PDA

View Full Version : Beverage of Choice?

GOST
17 June 2014, 04:09
I partake mostly of Scotch. I like to have a glass straight after I put the girls to bed. Dalmore is my favorite, but the shops are getting to proud of it.:(

Gaspipeshooter
17 June 2014, 05:43
I consider myself a Bourbon aficionado. On Father's Day my two daughters' "significant others" and I did an inventory and tasting. Some of my favorites: Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, Prichard's Double Barreled, Elmer T. Lee, and Four Roses Small Batch and Single Barrel. When it comes to Scotch, I'm less experienced, but I'm a fan of Balvenie Caribbean Cask and the Doublewood.

GOST
17 June 2014, 06:01
I like Woodford, it's what my buddy keeps on hand. For bourbon at room temp my favorite is Basil Hayden, if you haven't tried it I strongly recommend it. It's ridiculously smooth and dry.

Jerry R
17 June 2014, 06:02
I'm a Bailey's fan. A nice, cold double late in the evening ............ makes the cell phone pix fuzzy [BD]

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/pdogkilr/Food/Baileys_zps7cd1db8f.jpg~original

GOST
17 June 2014, 06:09
Since you like Bailey's do you ever partake in Irish car bombs?

camomike
17 June 2014, 06:17
Generally I'm a Scotch man... prefer it to be a bit peat-y. My current favorite is Oban, But I can never really go wrong with a nice black and tan http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Michael_Camo_Lohman/2014-03-16_20-16-31_778_zps9521e647.jpg

Jerry R
17 June 2014, 06:35
Since you like Bailey's do you ever partake in Irish car bombs?

Googled it - not sure I'm man enough !! The "must drink it quickly because it will curdle" got me. I am a Guinness fan too, and may have to give it a "shot". I would not order it in Dublin though !!

GOST
17 June 2014, 06:45
My friends love them, not a fan of Guinness myself. The Bailey's sure helps it out though.

gatordev
17 June 2014, 13:59
While going through flight school, one night we partook in "multiple" Irish car bombs at a local establishment. I was later asked to leave the premises. That was a decade and a half ago, so that must be why I can't remember much more of the story...

Pyzik
17 June 2014, 14:05
For a brewed beverage, Woodchuck Hard Cider. I love that stuff.

If I'm going with a spirit, Hendrix Gin with tonic. Sometimes with a twist of lime or some muddled cucumber.

Mmmm. I'm getting thirsty.

RiverRat
17 June 2014, 16:01
Largely dependant on mood and food.

I would say "wine" - but that's a pretty big bucket, especially for someone with my varied tastes. If I had to narrow it down, I would say wines from Burgundy. When we were in a corkage-friendly state, we could get away with more frequnet wine consumption, but Colorado law doesn't allow for such things. We still have a sizable cellar which we're trying to work through.

I rekindled a longstanding love affair with bourbon this winter, which didn't help us empty the cellar.....and if you pressed me into choosing just one right now, it would be EH Taylor Small Batch. I'll admit being pleasantly surprised by Bartherhouse from Diageo's Orphan Barrel Program, though.

browcs
17 June 2014, 16:18
My poison includes, when I drink alcohol which is not common, a dark PR rum (Bacardi or Don Q) or a red wine.

mustangfreek
17 June 2014, 16:35
Mountain dew...[:D]

sober for a few years now, went thru a bad time and woke up one day and said no more

browcs
17 June 2014, 17:31

sober for a few years now, went thru a bad time and woke up one day and said no more

Bravo MF!

Hellraiser
17 June 2014, 17:39

Same here... but I forced myself to quit not that long ago. Started out a sour mash drinker... mostly cause the family made it in the backwoods... a genuine, double-rectified, pop-skull it was... aged in plastic jugs. Went out west to ride horses in Tombstone... came back a certified Rye drinker... nearly my downfall.

Everybody has a "forbidden tree of fruit" in their own personal Garden of Eden's... mine happens to be hard alcohol.

Computalotapus
17 June 2014, 18:39
If its beer depends on the season. I like to try different beers. If its spirits I like the dark spiced rums, Capt. Morgan Black or Sailor Jerry's is what I keep in the house. Takes me about 5 months to go through a bottle and that is with the wife using it to cook with as well. If i spoil myself a nice bottle of Flora de Cana spiced rum straight over some cold stones.

Jerry R
17 June 2014, 18:45

Well said Sir! A man needs to know his limits.

akersc
17 June 2014, 19:10
I'm gonna go girly here and say Sex on the beach. Then the wild side says anything with tequila in it or just tequila straight out the bottle. 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eldogg
17 June 2014, 19:29

same here, now it's water or unsweetened tea.

FortTom
17 June 2014, 19:56
1. Iced Tea
2. Ginger Ale (small distributor hand crafted)
3. Gatorade
4. Cactus Cooler (not available in this area)
5. Orange Julius
[:D]

browcs
17 June 2014, 20:05
I'm gonna go girly here and say Sex on the beach. Then the wild side says anything with tequila in it or just tequila straight out the bottle. 😬

Nothing girly about that....sex on the beach generally follows having a bottle of tequila.

Orale.

Hahahaha!

