PDA

View Full Version : Geissele MK1 Rail

Thompson
1 June 2014, 16:17
In a separate thread, there was the talk about the MK1 rail for sale.

I've been fixing on getting a Geissele rail for my future build (sometime after college). I've only ever heard good things about Geissele products, so I figured why not get a Geissele rail and since it has a good reputation on the Jack Carbine.

And I figured why not get it now, since it's marked down and since I could spread the cost of my build over the course of several years, versus say a few months.

But I don't know too much about mixing and matching rails with receivers. So my question is, do I have to worry about compatibility issues between the upper receiver and rail? I'd assume no since the only thing that I'd have to worry about is the barrel nut.

Am I correct to assume this?

GOST
1 June 2014, 19:22
It maybe the easiest rail to install on a forged upper. I have a MK4 on a Vltor mur 1-A. Very solid and no timing. Once you have it on then use the anti-rotation parts to line it up.

UWone77
1 June 2014, 19:42
Have you checked out the Geissele MK4 Rail Installation guide on the forum? The entire line is basically the same install. Like GOST mentioned, the barrel nut requires no timing, and the anti-rotational screws are tightened after the rail is on. Should be no issues with most uppers. Do you have a particular upper in mind for this?

Thompson
1 June 2014, 20:21
Just checked out the installation guide - that is pretty darn simple.

What did you mean by timing? As in trigger timing, to ensure that round goes off in battery?

In regards to an upper ... to be honest I'm not quite sure. There are so many companies out there that make them; I have yet to sit down and thoroughly research parts for an AR build. I do know that BCM is a good option; but outside that, not a clue.

GOST
2 June 2014, 01:19
No timing the barrel nut for the rail or gas tube. You get it to the proper torque and your good to go.

Thompson
2 June 2014, 08:47
Ah okay, got it. Thanks!