PDA

View Full Version : Stickman 100K Giveaway Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

UWone77
13 September 2014, 16:33
I'm in

And... MechMan82 has been spared any further harassment... we have a new winner in the noob department.

WHSmithIV
13 September 2014, 16:38
I'm wondering how this is all going to work. There are so many prizes. Stick did an awesome job with this in getting that many companies on board.

Ride4frnt
13 September 2014, 16:50
This just goes to show how popular stick is. We have almost as many entries in this in a few hours as we did in the WEVO giveaway

UWone77
13 September 2014, 16:59
This just goes to show how popular stick is. We have almost as many entries in this in a few hours as we did in the WEVO giveaway

10k views on the thread. Crazy. Yeah, plus he built this up for over a month. I think people just couldn't wait to be in!

MechMan82
13 September 2014, 17:04
And... MechMan82 has been spared any further harassment... we have a new winner in the noob department.

Hahaha glad I'm just the FNG now.....

UWone77
13 September 2014, 17:13
Hahaha glad I'm just the FNG now.....

LOL... I knew it would happen. At least you noticed it, the other guy? Not so much.

MechMan82
13 September 2014, 17:33
LOL... I knew it would happen. At least you noticed it, the other guy? Not so much.

In all honesty, I downloaded the phone app and realized what I did. Before I had a chance, I got zapped. Hahaha good stuff!

GaSwamper
13 September 2014, 17:38
I knew this thing was gonna be big but wow, over 12,000 views already. Love it, gonna be some happy folks before long.

camomike
13 September 2014, 21:10
This thing is insanely amazing. It boggles my mind how big this thing has gotten. Really hoping Stick tosses some prints into the mix. Remind people what brought them here; his art.

UWone77
13 September 2014, 21:19
I've been having to manually approve accounts like crazy because people are too lazy to check their junk mail folders... you know who you are!

Skippy
13 September 2014, 21:21
Sorry for the trouble but...

GAME ON KIDS !!!

good luck to everyone

camomike
13 September 2014, 21:25
I've been having to manually approve accounts like crazy because people are too lazy to check their junk mail folders... you know who you are!
If you don't hear this enough, we appreciate all the work you put into this site. You make this possible. Even putting up with us rubes is work.

GaSwamper
13 September 2014, 21:39
If you don't hear this enough, we appreciate all the work you put into this site. You make this possible. Even putting up with us rubes is work.

Agreed, all the effort put forth so other people can get cool free stuff. Top notch in my book. So when does the first prize get drawn? Can we do one tonight, please can we!? Just kidding, it does got a night before Christmas feel around here tonight.

mustangfreek
13 September 2014, 21:41
In....

[BD]

Dstrbdmedic167
13 September 2014, 21:52
In....

It.....

TacticalWatermelon
14 September 2014, 01:57
Hello all! I've always enjoyed Stickman's photographs. They've been the background on many electronic devices of mine. Although the contest is what brought me to this forum, it seems that I've stumbled onto a great firearms community. I imagine I will be sticking around for awhile [:D]

-Josh

(Also my username is the same on Arfcom for those who frequent that forum)

nCarnage
14 September 2014, 04:25
Congrats stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaSwamper
14 September 2014, 05:00
Just saw on Stick's page that voodoo man was the first winner for being first post. Awesome, congrats voodoo!

BM2
14 September 2014, 05:03
Congrats voodoo on being the first to win and the first to sign up.

voodoo_man
14 September 2014, 05:26
I'm just fast on the draw...that's all ;)

Computalotapus
14 September 2014, 05:48
I'm just fast on the draw...that's all ;)

That's what she said... hahaha sorry had to. What did you get?

voodoo_man
14 September 2014, 05:50
That's what she said... hahaha sorry had to. What did you get?

A CMT upper I think? Waitin on Stick to figure it out

wabashman
14 September 2014, 05:54
Just saw on Stick's page that voodoo man was the first winner for being first post. Awesome, congrats voodoo!

Not to sound like an idiot...But where did you see this? I haven't used Facebook in years so it's all different now than 4 years ago.

But, congratulations voodoo

Via my phone

Wrecker1
14 September 2014, 06:05
Yes, Vado man did when one of the CMT recivers.
Good luck to all. Don't be a bonehead like me and edit your post because of grammer. Who would think you could screw up - I'm in.

six8
14 September 2014, 06:20
Does Stickman ever sleep?

UWone77
14 September 2014, 06:34
Not to sound like an idiot...But where did you see this? I haven't used Facebook in years so it's all different now than 4 years ago.

But, congratulations voodoo

Via my phone

One of the first rules in the giveaway... you must "like" on FB the following pages....

camomike
14 September 2014, 06:37
Nice Voodoo. Congrats.

wabashman
14 September 2014, 07:04
One of the first rules in the giveaway... you must "like" on FB the following pages....

Correct. I must have just missed it on there. I'll give it look once I'm at my pc

Via my phone

DutyUse
14 September 2014, 07:14
LOL glad you found it and corrected it.

You wouldn't be the first to post in the wrong thread though nor the last. [:D]

[BD]

UWone77
14 September 2014, 08:08

Thanks Mike, it's a lot of work for little or ... wait... no pay [:D]

We have a great group of guys here, so hopefully a few more join us like you from the last one.

BTW, if you guys see anyone with multiple accounts, let me know. I've deleted several accounts already with very similar log-in's and the same IP addresses.

I think a lot of the problem is people are so impatient, instead of waiting for the confirmation email, they make another account. Sadly those people will be banned and I'm not going to feel about it. This isn't rocket science!

Ride4frnt
14 September 2014, 08:40
A CMT upper I think? Waitin on Stick to figure it out

Awesome kit! UW got me one of those in the WEVO giveaway

Wrecker1
14 September 2014, 08:49
So I hope that I am "legal".

UWone77
14 September 2014, 08:51
So I hope that I am "legal".

Yep, had to manually approve you.

camomike
14 September 2014, 15:10
Not seen many dup accounts. Seen a double up post or two already though. Looking like people were over excited more than anything else. Finally was able to talk my sister(Lohski) and her Finance into joining. Hopefully She'll stick around, I'm trying to get her first AR finished. She can use some of the combined knowledge coming off this site.

UWone77
14 September 2014, 16:48
One guy didn't get his confirmation email, so he made 3 accounts and then tried to blame the website. FML.

navyis2
14 September 2014, 16:53
One guy didn't get his confirmation email, so he made 3 accounts and then tried to blame the website. FML.

[pop] I feel like some fun stories are going to come out of this thing.

Jonnym13
14 September 2014, 16:56
keeping my fingers crossed!!! oh yeah and IM IN!!!

Battle Cock
14 September 2014, 17:04
keeping my fingers crossed!!!

You and your fingers, me and my talons.

GaSwamper
14 September 2014, 17:08
You and your fingers, me and my talons.

Chikins aint got talons just long toe nails and spurs you silly rooster.

Battle Cock
14 September 2014, 17:10
Chikins aint got talons just long toe nails and spurs you silly rooster.

Me and my breed have large talons.

UWone77
14 September 2014, 17:15
[pop] I feel like some fun stories are going to come out of this thing.

We always have several out of every giveaway. The bigger they get, the more PM's I get asking asked and answered questions and then once awhile we get someone who throws a major tantrum. You know, because somehow it's a conspiracy we're preventing them from winning free stuff that's been donated... Kids today...[crazy]

GaSwamper
14 September 2014, 17:16
Me and my breed have large talons.

Beware of the flesh eating Battle Cock! I still feel weird typing that screen name.

Battle Cock
14 September 2014, 17:21
Beware of the flesh eating Battle Cock! I still feel weird typing that screen name.

That reminds me.... I gotta get some company shirts printed up for the upcoming family reunion.

GaSwamper
14 September 2014, 17:21
We always have several out of every giveaway. The bigger they get, the more PM's I get asking asked and answered questions and then once awhile we get someone who throws a major tantrum. You know, because somehow it's a conspiracy we're preventing them from winning free stuff that's been donated... Kids today...[crazy]

Yea because you secretly draw everyone in only to give all the free stuff away to your close friends, who a lot of them probly work around the industry already right. See makes a lot of sense, especially since you're donating your time to this.

