PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Our Newest Site Sponsor: Fathom Arms

Pages : [1] 2

UWone77
17 September 2014, 16:01
Welcome our newest forum sponsor Fathom Arms (http://www.fathomarms.com/). Fathom Arms (http://www.fathomarms.com/) offers Complete Upper Receivers, Stripped Upper Receivers, Bolt Carrier Groups, and Low Profile Gas Blocks for the AR-15 platform. Fathom, if you're watching this thread, feel free to introduce yourselves and post pictures of your products and announcements here.

Visit Fathom Arms here: http://www.fathomarms.com/ or their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FathomArms

From their website:

Mission:

To provide superior AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.

Description:

After countless trips to the Middle East assisting in personal and asset security I've realized that firearms, much like any tool are required to be built to the highest standards.

At Fathom Arms we've sourced and assembled the highest quality parts available. We use aerospace inspired quality control and product monitoring throughout the assembly process to insure the best product is available to our customers.

I'm not willing to sell parts that I wouldn't use to defend my own life with.

-Guy

Fathom_Arms
17 September 2014, 16:11
Will do man. Thanks for having us on board!

We decided to finally make the jump and do our first forum sponsorship. Great to be here and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/FathomArmsEnhancedAR15BCGwwwfathomarmscom_zps2e72c 684.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/stackingclose_zps8896fb61.jpg

Fathom_Arms
17 September 2014, 16:34
Here are a few more!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/TRX_FathomLockstoneAR15BoltCarrierGroup_zpsa564722 7.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/FathomArmsAR15BoltCarrierGroupM16_zps26ad4715.jpg

six8
17 September 2014, 16:40
Welcome aboard!

UWone77
17 September 2014, 16:42
I do like Nitrided BCG's. Can't have enough of those.

KevinBLC
17 September 2014, 16:55
Cool! Thanks for sponsoring the site

DutyUse
17 September 2014, 16:57
It's always great to see a manufacturer join a forum and interact with their current and future customers

Gaspipeshooter
17 September 2014, 17:03
That Spade logo is bad azz...

camomike
17 September 2014, 17:15
Welcome! Thanks for sponsoring the site.

Fathom_Arms
18 September 2014, 08:13
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Well, we are officially sold out of Enhanced BCGs. But, we will have more in a week or so. Pre-order is available on them if anybody wants. They will ship out as soon as we inspect them.

On another note, we have some great photos coming from Markland Photography of our new line of Mid-Length upper with the new Geissele MK8 M-LOK rail. Very excited to see the finished photos.

velocity2006
18 September 2014, 08:33
Looks like a nice carrier, any plans for a NiB version?

Fathom_Arms
18 September 2014, 09:51
Looks like a nice carrier, any plans for a NiB version?

As of now, no. The reason being is because I am a huge fan of Nitride. Since it actually changes the metals surface and doesn't coat the surface, no tolerances need to be changed or adjusted. It is an extremely robust finish and it still holds oil and grease well. But, you never know... we may!

velocity2006
18 September 2014, 09:56
Just prefer the NiB for cleaning ease, if you did make one you'd have 1 sold already.

Fathom_Arms
18 September 2014, 10:11
Just prefer the NiB for cleaning ease, if you did make one you'd have 1 sold already.

Nitride makes cleaning a breeze too! It's not remotely as porous as Phosphate. The finish is very slick, but the oil doesn't run off as easy as NiB. Kind of a middle ground in terms of slickness.

velocity2006
18 September 2014, 10:35
Thanks for the info I will keep you guys in mind for the next build I get going. Have a spare PSA lower laying around that needs some 300BLK goodness.

Fathom_Arms
18 September 2014, 11:00
Thanks for the info I will keep you guys in mind for the next build I get going. Have a spare PSA lower laying around that needs some 300BLK goodness.

Anytime! What length barrel are you gonna run on that .300blk?

