PDA

View Full Version : Battle Arms Development Titanium EPS

UWone77
5 September 2014, 20:47
If you haven't seen them already, Battle Arms Development (http://shop.battlearmsdevelopment.com) has released their new EPS pins in Titanium. The Titanium Pins are half the weight of the standard EPS Pins. For those of you that have to have absolutely the lightest components. Stay tuned for more Battle Arms Development (http://shop.battlearmsdevelopment.com) products featuring lightweight Titanium components.

Description:

Battle Arms Development (http://shop.battlearmsdevelopment.com/main.sc) Enhanced Pin Set (BAD-EPS) just got better! Now available in natural machine finished Grade 5 Titanium (BAD-EPS-Ti) it is approximately half the weight of the steel BAD-EPS. The BAD-EPS-Ti is perfect for those looking for a lightweight build, competition, or simply seeking the raw titanium finish appeal. Each BAD-EPS-Ti (Enhanced Pin Set - Titanium) set consists of one BAD-ETP-Ti (Enhanced Takedown Pin - Titainum), one EPP (Enhanced Pivot Pin - Titainum), two springs, and two detents. Precison CNC machined from Grade 5 Titanium. The BAD-EPS-Ti have the following improvements and features: - AR15 Compatible - Patent Pending Pivot Pin & Takedown Pin Head Designs - Low Profile Pin Heads - Ambidextrous Safety Compatible - Extended Pin Tips (+0.030" over mil-spec) - Bullet Tip Guide - Patent Pending EZ Guide Channel

Specifications:

Keystone shaped and dimpled pivot pin head, knurled circumference and a reverse angled flat between 1 and 2 o'clock of the take down pin head for improved gripping surface.
0.030 longer length aids in pushing the pins out, without undue protrusion.
Low profiled pin heads, the ETP is compatible with ambidextrous selector's right lever.
Bullet tip guide at the tip of the pins to prevent the bullet or tool from slipping off and scratching the receiver, when a bullet or tool is used to push the pins in
Easy, hassle free installation. Secondary detent hole and groove milled past the milspec detent hole and groove on the pivot pin, make installation of the pivot pin effortless.
Weight: 3oz

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/Battle-Arms-Development-Titanium-EPS-1-copy_zps819b4f87.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/Battle-Arms-Development-Titanium-EPS-1-copy_zps819b4f87.jpg.html)
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/Battle-Arms-Development-Titanium-EPS-3-copy_zpsb1362f9a.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/Battle-Arms-Development-Titanium-EPS-3-copy_zpsb1362f9a.jpg.html)

GOST
5 September 2014, 21:17
UW what brand upper is that? It looks to be a perfect match for the BAD-15 lower.

Aragorn
6 September 2014, 07:42
Well those are blingin. Was planning on getting an EPS set after deciding I'd rather have those than the lightweight V7's. Hmmm. I don't know if I can deal with the shine, might be a bit much with a NiB bcg, but certainly a fresh new option.

bzdog
6 September 2014, 09:18
Supposedly they'll have black, too.

-john

UWone77
6 September 2014, 09:20
UW what brand upper is that? It looks to be a perfect match for the BAD-15 lower.

That's just a Rainier Forged Upper.

And yes, they will have black titanium pins.

GOST
6 September 2014, 21:55
UW is it the Gen 2 RA forged upper?

UWone77
8 September 2014, 17:38
UW is it the Gen 2 RA forged upper?

That's a mil spec. I believe a Gen2 would be a closer match.

GOST
8 September 2014, 17:47
Thanks UW, are the gen 2 uppers the same as the Mega forged ones with different logos?

mustangfreek
8 September 2014, 18:28
Thanks UW, are the gen 2 uppers the same as the Mega forged ones with different logos?

[:D]......;)

UWone77
8 September 2014, 18:47

You got it.

Mega = RA Gen 2

Thompson
8 September 2014, 22:37
It's my understanding that a lot of AR parts are like this now (uppers, lowers, BCGs, etc), being the same parts with different logos at differing prices. Daniel Defense is one of the few companies that actually make their own parts, no?

Ride4frnt
8 September 2014, 23:10
It's my understanding that a lot of AR parts are like this now (uppers, lowers, BCGs, etc), being the same parts with different logos at differing prices. Daniel Defense is one of the few companies that actually make their own parts, no?

That is what I have gathered over the years. A handful of companies turn out forged uppers and lowers and put some roll marks on them. Whether this is true, I'm not sure. I can tell you I have a few lowers from different manufacturers and there are no differences apart from finishes. Billet, now that's a different story, those are turned out in house, or should be in theory.

GOST
9 September 2014, 01:45
Having Mega as one who makes some of your products is a big plus.

Thompson
9 September 2014, 10:27
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge. So then Mega is another good company up there with guys like BCM, DD, Noveske, etc?

GOST
9 September 2014, 11:11
Yes, Mega's quality is top notch. The finish on their receivers is quite possibly the best I've seen.