GaSwamper
14 September 2014, 17:23
That reminds me.... I gotta get some company shirts printed up for the upcoming family reunion.
I would buy a battle cock t-shirt just to see the reactions when I wore it! Plus your uhh rooster logo looks cool.

navyis2
14 September 2014, 17:32
Yea because you secretly draw everyone in only to give all the free stuff away to your close friends, who a lot of them probly work around the industry already right. See makes a lot of sense, especially since you're donating your time to this.

I find insulting people who are doing something nice, makes me feel like a bigger, better man. It may even improve my stamina.

UWone77
14 September 2014, 17:37

[:D]

I don't think I've ever drawn a name of a person that I actually knew personally. Lots of prizes this time, might have a chance this go around!

One thing of note, the last giveaway, 3 people forfeited their winnings because they entered multiple times. Hope it doesn't happen this time, but we'll see.

FortTom
14 September 2014, 17:37
..... The bigger they get, the more PM's I get asking asked and answered questions and then once awhile we get someone who throws a major tantrum........ You know, because somehow it's a conspiracy we're preventing them from winning free stuff that's been donated... Kids today...[crazy]

A conspiracy huh? Where is Jesse Ventura when you need him, besides filing lawsuits against dead hero's widows...... UWone77, you must have the patience of a Saint....I can't post what I'd tell them if they gave me that kind of crap.:mad::mad:

MechMan82
14 September 2014, 17:41
[:D]

I don't think I've ever drawn a name of a person that I actually knew personally. Lots of prizes this time, might have a chance this go around!

One thing of note, the last giveaway, 3 people forfeited their winnings because they entered multiple times. Hope it doesn't happen this time, but we'll see.

I swear I only entered once........[BD]

GaSwamper
14 September 2014, 17:54
A conspiracy huh? Where is Jesse Ventura when you need him, besides filing lawsuits against dead hero's widows...... UWone77, you must have the patience of a Saint....I can't post what I'd tell them if they gave me that kind of crap.:mad::mad:

I know old news but was anybody else kinda shocked when Ventura done that? Sucks cause now I cant watch him in Predator and enjoy it anymore.
You know that I was being sarcastic right UW? I didn't intend for you to have to explain yourself.

WHSmithIV
14 September 2014, 18:01
I think we're all keeping something crossed and hopeful. Wondering if it's my eyes being crossed?????

UWone77
14 September 2014, 18:03
I know old news but was anybody else kinda shocked when Ventura done that? Sucks cause now I cant watch him in Predator and enjoy it anymore.
You know that I was being sarcastic right UW? I didn't intend for you to have to explain yourself.

Yeah I knew... but I just wanted to throw it out there.

I don't think people honestly realize how good the odds are compared to say something like the lotto.

You have maybe 2000 entries... let's say 20-30 prize packs... that's not bad compared to 1 in 7.6 Million

Believe me I have a ton of friends who beg me to draw their number. They all have an equal 1% chance. [:D]

I do pull for long time WEVO members to win. You guys make the forum go round and round. The admin appreciates it.

nCarnage
14 September 2014, 18:19
Congrats voodoo

Dstrbdmedic167
14 September 2014, 18:51
I would buy a battle cock t-shirt just to see the reactions when I wore it! Plus your uhh rooster logo looks cool.

Shameless plug... I do shirts ask GASwamper he's seem my work first hand..

GaSwamper
14 September 2014, 19:30
Shameless plug... I do shirts ask GASwamper he's seem my work first hand..

Medic does good work, I got a few of his shirts. Pretty cool little system he's got for doing them from what he's showed me.

Pyzik
14 September 2014, 20:04
Congrats VooDoo Man!
Crap, I don't get on for a day and a half (Anniversary weekend) and I end up as post 1100 something!? Hahaha

Well, glad I decided to hop on this evening.

PS. Battle Cock, I'd rock a shirt. Hint hint. Just tell me the price.

UWone77
14 September 2014, 20:09
Congrats VooDoo Man!
Crap, I don't get on for a day and a half (Anniversary weekend) and I end up as post 1100 something!? Hahaha

Well, glad I decided to hop on this evening.

PS. Battle Cock, I'd rock a shirt. Hint hint.

Pyzik,

I thought you were just being strategic about your entry.... figured avoid the rush of the first 1100 entries... you'll get on the back end numbers!

Pyzik
14 September 2014, 20:14
Pyzik,

I thought you were just being strategic about your entry.... figured avoid the rush of the first 1100 entries... you'll get on the back end numbers!

Yeah, that was it! If Voodoo man wins something for being first, I'll get the last one right?

WHSmithIV
14 September 2014, 20:22
General question... could it be smart to have a winners list sticky? This giveaway is so massive that if winner notifications get buried in the 100k Giveaway topic amongst all the 'I'm in' messages, they are going to be kind of hard to see or even find. I haven't seen any closing date for posting 'I'm in either' so entries certainly are going to keep coming in. I actually don't have a really good idea about this. I've been trying to think of one. Still haven't come up with any ideal solution.
-Will-

UWone77
14 September 2014, 20:26
General question... could it be smart to have a winners list sticky? This giveaway is so massive that if winner notifications get buried in the 100k Giveaway topic amongst all the 'I'm in' messages, they are going to be kind of hard to see or even find. I haven't seen any closing date for posting 'I'm in either' so entries certainly are going to keep coming in. I actually don't have a really good idea about this. I've been trying to think of one. Still haven't come up with any ideal solution.
-Will-

No worries Will. We here are veterans of giveaways... we do about 2 big ones a year. Anyhow, if you do a search on "winners thread" you'll find that's what we do when the winners start getting picked.

This is probably going to be a month long giveaway. Neither Stick nor I have the time as we have full time jobs to giveaway everything in 1 or 2 days. We're still working on the format, but rest assured there will be a winners thread. We also don't have any crazy contact us in 24 hours or we give your prize away to someone else clauses.

We also like threads for several reasons, but my favorite one is the winners like to post pictures of their winnings and then some of them become epic. There are several build threads here still going on from the last giveaway.

Soisauss
14 September 2014, 20:32
Wait, am I missing something here? or am I losing my rice grains.......?

Read last 3 pages and my bowl of rice just spilled along with my brain....someone did what?

GriffonSec
14 September 2014, 20:39
Hmm, thought I had posted in this one. Count me in

Whitebrad25
14 September 2014, 21:11
I am used to ARfcom but this is a forum that is gaining a lot of members, and is easy to navigate. AKA, what's up?! [:D]

Glad the giveaway will be to multiple people...

I, like most of the entrants, am unlucky as sin...I've entered giveaways for a long time with no avail. Now my odds of success are a little greater than they've been in the past! I am also glad to see all of the sponsors because I do think I will pick up a few of their products (the Anderson .308 upper/lower is priced right and I'd love to do an SBR AR10 build!).

Rant over. Good luck to everyone!

camomike
14 September 2014, 21:19
Jebus, almost 1200 people "in" UW's trigger finger is getting a work out. Is full auto left click a form 4?

UWone77
14 September 2014, 21:28
Jebus, almost 1200 people "in" UW's trigger finger is getting a work out. Is full auto left click a form 4?

My head is spinning Mike...and we aren't even at the meat and potatoes portion!

Stone
14 September 2014, 21:35
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of folks just joined the forum for the giveaway... Hmmm

WHSmithIV
14 September 2014, 21:59
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of folks just joined the forum for the giveaway... Hmmm

I only found out about this forum because someone sent me the info about the giveaway in Facebook and I've been looking for a decent forum. AR15.com is useful but not very personal. So far this seems to be an active forum and for that I'm happy. I think I might just be happy here [:)]

Soisauss
14 September 2014, 22:02
My head is spinning Mike...and we aren't even at the meat and potatoes portion!

Potato? I like Potatoes......sweet ones at that.

http://media2.giphy.com/media/AxjfeKuEG4SK4/giphy.gif

WHSmithIV
14 September 2014, 22:05
No worries Will. We here are veterans of giveaways... we do about 2 big ones a year. Anyhow, if you do a search on "winners thread" you'll find that's what we do when the winners start getting picked.

This is probably going to be a month long giveaway. Neither Stick nor I have the time as we have full time jobs to giveaway everything in 1 or 2 days. We're still working on the format, but rest assured there will be a winners thread. We also don't have any crazy contact us in 24 hours or we give your prize away to someone else clauses.

We also like threads for several reasons, but my favorite one is the winners like to post pictures of their winnings and then some of them become epic. There are several build threads here still going on from the last giveaway.

