PDA

View Full Version : Stickman 100K Giveaway Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

srvctec
4 October 2014, 11:38
Stick or the admins not announcing on the FB page? Notice it was posted here, but not there. A move away from that?

The easiest way to be notified about winners is to go to the WEVO winners thread from your browser and in the upper right where it says thread tools, click/tap on that and choose subscribe to thread. From there you will be given the option to choose how to be notified and how often. I chose immediately via email. I've been involved with forums for 15 years (moderated a few as well) and am posting this for those who may not be familiar.

camomike
4 October 2014, 12:17
The easiest way to be notified about winners is to go to the WEVO winners thread from your browser and in the upper right where it says thread tools, click/tap on that and choose subscribe to thread. From there you will be given the option to choose how to be notified and how often. I chose immediately via email. I've been involved with forums for 15 years (moderated a few as well) and am posting this for those who may not be familiar.
Appreciate it. Been here a while, was more a question to UW about how they were planning to do things.

WHSmithIV
4 October 2014, 13:14
Which is exactly why we aren't facilitating this.

Remember getting a gift as a kid you didn't like or want? Your mother then told you to smile and say thank you? Same principle here.

That's an absolute fact UWone.

WHSmithIV
4 October 2014, 13:17
any thought to possibly putting up a swap thread, in case someone gets something they already have, and someone is willing to swap w/ them? not trying to give yall more work, just crossed my mind is all

You gotta be kidding right? 1) you can't have too much of something. 2) IT'S A GIFT! Be happy if you get lucky enough to win something and say thank you!

RobSWVA
4 October 2014, 13:31
Absolutely NOT.

ok, was just a thought, wasnt pushing for it or anything. I personally would be happy w/ anything I might possibly get chosen for, regardless of current need. was just bored sittin at the laptop thinkin bout random stuff.

you guys dont have to come down so hard though, as i mentioned in the original post, was just a thought, not something i was petitioning for or personally wanting

BM2
4 October 2014, 13:49
Congrats Cmeier117

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toolboxluis00200
4 October 2014, 14:18
Only if they were lead based.
yes yes it was

toolboxluis00200
4 October 2014, 14:19
You were on the verge of a sentence there...

wait that was not a comp-lit sentence :(

toolboxluis00200
4 October 2014, 14:23
Cmeier117

congrats buddy

Shift.Six
4 October 2014, 14:42
Holdaway03
&
Cmeier117

Congrats!!

JTS-M1A
4 October 2014, 15:02
Congrats Cmeier117

Rottie71
4 October 2014, 15:08
Congrats Cmeier117!

FR4NCH3K
4 October 2014, 16:13
Damn, looks like the sign up thread is locked, guess I'll wish the rest of you good luck!

FortTom
4 October 2014, 16:20
ok, was just a thought, wasnt pushing for it or anything. I personally would be happy w/ anything I might possibly get chosen for, regardless of current need. was just bored sittin at the laptop thinkin bout random stuff.

you guys dont have to come down so hard though, as i mentioned in the original post, was just a thought, not something i was petitioning for or personally wanting

Most guys on here don't "push" or "petition" for anything. Usually, if someone might like to see some policy change of some sort, they'll politely PM one of the admin/moderators. I think on Stickman's Face Book page, under the rules when the contest started, UWone77 had already wrote something to the effect that he'd heard rumors of folks possibly selling or trading of "unwanted" gifts. From the tone of his answer, and rightly so, I think he made his position absolutely clear. As for your post, that, my man, shows an absolute lack of class, and probably wouldn't set too well with the folks who donated these prizes.

I would just offer this. If you're concerned about receiving a prize you may not want, contact UWone77, and tell him to delete you from the giveaway. Problem solved.[BD]

RobSWVA
4 October 2014, 16:46
that was kind of the whole point of both of my posts, was that I personally wasnt interested, more so just wondering for no reason whether something like that was going to be avail to others. As previously stated, including in the quote that was used above, I have no personal interest in this being done. was a simple question that popped in my head while sitting here reading through the forums, so figured I would ask. I'm sorry that I may have missed a prev comment on that subject, sometimes I have other things to do and dont dig far enough back in my news feeds and/or notifications. As for myself personally, I could use literally anything that is being given away, whether its a receiver or a sticker, so I would keep whatever I did (or did not) win. Think if we are gonna make comments on someone's posts/questions, maybe we should read all of what is posted, not just the parts that can be beaten again and again over a person's head

GOST
4 October 2014, 16:57
Sorry RobSWVA for the knee jerk reaction. You are in trouble due to size of your last post, are you compensating for something?[:D]

EliteEaston
4 October 2014, 17:09
I'm in. Hoping for a win

voodoo_man
4 October 2014, 17:13
I'm in. Hoping for a win

Wrong thread...

Soisauss
4 October 2014, 17:20
Congrats to cmeier on the upper!!

FortTom
4 October 2014, 17:21
Wrong thread...

I think UWone77 and the other mods and admins have to have the patience of a brick. I think I would finally crack and go ballistic....[:D][:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
4 October 2014, 17:24
I think UWone77 and the other mods and admins have to have the patience of a brick. I think I would finally crack and go ballistic....[:D][:D]

Yep I would have long ago... And I work EMs and deal with a lot of stupidity on a daily basis. Only thing that keeps me from snapping there is I get paid to put up with it there. This is a different kind of stupid...

voodoo_man
4 October 2014, 17:30

I'm sure they each have a ban hammer mounted on their walls over their monitors, waiting for the right time.

Mr. Jay Tac
4 October 2014, 17:43
Im in!!!

Just kidding....

Congrats Cmeier117

nCarnage
4 October 2014, 18:02
Congrats to Cmeier117. That looks like a sweet upper.

mustangfreek
4 October 2014, 18:12
Congrats to cmeier on the upper!!

this...

lol...

UWone77
4 October 2014, 18:34
I'll just leave this little gem here:

How the hell do you navigate that site where you read the winners?? I 'm not whining, I'm just not used to that site apparently, I can't get it to do anything????

Lkb513
4 October 2014, 18:40
Lol [crazy]

nCarnage
4 October 2014, 18:49
I'll just leave this little gem here:

So many facepalms. I'm going to have an imprint on my forehead soon.

UWone77
4 October 2014, 18:52
that was kind of the whole point of both of my posts, was that I personally wasnt interested, more so just wondering for no reason whether something like that was going to be avail to others. As previously stated, including in the quote that was used above, I have no personal interest in this being done. was a simple question that popped in my head while sitting here reading through the forums, so figured I would ask. I'm sorry that I may have missed a prev comment on that subject, sometimes I have other things to do and dont dig far enough back in my news feeds and/or notifications. As for myself personally, I could use literally anything that is being given away, whether its a receiver or a sticker, so I would keep whatever I did (or did not) win. Think if we are gonna make comments on someone's posts/questions, maybe we should read all of what is posted, not just the parts that can be beaten again and again over a person's head

Rob, let's move on and win some stuff. This forum prides itself on not getting into small drama. I see where you're coming from on the question, and I'm sure you can see how the question was perceived by the membership.

So many facepalms. I'm going to have an imprint on my forehead soon.

It's not so much his PM, but his delivery. What every happened to some basic manners? "Hi, I was attempting to navigate the site, and ran into some trouble. Can you please help me?" That would have gone much further. Maybe I expect too much.

nCarnage
4 October 2014, 18:57
Rob, let's move on and win some stuff. This forum prides itself on not getting into small drama. I see where you're coming from on the question, and I'm sure you can see how the question was perceived by the membership.

It's not so much his PM, but his delivery. What every happened to some basic manners? "Hi, I was attempting to navigate the site, and ran into some trouble. Can you please help me?" That would have gone much further. Maybe I expect too much.

It's all about delivery. And we (as most people should) know that. I give people the utmost respect when they ask for it. But if your an idiot, I'm going to eat my popcorn and watch the show.

We always expect a bit more. It's that little bit of hope. Sometimes it comes. Other times, facepalms.

