PDA

View Full Version : Inforce WMLx or Surefire Mini Scout Light

Cobalt
31 July 2014, 21:24
My next AR-Related purchase now that I bought a BCM upper will be a weapon light. I currently have the Surefire M951 Incandescent with the ARMS mount, looking to replace it. It's heavy, inefficient, eats batteries; basically it's outdated. So, I am deciding on what weapon light to pickup. I like lumen output, compactness and user interface the WMLX offers. I like the lumen output, user friendly output and rigidness of the Mini Scout.
Any opinions, reviews, if you're running either one of these feel free to comment.

Thanks!

GOST
1 August 2014, 05:15
If your planning on mounting it at 12 o'clock then the Inforce is a good option due to price and weight. If your mounting at any other angle then I prefer the Surefire. The only complaint I have about the M300B is the price.

UWone77
1 August 2014, 07:36
I like the Surefire Scout Lights, in my opinion the best lights on the market. However, everyone is on a budget, so the WML may suit your wallet better. As for the 12 'oclock position, I agree, the WML is better suited for that. You could always go with a Surefire X300 series if you want a 12 o'clock mount.

HardEight
1 August 2014, 08:25
They are both good products, but it's hard to compare the two.
Inforce is great, like others have said if you are on a budget and need a high value option.
But the Surefire is made of aluminum and the Inforce is some sort of injection molded plastic. I am not sure what it is exactly, but it isn't normal polymer.
Light output from both is more than sufficient.

My personal preference is the M300 Mini on a Thorntail or GearSector mount and the SR switch on the top rail so it can be reach from either hand.

Jerry R
1 August 2014, 13:01
Have you considered the Streamlight TLR series? The fairly new TLR-1 HL is a C4 LED with 630 Lumens, 4.18 oz., aluminum, works with their tape switch, and has a street price under $120 if you shop around. I've had good luck with Streamlight units.

gatordev
1 August 2014, 13:40
If your planning on mounting it at 12 o'clock then the Inforce is a good option due to price and weight. If your mounting at any other angle then I prefer the Surefire. The only complaint I have about the M300B is the price.

While this won't completely solve the problem, in my research of Scout Mini lights, I found that Weapon Outfitters had one of the lowest prices going. If you register with the site, you'll get occasional sales coming your way, usually around 10%. It seriously takes the bite out of buying a 300B. If you've spent some other cash with them, you even get points, which can further drop the price. Just a FYI.

Cobalt
1 August 2014, 17:36
I've been thinking about the Surefire for awhile now. The Inforce is good but I like the proven reliability of the Surefires. I think I am going to pickup the Surefire Mini Scout in a Impact Weapons Components Thorntail Keymod mount. The pickup the SR07 tape for it as well.

UWone77
1 August 2014, 19:11
I've been thinking about the Surefire for awhile now. The Inforce is good but I like the proven reliability of the Surefires. I think I am going to pickup the Surefire Mini Scout in a Impact Weapons Components Thorntail Keymod mount. The pickup the SR07 tape for it as well.

A Surefire Scout Light it one of those things you can never have too many of. Every good defensive carbine needs a white light. Good call, because even if you went with the Inforce, you'd probably still wonder if you should have purchased the Surefire.

Cobalt
1 August 2014, 21:50
A Surefire Scout Light it one of those things you can never have too many of. Every good defensive carbine needs a white light. Good call, because even if you went with the Inforce, you'd probably still wonder if you should have purchased the Surefire.

Yeah that's the thing. When I was deciding on whether to either pickup the full BCM BFH Upper or just the barrel and KMR I knew that I would kick myself for not getting in on the free BCG and Mod 0. Same goes with the Surefire Mini Scout in a thorntail mount. My goal is to lighten my rifle while strengthening it's weak points. I want it to be as light as possible while be as strong as possible. Strong for me is best lumens, construction, user friendliness.

UDT
2 August 2014, 07:24
Have you considered the Streamlight TLR series? The fairly new TLR-1 HL is a C4 LED with 630 Lumens, 4.18 oz., aluminum, works with their tape switch, and has a street price under $120 if you shop around. I've had good luck with Streamlight units.

I have this light and have had no problems with it. A good investment IMO.

mustangfreek
2 August 2014, 12:50
This thread, just reminds me , I need a light setup..

gatordev
2 August 2014, 13:24
Good call, because even if you went with the Inforce, you'd probably still wonder if you should have purchased the Surefire.

I've always been a fan of SF lights and have carried an E2D in my flight suit for years, but I started with an Inforce (Haley) light first. So, yeah, your post pretty much sums it up.

Looking forward to the days getting a little shorter (and cooler) so I can finally take a night course.

Cobalt
2 August 2014, 14:10
I've always been a fan of SF lights and have carried an E2D in my flight suit for years, but I started with an Inforce (Haley) light first. So, yeah, your post pretty much sums it up.

Looking forward to the days getting a little shorter (and cooler) so I can finally take a night course.

I'm just looking forward to winter. I am not a fan of summer at all. Plus I hope to take a night course to test the surefire.

Cobalt
2 August 2014, 14:10
This thread, just reminds me , I need a light setup..

lol, watching a few HSP videos on low light stuff reminded me that my current setup sucks.

TT9mm
2 September 2014, 08:27
I am wanting to go surefire on my AK and AR setup's but for the time being i think i am gonna go with Inforce. I have had plenty and still have plenty surefire products but i have not had the cash to put into any scout lights at the moment maybe around taxtime ill switch.

UWone77
2 September 2014, 22:53
I am wanting to go surefire on my AK and AR setup's but for the time being i think i am gonna go with Inforce. I have had plenty and still have plenty surefire products but i have not had the cash to put into any scout lights at the moment maybe around taxtime ill switch.

I still use Surefire lights for duty/hard use weapons. X300 and Scout Series (M300, M600) have been great.

With that being said, I haven't been disappointed with any of my INFORCE lights and would not hesitate to use one. For those not utilizing a white light on a defensive carbine... time to start looking at one!

TT9mm
2 September 2014, 23:07
I think I am going to run with the WMLx lights at the moment and stick with my surefires for Pocket carry

FortTom
3 September 2014, 08:35
I think I am going to run with the WMLx lights at the moment and stick with my surefires for Pocket carry

I have two of them, they are very light weight, and seem to be very solidly built. I've accididently banged them against things pretty hard with hardly a mark. However, I've never had a proper night class, concentrating on working with a light, so take this with a grain of salt.

FT