PDA

View Full Version : CamoMike's WEVO 50k Barrel buiild

camomike
16 June 2014, 17:04
I figured a picture to start with my upper and lower build kit will work. My trigger arrives in the mail tomorrow, and my receivers the next day.... Then it's going to be a long wait [bash]

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Michael_Camo_Lohman/20140616_181935_zps11944746.jpg?t=1402961117

My list so far is:
- Aero precision forged upper/lower
-Core 15 slotted trigger guard
-B5 systems grip 23
-BAD-ASS standard/thin 90
-POF enhanced finger placement trigger ( Got a hell of a deal on it, hope it works and wasn't just a gimmick - wanted to try it since I first saw it...)
-Fortis hammer in Nickelene(delighted at how well it matched up in color to the barrel)
-SS mid gas tube / milspec pin kit / FA-dust cover
-Fortis keymod Vertical grip
-Parallax Tactical light weight adjustable gas block
-Tactical link EBAL
-Armalite CAR spring and buffer

And the piece that convinced my wife to let me spend more money:

-The SS Rainier Arms Select Fluted Barrel - Courtesy of WEVO/ the admins / Rainier and the rest of the sponsors. I do really, truly appreciate it. This made my year.

My "white" receivers are showing up to my FFL Wednesday from Aero precision, then will be dropped in the mail to WMD for NiB coating. Wait time of 6-9 weeks will give me time to save up for my stock and rail.

I'm trying to spread some of my cash across the manufactures that chipped into the give away as a way of giving back... Of course they make it easy, making sick gear and all.

GaSwamper
16 June 2014, 17:11
That barrel is a beauty. Sounds like a setup for a nice rifle.

KevinBLC
16 June 2014, 17:17
Yes!!! Another build thread! Love these.

Ride4frnt
16 June 2014, 17:37
Just built my buddy's rifle using that barrel and a fortis rev. Beautiful piece. Can't wait to see the finished product

GOST
16 June 2014, 17:41
This build done yet?[BD]

UWone77
17 June 2014, 20:26
Mike,

Glad something like winning a barrel of all things could make your year. You can't go around now and say you "never win anything" anymore. [:D] Thanks for being apart of the forum. Can't wait to see what that pile of parts you're collecting turns into.

Soisauss
17 June 2014, 20:51
WOOO!!!! BUILD THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

We see boxes now, we see rifle later, okay, shank you, bai. :P

camomike
17 June 2014, 21:22
Mike,

Glad something like winning a barrel of all things could make your year.

Was a hard past couple of years for me. My mom passed after a 5 year struggle. Lost a lot of really good friends in a falling out(I'm better without them, they were users). Stress at work caused a doctor to tell me "Quit your job or die of a heart attack before 35, you choose" Being unemployed for 2 years brought on it's own kind of stresses. Thank god my wife brings in the money she does, she kept us afloat. With out her, I would have probably lost my mind too. Just got back to work about 2 months ago, and it feels really good. Really missed the social aspect of life. When I say it made my year, it honestly did. This was one of about 2-3 positive things that happened all around the same time. Building this rifle is gift to myself for pulling through, getting a job and getting back on my feet. So even though it's something as simple as a rifle barrel, it means a lot more than that to me. So in turn, thanks for welcoming me into the forums. This is a really great group of folks, and I appreciate the comradery.

mustangfreek
18 June 2014, 01:41
Its nice to see the winners posting all these build threads..

Ill be watching for updates..

GOST
18 June 2014, 01:50
Its nice to see the winners posting all these build threads..

Ill be watching for updates..

I'll be waiting on your winners post.

mustangfreek
18 June 2014, 01:54
I'll be waiting on your winners post.

Huh?

GOST
18 June 2014, 03:58
Could you not talk UW into hooking you up?[BD]

UWone77
18 June 2014, 14:56
Could you not talk UW into hooking you up?[BD]

As long as I'm running the WEVO giveaways, he won't be winning anything.... :P

I actually sent him a package, but you give him an inch, he wants a mile. [:D]

John Hwang
18 June 2014, 15:48
Looks like a sweet build

mustangfreek
18 June 2014, 16:12

See what i have to deal with here on wevo gost..lol..