JoshAston
4 October 2014, 19:06
Most of the people up there should not be allowed to own guys,

That hasn't been legal for about 150 years

Dstrbdmedic167
4 October 2014, 19:07
That hasn't been legal for about 150 years

Thanks for noticing my typo... Got to love a new phone...

RobSWVA
4 October 2014, 21:10

agreed and no problem. just wanted to make sure the reasoning behind my question was understood, as it didnt seem to be for a little bit. As you requested, on to other topics...

Swanson
4 October 2014, 21:47
Still trying to find where I need to be to see the winners?????!!!!

camomike
4 October 2014, 22:04

Top most posted sticky under -Discussion Boards - The Lounge

dtuttle
4 October 2014, 22:19
Im In

TacticalWatermelon
4 October 2014, 22:31
^lol

Those uppers are gorgeous. Congrats to the two guys that got them!

Soisauss
4 October 2014, 22:45
Im In

Yeah you are.......................................in the "facepalm" thread............................................ ........................no really, wrong thread, it's the other thread. :P

camomike
4 October 2014, 22:52
Im In

Sadly the entry thread is currently locked. Have the feeling we'll be seeing a few more of these.

SSgtLove
4 October 2014, 23:36
Anyone else have issues with the "Centurion Arms" link? I can't even search it on Facebook and find it???

hawzwood
4 October 2014, 23:39
Awesome start!

Gaspipeshooter
5 October 2014, 05:44
Anyone else have issues with the "Centurion Arms" link? I can't even search it on Facebook and find it???

Click on this: https://www.facebook.com/CenturionArms

JoshAston
5 October 2014, 05:49
Thanks for noticing my typo... Got to love a new phone...

Just messing with you, I haven't figured out how to do smilies with tapatalk yet

WHSmithIV
5 October 2014, 11:49

Here's the link - it will take you right to it

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6351-Stickman-100K-Winners-Thread

WHSmithIV
5 October 2014, 11:50
Sadly the entry thread is currently locked. Have the feeling we'll be seeing a few more of these.

I suspect that the deadline to enter has now passed since the giveaway has now started.

UWone77
5 October 2014, 11:55
We're going to open it up when we get caught up. Probably for another week or two. Then shut it down.

m0nster
5 October 2014, 13:26
In???

FortTom
5 October 2014, 14:49
[pop]

FT[:D]

zeroryde
5 October 2014, 16:37
Am I too late?

Dstrbdmedic167
5 October 2014, 16:48
Am I too late?

at the moment yes... they may open it back up just keep an eye out... as stick said on FB where have you been the last three weeks

camomike
5 October 2014, 17:19
Awesome. Call Stickman a dick... smart move kid. Unreal, just don't understand the attitude from these people. Rather than being grateful, nothing but attitude. At least he tried to back pedal fast.

UWone77
5 October 2014, 17:22
Awesome. Call Stickman a dick... smart move kid. Unreal, just don't understand the attitude from these people. Rather than being grateful, nothing but attitude. At least he tried to back pedal fast.

LOL... yes he did backpedal!! I mean, I wasn't disagreeing with him, BUT... probably shouldn't call a guy a dick in his own place. Just goes to show you, it's that whole courtesy, respect, manners thing.

Dstrbdmedic167
5 October 2014, 17:33
ungrateful ingrate... and doesn't even live in USA per his FB... What a douche...

srvctec
5 October 2014, 17:38

Yeah, I just saw that, too. I'd ban HIM for horrible manners. WOW

GaSwamper
5 October 2014, 17:42
WOW! Yea smooth move bud, actually made the old eye brows perk up when I saw that. Some peoples youngins.

Computalotapus
5 October 2014, 17:46
LOL... yes he did backpedal!! I mean, I wasn't disagreeing with him, BUT... probably shouldn't call a guy a dick in his own place. Just goes to show you, it's that whole courtesy, respect, manners thing.

Sometimes I think the world would be a better place without the internet and making it so parents don't fear going to jail for beating their kid's backside for being disrespectful pricks.

Dstrbdmedic167
5 October 2014, 17:47
Sorry stick... probably shouldn't be near FB when i've been with good "spirits" but really....

toolboxluis00200
5 October 2014, 18:14
well at list i made it before all the shenanigans kick in

mustangfreek
5 October 2014, 20:44
Haha...shenanigans.......[:D]

http://www.gormogons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/shenanigans.jpg

yellowfin
5 October 2014, 21:17
Oh well, others will quarrel as they may, while I will await winning something with a big bowl of popcorn and a couple chilled bottles of Abita, or perhaps a freshly mixed Surfer On Acid to make me feel all nice and tropical.

toolboxluis00200
5 October 2014, 21:26

lol

voodoo_man
6 October 2014, 00:41
Supertroopers 2 comin soon, btw.

din
6 October 2014, 01:46
Supertroopers 2 comin soon, btw.

and about time. hopefully it's good, none of the other broken lizard stuff was really great.

GOST
6 October 2014, 02:19

All use of the S word will be reported to Browcs.

ClusterPhuked
6 October 2014, 08:02
We gonna have a drawing today? I cant stop checking the thread. Im cracked out on this shit yo!

Pyzik
6 October 2014, 08:04
We gonna have a drawing today? I cant stop checking the thread. Im cracked out on this shit yo!

http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/4985530/forest_whitaker.jpg

ClusterPhuked
6 October 2014, 08:08
Am I getting the goofy eye?

Pyzik
6 October 2014, 08:09
Am I getting the goofy eye?

Yes.

http://raycornelius.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Forest-Whitaker.jpg

ClusterPhuked
6 October 2014, 08:21
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2Fa lbums%2Fv113%2FSpazzmatazz%2FStern%2FMy%252520Anim ations%2Fbeetgrin.gif&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sternfannetwork.com%2Fx en%2Findex.php%3Fthreads%2Fthe-amazing-beetlejuice-everything-beetlejuice-thread.682638%2F&h=302&w=309&tbnid=DN-tlgIYyPBqoM%3A&zoom=1&docid=MhKtqzpki-UvOM&ei=LrMyVPaTL5ejyASY1YCwBQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CDcQMygvMC84yAE&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=3295&page=7&start=221&ndsp=39

FortTom
6 October 2014, 13:19

I didn't see this, just read about it. It doesn't surprise me at all. And sadder than that is the fact that it doesn't surprise me at all. Granted, stuff like this comes from a very small populous of the folks who visit here, but it sort of sets a tone, that has already been dealt with earlier in this thing, with some of the shots "visitors" have taken at UWone77. I just think it's the nature of the beast. On the one hand all of the vendors are getting great exposure. I benefit from that by seeing what's available on the market, that might not have come to the attention of this forum. But I'm sad to say that I believe that the vast majority of the folks in the "im in", feeding trough will leave this forum when the last prize has been given away. Again, nature of the beast.

I won a very nice prize in the last giveaway, so I'm not holding my breath for more. But I did a little snooping and at the 50k giveaway, there was a multitude of folks who had low post counts which dates coincided with previous "give away's", and I have to believe that that number will multiply, with the enormity of this event. I'm really truly not trying to be a buzz kill, I'm just stating what I see.

I'm not discounting the enormity of this thing, it's just grown to be huge, way bigger than what I ever expected, like going from a breezy day to a F5 Tornado almost overnight. But in that huge pool of decent folks who are participating in this, well the bigger the crowd, the more ass wipes there are going to be. Sadly I'm sure that unless you happen to be one of those ass wipes, you can see this too. Folks today are just all about "what are you going to do for me". We have a government that has an agenda of instilling into people the notion of those who have, owe those who have not. The duds, losers and assholes who post on Sticks FB page, what he/she did view this giveaway as a bunch of the "have" folks owe them a complete BCM upper or more.

In as much fun as this Giveaway has been to watch, I personally can't wait for it to be over. I truly enjoy seeing someone flip out because they won some awesome prize, it really does my heart good, but I'm ready for WEVO to go back to being WEVO, and those new people who crow about remaining a member, and stand behind their word, adding to normal WEVO chaos, and get to posting new and original material.

