PDA

View Full Version : Betcha Didn't Know This!

FortTom
29 May 2014, 11:53
Alright all of you AR-15 5.56 fans, here's a "fact" about the underestimated 5.56 NATO round you did NOT know.

It's raining, and I'm bored. Watching a reality show called, and about U.S. Marshalls. They are on a man hunt in Alaska in remote villages, and brutally cold weather.

Coming upon one of these villages, one U.S. Marshall laments that "these people rely on weapons here for hunting and self-defense. Many choose the AR-15 rifle for both. They (AR's) are capable of dropping a Grizzly bear in it's tracks, or cutting a moose in half and will cut through any bullet proof vest like a knife through hot butter."

Damn, if I get to hunt in Alaska once more in my lifetime, I'm dropping the heavy rifle in favor of one of my AR's with a 55gn FMJ to save weight, knowing that It'll outperform a 300gn .375 H&H or larger rifle on Grizzly, but will probably not use it to cut a moose in half, because I wouldn't want to ruin all of that meat with that damned 55gn round from hell. However, cutting a moose in half with one shot would help in making it easier to pack out.[:)]

Geez, PLEASE don't tell me that they train U.S. Marshalls to believe this kind of stuff, and repeat it on T.V. to the public?[bash]

I always admired them, and even envied their jobs. I just couldn't believe I was watching them being filmed trying to apprehend a real bad guy, and one of them blurted this out, as one of the dangers they faced.[:D]

FT

GOST
29 May 2014, 12:06
M855 62 grain will cut a moose into quarters.

GOST
29 May 2014, 12:09
FT I bet that you didn't know that George Lucas originally wanted all the characters in Star Wars to be little green people like Yoda, but 20th Century Fox wouldn't let him.

XACT_ABORT
29 May 2014, 16:02
Maybe the 5.56 does exponentially more damage closer to the poles???:)

Wait...

FT I bet that you didn't know that George Lucas originally wanted all the characters in Star Wars to be little green people like Yoda, but 20th Century Fox wouldn't let him.

GOST, is this real? I hadn't heard that, wouldn't surprise me... If so where were they on the damn Ewoks?

#NoHiJack

GOST
29 May 2014, 19:14
The ewoks were originally supposed to be wookies.

GOST
29 May 2014, 19:15
Glad to have you here XA.

XACT_ABORT
29 May 2014, 19:16
I know.. Would have been better. Just wish someone would have intervened. Just hadn't heard the entire cast of Yodas thing.

XACT_ABORT
29 May 2014, 19:19
And thanks. Glad to be here.

GOST
30 May 2014, 02:54
I saw the Yoda thing on a Star War's documentary.