PDA

View Full Version : FDE Umbrella Build

mustangfreek
8 September 2014, 03:00
erase this

Gaspipeshooter
8 September 2014, 05:17
Looking hard at that Umbrella BCG...:P

The awesomeness of that Umbrella logo peeking out of the ejection port would be well worth it IMHO...

Aragorn
8 September 2014, 08:49
The awesomeness of that Umbrella logo peeking out of the ejection port would be well worth it IMHO...

I concur, but they're sold out now and Umbrella is sloooooooooow on production times. You'll be waiting a cool minute if you go that route. :(

Computalotapus
8 September 2014, 09:12
I love UCWRG stuff and there are tons of deals on BCG's right now. You can go the route of getting the umbrella group to match but pick up a bargain "spare" bcg while you wait for that cool minute to turn into a hot second.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

UWone77
8 September 2014, 09:15
I concur, but they're sold out now and Umbrella is sloooooooooow on production times. You'll be waiting a cool minute if you go that route. :(

I think the production issues are about to take a big turn for the better this coming month.

mustang, you might as well get the BCG since that's all you can talk about. You won't be satisfied until you get one, so just do it. Several vendors have them in stock, just not Umbrella themselves.

Also... since you're getting the Umbrella BCG, that means you'll have to get one of these too. http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?5525-Sneak-Peek-Umbrella-Corporation-Stainless-CHF-Barrels&highlight=UMBRELLA

Start saving that lunch money.

Aragorn
8 September 2014, 09:34
Also... since you're getting the Umbrella BCG, that means you'll have to get one of these too. http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?5525-Sneak-Peek-Umbrella-Corporation-Stainless-CHF-Barrels&highlight=UMBRELLA

THAT is the big ticket item I've been lusting over.

akersc
8 September 2014, 16:35
I still have the boxes from my build, I like looking at them. I'm excited for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOST
8 September 2014, 17:45
I want one of those BCG's. I wish they would make a version of their grip with a cap or plug.

zarmbie_killer
8 September 2014, 17:49
Sweet I love all things umbrella Corp, one day we'll have a full umbrella gun

FortTom
8 September 2014, 18:39
Well im at it again...Impulse buy kinda thing..FDE umbrella build in the works.....[crazy]

Not sure how long this build will take, but want to get a good trigger for this build.never ponied up for a "good" trigger yet, running all QMS triggers in most of my lowers. Looking hard at the flat CMC trigger..Not sure on barrel yet. Thinkin something nitrided, then again im Not sure yet...

Looking hard at that Umbrella BCG...:P

Ill just start here...

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z176/mustang91_2007/photo1_zps8c649892.jpg?t=1410160197

Parts acquired/laying around...

Umbrella grip
BAD safety and Bad pin set
VG6 Epsilon
RA buffer tube and H buffer
MFT Minimalist stock
13" parallax rail

MF - two things on your list that I think you'll greatly appreciate. One is the flat CMC trigger. I just got my first one for my last build, and the thing, at least for me, is amazing, it doesn't demand a great deal of your cognitive power to concentrate on finger placement. It just seems to work great no matter where your finger is on the trigger, which I believe would be very helpful under high stress situations, such as a super intense training course or Heaven forbid a SD situation.

The other are the VG6 Epsilon. I bought two of these 8 or 9 months ago? Don't really remember, but the company only had 3 left at the time, in stock, so I bought two of them. I was a bit skeptical at the thought of a hybrid brake/compensator/flash hider, all in one. But after a couple of hundred rounds, I was absolutely sold on them.

Good luck with the project.

FT

FortTom
9 September 2014, 12:44
Thanks for the reply there FT,

Have the epsilon already and excited to see how it performs, i do not have the trigger yet, but the CMC flat is at the top of my list...

Think i have the barrel figured out, not totally sure yet though...16" middy for sure though..

Just ordered another, and a set of KN Anti-rotation pins for my .308 last night, actually before I posted this. I went with the 3.5lb. pull, but thinking I might have been better off with a 4.5lb., on that rifle. Oh well, truth be told, this rifle will probably just be a bench gun for paper targets and possibly a coyote gun if I can pick some up at farther ranges. Anyway. I definitely wouldn't carry this over a bolt action for deer or wild boar. So a lightweight trigger should suit this rifle just fine.

FT

Aragorn
21 September 2014, 17:33
She's turning into quite the looker. [:D]

Computalotapus
22 September 2014, 04:24
Thai is coming together nicely

Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

tactical
27 September 2014, 13:38
I have a 14" Fortis on my UCWRG FDE build, but I'm liking the looks of that FFSSR. Can't wait to see the completed build.

mustangfreek
23 March 2015, 02:33
Well gay update..This build is scraped..never even shot it..had to do some selling and half of this build is gone...

So erase or whatever...parts to be recycled into something...[crazy]

toolboxluis00200
23 March 2015, 09:44
??? what happen

mustangfreek
25 March 2015, 02:11
it was too nice for the wevo ginger as you all call me...

really...life and other crap needed to come first.......might be time for a break....