GaSwamper
17 June 2014, 20:16
Use to love dark rums until my ulsers said no more but really miss the the homemade apple brandy. Now days if I do partake I have to stick with the beers mostly, Shiner, zeigan bock (I think that's how you spell it) and my smidge of trash requires bud light.

UWone77
17 June 2014, 20:29
I guess I'm with the rest of the Ice Tea Drinkers. (Black Tea unsweetened)

My wife told me to stop drinking soda in all forms, so I've switched almost all to Ice Tea and Sparkling water.

I did get wrecked the night before my wedding, which is about the last time I drank.

I think I'm still hurting from that night. [BD]

Ride4frnt
17 June 2014, 20:32
Googled it - not sure I'm man enough !! The "must drink it quickly because it will curdle" got me. I am a Guinness fan too, and may have to give it a "shot". I would not order it in Dublin though !!

We have an Irish pub in town, owned by a real Irishman. All his drinks are notoriously strong, and after a few of them, a car bomb is the last thing you want.

Ride4frnt
17 June 2014, 20:43
I'm with the rum crowd. Spiced mainly, Captain Black or Sailor Jerry, Bacardi Oakheart if I'm in the mood. Vodka on the rare occasion, Ketel One or Grey Goose.

Beer is a whole different story. I love all types of beers, specifically IPA's and Belgian Whites.

You folks outside of Maryland may not appreciate this, but Flying Dog is a local craft brewery, and they just made this seasonal brew. It's pretty good.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/Misc/230CB130-4A36-4FB2-AE04-07315128954B_zpsuvl4unno.jpg

For those of you that don't have access to Old Bay seasoning in your towns, order a can of it online. From French fries and crabs to beer, it goes well on anything. You won't be disappointed.

GOST
18 June 2014, 01:43
1. Iced Tea
2. Ginger Ale (small distributor hand crafted)
3. Gatorade
4. Cactus Cooler (not available in this area)
5. Orange Julius
[:D]
Man I love an Orange Julius.

Pyzik
18 June 2014, 03:26
I guess I'm with the rest of the Ice Tea Drinkers. (Black Tea unsweetened)

My wife told me to stop drinking soda in all forms, so I've switched almost all to Ice Tea and Sparkling water.

I did get wrecked the night before my wedding, which is about the last time I drank.

I think I'm still hurting from that night. [BD]

Wife is currently on a soap box trying to get me to quit pop.

voodoo_man
18 June 2014, 03:32
Hennessy Privilege

Accept no substitutes.

GOST
18 June 2014, 04:00
Wife is currently on a soap box trying to get me to quit pop.

All you Yankees using words like soda and pop.[:D]

tappedandtagged
18 June 2014, 08:38
^ Ha! It's Coke here, regardless of who makes it or even if it's a cola drink. It's just a Coke.

As for alcohol, I drink very rarely. If it's beer, it's usually a Michelob Ultra. Hard liquor, (more often than beer), I like Woodford Reserve and recently tried some Knob Creek Kentucky. The Knob was great, but I had too large of a glass on an empty stomach. I wasn't able to reload any ammo that day like I had planned. As for wine, well, that stuff is disgusting and I won't touch it.

That's about all I've had. I prefer Bourbon over any of the others. 99% of the time I drink water.

UWone77
18 June 2014, 09:00
That threw me for a loop the first time I was asked, "what can I get you to drink?"

"I'll have a coke."

"What kind of coke?"

"What do you mean what kind of coke? A coke."

"Coke, as in Sprite, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper."

"huh?"

WTF?! Just bring me a Coke!

Pyzik
18 June 2014, 09:40
That threw me for a loop the first time I was asked, "what can I get you to drink?"

"I'll have a coke."

"What kind of coke?"

"huh?"

Almost the same experience here, hahaha.

And sweet tea is rot the teeth out of your head sweet.

TripleBravo
18 June 2014, 11:37
Miller Lite...my "everyday" beer:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2915/14469879093_241354e887_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/o3DUW2)Violent Little Machine Shop (https://flic.kr/p/o3DUW2) by Triple Bravo (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

FortTom
18 June 2014, 11:44

"I'll have a coke."

"What kind of coke?"

"huh?"

UW, you're just not doing it right. In KY "everything" is a coke (little c) It has to do with circumstance and proper vocal inflection. If you go "gimme a coke", then the question of what type of "coke" you want. Pepsi? Dr. Pepper? etc.. Following me?

Now if you say "gimme a COKE" with the proper vocal inflection, you'll be asked; regular, diet? Coke Zero? (Coke with a capital C).

Lastly, since you'd be encountering this in KY, well if you ask for a Bourbon and coke, of course the bar keep is going to put Coca Cola in your bourbon, although I can't understand, and neither can the bar keep, why in the heck you're going to pour coke into top notch Bourbon. Whiskey and coke is considered o.k., though.

Get it now? O.K., it does take a bit of study and practice, but it's a great system that has served us well for years.[:D]

FT

GOST
18 June 2014, 13:07
I knew FT would understand.

GOST
18 June 2014, 13:07
Miller Lite...my "everyday" beer:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2915/14469879093_241354e887_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/o3DUW2)Violent Little Machine Shop (https://flic.kr/p/o3DUW2) by Triple Bravo (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

That bottle opener is great.

