PDA

View Full Version : Good to have football back

Pages : [1] 2 3

GOST
3 August 2014, 19:15
It's good to have football back. Who's your team? Go Vols.

akersc
3 August 2014, 20:06
Alabama - Roll Tide!!!

GOST
4 August 2014, 01:59
Alabama - Roll Tide!!!
NOOOOOO!!![BD]

mustangfreek
4 August 2014, 02:08
Seahawks of course......Go Hawks!!

Computalotapus
4 August 2014, 04:28
Yay Alabama Crimson Tide look at all the losers on the other side! Roll Tide Roll!
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

GOST
4 August 2014, 19:20
How do you cheer for a team where they think that a tide is an elephant?[BD]

GOST
4 August 2014, 19:21
And if you get the job at Beretta one of the job requirements is that you can only be a fan of a team within the state.

GOST
4 August 2014, 19:26
You better hope Beretta doesn't find out your a Bama fan.

Computalotapus
4 August 2014, 19:26

Easy I grew up in T-town. My grandparents owned a restaurant on Univ. BLVD. Paul Bryant sitting a table talking it up with my grandfather.
Football is the heart and soul of the SEC...Friday night high school ball, Saturday night college ball, Sunday was for church and the family getting together to talk about Friday and Saturday nights games. No other conference will understand what it means to us...you know what I am talking about....every person from the SEC knows.

GOST
5 August 2014, 01:49
I used to live a Maxwell Air Force base in Montgomery, AL. My sister and dad are Tide fans. Funny thing is that neither UT or Bama won their state championship game last year.

2ATA
5 August 2014, 05:18

Roll tide!!

In case you aren't familiar with the Elephant Story:

The story of how Alabama became associated with the "elephant" goes back to the 1930 season when Coach Wallace Wade had assembled a great football team.

On October 8, 1930, sports writer Everett Strupper of the Atlanta Journal wrote a story of the Alabama-Mississippi game he had witnessed in Tuscaloosa four days earlier. Strupper wrote, "That Alabama team of 1930 is a typical Wade machine, powerful, big, tough, fast, aggressive, well-schooled in fundamentals, and the best blocking team for this early in the season that I have ever seen. When those big brutes hit you I mean you go down and stay down, often for an additional two minutes.

"Coach Wade started his second team that was plenty big and they went right to their knitting scoring a touchdown in the first quarter against one of the best fighting small lines that I have seen. For Ole Miss was truly battling the big boys for every inch of ground.

"At the end of the quarter, the earth started to tremble, there was a distant rumble that continued to grow. Some excited fan in the stands bellowed, 'Hold your horses, the elephants are coming,' and out stamped this Alabama varsity.

"It was the first time that I had seen it and the size of the entire eleven nearly knocked me cold, men that I had seen play last year looking like they had nearly doubled in size."

Strupper and other writers continued to refer to the Alabama linemen as "Red Elephants," the color referring to the crimson jerseys.

The 1930 team posted an overall 10-0 record. It shut out eight opponents and allowed only 13 points all season while scoring 217. The "Red Elephants" rolled over Washington State 24-0 in the Rose Bowl and were declared National Champions.

GOST
5 August 2014, 05:40
How did so many of you Bama fans end up in MI?

GOST
5 August 2014, 05:41
Where is the Auburn love?

Computalotapus
5 August 2014, 05:47
How did so many of you Bama fans end up in MI?

I am a transplant, not from Michigan haha I hate this state.... HATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride4frnt
5 August 2014, 06:53
Yeah... Roll Tide... And as far as the NFL, see my avatar, and if you can't see it just wait a month til Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are back out there collectively crushing skulls.

But to be clear, as long as the Orioles are in contention, it's baseball season til October.

UWone77
5 August 2014, 09:45
Yeah... Roll Tide... And as far as the NFL, see my avatar, and if you can't see it just wait a month til Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are back out there collectively crushing skulls.

But to be clear, as long as the Orioles are in contention, it's baseball season til October.

I cringe everytime I see Adam Jones in an Orioles Uniform. As bad as the Mariners have been in developing position players that can hit. We gave him away for basically nothing. I guess there isn't as much uproar about that trade since the Seattle front office has botched so many other trades.

Terrible!!!

OK, back to the Seahawks.

Ride4frnt
5 August 2014, 10:59
Comp and Mrs Comp have seen these, hand painted for backyard festivities.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/Misc/33450AA0-1264-4F5F-891A-AF1C2BC55B4F_zpsgntje5pc.jpg

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/Misc/C19E3E6A-640A-4635-93C0-62E508414898_zpsikwcgs8a.jpg

On the Adam Jones thing, yeah that sucked for the M's but it was one of the best moves the orioles ever made. That Austin Jackson move they made last week was a good deal though. I'm still a mariners fan at heart too. Actually took this Saturday at the O's-M's game.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/Baltimore/DCAFBBA6-C93E-4644-8FA3-2478B0BAF953_zpsil0deqnd.jpg

mustangfreek
7 August 2014, 14:12
Seahawks and denver on tonite...

GOST
7 August 2014, 15:28
Those are some nice corn holes.

Ride4frnt
7 August 2014, 15:39
http://i.imgur.com/jpBUlkO.gif

Ride4frnt
15 August 2014, 21:12
Russ was 11-13 with 121yds at half tonight. We are getting this again.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/blue94dc4/Firearms/rainier_zpsff4e5ed3.jpg

jjl103
16 August 2014, 14:42
Mississippi State Alum here... Hail STATE!

I prefer watching college sports. Not a big fan of professional. I guess its the fact that MS doesn't really have a "home team" I feel obligated to root for. I follow individuals more than I do pro teams.

UWone77
16 August 2014, 15:26
University of Washington Alum here... follow college football more than I do Professional. My Huskies have had some up and down years the last decade including what 9 or 10 straight losses to Oregon and Arizona State. Hoping the Chris Petersen years improve upon that snake Sarkisian leaving town Bobby Petrino Style.

GOST
25 August 2014, 14:48
Titan fans are excited to have Bishop Sankey.

UWone77
25 August 2014, 15:17
Titan fans are excited to have Bishop Sankey.

Always a Sankey fan. Humble guy and a workhorse. Looks like he's not running very hard, but seems like he's always averaging 5+ yards per carry. Haven't followed the Titans in preseason, but how's he been doing? How's Locker doing? I thought he'd be a star by now. Can't shake that injury bug.

GOST
25 August 2014, 15:33
Both Sankey and Locker have looked good this preseason. Crossing my fingers for Locker this season.