GaSwamper
18 September 2014, 14:02
Welcome aboard fellas. Always nice to find another source.

velocity2006
18 September 2014, 15:02
Anytime! What length barrel are you gonna run on that .300blk?

Thinking 11.5" or 8" but I guess that is everyone's dilemma now a days. I handload so shooting the 8" unsupressed wouldn't be an issue as I could play with loads to get it cycling correctly. At the same time 300BLK seems like its becoming more mainstream so factory ammo is more of an option than it has been in the past so the 11.5" may be the way to go if I just want to be lazy and purchase factory.

Fathom_Arms
18 September 2014, 15:07
Thinking 11.5" or 8" but I guess that is everyone's dilemma now a days. I handload so shooting the 8" unsupressed wouldn't be an issue as I could play with loads to get it cycling correctly. At the same time 300BLK seems like its becoming more mainstream so factory ammo is more of an option than it has been in the past so the 11.5" may be the way to go if I just want to be lazy and purchase factory.

Yep. I've built a few 8" and a few 10" 300blks. The 8" cycled great suppressed and unsupressed with factory loads. You shouldn't have an issue going 8" besides how loud it is unsupressed. Felt like I was flash banging myself!

velocity2006
18 September 2014, 15:18
Yeah I have shot both 8" and 11.5" versions. They both had Ferfrans brakes with the shroud on them so the blast wasn't bad on the ones I shot. I am a bigger guy and with my grip the 8" just might be too small for me, it was more maneuverable, but the 11.5 was defiantly a better fit for my size. Luckily my wallet isnt allowing for purchase of a barrel quite yet so I still have time to decide. Just dumped about 600 into my long range rifle so my wallet needs time to recover. :P

voodoo_man
18 September 2014, 15:49
sweet

JGifford
19 September 2014, 08:03
As of now, no. The reason being is because I am a huge fan of Nitride. Since it actually changes the metals surface and doesn't coat the surface, no tolerances need to be changed or adjusted. It is an extremely robust finish and it still holds oil and grease well. But, you never know... we may!

I really hope Azimuth got these "right". Rubber City Armory had a helluva product with this, if their CS and QA/QC and material suppliers had been worth a darn. I have been looking for a quality QPQ BCG for some time sense then.

Do you know if Azimuth cuts chips and dips, or do they just cut chips and then farm the parts out to be dipped by someone else?

UDT
20 September 2014, 06:59
Welcome!

Fathom_Arms
20 September 2014, 11:24
I really hope Azimuth got these "right". Rubber City Armory had a helluva product with this, if their CS and QA/QC and material suppliers had been worth a darn. I have been looking for a quality QPQ BCG for some time sense then.

Do you know if Azimuth cuts chips and dips, or do they just cut chips and then farm the parts out to be dipped by someone else?

Azimuth has been a very reputable company and have not proven otherwise. I have full faith in them and we will be working together for many years to come. On this BCG and future products.

Nitride is done in house, I believe.

Pick up our BCG and try it out! :)

Pyzik
20 September 2014, 11:39
Awesome! Welcome!
I'll be hitting your site shortly.

DutyUse
20 September 2014, 11:39
Azimuth has been a very reputable company and have not proven otherwise. I have full faith in them and we will be working together for many years to come. On this BCG and future products.

Nitride is done in house, I believe.

Pick up our BCG and try it out! :)

Nitride/QPQ has been used and proven in the handgun world forever, and I truly believe this technology is the future for rifle components. Do some research and you will soon be as impressed as I am. I think if Fathom Arms keeps up their current QC they could be one of the leaders of this emerging new industry and I wish them nothing but success in the future. Their products are impressive and I hope to purchase some soon :D

JGifford
20 September 2014, 16:04
Nitride/QPQ has been used and proven in the handgun world forever, and I truly believe this technology is the future for rifle components. Do some research and you will soon be as impressed as I am. I think if Fathom Arms keeps up their current QC they could be one of the leaders of this emerging new industry and I wish them nothing but success in the future. Their products are impressive and I hope to purchase some soon :D