Computalotapus
18 June 2014, 17:28
Was a hard past couple of years for me. My mom passed after a 5 year struggle. Lost a lot of really good friends in a falling out(I'm better without them, they were users). Stress at work caused a doctor to tell me "Quit your job or die of a heart attack before 35, you choose" Being unemployed for 2 years brought on it's own kind of stresses. Thank god my wife brings in the money she does, she kept us afloat. With out her, I would have probably lost my mind too. Just got back to work about 2 months ago, and it feels really good. Really missed the social aspect of life. When I say it made my year, it honestly did. This was one of about 2-3 positive things that happened all around the same time. Building this rifle is gift to myself for pulling through, getting a job and getting back on my feet. So even though it's something as simple as a rifle barrel, it means a lot more than that to me. So in turn, thanks for welcoming me into the forums. This is a really great group of folks, and I appreciate the comradery.

Good on you brother for sticking to the grind and picking yourself up. Sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers go out to you and your family. I have been in shoes almost like yours. Slept in a car for over a year. Made huge sacrifices but I was determined to get myself on my own two feet. Just as things started looking up, I met my wife and it has been forward progress from there.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of this build.

DMViergever
18 June 2014, 19:46
That barrel is gorgeous. Wait until you shoot it...they are fantastic.

Soisauss
18 June 2014, 20:16

Sorry UW, I had too....LOL

That can go many ways......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfi8fT9oHkQ&feature=kp

camomike
18 June 2014, 22:41

LOL, awesome

UWone77
19 June 2014, 19:22

LOL....

I worded that on purpose for mustang, took someone long enough to make a joke out of it!

Mike, glad to hear that this barrel picked you up from some rough years. Sorry to hear about your mom, health, and job, but it sounds like it's all worked out in the end as best as it could. Can't wait to see how this build turns out for you, and of course as promised, I'll mock up something for you this weekend with the VG6 comp.

Glad to have you on the forum.

camomike
20 June 2014, 18:34
Can't wait to see how this build turns out for you, and of course as promised, I'll mock up something for you this weekend with the VG6 comp.

Glad to have you on the forum.

Cheers, and thanks.

Payday today... took advantage of a couple of deals this afternoon. Snagged one of the Fortis keymod verts off Revolvr; grabbed a Tactical link EBAL and to bring another sponsor into the build I grabbed a PXT Adjustable gas block from Parallax tactical.

camomike
20 June 2014, 18:44
Having a hard time deciding between the VG6 Epsilon and the RAC... Both are sexy as hell, and look like decent performers.

GOST
20 June 2014, 18:50
You might want to consider SureFire's PROCOMP 5.56 at $59.95.

KevinBLC
20 June 2014, 18:57
Having a hard time deciding between the VG6 Epsilon and the RAC... Both are sexy as hell, and look like decent performers.

Both are solid performers. I give the ever slightest edge to the Epsilon.

GOST
21 June 2014, 05:43
I've got a AFAB mini on a 14.5" build which I like.

camomike
22 June 2014, 20:22
Gost, trying to keep my purchases in line with the sponsors of the give away. And both Rainier and VG6 make baddass comps in bead-blasted SS(color I'm planning to cap off with)

In other news, I got these from my FFL this afternoon [:D]

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Michael_Camo_Lohman/20140622_213221_zps014fa3d9.jpg

And the POF EFP trigger arrived in yesterdays mail...

Now to drop the receivers in the mail. Now I wait for the 4th of July to see if the stock, BCG, rail or sights I want go on sale [pop]

UWone77
23 June 2014, 00:38
I can't remember, are you getting the receivers coated in NiB by WMD guns or was that someone else?