End of Rant:[:D]

nCarnage
6 October 2014, 13:22
Someone disrespected stick?! Let me at him. People should be happy with what they get. Damn "entitlement" generation. Always ruining things.

ddearmon2010
6 October 2014, 13:37
people should just be greatful they even get an opportunity to be a part of something this awesome... stick could have said screw it.... he I'd putting himself out there for the benefit of us. show some appreciation and respect people

GaSwamper
6 October 2014, 14:57
So on a happy note like FT and others have said I've really enjoyed Stick putting all these venders in the spotlight and right at my attention. Some new some already favorites, it's really refined my wishlist digging around some of these sites. So far I think I see a CMT receiver, CMR rail, and Lantac Dragon goin on the wifes build. And I really didn't need to see what Weapon Worx can do to an M&P! Only problem now is keeping the wishlist on Earth a little and the longer this goes the harder that is becoming.

875fps
6 October 2014, 14:58
I really hope the guy that did that wasn't paying enough attention to the fact that he was talking to Stick. It definitely doesn't discount his rudeness at all, though, so whether it was Stick or one of us it was out of line and uncalled for. It's basic psychology ... you say something stupid or spout off something without putting any thought or research into it, someone calls you out on it, and you either get your feelings hurt and bounce back with something hurtful since that's how you were made to feel, or you pull back, assess the situation, and realize it was all your fault and you apologize. That particular person got hurt and offended and lashed out at his "attacker" which just happened to be Stick. :O

Ride4frnt
6 October 2014, 15:12
One vendor that really got my attention that I hadn't heard of before was kings arsenal. Their kryptek typhon seat covers would look great in my black truck!

Naytwan
6 October 2014, 15:18
Someone disrespected stick?! Let me at him. People should be happy with what they get. Damn "entitlement" generation. Always ruining things.

Agreed

Shift.Six
6 October 2014, 15:47
I won a very nice prize in the last giveaway, so I'm not holding my breath for more. But I did a little snooping and at the 50k giveaway, there was a multitude of folks who had low post counts which dates coincided with previous "give away's", and I have to believe that that number will multiply, with the enormity of this event. I'm really truly not trying to be a buzz kill, I'm just stating what I see.

...well the bigger the crowd, the more ass wipes there are going to be. Sadly I'm sure that unless you happen to be one of those ass wipes, you can see this too. Folks today are just all about "what are you going to do for me". We have a government that has an agenda of instilling into people the notion of those who have, owe those who have not. The duds, losers and assholes who post on Sticks FB page, what he/she did view this giveaway as a bunch of the "have" folks owe them a complete BCM upper or more.

In as much fun as this Giveaway has been to watch, I personally can't wait for it to be over. I truly enjoy seeing someone flip out because they won some awesome prize, it really does my heart good, but I'm ready for WEVO to go back to being WEVO, and those new people who crow about remaining a member, and stand behind their word, adding to normal WEVO chaos, and get to posting new and original material.

End of Rant:[:D]

I couldn't agree more but don't let a small post count alone let you think we're all bad. I mostly just read. I never knew about this place till I saw Stickman post about the last one, but I'm happy I did. Before now I only really hung around ARFCOM (for reference I've had an account on there since 2008, and I'm barely over 1000 posts lol). It's nice to mix things up a bit though and I love the fact this board seems a lot like a close knit community.

FortTom
6 October 2014, 17:18
I couldn't agree more but don't let a small post count alone let you think we're all bad. I mostly just read. I never knew about this place till I saw Stickman post about the last one, but I'm happy I did. Before now I only really hung around ARFCOM (for reference I've had an account on there since 2008, and I'm barely over 1000 posts lol). It's nice to mix things up a bit though and I love the fact this board seems a lot like a close knit community.

If you read my post, it particularly points directly to folks whose only posts correlate directly to the dates of other giveaways, not just folks with a low post count. They also all consist of mostly one thing. "Im in". They will leave and come around for the next give away. I'm really not sure that segment LIKES FB pages enough to actually peruse them for the content.

FT

Shift.Six
6 October 2014, 17:38
If you read my post, it particularly points directly to folks whose only posts correlate directly to the dates of other giveaways, not just folks with a low post count. They also all consist of mostly one thing. "Im in". They will leave and come around for the next give away. I'm really not sure that segment LIKES FB pages enough to actually peruse them for the content.

FT

This is true haha

Anyways here's to making my Monday less stressful 😉

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/lltek2002/59DFC2D7-4E21-449E-835F-1CD0A99BC34A_zpsw24uxzkm.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/lltek2002/media/59DFC2D7-4E21-449E-835F-1CD0A99BC34A_zpsw24uxzkm.jpg.html)

Cheers

UWone77
6 October 2014, 17:40
FT,

Give the new guys a break :) a lot of people aren't forum guys. Also you have to find the right forum for you.... Sometimes it takes times for new people to get settled. WEVO to me is like Cheers, and you guys are the regulars.

Yes, there are going to be a ton of mooches, but hey this is the entitlement generation!

UWone77
6 October 2014, 17:41
And sorry for the lack of updates and posts today... Stick and I took the day off from the giveaway.

Ride4frnt
6 October 2014, 17:47
How dare you!? All you have to do is run a measly little website, update a few Facebook posts, and protect a city in your spare time! You mean to tell me you couldn't even draw a prize to giveaway for free today!?

FortTom
6 October 2014, 17:54
FT,

Give the new guys a break :) a lot of people aren't forum guys. Also you have to find the right forum for you.... Sometimes it takes times for new people to get settled. WEVO to me is like Cheers, and you guys are the regulars.

Yes, there are going to be a ton of mooches, but hey this is the entitlement generation! I'm not busting any balls, and it's not my place to do so anyway. I was just bloviating my opinion about 1. Folks that would call the main player of this giveaway, a dick, and what I feel is the underlying cause of that kind of behavior. Nothing wrong with being the FNG. Everyone was new here once. Many have been here far longer than I. If you re-read it I was hoping a lot of the folks who have stated that they came for the prize, but are staying for the fun. That's actually what I meant when I said I hope they stay and bring fresh and new input. Maybe I worded it poorly.

And sorry for the lack of updates and posts today... Stick and I took the day off from the giveaway.
Yes, between this and your "day" jobs, I'd bet you both needed a little time...[:D]

P.S., quit being a dick.......[:D][:D][:D]:P:P:P[wow] Just kidding, don't blow snot at me.....[BD]

SharpShooter
6 October 2014, 18:17
As for lurkers, I just found this site and have yet to start a build so I do not really have anything of value to post to this site.

Almost blew the money on a ebook on 'how to build an AR without a serial number.' Now with this giveaway I know all the fine folks who sell all the goodies to make whatever I decide I wish to build.

Will start posting when I have interesting things to contribute...

Computalotapus
6 October 2014, 18:52
I already see a lot of new people posting regularly seeing old posts resurrected with new content and feedback. We picked up some really good people on the last 50K giveaway and I think we have already picked up some decent people from this one as well. Time will tell and others that come and lurk and read will start to post eventually. Heck I lurked for about 6 months before registering then lurked for another 3 months before I started asking questions.

Dstrbdmedic167
6 October 2014, 18:59
Hey I'm a newby... I try to chip in where I feel I can truly contribute, not just blow hot air... I also have seen the same as comp... Old post with new content. I've also added a few good build threads of my own...

broodxi
6 October 2014, 19:36
I will say, that if I hadn't seen a post from Monderno on my FB, I'd still probably not know about Stick or WEVO for that matter. Thanks to Stick and crew's efforts, I've been introduced to many companies i had no knowledge of prior. that includes WEVO. I'm not a man of a lot of words, but you'll be seeing more of me. Thanks Stick and crew, and if you're out there thanks Monderno.

GOST
6 October 2014, 20:36
I lurked for awhile before I joined, mostly pic threads. Then I became a fan of Rob_S posts on the TOS and followed him here.