Yes, it has, on Glock barrels, most notably...but then I had a SIG barrel QPQ'ed, and the barrel-hood chips ever so slightly on the locking surface. So you really REALLY need to match application and process to each other. QPQ is EXTREMELY complicated for such a simple process, and you need to refine the concentrations, temperatures, and times, of the bath to match the part being treated, and it's intended use/environment. Remember S&W's rusty slides? I have a peened RCA bolt that only saw around 500 rounds or so, myself, as well as that P226 barrel, which went the other way (brittle).

I am not AT ALL trying to say that Azimuth is not putting out a solid product that is done RIGHT. I know some of the people using their BCG's, and they are more OCD than me, and with more experience to back up their professional choices than I will ever have (they are manufacturers as well as former end-users, who cater to current end-users non-civ, mostly by sales bulk.)

Yes, Fathom Arms, I may very well buy a BCG from you to try out. I have an RCA bcg sitting around somewhere that I kept simply because it is QPQ and I like to have random novel parts around for T&E. I will probably verify headspace of the bolt in my Daniel Defense, and then sell it. If it spaces correctly in my DDM4, then I know it's likely not a "problem child" and can feel good about moving it.

Fathom_Arms
24 September 2014, 10:00
Our enhanced BCGs will now have rounded gas keys. It gets rid of the sharp corners that can cause gouging or uneven wear inside the upper receiver. Plus it is pleasing to the eye![:D]

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/FathomArmsEnhancedNitrideBCG_zpse81e8061.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/037tx4_zpsef31c823.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/P6241916_zps95ee8cd1.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/FathomArmsNitrideBCG_zpsbef1f843.jpg

Thompson
24 September 2014, 10:38
Our enhanced BCGs will now have rounded gas keys. It gets rid of the sharp corners that can cause gouging or uneven wear inside the upper receiver.
Awesomeness right there.

I've seen some awesome reviews thus far on your BCG, and since it's pictured, an awesome one from Chris Tran.

Computalotapus
24 September 2014, 11:18
Awesomeness right there.

I've seen some awesome reviews thus far on your BCG, and since it's pictured, an awesome one from Chris Tran.

Yeah the fathom has made the short list. Looking forward to the review from Chris on this one as well.

Fathom_Arms
25 September 2014, 09:29
Awesomeness right there.

Yeah the fathom has made the short list. Looking forward to the review from Chris on this one as well.

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, Chris has been running that BCG in our complete upper. He pulled the phosphate BCG out and put the Nitride BCG in. Wear on the black outer Iron Oxide (Fe3O4) layer will probably be very minimal to non-existent, on the contact points, since the upper is already broken in. If he runs it in that San Tan build he may be able to get it to the compound layer on the contact points.

UWone77
25 September 2014, 11:31
I know Chris personally, so I enjoy his reviews. If he doesn't like something or it doesn't work, he'll spell it out and not cherry coat it. That's something refreshing in this industry.

Thompson
25 September 2014, 20:01
I know Chris personally, so I enjoy his reviews. If he doesn't like something or it doesn't work, he'll spell it out and not cherry coat it. That's something refreshing in this industry.
Glad to hear this. Love no-BS guys, especially nowadays when a lot of people are "sponsored" to speak about products.

GOST
26 September 2014, 06:05
Glad to hear this. Love no-BS guys, especially nowadays when a lot of people are "sponsored" to speak about products.

When I read no-BS I think of Rob.

JGifford
26 September 2014, 20:49
I put a few rca bolt carrier groups (milspec dimension) in some new PSA uppers. The wear on the bolts and carriers and especially cam pin was Impressively minimal. Fathom arms I am sure has done more due diligence on the heat treat and the cs from fathom seems superior to say the least. I have high hopes for this! By all accounts it should be g2g. Don't forget jp has successfully used qpq carriers for years. A properly executed qpq bcg should be great! This seems to be such.