Jerry R
18 June 2014, 14:28
My current favorite beer - also with opener(s)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/pdogkilr/IMG_2403GuinesswithTwins_zpsd7008b73.jpg~original

GOST
18 June 2014, 15:55
My favorite beer is Rogue Brutal Bitter, due to it's price I don't drink it often.

FortTom
18 June 2014, 16:40
My current favorite beer - also with opener(s)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/pdogkilr/IMG_2403GuinesswithTwins_zpsd7008b73.jpg~original

I like dark beer too, Jerry. However a couple of dark beers fills me to the point that I feel like I just ate a 20 lb. hamburger. I learned my lesson with mass consumption of dark beer (heavy dark beer) in Europe as a young G.I. Also learned that the lack of excess carbonation makes it come up just as easy as it went down. Oh to be a young kid again...[:D]

FT

akersc
18 June 2014, 19:35
Nothing girly about that....sex on the beach generally follows having a bottle of tequila.

Orale.

Hahahaha!

Hahaha weirdo 😉

akersc
18 June 2014, 19:35
All you Yankees using words like soda and pop.[:D]

Um serious question, if not soda or pop what the heck do you call it? 😳

Ride4frnt
18 June 2014, 19:38

Coke

GOST
19 June 2014, 02:19

Coke like Ride4frnt said. I guess if Tony Montoya was your waiter using coke instead of pop or soda could result in booger sugar.

GOST
19 June 2014, 02:22
Almost the same experience here, hahaha.

And sweet tea is rot the teeth out of your head sweet.

I have to agree with you on it being to sweet.

Calico Jack
19 June 2014, 04:09
iced peppermint tea... I have never been a drinker. I can count the amount of alcohol beverages that I have tasted on one hand. I count the amount I have consumed on 2 fingers. I do like the taste great Tequila. Ofcourse my nickname was straightlace grown up.

MoxyDave
19 June 2014, 10:27
In the land of Colorado, micro-brewed beer is the drink of choice. There are so many breweries here now I don't really have a favorite, I just keep trying different IPAs ...

GaSwamper
19 June 2014, 14:49
After seeing the mentions of sweet tea yea that's my daily driver kinda drink and yes you Yankees it should be sweet enough to chew it and on ice. The Coke thing must be a Alabaminian thing or something, when I want a coke I say coke when I want a mello yello that whats I say. Pepsi is for you Yankees and florida Yankees. And yes if you live Atlanta or above you are a yankee. Just playin with the yankee stuff guys lol.

GOST
19 June 2014, 19:36
[BD]Mason-Dixon Line and above is a Yankee.

Ride4frnt
19 June 2014, 21:20
[BD]Mason-Dixon Line and above is a Yankee.

I live (unfortunately) 1/4 mile south of the Mason-Dixon line... I'm being screwed by the people's republic of Maryland by one quarter of one mile. How's that for crappy?

GaSwamper
20 June 2014, 07:16
I live (unfortunately) 1/4 mile south of the Mason-Dixon line... I'm being screwed by the people's republic of Maryland by one quarter of one mile. How's that for crappy?

So what's crappy about being south of the Mason Dixon?

Ride4frnt
20 June 2014, 12:31
So what's crappy about being south of the Mason Dixon?

Maryland is VERY anti-gun. Not saying south of the line is crappy, south of the line IN maryland is crappy.

GaSwamper
20 June 2014, 17:00
Maryland is VERY anti-gun. Not saying south of the line is crappy, south of the line IN maryland is crappy.

Gotcha. Yea I new it was pretty bad there I just done see me fittin in very well. Could be worse though you could live in Cali.

gatordev
21 June 2014, 11:22
Gotcha. Yea I new it was pretty bad there I just done see me fittin in very well. Could be worse though you could live in Cali.

While I was more than happy to leave for several reasons (not just gun-related), you may be surprised to know it's much easier to get an AR in CA than in MD. A crazy world, I know.

Wolverine
22 June 2014, 08:15
Coffee & Water and that's about it. I don't know anything about fancy coffee making or the wearing of ironic 50's styled BCG's. Just Coffee and Water.

GOST
22 June 2014, 11:14
Welcome to WEVO Wolverine.

Wolverine
22 June 2014, 12:42
Thanks, i didn't know where to start posting so this seemed like a good place to park.

camomike
22 June 2014, 20:06
Sometimes you just have to fold in the mirrors and make it fit. Welcome Wolverine.

2ATA
23 June 2014, 05:41
Water and an occasional Monster or Red Bull.

GOST
23 June 2014, 14:15
I like the Monster M3 extract.

Aragorn
23 June 2014, 14:26
I like the Monster M3 extract.

Are you talking about the little 3oz. bottle? I tried that once and it was the first time I've ever actually felt my synapses crackle. I stick with Red Bull red edition now. Though I'd say my favorite beverage is Fraoch heather ale, which I've only tried in Scotland and you can't get here. :(

GOST
23 June 2014, 14:47
Yeah it's the small bottle, around here you usually find it in truck stops.