GOST
6 October 2014, 20:46
I don't always follow Rob's advice though. I can't help myself I love to fiddle fart.

ClusterPhuked
6 October 2014, 21:04
So I just assembled my first AR lower tonight. Piece of cake.
The more I learn about these rifles the more I love them!

RobSWVA
6 October 2014, 21:06
yep, even if you win nothing, its not only fun to participate, but you get access to some great info on the forums and some great products get brought to your attention every time you log into FB. Not to mention that you find things you like more than what you already have on your wish list and get to edit it on a regular basis

GOST
6 October 2014, 21:13
Another great source for info is Ben at Ar15news.com.

Thompson
6 October 2014, 21:36
As for lurkers, I just found this site and have yet to start a build so I do not really have anything of value to post to this site.

Will start posting when I have interesting things to contribute...
Ah! Blasphemy!! You don't need to have knowledge to necessarily contribute (granted, you'll probably need to have some knowledge to respond to things and such), but definitely not mandatory. I started out (and am still somewhat) in the same boat you're currently in.

FortTom
6 October 2014, 23:04
Congratulations...[:D]

DutyUse
6 October 2014, 23:47

Be careful. Building rifles quickly becomes a full time addiction ;D

ClusterPhuked
7 October 2014, 06:04

I've had worse hobbies! lol

nCarnage
7 October 2014, 06:57

Was it a paid time off :)

nCarnage
7 October 2014, 06:58

Man your telling me. Built my first one and already on the second. My logic: do it now before I have kids.

castiel
7 October 2014, 07:13
I've had worse hobbies! lol

I don't think you understand the extent of this disease. Spare parts reproduce into full rifles and drain your bank account and max out all your credit cards. Then they do it again, and again, and again ....

Pyzik
7 October 2014, 08:23
I must only be slightly affected by the disease...

My AR pistol has been in a perpetual state of "stripped lower" for almost a year now. :(

Will@AR15Hunter
7 October 2014, 08:42
I don't think you understand the extent of this disease. Spare parts reproduce into full rifles and drain your bank account and max out all your credit cards. Then they do it again, and again, and again ....

Exactly. People tell you, "you should have a spare LPK, bolt," etc. Well, I did all that, and somehow they turned into spare rifles....

aatheiss
7 October 2014, 09:50
Man your telling me. Built my first one and already on the second. My logic: do it now before I have kids.

Ain't that the truth! My first kid will arrive in about a month, and I recently scrambled to get a second AR built. I have plans for more uppers and full rifles, but I have no doubt it'll be a few years before I get them!

Vesticles
7 October 2014, 09:54
I must only be slightly affected by the disease...

My AR pistol has been in a perpetual state of "stripped lower" for almost a year now. :(

You're in the incubation stage...

ddearmon2010
7 October 2014, 09:55
I won't lie I'm new to the AR and am getting a lot of useful info from you guys.... I joined the forum for both the giveaway and so I can learn a little more about what products and ideas for my first build....

Pyzik
7 October 2014, 10:07
Ain't that the truth! My first kid will arrive in about a month, and I recently scrambled to get a second AR built. I have plans for more uppers and full rifles, but I have no doubt it'll be a few years before I get them!
I have a 7 month old (our first and likely only) and believe me, they do hurt the gun funds.

Though time what I am really lacking. Its hard to get out to train now. Wife needs her time too ya know. Haha

Guinnesseb
7 October 2014, 10:16
You're not kidding!!! Just finished up my second one and after learning about a few new manufacturers via this giveaway I'm ready to start another... Just gets a little pricey so i need to remember to pace myself.... Good luck to everyone and thanks for bringing us FNGs into the fold.....

nCarnage
7 October 2014, 11:09

Wife and I are in the fun stage (making the baby). But knowing that someday she will say "I'm pregnant" translates to "you have 9 months to finish that build or its in limbo for a long time"

aatheiss
7 October 2014, 11:15
Wife and I are in the fun stage (making the baby). But knowing that someday she will say "I'm pregnant" translates to "you have 9 months to finish that build or its in limbo for a long time"

I would say not even 9 months. I've had to be very careful how I had parts delivered, because she's been on me about how much money we won't have when the kid arrives. That is to say, my wife doesn't know about this second AR... nobody tell her!

UWone77
7 October 2014, 11:57
Giveaway post updated, hopefully more people will read that and get their own questions answered.

For those waiting for the thread to open back up to enter, we are shooting for Friday to get caught up.

Several more sponsors waiting to jump in, we'll add those when the pile of giveaways get thinned out here. Don't worry, I'm giving more stuff away today!

Computalotapus
7 October 2014, 12:30
Im In

Winner winner chicken dinner.....

UWone77
7 October 2014, 12:41
Im In

At first I thought this was a joke.... well you can't fix stupid.

Pyzik
7 October 2014, 12:51

I too thought it was a joke, then noticed the post count... sigh.

FortTom
7 October 2014, 12:55

Hell, just leave it......tell 'em to hold their breath, click their heels 3 times and wait for their prize from the wizard...[:D] "They're not in Kansas anymore"..:P

GOST
7 October 2014, 13:10
I have a 7 month old (our first and likely only) and believe me, they do hurt the gun funds.

Though time what I am really lacking. Its hard to get out to train now. Wife needs her time too ya know. Haha

Pyzik you chicken why stop at one. The problem today is that the good guys like Pyzik are chicken and have only one kid. The second kid is easier than the first. I have 2 girls and I've also started a SBR. So man up and get to work.

GaSwamper
7 October 2014, 13:12
Sorry UW but now that's funny. I couldn't have timed that more perfect after you're post. Ya just gotta laugh.

Pyzik
7 October 2014, 13:13
Pyzik you chicken why stop at one. The problem today is that the good guys like Pyzik are chicken and have only one kid. The second kid is easier than the first. I have 2 girls and I've also started a SBR. So man up and get to work.

TWO girls!? Whew. Ours is a girl too.
Who knows what the future will bring. Perhaps once this one is a little older we'll change our minds but I don't know...

UWone77
7 October 2014, 13:15
Sorry UW but now that's funny. I couldn't have timed that more perfect after you're post. Ya just gotta laugh.

It's all about timing... just received this gem after posting the update and asking everyone to read the entire post:

I haven't yet received a confirmation e-mail. Can you please approve my account so I can post on the Stickman 100k giveaway?

Sadly, I already checked his account and had approved him long ago... but then again he didn't read the rules anyway as I specifically mentioned we aren't opening the giveaway backup until Friday.

Dstrbdmedic167
7 October 2014, 13:17

I second this, my wife and I had twins boys in August of 2012. We also have an 8 yr old daughter. I had a 1 shotgun at that time. I now have a large Winchester 24 gun safe overflowing, which includes 5 AR's and working on #6. Man up lol

Computalotapus
7 October 2014, 13:25
TWO girls!? Whew. Ours is a girl too.
Who knows what the future will bring. Perhaps once this one is a little older we'll change our minds but I don't know...

Two girls here too... you are going to need the arsenal to show the boyfriends and state "I am not afraid of doing jail time, and I am not afraid of using every weapon in this safe. Curfew is 11pm... that means I open the safe at 10:45pm"

GOST
7 October 2014, 13:48
I'm gonna be in trouble cause the girls look like momma rather than me.

GOST
7 October 2014, 13:49
Two girls here too... you are going to need the arsenal to show the boyfriends and state "I am not afraid of doing jail time, and I am not afraid of using every weapon in this safe. Curfew is 11pm... that means I open the safe at 10:45pm"

See Pyzik the cool guys have 2 girls. Now get to work.

Pyzik
7 October 2014, 13:57

Hahaha, tell ya what, I'll start practicing! :cool:

Battle Cock
7 October 2014, 14:01

I had a girls father try this once. I showed up early just so I could check out what he had. Turns out I knew more about his weapons than he did!

GOST
7 October 2014, 14:07
If you get started now one of the prizes in the giveaway can be to name your next child.

