PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to?

FortTom
2 September 2014, 18:48
While I'm pretty sure my IPOD has about every Led Zeppling song recorded, I started watching you tube's Led Zepplins live performances at about 3:00 PM, until about now. Used to be a time when there wasn't a lot of Zep on You Tube, don't know if it was a legal thing or what, but there's tons of it now.

My favorite all time band, going back to 69 up until John Bonhams death in 1980, I got to relive a bit of my youth for a little while. I'm quite sure I've owned multiple copies of everything they made, in LP, 8 Track, Cassette, back to LP's and finally CD's.

Anyone else here a Zepplin Fan? It's amazing, that even today, 13 year old's are buying their very first Led Zepplin albums. Although I do remember being both amused and saddened, that when my now adult children were around 11 and 12, I asked them if they knew who Led Zepplin was. I remember distinctly remember the sinking feeling when my daughter answered, "A bunch of old guys"? Couldn't help but let out a little chuckle though.

Any of you still listening to, or just starting to listen to Zepplin? [adore]

FT[:)]

UWone77
2 September 2014, 19:07
While I'm pretty sure my IPOD has about every Led Zeppling song recorded, I started watching you tube's Led Zepplins live performances at about 3:00 PM, until about now. Used to be a time when there wasn't a lot of Zep on You Tube, don't know if it was a legal thing or what, but there's tons of it now.

My favorite all time band, going back to 69 up until John Bonhams death in 1980, I got to relive a bit of my youth for a little while. I'm quite sure I've owned multiple copies of everything they made, in LP, 8 Track, Cassette, back to LP's and finally CD's.

Anyone else here a Zepplin Fan? It's amazing, that even today, 13 year old's are buying their very first Led Zepplin albums. Although I do remember being both amused and saddened, that when my now adult children were around 11 and 12, I asked them if they knew who Led Zepplin was. I remember distinctly remember the sinking feeling when my daughter answered, "A bunch of old guys"? Couldn't help but let out a little chuckle though.

Any of you still listening to, or just starting to listen to Zepplin? [adore]

FT[:)]

I really pictured you with a pair of overalls and a harmonica in your hand. One of your buddies in the background with a banjo...

Oh wait... that was the Alabama Football thread...[:D][:D]

Uffdaphil
2 September 2014, 19:20
I remember watching Elvis on Ed Sullivan so my preferences are even older oldies. But Zeppelin still does it for me, especially Whole Lotta Love. Can't stand Stairway though. I heard the long version every day for two years at a place I worked.

These days I gravitate to smooth jazz and THE voice - Sinatra. Side note: I was blown away by Lady Gaga singing standards dressed up like a nightclub chanteuse. Much better than her arty shock-schlock.

Eric
3 September 2014, 07:17
Mark Levin podcast.

FortTom
3 September 2014, 08:28
I really pictured you with a pair of overalls and a harmonica in your hand. One of your buddies in the background with a banjo...

Oh wait... that was the Alabama Football thread...[:D][:D]

You're more likely to catch me listening to blues or classic rock...so there might be a harmonica in there somewhere [:D]

MoxyDave
3 September 2014, 16:12
I am absolutely A Zeppelin fan. Houses of the Holy is one of my all-time favorite albums, and there are so many more.

I often wonder if today's artists don't have the same opportunity to become famous, and STAY famous long after they're gone. There is so much new stuff coming out every day now, and with media being lighting fast, it's so easy to overlook something good.

I have friends that are super into music and they keep me updated with what they like. But I always come back to Zeppelin, the Doobies, SuperTramp, Traffic ... Rock just never gets old.

Some find it strange that I also listen to a ton of techno and electronica. Even some country now and then. Variety is the spice of life!

FortTom
3 September 2014, 16:29
I am absolutely A Zeppelin fan. Houses of the Holy is one of my all-time favorite albums, and there are so many more.

I often wonder if today's artists don't have the same opportunity to become famous, and STAY famous long after they're gone. There is so much new stuff coming out every day now, and with media being lighting fast, it's so easy to overlook something good.

I have friends that are super into music and they keep me updated with what they like. But I always come back to Zeppelin, the Doobies, SuperTramp, Traffic ... Rock just never gets old.

I have an eclectic taste in music also, I might be listening to Albert King, Aerosmith, some classical, Zappa, southern rock, Ozzy, Johnny Cash, and Zepplin, one after another, when I plug my IPOD into my truck radio and play random. But Blues and Blues based rock ala Zepplin are usually on the top of my list. Listened to a couple of Johnny Winter albums today. Was reminded he died a few days ago, and how much I liked his work over the years. I had a new unopened set, Second Winter and Johnny Winter captured live and decided to pop it open and listen to both CD's. Robin Trower for later this evening.