UWone77
27 September 2014, 20:27
When I read no-BS I think of Rob.

rob is definitely no-BS.

Most people nowadays are overviewers instead of actual reviewers.

Tyrannosaur
28 September 2014, 06:57
Thank you for your sponsorship of the site. I'll look into your parts if NY state ever gets its head out of its a**

Fathom_Arms
5 October 2014, 14:43
Our new URG with Enhanced BCG and a Geissele M-LOK MK8 Rail.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/FathomArmsGeisseleUpperReceiver_zps8811fe1e.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/_MG_6755_zpsba060750.jpg

UWone77
5 October 2014, 14:59
New BCG and a MK8 Handguard.... I think I need both.

Fathom_Arms
5 October 2014, 15:57
New BCG and a MK8 Handguard.... I think I need both.

One more for you!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/FathomArmsMLOKUpperReceiver_zps176cd90d.jpg

JGifford
5 October 2014, 16:11
Who's barrel is that? It's looking very similar to Hodge Defense's AU MOD 1

Fathom_Arms
5 October 2014, 17:06
Who's barrel is that? It's looking very similar to Hodge Defense's AU MOD 1

Thats our barrel. 5.56, 4150V, chrome lined middy w/ 1/8 twist.

KevinBLC
5 October 2014, 17:12

So when are you planning on joining the DMG party? [:D] They seem to be taking a ton of your pics.

Pops76
7 October 2014, 13:44
Welcome...love the spade on the BCG.

Fathom_Arms
8 October 2014, 19:19
So when are you planning on joining the DMG party? [:D] They seem to be taking a ton of your pics.

Yeah they have been great! We are slowly working up to it!

DutyUse
8 October 2014, 20:03

Good choice on 1 in 8. I think for a gun that's going to see a lot of 55 & 62gr ammo that twist makes a lot of sense.

Also I'm excited to read the review Modern Arms is going to do on yalls Nitride BCG :D

Aragorn
9 October 2014, 13:46
I met Guy Kemp last week. I had ordered one of the BCG's and with Fathom being fairly local, he pm'd me on here asking if I'd like to meet half way and have it hand delivered a day early.

Of course I said yes.

The BCG is gorgeous and Mr. Kemp REALLY knows melonite. I don't think you'll be able to beat the CS either, as he even followed up with me after the purchase. Still haven't got to run it (carbine is still being built) but I'm certainly eager to. The attention to detail is phenomenal, even the cotter pin slot is tighter than normal.

toolboxluis00200
9 October 2014, 14:51
Welcome aboard!

DutyUse
9 October 2014, 15:07
I met Guy Kemp last week. I had ordered one of the BCG's and with Fathom being fairly local, he pm'd me on here asking if I'd like to meet half way and have it hand delivered a day early.

Of course I said yes.

The BCG is gorgeous and Mr. Kemp REALLY knows melonite. I don't think you'll be able to beat the CS either, as he even followed up with me after the purchase. Still haven't got to run it (carbine is still being built) but I'm certainly eager to. The attention to detail is phenomenal, even the cotter pin slot is tighter than normal.

Wow that speaks volumes about Fathom. I love hearing stories of great interactions with companies.

Fathom_Arms
10 October 2014, 11:10
Good choice on 1 in 8. I think for a gun that's going to see a lot of 55 & 62gr ammo that twist makes a lot of sense.

Also I'm excited to read the review Modern Arms is going to do on yalls Nitride BCG :D

Thanks! Thats exactly why. Its more consumer friendly. Most of use shoot 55gr and ss109.

DutyUse
10 October 2014, 12:07
Thanks! Thats exactly why. Its more consumer friendly. Most of use shoot 55gr and ss109.