Here's the pic I promised, sorry I didn't have time to swap out handguards to show more barrel, but it should give you a general idea of how the barrel will match with the Bead Blasted VG6 Epsilon.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_1997_zps75f98402.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_1997_zps75f98402.jpg.html)

camomike
23 June 2014, 06:27
Yeah, was me. No worries about the rail, I have a fairly good Idea of how it's going to turn out. I actually think that's the rail I'm grabbing too, just in 12".

UWone77
23 June 2014, 19:44
Yeah, was me. No worries about the rail, I have a fairly good Idea of how it's going to turn out. I actually think that's the rail I'm grabbing too, just in 12".

Make sure you tell WMD that I inspired you to build that NiB coated receiver ;)

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_1996_zpsb2d3fae3.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_1996_zpsb2d3fae3.jpg.html)

camomike
23 June 2014, 20:09
Will do. Will it aid my turn around time?[BD]
Kidding of course.
You talking about running the torture test with yours what made me want to try it.

On a different note, Received the Parallax Tac Adjustable block today... Best part of the build is the anticipation of new parts for me.

mustangfreek
24 June 2014, 02:57
I gave that Parallax tactical gas block a look over, and it looked like a nice piece.Want to try one of those and one of their rails on a build some day, along with one of those TIN bcg's

I like this build and also thinking of using a 12" evo or force rail.

After that pic above the force 12" rail is on my radar for my pistol build.....:P

camomike
12 July 2014, 12:19
Updating a photo of my newest arrivals.

Really loving the finish on the keymod Fortis vertical grip; It's absolutely stunning. It Fits like it was made for my hand-perfect thickness, and the ergo on it is just right for how/where I plan on using it. Fortis really knocked it out of the park with this thing.

The fit on the Parallax Tactical PTX adjustable gas block is a bit more loose than I was expecting, and not really seeing a way to pin it in place... Just not enough room. I'm going to run 100 or so rounds through it and see how bad it/if it bleeds gas.
I may end up having to swap it, Time will tell. But apart from it being loose, I like the way it was put together, seems solid.

The buffer/spring is your run of the mill Armalite CAR variety. Going to run this until I can get a JP silent Captured spring.

Finally is the Taclink EBAL. Took a little while to get it complete. They shipped it to me sans the mounting screws. Being that this rifle is still 2 months in the future, I think I can stand to wait for some screws. Finish is a little off on it, guessing that might be why they dropped the price point for this run of them. Not going to ding it for that if it still functions. Function over form any day.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Michael_Camo_Lohman/20140712_135141_zps85415520.jpg

UWone77
12 July 2014, 12:22
Mike, I can already confirm for you that the Parallax Gas Block pictured is not pinnable. I ended up using it on a range only 300 gun.

I see you spared little expense on this build. Should turn out great!

camomike
12 July 2014, 12:46
Mike, I can already confirm for you that the Parallax Gas Block pictured is not pinnable. I ended up using it on a range only 300 gun.
Figured as much, Space looked a tad tight between the set screws to try and run a pin through it. Looks like i'm going to have to bust out the oil and drop another dimple in the bottom of the barrel. No worries there, just good to know, cheers and thanks for the confirm.

I see you spared little expense on this build. Should turn out great!
In regards to this, this is probably going to be a one and done build for me. The last AR15 I build for myself(I say that now, lol) . Buy once, cry once. That and it wouldn't feel right slapping $400 in parts on a $300 barrel and calling it good. I'd being doing the barrel and myself a disservice.
Also, like I stated before; the sponsors of the forum, as well as the giveaway were kind enough to kick in... It's only right I give back.

KevinBLC
12 July 2014, 18:32
That's some good looking parts. So what made you decide to go with the big Fortis grip vs the small one? I've been debating.

Also, I wish I could afford a UBR!

camomike
12 July 2014, 19:02
Thanks!

So what made you decide to go with the big Fortis grip vs the small one? I've been debating.