RobSWVA
29 September 2014, 12:59
When I do drink, which isnt all that often, I mainly do beer. As far as spirits go, when I do, its dark...whiskey, bourbon, rum...and some 'shine of course when the mood hits me.
Got turned on to a really good microbrew company when I was livin' in FL called Highlands Brewing Company. Now that I'm back in VA and only an hr from NC where they are located,
I find it easily. here's a couple of my favorites. If you try them, I recommend letting the porter warm a bit, the malt comes out a bit better when its warmer, and I like my darker beers a bit on the sweeter/maltier side. As far as the ale goes, that stuff would be good finding it in a fallout shelter 10 yrs down the road.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/802729/5533469068_afe08f46ec.jpg

http://www.heavemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/gaelic.jpg

GOST
29 September 2014, 18:54
For beers I like Rogue Brutal Bitter, even though it's over priced.

RobSWVA
1 October 2014, 16:01
haha, just realized that first stock pic i grabbed from google has a LaRue Tactical opener in the pic. Damn I'm smooth...

toolboxluis00200
1 October 2014, 16:12
coke i have health issues so no beer or liquor for me

XACT_ABORT
1 October 2014, 16:38
I tend to move around on the beers... In my neck of the woods it's most anything from Boulevard Brewing Company, I like most of their stuff however...

I have always been a big fan of Guinness, but I found one that blows it out of the water. MoxyDave will know this one I'm sure, Milk Stout by Left Hand Brewing Co. My current favorite.

iowa hawkeyes
1 October 2014, 18:54
Porters and IPA's for me

yellowfin
2 October 2014, 12:40
For beer, something from Abita or Shiner is usually on hand. I drink about a half gallon of iced tea daily, cardamom and mint to keep my nasal allergies controlled.

GOST
2 October 2014, 14:22
Abita Turbo Dog and Shiner Bock are both great beers for the price.

Will@AR15Hunter
2 October 2014, 14:25
I like a good craft beer now and then. I'm starting to warm up to IPAs, however I'm still a big fan of stouts and porters. I also like to dabble in wine making. I have two 6 gallon batches that are ready to bottle :)

soulstealer13
2 October 2014, 20:55
Well I usually drink tequila but I was recently enlightened about an amazing rootbeer float. 1 Oz Jameson 1 Oz butterscotch schnapps 1 Oz baileys. Then mix it with rootbeer and you have an amazing rootbeer float that will sneak up on you.

GOST
2 October 2014, 21:09
Very interesting root beer float.

DutyUse
2 October 2014, 21:47
Don't drink ever. So I guess I'd say some kind of MIO watering flavor

Briansz1
2 October 2014, 23:12
sailor jerry rum, chilled in the freezer

GOST
3 October 2014, 04:48
Don't drink ever. So I guess I'd say some kind of MIO watering flavor

Nothing wrong with that, most my friends don't drink. I'm a big fan of diet lemonade from Chik-Fil-A, my girls favorite place to eat.

rob_s
3 October 2014, 05:57
I was drinking "craft beer" 20 years ago when it was called "microbrew" and "imports". The latest upsurge in the popularity of this nonsense has ruined it for me. You have a bunch of people with no taste standing in line for hours to get the latest hop-barf-bomb and proclaiming it's deliciousness. Suburban housewives sit around at pool parties and talk about their favorite beer. Nah, no thanks.

So I went back to my college beer of Pabst Blue Ribbon, only to find the hipsters driving the price up.

I've settled on Budweiser now. not Bud Light, Bud. It seems universally hated as well as universally available. I also genuinely like Sam Adams, and almost all of their seasonals that don't say "hop" in the name, so that's another easy one.

For grownup drinks, I like rum. But it can't have a bat or a pirate on the label. My favorites for mixing with Pepsi (as a southerner, not using Coke causes me physical pain, but only Pepsi has a version available with real sugar) are Barbancourt (http://www.barbancourt.net/) (4 or 8 year, I don't care) and Zaya (http://www.infiniumspirits.com/brands/zaya_rum/zaya_rum.html). Both give the coke a bit of a vanilla flavor that I really like. My default sipping rum is Ron Zacapa 23 (http://www.zacaparum.com/en-us/the-range), largely because most good bars have it available. I drink it on the rocks, which seems to upset people that like "good" rum, which also makes me happy. Zaya is easy to have someone else pick up at the store, "get me the one with the wicker around the neck".

skijunkie55
3 October 2014, 06:20
So I went back to my college beer of Pabst Blue Ribbon, only to find the hipsters driving the price up.

I've had PBR stocked in my beer fridge for years... And they got sold to some commies. No need to line the pockets of those bastards.
Now I limit my selection to the local breweries. New Holland, Founders, Bell's, etc. West Michigan has some great choices!

Current favorites for the hard stuff: Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon, Jameson 18 year, Kettle One for martinis.

GOST
3 October 2014, 07:08
Never had either Zaya or Barbancourt, but I do like vanilla in my Coke so I'll have to give it a try.

rob_s
3 October 2014, 07:45
Never had either Zaya or Barbancourt, but I do like vanilla in my Coke so I'll have to give it a try.

Barbancourt in Coke is what turned me on to "good rum". I always hated rum because I had only ever had pirates and bats, and even Coke could only marginally mask the hideous taste of that swill.

