PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mers Leaves Advanced Armament Corp.

UWone77
12 July 2014, 09:55
I didn't know Mike personally, but I never heard anything except good things about him. Sad to see AAC continuing to lose their top talent.

From our friends at Gear Scout: (http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2014/07/11/mike-mers-no-longer-with-aac/)

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2014/07/11/mike-mers-no-longer-with-aac/

Mike Mers is no longer in the employ of Advanced Armament Corporation as of Thursday, July 10. Details are very, very thin at this point and rumors are flying about the circumstances surrounding his departure, but at the moment the only sure thing is that he is no longer a full-time employee of the Georgia-based, Alabama-bound silencer and arms manufacturer.

“I’m not sure exactly what happened,” said one source inside AAC, “but I know Mike is no longer with the company.”

Two other sources inside AAC, both of them familiar with the situation but not authorized to speak on behalf of the company, confirmed the news. Mers was reached through an intermediary, but declined to talk about the situation.

“As a matter of policy,” said Remington Outdoor Company spokesperson Teddy Novin, “we don’t comment on personnel matters.”

Mers was hired in 2009 and has worked in various roles including law enforcement and military sales and as the company’s sales manager.

GOST
12 July 2014, 12:36
AAC's personnel hasn't faired well since being acquired by Remington.

UWone77
12 July 2014, 12:47
AAC's personnel hasn't faired well since being acquired by Remington.

No they really haven't. I was disappointed when Brent left. He ran the social media much better than whomever is doing it now.

rob_s
12 July 2014, 13:28
No they really haven't. I was disappointed when Brent left. He ran the social media much better than whomever is doing it now.

I get the impression that Remington isn't pursuing a direction wherein social media matters.

Sorry to hear about Mike leaving. I remember when he first moved up there to join them.

krinkle
12 July 2014, 22:42
Remington is still part of the Freedom Group which is owned by Cerebus, I'm not surprised that good people are getting pushed out. Cerebus is in it for the cash. Remember Sandy Hook, they said they were gonna sell it, blah blah blah. BS, they weren't in a position to reap huge profits yet. I've had a peek at how Cerebus operates. They will just come in to suck the cash out. Put lipstick on pig if they need to and profit. Here's to hoping all the companies under the Freedom Group survive and recover to their former greatness.

rob_s
13 July 2014, 05:18
After readin what Mike wrote on FB, it sounds more like AAC is leaving him, not the other way 'round. They've known for awhile that they were relocating the company, and it sounds like Mike spchose to stay in his new hometown rather than move.

I don't know why people have such heartburn with companies making money. It's what companies do. Yes, sometimes that means people get left get behind. Fact of life. This is true both here and in the Noveske situation. While we all hate to see people we like or have developed a relationship with over the years get "hurt" by the "big evil corporations", that's something that's entirely in control of the person in question. No company should ever let a person get to the point that they are indispensable, and no person should ever get to the point that they can't find another job.

TEN MTN
5 October 2014, 10:29
My nephew left them three weeks ago, due to their moveing
Shop to Alabama. I miss the skinny reports he did on ACC's blog.

yellowfin
5 October 2014, 21:43
My guess is, however, his talent won't go to waste. Kevin went to Sig, so I don't think he'll be letting the illegitimi get him down.