I shoot without gloves. I also like to control the rifle from right around the gas block. The finger cut on the Vert lets me hold the rail like the short grip, and if I ever heat up the rail to the point of being uncomfortable I can transition to holding it pistol grip style. I don't dump rounds like that all that often, but I like to have the option. If you take alook at the mechanics of the item side by side, you can see what I mean.
http://fortismfg.com/image/cache/data/Vertical%20Grip%20KM/5-640x480.jpg
*Pic from fortis's website, not my own*

The UBR I got from http://www.budsgunshop.com On some items they take offers. I saw the UBR as one of those and made an offer of $202 that was accepted. Think it was $209 shipped, which is below cost I believe. Manufactures and dealers are moving a bunch of stuff at crazy discounts. I say get stuff when you can, save for what you can't.

Ride4frnt
21 July 2014, 09:35
PM'd you about the SS RAC. Also, that force rail is awesome. Have a 15" force on my newest rifle, and the black RAC. Love em both.

camomike
21 July 2014, 16:56
Appreciated, thanks again. Still thinking of picking up an epsilon. Would love to do a side by side comparison.

KevinBLC
22 July 2014, 16:54
Thanks for the answer. Makes sense. I guess I'm leaning towards the short one, because it's sexier. I know I know, the whole form over function!

camomike
22 July 2014, 21:17
No problem, to each their own. The biggest part is you feel comfortable shooting it.

camomike
7 August 2014, 07:07
My build has stalled a bit. Home repairs are chewing up fun money. US optics kicking in the 1 x 4 optic to the Stickman give away got me thinking though. I had planned on getting either a Vortex strikefire II or an Aimpoint pro. I have limited experience with red dots and have always either shot irons or magnified. In my dealings with red dots; even though I have severe astigmatisms in both eyes, I've never noticed the "bloom" others have issues with. I find myself at a fork in the road and not sure what path to take. Any input would be appreciated. Rather than spending money and finding out the hard way, anyone care to weigh in?

Ride4frnt
7 August 2014, 07:27
If you wanna go magnified with a 1-4, vortex viper PST 1-4 can be had for $499, shop around and perhaps a bit less. Vortex also makes a crossfire ii 1-4 for around $250 I believe.

Edit: crossfire II 1-4 comes illuminated or non, $199 or $249 respectively, illuminated can be had on amazon for $199 currently.

Aragorn
7 August 2014, 09:07
I used to run a Nightforce NXS 1-4x, and ended up ditching it. It was on the lighter side things as far as scopes go, but was still heavy and not so good for swinging around. Also was slow to change magnification even with a cat tail so I lost any potential speed advantage. I like acogs way better personally so if I want magnification I'd go that route, but I normally run an aimpoint.

I would like to try an elcan spectre dr, but they're crazy $$ and even heavier than the nightforce I had.

mustangfreek
7 August 2014, 14:28
Just in the last year got my first real red dot..Aimpoint pro ..after some help fro ma friend..and glad i did. i am really starting to like it.

Also just got into a vortex 1-4 pst, and only had it out twice, but it is a nice scope imo, good glass and features for the price point. I have seen them used for $400, and no problem as vortex has about the best warranty in the business.

Not much help i know, but between the 2 its hard for me to choose a favorite, up close 200 yards and under the PRO is quick, but so is the 1-4..but for me has potential for longer, more accurate shots..

camomike
7 August 2014, 16:50
Someone is missing an opportunity in the market. Wish there was a place you could rent optics to try them out. Closest place I have I can try things out is a Cabella's. And sadly most of their items are not what I'm looking for. Might just have to wait till random range strangers that will let me handle their gear.

Ride4frnt
7 August 2014, 17:01
Someone is missing an opportunity in the market. Wish there was a place you could rent optics to try them out. Closest place I have I can try things out is a Cabella's. And sadly most of their items are not what I'm looking for. Might just have to wait till random range strangers that will let me handle their gear.