FT

Some find it strange that I also listen to a ton of techno and electronica. Even some country now and then. Variety is the spice of life![/QUOTE]

XACT_ABORT
3 September 2014, 17:34
FT,

I had a chance to actually run a playlist on my iPod today at work. I always have it with me but really don't get around to it at the office as much as I intend... But today it was Johnny Cash and Social Distortion with a bit of Led Zeppelin. It was a nice escape. I can relate to losing track of time as you did today, I love when that happens and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

So I'm curious what you're listening with. Obviously today it was youtube, but how is sound typically delivered to your ears? Headphones, PC speakers? I'm asking because I recently bought a portable amp that uses the line out to my Ipod. This coupled with a new set of headphones has been blowing my mind lately. I'm picking up stuff even on crap digital recordings that I have never noticed before... Anyway, just curious.

FortTom
3 September 2014, 18:28
FT,

I had a chance to actually run a playlist on my iPod today at work. I always have it with me but really don't get around to it at the office as much as I intend... But today it was Johnny Cash and Social Distortion with a bit of Led Zeppelin. It was a nice escape. I can relate to losing track of time as you did today, I love when that happens and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

So I'm curious what you're listening with. Obviously today it was youtube, but how is sound typically delivered to your ears? Headphones, PC speakers? I'm asking because I recently bought a portable amp that uses the line out to my Ipod. This coupled with a new set of headphones has been blowing my mind lately. I'm picking up stuff even on crap digital recordings that I have never noticed before... Anyway, just curious.

Sometimes with headphones, I also have a kick ass set of Altec Lancing powered speakers with a powered Sub Woofer that I used for a while with my computer. I just plug it into my IPOD and it sounds very much as good as a much more expensive stereo system. Sometimes I listen on my lap top. In my truck, I just plug my IPOD into the aux input. The stereo that came with the vehicle isn't half bad, so I have hours and hours of listening time there. I think IPODS are going out of style, but they're so versatile, you can also plug them into the aux port of your home stereo or entertainment system, that I'll be using mine until it dies.

FT

XACT_ABORT
3 September 2014, 19:06
Sometimes with headphones, I also have a kick ass set of Altec Lancing powered speakers with a powered Sub Woofer that I used for a while with my computer. I just plug it into my IPOD and it sounds very much as good as a much more expensive stereo system. Sometimes I listen on my lap top. In my truck, I just plug my IPOD into the aux input. The stereo that came with the vehicle isn't half bad, so I have hours and hours of listening time there. I think IPODS are going out of style, but they're so versatile, you can also plug them into the aux port of your home stereo or entertainment system, that I'll be using mine until it dies.

FT
Yeah, pretty much iPod only for me. Don't have a dedicated home PC or stereo anymore. About all I do is change headphones depending on where I am. In ear or closed at work and open over ear at home where I won't bug anyone.

My iPod is an older 30gb model.. Line out is pretty nice on it. I will be bummed out when it dies. Haven't come across a better portable for my use.

GOST
3 September 2014, 19:19
Misfits, the Descendants, the Violent Femmes, ZZ Top and Johnny Cash to name a few on the IPhone.

XACT_ABORT
3 September 2014, 19:35
Misfits, the Descendants, the Violent Femmes, ZZ Top and Johnny Cash to name a few on the IPhone.
Any post Danzig Misfits? I don't own any at all... But they popped up on Pandora in the car and I wondered why.

GOST
4 September 2014, 01:43
Ive never heard any of the post Danzig stuff.

jennecarter
15 September 2014, 03:48
Recently got a nice audio set-up and I've been listening to all my CD's again while I re-import them in lossless format. Pink Floyd has been hitting the spot lately.

VIPER 237
15 September 2014, 08:17
I'll switch from Avenged Sevenfold, to Glitch Mob, to The Rolling Stones, to Vivaldi all in a drive to work. Basically I'll listen to anything besides the pop shit on the radio right now and rap/r&b.

avtech850
17 September 2014, 16:59
Ive never heard any of the post Danzig stuff.

Probably going to cause a linch mob of angry goth kids to bust into my house, but the post Danzig stuff is way better to me.

Ride4frnt
17 September 2014, 17:01
I know all you iphone guys are listening to that new U2 album...

Jennifer Snakehole
17 September 2014, 17:39
Cult of Luna! Baroness!

Fathom_Arms
18 September 2014, 17:02

Bahaha! Good thing it was free!

akersc
18 September 2014, 17:30

My stupid iOS update also included the new U2 album...... I almost threw my phone away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FortTom
18 September 2014, 17:42
My stupid iOS update also included the new U2 album...... I almost threw my phone away!

There is info on the internet explaining how to remove it. Glad I got the new HTC ONE M8.;)

akersc
18 September 2014, 17:44
There is info on the internet explaining how to remove it. Glad I got the new HTC ONE M8.;)

I didn't want to switch out phone types right in the middle of the fundraiser stuff or I would be on a different phone for sure.