I'm sure you already thought of this but when are we gonna see Fathom do a 16" 1-8 twist with melonite? :D

Fathom_Arms
10 October 2014, 16:07
I'm sure you already thought of this but when are we gonna see Fathom do a 16" 1-8 twist with melonite? :D

Been working on it for close to 3 months now. It will be coming soon. When we make the transition, we will be no longer offering chrome lined.

DutyUse
10 October 2014, 16:13
Been working on it for close to 3 months now. It will be coming soon. When we make the transition, we will be no longer offering chrome lined.

Great just what I need... More parts on the Need list :D

Fathom_Arms
31 October 2014, 16:42
Fathom Arms Mid-Length URG w/ Enhanced Nitride BCG and Geissele MK8 M-LOK

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/JCL_1481_zps6a14ffeb.jpg

DutyUse
31 October 2014, 16:59
That's a great looking URG. What kind of pricing for an upper like that?

Fathom_Arms
31 October 2014, 18:41
That's a great looking URG. What kind of pricing for an upper like that?

About $960 as shown. That includes the Geissele MK8 M-LOK, Triad Flash Hider, BCM Mod 4 Charging Handle, and nitride BCG.

Stone
31 October 2014, 20:30
How does the Low Coefficient of Friction of Nitrocarberizing compare to NiB. I am a big fan of both and am considering a NCB'd BCG on my next build. Is it about the same/better?

JGifford
31 October 2014, 22:08
How does the Low Coefficient of Friction of Nitrocarberizing compare to NiB. I am a big fan of both and am considering a NCB'd BCG on my next build. Is it about the same/better?

I'm not sure on coefficient of friction, however, the only nib bcg I would buy is AAC's. For qpq, I would buy the Fathom unit. It is very well made. If you want a traditional dimension qpq bcg, v7 makes that. I have been running a Fathom qpq bcg for a few hundred rounds now. No opinions to share other than it is very well made, it is wearing evenly. It cleans up fast and easy, as well. I will need some more time before I feel comfortable commenting on any change to reliability, etc.

Eta: Every interaction I have had with Mr. Kemp has been positive and helpful. He knows what he's talking about, and doesn't tell you things he doesn't know about. A pleasant oasis of informed conversation in the typical shooting world.

DutyUse
2 November 2014, 11:08
Got a question for Guy over at Fathom. I had planned on buying a Lantac UAR upper (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6331-LanTac-UAR-Upper&p=71669#post71669) when they come out, and pairing it with one of Y'alls Enhanced Nitride BCG. I know your carrier has a slight difference in it's design, and also the Lantac upper is slightly different aswell. Will I run into any tolerance problems combining the two?

Fathom_Arms
3 November 2014, 08:47
Got a question for Guy over at Fathom. I had planned on buying a Lantac UAR upper (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?6331-LanTac-UAR-Upper&p=71669#post71669) when they come out, and pairing it with one of Y'alls Enhanced Nitride BCG. I know your carrier has a slight difference in it's design, and also the Lantac upper is slightly different aswell. Will I run into any tolerance problems combining the two?

Sorry for the delayed response. I have yet to ran across one upper that our BCG did not fit. I would think the Lantac would be just fine. However, I have not played with a Lantac upper to verify. Has Lantac said if the upper can run with a standard cam pin or does it require the rounded cam pin?

DutyUse
3 November 2014, 08:54
Sorry for the delayed response. I have yet to ran across one upper that our BCG did not fit. I would think the Lantac would be just fine. However, I have not played with a Lantac upper to verify. Has Lantac said if the upper can run with a standard cam pin or does it require the rounded cam pin?

I'm fairly certain all the Lantac Uppers come with their priority cam pin to swap out. However I'm not certain if it will run without the rounded cam pin

Fathom_Arms
3 November 2014, 09:00
I'm fairly certain all the Lantac Uppers come with their priority cam pin to swap out. However I'm not certain if it will run without the rounded cam pin

You should have zero issues then.

