PDA

View Full Version : FASTmag Carrier

Uglyduck
20 September 2008, 14:32
I saw this the other day while surfing. Anyone have any experiences with it? Comments?

http://www.downeastinc.com/FASTmag/1685.html

Stickman
20 September 2008, 21:29
I've used something similar, but I'm not sure if its the same one. Its a quick way to slap a mag pouch on most things, and works well enough. I think there are two versions, an older and newer one.

Not sure if I have one floating around over here, if I do, I'll get some pictures of it up.

The biggest thing I was interested in was if it would work with Magpul PMAGs, and they do.

Uglyduck
21 September 2008, 07:34
The Gen 1's were a bit bulky and took up a lot of room on a rig, the new Gen 2's are smaller and fit the mag a lot better. They also use a thick rubber band (like the "Live Strong" band) which can be adjusted up or down to increase or decrease tension. Gen 1's used elastic. For added security a "jump strap" can be added as well. These appear to be a good, secure solution for a quick mag that doesn't bounce out of an open pouch. I'm considering adding one to my rig for a test run.

Stickman
21 September 2008, 13:52
Sounds like you are pretty familiar with the product, if you end up doing a test run, and want to do a write up on it, I would be more than happy to put it up in the review section if you have any interest.

Uglyduck
22 September 2008, 12:32
I'd love to, I'll put something together in between reports. I'm curious if anyone else has used it, seems to be a little know product.

Casca
23 September 2008, 12:45
used one down range, worked well enough, just had issues when getting in the weeds, the dust made it tricky to use on occasion... overall it was a 1 & 3/4 thumbs up.