Thanks UWone77. I figured you folks must have something in place. I'm still finding my way around the site and finding where things are so, I'm sure I'll find out where it is. I have a feeling that when that Aero .308 receiver set gets won there will be a new epic build thread going on about what gets built from it too! [:)] - I think I'd work on building it into a .338 Lapua [;)]

G4mbl3
14 September 2014, 22:06
Honestly never heard of this site had it not been for the give away. Glad I did find it. This will soon be my main time killer. Lol

WHSmithIV
14 September 2014, 23:35
Honestly never heard of this site had it not been for the give away. Glad I did find it. This will soon be my main time killer. Lol

I'd never heard of it either and I had been searching for a good forum for a couple months too!

jennecarter
15 September 2014, 03:12
Would be nice to own an SBR. Now to dig super hard on how and if I can obtain one in the land of Lincoln.

Manimal556
15 September 2014, 05:56
I joined this forum for the giveaway because I had not heard about it until recently. Like others have said thus far, it seems like a cool place and I'll "stick" around (pun totally intended btw). I've found ARFCOM is great for clone building and have followed the mk18 and sopmod threads for years, but this network feels a lot more personal. I dig it.

headhunter33
15 September 2014, 05:59
cant wait i could use some of the blem gear and hardware at work every day

UWone77
15 September 2014, 06:52
I, like most of the entrants, am unlucky as sin...I've entered giveaways for a long time with no avail. Now my odds of success are a little greater than they've been in the past! I am also glad to see all of the sponsors because I do think I will pick up a few of their products (the Anderson .308 upper/lower is priced right and I'd love to do an SBR AR10 build!).

Rant over. Good luck to everyone!

I wasn't aware Anderson was in the giveaway..... [:D]

six8
15 September 2014, 08:58
I'm here for the BattleCock T-shirts

Das Jared
15 September 2014, 09:10
Unlucky one here, as well. Hopefully I will win something, for once in my life.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

DutyUse
15 September 2014, 09:17
Unlucky one here, as well. Hopefully I will win something, for once in my life.

Normally patience helps but what do I know?[BD]

Battle Cock
15 September 2014, 09:32
I'm here for the BattleCock T-shirts

This is going to happen!

UWone77
15 September 2014, 09:36

We've had some great members that have come over from the giveaways. Will a lot of them be one and done. Yep... but that's how it goes sometimes.

Battle Cock
15 September 2014, 09:42
We've had some great members that have come over from the giveaways. Will a lot of them be one and done. Yep... but that's how it goes sometimes.

It's a Facebook giveaway hosted on a web forum. The point isn't to get more active members it's just a positive byproduct of the process.

Txfilmmaker
15 September 2014, 09:50
I have been a member since 2012. I have not been active, but I have started updating my profile and looking around. This contest has motivated me to see what I've been missing.

UWone77
15 September 2014, 10:32
Here's the PM of the day:

I can't log in and find my user name n pass code please send to me or at least put I'm in for the drawing

Errr what?

And you presumably own firearms?

camomike
15 September 2014, 10:37
This is going to happen! Only if mine says "Kickin' Chicken" on it.

camomike
15 September 2014, 10:40
Here's the PM of the day:

Errr what?

And you presumably own firearms?

You heard the man. You need to post I'm in. I think he wants you to be in the drawing. That's sweet of him.

Ride4frnt
15 September 2014, 11:20
I stumbled across this forum a few years ago, 2012 maybe, but never joined. Saw some plugs on Facebook. Joined around the time of the last giveaway, and stuck around. This place is much more friendly and welcoming than some other boards, and you don't have to hunt nearly as hard for the info you want, or dig through 1000 posts about why you should use a certain part because the one you have or want is sub par. Everyone here is here with mutual interests, and apart from some occasional friendly smartassery (FT mostly), most posts are informational or at the very least someone's gun to drool over and provide inspiration.

Whitebrad25
15 September 2014, 16:08
The suspense of the giveaways is killing me!!! Let's let the gear fly!!!

camomike
15 September 2014, 16:19
Went through and thanked all the sponsors on their facebook pages. Didn't realize how long that would take. Whew... Appreciating what Stick and UW are going through even more. Holy crap.... Couldn't even imagine trying to coordinate something like this.

Pyzik
15 September 2014, 16:24
I stumbled across this forum a few years ago, 2012 maybe, but never joined. Saw some plugs on Facebook. Joined around the time of the last giveaway, and stuck around. This place is much more friendly and welcoming than some other boards, and you don't have to hunt nearly as hard for the info you want, or dig through 1000 posts about why you should use a certain part because the one you have or want is sub par. Everyone here is here with mutual interests, and apart from some occasional friendly smartassery (FT mostly), most posts are informational or at the very least someone's gun to drool over and provide inspiration.
Pretty much the same for me. I'd been here before but never signed up. Came across a giveaway and stuck around.

This now my most frequented forum other than my local Michigan gun forum.

Stone
15 September 2014, 16:45

I hear you. I hope some of them stick around too. I just felt bad for the guys that have been around for a while, seems like their odds of winning something dwindled fast. I guess I was blown away that a few days ago you had just started that thread and yesterday there were 81 pages when I had logged on. I guess getting the forum name out there is a huge positive!! The more the merrier...

UWone77
15 September 2014, 16:50
I hear you. I hope some of them stick around too. I just felt bad for the guys that have been around for a while, seems like their odds of winning something dwindled fast.

The odds are actually pretty decent if you think about it. Let's say you get 2000-2500 entries.

If there are 20-30 prize packs, that's just about a 1% chance to win something. Much better than say... the lotto in my state where winning the top prize is 1 in 7,000,000.

I think Stick is going to give away one of the upper receivers to a random WEVO board member who's been a member for at least 6 months with at least 10 posts. Just to say thank you to those of you that have stuck around the forum for a bit.

Das Jared
15 September 2014, 16:53
Normally patience helps but what do I know?[BD]

Care to elaborate?

Uffdaphil
15 September 2014, 17:18
Mr. can't log in. I had an ad banner that looked to be part of the forum covering up the log- in at the top of the page. Fooled me for a while. Look for an X to close it.

UWone77
15 September 2014, 17:22
Actually, your chances keep getting better guys, already spotted several violations of the rules. If they un-fubar themselves before the drawing, great, if not, they won't be winning anything.

Dstrbdmedic167
15 September 2014, 17:34
Actually, your chances keep getting better guys, already spotted several violations of the rules. If they un-fubar themselves before the drawing, great, if not, they won't be winning anything.

I'm just here for the salsa...
http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/cosplay-tapatio-salsa-picante-costume-2.jpg

Aragorn
15 September 2014, 18:00
What's crazy is looking at the "Total members to visit forum today"
To go with it, anyone watch the spike in number of members? Holy hell. I remember when we were under 4k. Geez...

I'm with pyzik, number... something over 1,000

Ride4frnt
15 September 2014, 18:03
What's crazy is looking at the "Total members to visit forum today"
To go with it, anyone watch the spike in number of members? Holy hell. I remember when we were under 4k. Geez...

I'm with pyzik, number... something over 1,000

Like I was saying before, we had like 550 entries in the WEVO 50k giveaway. That was over the course of a few weeks. This is over 1400 in 2 days.

UWone77
15 September 2014, 18:22
Like I was saying before, we had like 550 entries in the WEVO 50k giveaway. That was over the course of a few weeks. This is over 1400 in 2 days.

1000 of them were the first day. It's slowed... thank goodness..

briarb
15 September 2014, 19:19

I came over for the giveaway but plan to stay.

mustangfreek
16 September 2014, 02:43
Oh man..Seen where stick posted that CMC triggers in on board...

LOL..Happens to be the last piece i need for my Umbrella build.......

nCarnage
16 September 2014, 06:51

Hope I'm not one of those

nCarnage
16 September 2014, 06:52
Oh man..Seen where stick posted that CMC triggers in on board...

LOL..Happens to be the last piece i need for my Umbrella build.......

I just ordered me one this weekend. Then I saw his photo and I was like "nawwwwww." It's like when you buy a tv and a week later it's on sale feeling. Lol

GaSwamper
16 September 2014, 07:18
I just ordered me one this weekend. Then I saw his photo and I was like "nawwwwww." It's like when you buy a tv and a week later it's on sale feeling. Lol

The good thing is one can always use another CMC trigger. It's also amazing that you can lay one on your work bench and it magically turns into another gun in about a month.

nCarnage
16 September 2014, 07:27
The good thing is one can always use another CMC trigger. It's also amazing that you can lay one on your work bench and it magically turns into another gun in about a month.