Ride4frnt
30 August 2014, 07:36
It's kickoff day folks! ROLL DAMN TIDE!

jim.bell
30 August 2014, 08:09
Hail State!

akersc
30 August 2014, 12:29
It's kickoff day folks! ROLL DAMN TIDE!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinBLC
30 August 2014, 12:42
Theres probably nothing else to do in Alabama other than to watch Tide Football

akersc
30 August 2014, 15:52
Theres probably nothing else to do in Alabama other than to watch Tide Football

There's actually quite a bit to do in Alabama, they just love and live football.

UWone77
30 August 2014, 15:54
There's actually quite a bit to do in Alabama, they just love and live football.

Does it involve a banjo and a harmonica? [:D]

I keeeed I keeeed...

Don't hurt me C!

akersc
30 August 2014, 15:55
Does it involve a banjo and a harmonica? [:D]

I keeeed I keeeed...

Don't hurt me C!

I may kick you! 😝

Bimmer425
31 August 2014, 08:05
GEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUX Tigers!!!!!!!!!

tlw613sp
31 August 2014, 13:04
Hail STATE! Mississippi State alumni here. Hopefully we have a good season this year.
Not a big fan of professional ball.

GOST
31 August 2014, 18:53
Who's your for the championship? I'm gonna pick Oregon, I don't think the SEC is as strong this year. Georgia may be the beast from the east.

UWone77
31 August 2014, 19:02
Who's your for the championship? I'm gonna pick Oregon, I don't think the SEC is as strong this year. Georgia may be the beast from the east.

I think right now everything is just a big guess. Since there is no pre-season, it's hard to gauge how the young people will perform until a few games in. If I had to bet money now, I think my top 4 in no particular order:

Alabama
Georgia
Florida St
Oregon

I hate hate hate the Ducks, so I'm hoping someone knocks them off a few times and they have a below average season (in Oregon terms)

jim.bell
31 August 2014, 19:33
Never expected three State fans. You find Alabama fans all over the place...

Computalotapus
31 August 2014, 20:13
Never expected three State fans. You find Alabama fans all over the place...

I grew up in Tuscaloosa, my grandparents owned a restaurant on University Blvd. and as I kid I remember the Bear coming in eating oysters on the half shell and talking with my grand father. There is a lot of bandwagon people that follow the team that is on top. But man I remember the bad times. I remember running that campus as a kid on my skateboard and bike. I know my kids will probably go to other schools other than Bama and I will support them no matter what, but I can not bring myself to wear another schools logo at all I would feel dirty.

There is a lot of talent in college ball. Due to the top ranked teams being so deep in talent you have a ton of talent going to play for other schools so they can get play time instead of riding a bench waiting for 1st string to graduate so they can play. I always keep an eye on the SEC. Bama looked ok opening day and I think we will have an OK season don't know yet if it will be a championship season. I like to follow the all the conferences just so I know what to expect if Bama does go all the way. I hold off saying anything till week 6 just to see how the teams come together. I think Mizzu looked good last year and if they recruited decently and had a good off season I see them as a threat in the SEC this year. Glad to see Tenn has a fire under them and LSU made an awesome comeback. SC got the snot spanked out of them.

All in all I think there will be some upsets this year and I think the playoff should have taken the top 8 :)

UWone77
31 August 2014, 20:18
I think the playoff should have taken the top 8 :)

This.

It should be the top 8. That way no one can complain that the schools from the non-Super Conferences didn't get an invite. If they want to argue too many games, get rid of all the extra non-conference games, or the conference championships. They mean a lot less now that there is somewhat of a playoff system. Or even go top 8, 1&2 get byes in the first round.

jim.bell
1 September 2014, 05:18
I grew up in Tuscaloosa, my grandparents owned a restaurant on University Blvd. and as I kid I remember the Bear coming in eIating oysters on the half shell and talking with my grand father. There is a lot of bandwagon people that follow the team that is on top. But man I remember the bad times. I remember running that campus as a kid on my skateboard and bike.

Coincidentally, I was born in Anniston, and grew up in South Arkansas not too far from Fordyce. I could legitimately call myself a Bama fan.

GOST
1 September 2014, 09:08
I lived at Maxwell in Montgomery, AL and still don't like Bama.[:D]

UWone77
1 September 2014, 09:25
Alabama seems to be the New York Yankees of College Football.

Huge following, and a huge following of people that want to see them fail.

Ride4frnt
4 September 2014, 16:10
It's Blue Thursday guys! Ready for some seahawks football! My orioles are solidly in first place now I get to watch some football!

UWone77
4 September 2014, 17:27
Go Hawks! Let's start this 2014 Season.

GOST
4 September 2014, 18:40
I'm a big M Lynch fan, but R Cobb is a local boy.

GOST
4 September 2014, 18:45
Looks like we have beast mode before half time.

Ride4frnt
4 September 2014, 19:21
http://boston.barstoolsports.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2014/05/Screen-Shot-2014-05-22-at-3.27.01-PM.png

mustangfreek
5 September 2014, 03:58
If we can keep most of our players healthy , seattle will be hard to beat this year

GOST
5 September 2014, 08:22
Don't know if Green Bay's defense was that bad or if Seattle's offense is that much better than last year. Either way it looks like Lynch and Harvin are gonna be a pain in the rear deal with this year.

UWone77
6 September 2014, 14:52
Good Freaking Lord.... The Washington Huskies never fail to piss me off.

Finally get a stop on 3rd down and then you allow a 15 yard unsportsman like conduct penalty?! Leading to another touchdown?!

So far allows 6 passing TD's on a FCS Team. FML.

UWone77
7 September 2014, 14:09
I knew the Cowboys were going to be bad... but not this bad.

FortTom
7 September 2014, 14:13
I knew the Cowboys were going to be bad... but not this bad.

Ha..ha..ha..ha.. my little old lady mother is a Cowboys fan too....

In other news: Bengals give Ravens Butt Hurt today......[:D]

UWone77
7 September 2014, 14:40
Ha..ha..ha..ha.. my little old lady mother is a Cowboys fan too....

In other news: Bengals give Ravens Butt Hurt today......[:D]

NOT a Cowboys fan.

Just a fan of anyone playing the 9ers.

GOST
7 September 2014, 18:26
The Broncos and Seahawks look like they're ready to make a date.

FortTom
7 September 2014, 18:40
The Broncos and Seahawks look like they're ready to make a date.
Re-match.... want to make predictions?

GOST
8 September 2014, 01:40
Maybe after they play in 2 weeks.

Ride4frnt
8 September 2014, 11:51
Ravens cut Ray Rice, as they should've done in February.

GOST
8 September 2014, 15:46
Have you watched the video yet?

Ride4frnt
8 September 2014, 16:15
I saw the original in February and he should've been fired then. The new video from today is further proof of that.

