PDA

View Full Version : Geissele Automatics Enhanced Triggers - Brownells Excusives

UWone77
12 May 2014, 20:29
Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-bottom-metals/triggers/b-g2s-e-geissele-2-stage-enhanced-trigger-sku100014358-67223-138461.aspx?sku=100-014-358&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-CJ-_-11552299&cm_lm=matthewshazard@yahoo.com&cm_mmca1=BR_NewProducts_050814%20(1)&spMailingID=8824806&spUserID=Mjg4ODIyNTU3OTAS1&spJobID=264131767&spReportId=MjY0MTMxNzY3S0&source=CJ&aid=5572421) is now offering 2 Geissele Automatics triggers that are exclusive to them: The Geissele (http://geissele.com/) 2 Stage Enhanced (B-G2S-E) and the Geissele Rapid Fire (B-GRF) The enhanced 2 stage is equivalent to an enhanced version of the G2S, while the B-GRF is the S3G equivalent. Much like the G2S line, these are "value" editions of their triggers. They are not laser engraved, and batch MP tested. They are however, priced at a lower priced point and are an excellent value. Checkout Geissele Automatic (http://geissele.com/)s and Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-bottom-metals/triggers/b-g2s-e-geissele-2-stage-enhanced-trigger-sku100014358-67223-138461.aspx?sku=100-014-358&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-CJ-_-11552299&cm_lm=matthewshazard@yahoo.com&cm_mmca1=BR_NewProducts_050814%20(1)&spMailingID=8824806&spUserID=Mjg4ODIyNTU3OTAS1&spJobID=264131767&spReportId=MjY0MTMxNzY3S0&source=CJ&aid=5572421) for more information and ordering.

Description:

B-G2S-E
The Geissele 2 Stage Enhanced Trigger (B-G2S-E) provides superior control and helps accuracy while maintaining the robustness and reliability that Geissele triggers are known for. The B-G2S-E gives a smooth, light 1st stage take up of 2.3lbs and a crisp, candy-cane-like 2nd stage break of 1.2lbs. The B-G2S-E is ideal for use in precision Squad Designated Marksman type rifles where weapon accuracy and reliability are critical.

B-GRF (Geissele Rapid Fire)
The Geissele Rapid Fire Trigger (B-GRF) was developed to give semiautomatic-only rifles a glass-smooth trigger pull very similar to the Geissele Super Select Fire (SSF) trigger designed for the U.S. Special Operations Community . The B-GRF is a fast-shooting, smooth trigger ideal for 3 Gun competition and recreational shooting alike. It pulls like a single-stage, but resets like a two-stage. Two trigger springs are included so the B-GRF can be set up with a pull of either 4 lbs or 3.2 lbs. Does NOT convert semiautomatic rifles to automatic.

Note: The B-GRF trigger has a very short, light pull and reset. It is not recommended for bench rest shooting or shooting small groups. It is designed for CQB-style rapid target engagement and quick follow up shots.

Specifications:

Steel, black finish. Fits semi automatic AR-15/M16 receivers with .154" diameter hammer and trigger pin holes. May be installed on AR-style .308 rifles that accept AR-15 triggers. Kit includes trigger and hammer assemblies, springs, hammer pin, tube of grease and installation instructions.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/l_100014357_4_zpscbdf442e.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/l_100014357_4_zpscbdf442e.jpg.html)

Judicator
14 May 2014, 10:41
They have so many options it's hard to choose one and now here are 2 more haha.

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

Liberal_Strong
15 May 2014, 12:29
They have so many options it's hard to choose one and now here are 2 more haha.

couldnt agree more. and now with these 2 additions i might replace my current g2s.

UWone77
16 May 2014, 15:02
Honestly, I don't know how Geissele doesn't sell more G2S triggers. One of the best kept secrets in the trigger world, that is unless you like the laser engravings. I will have to try the B-GRF next.