Careful with the Barbancourt and the Zaya, you can pour damn near a 50/50 mix and not get any burn, so it's easy for things to get out of hand quick!

Computalotapus
3 October 2014, 08:08
Barbancourt in Coke is what turned me on to "good rum". I always hated rum because I had only ever had pirates and bats, and even Coke could only marginally mask the hideous taste of that swill.

Careful with the Barbancourt and the Zaya, you can pour damn near a 50/50 mix and not get any burn, so it's easy for things to get out of hand quick!

My rum of choice is 18yr old Flora De Cana no need to mix it just drop it over some cold stones and enjoy.

GOST
3 October 2014, 08:12

Definitely gonna give this a try. Which do you prefer more?

rob_s
3 October 2014, 08:30
My rum of choice is 18yr old Flora De Cana no need to mix it just drop it over some cold stones and enjoy.

Flor is a good one too. Don't see it at bars quite as often, which is where I wind up drinking most of my rocks rum. At home I have a pretty decent selection of somewhat obscure stuff that I cycle through, all of which was gifted, none of which I can recall the name of now.

Definitely gonna give this a try. Which do you prefer more?
Zaya has the stronger vanilla flavor, to my tongue. Barbancourt 4-year is probably the cheapest of the bunch.

GOST
3 October 2014, 08:40
Thanks Rob, I believe I'll try the Zaya.

0uTkAsT
3 October 2014, 12:14
I really like dark Mexican beers for everyday drinking, Modelo Negra and Dos Equis Amber in particular.

When I'm drinking alone and sipping on some beer just to enjoy it, I like real dark stouts like Odell Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout, Sam Adams Black & Brew Coffee Stout, New Belgium Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout, etc.

A good bourbon like Pappy Van Winkle is great to sip on when I'm having my cigars.

I like good old fashioned sweet tea with a splash of vodka while smoking my pipe (usually filled with black cherry tobacco, and just typing this is making me crave a puff right now).

RobSWVA
3 October 2014, 12:19
speaking of vanilla coke....one thing I aint had in years is vanilla coke and southern comfort. great mix if you like to mix it

GOST
3 October 2014, 12:41
Me personally I don't like premixed vanilla Coke. I like mixing in the vanilla syrup.

0uTkAsT
3 October 2014, 15:21
speaking of vanilla coke....one thing I aint had in years is vanilla coke and southern comfort. great mix if you like to mix it

It's Friday afternoon and I'm still sitting here at work craving one of these now.

Thanks, bruh.

RobSWVA
3 October 2014, 18:36
It's Friday afternoon and I'm still sitting here at work craving one of these now.

Thanks, bruh.

lol, np, now you got something to look forward too....er, or considering the time it is right now, did have something to look forward too ;)

Reaper277
3 October 2014, 20:35
Beer give me an ice cold New Castle, or a Ziegen Bock.
I'm always down for a good pino noir
And if it says whiskey on the bottle chances are I'll like it, but I prefer Crown on the rocks.
I've in the last few years started to get into scotch, but I don't have a preference yet

GOST
4 October 2014, 04:17
Dalmore used to be my favorite scotch, used to be $29.99 for 750ml also.

GOST
4 October 2014, 04:20
If you like your bourbon at room tempature I like Basil Hayden, the smoothest I've had.

Shift.Six
4 October 2014, 17:22
Double tap: sorry

Shift.Six
4 October 2014, 17:41
Not sure what happened... Tried using Tapatalk app to reply to this thread but I think I sent it as a message to someone hahaha sorry about that....

Anyways, I'm an Anejo Tequila kinda guy.... Avion on the rocks, with a good cigar. :-) Perfect.

Also enjoy Scotch, and Gin.

For Scotch, Balvenie Caribbean Cask lately

For Gin, Hendricks. No question.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/0D80C632-FDFA-473E-9396-8E392F8137C6-3696-000002269C3DF104_zps1421930a.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/0D80C632-FDFA-473E-9396-8E392F8137C6-3696-000002269C3DF104_zps1421930a.jpg.html)

ThatGunGuy
4 October 2014, 19:17
I had the chance to do some Rum sampling the other day and found two good sipping Rums. One is Diplomatico, which is a Venezuelan, and the other was called Caribou Crossing. Both were extremely smooth and good on the rocks.

hawzwood
4 October 2014, 23:37
I haven't tried the stones yet...will have to pick some up.

hawzwood
4 October 2014, 23:38
Me personally I don't like premixed vanilla Coke. I like mixing in the vanilla syrup.

That sounds good...is there a particular vanilla syrup that does the trick best (and ratio)?

Nathan_Mack
5 October 2014, 09:00
I partake mostly of Scotch. I like to have a glass straight after I put the girls to bed. Dalmore is my favorite, but the shops are getting to proud of it.:(

I'm a Bourbon man. Right now in am sipping my way through a bottle of Evan Williams 11 year. For a sub-$50 Bourbon ithe is outright fantastic.

IF I partake in a cocktail, it is an Old Fashioned. For parties I will make Whiskey Sours by request, but you'd better have at least one glass of whiskey neat or on the rocks in my presence.

I like Scotch, to, but always neat.

GOST
5 October 2014, 11:22
That sounds good...is there a particular vanilla syrup that does the trick best (and ratio)?

