PDA

View Full Version : Mission First Tactical Minimalist Stock

GOST
13 May 2014, 04:29
Interested in getting one of these or maybe holding off for the new MOE SL or BCM Gunfighter. Probably will end up getting at least 2 of these. Anyone using this MFT stock, what do you think of it?

HeavyDuty
13 May 2014, 06:57
I picked one up for my 9mm range toy a few months ago. I like it! Fit was extremely snug at first (like two men and a small boy needed to adjust it snug), but it loosened up by itself to the point where it is just right - no rattle at all, but one handed adjustability. I'd buy another.

Pyzik
13 May 2014, 07:55
I've been eyeballing this stock too.
I just can't dig the looks of the new BCM or MOE SL... I know that's not what it's about but I want it to look good and work.

GOST
13 May 2014, 09:25
What do you mean that's not what it's about?

rob_s
13 May 2014, 09:49

I assume that what he means is that form is supposed to follow function, not the typical AR-owner "wow, that looks really neato-cool. I wonder what nonsense I can post online to make it sound like it's useful instead of just pretty."

FWIW, I don't have a problem with guys and their barbies, I just get annoyed at the guys trying to pretend their barbies are GI Joes.

Pyzik
13 May 2014, 10:52

I assume that what he means is that form is supposed to follow function, not the typical AR-owner "wow, that looks really neato-cool. I wonder what nonsense I can post online to make it sound like it's useful instead of just pretty."

FWIW, I don't have a problem with guys and their barbies, I just get annoyed at the guys trying to pretend their barbies are GI Joes.

^^ Pretty much. I need my AR to be functional but I want it to look good doing so.

GOST
13 May 2014, 11:41
Not to annoy anyone but I do like a nice looking rifle. I had my new rifle Cerakoted in Kryptek and I think it looks pretty good. Does it function well, can't really say yet I only got to put about 100 rounds through it this weekend. I had no malfunctions though with both PMC and American Eagle 62 grain. Now I'm no GI Joe just a guy who lives on a farm who likes to shoot a lot, I don't hunt that much anymore and have never pointed a gun at anyone. Am I the typical AR owner, I neither know or care. Do I care if some likes every part of their rifle NiB coated, Cerakoted or hydro-dipped; nope that's their business and some of those rifles in my opinion look great. Did any of the previous add any function to their rifle, probably not much. But my opinion doesn't mean that much and I really like a good looking rifle made from quality parts.

GOST
13 May 2014, 11:41
Anyone annoyed yet?

UWone77
13 May 2014, 11:51
Anyone annoyed yet?

Outraged.

Pyzik
13 May 2014, 11:52
Anyone annoyed yet?

Nope, sorry! Haha.
As I said, I want mine to look good too (that's why I want that darn stencil from you!).

KevinBLC
13 May 2014, 11:57
Matching colors, patterns, cerakote, hydrodip, seems like the wave of the future. Not much more to do with accessories it seems like lately, so people want to customize the rifle's colors and make it "pretty" nothing wrong with that.

Computalotapus
13 May 2014, 12:02
Rob always slaps me down to think about what I am actually doing with my rifles. UWone77 recently did for my NTD build as well. I like and understand Rob's view "what do i need" and I look at that really hard. It is the sole reason my HD rifle is pretty much stock except for the RA Raptor charging handle. It will get a Inforce WML added to it as well but that will be it, and really the charging handle went on it because my wife one it in the last give away and she didnt want it on her rifle.

Don't get me wrong after I take care of my "NEEDS" I splurge a little on my "WANTS". On a rifle that I will not have to make my life or the lives of my family depend on that rifle will have more wants than needs. But then again the needs are just the basics.

GOST
13 May 2014, 12:04
God gives me what I need, I go get what I want. Don't tell my Wife.

GOST
13 May 2014, 12:12
Darnit I've annoyed myself.

rob_s
13 May 2014, 14:11
There is a fine line between the guy that says "I need mutitard on all my guns because/:ninja" all the while living on a farm and the guy that says "I live on a farm and half the reason I'm I to ARs is because they look neato-keen". I don't really understand either one, but I can at lest respect the honesty of the latter. It's the former that will drive you upa a wall, because if they're not being honest with themselves, how can they possibly be honest with you? And when they ask for advice from a place of dishonesty, you're advice will automatically be "wrong" because he's masking emotion with fake logic.