RobSWVA
7 October 2014, 14:08
just keep in mind when you go after that 2nd kid, they say if you have two in a row of the same sex, future pregnancies are more than 75% likely to be the same as well. Sooo glad I had two boys, I woulda ended up in prison, lol

Pyzik
7 October 2014, 14:13
If you get started now one of the prizes in the giveaway can be to name your next child.
With some of these guys, I'm not sure the name would be coherent/legible.

just keep in mind when you go after that 2nd kid, they say if you have two in a row of the same sex, future pregnancies are more than 75% likely to be the same as well. Sooo glad I had two boys, I woulda ended up in prison, lol
That's a terrifying statistic!
If I could be guaranteed a boy I'd be MUCH more likely to say yes to another.
As it is, I plan on making this girl one tough gun toting independent cookie.

GOST
7 October 2014, 14:25

They also say that if you served on a nuclear sub that greatly increases the odds towards having girls.

akersc
7 October 2014, 14:30
It's all about timing... just received this gem after posting the update and asking everyone to read the entire post:

Sadly, I already checked his account and had approved him long ago... but then again he didn't read the rules anyway as I specifically mentioned we aren't opening the giveaway backup until Friday.

I just told Comp I was going to hit every thread and say "I'm in" - ya know just to make sure I'm doin it right 😁

GaSwamper
7 October 2014, 14:46

I'm In!!

toolboxluis00200
7 October 2014, 15:08
I would say not even 9 months. I've had to be very careful how I had parts delivered, because she's been on me about how much money we won't have when the kid arrives. That is to say, my wife doesn't know about this second AR... nobody tell her!

lol

toolboxluis00200
7 October 2014, 15:10

some ppl can not read COMMON CORE FTW :(

toolboxluis00200
7 October 2014, 15:12
i wish i had kids :( i guess M4ger will be my only kids

FortTom
7 October 2014, 15:26
Congrats to WHSmithIV for winning the new upper receiver...[:D]

camomike
7 October 2014, 15:27
Congrats WHSmith! Hope you stick around so we can see what you do with it.

srvctec
7 October 2014, 15:32
Congrats, WHSmithIV!

GaSwamper
7 October 2014, 15:38
Way to go WHSmith, congrats. Glad to see it.

Ride4frnt
7 October 2014, 15:39
Congrats WHSmithIV! Pics or it didn't happen?

UWone77
7 October 2014, 15:41
So I'm curious guys... what's your ideal winning prize on this giveaway? Actually how about 2?

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

Dstrbdmedic167
7 October 2014, 15:50
So I'm curious guys... what's your ideal winning prize on this giveaway? Actually how about 2?

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

Beggers can't be choosers... I'd be happy with anything big or small that I can use...

FortTom
7 October 2014, 16:07

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

I think my chances of winning are slim and none, given the number of entries, but I think, myself included, should be happy with whatever the hell you get. Sure, I'd rather have that Matt Helm knife, or a upper receiver, (I just bought a new barrel), but I'd be happy if I just won a cool patch. This is a giveaway, not a contest. The key word there being give. And if someone gives me something, like the old saying goes, don't look in the mouth of a gift horse. Anything less shows a total lack of class - to just plain being a slug and a social reject. But that's just my happy as hell to be here opinion...[BD]

P.S. " I'm In " When do I actually get my prize?[:D]

Guinnesseb
7 October 2014, 16:09
Congrats WHSmithIV!!!!!

Computalotapus
7 October 2014, 16:10
To raise 20k for the Fisher House would be my ultimate prize winning
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

Pyzik
7 October 2014, 16:12
Congrats WHSmithIV!!

Thompson
7 October 2014, 16:12
Congrats WHSmithIV! That's one slick upper you got there!

UW - at the probability of me winning something - I'd just be happy to win ANYTHING at this point haha. Don't care about the dollar amount; cause at the end of the day it's the thought [from the companies] that count!

Ride4frnt
7 October 2014, 16:18
In no particular order, I'd like the NFA trust with gift card for for stamp, the King's Arsenal seat covers in kryptek typhon would look great in my black truck, and I'd also enjoy one of the backpacks. And for the ultimate prize I'd really like the US Optics glass. Are there any .308 components in the mix?

UWone77
7 October 2014, 16:19
In no particular order, I'd like the NFA trust with gift card for for stamp, the King's Arsenal seat covers in kryptek typhon would look great in my black truck, and I'd also enjoy one of the backpacks. And for the ultimate prize I'd really like the US Optics glass. Are there any .308 components in the mix?

The Aero M5 receivers.

camomike
7 October 2014, 16:22

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.
In my case (still working my build from the previous GAW) 1) I'd love to hit on of the Matt Helm blades. Things are a work of art. Just simply beautiful work.
2) The other thing I'm hoping for is the Troy or Centurion Arms sight sets. The only thing I'm lacking from my GAW build from the WEVO 50k. Of course a Stickman print would be fabulous too. Let's be honest, it's the main reason the GAW is happening in the first place.

But it's hard to say high/low dollar items. Most of these are coming in close to the same price point with a few obvious outliers.

Ride4frnt
7 October 2014, 16:22
The Aero M5 receivers.

Yeah. I would like those or anything I listed above, but I'm content with my CMT upper

Edit: the ultimate prize would be a SanTan Lower. Pretty please!

camomike
7 October 2014, 16:25
Congrats WHSmithIV! That's one slick upper you got there!

UW - at the probability of me winning something - I'd just be happy to win ANYTHING at this point haha. Don't care about the dollar amount; cause at the end of the day it's the thought [from the companies] that count!

This. The fact that so many have kicked in, and what they have is just simply astounding. The generosity boggles the mind. Then the fact that UW, Stick and the other admins are taking the time to organize and run it just takes the cake.

Rottie71
7 October 2014, 16:34
Congrats WHSmithIV!

camomike
7 October 2014, 16:36
To raise 20k for the Fisher House would be my ultimate prize winning
How far are you folks off at the moment?

GaSwamper
7 October 2014, 16:45

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

Now that's a tough question but I guess since I'm planning my wifes build anything in the receiver line or a centurian rail. The Aero set would be snowball for me personally. As far as low dollar, is there really anything low dollar in this ha? I guess a Lantac dragon if you consider that low, too many choices really.

GaSwamper
7 October 2014, 16:47
How far are you folks off at the moment?

I was curious about this as well. I hope we got to a few more folks with a lot of us sharing and of course Stickman putting it out there.

BM2
7 October 2014, 17:00
Congrats WHSmithIV

GOST
7 October 2014, 17:08

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

1. US Optics Scope
2. Centurion Arms 11" CMR

mustangfreek
7 October 2014, 17:09
Beggers can't be choosers... I'd be happy with anything big or small that I can use...

X2...well said..and pretty much how i feel...If i win something...cool..if not...thats cool also...i am happy to be a part of something..not just a giveaway, but a showing how close and what good people are in this industry/hobby...

In...[:D]

GOST
7 October 2014, 17:09
3. Trust paperwork

RobSWVA
7 October 2014, 17:11

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

Personally I would be grateful for either/or. Winning something, regardless of value, is pretty damn cool. If I had to pick, I guess high dollar would be a URG, and non-high dollar would be a flash hider/compensator.

And on another note, congrats Will! you've been one lucky SOB lately!

kevbo
7 October 2014, 17:14
I'm in

Judicator
7 October 2014, 17:14
1: something not illegal in my state.
2: anything haha

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

Computalotapus
7 October 2014, 17:15
I was curious about this as well. I hope we got to a few more folks with a lot of us sharing and of course Stickman putting it out there.

$17,000 short. Sad to say it has only raised just under $3000. Biggest complaint from people is they don't want to register for pistol pay to make the donation. Then they will throw up the excuse that times are tough and shortly post up they just scored 500 rounds for the weekend range session. To be honest this fundraiser has been a lot of hard work that my wife has put in, along with select members from the Rainier Arms and Pistol Pay staff. To see all this hard work end with little results because someone doesn't want to register to pistol pay and verify who they are so we can accurately track the people that donated to get them into a spreadsheet for a drawing just blows my mind. Sad part is just need 1700 people to donate $10 each that is not asking a lot. But I guess a veterans sacrifice isn't worth the 10 minutes it takes to register and verify to make that $10 donation.

