PDA

View Full Version : 7.62 x 39 Pistol build?

Gaspipeshooter
29 August 2014, 06:59
Anyone done a pistol build in 7.62 x 39? With the readily available and cheap ammo, it seems like something that would be affordable to shoot. I am looking at suppressors and the AAC SR-7 and the Griffin Armament Recce 7 are two on my list since they can also be put on .223/5.56 guns. Just another idea that keeps rattling around in my head...http://www.ohiowaterfowler.com/SMILEYS/banghead.gif

UWone77
29 August 2014, 08:05
My buddy Ben at AR15news has been shooting a 7.62x39 upper because of the cheaper ammo as you've mentioned. Right now he's using a KAK 10.5" barrel to build up an upper for a pistol. He's posted several pictures on the FB page if you want to look there and scroll back.

An AAC SR-7 would be a nice pick up, but I'm already too invested in 51T mounts to adopt yet another format with the 90T.

Gaspipeshooter
29 August 2014, 08:44
My buddy Ben at AR15news has been shooting a 7.62x39 upper because of the cheaper ammo as you've mentioned. Right now he's using a KAK 10.5" barrel to build up an upper for a pistol. He's posted several pictures on the FB page if you want to look there and scroll back.

An AAC SR-7 would be a nice pick up, but I'm already too invested in 51T mounts to adopt yet another format with the 90T.

Good to hear. It was actually his post and the KAK Industry 11" barrel he is using on his new build that brought the smoldering ember of an idea to full flaming inferno.

What are your thoughts on the Griffin Armament Recce 7? Their website touts it as the only silencer to survive the abusive LWRCI UICW 8" 6.8 SPC stress test, (not familiar with the test but it sounds impressive). And for the cost of the AAC SR-7 and a couple mounts, you could darn near have two dedicated silencers from Griffin, a Recce 5 and a Recce 7 and their respective mounts, which are included. Of course, I'm not factoring in the additional $200 for a second stamp...

GaSwamper
29 August 2014, 11:04
Good to hear. It was actually his post and the KAK Industry 11" barrel he is using on his new build that brought the smoldering ember of an idea to full flaming inferno.

What are your thoughts on the Griffin Armament Recce 7? Their website touts it as the only silencer to survive the abusive LWRCI UICW 8" 6.8 SPC stress test, (not familiar with the test but it sounds impressive). And for the cost of the AAC SR-7 and a couple mounts, you could darn near have two dedicated silencers from Griffin, a Recce 5 and a Recce 7 and their respective mounts, which are included. Of course, I'm not factoring in the additional $200 for a second stamp...

I would think it would be GTG on a 10'' plus barrel. Lotta guys getting the 8.2'' 6.8 barrels now, many of the manu.'s contacted said their silencers would be fine down to 8'' if you could get the bullets to stabilize but didn't want to warranty past 10''. I can't remember about grffin but I believe a lot of the guys were going with them. Too bad you just posted this, I just let 700rnds of my prized Norinco steel core go for a steal, 550rnds were still sealed.