Oh just like a when you find a spare detent spring, it magically a rifle.

camomike
16 September 2014, 08:37
Oh just like a when you find a spare detent spring, it magically a rifle.

This is why my wife thinks you guys are bad influences on me. ...

Nathan_Mack
16 September 2014, 08:56
This needs to begin now lol :)

navyis2
16 September 2014, 09:10
This is why my wife thinks you guys are bad influences on me. ...

My wife calls my gunshop the crack house for a reason.

camomike
16 September 2014, 09:23
This needs to begin now lol :) This person needs to learn patience is a virtue.

Nathan_Mack
16 September 2014, 11:03
This person needs to learn patience is a virtue.

Patience is no virtue. lol

Although I am patiently waiting. This is the sickest giveaway in the history of giveaways. Huge kudos to Stickman, Weapon Evolution and all the contributing companies!!!!!!!!

n4p226r
16 September 2014, 13:27
i have a stripped gen 3 noveske lower just begging for that duty upper :) it happens to be sitting next to a colt LPK with no trigger and a BAD-CASS safety. so really all it needs is a stock and a geissele SSA :)

d.hodgee
16 September 2014, 15:11
This give away is crazy awesome!
Good luck to everyone out there patiently waiting!!!

UWone77
16 September 2014, 17:32
Looks like we have probably another 4 or 5 manufacturers jumping in this week.

nCarnage
16 September 2014, 18:15
i have a stripped gen 3 noveske lower just begging for that duty upper :) it happens to be sitting next to a colt LPK with no trigger and a BAD-CASS safety. so really all it needs is a stock and a geissele SSA :)

My ST lower waiting on me to build it an upper or maybe win won (wink wink).

Don't really have many gun stores by me with accessories and stuff. But my wife hates the UPS AND mailman because there is always a package with gun parts for me. She actually said to me that I should marry the mailman cause I get excited for him to arrive at the door more than my wife. Doghouse it is then.

srvctec
16 September 2014, 18:33
As others have said, I've never heard of this forum until the contest. I've followed Stickman for over a year when I saw some awesome pics on another page and had to find out who the photographer was. I'm an amateur photographer and always appreciate great photography. I'm also heavily into guns and other weaponry, so I'll stick around here. I've already added this forum to my list in Tapatalk.

Good luck to everyone and I'd love to win something, too.

mustangfreek
16 September 2014, 19:13
Looks like we have probably another 4 or 5 manufacturers jumping in this week.

Who else is getting in..?...

camomike
16 September 2014, 20:08
This is nuts. Helm kicked in another blade too... Damn thing is beautiful. What happened to this being a scratch and dent?

0uTkAsT
16 September 2014, 21:39
This is so awesome, I absolutely can't wait. The thought of being able to own some of this great stuff I'd otherwise never be able to afford is super exciting.

UWone77
16 September 2014, 21:44
This is nuts. Helm kicked in another blade too... Damn thing is beautiful. What happened to this being a scratch and dent?

Matt is just a super good dude.

The Target Man just threw in a AR500 Target. Pretty Nice... he's going to drop ship as we didn't want to [:D]

DutyUse
16 September 2014, 21:54
Matt is just a super good dude.

The Target Man just threw in a AR500 Target. Pretty Nice... he's going to drop ship as we didn't want to [:D]

I have two 66% IPSC from him and they've been been bounced around in truck beds and shot with everything under the sun and once you rattle can it again it continues to look fresh. Good stuff

GaSwamper
16 September 2014, 22:01
Just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Also noticed a lot of the sponsers interacting with thank you comments and likes back to folks talking about their offerings and gear. Nice to see, other industries could take notes from this type of marketing and customer service.

UWone77
16 September 2014, 22:58
Just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Also noticed a lot of the sponsers interacting with thank you comments and likes back to folks talking about their offerings and gear. Nice to see, other industries could take notes from this type of marketing and customer service.

You hit the nail on the head. So far, the way it's working, it seems like the sponsors are getting a surge in likes and new fans, while we get more giveaway items. Definitely a win-win.

Naytwan
16 September 2014, 23:00
Wow this just gets better and better. Congrats to the man with the best watermark placement ever for making the 100K mark.

SandHillsHillbilly
17 September 2014, 02:24
Looks like I screwed myself. I thought I had posted I'm In. I went back a couple of days later and couldn't find my post so I posted again.

:o:mad:[bash]

brich2929
17 September 2014, 02:32
I'd like to thank Stick and the mods for doing this.

n4p226r
17 September 2014, 04:40
You hit the nail on the head. So far, the way it's working, it seems like the sponsors are getting a surge in likes and new fans, while we get more giveaway items. Definitely a win-win.

there are definitely a few names i haven't heard of, that after checking out their pages once stickman linked them on Facebook, had products that i am now interested in. so while it's cool that the big guys are participating, some of the smaller guys might benefit significantly more.

n4p226r
17 September 2014, 04:41
Looks like I screwed myself. I thought I had posted I'm In. I went back a couple of days later and couldn't find my post so I posted again.

:o:mad:[bash]

i have been trying to figure out if i had already posted and couldn't so i posted when i saw him hit 100k. i hope i didn't screw myself as well.

SandHillsHillbilly
17 September 2014, 05:17
i have been trying to figure out if i had already posted and couldn't so i posted when i saw him hit 100k. i hope i didn't screw myself as well.
I think I have found a solution.
First make sure you did post twice. Find the last post and select edit. Then select delete. Going to try it now.

velocity2006
17 September 2014, 14:27
You can click on your name and view all your posts from your profile. This way you can check if you have already posted easily.

UWone77
17 September 2014, 14:32
This isn't rocket science people. Look at your other posts by clicking on your screen name.

UWone77
17 September 2014, 16:19
Looks like some no-name, little known company is in... VLTOR Weapons Systems [:D]

camomike
17 September 2014, 16:32
Looks like some no-name, little known company is in... VLTOR Weapons Systems [:D]
Shit yeah! Great gear come outta them.

camomike
17 September 2014, 17:07
UW bustin Sticks chops was priceless. Too funny, I didn't think the prizes are all that bad.

Pyzik
17 September 2014, 17:19
Oh, awesome!

Also saw that AK top cover... I need that in my life.

Ranger3579
17 September 2014, 18:13
"UW bustin Sticks chops was priceless." - Brought a smile too my face!

GaSwamper
18 September 2014, 06:33
Fun little game Stick played last night on FB, some of the posts were great. The wonder prize proved to be worth the risk, congrats to the winners.

Pyzik
18 September 2014, 06:55
Fun little game Stick played last night on FB, some of the posts were great. The wonder prize proved to be worth the risk, congrats to the winners.

I had a feeling it was going to be a print. That's what I was gunning for.

camomike
18 September 2014, 07:24
Same here. Wonder if he'll ever sell a couple. Wouldn't mind adorning the vault with one.

UWone77
18 September 2014, 09:23
UW bustin Sticks chops was priceless. Too funny, I didn't think the prizes are all that bad.

What? You guys saw that? [:D]

In other news, like I mentioned VLTOR is in. They are sending one of their newly released VIS-KM14 Uppers!

WHSmithIV
18 September 2014, 09:38

Dang - and they make an awesome upper receiver with the handguard as part of the receiver also.

This gift giveaway is just going insane. i doubt there has ever been one with so many items to hand out ever.

GaSwamper
18 September 2014, 10:02
Dang - and they make an awesome upper receiver with the handguard as part of the receiver also.

This gift giveaway is just going insane. i doubt there has ever been one with so many items to hand out ever.

No doubt on both counts. Just saw Troy kicked it up yet another level with their complete upper addition.

Crump45
18 September 2014, 13:09
Great thing going here

WHSmithIV
18 September 2014, 13:52
No doubt on both counts. Just saw Troy kicked it up yet another level with their complete upper addition.

Yeah - I saw that too. I can't buy any parts now for the stripped lower receiver I have until this is all over with either [bash]

Pyzik
18 September 2014, 14:00

Beat me to it. Just saw Stick's post. Woop!

