
14 September 2014, 16:00
Nothin like a rifle that works like it is spose to. Glad to see everything running smooth and at that weight I bet she's a joy to carry.

mustangfreek
15 September 2014, 02:52
Glad to hear your build finished smoothly, went out to run my new pistol and had all sorts of problems...My first experience wit ha short barrel AR..Got a few ideas fro ma former member and hoping to get back out and test some more..

Gaspipeshooter
15 September 2014, 05:14
Glad to hear your build finished smoothly, went out to run my new pistol and had all sorts of problems...My first experience wit ha short barrel AR..Got a few ideas fro ma former member and hoping to get back out and test some more..

MF, would you please expound on the issues you encountered? I'm curious what kind of issues you were having, and what the potential fixes might be, especially since my pistol will be up and running soon.

Ride4frnt
15 September 2014, 11:22
MF, would you please expound on the issues you encountered? I'm curious what kind of issues you were having, and what the potential fixes might be, especially since my pistol will be up and running soon.

2x. Please expound.

Sidebar: I think I've decided on 11.5".

mustangfreek
16 September 2014, 03:55
2x. Please expound.

Sidebar: I think I've decided on 11.5".

here you go...since i buggered up comps thread....lol......http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6191-Rainier-Arms-build&p=61695#post61695

Computalotapus
16 September 2014, 04:54
here you go...since i buggered up comps thread....lol......http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6191-Rainier-Arms-build&p=61695#post61695

Haha no you didn't we are all here to help each other out :(