I don't care what anyone does with their money, but don't waste other people's time asking advice from a dishonest position.

GOST
13 May 2014, 15:08
Sorry your time has been wasted Robby, are you annoyed yet?

FortTom
13 May 2014, 15:26
Not to annoy anyone but I do like a nice looking rifle. I had my new rifle Cerakoted in Kryptek and I think it looks pretty good. Does it function well, can't really say yet I only got to put about 100 rounds through it this weekend. I had no malfunctions though with both PMC and American Eagle 62 grain. Now I'm no GI Joe just a guy who lives on a farm who likes to shoot a lot, I don't hunt that much anymore and have never pointed a gun at anyone. Am I the typical AR owner, I neither know or care. Do I care if some likes every part of their rifle NiB coated, Cerakoted or hydro-dipped; nope that's their business and some of those rifles in my opinion look great. Did any of the previous add any function to their rifle, probably not much. But my opinion doesn't mean that much and I really like a good looking rifle made from quality parts.

GOST as long as it's safe and goes bang every time you pull the trigger.... don't sweat it. It's your rifle and your money, have it anyway you want it, nice and shiney, high tech or beat to hell. My unsolicited philosophical bent on the issue. Now, my Harley, well that's another story....[:)]

FT

FortTom
13 May 2014, 15:43
Matching colors, patterns, cerakote, hydrodip, seems like the wave of the future. Not much more to do with accessories it seems like lately, so people want to customize the rifle's colors and make it "pretty" nothing wrong with that.
Kevin, my "voodoo" rifle is going to be cerekoted and hydro dipped. ATAC foliage to be precise. Reason, I took a lot of pictures and mental notes on the heavily foilaged rolling hills, to down south in S.E. KY to South Central KY. These are the places I frequent most. ATAC foliage was the best compromise I could find for all seasons, and believe me, I looked at just about every camo pattern I could find at places that does hydro dipping. So, as it gets scratched here and there, the Cerekote base will still be a close foliage green color, including buffer tube and CTR stock.

I definitely don't think it'll ever be called pretty, but it should definetly blend in like a ghost and be functional. But I agree with your post 100%.

FT

Battle Cock
14 May 2014, 16:27
I recently installed the minimalist stock on an AR build and even though I haven't had a chance to run it much, I can say that the build quality is excellent. It's surprisingly solid and the tolerances are good. It's more comfortable than it looks too. One item of note is that due to the stocks light weight, you can easily end up with a rather front heavy rifle. Mine is a little front heavy with this stock but I think the overall weight savings will prove to be worth it over time.

GOST
15 May 2014, 04:34
What length barrel you running on that setup Battle Cock?

jjl103
15 May 2014, 11:51
I replaced my STR with one of these. My rifle is pretty close to being balanced on the magwell now. I'm still a couple of ounces heavier on the stock side, but I think that's OK until I test out some different BCG options.

Battle Cock
16 May 2014, 15:44
What length barrel you running on that setup Battle Cock?

It's a 16in m4 profile with an Ares Armor EFFIN-A comp.

GOST
16 May 2014, 19:12
Thinking about trying one out on the 14.5".

mustangfreek
14 August 2014, 15:47
So now that people have had/ran them a while, what are your opinions on these?

Im seriously thinking of picking one up, just curious how they are holding up, are they tight on the buffer tube....do you like it?

Also looks like the scorched dark earth one is what a person would want to match the magpul fde, which is it close or close enough?

thanks

GOST
14 August 2014, 17:22
I really like mine. The fit and comfort are both really good for a stock that can be had for $49.

mustangfreek
15 August 2014, 02:56
Wheres the deal on them? Looking for a milspec , scorched dark earth

GOST
15 August 2014, 13:46
Academy Sports, $49.95 with free shipping.

http://m.academy.com/shop/Product_10151_10051_988407_-1__true?color=Scorched+Dark+Earth&N=20001+10001&Ntt=Mission+first&Ntk=All

Computalotapus
15 August 2014, 13:54
Same price at RA and gives you a reason to swing into the store front.

mustangfreek
15 August 2014, 15:49
Same price at RA and gives you a reason to swing into the store front.

It says there out of stock on the scorched dark earth ones..RA does get a lot of my gun money..lol..

thanks for the link gost

HeavyDuty
16 August 2014, 08:22
I've been shooting mine quite a bit, and I'm still liking it.