Not really just to taste.

Computalotapus
5 October 2014, 17:53
When you tell the wife you want to try some new rum's and she sends you pictures from the store

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/spirits.jpg

Gaspipeshooter
5 October 2014, 18:02
Not sure what happened... Tried using Tapatalk app to reply to this thread but I think I sent it as a message to someone hahaha sorry about that....

Anyways, I'm an Anejo Tequila kinda guy.... Avion on the rocks, with a good cigar. :-) Perfect.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/0D80C632-FDFA-473E-9396-8E392F8137C6-3696-000002269C3DF104_zps1421930a.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/0D80C632-FDFA-473E-9396-8E392F8137C6-3696-000002269C3DF104_zps1421930a.jpg.html)

Just had some of the Balvenie Portwood 21 Year on Friday; friend of mine received a bottle as a gift. Picked up another bottle of Caribbean Cask yesterday.

Gaspipeshooter
5 October 2014, 18:11
I'm a Bourbon man. Right now in am sipping my way through a bottle of Evan Williams 11 year. For a sub-$50 Bourbon ithe is outright fantastic.

IF I partake in a cocktail, it is an Old Fashioned. For parties I will make Whiskey Sours by request, but you'd better have at least one glass of whiskey neat or on the rocks in my presence.

I like Scotch, to, but always neat.

If you like the Evan Williams, try the Larceny Bourbon from Heaven Hill. One of my all time favorites and very inexpensive for what you get. Woodford Reserve Double Oaked is one of my top 3 favorites, along with Barton's and Basil Hayden's. Willett Pot Still Reserve is another great Bourbon.

Dstrbdmedic167
5 October 2014, 18:15
Well I've been a Crown Black guy since it came out.. Recently wanted to try something else and found something called Forty Creek... Smoother than reserve and A LOT cheaper....

GOST
5 October 2014, 18:40

Seeing those rocks in your glass reminds me of my buddy Wayne. That's all he uses, says he hates ice watering his drink down.

GOST
5 October 2014, 18:41
When you tell the wife you want to try some new rum's and she sends you pictures from the store

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/spirits.jpg

Looks like Rob got ya. Your wife rocks, mine just throws the car keys at me.

Computalotapus
5 October 2014, 18:54
Looks like Rob got ya. Your wife rocks, mine just throws the car keys at me.

I love a good rum been on the Flora De Cana bandwagon for a long time. About to make a road trip to Missouri to visit DMO Knives and Jason Winnie Leather Goods thought I would take a little something to share with them.

GOST
5 October 2014, 19:16
Have a good trip Comp.

Computalotapus
5 October 2014, 19:19
Have a good trip Comp.

Thanks. We will post about the trip when we get back next week.

Gaspipeshooter
9 October 2014, 07:37
Any of you Rum drinkers ever had Brugal, from the Dominican Republic? I've got a bottle that has been sitting around since my wife and I got back from our honeymoon, and wondering if I ought to crack it...

rob_s
9 October 2014, 10:07
Any of you Rum drinkers ever had Brugal, from the Dominican Republic? I've got a bottle that has been sitting around since my wife and I got back from our honeymoon, and wondering if I ought to crack it...

Great with coke, not so good with ice.

jojo46
9 October 2014, 13:40
I've been on a health kick lately so I don't drink as often as I did before. I like to try new beers with my current favorite being Freeride by Alaskan.

As far as hard liquors go, I prefer Woodford Reserve for bourbon and Macallan 12 for scotch. I do love trying out new bourbons and scotch but those are my go to drinks when I want something to sip on.

GOST
9 October 2014, 14:15
Basil Hayden is my favorite bourbon, it's best at room tempature. Dalmore used to be my favorite scotch before it started going up in price.

Gaspipeshooter
9 October 2014, 19:06
I've been on a health kick lately so I don't drink as often as I did before. I like to try new beers with my current favorite being Freeride by Alaskan.

As far as hard liquors go, I prefer Woodford Reserve for bourbon and Macallan 12 for scotch. I do love trying out new bourbons and scotch but those are my go to drinks when I want something to sip on.

If you like Woodford Reserve, you really need to try the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. It's one of my all time top 3...

GOST
9 October 2014, 19:08
Gonna try Zaya recommended by Rob_S tomorrow.

Gaspipeshooter
10 October 2014, 03:46
Basil Hayden is my favorite bourbon, it's best at room tempature. Dalmore used to be my favorite scotch before it started going up in price.

Basil has a high Rye content to the mash bill. If you like it, you may want to try some of the American Rye whiskeys out there. I'm a fan of Ryes as well and have several different labels on hand.

GOST
10 October 2014, 16:59
Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

jojo46
11 October 2014, 14:02
If you like Woodford Reserve, you really need to try the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. It's one of my all time top 3...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pick up a bottle when I finish off my current bottle, although that can be a couple of months.

GOST
11 October 2014, 14:44

Does double oaked mean 2x the price also?

Gaspipeshooter
11 October 2014, 18:43
Does double oaked mean 2x the price also?

No sir. Regardless, it's worth the price difference!

yellowfin
12 October 2014, 08:55
I suppose I'm odd in saying that as far as Scotch goes I really prefer Islays, typically Laphroaig, Bowmore, and when I can find it Bunnahabhain.