FortTom
8 September 2014, 16:46
I saw the original in February and he should've been fired then. The new video from today is further proof of that.
I bet you one thing. NO THIS IS NOT JUSTIFICATION FOR HIM KNOCKING HER OUT.....but she hit him first, 2 times. I bet she thinks long and hard before she balls up a fist and hits anyone else. AGAIN BEFORE THE HATE MAIL STARTS, THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR WHAT RICE DID... just sayin'....

FT

Ride4frnt
8 September 2014, 18:43
Anyone play fantasy? I'm not one that can devote myself to a whole season. I may try this this weekend though. It's $2 to get in, 57k participants $100k total prize to the top 11.5k finishers. Probably won't win a fortune but better than 1-5 odds of breaking even.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/1231052

GOST
8 September 2014, 19:05
I play in a couple of work leagues. All my teams have Seahawks D and P Manning.

UWone77
12 September 2014, 13:33
I play in a couple of work leagues. All my teams have Seahawks D and P Manning.

Is that even fair?

I'm not playing in a traditional league this year.

Just in a pool of picking all the games throughout the year. Best record straight up wins the pool.

GOST
15 September 2014, 18:50
What happen to Seattle yesterday? Cardinals in first place now.

GOST
19 September 2014, 08:14
Atlanta looked awesome last night.

UWone77
19 September 2014, 12:27
What happen to Seattle yesterday? Cardinals in first place now.

The Seahawks have been having trouble with 3rd down. I noticed it during stretches during the Packers game. I think they needed that loss. It reminded them that they need to take this season seriously if they want to go back to the Super Bowl. I think they've been running their mouths too much during the off-season.

Having said that, Earl Thomas had his press conference earlier this week, alluded to the fact, he's got the fire again after the loss. He should... he hasn't been relevant on defense so far in the first 2 games.

I still think the Hawks will go 12-4/13-3 this season.

Ride4frnt
19 September 2014, 12:38
The Seahawks have been having trouble with 3rd down. I noticed it during stretches during the Packers game. I think they needed that loss. It reminded them that they need to take this season seriously if they want to go back to the Super Bowl. I think they've been running their mouths too much during the off-season.

Having said that, Earl Thomas had his press conference earlier this week, alluded to the fact, he's got the fire again after the loss. He should... he hasn't been relevant on defense so far in the first 2 games.

I still think the Hawks will go 12-4/13-3 this season.

Wishful thinking, but skip bayless predicted 15-1 with a loss in week 2 to the chargers. He's 2 for 2 so far. I'm not worried. Niners lost, we have 2 games to take care of the cardinals.

GOST
19 September 2014, 12:40
If they lose this week and the Cardinals win, nobody would have expected the Cardinals to have an early 2 game lead.

DutyUse
19 September 2014, 13:04
Sigh.. Bengals fan. Let the laughing commence

Ride4frnt
19 September 2014, 13:36
Sigh.. Bengals fan. Let the laughing commence

I won't laugh. Girlfriends dad is a browns fan. That's a laughable offense (no football pun intended)

UWone77
19 September 2014, 13:40
I won't laugh. Girlfriends dad is a browns fan. That's a laughable offense (no football pun intended)

I sympathize with Cleveland Fans.

1. My Wife is a Browns Fan
2. Cleveland Sports mirrors Seattle Sports before the Hawks won it last year.

Computalotapus
19 September 2014, 13:40
The NFL team that I consider myself a fan of is sad sad sad.... Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Hey least my college team doesn't suck haha. Roll Tide!

DutyUse
19 September 2014, 13:42
Football my teams Normally disappoint me. Kentucky football is just as bad. But Kentucky basketball is the best in the country so it makes up for it :D

FortTom
19 September 2014, 14:43

Uh... Bengals give Falcons butt hurt with feet. 2 - 0. Titans will make Cincy 3 - 0, more butt hurt to come for Titans.[:D][:D]

DutyUse
19 September 2014, 14:54
Uh... Bengals give Falcons butt hurt with feet. 2 - 0. Titans will make Cincy 3 - 0, more butt hurt to come for Titans.[:D][:D]

They often start hot, wait till mid season for the disappoint to start crashing

GOST
20 September 2014, 04:00
Hard to believe they gave Dalton that much money.

VIPER 237
20 September 2014, 12:43
The NFL team that I consider myself a fan of is sad sad sad.... Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Hey least my college team doesn't suck haha. Roll Tide!

Im a Silver and Black fan through and through, so I can related. I thought we'd at least be competitive this year but our offence is abysmal at best. Game 1 against the Jets Oakland's O didn't reach 100 yards until the 4th Quarter... and the punter had punted for over 400 yards. You just can't win games like that. The defense is better than the number show, but when you are on the field for 45 mins a game the fatigue sets in pretty damn hard.

But hey if you are a Tom Brady fan he'll throw for 500 yards and 7 touchdowns this week against the Raiders!

UWone77
20 September 2014, 21:40
I almost had a heart attack watching the Washington Huskies down 14-0 at Halftime to Georgia State. 45 unanswered in the second half... unfreakingbelieveable for this program.

FortTom
20 September 2014, 22:18
They often start hot, wait till mid season for the disappoint to start crashing
Yes, sadly it seems to go that way every year.

DutyUse
20 September 2014, 22:27
Hard to believe they gave Dalton that much money.

It seems to be paying off so far. I agree 96 million + signing bonus is mind boggling. If the offense line stays healthy we might be a contender.

UWone77
21 September 2014, 12:53
Alright Seahawks... let's do this!!!

FortTom
21 September 2014, 14:21
Bengals give Titans "butt hurt" with foot, now 3-0. Stay tuned, doubters.

mustangfreek
21 September 2014, 15:05
Alright Seahawks... let's do this!!!

Well there looking good going into halftime, up 17-3...Now if we can just keep it up..

Eric
21 September 2014, 17:31
That was a close one! Seahawks by a TD in OT.

DutyUse
21 September 2014, 19:36
Bengals give Titans "butt hurt" with foot, now 3-0. Stay tuned, doubters.

If they keep playing like that I'll be the first to gladly eat my words! :D

VIPER 237
21 September 2014, 19:46
That was a close one! Seahawks by a TD in OT.

That was a very intense game. I have to hand it to Denver though as much as I hate to, they came back and almost won. I'm just glad Seattle could beat them again, I don't know if I could handle the broncos fans around here if they'd lost.

UWone77
21 September 2014, 20:01
That was a very intense game. I have to hand it to Denver though as much as I hate to, they came back and almost won. I'm just glad Seattle could beat them again, I don't know if I could handle the broncos fans around here if they'd lost.

The play calling in the 2nd half for the hawks was just bizarre. Instead of going in for the kill as they did last year, they played not to lose. We always know how playing not to lose works out. This led to the safety, and ultimately the Broncos getting back into the game.