WHSmithIV
18 September 2014, 14:47
Just noticed something - bummer - there are now 114 pages to the giveaway page. That means over 1,400 "I'm in" entries. Guess the chances of winning anything at all are pretty darned small........ probably less than a 1 in 10 chance now :(

DutyUse
18 September 2014, 14:55
What? You guys saw that? [:D]

In other news, like I mentioned VLTOR is in. They are sending one of their newly released VIS-KM14 Uppers!

Wow that's their most expensive single product. It's amazing to me these companies not only are donating, but giving their BEST stuff, sometimes multiples of. No skimping going on here, so let's make sure we let them know how much we appreciate them

WHSmithIV
18 September 2014, 15:04
Wow that's their most expensive single product. It's amazing to me these companies not only are donating, but giving their BEST stuff, sometimes multiples of. No skimping going on here, so let's make sure we let them know how much we appreciate them

I've sure been doing so. I've liked all their FB pages (it's the only social media I use) + I've left comments letting them know how awesome I think they all are. Basically everything they have all donated is truly that - just plain awesome. It really is amazing what some of these companies have put into this giveaway. It will be interesting to see the winners list and their comments when they find out they won something also :)

GaSwamper
18 September 2014, 15:20
Just noticed something - bummer - there are now 114 pages to the giveaway page. That means over 1,400 "I'm in" entries. Guess the chances of winning anything at all are pretty darned small........ probably less than a 1 in 10 chance now :(

Yea but it's still good, some big 2A love goin on with this. Knew the chances would be slim goin in but worth a shot. It has gottin way bigger than I thought it would though.

Ride4frnt
18 September 2014, 15:28
Come on number 166!

Not sure how the drawing is gonna work, but I know there were talks of giving a few prizes to a few members that've been here for a while. I'm good either way, I was one of the lucky ones from last time.

Dstrbdmedic167
18 September 2014, 16:00
Yea but it's still good, some big 2A love goin on with this. Knew the chances would be slim goin in but worth a shot. It has gottin way bigger than I thought it would though.

you got a shirt last time didnt you?

WHSmithIV
18 September 2014, 16:01
Come on number 166!

Not sure how the drawing is gonna work, but I know there were talks of giving a few prizes to a few members that've been here for a while. I'm good either way, I was one of the lucky ones from last time.

My number is even lower.... not sure how much faith I have in a random number generator either....................

six8
18 September 2014, 16:15
Seems like my feed on FB is effed. What did I miss? How do we get numbers?

tim716
18 September 2014, 16:42
Does anyone know when we can expect the giveaway to start? I know that maybe 2 people have won so far from what i've seen?

velocity2006
18 September 2014, 16:44
Looks like 2A Armament is in now also with a Balios set, these things are sick!

camomike
18 September 2014, 16:45
Seems like my feed on FB is effed. What did I miss? How do we get numbers?

you were post #225 saying you were in, so your number is 225......

six8
18 September 2014, 16:50
you were post #225 saying you were in, so your number is 225......
Makes sense lol. Thanks

camomike
18 September 2014, 16:55
No problem, glad I could help. I'm not always a smart ass.

UWone77
18 September 2014, 16:56
Does anyone know when we can expect the giveaway to start? I know that maybe 2 people have won so far from what i've seen?

Rough plan...

Main giveaway likely won't start for another week and a half. We'll give out some prizes, and then wait another week or two, give out some more. Rinse, repeat. Might be enough new prizes coming in that this will go on like that for the rest of the year.

The same random prizes Stick giveaway on his FB page has no bearing on the main prizes. If you win his small prizes you're still in for the drawings here.

camomike
18 September 2014, 16:58
Looks like 2A Armament is in now also with a Balios set, these things are sick!

That would probably convince me to build a pistol...

tim716
18 September 2014, 17:03
Rough plan...

Main giveaway likely won't start for another week and a half. We'll give out some prizes, and then wait another week or two, give out some more. Rinse, repeat. Might be enough new prizes coming in that this will go on like that for the rest of the year.

The same random prizes Stick giveaway on his FB page has no bearing on the main prizes. If you win his small prizes you're still in for the drawings here.

Ok good to know, thanks!

Bgibby68
18 September 2014, 17:16
How do ya'll inform winners? Are ya going to do a prize thread saying whats gifted?

UWone77
18 September 2014, 17:19
How do ya'll inform winners? Are ya going to do a prize thread saying whats gifted?

Don't worry about it, we just decided you're not going to win anything. [:D]

DutyUse
18 September 2014, 17:23

As I understand it there will be a master post of winners at the end. I'm sure some people will win without realizing it bc they don't frequent the site but the winners will find out one way or another I'm sure..

nCarnage
18 September 2014, 18:29
Don't worry about it, we just decided you're not going to win anything. [:D]

Wow. Harsh but honest. Lol

Guinnesseb
18 September 2014, 18:48
Another new member here brought in by this amazing giveaway.. Based on what I have seen here scanning over a few threads, I'll definitely be staying. Great info throughout!! If there is one thing that this giveaway has done, it has opened my eyes to a few companies/entities that I had little to no knowledge of that have some amazing products!! This in itself is a great thing. A little bit of brand awareness goes a long way!! I'm definitely looking forward to this giveaway and being a contributing member of this forum!!

Dstrbdmedic167
18 September 2014, 19:10
My number is even lower.... not sure how much faith I have in a random number generator either....................

it works i won that revolvr raffle that way....

Ride4frnt
18 September 2014, 19:13

Last time I told UW his number generator was broken, I won.

WHSmithIV
18 September 2014, 19:14
As I understand it there will be a master post of winners at the end. I'm sure some people will win without realizing it bc they don't frequent the site but the winners will find out one way or another I'm sure..

The first winner was announced on Facebook. Apparently there have been 5 more. Not sure where they are announced because I certainly would congratulate them. Some of them could have been from Mrs. Sticks surprise giveaway though. Don't know for sure.

UWone77
18 September 2014, 19:23
The first winner was announced on Facebook. Apparently there have been 5 more. Not sure where they are announced because I certainly would congratulate them. Some of them could have been from Mrs. Sticks surprise giveaway though. Don't know for sure.

Those are separate from the main giveaway. No list of those people will be generated.

WHSmithIV
18 September 2014, 19:55
Those are separate from the main giveaway. No list of those people will be generated.

It would be nice to see in a winners thread then when someone wins so they can be congratulated though then since this all isn't going to be decided all at once. With an ongoing drawing situation wouldn't it be better to have a continually updated winner list rather than one all at the end after a few months? That way people who win can say thanks and others can give them congratulations.

Stick posted on my FB comment to one of his posts that there have already been 6 winners. No way to know what they won though, who they are, and be able to congratulate them. That's kind of a bit sad.

He said there's a 'white board' of them. If that's a board in an office, it's not here in the forum or in FB though.

Granted, this is just my humble opinion. Perhaps I'm wrong in pointing this out - it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong in my life....

Ride4frnt
18 September 2014, 20:01
It would be nice to see in a winners thread then when someone wins so they can be congratulated though then since this all isn't going to be decided all at once. With an ongoing drawing situation wouldn't it be better to have a continually updated winner list rather than one all at the end after a few months? That way people who win can say thanks and others can give them congratulations.

Stick posted on my FB comment to one of his posts that there have already been 6 winners. No way to know what they won though, who they are, and be able to congratulate them. That's kind of a bit sad.

He said there's a 'white board' of them. If that's a board in an office, it's not here in the forum or in FB though.

Granted, this is just my humble opinion. Perhaps I'm wrong in pointing this out - it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong in my life....

One step at a time. There will be a winners thread. Been the same for the past few giveaways on here. The 6 winners are voodoo for being the first to post "I'm in" and the other 5 are the ones from mrs stick giveaway on FB.

WHSmithIV
18 September 2014, 20:05
One step at a time. There will be a winners thread. Been the same for the past few giveaways on here. The 6 winners are voodoo for being the first to post "I'm in" and the other 5 are the ones from mrs stick giveaway on FB.

I know the first one was voodoo. I also congratulated him. I will be interested to see which model of upper receiver he gets too - near as I can tell there were at least 3 different model in the pic of what was donated. Hope he posts a picture of it! :)

If thre were another 5, they can't have been from the surprise giveaway on FB because there were more than 5 who won prizes... forgive me, I am confused I guess.

UWone77
18 September 2014, 20:12
I think you are over thinking it. Relax, wait for the prizes to roll in. If your name gets called, post pictures when you get it.