JTS-M1A
12 October 2014, 09:07
I rarely drink but when I do I prefer to drink monopolowa vodka

SGT.G
12 October 2014, 09:35
Jack is my preferred for liquor, coolers for beer... Until I can find this beer I had while in Germany.

Gaspipeshooter
12 October 2014, 09:47
I suppose I'm odd in saying that as far as Scotch goes I really prefer Islays, typically Laphroaig, Bowmore, and when I can find it Bunnahabhain.

Of the Islays, Laphroig is probably the one I like the best. I'm really more of a Highland Scotch guy, as previously mentioned Balvenie, Glenfiddich, and Macallan being my favorites.

GOST
12 October 2014, 10:45
I also prefer a highland. Dalmore and Glenfiddich are my favorites.

BP_Z28
12 October 2014, 13:54
Reds apple ale

GOST
12 October 2014, 18:17
Store was out of Zaya so I got Barbancourt 4yr instead. It's very good and priced well, $22.

Hmac
12 October 2014, 18:56
Store was out of Zaya so I got Barbancourt 4yr instead. It's very good and priced well, $22.
Barbancourt is excellent rum. I've been a frequent traveler to Haiti for 20 years, never fail to bring some back.

http://ssequine.net/barbancourt.jpg

camomike
12 October 2014, 19:28
I'm a Highland single fan. Oban and Glenmorangie are two of my favorites.

din
12 October 2014, 21:02
grape kool-aid.

UWone77
12 October 2014, 21:23
2 Buck Chuck is what I'm partial to.

camomike
12 October 2014, 21:28
2 Buck Chuck is what I'm partial to.

No accounting for taste... [:D]

din
12 October 2014, 21:51
No accounting for taste... [:D]

hey, it just gives him more money for ammo.

GOST
14 October 2014, 16:02
Since you guys went and got the Stickman Giveaway Discussion thread locked you can post here.[BD]

toolboxluis00200
14 October 2014, 16:53
Since you guys went and got the Stickman Giveaway Discussion thread locked you can post here.[BD]

lol i saw that i was like :(

Gaspipeshooter
14 October 2014, 18:19
Enjoying a Michter's Rye while reading through the 100k Giveaway thread...

GOST
14 October 2014, 19:08
Your taste is more sophisticated than mine.

GOST
14 October 2014, 19:11
UW if there is a next time you and Stick may want to draft help. Now get back to work and make some special person happy.[BD]

din
14 October 2014, 19:15
enjoying a refreshin quart of grape kool-aid.

GOST
14 October 2014, 19:29
Better watch that grape it'll lock you up.

camomike
14 October 2014, 20:53
Better watch that grape it'll lock you up.

Is that the same as lead in your pencil?

shenvalleywc
15 October 2014, 04:21
I've been loving Smith & Forge hard cider lately. Kraken rum too. After buying Flor de Cana in Nica for $4 a bottle, it hurts to spend $20 on it here, but it is good.

xAZxE30x
16 October 2014, 09:45
I am a big Guinness fan, not so much out of the bottle or can but I will still drink it. Vodka anything if I am looking to have some real fun

Pyzik
16 October 2014, 09:55
Woodchuck Hard Cider

Enjoying some while refinishing a Mosin.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1513270_10153668102190720_587510145_n.jpg?oh=27717 1765e2ec8c09d278d7e7f77a3ee&oe=54C3F81D&__gda__=1425246629_17926e196337641c7984516030120be 0

GOST
16 October 2014, 17:14
I want to see that Mosin when it's finished.

SwissyJim
18 October 2014, 10:26
Beer... nectar of the Gods. Specifically, IPA
And cannot wait to use this for it (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/growlerwerks/the-ukegtm-pressurized-growler-for-fresh-beer)

Gaspipeshooter
19 October 2014, 04:11
And cannot wait to use this for it (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/growlerwerks/the-ukegtm-pressurized-growler-for-fresh-beer)

I'm getting in on that deal! Thanks for the link SwissyJim!

GOST
19 October 2014, 06:52
Word of advice, when coming to Disney World bring your own liquor. Stuff cost an arm and a leg here.

Aberration79
19 October 2014, 07:34
Thanks for sharing that! Besides the best beers, one of the few liquors I drink.

http://www.yeolgrogdistillery.com/images/body-products-06.jpg

xAZxE30x
19 October 2014, 11:03

Woah!! This will be fucking awesome. That's one thing I always wished my growler had. Can't wait!

WHSmithIV
19 October 2014, 13:33
We like beer, red wine, I like whiskey too. My favorite beverage is water though.

SwissyJim
19 October 2014, 14:30
I'm getting in on that deal! Thanks for the link SwissyJim!
Badass doesn't even cover it, does it? I'm getting 2 of the 128oz ones. Going out to the cabin for a week of boating/shrimping/fishing just got a whole lot more fun!

browcs
19 October 2014, 14:44
Water....hot tea with milk....red wine....dark rum (in that order).

ddearmon2010
20 October 2014, 12:14
margaritas.... beer...... milk

aatheiss
20 October 2014, 12:50
I like Shiner Bock, but beer in general tends to give me gas. My current favorite is Dr Pepper and cheap whiskey.

ddearmon2010
20 October 2014, 13:43
beer I'd for those days that you just want something cold..... gives me a headache if I drink too much of it..... liquor is all day and I'm good though

GOST
20 October 2014, 18:56
I like Shiner Bock, but beer in general tends to give me gas. My current favorite is Dr Pepper and cheap whiskey.