The D played well, but the LOB essentially allowed the last touchdown in 42 seconds. You can't have that on a championship run.

VIPER 237
21 September 2014, 20:16
The play calling in the 2nd half for the hawks was just bizarre. Instead of going in for the kill as they did last year, they played not to lose. We always know how playing not to lose works out. This led to the safety, and ultimately the Broncos getting back into the game.

The D played well, but the LOB essentially allowed the last touchdown in 42 seconds. You can't have that on a championship run.

I agree, the seahawks playcalling sucked, and yet the bronco's was exceptional, luckily SEA got the ball first in OT. I hate it when teams play not to lose. The last possession when Seattle had the ball in the red zone they should've gone for the kill.

GOST
22 September 2014, 14:00
Thought Washington St was going to pull it off.

GOST
29 September 2014, 01:49
The Saints are awful.

Computalotapus
29 September 2014, 04:20
The Saints are awful.

True

SINNER
29 September 2014, 09:20
Go Ravens!!![:D][:D]

Ride4frnt
29 September 2014, 14:21
Go Ravens!!![:D][:D]

Not a ravens fan, but it's good to see more MD guys on here.

SINNER
29 September 2014, 15:07
Go O's!!?[:D][:D]

I was surprised how many MD members I noticed on here in a few threads. AA county here. Spend most free time on the Eastern shore.

Ride4frnt
29 September 2014, 15:09
Go O's!!?[:D][:D]

I was surprised how many MD members I noticed on here in a few threads. AA county here. Spend most free time on the Eastern shore.

O's definitely. Going to the game on Friday. I'm in washington county out here in the mountains.

GOST
9 October 2014, 20:17
This Thursday night game between the Colts and Texans is great.

GOST
12 October 2014, 16:37
Cowboys?

UWone77
12 October 2014, 16:38
I don't want to hear any bitching about the officiating. The Hawks were flat out dominated. They got away from the run early, couldn't stop anyone on 3rd down, and 3rd and 20 conversion just iced it.

That's twice this year Wilson has had the ball with a chance to win the game late in the 4th and he couldn't move the ball. So far this isn't a Super Bowl type team.

VIPER 237
12 October 2014, 17:11
For the first time all year the Raiders actually looked competitive and were in position to beat IMO the best team right now. Its still a loss but at least there's some fire and desire.

GOST
12 October 2014, 17:18
The 2 young QB's Bortles and Carr both looked great today.

GOST
12 October 2014, 17:21
Wonder if Sherman thinks Bryant is mediocre?

DutyUse
12 October 2014, 17:47
Anyone else see the Bengals/Panthers game and think the NFL needs to change the way OT is handled to avoid ties?

xAZxE30x
14 October 2014, 21:20
Anyone else see the Bengals/Panthers game and think the NFL needs to change the way OT is handled to avoid ties?

I don't like the new ways :/. I don't know what they should do but maybe something more like College. College OT is exciting!

Oh, go Broncos!!

GOST
15 October 2014, 01:51
Saw that in a new poll that the Cowboys are no longer America's team, it is now the Broncos.

xAZxE30x
15 October 2014, 19:53
Saw that in a new poll that the Cowboys are no longer America's team, it is now the Broncos.

Yep! I don't like the attention though. Everyone I meet now is a damn Broncos fan. Give it until Manning is gone and we will drop back down.

Aren't the cowboys like 4th or 5th favorite team now?

VIPER 237
15 October 2014, 20:17

Kill me now, broncos fans are the worst bandwagon fans of them all.

xAZxE30x
15 October 2014, 20:38
Kill me now, broncos fans are the worst bandwagon fans of them all.

I think the worst are Seahawks fans! and not because the beat us, they are everywhere and so damn annoying!! Just like the Cardinals fans here in AZ, they come and go as the record goes up and down

GOST
16 October 2014, 01:18
Yep! I don't like the attention though. Everyone I meet now is a damn Broncos fan. Give it until Manning is gone and we will drop back down.

Aren't the cowboys like 4th or 5th favorite team now?

It's weird considering that this is the best they have been years.

GOST
16 October 2014, 01:20
I'm starting to turn into a Blake Bortles fan after what little I've seen of him this year, the man is fearless.

xAZxE30x
16 October 2014, 09:35
It's weird considering that this is the best they have been years.

Very weird! It will be interesting to see how they finish up. Most don't have them pegged for getting past 1st playoff game

GOST
16 October 2014, 18:46
The Cowboys looked absolutely awful in their first game.

harm
16 October 2014, 18:53
I think the worst are Seahawks fans! and not because the beat us, they are everywhere and so damn annoying!! Just like the Cardinals fans here in AZ, they come and go as the record goes up and down
I'm an Arizona native & NOT a Cards fan. But this ebb & flow is annoying.

Seahawks & Broncos bandwagon fans are mindlessly aggravating.

GOST
19 October 2014, 13:25
Looks like that Harvin trade is working out for Seattle.

mustangfreek
19 October 2014, 13:45
Looks like that Harvin trade is working out for Seattle.

Shutup...lol...[:D]

Seahawks..well...look like crap right now and are missing a bunch of guys right now..but looked slow until the 4th quarter which was too late...

ddearmon2010
19 October 2014, 14:30
crap the Jaguars won today.... that sucks

UWone77
19 October 2014, 14:33

Dude, I mean this in the nicest way, Go F yourself. Most of my friends have been fans since the early 80's The Kingdome was sold out even during the lean years. We watched garbage football for an entire decade during the 90's.

six8
19 October 2014, 15:41
Dude, I mean this in the nicest way, Go F yourself. Most of my friends have been fans since the early 80's The Kingdome was sold out even during the lean years. We watched garbage football for an entire decade during the 90's.

Lmao

xAZxE30x
19 October 2014, 16:20

Haha :) no offense taken! I am not talking about die hard fans. One of best friends is from there and been a fan since he was born.

I just hate the "new" fans, only becuase they won, fans.

Same goes for the Broncos!! You know many fans we have just because of manning?? Can't wait to see who sticks around once he is gone. Or even worse, the Tebow fans we had during that time. Yikes!!

UWone77
19 October 2014, 16:26
Haha :) no offense taken! I am not talking about die hard fans. One of best friends is from there and been a fan since he was born.

I just hate the "new" fans, only becuase they won, fans.

Same goes for the Broncos!! You know many fans we have just because of manning?? Can't wait to see who sticks around once he is gone. Or even worse, the Tebow fans we had during that time. Yikes!!

I know what you mean, hence the "nicest way" [:D]

I get annoyed with the bandwagon fans too. Bitching and Moaning every week why the Hawks can't go 16-0. They also talk the most trash every week, so it gets annoying for everyone. I just hate how a lot of people outside Seattle label all Hawk fans bandwagon fans.