Soisauss
18 September 2014, 20:30
I know the first one was voodoo. I also congratulated him. I will be interested to see which model of upper receiver he gets too - near as I can tell there were at least 3 different model in the pic of what was donated. Hope he posts a picture of it! :)

If thre were another 5, they can't have been from the surprise giveaway on FB because there were more than 5 who won prizes... forgive me, I am confused I guess.

Patience :) don't over think it, don't over do it. Just enjoy the sail!

http://media3.giphy.com/media/cHw5gruhGb0IM/giphy.gif

WHSmithIV
18 September 2014, 20:47
I know folks. I'm quite likely over thinking it. Maybe it's just impatience on my part because I have never even heard of or ever seen such a massive amount of simply fantastic prizes all in one place. I generally don't win ever anything either so, I'm not going to be surprised if my number doesn't come up. Certainly, if I ever win something and it ever arrived there would be a picture and a very big thank you.

All I can do is keep on dreaming. I suppose when I hit 75 in another 20 years if I live that long, I won't bother dreaming anymore either. I'll simply work on trying to survive the next day :)

Ride4frnt
18 September 2014, 21:09

All I know is I got a CMT UPUR-1 from the last giveaway (it is as awesome as it looks) and I'm forever grateful to UW for that. If only I could've taken the actual prize I was drawn for...

six8
19 September 2014, 04:24
Another new member here brought in by this amazing giveaway.. Based on what I have seen here scanning over a few threads, I'll definitely be staying. Great info throughout!! If there is one thing that this giveaway has done, it has opened my eyes to a few companies/entities that I had little to no knowledge of that have some amazing products!! This in itself is a great thing. A little bit of brand awareness goes a long way!! I'm definitely looking forward to this giveaway and being a contributing member of this forum!!
Same here and thought the same last night. There's so much cool stuff and generous companies out there that I had no clue about. Wish I had the funds to buy from all of them! :D

Pyzik
19 September 2014, 05:12
Okay, I've been trying to over look the whining but have to say this.

Chill out! A few guys are doing a lot of work and a lot of companies are GIVING FREE stuff away. NO ONE should be complaining about anything.

Even if the mods/Stick decide that they want to hand pick winners, its their giveaway! They can!

Jeez, people. Be happy you get a chance at this AWESOME stuff. Thank the companies and the people working on this (they DO have day jobs) and if you don't win congratulate the winners and better luck to you on the next one.

[/rant]
EDIT: Filtered.

Txfilmmaker
19 September 2014, 06:17

I think early next week. They have been getting lots of new donations. More chances to win!

UWone77
19 September 2014, 06:40
Okay, I've been trying to over look the whining but have to say this.

Chill out! A few guys are doing a lot of work and a lot of companies are GIVING FREE stuff away. NO ONE should be complaining about anything.

Even if the mods/Stick decide that they want to hand pick winners, its their giveaway! They can!

Jeez, people. Be happy you get a chance at this AWESOME stuff. Thank the companies and the people working on this (they DO have day jobs) and if you don't win congratulate the winners and better luck to you on the next one.

[/rant]
EDIT: Filtered.

Thanks Pyzik,

I'm not sure where this impatience came from as far as drawing for FREE gear. C'mon people, just relax, watch some football this weekend, and all the gear will be given away when the time comes. If you can't wait, there are other giveaways going on. Perhaps, you can check those out. [:D]

Otherwise, the last month or so, it's been a huge PITA getting this all together and set up. By the way, Stick and I don't get paid to set these up, we don't get paid for the time spent manually approving accounts because people are too lazy to check their junk mail folder, and we don't get paid to delete/ban people with 2-4 accounts.

There's my rant!

Carry on.

Gaspipeshooter
19 September 2014, 06:47
Thanks Pyzik,

I'm not sure where this impatience came from as far as drawing for FREE gear. C'mon people, just relax, watch some football this weekend, and all the gear will be given away when the time comes. If you can't wait, there are other giveaways going on. Perhaps, you can check those out. [:D]

Otherwise, the last month or so, it's been a huge PITA getting this all together and set up. By the way, Stick and I don't get paid to set these up, we don't get paid for the time spent manually approving accounts because people are too lazy to check their junk mail folder, and we don't get paid to delete/ban people with 2-4 accounts.

There's my rant!

Carry on.

I used to own and moderate a forum, and my methodology was to let the account approval sort itself out. If you were too lazy to check your email and respond to the link for account approval, I was too lazy to do it manually. It separates the wheat from the chaff when it comes to folks who register to a forum to participate, and the freeloaders who will have one or two posts until the next giveaway when they say "I'm in"...

camomike
19 September 2014, 08:01
Have you sorted out if you folks are making the winners pay shipping yet? If not shoot me your pay pal and I'll kick in next Friday so you folks aren't shouldering in the whole load. Seems the least I can do.

DutyUse
19 September 2014, 10:57
and we don't get paid to delete/ban people with 2-4 accounts.

Tell the truth you'd do that part for free [:D]

UWone77
19 September 2014, 11:00
Tell the truth you'd do that part for free [:D]

Ok... I may have laughed out loud...

gatordev
19 September 2014, 13:19
UWone, do you guys have an account checker installed? I help a buddy admin a pretty large and active forum (based on our day jobs) and before he left vBulletin, he had a plug-in that checked if people logged in from the same machine (and I think IP) with multiple accounts. That might come in handy.

KevinBLC
19 September 2014, 18:15
Personally, it kind of pisses me off 99% of these guys come here contribute nothing and might win some stuff. Yeah know that some dudes that came here for the giveaways have been good members. But the whining I see over when it's starting and when winners are drawn, how they are notified, blah blah blah leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Entitlement generation I guess.

Whitebrad25
19 September 2014, 21:02
It is what it is...I enjoy the layout of this forum and, to be honest, I don't find AR15.com that cold (I have 2.5k posts and 110 transactions with 100% feedback) but I do find myself browsing here more often...I'm not posting as much over there either..so a member I am, but I am unsure of how active I will be with posts, at least on the onset. But this is my top two forums I am frequenting now.

WHSmithIV
19 September 2014, 23:27
I do also post in and read AR15.com though only in 3 main topics. If I start building an AK, that will change though I'm sure.

Naytwan
20 September 2014, 01:30
This place has become my first stop. I really like it here.

longhunter09
20 September 2014, 05:42
I'll be honest, I never heard of this forum before the giveaway. Now that I am here I plan to stick around. The forum guideline stating : " Posts and comments which are derogatory against Law Enforcement and/or the Military will not be tolerated. The majority of the Weapon Evolution Staff have served in a LE/MIL role at one time or the other" is a big part of this. Another forum that I am a member of has seen an increase in anti-LEO sentiment in the past couple of years, that has discouraged me from posting frequently. This site is exactly what I have been looking for.

Besides leading me here, this giveaway has also introduced me to some great companies that I plan on purchasing from in the future.

It has been amazing seeing the amount of 2A oriented companies coming together for this. Thanks to all the companies that have so generously contributed, and of course, thanks Stickman and the mods/staff that are helping to pull this thing off.

UWone77
20 September 2014, 08:24
We welcome all new members. Sometimes it takes awhile to contribute to any forum. Guys who play it smart are the ones to check out the culture first, then contribute where they can.

In other news... I think we are going to cut off the drawing thread on Oct 1st. After that, we'll draw from the pool of names there. However long it takes us to draw the names is another story at the rate we are picking up new sponsors.

Computalotapus
20 September 2014, 08:45
We welcome all new members. Sometimes it takes awhile to contribute to any forum. Guys who play it smart are the ones to check out the culture first, then contribute where they can.

In other news... I think we are going to cut off the drawing thread on Oct 1st. After that, we'll draw from the pool of names there. However long it takes us to draw the names is another story at the rate we are picking up new sponsors.

I have my pool of congratulation posts ready just need to insert names of lucky winners hahah.

Pyzik
20 September 2014, 09:16

Cool beans!

UWone77
20 September 2014, 10:39
The sheer number of PM's Stick and I have received, asking us to email them when they win a prize... mind .... blown.

NoveskeRad
20 September 2014, 10:48
I guess they don't read...

UWone77
20 September 2014, 10:55
I guess they don't read...

It's actually more of the attitude in the emails... of "when" I email something let me know, instead of "if."

People are terrible at math. When it's all said and done, you subtract the number of winners from how many people are going to probably enter. Equals at least a couple of thousand disappointed people.