I'm hearing ya, Kentucky Gentleman is good and extremely cheap.

Gaspipeshooter
21 October 2014, 06:33

If I'm going to use a mixer, it's usually Coke and I mix it with Evan Williams or Buffalo Trace.

clint224
21 October 2014, 23:35
All we drank in college was bush and bud light now I can't stand it, mainly budwiser, sam adams, and yuengling. Liqour wise it be jager or something mixed with vodka. Other than that pepsi ice tea and water

John7
22 October 2014, 00:00
Dr. Pepper.........room temperature

DOKE
22 October 2014, 03:29
Water and Monster Zero Ultra.

clint224
22 October 2014, 12:06
Oh left out monster. Got an ultra red in my hand right now

GOST
22 October 2014, 12:21
For you Red Bull drinkers here is a chance for you to get some free Red Bull. It comes from a lawsuit for $13,000,000 that it doesn't give you wings among other stuff.

http://abc7chicago.com/business/red-bull-sued-because-it-does-not-give-you-wings-now-wants-to-pay-you-in-cash/342015/

aatheiss
22 October 2014, 12:26
As for non-alcoholic drinks, I can't get enough of Chicken Express sweet tea. Unfortunately, the closest one is 1.5 hours away...

GOST
22 October 2014, 13:17
Chik-Fil-A diet lemonade

Lkb513
22 October 2014, 14:29
Orangade monster rehab!

ddearmon2010
22 October 2014, 15:19
For you Red Bull drinkers here is a chance for you to get some free Red Bull. It comes from a lawsuit for $13,000,000 that it doesn't give you wings among other stuff.

http://abc7chicago.com/business/red-bull-sued-because-it-does-not-give-you-wings-now-wants-to-pay-you-in-cash/342015/

stupid ass law suit.... people that sure for shit like this just piss me off...

mustangfreek
22 October 2014, 15:48
Mountain dew...

GOST
22 October 2014, 16:29
Mountain dew...

You know what Yellow Dye No. 5 does to you.[BD]

mustangfreek
22 October 2014, 17:14

HuhWhatDidyousay.....

lol...[:D]

aatheiss
22 October 2014, 17:24
Chik-Fil-A diet lemonade

Never tried the unleaded, but their real lemonade is what I get almost every time I eat there

GOST
22 October 2014, 18:09
The unleaded is just as good and 60 calories.

Ride4frnt
22 October 2014, 20:26
Drinking beer just to drink beer I drink miller lite, drinking beer to enjoy myself for a few libations I like a select number of IPAs. I'm a big fan of hefeweizen's. Liquor, I'm a rum person, and occasionally I'll enjoy a fine vodka.

Dstrbdmedic167
22 October 2014, 20:30
My newest favorite is forty creek! Smoother than crown reserve and half the price!!

Gaspipeshooter
23 October 2014, 06:53
My newest favorite is forty creek! Smoother than crown reserve and half the price!!

Personally I'm not a fan of Canadian Blended Whiskeys or Whiskys, as the case may be. Last night I had some Knob Creek Single Barrel Bourbon, and Russell's Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon. Both are now on my list of "definitely again" Bourbons.

castiel
23 October 2014, 09:51
Love me some wild turkey!

Lkb513
28 October 2014, 05:37
Nothing like a ice cold miller lite after a long night of work!

ddearmon2010
28 October 2014, 06:03

yes but it has orange juice in it....

GOST
31 March 2015, 20:39
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0240/9829/products/Whiskey_Bullet_Collage_1024x1024.jpg?v=1427577197

Whiskey Bullets are the perfect Violent Little accompaniment since we love whiskey and bullets so much. Made of stainless steel, pop these beauties in the freezer and use them to chill your whiskey, or any beverage for that matter, without watering it down. Couple it with the Whiskey Bullet Cylinder, the perfect storage device.

Each Set Comes With Six Bullets and Case
Made of Stainless Steel
Not for Liberals
Great for Children

MSRP $44.99

http://www.violentlittle.com/collections/apparel/products/whiskey-bullets

Deadwing
1 April 2015, 02:25
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0240/9829/products/Whiskey_Bullet_Collage_1024x1024.jpg?v=1427577197

Whiskey Bullets are the perfect Violent Little accompaniment since we love whiskey and bullets so much. Made of stainless steel, pop these beauties in the freezer and use them to chill your whiskey, or any beverage for that matter, without watering it down. Couple it with the Whiskey Bullet Cylinder, the perfect storage device.

Each Set Comes With Six Bullets and Case
Made of Stainless Steel
Not for Liberals
Great for Children

MSRP $44.99

http://www.violentlittle.com/collections/apparel/products/whiskey-bullets

We need these in the T&E program! Heck, i'll even supply my own liquor. [BD] Not much worse than watered down whiskey.