I know a guy who started that with specialty tools. Basically started a website, with contracts and all that users have to sign, and they borrow, or rent tools from other users. Small fee to rent them I guess, plus shipping charges, but it's a good idea for something you need at the present but won't need in the future.

mustangfreek
21 August 2014, 18:34
So any update on this build? cerakoted? Done?

Had to see, as that barrel is really catching my eye....

camomike
21 August 2014, 21:26
Kind of stalled financially at the moment. Home repairs took priority. Hoping this week I finally get my recievers in the mail. Got a bit of overtime on this latest check, going to pick up the rail or BCG for sure.

camomike
27 August 2014, 20:47
So, I did pick up the rail. The 12" Force from Rainier was the one I had my eye on; then they went and made it stupid cheap. It was way too good to pass up, eating ramen for the next couple weeks over it though. Gotta love the folks at Rainier. Will be dropping my set in the mail this weekend for sure, and It' will probably be crossing paths with the BCG I'm ordering from WMD.

Ride4frnt
27 August 2014, 21:06
So, I did pick up the rail. The 12" Force from Rainier was the one I had my eye on; then they went and made it stupid cheap. It was way too good to pass up, eating ramen for the next couple weeks over it though. Gotta love the folks at Rainier. Will be dropping my set in the mail this weekend for sure, and It' will probably be crossing paths with the BCG I'm ordering from WMD.

Good choice. Love my 15" force so much I went and bought a 12" when they made them too cheap. Should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your final results!

camomike
27 August 2014, 21:26
I used gunstruction to give myself a good idea of how it will look. One of the items on my distant list is an X-15 S mag. Think it will look awesome with the force rail.

camomike
28 August 2014, 17:30
Just posting a couple teaser photos of my dry fit. I'm sending it off to coating this weekend. Making progress again finally. The force is exactly what I wanted and the Fortis vert grip just feels "right" on it. It feels really balanced when I shoulder it. Having a problem in wanting to run off to the range with it right now.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Michael_Camo_Lohman/20140828_182829_zps11ed7876.jpg?t=1409271846

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Michael_Camo_Lohman/20140828_182930_zps269f8258.jpg?t=1409271852

Computalotapus
28 August 2014, 17:31
Looks awesome
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

Ride4frnt
28 August 2014, 17:52
You keeping the RAC on it? It looks good! Much better than on my 18" all black gun.

Gaspipeshooter
29 August 2014, 06:47
The contrast in colors looks nice. What color Cerakote are you doing the receiver set?

camomike
29 August 2014, 11:29
I'm going with NiB plating instead. And yes, I'm planning on keeping the RAC. Keeping it mostly a Rainier upper.

camomike
29 August 2014, 11:35
Thanks again BTW. Looks great with the barrel.

Ride4frnt
29 August 2014, 11:51
Thanks again BTW. Looks great with the barrel.

No problem. Can't wait to see this finished! You sticking with the black rail or having it coated too? I'm in between whether I wanna coat my rail or just the receivers

camomike
29 August 2014, 12:11
Just the recievers. Don't really see a benefit to coating the rail. Besides I like the way the black/muted silver looks together. Debating sending in my build kit with the recievers. But I think I'd prefer them black.

UWone77
30 August 2014, 12:00
Just the recievers. Don't really see a benefit to coating the rail. Besides I like the way the black/muted silver looks together. Debating sending in my build kit with the recievers. But I think I'd prefer them black.

If going with the NiB, I wouldn't coat the rail either. I don't think there is any benefit in doing that. If you were doing cerakote, then I might think about it just to "match" but there isn't any other reason. I should look good! I really like how my Aero Receivers came out after WMD finished them. Can't wait to see the pictures.

KevinBLC
31 August 2014, 08:01
That's going to look sweet!!! Is this gonna be just a fun gun?

camomike
31 August 2014, 09:08
Aren't they all? But yes, this is going to be my main shooter.

camomike
9 September 2014, 16:54
So, this is interesting. My receiver shipment to WMD is in the wind. Last update from USPS is that my parcel was out for delivery as of 9/4/14. Checked with WMD, they don't have it. Customer service at the post office is being less than helpful. Anyone have this happen before?