Ride4frnt
16 May 2014, 15:29
Sounds like my 14.5 needs the B-GRF

Judicator
16 May 2014, 15:32
So honestly cuz I trust you guys and have never felt a 2stage. Are these really worth that dough?

Slippers
16 May 2014, 16:23
So honestly cuz I trust you guys and have never felt a 2stage. Are these really worth that dough?

I have a G2S and it's really nice. The first stage is smooth and constant, and the second stage is very crisp. I use it on my precision rifle, but at $160 I haven't felt the need to put one on all my rifles. I grew up shooting NRA high power with a mil-spec trigger, so I'm simply used to those, once they break in and smooth out.

I've shot a rifle with the SSA quite a bit that belongs to a friend and it feels identical to my G2S. Now that the lower cost version of the SSA-E is going to be available, I don't see a reason to spend over $200 on a two stage Geissele trigger unless you really want the flat faced models.

You should really find someone that will let you try theirs. Or buy it from brownells and return it if you don't like it. Their return policy is the best.

RiverRat
16 May 2014, 16:26
I will have to try the B-GRF next.

I was just thinking I might have need of one of these, very soon. :P

I've also read that the Trigger Wizard of Pennsylvania might be working up some way to bypass the 1st stage of a 2 stage trigger via the selector. The result would probably feel like "safe-SSA-S3G." Anyone close enough to that mad genius to have the scoop?

RiverRat
16 May 2014, 16:48
Are these really worth that dough?

A very subjective question. They are great triggers - going from a bad mil-spec to an SSA made all the difference for one of my carbines. The feel (and long reset for the SSA) took me a while to get used to, but it was a quantum leap in getting the carbine running "properly."

Most of the individual product profiles are available on the Geissele web site - you can see plots of pull weight against deflection for each of the variants, compared to a "normal" milspec trigger. Not quite like handling them, but it does give some some sense of how the trigger will load and break. Someday, I'll get around to snipping all the profiles and putting them in one image for WEVO folks.

So the Geissele triggers are fantastic if you know what's you're after. In the end, I am far more likely to routinely recommend a $45 ALG QMS or $65 ALG ACT (effectively Geissele milspec triggers, the ACT is hardcoated) than I am to tell people asking this type of question to rush out for an $200+ SSA-E or S3G. The ALGs are really, really good single stage triggers and if your heart is set on a lighter single stage pull you can change springs for a few more bucks (sacrificing some reliability).

UWone77
18 May 2014, 11:56

For the most part, I usually recommend QMS and ACT triggers. In fact, if you get lucky, once in awhile you'll get a decent trigger from a LPK, especially after you get some rounds down range with it.

If you're putting together a precision rig, or just want to shoot really fast, then yes a Geissele trigger is worth it. As always, I'd suggest trying to see if anyone you know has a trigger you can try out before you drop $200 for a trigger. Personally, I think the best deal going is Geissele's G2S trigger, which is basically a SSA without the engravings and batch tested instead of individually.

Judicator
18 May 2014, 12:07
Ahh so for a SBR build that I plan on shooting fast with drop.one in. My range rifles leave stock. Thanks :)

GOST
18 May 2014, 15:03
My favorite trigger is my SD3G. Once you get used to it I've never had a trigger reset faster.

UWone77
18 May 2014, 15:17
GOST, you gotta love that fast reset. It makes me laugh when people say they are using a Shotgun for HD because of the "blast radius"... In the time it takes someone to rack a shotgun round in, I can have 10+ rounds down range with a Geissele trigger. The SD-E is my personal favorite.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/IMG_1906_zps0950e614.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/IMG_1906_zps0950e614.jpg.html)

DMViergever
18 May 2014, 18:38
I love the ALG options you mentioned. You can watch vids of me shooting an ALG and then my mil-spec with nearly 10k rounds and the speed is obviously in favor of the ALG. Never had my hands on a real Geissele though.