We have some big holes this year, the ball isn't bouncing our way either. They need to get it together and regroup. If any team can go on a 8 or 9 win run, they can.

xAZxE30x
19 October 2014, 19:11
I know what you mean, hence the "nicest way" [:D]

I get annoyed with the bandwagon fans too. Bitching and Moaning every week why the Hawks can't go 16-0. They also talk the most trash every week, so it gets annoying for everyone. I just hate how a lot of people outside Seattle label all Hawk fans bandwagon fans.

We have some big holes this year, the ball isn't bouncing our way either. They need to get it together and regroup. If any team can go on a 8 or 9 win run, they can.

Yeah it is not fair to label all fans as bandwagon.. you can tell the true fans usually pretty quickly though. That's funny you mention the trash talkers being the biggest of them all!! That statement is so true.

I think they will bounce back just fine.. they just need to get back to doing what they do best. And the punter needs to direct the punting team better than that ;)

SINNER
19 October 2014, 20:05
Are there any Seahawks fans in Seattle? lol I spent some time out there and it seems like very few football fans in general. All the locals on a job I ran seemed to hate football. Not even mentioning the 50% of the city that were hippy transplants. LOL More dirty ass beggars than I have ever see and I am from Baltimore.

xAZxE30x
19 October 2014, 21:34
Are there any Seahawks fans in Seattle? lol I spent some time out there and it seems like very few football fans in general. All the locals on a job I ran seemed to hate football. Not even mentioning the 50% of the city that were hippy transplants. LOL More dirty ass beggars than I have ever see and I am from Baltimore.

Did you go during football season?

Sports is a pretty big deal there. Especially with the newish Sounders! Oh.. Bring back the Sonics!!

Broncos played a great game tonight! Ready to go back and take it down this time. Need to scrounge some ticket money together...

GOST
23 October 2014, 20:30
Have you seen that jacket John Elway is wearing tonight?

xAZxE30x
24 October 2014, 10:31
Have you seen that jacket John Elway is wearing tonight?

I missed what he was wearing. i was watching but cant seem to remember what the hell he was wearing.

woohoo! I hope we continue to play like this. although, we need to play more like we did against the 49ers. We seem to shut down a little and let teams creep back up. Need to lay the hammer down constantly!!

GOST
24 October 2014, 20:47
Seahawks owner Paul Allen donates $100,000,000 to fight Ebola, VERY COOL!!!

GOST
24 October 2014, 21:24
I'm trying so hard not to like the Seahawks but this is pretty cool.

xAZxE30x
24 October 2014, 21:41
Yeah pretty cool for sure. So crazy how much money you have to have to be able to give away a cool 100 mil. I couldn't even imagine that much money. I love how fb owner did 25m, the gates up'd him at 50m and then this dude shits on them both haha

GOST
25 October 2014, 21:00
UW you watching this Washington vs Arizona ST game?

UWone77
25 October 2014, 21:38
UW you watching this Washington vs Arizona ST game?

Watch? You mean technical difficulties? It's almost as painful as watching them try to move the ball.

xAZxE30x
25 October 2014, 22:14
Damn. 63yarder. Sheesh!

VIPER 237
25 October 2014, 22:38
Utah comes from behind and beats USC!

Computalotapus
26 October 2014, 03:47
Anyone watch TCU put up 80+ points against Texas Tech?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

GOST
26 October 2014, 05:47
I saw some of that TCU game, pretty wild. The Heisman has to be between Boykin, Prescott and Mariota.

GOST
26 October 2014, 05:49
The AL vs UT game was nothing but a reminder of how far UT has to go. The 1st quarter was absolutely brutal.

Computalotapus
26 October 2014, 07:39
The AL vs UT game was nothing but a reminder of how far UT has to go. The 1st quarter was absolutely brutal.

I thought the first quarter was awesome haha

GOST
26 October 2014, 07:47
I hate you, well not really. GO VOLS!

Ride4frnt
26 October 2014, 08:28
I thought the first quarter was awesome haha

Yup. I turned it off at 20-0

GOST
26 October 2014, 12:57
Tom Brady on fire today.

GOST
26 October 2014, 12:59
Seattle squeaked by Carolina, reports are saying that this is Lynch's last season in Seattle.

VIPER 237
26 October 2014, 13:17
Tom Brady on fire today.

He looks amazing today. I can't wait to see him light up Denver next week.

GOST
26 October 2014, 13:21
Brady vs Manning is ways fun.

UWone77
26 October 2014, 13:26
Seattle squeaked by Carolina, reports are saying that this is Lynch's last season in Seattle.

Pretty much been the same news since last season started.

xAZxE30x
26 October 2014, 14:07
He looks amazing today. I can't wait to see him light up Denver next week.

Pshhh.. He is gonna be on the ground most the game, crying just like Rivers!!

He did play well today. But against the Bears.. That's not saying much lately. Gronk had a nice hat trick

xAZxE30x
26 October 2014, 14:08
Pretty much been the same news since last season started.

Any talk of where he may go?

GOST
26 October 2014, 14:30
Nope.

GOST
26 October 2014, 14:31
Roethlisberger is lighting up the Colts.

xAZxE30x
26 October 2014, 14:54
Roethlisberger is lighting up the Colts.

Didn't see that coming!

I loved all the pre trade deadline talk last week. Lol ESPN had mentioned Brady going somewhere else haha what a joke

mustangfreek
26 October 2014, 14:56
Seattle squeaked by Carolina.

They did ...barely.....So many out hurt..and just not playing well..

WHSmithIV
26 October 2014, 16:53
Friends, just so you know, I haven't commented in this thread until now for one simple reason. I haven't read the thread either at all.

The reason - my wife and I don't even have a television so I can't watch a game.

Please understand that I I have not commented here out of any disrespect for you all or for any lack of actually really liking sports. I was President of a Finnish sports club for over 400 kids , me eldest son was an Ice hockey goalie, my daughter was a figure skater and my youngest son was a handball player and later became a referee also for younger teams.

Simply it is so that we don't have a TV.

So, I can not watch football games or even the World Series of baseball. I can't watch Nascar races either that I love. My understanding is that is 'may' be possible if I put an antenna on the roof to get 3 channels. No guarantee though in this valley in the mountains. So, my wife and I make use of the computers for news.

Are there some things I miss being able to relax and watch? Certainly. However, I can happily relax and read a book too.

I won't be commenting here again simply because I know nothing about which players play for which teams in which leagues. I'd be hard pressed these days to even name all the NFL teams.

GOST
2 November 2014, 10:31
Now that the giveaway is on vacation it's back to football season.