FortTom
9 September 2014, 12:18
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge. So then Mega is another good company up there with guys like BCM, DD, Noveske, etc?

This week, Thompson. About every 3 or 4 weeks a new lower comes out, the last "big" thing gets forgotten, and the new one gets drooled over, then the cycle repeats..[:D]

gatordev
9 September 2014, 14:22
This week, Thompson. About every 3 or 4 weeks a new lower comes out, the last "big" thing gets forgotten, and the new one gets drooled over, then the cycle repeats..[:D]

I know FT is partly joking (partly), but there are only so many large manufactures. Mega is one the the places that makes their own stuff (like DD and Noveske...I think). For a while, several years ago, Spike's, which had a kajillion lowers out there for sale, had theirs made by an outfit called JD Machine in San Diego (they've since moved to another supplier).

So outfits like DD, Noveske, BCM (which I don't know if they make their own stuff), Mega, Aero, etc are good to go.

Thompson
9 September 2014, 14:44
Ah ok. Thanks for the help everyone. I'm starting to look into parts for my first AR build after I finish college (2.5 years left).... so many companies ... [bash]

But ... until then, the Jack Carbine will have to do (when I get it haha) [:D]

GOST
9 September 2014, 16:54
BCM is always a good choice Thompson.

Thompson
9 September 2014, 20:16
I try [BD]

FortTom
9 September 2014, 20:58
I know FT is partly joking (partly), but there are only so many large manufactures. Mega is one the the places that makes their own stuff (like DD and Noveske...I think). For a while, several years ago, Spike's, which had a kajillion lowers out there for sale, had theirs made by an outfit called JD Machine in San Diego (they've since moved to another supplier).

So outfits like DD, Noveske, BCM (which I don't know if they make their own stuff), Mega, Aero, etc are good to go.

Yes, Thomson, I was (mostly) kidding, sometimes it doesn't come though well.

Ah ok. Thanks for the help everyone. I'm starting to look into parts for my first AR build after I finish college (2.5 years left).... so many companies ... [bash]

But ... until then, the Jack Carbine will have to do (when I get it haha) [:D]

What??? 2.5 years? Heck, we might be shooting particle beam weapons by then. Just cut back from ramen noodles every night, to one cup every other night. You can swipe free ketchup packets from the cafeteria if you need "sauce", if you need a few more calories to keep from fainting. Water is good also, no need for milk, soft drinks, etc. . Buy the most used books that are still readable and even then try to negotiate the price down due to "poor condition". Recycle paper you used for taking notes, and no longer needed after the class is finished, for toilet paper. Those little hand soap bars found in the mens latrine (still in wrapper) will fit in your pockets 3 or 4 deep, so showers in the dorm will be free and save you money. The little bits left will still dissolve in the washing machine, so fresh clean clothes. There, now I've shown you how to save enough to go to school and start your project gun now, not 2.5 years from now. Use your imagination...[:D]

FT:([:)]

Thompson
9 September 2014, 21:38
Haha; you never fail to amuse FT. And yes, I got the humor.

Sorry, should have worded that differently. Rather - end goal is to have most if not all parts for my AR build. I figure, spreading the cost over several years isn't as bad compared to all in a month.

I've managed to acquire one part already: Geissele MK1 13" rail [:D] (no shortage of PMAGs either)

And I actually do most of what you mentioned .... minus the paper recycling and the bar of soap (it's all liquid dispenser now).

No worries, I've got a bit of monthly stipend coming in from Army.

UWone77
9 September 2014, 21:42
Haha; you never fail to amuse FT. And yes, I got the humor.

Sorry, should have worded that differently. Rather - end goal is to have most if not all parts for my AR build. I figure, spreading the cost over several years isn't as bad compared to all in a month.

I've managed to acquire one part already: Geissele MK1 13" rail [:D] (no shortage of PMAGs either)

And I actually do most of what you mentioned .... minus the paper recycling and the bar of soap (it's all liquid dispenser now).

Thompson,

You're already ahead of the game my friend. I wish I even knew what a rifle was when I was your age. I had 1 pistol.

The only problem you have is the lack of funds, and of course the plethora of parts out there, great parts and companies all producing functional and aesthetically pleasing stuff. Hard to make a decision sometimes when you can only have one.

Don't buy too many items too soon. One thing in the AR world that's certain. Today's cutting edge piece of gear is soon to be yesterdays bargain bin.

And yes... FT never does fail to please. I need to find him his own title for WEVO...

Fort Tom
WEVO Comedian

Thompson
10 September 2014, 10:22
You're already ahead of the game my friend. I wish I even knew what a rifle was when I was your age. I had 1 pistol.

Don't buy too many items too soon. One thing in the AR world that's certain. Today's cutting edge piece of gear is soon to be yesterdays bargain bin.

Haha - I just wish I could have started shooting when I was a kid. I'm really far behind the curve now, in terms of doing competitive shooting (I'd like to PCS to the Army Marksmanship Unit).

