PDA

View Full Version : Is there a more poorly designed grip than the BCM Mod 0?

Dr Tran
25 May 2014, 22:00
If so, I'm not aware of it. This grip seems to have been designed to twist in the hand. The front strap is inexplicably grooved horizontally while the backstrap has no grip whatsoever. IMO this is the Special Olympics of grips and I'm seriously thinking about no longer buying BCM parts.

I currently own a BCM barrel, charging handle, and a mentally handicapped grip.

Aragorn
25 May 2014, 23:16
If so, I'm not aware of it. This grip seems to have been designed to twist in the hand. The front strap is inexplicably grooved horizontally while the backstrap has no grip whatsoever. IMO this is the Special Olympics of grips and I'm seriously thinking about no longer buying BCM parts.

I currently own a BCM barrel, charging handle, and a mentally handicapped grip.

Yes. There is a more poorly designed grip.

https://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/11cf766b690b70e4c2d3a22a7e58a0fd.jpg

If you're BCM grip isn't grippy enough you could always stipple it so long as you like the grip angle, or have Battle Cock do it for you. Or add a grip sleeve though I personally wouldn't. BCM makes awesome kit, as you would know from your barrel and CH. Don't throw them out the window because you don't like a grip that they make. If you really REALLY hate it and don't want to mess with it, you could always see if they'll let you exchange it.

Dr Tran
25 May 2014, 23:43
I'll probably try stippling it because it is such worthless garbage. If I f'd it up who cares.

Hmac
26 May 2014, 00:38
Sheesh. Lot of energy to expend on such a cheap and easily replaceable item of ergonomics. Different strokes, etc. If there was a one-grip-pleases-all grip, there wouldn't be so many aftermarket grips on the market. Then to trash an entire company just because one guy's perception of ergonomics is different....seems a bit extreme.

GOST
26 May 2014, 04:58
The mod 0 doesn't work for me either but it's because of the pressure I get on my middle finger. For a little bit it doesn't bother me but after awhile on the range I start becoming aware of it. The guys I shoot with absolutely love it though. Don't think it's a bad product, I just don't think it fits me well, but apparently my buddy's have completely different results. The MOE line fits me best. I have a bit of BCM gear and it's all been exceptional including the grip, it just doesn't fit me. To me it feels exactly like a HK grip.

UWone77
26 May 2014, 06:17
Tell us how you really feel about the Mod 0... Pretty silly to dismiss BCM's other offerings just based on the grip, which subjective. If you didn't like the grip, why not contact BCM and tell them you'd like to return it for a refund, or perhaps try out, say their Mod 3, which is personally what works for me.

tappedandtagged
26 May 2014, 12:23

https://www.rainierarms.com/img/shop/product/11cf766b690b70e4c2d3a22a7e58a0fd.jpg

If you're BCM grip isn't grippy enough you could always stipple it so long as you like the grip angle, or have Battle Cock do it for you. Or add a grip sleeve though I personally wouldn't. BCM makes awesome kit, as you would know from your barrel and CH. Don't throw them out the window because you don't like a grip that they make. If you really REALLY hate it and don't want to mess with it, you could always see if they'll let you exchange it.

Ha!!! Yes.

Pyzik
28 May 2014, 11:37

Truth.

I didn't care for the Mod 1 only because it's WAY too thin as it tapers up.
I don't let that cloud my judgment on their other products however and only see this as a flaw to people with larger hands or a preference for a wider grip.

Did BCM send yours special delivery with a big "F* YOU" engraved on it? Sheesh.

Iraqgunz
29 May 2014, 00:15
So before you went on your little internet tirade did you contact BCM and tell them that the grip wasn't to your liking and you would like to exchange it or get a refund? I'm guessing you didn't. Grips are like underwear and everyone ha preferences. I use the MOD 0 as well as other on my AR's and never had any issues. YMMV.