PDA

View Full Version : Google Declares War on the Firearm Industry

Thompson
5 July 2014, 11:04
I stumbled upon this article earlier today via AR-15 Gun Owners of America (Facebook).

BIG MISTAKE: Google just declared war on the firearm industry (http://youngcons.com/big-mistake-google-just-declared-war-on-the-firearm-industry/#lightbox/0/)

Then doing some backtracking through the links in article, I was able to get to this page: Dangerous Products or Services (https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6014299?hl=en#survey=true)

The second link seems to look legitimately a page actually from Google and not some sort of hoax on the interwebs.

Has anyone else heard about this at all?

UWone77
5 July 2014, 11:09
Google has not been a friend to the firearms industry for years. A few years back if you did a search on a firearms part, they removed all listings from the shopping tab. This is just another salvo.

Bing sucks, but I've been using it instead of Google.

FortTom
5 July 2014, 11:13
Warning: Both Norton Anti-Virus and SPYBOT malware detector went bezerk after being on that page for about 30 seconds. Don't know if it was something with local ISP, or the website, but I thought I'd just pass this along.

FT

Thompson
5 July 2014, 11:26
... well that would explain why I don't get too many links from where to purchase "Jack Carbine" ...

FT - not sure what to tell you. Haven't had problems for mine.

(Also a Bing'er too)

browcs
5 July 2014, 11:28
I'm a Bing user as well....Google blows.

Computalotapus
5 July 2014, 11:59
I am a Microsoft Fanboy..always have been. I tell the Android guys at work how much google blows and how it has a Big Brother mentality. They collect every bit of digital information about you and pass it along to "sponsors".
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

gatordev
5 July 2014, 13:09
It's important to note that none of the linked article, which is already pretty weak on any actual information, says anything about search, just ads. And as UWone said, that's not anything new for Google, who disabled firearm products in its shopping search a long time ago. If you don't want to use Google, don't use Google, but it's not exactly as dramatic as the title implies.

Thompson
5 July 2014, 13:11
You make a good point.