NoveskeRad
20 September 2014, 11:05
I hear that... Winning stuff is cool and all but I hope the new Stick followers appreciate what he brings to the table. Weapons are not just violent tools... Stick shows that in a way like none other. Hopefully the people just looking for free stuff don't drive you guys mad...

NoveskeRad
20 September 2014, 11:07
I win every time he turns me on to a new company or priceless info like survival tips... And so on!

RobSWVA
20 September 2014, 11:22
Yeah, I'm more of the lurker type w/ the occasional post if I have something to contribute worth typing out. Do look forward to picking up some good info, I've already found tons of stuff to read over, and only been through about 3 threads.

Computalotapus
20 September 2014, 11:46
It's actually more of the attitude in the emails... of "when" I email something let me know, instead of "if."

People are terrible at math. When it's all said and done, you subtract the number of winners from how many people are going to probably enter. Equals at least a couple of thousand disappointed people.

It's almost like they feel they are entitled to win something. The information Stick has put on this forum and they way he breaks down pros/cons of multiple items has given me insight on how to pick and choose what I want to get next. UWone77 and multiple others on this site have kept me to the standard of picking items that perform for what I want the rifle to do. Troubleshooting techniques on the weapon platform that I wouldn't have thought of. This site in itself is a prize, the GAWs are just bonus material.

I want to encourage all that win something to find a way to pay it forward, whether is be locally or contributing back to the 2A community in some form or fashion. Follow Stick's example and give back to the community that has given so much to each and every one of us.

DutyUse
20 September 2014, 11:47
Guys who play it smart are the ones to check out the culture first, then contribute where they can.

Uh oh...[:D][noob]

UWone77
20 September 2014, 12:10
Updated the sponsor list with a couple of more.

nCarnage
20 September 2014, 12:25
Personally, it kind of pisses me off 99% of these guys come here contribute nothing and might win some stuff. Yeah know that some dudes that came here for the giveaways have been good members. But the whining I see over when it's starting and when winners are drawn, how they are notified, blah blah blah leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Entitlement generation I guess.

This was actually the forum that made me want to build my rifle. It also was the one that allowed me to install a centurion arm CMR rail provided by stickman. Just never joined until now.
But I do understand what you are saying. But it is what it is.

nCarnage
20 September 2014, 12:32
The sheer number of PM's Stick and I have received, asking us to email them when they win a prize... mind .... blown.

Wow. I was planning on sending stickman a photo of my new lower build but I knew this would happen and didn't want to bother the man.

NoveskeRad
20 September 2014, 21:13
Maybe there should be a rule added.. If you:
Complain
Email "Did I Win"
Are Ignorant
Or show yourself as " A prize whore, is just here to win and get outta dodge"
Then you will be bounced out and banished ...
It's just a thought... I want nothing more than deserving and appreciative fans of Stick to win. This contest to most of us is beyond prizes..

Bgibby68
21 September 2014, 04:34
Maybe there should be a rule added.. If you:
Complain
Email "Did I Win"
Are Ignorant
Or show yourself as " A prize whore, is just here to win and get outta dodge"
Then you will be bounced out and banished ...
It's just a thought... I want nothing more than deserving and appreciative fans of Stick to win. This contest to most of us is beyond prizes..

I aint gonna lie....the giveaway brought me here but i see a lot of reloading info and i really wanna get into an ar build or several :)

Computalotapus
21 September 2014, 04:42
I aint gonna lie....the giveaway brought me here but i see a lot of reloading info and i really wanna get into an ar build or several :)

When you build one... you will want to build them all and there is no such thing as "this is my last build" if you don't believe me ask FortTom how that is working out. And welcome to WEVO

NoveskeRad
21 September 2014, 06:44
Bgibby68 you hit the nail on the head.. I would bet that is what Stick and the WE guys and gals were hopping for! Good contributing members... Guns are fun but knowledge is Power!

NoveskeRad
21 September 2014, 06:49
I'm new to this site as well... FB is all I have mainly had time for... Keeping up with the industry and my family and friends all at once... But after checking this site out I'm all about it now! In the past I've tried other gun sites and they just left a bad taste in my mouth... Too many "I'm better than you"people quick to stomp on new guys who god forbid asked a question that had been asked in the past and to put it bluntly just plain assholes.. (Excuse the language) I don't get that here... I'm in the middle of an out of state move right now but as soon as I can contribute to the postings I will do so...

Wrecker1
21 September 2014, 08:28
Exactly NovekeRad, and I think here you could ask a question like " I was thinking that I would like to build a pistol AR but with a 14.5 pinned barrel and a Thordsen Customs buffer kit but in rifle length." And have not only a response on if it could be done in real world but also if it was legal.
I expect to learn much here.

gatordev
21 September 2014, 14:48

This is a main reason why I haven't entered. It's certainly not everyone, but I do get a vibe from some. I also don't really have the time and desire to hang out on FB and like everything. That's not a complaint, I'm just realistic. So, I'll just not enter, not complain, and continue to contribute where it may be helpful and otherwise enjoy the site. I really don't expect anything in return other than folks hopefully also helping if I have questions.

voodoo_man
21 September 2014, 15:01
"Email me if I win anything, because you know, I won't ever come back to this forum...unless I win something..."

*admin panel, deletes account*

FortTom
21 September 2014, 15:24
"Email me if I win anything, because you know, I won't ever come back to this forum...unless I win something..."

*admin panel, deletes account*

Ha..ha.. Hell, Voodoo, if the admin's deleted their account, they'd just be back, bugging the hell out of them, about the forum being defective and deleting their account..[BD]

voodoo_man
21 September 2014, 15:28
Ha..ha.. Hell, Voodoo, if the admin's deleted their account, they'd just be back, bugging the hell out of them, about the forum being defective and deleting their account..[BD]

Seeing as how they are PM'ing them to email them if they won anything, that is pretty good evidence which would lead a reasonable admin like Stick to believe they would not be back.

Txfilmmaker
21 September 2014, 15:32
When you build one... you will want to build them all and there is no such thing as "this is my last build" if you don't believe me ask FortTom how that is working out. And welcome to WEVO

I am building my first one, slowly acquiring parts. I can already tell it won't be my last. ;-)

FortTom
21 September 2014, 17:05
Seeing as how they are PM'ing them to email them if they won anything, that is pretty good evidence which would lead a reasonable admin like Stick to believe they would not be back.

When I think nothing else could surprise me, that has to be the absolute pinnacle of LAZINESS. Enter contest, go to sleep, wait for someone to let you know if you won something. Could be very tiring to check back and look at winners list. Wears me out just thinking about it.....hell, maybe Stick and UWone77 could just deliver any prize they might win to them personally, you know, on their days off or something........

WHSmithIV
21 September 2014, 17:06
I am building my first one, slowly acquiring parts. I can already tell it won't be my last. ;-)

Yep - you have the bug :)
I have the stripped lower receiver I picked up from my FFL during the summer for building a 2nd but no other parts for it yet. I want to build it in a different caliber. I'll likely eventually build 4 or 5 plus an AR 10.

(edited to fix a spelling error)

UWone77
21 September 2014, 18:18
For those you not paying attention... Stick is giving away a Trust right now on the FB page. Runs until 2100 hours left coast time.

voodoo_man
21 September 2014, 18:28
Dont go on facebook...so thats that

UWone77
21 September 2014, 18:38
Dont go on facebook...so thats that

I guess that upper is the only thing you will win then. [:D]

Rough life....

voodoo_man
21 September 2014, 18:53
I guess that upper is the only thing you will win then. [:D]

Rough life....

Maybe...who knows. Either way facebook can burn.

tact
21 September 2014, 19:22
But isn't that part of the condition of this 100k giveaway....... Just sayin'

Aragorn
21 September 2014, 19:25
Hold on... apparently I'm confused. I don't have a Facebook, therefore to feel legit in the drawing, I had to bribe the wife to like all those pages for me. A tactic I've employed before, and no small task. I did this under the assumption I'd just be able to watch the winners thread/list when it was all said and done, but now it seems like I need to be monitoring facebook?

*Facepalm*

Oh how the ghost of social networking haunts me!

Seriously though, am I going to have to make some super secret squirrel Facebook just to watch this?

UWone77
21 September 2014, 19:25
But isn't that part of the condition of this 100k giveaway....... Just sayin'

Yup.