I could rant on for days about this thing but I would end up pissing a lot of people off on this so I will just shut up and move along the droids I am looking for are not here.

BP_Z28
7 October 2014, 17:15
1: something not illegal in my state.
2: anything haha

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

Lol, right on the dot...pun intended? :P

RobSWVA
7 October 2014, 17:17
I'm in

--_-- smh

UWone77
7 October 2014, 17:19
$17,000 short. Sad to say it has only raised just under $3000. Biggest complaint from people is they don't want to register for pistol pay to make the donation. Then they will throw up the excuse that times are tough and shortly post up they just scored 500 rounds for the weekend range session. To be honest this fundraiser has been a lot of hard work that my wife has put in, along with select members from the Rainier Arms and Pistol Pay staff. To see all this hard work end with little results because someone doesn't want to register to pistol pay and verify who they are so we can accurately track the people that donated to get them into a spreadsheet for a drawing just blows my mind. Sad part is just need 1700 people to donate $10 each that is not asking a lot. But I guess a veterans sacrifice isn't worth the 10 minutes it takes to register and verify to make that $10 donation.

I could rant on for days about this thing but I would end up pissing a lot of people off on this so I will just shut up and move along the droids I am looking for are not here.

Seems like it would help if The Fisher House themselves would also spread the word, even just on Social Media.

RobSWVA
7 October 2014, 17:20

Unfortunately for myself I'm just now getting a job lined up, so have no pay coming in right now. However, regardless of whether the giveaway related to this is still going or not, once I do get some money coming in here in 2-3 weeks (damned hold back on paychecks), I'd be more than happy to pitch $10 to the cause; because you are right, $10 is not much when compared to what it's going towards.

Computalotapus
7 October 2014, 17:27
Seems like it would help if The Fisher House themselves would also spread the word, even just on Social Media.

There was an email that went out that explained why they can't market it unless it goes through their donation page which didn't offer any way to track donators. Lets to drop it and go back to the regularly scheduled programming of "I'm in's" haha

UWone77
7 October 2014, 17:28
There was an email that went out that explained why they can't market it unless it goes through their donation page which didn't offer any way to track donators.

That is truly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. We'll take your money, but won't help you raise it for us unless it goes through our donation page.

I know that's not your fault, but you'd think they work with you.

FortTom
7 October 2014, 17:44
I'm in

Uh...O.K... and best of luck to you, Sir![:D]

Dstrbdmedic167
7 October 2014, 17:55
Uh...O.K... and best of luck to you, Sir![:D]

I bet he win's something!

FortTom
7 October 2014, 18:11

It doesn't bother that many people a day to check to see if they won a "free" gift. Maybe they don't understand they might win something "free" if they take the time to help a veteran and his or her family.

FT

XACT_ABORT
7 October 2014, 18:17

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

I know it's probably going to be redundant, but I would be stoked to win anything at all. I'm happy to be able to participate in once again a situation where WEVO is literally potentially paying me to be a member. Honestly my membership here is of more value to me personally than I could ever return by doing all that is being asked of the membership, which is simply to be active in discussing with many like minded individuals things that are of interest to me. Which leads me to my second thought. Please just bear with me because something has been bothering me a bit.

I know that a common cause for irritation among the membership is the one and done fly by guys. I get it, and I do agree. Like I said, there isn't much that's expected. Honestly all that is being hoped for here is that the forum grow in membership with folks that do a bit more than post "I'm in" for a giveaway. Which isn't unreasonable, but it is what it is. This is a free giveaway, it's gonna happen. Personally I joined just before the last 50K ended. I wasn't aware of it at the time, I just really liked the forum so I joined. Within a few days I saw the giveaway post and I'm pretty sure my first post was in fact "I'm in". Don't misunderstand, I totally would have joined for free stuff. I just didn't in this case, although the timing is pretty convenient.

So on to what is kind of bugging me, for what it's worth. It's the bitching I have either seen or heard of, some of it is pretty unbelievable. So for anyone that thinks it's too much to ask that you like a sponsor on Facebook that just donated stuff that they typically get money for, or for the tool that questions whether or not the admins of this forum are just giving stuff to their buddies implying the number generator isn't random, you guys can get bent.

The prize I won was a complete upper that retails for I believe around 1300 dollars. I didn't know anyone before the drawing, and it's certainly been well worth my time to be involved with this forum even without the prize. Although it is now assembled with a lower my absolute favorite piece of hardware because of the back story. Honestly bitchers, you can't beat this.

I Still struggle sometimes because frankly I'm more of a novice with this subject matter than many of these guys, but I contribute where I can and the key thing is that I have enjoyed my time here. Not only that, I have found this group to be universally accepting of me and my sometimes nerdy contributions. I even got a friend request from a member that I enjoy interacting with and I suspect is probably pretty similar to me as far as interests.

I guess to sum up my point to those that would complain, maybe you should shut up and enjoy the ride for what it is. It's possible that any of us could win some kick ass stuff, but even if you don't there are people putting very legitimate effort into making this a worthy destination either in an administrative capacity or by contributing some of the most useful content of any forum on the web. Don't piss down their back for doing it. It's just disrespectful of their time and efforts.

Done now. Congrats to all of the past and future winners. Thank you to all of the regular contributors whose content I have enjoyed. And to the admins that don't get paid to take random crap from stranger I thank you for your efforts. For what it's worth.

XA

Computalotapus
7 October 2014, 18:25
XACT_ABORT that is probably the best post I have read in a long time.

nCarnage
7 October 2014, 18:46
Congrats to whsmith on that 3rd Right to Bear arms upper.

toolboxluis00200
7 October 2014, 19:05
Congrats WHSmith!

deerhurst
7 October 2014, 20:00

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

I dont think Ive won anything to this point in my life. Id probably be pretty stoked with winning a stick of gum.

What is considered a "high dollar" prize? My high dollar is probably a lot lower than most.

If I do win something and have no need for it, it is going to be given to a buddy that could use it.

WHSmith! Congrats!

toolboxluis00200
7 October 2014, 20:05
I just want to win sticks duty upper :)

apmcdaniel
7 October 2014, 20:10

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

Honestly, anything. But in the spirit of the question - the U.S. Optics scope on the high end, and a FCG on the lower end.

I originally was not going to enter, but I have a couple of LEOs that need ARs fixed up or completed - so I will will use anything I happen to get to help them out, or possibly trade to help them out.

BTWI would NEVER sell something I win that was generously donated - but I would trade with others to help these guys out.

UWone77
7 October 2014, 20:53
I know it's probably going to be redundant, but I would be stoked to win anything at all. I'm happy to be able to participate in once again a situation where WEVO is literally potentially paying me to be a member. Honestly my membership here is of more value to me personally than I could ever return by doing all that is being asked of the membership, which is simply to be active in discussing with many like minded individuals things that are of interest to me. Which leads me to my second thought. Please just bear with me because something has been bothering me a bit.

I know that a common cause for irritation among the membership is the one and done fly by guys. I get it, and I do agree. Like I said, there isn't much that's expected. Honestly all that is being hoped for here is that the forum grow in membership with folks that do a bit more than post "I'm in" for a giveaway. Which isn't unreasonable, but it is what it is. This is a free giveaway, it's gonna happen. Personally I joined just before the last 50K ended. I wasn't aware of it at the time, I just really liked the forum so I joined. Within a few days I saw the giveaway post and I'm pretty sure my first post was in fact "I'm in". Don't misunderstand, I totally would have joined for free stuff. I just didn't in this case, although the timing is pretty convenient.