Ride4frnt
2 November 2014, 10:37
Now that the giveaway is on vacation it's back to football season.

Let's not forget the seahawks-raiders parallax GAW.

GOST
2 November 2014, 12:05
Sshhh... Everyone doesn't need to know about that.

VIPER 237
2 November 2014, 15:43
Denver is getting killed by Brady and the Patriots.

xAZxE30x
2 November 2014, 15:48
Yepp.. Sucks. Oh well, it happens.

We will see them again soon!!

GOST
3 November 2014, 01:56
Patriots look to have their rear in gear now.

VIPER 237
3 November 2014, 08:02
Pittsburgh is looking very good as well. Big Ben is on fire.

titanse05
3 November 2014, 08:48
As a Steelers fan, I can't believe what I have seen the last 3 weeks. Ben has just been nearly perfect and they have shown explosiveness I've never seen from them. Goes to show you how much better a QB can be with a good offensive line and playmakers. Fun to watch a complete team effort. Hope they can keep the momentum going against two weak opponents these next two weeks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

GOST
3 November 2014, 16:02
All started when Martavis Bryant entered the lineup for the Steelers.

VIPER 237
3 November 2014, 17:24
Yeah he's done wonders for their offense. I think the steelers receivers are as good as denvers group if not faster.

GOST
3 November 2014, 17:38
They're definitely faster, Brown is a beast.

titanse05
4 November 2014, 05:57
All started when Martavis Bryant entered the lineup for the Steelers.Indeed. Getting him in the lineup also lit a fire under Marcus Wheaton. They are both running nice routes, making plays and getting better each week.

As far as Brown goes, he makes things happen on the field week in and week out. I swear he makes a highlight reel catch every week. He knows how to run routes, and doesn't quit on plays. He is probably the hardest working guy on the field and wants to be the best and right now he is.

It's amazing what a difference 3 weeks makes. Prior to the Texans Monday night game I was ready to stop watching and now they have made it exciting to watch. Which as a fan is all you can really ask for.

VIPER 237
4 November 2014, 08:55
I see GOST is now the candy and pickles expert

GOST
4 November 2014, 14:37
Now I'm gonna have to get a pickle Cerakoted on a rifle.

GOST
5 November 2014, 16:08
Ryan Mallet has just been named the starter for the Texans.

UWone77
16 November 2014, 14:09
Huskies gave away their game on Saturday. You can't take 3 freaking knees to end the game!!! :mad:

Seahawks forget to show up on defense and 4th downs today. At this point I don't see how they can give Wilson 18-20 million per, but cut Beast Mode. He's been so mediocre.

This sucks. Football season is too hard on my blood pressure.

GOST
16 November 2014, 14:12
Not a Wison fan, but love Lynch.

Computalotapus
16 November 2014, 14:56
The Tide is Roll'n in just 2 more weeks to make it through the regular season.

VIPER 237
16 November 2014, 16:24
Ugh 0-10...

But on the plus side that Ram's Defense shut down Denver. Also I don't think there is a better QB than Rogers, he is phenomenal.

GOST
16 November 2014, 16:39
Second Rodgers being the best, with Luck being a close second. UW you missing Percy yet?

UWone77
23 November 2014, 10:55
Second Rodgers being the best, with Luck being a close second. UW you missing Percy yet?

Never was a Percy fan, did not care for him all the way back to when he was a Gator. He's not doing much for the Jets now either. Not that the Jets are going anywhere.

Seahawks must win game today!

Go Hawks...

Gave up on all my fantasy football, elimination pools. Who has time for this stuff!

Ride4frnt
23 November 2014, 11:44
Never was a Percy fan, did not care for him all the way back to when he was a Gator. He's not doing much for the Jets now either. Not that the Jets are going anywhere.

Seahawks must win game today!

Go Hawks...

Gave up on all my fantasy football, elimination pools. Who has time for this stuff!

Richard Sherman on offense today.

mustangfreek
24 November 2014, 01:26
Hawks got it done...Now a short week to start a hard rest of the schedule, SF x2, eagles, Arizona again and St louis, to end it...

GOST
24 November 2014, 01:35
Their remaining schedule looks rough.

UWone77
27 November 2014, 21:40
Had a great dinner, spent lots of time with the family... and the Seahawks stomped the 49'ers on their home field. In fact, NBC served up dinner to Russell and Sherman on the 49'ers logo.

The owner also called out his own team on Twitter.

Great day and the 49'ers imploding, best Thanksgiving Ever.

GOST
28 November 2014, 13:45
Saw where the GM's daughter told Roman to leave on twitter.

GOST
29 November 2014, 17:45
UW are the Cougars gonna beat the Huskies?

UWone77
29 November 2014, 17:46
UW are the Cougars gonna beat the Huskies?

When they play in the Palouse, you never know. They gave away an 18 point lead in the 4th quarter the last time they were there. I can only hope for the best.

GOST
29 November 2014, 18:06
GO COUGARS!!!!

And all you young guys watch out.

UWone77
30 November 2014, 18:12
GO COUGARS!!!!

And all you young guys watch out.

Kiss my ass GOST [:D]

Another mediocre season for the DAWGS. Beat up on the low end PAC 12 teams, get stomped on by the upper tier ones. Should have won the Arizona Game, and been 9-4, going to a decent bowl instead of a bottom feeder one.

VIPER 237
30 November 2014, 18:21
The Pac-12 was a strong conference from top to bottom.

Computalotapus
30 November 2014, 18:35
The Pac-12 was a strong conference from top to bottom.

Keyword is "was"

2ATA
1 December 2014, 05:14
ROLL TIDE!!!

GOST
1 December 2014, 05:28
How many Bama fans are there up in MI? Did you guys get lost on your way back to Tuscaloosa?[BD]

2ATA
2 December 2014, 05:25
I'm just an odd ball. I've been a Bama fan for more then 30 years. Used to be tough back then. Games weren't televised up here on the fancy 13" black and white TV.

Computalotapus
2 December 2014, 05:37
How many Bama fans are there up in MI? Did you guys get lost on your way back to Tuscaloosa?[BD]

I didn't realize there are so many. I grew up in Tuscaloosa. I ran the campus as a kid, been chased by a lot of campus police for skateboarding all over that campus. I am not lost I am just up here working trying to support my family. If I can find a decent job in Bama we are going back.

GOST
2 December 2014, 05:41
Another ex-skateboarder, me too. The Noveske logo looking like Independents was one of the reasons I first checked them out. Just giving you Bama fans a hard time cause my Vols suck.

GOST
2 December 2014, 11:00
Big game this week is Eagles vs Seahawks, which bird takes it?

mustangfreek
2 December 2014, 15:24
Big game this week is Eagles vs Seahawks, which bird takes it?

