PDA

View Full Version : Ferfrans CRD experiences?

JohnnyGeek
15 September 2014, 05:46
Just finishing up my 10.5 pistol build, and I've been considering a Ferfrans CRD. Anyone have personal experience with one, and what are your thoughts on it?

The muzzle device and BUIS are all I'm still waffling on.

http://www.johnnygeek.com/stuff/guns/ar/pistol.jpg

VIPER 237
15 September 2014, 08:10
I actually shot one yesterday for the first time on a 10.5 barrel. Without the blast shield it is a loud, blasty, MFer which is to be expected on a short barrel. Now with the shield in place it reduced the blast substantially, however it did increase felt recoil.

Gaspipeshooter
15 September 2014, 10:20
I actually shot one yesterday for the first time on a 10.5 barrel. Without the blast shield it is a loud, blasty, MFer which is to be expected on a short barrel. Now with the shield in place it reduced the blast substantially, however it did increase felt recoil.

Good info! I'll feed that into the mental computer, since I am also trying to decide on a muzzle device.

egress81
15 September 2014, 15:23
I am also interested in the FF for my pistol build

Ride4frnt
15 September 2014, 15:27
Mine is going to look pretty similar. Probably gonna try the KAK flash can. Basically a kx3 without the cone inside. I'm using a 12" handguard though so I need a device that sticks out past the rail with no side ports on it.

Yours using a 10" rail on 10.5" barrel?

JohnnyGeek
16 September 2014, 05:16
Mine is going to look pretty similar. Probably gonna try the KAK flash can. Basically a kx3 without the cone inside. I'm using a 12" handguard though so I need a device that sticks out past the rail with no side ports on it.

Yours using a 10" rail on 10.5" barrel?

Yes - exactly. From what I've found with regard to measurements, I believe that with the use of a relatively thick crush washer for the actual compensator, the Ferfrans CRD will fit essentially flush - with juuuuuust enough clearance to operate the locking sleeve. (Which is very much the "look" I'm going for, if I can get away with it.)

UWone77
16 September 2014, 16:25
Probably one of the best and shortest videos of the Ferfrans in action. Just remember this is a brake, not a KX3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8SplWRI_YfY

mustangfreek
16 September 2014, 19:25
OOPS...

egress81
16 September 2014, 20:29
I am hoping that someone will make one that is suppressor compatible.