So on to what is kind of bugging me, for what it's worth. It's the bitching I have either seen or heard of, some of it is pretty unbelievable. So for anyone that thinks it's too much to ask that you like a sponsor on Facebook that just donated stuff that they typically get money for, or for the tool that questions whether or not the admins of this forum are just giving stuff to their buddies implying the number generator isn't random, you guys can get bent.

The prize I won was a complete upper that retails for I believe around 1300 dollars. I didn't know anyone before the drawing, and it's certainly been well worth my time to be involved with this forum even without the prize. Although it is now assembled with a lower my absolute favorite piece of hardware because of the back story. Honestly bitchers, you can't beat this.

I Still struggle sometimes because frankly I'm more of a novice with this subject matter than many of these guys, but I contribute where I can and the key thing is that I have enjoyed my time here. Not only that, I have found this group to be universally accepting of me and my sometimes nerdy contributions. I even got a friend request from a member that I enjoy interacting with and I suspect is probably pretty similar to me as far as interests.

I guess to sum up my point to those that would complain, maybe you should shut up and enjoy the ride for what it is. It's possible that any of us could win some kick ass stuff, but even if you don't there are people putting very legitimate effort into making this a worthy destination either in an administrative capacity or by contributing some of the most useful content of any forum on the web. Don't piss down their back for doing it. It's just disrespectful of their time and efforts.

Done now. Congrats to all of the past and future winners. Thank you to all of the regular contributors whose content I have enjoyed. And to the admins that don't get paid to take random crap from stranger I thank you for your efforts. For what it's worth.

XA

XA,

Great post, thanks for that.

I just wanted to say to the newbies, if you're here for the free stuff, I just want to clarify, I don't have an issue with that at all. We are here to support Stick and the manufacturers who have donated. If some of you stick around and show us your winnings, great, if not that's fine to. Either way, I still have to go to work tomorrow. [:D]

If anyone out there thinks we're hooking up our buddies, that's kind of silly as we could just call up most of these manufactures and ask them. We don't operate like that. In fact, XA won, one of the best prizes on the last giveaway. He can vouch I have no idea who he is and still don't for the most part. Do all of my buddies and co-workers enter these giveaways? Hell yes they do. In fact I have one buddy who has entered every single WEVO/Stick/Members giveaway and hasn't won anything... so there is no conspiracy there. [crazy]

Soisauss
7 October 2014, 21:12
XA,

Great post, thanks for that.

I just wanted to say to the newbies, if you're here for the free stuff, I just want to clarify, I don't have an issue with that at all. We are here to support Stick and the manufacturers who have donated. If some of you stick around and show us your winnings, great, if not that's fine to. Either way, I still have to go to work tomorrow. [:D]

If anyone out there thinks we're hooking up our buddies, that's kind of silly as we could just call up most of these manufactures and ask them. We don't operate like that. In fact, XA won, one of the best prizes on the last giveaway. He can vouch I have no idea who he is and still don't for the most part. Do all of my buddies and co-workers enter these giveaways? Hell yes they do. In fact I have one buddy who has entered every single WEVO/Stick/Members giveaway and hasn't won anything... so there is no conspiracy there. [crazy]

I'm opening a ice tea for you, because sweet tea.

Congrats to the 3rd winner!

toolboxluis00200
7 October 2014, 23:16
wow. that is one long post

din
8 October 2014, 02:21
That is truly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. We'll take your money, but won't help you raise it for us unless it goes through our donation page.

I know that's not your fault, but you'd think they work with you.

People involved in decision making are generally far removed from common sense. As for folks not registering for PistolPay, I'm the laziest mofo on earth, and if I can be assed to do it you got no excuse. Now I just gotta wait for payday.

As far as Stick's giveaway, I'm working off the assumption I'm not going to win, but I've enjoyed his photography for years and it's fun. I don't really post here, because...well, the forum's been kind of slow, and I generally ain't got much to say. I mostly come here to do window shopping during SHOT or when it's time for a new build.

Also, SAN DIMAS FOOTBALL RULES!

GOST
8 October 2014, 02:39
HEY, we're not slow just challenged.[BD]

tact
8 October 2014, 05:35

Got 4.....

nCarnage
8 October 2014, 06:12
HEY, we're not slow just challenged.[BD]

Who you calling challenged? I'm just special. So I was told. 😀

nCarnage
8 October 2014, 06:23

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

1: anything not illegal in my state (silencer)
2: ultimately would be Stick's duty upper. Just to keep it going as a duty upper. But honestly I would be happy with a photo.

A prize is just that....a prize. Can't win everything and If you do, be happy what you received. Just happy you and stick are doing such an awesome giveaway.

Alright now. Back to the big house keeping evil at bay.

Txfilmmaker
8 October 2014, 06:24
I would love to win anything. Especially if it helps me complete my first AR. I actually won a stripped lower on Facebook. I am a heart attack survivor of two and a half years, father of six children. Our youngest is special needs. We have tons of medical bills. So the only way I am getting an AR is through contests or gifts. I am thrilled to be alive and enjoying my family. I am already a winner. It would be cool to get something to towards my rifle. If I win, I win. Either way these contests are fun. I do have one concern. My Facebook name is my real name and my forum name is related to my work. I just realize the Admins may not be able to match the two up. Thoughts? Have fun with this guys! Enjoy the process and thank God for every breath. :)

camomike
8 October 2014, 06:56
I would love to win anything. Especially if it helps me complete my first AR. I actually won a stripped lower on Facebook. I am a heart attack survivor of two and a half years, father of six children. Our youngest is special needs. We have tons of medical bills. So the only way I am getting an AR is through contests or gifts. I am thrilled to be alive and enjoying my family. I am already a winner. It would be cool to get something to towards my rifle. If I win, I win. Either way these contests are fun. I do have one concern. My Facebook name is my real name and my forum name is related to my work. I just realize the Admins may not be able to match the two up. Thoughts? Have fun with this guys! Enjoy the process and thank God for every breath. :)

The WEVO drawing is separate from anything being given away on facebook. No need to worry about your names not matching up.

Shift.Six
8 October 2014, 07:24
Congrats WHSmithIV!! Luckyyyyyy

Txfilmmaker
8 October 2014, 08:43
The WEVO drawing is separate from anything being given away on facebook. No need to worry about your names not matching up.

Great! And thank you!

SwissyJim
8 October 2014, 10:21

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

I really REALLY want the NEA stock. My SBR DEMANDS the NEA stock...
Other than that... anything would be cool.

(got my 3 entries to Fischer House... how about you?)

toolboxluis00200
8 October 2014, 10:48

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.
to be honest is not a bad idea as long it pairs up well

1. 10 inch rail
2. rail covers

some thing like that

velocity2006
8 October 2014, 11:11

1. High dollar prize.
2. Non-high dollar.

Would have to say its a tie between the USO scope and Stick's duty upper for the high dollar
Low dollar would be a CMK trigger just to be able to try one out.

GOST
8 October 2014, 11:42
Got 4.....

You're an over achiever!

GOST
8 October 2014, 11:43
Who you calling challenged? I'm just special. So I was told. 😀

Yes you are.[BD]

BM2
8 October 2014, 17:23
Congrats 9EIGHT9 on the trust.

Pops76
8 October 2014, 17:28
#1 - Spartan billet receiver set
#2 - One of the trusts (is that considered low-dollar?)

Guinnesseb
8 October 2014, 17:29
Congrats 9EIGHT9! Put that trust to good use....

camomike
8 October 2014, 17:32
Congrats 9eight9! Put that trust to good use.

Pyzik
Congrats 9EIGHT9! Free trust!

GaSwamper
Congrats 9EIGHT9! Now suppressor or SBR?

toolboxluis00200
8 October 2014, 17:41
Congrats 9EIGHT9. and yes to the SBR. and suppressor

RobSWVA
8 October 2014, 17:44
congratulations 9eight9, enjoy your trust to the max

srvctec
8 October 2014, 18:26
Congrats, 9EIGHT9!

Thompson
8 October 2014, 18:30
9EIGHT9 you lucky dog! Nice score on the trust!

nCarnage
8 October 2014, 19:03
Congrats 9eight9.

