PDA

View Full Version : Hand to Hand

GOST
20 May 2014, 19:36
Do any here also train hand to hand? Sad to say but I'm actually more proficient hand to hand than I am with weapons, not from a lack of training though. My background started with boxing, then wrestling, judo and jiu jitsu. I still train some guys who compete at both pro and amateur in MMA. The training sessions is actually where the name Gost comes from, after I was blessed with kids I didn't come around to much to prep fighters, so when I came into the gym the guys there would say there's the ghost.

Pyzik
20 May 2014, 19:46
I've taken a ground defense class and a knife defense class back to back over a weekend... KICKED my butt.

I did come away knowing I do not want to go up against a guy weildig a knife if I don't have a gun! If someone has a knife, you're gonna bleed. Period.

MoxyDave
20 May 2014, 19:48
Not at all, but it's on my bucket list. Hopefully sooner than later. If I were to do it all over again I'd have started learning a martial art at a young age. There are plenty of times when you aren't armed when it could make a world of difference. I also want to learn how to wield a sword, just because [:)]

GOST
21 May 2014, 05:09
I really want to learn how to use a sword also. I bought a nice katana, one day when my Wife came home she found me outside cutting down small trees with it. I haven't had any knife training also.

2ATA
21 May 2014, 07:33
I'm big into Krav Maga. Also done BJJ, Wing Chun Kung Fu and a little bit of Kendo.

Pyzik
21 May 2014, 08:23
I'm big into Krav Maga. Also done BJJ, Wing Chun Kung Fu and a little bit of Kendo.

I've wanted to give Krav Maga a shot.

2ATA
21 May 2014, 11:24
I see you're on the east side. I previously trained Krav under Master Colling at Dragon Academy in Livonia. Highly recommend him. It is full on Krav and not the watered down mainstream stuff. I had several guys from Troy's SRU I trained with there. We used to beat the snot out of each other, all full speed. It was a good time. LOL

Pyzik
21 May 2014, 12:37
I see you're on the east side. I previously trained Krav under Master Colling at Dragon Academy in Livonia. Highly recommend him. It is full on Krav and not the watered down mainstream stuff. I had several guys from Troy's SRU I trained with there. We used to beat the snot out of each other, all full speed. It was a good time. LOL

Thanks for the info! Livonia isn't far at all.

KevinBLC
21 May 2014, 16:38
I want to master the FORCE Throw... or maybe just settle for FORCE Lightning.

GOST
21 May 2014, 21:25
No, FORCE choke. You have underestimated the power of the darkside.

Hellraiser
26 May 2014, 14:23
Not me... although I am a black belt in Moo Duk Kwan Tae Kwon Do... along with the same in Oh Do Kwan Tae Kwon Do. If somebody ever gets me on the ground... I am a dead man... and I know it. That is why I can draw and shoot with either hand... in less than a quarter-second.

I pride myself gettin' out of bad situations... quicker than I got in 'em. I can still run a 4.4... 40 yd. dash.

But "if the dog ever catches the car"... hope he knows how deal with it.