Not even a question pickle man....Hawks!!

Seahawks are on a roll...just beat arizona, and SF then play eagles, then sf again and then cards again..lol...the toughest division imo..

GOST
2 December 2014, 15:32
Sounds like they'll be worn out by the playoffs. I'm a big Lynch fan, maybe he'll carry Russell a little while longer.

xAZxE30x
2 December 2014, 23:07
My Broncos seem to finally be pulling it together.. finally getting a good run game going. I think we need to not sign Julius and keep Virgil Green in the game. Julius is a great TE but they look so much better with Green blocking. Now just need SD to beat the pats and the Broncos win out and they wont have to play in NE lol

Anyone watch the ASU vs AZ game? I am a big ASU fan and was severely let down by their play and coaching. I think they should not have let Kelly take back the starting spot after he came back from injury. He buckles the very second he feels the rush and its so pathetic!

GOST
6 December 2014, 19:24
Put in your predictions College Football Playoffs. Here's mine:

1. Oregon
2. Bama
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State

I'm going with Oregon winning it all, but it'll probably be Bama.

Computalotapus
6 December 2014, 19:40
Put in your predictions College Football Playoffs. Here's mine:

1. Oregon
2. Bama
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State

I'm going with Oregon winning it all, but it'll probably be Bama.

hahahahahaha you make me laugh. Granted the Ducks have a good offense but is a good offense that has never faced an SEC defense. Any of the top 5 SEC teams would beat the ducks. So with that here are my predictions:

1. Bama
2. Florida State
3. Oregon
4 Ohio State

In all honesty if Ohio State would have had their QB I would have them at 2nd place with Florida State 3rd and Oregon 4th.

GOST
6 December 2014, 19:42
If it weren't for Lane Kiffin I'd root Bama on.

GOST
6 December 2014, 19:44
Still hoping that GT will put Florida State away.

xAZxE30x
6 December 2014, 21:16
I was so happy the Ducks killed Arizona. I don't like Oregon but I was so happy

GOST
6 December 2014, 21:26
I'll be surprised if the 4 teams are not Florida State, Bama, Oregon and Ohio State.

GOST
6 December 2014, 21:26
It's a shame that both TCU and Baylor may not make the final 4.

ducrider14
6 December 2014, 21:29
I've been an Oregon fan for 25 years, I remember when we could go to games for $8 all the time, plus I'm only an hour away from the university and Steve prefontaine was my uncles uncle

mustangfreek
7 December 2014, 02:01
Go hawks !!!

That is all...sorry eagle fans...lol..

GOST
8 December 2014, 19:50
Seattle's defense finally looks healthy. My fantasy football team thanks them.

mustangfreek
10 December 2014, 00:30
Seattle's defense finally looks healthy. My fantasy football team thanks them.

They do...Damn impressive what they have done to the last few teams , if we can stay healthyi have a feeling they keep it up..And end up division champs again...

This weekend will be the third time we have played SF this year, and after them getting railed by oakland last week it will be interesting to see if they come out fighting or just lay over, as their playoff hopes are about done..

GOST
10 December 2014, 04:08
Definitely will be interesting to see which Frisco team shows up.

GOST
12 December 2014, 03:57
After watching last night's game it would be scary to see what the Cardinals would look like with a QB.

mustangfreek
12 December 2014, 04:13
After watching last night's game it would be scary to see what the Cardinals would look like with a QB.

Haha...ya and they lost the other last nite it sounds like...

I see no problem for the hawks..at the moment there clicking very well.....

CK 187
12 December 2014, 05:04
Born and raised in Wisconsin, now living in NC

I'll be green and gold till the end, but honestly I would much rather enjoy a Badger's game at Camp Randall anyday

http://cheeseheadsdoc.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/bucky.jpg?w=493

GOST
12 December 2014, 05:18
Who you think will be Wisconsin's new coach?

CK 187
12 December 2014, 05:56

Not sure yet. Barry is a tough one to work for. It's either "GO ALONG, OR GET ALONG" under him. Bielema had the advantage of working under Barry before becoming coach. Anderson did not, and his new style approach didn't sit well with Barry.

I wish this had happened earlier or somebody had a glimpse, because I would have loved to see Lance Leipold from UW Whitewater get a chance and a D1 school. He's gone to U of Buffalo already though

GOST
12 December 2014, 06:10
The thing I read said that the major reason for Anderson leaving is that the academic requirements at UW were to high for Anderson to get recruits from junior colleges.

CK 187
12 December 2014, 06:37
The thing I read said that the major reason for Anderson leaving is that the academic requirements at UW were to high for Anderson to get recruits from junior colleges.

I'm not 100% certain, but i think in the past 3 recruiting classes, only 2 players didn't meet academic standards. If that's the case, then I would have to call BS.

I'm sorry, but it is college so I don't take too much stock in lowering academic standards to get recruits. They are a very academically tough school for the entire student body.

CK 187
12 December 2014, 10:09

Well shit.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/source-paul-chryst-set-to-return-to-uw-as-badgers-head-coach/30193698

Not to stoked on a coach with a 19-19 record heading to Madison. I guess we'll see

GOST
14 December 2014, 06:11
What game you guys looking forward to today? The Browns vs Bengals game will probably be the most watched.

GOST
14 December 2014, 08:21
Auburn football player killed.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24886512/auburn-freshman-jakell-mitchell-shot-and-killed-near-school-campus

xAZxE30x
14 December 2014, 10:58
What game you guys looking forward to today? The Browns vs Bengals game will probably be the most watched.

I am looking forward to the Broncos/Chargers! My brother drove out there for the game. I wasn't able to make it work with my schedule :/

I hope the Bills can pull a win out. I have money on the Cards for the Super Bowl lol. Back when I placed a bet for fun the odds were awful. But of course no amount of money will come prior to rooting for the Broncos haha!!

GOST
14 December 2014, 11:07
Hate that you missed the game, that should be a good game.

xAZxE30x
14 December 2014, 13:29
Hate that you missed the game, that should be a good game.

I know! :/. I wish that we could run the damn ball in the red zone tho. Who cares about throwing TD's!! Just run it!

Spotted my brother! He is front row that little bastard
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn77/Jindar/51E39438-B434-47FA-B1DF-4582E60E22F9_zpszjcedo1z.jpg

Ignore the didders, that's what I call him lol

GOST
14 December 2014, 13:48
Very cool to have seats that good.

GOST
15 December 2014, 02:09
So the 49ers are out, where will Harbaugh's next stop be?

VIPER 237
15 December 2014, 18:43
So the 49ers are out, where will Harbaugh's next stop be?

Oakland

GOST
15 December 2014, 19:19
Miami has been brought up also, but your probably right.