Ride4frnt
18 September 2014, 19:06

It was on there before the iOS update. It was on every iphone last week.

Also, there's a removal tool now. Google U2 album removal.

akersc
18 September 2014, 19:31
It was on there before the iOS update. It was on every iphone last week.

Also, there's a removal tool now. Google U2 album removal.

I didn't need to google it, I'm cool like that and deleted that crap right away!

Ride4frnt
18 September 2014, 23:22
I didn't need to google it, I'm cool like that and deleted that crap right away!

One mans crap is another mans treasure...not this man's, but it's a figure of speech.

FortTom
18 September 2014, 23:51
One mans crap is another mans treasure...not this man's, but it's a figure of speech.

Ride4frnt, some folks here on this forum might call U2's music "crap", not due to lack of talent, but due to the fact that Bono and other band members have been very vocal on gun control in the U.S., and supportive and lent their celebrity weight to a POTUS and administration in this country who are vehemently anti-2A. He, Bono, has also been a very vocal proponent for the far left in this country. I can't speak for all on this forum, only myself, and definitely don't want to stir up a political rant, but some folks, like myself, think that Irishman needs to worry about the state of his own country's affairs, and STFU when it comes to American politics, and our rights granted by our country's Constitution. I have no use for mega millionaire who sings constantly about the poor in the world but probably doesn't know how many homes he owns. Then again, some folks may just not like U2.[:D]

My unsolicited opinion.;)

FT

Ride4frnt
19 September 2014, 08:01
Ride4frnt, some folks here on this forum might call U2's music "crap", not due to lack of talent, but due to the fact that Bono and other band members have been very vocal on gun control in the U.S., and supportive and lent their celebrity weight to a POTUS and administration in this country who are vehemently anti-2A. He, Bono, has also been a very vocal proponent for the far left in this country. I can't speak for all on this forum, only myself, and definitely don't want to stir up a political rant, but some folks, like myself, think that that Irishman needs to worry about the state of his own countries affairs, and STFU when it comes to American politics, and our rights granted by our countries Constitution. Not a mega millionaire who sings about the poor in the world but probably doesn't know how many homes he owns. Then again, some folks may just not like U2.[:D]

My unsolicited opinion.;)

FT

Amen.

XACT_ABORT
20 September 2014, 08:41
Probably going to cause a linch mob of angry goth kids to bust into my house, but the post Danzig stuff is way better to me.
Haha... Not sure how many angry goths will find you here but watch your back. I enjoyed what I stumbled on a few weeks ago. I'm gonna buy some and give it a shot.

GOST
20 September 2014, 09:56
Justin Beiber

RobSWVA
27 September 2014, 20:10
Well I guess I'm the first fish from the wrong pond to post in this thread. 5FDP, Pantera, Avatar, OLD metallica, Tool, Mastadon...just a few...but im from Appalachia, so I'll get in the mood for some good bluegrass sometimes, and who doesnt like Johnny Cash?

FortTom
27 September 2014, 20:19
Justin Beiber

Sorry GOST, but the only known cure I know for being a "Belieber" is to run a hose from the exhaust in your car to a small slot in window, start engine...well you know the rest.. hate to see a great member go though....[:D]

tim716
27 September 2014, 20:23
Becoming the Archetype - Dichotomy

Lkb513
1 October 2014, 07:27
The devil in I - slipknot

jim.bell
1 October 2014, 08:31
Johnny Cash, Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, Ramones, Iron Maiden, The Who, The Cult.

You know, boring old music.

GOST
1 October 2014, 14:09
Sorry GOST, but the only known cure I know for being a "Belieber" is to run a hose from the exhaust in your car to a small slot in window, start engine...well you know the rest.. hate to see a great member go though....[:D]

Sorry FT, forgot he's Canadian.[BD]

GOST
1 October 2014, 14:11
Johnny Cash, Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, Ramones, Iron Maiden, The Who, The Cult.

You know, boring old music.

Don't call that old music, all those are saved on my playlist.

HardEight
1 October 2014, 14:53
The devil in I - slipknot

I am not disappointed in this song. Looking forward to the album. Wasn't crazy about the first track they released but this one I like.

I am still stuck on Mastodon's latest.
The video they just put out for Motherload is nowhere short of hilariously epic.

RobSWVA
1 October 2014, 15:53
Found a new one (to me) that is pretty good imo. Dont know quite how to classify them other than rock/metal...band is Betzefer.

XACT_ABORT
1 October 2014, 16:27
The Sword for the last couple of days..

SINNER
1 October 2014, 18:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5jkAUyhDGY

2ATA
2 October 2014, 05:16
Bon Scott era AC/DC today.