Ride4frnt
9 September 2014, 17:25
So, this is interesting. My receiver shipment to WMD is in the wind. Last update from USPS is that my parcel was out for delivery as of 9/4/14. Checked with WMD, they don't have it. Customer service at the post office is being less than helpful. Anyone have this happen before?

This is why I'm leery of shipping my receivers for coating. I hope al goes well and this gets resolved.

camomike
10 September 2014, 08:53
Turned back up and was delivered. Driver made one attempt, then it sat in the PO until I lit a fire under their asses.

Ride4frnt
10 September 2014, 09:09
Turned back up and was delivered. Driver made one attempt, then it sat in the PO until I lit a fire under their asses.

Good!

camomike
10 September 2014, 09:48
Scared the crap out of me.

camomike
26 September 2014, 16:50
Primary Arms new micro dot and Fortis F1 mount secured today. The wait on my recievers is killing me. Hope they turn out at least half as nice as UW's.

UWone77
26 September 2014, 19:11
Primary Arms new micro dot and Fortis F1 mount secured today. The wait on my recievers is killing me. Hope they turn out at least half as nice as UW's.

How long have you been waiting for them Mike? They originally quoted me 4 weeks, but it ended up taking 8+ weeks.

camomike
26 September 2014, 19:32
After the PO lost it for a bit, they've only had them for two weeks. Was quoted 6 weeks, hoping for a faster turn time. I'm getting antsy to go play. In the mean time, i'll keep drooling over your build.

camomike
30 September 2014, 06:51
And faster turn time I get... just got notice they are shipping back to me. 2 week turn time!

mustangfreek
30 September 2014, 08:07
And faster turn time I get... just got notice they are shipping back to me. 2 week turn time!

Wow...that was quick, from what they first told you it sounds like...

...Sweet...lets see this thing together...[:D]

camomike
30 September 2014, 11:04
I'm guessing it's going to take about a 5-7 days for UPS to bring them back to me. Hoping I get them Friday So I have the weekend to put it together. Only thing I'm waiting on this point is my irons, and I'm still trying to decide what I want to run for those. Been kicking around the idea of a set of Diamond heads, but also kicking around the idea of getting a set of troys. I know I want to put a Chevron front sight in them. After seeing the low light ad they did against the bush I was sold on giving it a try.

UWone77
30 September 2014, 14:27
Here's something to keep you going while you wait Mike!

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2404_zps8d46a77d.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2404_zps8d46a77d.jpg.html)

camomike
30 September 2014, 20:29
Here's something to keep you going while you wait Mike!

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2404_zps8d46a77d.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2404_zps8d46a77d.jpg.html)

You tease.

UWone77
30 September 2014, 20:32
Even closer!

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2405_zps38e98fa3.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2405_zps38e98fa3.jpg.html)

camomike
30 September 2014, 21:21
STOP IT!!!!! PLEASE! My eyes can only wait so long... It this what addiction feels like? I'm..... I'm so cold.

DutyUse
2 October 2014, 23:34
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Michael_Camo_Lohman/20140828_182930_zps269f8258.jpg?t=1409271852

I really dig this build

WHSmithIV
3 October 2014, 01:20
After reading through the whole thread even I'm getting anxious to see it finished!

-Will-

camomike
3 October 2014, 06:56
Recievers are out for delivery right now. Should be able to post some pics of the finish tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to assemble it this weekend. Kicking myself I didn't locktight my screws last night...

camomike
3 October 2014, 17:26
Just got them. Finishing is uniform and awesome. Highly impressed. I'll get some pictures up soon.

camomike
22 October 2014, 23:33
Alright folks, I know I've been slacking. Sorry for the delay on posting pics. Have been distracted lately. Brother in law is in town from Japan, back for a month from the Navy. Wanted to make sure to get time in with him. Haven't seen him in almost 4 years besides Skype.