So can parts in the AR world be loosely compared to electronics - in the sense that today's gadgets is yesterday's most advanced technology?

gatordev
10 September 2014, 13:15

What is that up to now? When I started ROTC, it was $100, which hadn't changed since the dawn of time. By the time I commissioned, it was all the way up $150. At least it helped pay for gas.

So can parts in the AR world be loosely compared to electronics - in the sense that today's gadgets is yesterday's most advanced technology?

It really depends on how you want to use it and what you're using. For a straight up Carbine with FSB, I'm very happy with an old school KAC RAS rail. It works and it's fairly light. Electronics/lights...yeah, things change. Honestly it seems like the most bang for the buck change that's continued to happen is barrels that maintain accuracy but continue to go down in price.

Thompson
10 September 2014, 13:58
What is that up to now? When I started ROTC, it was $100, which hadn't changed since the dawn of time. By the time I commissioned, it was all the way up $150. At least it helped pay for gas.

It really depends on how you want to use it and what you're using. For a straight up Carbine with FSB, I'm very happy with an old school KAC RAS rail. It works and it's fairly light. Electronics/lights...yeah, things change. Honestly it seems like the most bang for the buck change that's continued to happen is barrels that maintain accuracy but continue to go down in price.
As of now: $300 freshman; $350 sophomore; $450 junior; $500 senior; $500 additional semesters beyond senior year ... plus $600/semester for books (but this is direct deposited to bank account ... so if you don't use up all 600 on books, the remaining balance is yours to spend on whatever ... like say, a Jack Carbine [:D])

(... not trying to pull the age card ... but wow [wow] $150 sounds like a little while ago) And I'm sure ROTC hasn't changed much since your days. In fact, only this past summer did Cadet Command undergo a massive face lift, restructuring and standardizing programs across the country.

.... okay - I've been trying to figure out the meaning of FSB in context to what's been posted .... I still haven't a clue what it stands for [bash]

gatordev
10 September 2014, 14:39
Front Sight Base...basically the fixed front sight on an AR platform.

To be fair, I'm Navy, so a little bit different leadership stuff (we don't have all the balls and diamonds), but it might have been a little while ago. I commissioned in 1998. It wasn't a lot of money then, either. The amounts you mention are down right decadence!

Thompson
10 September 2014, 15:03
Front Sight Base...basically the fixed front sight on an AR platform.

The amounts you mention are down right decadence!
Ah okay - I was close, I was thinking "front sight ____", post was the only thing that came to mind.

NROTC's not too far behind; $250, $300, $350, $400 respectively + $750/year for books.

UWone77
11 September 2014, 09:47
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2297_zpseee509d7.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2297_zpseee509d7.jpg.html)
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_2298_zpsdc6012e6.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_2298_zpsdc6012e6.jpg.html)

Gaspipeshooter
11 September 2014, 10:00
.... okay - I've been trying to figure out the meaning of FSB in context to what's been posted .... I still haven't a clue what it stands for [bash]

Get used to it Thompson. With all the LEO/MIL guys around, initials and acronyms rule. For instance, FS and MD can mean the same thing, but an MD isn't always an FS. An MD can also be an MB or a comp. Then you get into LPKs, with/without FCGs...get the picture? [:D]

Computalotapus
11 September 2014, 10:14

zero7one started a forum related acronym thread that you can read up on to understand the lingo here (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?1022-Weapon-Forum-Related-Acronyms&highlight=acronyms)

Thompson
11 September 2014, 11:29
Get used to it Thompson. With all the LEO/MIL guys around, initials and acronyms rule. For instance, FS and MD can mean the same thing, but an MD isn't always an FS. An MD can also be an MB or a comp. Then you get into LPKs, with/without FCGs...get the picture? [:D]
... so very true ... I have no idea what you said - but it's already starting to make my head hurt [bash]

And thanks for the acronyms link; it will definitely come in handy!!

Wondering Beard
11 September 2014, 13:38
I'm still trying to figure what EPS in the title thread means

Ride4frnt
11 September 2014, 13:40
I'm still trying to figure what EPS in the title thread means

Enhanced pin set

DutyUse
12 September 2014, 00:20
Cool idea, but a little to much bling for my taste lol

GOST
12 September 2014, 06:47
Cool idea, but a little to much bling for my taste lol

I think these will be available in black later.

Wondering Beard
12 September 2014, 12:22
Enhanced pin set

lncmarkviii
2 October 2014, 14:24
bling for my Daniels

GOST
3 October 2014, 05:04
bling for my Daniels

They kinda do look like ear rings.

GOST
17 January 2015, 18:03
The ion bonded titanium BAD-EPS-Ti-B are now available.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10931563_889657521054890_1590287641166727726_o.jpg ?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

http://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/bad-eps-ti-b-enhanced-pin-set-titanium-black-ionbond-ar15