Wrecker1
8 October 2014, 19:42
Congrats 9eight9.

DeMeritt
8 October 2014, 19:50
Congrats 9eight9! Good stuff

WHSmithIV
8 October 2014, 20:34
Absolutely 9eight9, congratulations on the trust. I think you're going to find it very useful in the future [:)]

Txfilmmaker
8 October 2014, 21:05
Congrats to 9eight9!

Simi-audamadik
9 October 2014, 02:22
Congrats to the three winners thus far! I may not physically win anything, but I've already won with this site. First it fills my need for gunporn...BIG TIME. Second, I've scored with one of the sponsors already; Parallax Tactical. I got in on their blem rail sale. Got to "meet" a really nice lady from the company (over the phone) named Jessica. She is the best example for customer service. Now I'm just waiting on my rail to arrive so I can move forward with my light weight build. Thanks again to Stick, UWone77, the admin team at WEVO, and especially all the sponsors! You guys are GREAT!

Later!

Simi

voodoo_man
9 October 2014, 04:04
Woot woot.

mustangfreek
9 October 2014, 04:12
Congrats 9EIGHT9 on the trust.

Sweet!!..Great prize

ddearmon2010
9 October 2014, 04:38
congrats 9eight9

ddearmon2010
9 October 2014, 04:43
high dollar is a full build 300blk
low dollar is just congratulating winners

Pyzik
9 October 2014, 06:09
None of the winners so far have come here to show their excitement? :(

UWone77
9 October 2014, 06:17
Here's a message Stick got last night.

Nice to see the moochies aren't just limited to the US.

Hi,

I have decided not to follow you because you give away some real good stuff but don't send to the UK.

Best of luck hope you continue to have many followers.

Dstrbdmedic167
9 October 2014, 06:19

It's a worldwide epidemic! As they would say across the pond... "What an Arse" (in my best accent)

UWone77
9 October 2014, 06:21
Not sure what he was expecting in one of the most restrictive countries in the world for firearms.

Simi-audamadik
9 October 2014, 06:22
What a doof! I'd follow this just to find out who wins what. This contest is more exciting than the dog races and the odds are better!! :o

Later!

Simi

n4p226r
9 October 2014, 06:25

stick should tell him he won the grand prize and send him piers morgan

Dstrbdmedic167
9 October 2014, 06:26
Not sure what he was expecting in one of the most restrictive countries in the world for firearms.

That you guys world break ITAR for him. I'm sure there's some photographer and purveyor of awesome parts would! 😜

875fps
9 October 2014, 08:01
None of the winners so far have come here to show their excitement? :(

He may not have commented in here, but WHSmithIV did create a new thread thanking everyone.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6394-Folks-Thank-you...

Pyzik
9 October 2014, 08:03
He may not have commented in here, but WHSmithIV did create a new thread thanking everyone.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6394-Folks-Thank-you...

Missed it! Thanks!

deerhurst
9 October 2014, 08:15
stick should tell him he won the grand prize and send him piers morgan

Hahaha! +1 to that! Anything to get rid of piers and let Jeremy Clarkson punch him in the face again.

toolboxluis00200
9 October 2014, 10:28
i am just hear for the hookers and the blow but you guys are out of both :(

ddearmon2010
9 October 2014, 10:36
I'm loving the excitement from this.... great prizes won.... great info being shared.... and learned about a lot of new products that I was unaware of.... certainly has not made it any easier to decide on my first build .... having a blast though

UWone77
9 October 2014, 14:52
Mrs. Stick is giving away a GGG bag on the FB page now...

Pyzik
9 October 2014, 14:57
Off to FB I go! Haha

UWone77
9 October 2014, 15:06
Off to FB I go! Haha

Prize Whore. [:D]

Pyzik
9 October 2014, 15:08
Prize Whore. [:D]
Hahaha, just expanding my chances... And besides, I really do want one of those bags.

Ride4frnt
9 October 2014, 15:08
Off to FB I go! Haha

Added you on fb and Instagram

Pyzik
9 October 2014, 15:09
Added you on fb and Instagram
Haha, I was just wondering who that was.

Ride4frnt
9 October 2014, 15:11
Haha, I was just wondering who that was.

Just lowly old me.

Pyzik
9 October 2014, 15:13
Just lowly old me.
I saw guns and thought "sure, I'll follow". :D

nCarnage
9 October 2014, 15:38
Off to FB I go! Haha

Same here. Oh and they are good bags. Believe that one in the pic has a hidden holster. Which I likey

toolboxluis00200
9 October 2014, 15:42
saw it and did it :)

Shift.Six
9 October 2014, 15:52
Congrats 9eight9!!

FortTom
9 October 2014, 16:12
The last 50K giveaway, well I really didn't "get it", all of the "likes and sharing" on Face Book. In the meantime I had been hearing so much about the .277 Wolverine round, developed by Mad Dog Weapons. Then out of nowhere his FB page pop's up on Stickmans FB page giving away a barrel for this round. That led me to his forum, where I ran into a couple of regulars here on Wevo. I wanted this round to complete my collection of AR's as a dedicated varmint gun. I knew that winning the barrel, well in reality, the chances were not to good to say the least, but Mark, the owner of Mad Dog Weapons posted to me, and made me a great offer on one of his 18" inch SS barrels, which would be perfect for my needs.

Long story short, I see how all of this social interaction puts folks in contact with each other, exposes one to information they may be lacking, and products that they may really want, but can't quite get a consensus, enough information, or otherwise get a handle on.

In all, something I've had in the back of my mind for six months or more, came to fruition in what really turned into a matter of minutes. So, it's not all about the prizes, as I think most of us know, I had a great time, just as if I had "won" something, found what I wanted, did some business with one of the sponsoring vendors, and found some of my internet bud's on other forums, and got to share in their think tanks and experience and guidance.

So now I "get it", It's about everything else, the possibility of winning something is totally secondary.

Thanks Stickman and UWone77 for helping me "get it"........[:D]

ddearmon2010
9 October 2014, 16:19
that's what I realized FortTom.... don't get me wrong I hope I win something... but the info and learning about the vendors and sponsors has been extremely valuable.... even more so than anything I could win on here and I know that when my build is complete it will be sick.

UWone77
9 October 2014, 16:47
The Giveaway thread is open again.

UWone77
9 October 2014, 16:56
Mrs. Stick and Mrs. UW has mandated we give this stuff away a lot faster, so prizes maybe dished out at a much faster rate soon.

tim716
9 October 2014, 16:56
I must say i'm really glad for this giveaway, I found lockhart munitions and ended up sending one of my ARs to him to get cerakoted. Wouldn't have found him if it weren't for Sticks giveaway. Thanks!

Dstrbdmedic167
9 October 2014, 16:57
Mrs. Stick and Mrs. UW has mandated we give this stuff away a lot faster, so prizes maybe dished out at a much faster rate soon.

Uh oh...

UWone77
9 October 2014, 16:58
Uh oh...

I think they want their lives back!!!

Dstrbdmedic167
9 October 2014, 16:59

I understand! At least Mrs Stick and Mrs. UW tolerate it... I hear mine fuss every time a box shows up.

Dstrbdmedic167
9 October 2014, 17:01
And if you've been following my post you understand how much I hear her fuss...

DutyUse
9 October 2014, 17:04

I learned early in my marriage. Happy wife happy life. I actually feel bad for you and stick atm

GOST
9 October 2014, 17:12

My not so random number generator would make this giveaway go a lot faster.[BD] By the way thanks brother for the hard work.

RobSWVA
9 October 2014, 19:13
The Giveaway thread is open again.

lol, and your fun begins anew! congratulations sir!

UWone77
9 October 2014, 19:16
lol, and your fun begins anew! congratulations sir!

In some ways yes, in some ways no.

Stick and I decided if people are too stupid to read the rules, we're not going to coddle them, hold their hand, or give them step by step instructions. If their accounts remain in limbo, so be it, I don't have the time to respond to every single PM.