Pyzik
2 October 2014, 06:25
Probably the odd man out here...

http://youtu.be/qmizqVj7TWk?list=PL1r3G31Nw07PhBz7ICxA3wJSCANxI0yZ a

But I listen mostly too stuff like Michael Buble, easy listening and when I want a beat Dub Step.

mustangfreek
2 October 2014, 09:01
FFDP [:D]

http://youtu.be/sXYIxJScSik

this one is talking about the vets/ptsd/and similiar......

http://youtu.be/o_l4Ab5FRwM

Ride4frnt
2 October 2014, 09:18
I'll listen to anything with the exception of pop country and new hip hop, if that's what you wanna call it.

Pyzik
2 October 2014, 10:29
FFDP [:D]

http://youtu.be/sXYIxJScSik

this one is talking about the vets/ptsd/and similiar......

http://youtu.be/o_l4Ab5FRwM

The two songs that made me realize FFDP is actually not bad.

B0bTheElephant
2 October 2014, 10:30
I'm in!

mustangfreek
2 October 2014, 10:32
I'm in!

Winner....

....Hahahaha...wheres my new smiley...lol

UWone77
2 October 2014, 10:32
I'm in!

This is the post of the day right here folks. [:D][crazy]

Pyzik
2 October 2014, 10:39
I laughing so frigging hard right now.
Co-workers are looking at me funny.

I have a feeling B0bTheElephant is also known as B0bTheIdiot in many circles.

srvctec
2 October 2014, 10:45
Hard rock is my favorite genre. I listen to Volbeat, 5FDP, Disturbed, A7X and anything like these bands. Probably my all time favorite bands from back in the day are Def Leppard, AC/DC and Van Halen (I have every single tape/CD of these 3 bands).

UWone77
2 October 2014, 11:01
I laughing so frigging hard right now.
Co-workers are looking at me funny.

I have a feeling B0bTheElephant is also known as B0bTheIdiot in many circles.

I know it's been over 1/2 hour now... but I'm still laughing... oh man, I needed that. [:D][:D][:D]

Thompson
2 October 2014, 11:14
I know it's been over 1/2 hour now... but I'm still laughing... oh man, I needed that. [:D][:D][:D]
Well UW .... whatever will keep you sane when you start packaging up my goodies from the giveaway [:D]

Speaking of music - I'm more of a country guy. Don't have a particular favorite, a little bit of each per se: Darius Rucker, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Eric Church to name a few.

JoshAston
2 October 2014, 11:49
Some god awful kids songs, whatever keeps the little girl entertained!

875fps
2 October 2014, 13:32
So THIS is the post UWone77 (or was it Stick?) was talking about earlier ... this is hilarious!

Actually, the joke is on you guys because "I'm in!" is all the rage in Europe. Just wait until they get trendy and you start hearing them on the radio. They're actually quite good. :D

Regarding music .... anything with a beat that you can move your head to ... electronic, hard rock, pop ... whatever ... as long as it gets me pumped up and motivated.

Seriously, though ... I'm in! You guys need to YouTube that band ... freakin' insane!!!

;)

UWone77
2 October 2014, 13:33
So THIS is the post UWone77 (or was it Stick?) was talking about earlier ... this is hilarious!

Actually, the joke is on you guys because "I'm in!" is all the rage in Europe. Just wait until they get trendy and you start hearing them on the radio. They're actually quite good. :D

Regarding music .... anything with a beat that you can move your head to ... electronic, hard rock, pop ... whatever ... as long as it gets me pumped up and motivated.

Seriously, though ... I'm in! You guys need to YouTube that band ... freakin' insane!!!

;)

That might be plausible if he had more than 1 post

RobSWVA
2 October 2014, 13:45
I'm in!

um, technically....no, your not...but thanks for playing!

875fps
2 October 2014, 13:55

;)

That might be plausible if he had more than 1 post

I was referring to this thread being about the music we're all listening to and him saying "I'm in!" was really him saying what music, or band, he's listening to and you guys just misunderstanding and thinking he's trying to enter the giveaway. :D

0uTkAsT
3 October 2014, 12:04
I'm in!
Well that's embarrassing.

Anyways, I have had a Dethklok song stuck in my head at work so I've been angrily hammering out quotes and technical submittals like crazy all morning. Kind of makes me wish I blasted dark metal while doing homework back in college, maybe it wouldn't have sucked so bad.

B0bTheElephant
3 October 2014, 17:43
I have no idea what I'm doing here. Halp.

Pyzik
3 October 2014, 17:52
I have no idea what I'm doing here. Halp.
Bob, Mr. Elephant... You want to reply with "I'm in" here: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6224

Pyzik
3 October 2014, 17:59
I'm in?
Glad you figured it out