PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer P320

GOST
29 May 2014, 04:12
I personally do not have that much experience with Sig Sauer. The only one I've fired is my buddy's P226. I've read a couple of reviews since the P320 was introduced at SHOT. What do you guys think of this new striker Sig? The reviews I've read said the trigger was nicer than a Glock or M&P even with Apex parts. Is the trigger nicer than a PPQ though?

schambers
29 May 2014, 05:24
I handled the full sized 320 in florida a few weeks ago. It felt pretty solid. No loose parts or anything like that. The trigger is pretty good too. Crisp. Don't really know if its better than an M&P with an APEX kit as I didn't have the two pistols side by side, but the 320 feel is definately close. *maybe* better. I prefer the trigger on my glock though; but its an aftermarket replacement that I have a lot of experience with.

The first thing that stood out to me on the 320 was the material that the lower reciever was made of. Different from glock and m&p plastic in my opinion. The only word that immediately comes to mind is brittle; maybe close to a pmag thats been hollowed out a bit. I'm sure its not brittle in practice, but thats just what it felt like.

Personally I'm indifferent to the 320 right now. I'll probably check on it again in two or three years when the kinks have been worked out and there are more aftermarket parts. Seem like it could be a good choice for someone who doesn't already have striker fired guns. I'm sure it shoots bullets just as well as any other pistol in its price range.

UWone77
1 June 2014, 13:02
I played around with Stick's Sig P320 a few weeks ago. Overall impressions, the trigger is decent, but like schambers said, I think the stock Glock trigger is still better. The ergos are also good, and it seem to shoot pretty well in the limited time I had with it.

The only thing that bothered me is that it still felt as cheap as a P250. I know we are talking about the $400-500 polymer duty gun segment, but it just didn't feel like it was as solid as the Glock 17 I carry daily. I would really need more time and rounds down range with it to make up my mind though.

FortTom
1 June 2014, 14:28
When you say APEX kits, to which are your referring. There are a few. I have the FSS kit in both of my M&P's and in my experience nothing touches them except a properly tuned 1911. Obviously those would probably be forbidden in a duty gun, where an DCAEK or some of the other things APEX makes.

FT

jennecarter
12 September 2014, 03:16
I hope the P320 works with my P250 caliber xchange kits. I've heard different things from reps, gun owners, and bloggers

schambers
12 September 2014, 12:54
I was referring to the forward set sear/trigger kit

kwiksnake
9 October 2014, 18:47
The only thing that will work is the grip module. The slide will not work