Ride4frnt
15 December 2014, 19:33
Oakland or university of Michigan. Likely oakland. Also heard the redskins thrown in.

GOST
15 December 2014, 19:36
Redskins supposedly have told Gruden that he will be back next season.

Ride4frnt
15 December 2014, 20:12
Redskins supposedly have told Gruden that he will be back next season.

Ain't no coach gonna help that sorry excuse for a team.

VIPER 237
15 December 2014, 21:49
Oakland or university of Michigan. Likely oakland. Also heard the redskins thrown in.

I think Oakland makes the most sense. He can still live in the same home he is now, he as in his wife wouldn't have to worry about the cold and snow, plus he would have a decent young QB to mentor in Carr. I personally think any NFL gig is better than any College job, less babysitting and you don't have to worry about recruiting.

GOST
18 December 2014, 02:10
$49 million offered by Michigan for 6 years. That would make Harbaugh the highest paid coach in either the NFL or college.

SINNER
18 December 2014, 03:36
So glad Baltimore got the good brother.

GOST
18 December 2014, 04:57
The Bears are apparently benching Cutler for Clausen. Must be nice to have the highest paid Offensive player in the NFL healthy and on the bench.

SINNER
18 December 2014, 05:53
With 18 picks to keep him company on the bench. he is laughing all the way to the bank.

CK 187
18 December 2014, 08:29
$49 million offered by Michigan for 6 years. That would make Harbaugh the highest paid coach in either the NFL or college.

That's a no brainer for someone with forethought. I'd take that in a heartbeat especially with their recruiting capability (although misguided lately)

SINNER
18 December 2014, 08:45
I think he is too much of a competitor to go down to college ball from the NFL. He wants that ring so bad....

UWone77
18 December 2014, 08:49
I think he is too much of a competitor to go down to college ball from the NFL. He wants that ring so bad....

He can just borrow his brother's ring, while he's counting his 8 million per year...

Ride4frnt
18 December 2014, 08:59
He can just borrow his brother's ring, while he's counting his 8 million per year...

Exactly.

SINNER
18 December 2014, 09:21

That's the problem. Little brother has one and he does not. LOL their father made the comment before the Super Bowl that it didn't matter to him who won because until they both had rings, family functions were going to be rough. While said jokingly, I do believe some truth is in there too.

Ride4frnt
18 December 2014, 09:32
That's the problem. Little brother has one and he does not. LOL their father made the comment before the Super Bowl that it didn't matter to him who won because until they both had rings, family functions were going to be rough. While said jokingly, I do believe some truth is in there too.

Let's be real here... If he's chasing a ring, why would he EVER accept a job in oakland?

CK 187
18 December 2014, 09:34
Let's be real here... If he's chasing a ring, why would he EVER accept a job in oakland?

LMAO ^

UWone77
18 December 2014, 09:35

Bingo.

Oakland isn't just a 3-4 year project. They have a lot of aging veterans, and a couple of younger guys. Years of mismanaged drafts, and giving up picks hasn't helped the depth at all either.

Harbaugh will wear out his welcome before he's going to turn Oakland into a playoff contender.

At least in College, by the time those kids are tired of his shit, they will graduate.

Ride4frnt
18 December 2014, 09:37
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3270223/harbaugh-head.jpg

GOST
18 December 2014, 12:14
They have reported that his family wants to stay in the general area. Also with recruiting college ends up being more work than the NFL. I honestly think that this Michigan offer is a ploy to get a NFL team to offer him more money.

SINNER
18 December 2014, 12:30
Because the Niners were so strong before he coached there with 5 straight losing seasons. He turned them around in 3 years. A quality coach in Oakland can turn that team around in 3-4 years. I have not been following day to day with this but are the Miami rumors over? I thought that was the best fit for him.

mustangfreek
25 December 2014, 20:42
Did you see they fined marshawn lynch like $12 grand for his " unsportsmens like act" at the end of his 80 yard run, for those who dont know, jumped into the endzone to score and jumped in backwards and did a little michael jackson grab his junk guesture while in the air...frickin stupid..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/25/league-fines-lynch-11050-for-unsportsmanlike-conduct/?cid=yahoo

VIPER 237
25 December 2014, 21:53
They have reported that his family wants to stay in the general area. Also with recruiting college ends up being more work than the NFL. I honestly think that this Michigan offer is a ploy to get a NFL team to offer him more money.

I've always felt that as well. Why would he want to go brown nose 17 years olds and live in Michigan when he can still be in the NFL and if(when) he goes to Oakland still live in the same house?

i'm a Raiders fan so of course I have some bias, but i'm not the only one with these thoughts.

I believe Oakland is a great job for Harbaugh. Most of their older vets are on a one or two year deal so they're not stuck with them, they will have 60 mil + in cap space next year, and their rookie class is exceptional. Carr has many NFL execs and experts thinking he's the real deal, soon to be DRPOY Mack is already Pro Football Focus's highest rated outside linebacker, is virtually unblockable and is only going to get better. I cant remember who was on ESPN radio last week but he was saying Mack can be the best defensive player in the league without the last name of Watt. Sure it will take a year or two of smart drafting and some moves in free agency, but they've shown flashes a couple times this season. Look at the AFC west, Denver is the best now but manning doesn't have much longer and is regressing fast, and without him who knows how good they can be. Plus the chargers and chiefs cant seem to get it right and will both be looking for new QB's in the near future. So the window for Oakland to reach the playoffs again is in the next few years IMO, and if they can land Harbaugh they'll have the best coach in the division as well. It would not surprise me if Mark Davis throws out $10-12 mil a year for him.

And there is the potential to be the coach of the LA Raiders in 2016...

DutyUse
26 December 2014, 00:36
What about them bengals :))

UWone77
28 December 2014, 16:32
Huge win for the Hawks today. Wasn't sure if the offense was going to show up, even though they rolled up 354 Yards.

Looks like home field throughout the playoffs.

GOST
28 December 2014, 16:56
What is everyone's SB picks?

Mine is Green Bay vs New England.

Ride4frnt
28 December 2014, 17:08
What is everyone's SB picks?

Mine is Green Bay vs New England.

False. Seattle-New England

Army203
28 December 2014, 18:04
Dallas-New England.

GOST
28 December 2014, 18:21
Forgot about Dallas.

UWone77
28 December 2014, 18:33
Forgot about Dallas.

The only words in Dallas: heimlich maneuver, they're choking...

GOST
28 December 2014, 18:37
As much as I like Lynch and Sherman I can't root for the Seahawks. I suffer from Wilsonphobia, I find him to be ultra creepy.

Army203
28 December 2014, 18:48
The only words in Dallas: heimlich maneuver, they're choking...

To write Dallas off this season would be a mistake bro.