PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon Tactical GMS 15 Charging Handle

GOST
14 May 2014, 09:58
This charging handle might help those with suppressors.

http://www.tacticallink.com/Armageddon-Tactical-GMS-15-Ambidextrous-Charging-Handle-for-AR15.html

Slippers
14 May 2014, 10:58
I wonder if it will be able to latch up with certain back-up sights, since it covers the top of the receiver a fair bit. I know my KAC micros go all the way to the edge, as do my mbus pros.

GOST
14 May 2014, 14:45
Don't know, good point though.

Armageddon Tactical
15 May 2014, 06:39
Hi, Chris from Armageddon Tactical. Saw your posts and wanted to clear up a couple things. The gas shield on the GMS-15 overlaps the upper receiver a maximum of 0.025" so just enough to block the gas blowback. I tested it with many BUIS models and did not find any interference. I couldn't test it with every model on the market but I haven't heard anything negative from people that have purchased it.

In the link GOST posted at the top of this thread you can see photos of it installed with the Magpul MBUS pro. Picture provided by Tactical Link.

Please visit www.armageddontactical.com for additional information and feel free to contact me anytime at chris@armageddontactical.com with any questions.

Hope this helps.

GOST
15 May 2014, 09:07
Appreciate the response Chris.

Armageddon Tactical
15 May 2014, 10:03
You are certainly welcome. If there is anything that I can answer about Armageddon products please let me know.

UWone77
15 May 2014, 10:06
Interesting product. I'm a left handed rifle shooter, so anything that potentially gives me less gas in the face suppressed is always of interest. However, with any product claiming less gas, the gas still has to go somewhere. Might have to think about giving this a run.

Armageddon Tactical
15 May 2014, 10:31
UWone77,

The gas is redirected forward. Please give it a try. Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back in full no questions asked.

UWone77
15 May 2014, 10:37
UWone77,

The gas is redirected forward. Please give it a try. Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back in full no questions asked.

I will require a LE discount [:D]

In all seriousness, thanks for coming to the forum, and welcome! I changed your status to "manufacturer" and feel free to post new information, products, and sales. Hope to see more of your posts here.

Armageddon Tactical
15 May 2014, 10:46
There is already a discount code on the site for LE and other consumers. It is 10% off the retail price. Just type in Bogey1 at checkout.

UWone77
15 May 2014, 10:49
What's the difference between the GMS-15 and the GMS-15E?

ETA... nevermind I see it, looks like the 15E is for extended height uppers. That makes sense.

I noticed you note on your website these are Gen I Charging Handles, is a Gen II in the works?

UWone77
15 May 2014, 11:00
Armageddon Tactical GMS-15 Gen I Charging Handle combines truly ambidextrous operation with a revolutionary “gas management system” (GMS). Features include the use of a diagonal gas port and chamber that encloses the rear of the upper receiver to effectively redirect blowback gases away from the operator in AR-15, M16 and M4 type weapons.

The GMS-15 is precision machined from billet 7075 aluminum with the latch machined from heat treated 4140 steel. Aluminum components are plated with MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2, Teflon impregnated anodize, after bead blast, to produce a durable non-reflective surface and reduce the coefficient of friction between moving parts. Steel components are protected from the environment with Mag Phosphate. The unit is virtually sealed from environmental contaminants and the rear of the shaft provides an ambidextrous mechanism for release of the handle when the bolt is in a ‘locked open’ condition or when clearing a jam. Other features include serrated grip surfaces - that will not ‘snag’ on your gear - to insure non-slip operation in any weather condition. Fits weapons with standard height upper receivers. Shown in the photographs with Troy Industries Folding Battle Sight.

For weapons with extended height upper receivers such as SWORD International order The GMS-15E Gen I charging handle.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/SAM_1664700x400_zpsbcf27783.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/SAM_1664700x400_zpsbcf27783.jpg.html)

Armageddon Tactical
15 May 2014, 11:03
You are correct that the GMS-15E is for upper receivers like SWORD International.

There is a GenII product in the works that has a retractable gate on the bottom as well as other features to stop the blow back under the handle.

Not ready for prime time but in the testing phase.