UWone77
21 September 2014, 19:27
Hold on... apparently I'm confused. I don't have a Facebook, therefore to feel legit in the drawing, I had to bribe the wife to like all those pages for me. A tactic I've employed before, and no small task. I did this under the assumption I'd just be able to watch the winners thread/list when it was all said and done, but now it seems like I need to be monitoring facebook?

*Facepalm*

Oh how the ghost of social networking haunts me!

Seriously though, am I going to have to make some super secret squirrel Facebook just to watch this?

No,

You don't have to monitor FB. Stick decided to have some fun by giving away some of the smaller items through his own FB whims. This was mainly because there are so many items to giveaway. So if we have 10 trusts or 10 uppers, we can give a few of those away prior to the main giveaway.

He likes the interaction on FB, and we all know there are some guys who will do anything to win a $3 item.

Aragorn
21 September 2014, 19:32
Whew. I was having flashbacks to the old MySpace days...

WHSmithIV
21 September 2014, 21:43
Congrats to Ryan for winning one of the NFA trusts from Coyote Rifleworks. Just saw it posted from Sticks FaceBook feed :)

Mike Porter
22 September 2014, 04:45
New to forum thanks to the giveaway. Can't wait to browse around and see what I can learn.

Pyzik
22 September 2014, 06:24
For those you not paying attention... Stick is giving away a Trust right now on the FB page. Runs until 2100 hours left coast time.

Just saw the winner posted. Dang.
Don't get on FB much on the weekends.

Congrats to the winner though! Very cool!

Thanks Stick and Coyote Rifleworks!

Strike1st
23 September 2014, 10:02
Just watching this unfold and seeing members of the firearms community get involved is amazing...you won't see this in very many other industries and it says a lot about Stickmans character.

Txfilmmaker
23 September 2014, 11:02
Yep - you have the bug :)
I have the stripped loser receiver I picked up from my FFL during the summer for building a 2nd but no other parts for it yet. I want to build it in a different caliber. I'll likely eventually build 4 or 5 plus an AR 10.

:-)

Bgibby68
23 September 2014, 19:40
All i know is im getting rather anxious for this in hoping that i have some kind of luck here

nCarnage
23 September 2014, 20:35
All i know is im getting rather anxious for this in hoping that i have some kind of luck here

I hope luck comes my way. Have better chance at this than the mega millions.

WHSmithIV
23 September 2014, 21:07
I hope luck comes my way. Have better chance at this than the mega millions.

That's certainly a fact. Those of us in this stand a good chance of winning something depending on how they run it. That's up to Stickman and the admins here as to how they deal out all the awesome prizes. I have never seen any gift giveaway so massive with so many awesome prizes to win.

Simi-audamadik
23 September 2014, 21:58
Hello, my name is Simi-audamadik. I have joined yet another firearms related forum. I simply cannot help myself. I was lured here by the mention of gunporn...and free stuff. Please help me to NOT spend more money than I make. Thank-you.

Simi

Aragorn
23 September 2014, 22:44
Please help me to NOT spend more money than I make. Thank-you.

Simi

I'm sorry, you must have mistaked us for another forum...

nCarnage
24 September 2014, 12:08
Please help me to NOT spend more money than I make. Thank-you.

Simi

That is why I use 2 credit cards when I place an order on things. So Im not hurting my bank account as bad. LOL. [:D]

jim.bell
24 September 2014, 15:38
That is why I use 2 credit cards when I place an order on things. So Im not hurting my bank account as bad. LOL. [:D]

For some reason I like this line of reasoning.

On topic, It does look like the giveaway is proceeding. Hoping to see some "I won!!" posts soon!

nCarnage
24 September 2014, 17:12
For some reason I like this line of reasoning.

On top, It does look like the giveaway is proceeding. Hoping to see some "I won!!" posts soon!

You know you like it. I can justify a $100+ purchase split on 2 different cards. lol

WHSmithIV
24 September 2014, 18:04
Hello, my name is Simi-audamadik. I have joined yet another firearms related forum. I simply cannot help myself. I was lured here by the mention of gunporn...and free stuff. Please help me to NOT spend more money than I make. Thank-you.

Simi

You gotta pay your bills first. Only with what's left over can you buy guns, ammo and gun parts. Sorry for the bad news, but that is really the way it works. If you want to free up cash, then you reduce bills. Give up the monthly TV bill for instance. Wife and I don't even HAVE a TV much less a monthly TV bill :)

Simi-audamadik
25 September 2014, 03:02
Gave up the wife 6 years ago (or she gave me up, can't remember)...cable 2 years ago...finally paid the last of some medical bills this year. Completed my first pistol build over the last weekend. I'm starting to have some fun. I just gotta try not to go wild with my new windfall. ;) Got a build in the works and I'm hoping to get lucky on the giveaway, but if not I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the information and the gun porn. :D :D :D

Pyzik
25 September 2014, 06:38
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/10696253_732383103477430_486786432489252891_n.jpg? oh=b37e4c81e0f957e4d3ca9aa9e3a38bc9&oe=548D55A7&__gda__=1422242672_3ebc1fcc32dfb7716dd6c08b48915ef 2

Do want.

EDIT: Just noticed, there is no Stick logo... This is his image and not mine, FYI.

UWone77
25 September 2014, 11:00
Went to Vegas for a few days and I come back to a bunch of whiny I didn't get my confirmation emails... ahhhh so good to be needed!

FortTom
25 September 2014, 11:27
Went to Vegas for a few days and I come back to a bunch of whiny I didn't get my confirmation emails... ahhhh so good to be needed!

Good, you're well rested. Can you email or pm me if I win anything? Can I enter more than once? Can I have more than one account? Give me a prize or I'm one and done. Can you fix my spam filter? Can you tell me why I don't have a conformation email? Do I have to go on Facebook? Do I need a Facebook account to go on Facebook? When I win, can you just deliver the prize yourself? If I have any further questions, where can I call you? Is sometime between 0230 and 0430 o.k.? Can I pick my own prize? If I think of anything else, I call you or pm you or email you? Please respond within the next 10 minutes, I need a nap.

Oh, I forgot. "I'm in."

camomike
25 September 2014, 11:51
Good, you're well rested. Can you email or pm me if I win anything? Can I enter more than once? Can I have more than one account? Give me a prize or I'm one and done. Can you fix my spam filter? Can you tell me why I don't have a conformation email? Do I have to go on Facebook? Do I need a Facebook account to go on Facebook? When I win, can you just deliver the prize yourself? If I have any further questions, where can I call you? Is sometime between 0230 and 0430 o.k.? Can I pick my own prize? If I think of anything else, I call you or pm you or email you? Please respond within the next 10 minutes, I need a nap.

Oh, I forgot. "I'm in."

Why buy the cow when you get the snark for free!

UWone77
25 September 2014, 11:54
I posted a new Sticky on Stick's FB page. If people can't read that... well, I'm not going to feel bad for them, when the manual account approval process stops and we close the giveaway thread. [:D]

GaSwamper
25 September 2014, 12:35

Oh, I forgot. "I'm in."
You forgot do I really have to thank all the vendors? And oh yea when does this thing start?

UWone77
25 September 2014, 12:38
As a side note... I love you WEVO regulars... you guys crack me up... especially FT.

One of those uppers is going to a WEVO member with at least 10 posts.

velocity2006
25 September 2014, 12:49
Seriously if you can't figure out how to register and post on a forum you probably should not be attempting to build AR-15's lol.

UWone77
25 September 2014, 12:56
Seriously if you can't figure out how to register and post on a forum you probably should not be attempting to build AR-15's lol.

LOL... some people have legit issues... but 95% are probably self initiated.

Ranger3579
25 September 2014, 13:10

Oh, I forgot. "I'm in."

:) wait you forgot "do I really have to be a member at that forum, or can I just share this post and like the fb pages?" Oh wait "exactly how are you going to contact me"(personally like this one cause they have already assumed they've won something)
this is what I know- I wasn't a member before the epic giveaway, but I had no problems figuring anything out, everything was very self explanatory, and I will continue to be a member of this great site because their is a wealth of information and a lot of good people here.
To anyone whom is one and done or just signed up for the giveaway- YOUR LOSS, you should really want to explore this place and suck up the knowledge or impart some of your own wisdom maybe!
To wevo admins and longtime members- Thank-you! I hope to gain something from this forum, and not just free gifts either.