Tried my hand at photography.... I think UW and Sticks's jobs are safe LOL. Only things I'm waiting on is a set of irons and a sling. Wanted to kick into the Fisher House Charity Akersc and Comp have going more than I needed to grab a set of sights.

If I can get some better lighting I'll see what I can do about getting a few more pics up.

Once again I want to say thank you to Rainier for donating this barrel. Really can not wait to put some rounds down range with it.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Michael_Camo_Lohman/DSC_0154_zps8730e5ec.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Michael_Camo_Lohman/DSC_0134_zps6097a9fb.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Michael_Camo_Lohman/DSC_0157_zpsb67b2222.jpg

mustangfreek
23 October 2014, 01:23
Nice!!

Turned out good..

Ride4frnt
23 October 2014, 05:30
Very nice Mike! I do love that stainless RAC! just didn't look right on my black gun...

Computalotapus
23 October 2014, 05:45
That turned out awesome. What kind or irons are you looking at?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

camomike
23 October 2014, 09:21
Think I'm going to run diamondheads on it. Grabbing a chevron from Blitzkrieg components for them.

Pyzik
23 October 2014, 10:37
Very nice!

camomike
23 October 2014, 10:46
Loving how balanced it feels. The UBR almost entirely counters the barrel weight. The force on the front end is so light it's not even funny. The grip 23 with the POF EFP triggers feels like the perfect finger reach for me. So excited with how it turned out and came together. Overly pleased.

UWone77
23 October 2014, 11:30
Looks good Mike. I'm tempted to get this boogered up Forged Mega Lower NiB Coated.

Poly or Aluminum Diamondheads?

camomike
23 October 2014, 12:10
Aluminum for sure. Like the look of them more so than the poly's I've seen. Still waffling though. No experience with Diamondheads, but from the sight pictures I've seen I'm impressed. Probably going to be a couple pay checks before I can make that investment though.

Ride4frnt
23 October 2014, 12:18
I'm going to look into these when they come out. Seems to be a good alternative to the bulkier sights. Very low profile, non adjustable. Basically just note where they hit on target and always hold your rifle in the position to get you on target.

http://www.ar15news.com/2014/09/23/new-leitner-wise-manufacturing-esights/

UWone77
23 October 2014, 12:51
I have a couple sets of each, but to be honest, I'm not sure the aluminum ones are worth it compared to say Troy's, or even polymer MBUS's. If you like the sight picture then go for it!

camomike
23 October 2014, 13:00
Troy's are on the short list. Only have a set of DDefense 45 on my SPR and MBUIS's. Your word that they might not be worth the money is enough to make me reconsider them. You have a lot more experience in the matter than I do. Time for more thought.

WHSmithIV
23 October 2014, 14:25
That is super nice Mike. You could put 45 degree offsets on it for irons. Just a thought.

Strike1st
24 October 2014, 20:01
Pure hotness.

camomike
8 November 2014, 14:05
Scored a brand new (legit)Magpul MS4 sling on ebay for $30 shipped and a set of MBUS. Just need a QD for my force rail and a chevron sight and I'm calling this build good.

Ride4frnt
8 November 2014, 14:20
Scored a brand new (legit)Magpul MS4 sling on ebay for $30 shipped and a set of MBUS. Just need a QD for my force rail and a chevron sight and I'm calling this build good.

The force has integrated QD sockets. You looking for something else?

DutyUse
8 November 2014, 14:46
Normally I don't like receivers painted without the rail the same color. But wow this build looks amazing!

Nicely done! That barrel really sets it off

camomike
8 November 2014, 15:55
The force has integrated QD sockets. You looking for something else?

Wasn't aware of that. The force is my first keymod.

Ride4frnt
8 November 2014, 16:41
Wasn't aware of that. The force is my first keymod.

I just didn't know if you wanted something different that a QD in front or back of the rail. But I'm glad I told you before you bought a spare one.