DutyUse
3 November 2014, 09:06
Awesome! I've been excited to try your enhanced nitride BCG since y'all first revealed it. I'm sure it'll be every thing I imagined and then some :D

Canexpat
3 November 2014, 14:42
The Nitride BCG offered on your site differs slightly from the Azimuth BCG offered on another site. The Azimuth BCG offered states the bolt assembly components are phosphate coated; your site states bolt assembly components are nitrided. Could you clarify this please?

Fathom_Arms
4 November 2014, 22:24
The Nitride BCG offered on your site differs slightly from the Azimuth BCG offered on another site. The Azimuth BCG offered states the bolt assembly components are phosphate coated; your site states bolt assembly components are nitrided. Could you clarify this please?

Sure thing. Our bolt assembly is nitride. Azimuth is referring to the extractor being phosphate. We had phosphate extractors in the past, but we made the transition to nitride extractors in the summer. We are extremely pleased with the results. I forgot to change that on the website. Its updated now though.

Canexpat
5 November 2014, 06:15
Thank you for the follow up!

Fathom_Arms
7 November 2014, 06:32
Thank you for the follow up!

No worries!

UWone77
17 November 2014, 09:09
Fathom, are you guys planning on making a receiver set?

My buddy Chris seems to be loving that BCG, so I might have to run one too sooner or later.

Fathom_Arms
17 November 2014, 09:34
Fathom, are you guys planning on making a receiver set?

My buddy Chris seems to be loving that BCG, so I might have to run one too sooner or later.

We sure are! It should be in the beginning of 2015.

Thompson
17 November 2014, 11:16
Oh from what I've seen on the interwebs, he definitely loves it haha.

DutyUse
29 December 2014, 15:05
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/FamilyFord23/pew%20pew/fathom_zpsfbea3c95.jpg

What a thing of beauty right? I've been drooling over this BCG since before launch. But fathom is more then amazing products, I'm here to say Guy Kemp may have some of the best customer service of any manufactor I've dealt with. Long story short, on Christmas Eve he went through the trouble of correcting MY large mistake. He truly went above and beyond. Hell I got the BCG less then 5 days later..

Now this thing is slicker then snot. Fresh out the box, unlubed felt like my BCM with froglube. The machining is incredible and you just get the feel of quality when you work the bolt.

Now everything isn't all lollipops and rainbows though, even though the problem is minuscule at worst. First time taking apart the BCG to inspect it, the cotter pin would NOT go back in. I thought maybe I had done something wrong, so I pulled the one from my UCWRG and it went in perfect… so whats a cotter pin 1.50$? I'll take that for such an incredible piece of engineering!

Now to run the piss outta this thing ;D

DutyUse
29 December 2014, 19:12
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/FamilyFord23/pew%20pew/cotterpin_zpsd0f7bba5.jpg

Any pro tips on how to fix this cotter pin? It's spread to far apart and wouldn't slide but about half way in... sucks because I had to steal the one from my UC bcg to get the Fathom back together.

I know if I'm only worried about cotter pins then the fathom is obviously GTG, but still I wanted this thing to run outta the box [crazy]

GOST
29 December 2014, 19:37
Just buy more cotter pins.

DutyUse
29 December 2014, 19:53
Just buy more cotter pins.

Afraid you'd say that..any experience with the KNS permapen?

Fathom_Arms
30 December 2014, 03:16
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/FamilyFord23/pew%20pew/cotterpin_zpsd0f7bba5.jpg

Any pro tips on how to fix this cotter pin? It's spread to far apart and wouldn't slide but about half way in... sucks because I had to steal the one from my UC bcg to get the Fathom back together.

I know if I'm only worried about cotter pins then the fathom is obviously GTG, but still I wanted this thing to run outta the box [crazy]

Glad you got the BCG! The cotter pin will fit, but it is just really tight. Once you get it through the first hole, rotate the cotter pin 90 degrees or so and try and push it the rest of the way in. They all go in because I check them when I break them down, but the tolerances are tight as hell.

Also give a look from the back of the BCG to make sure the cotter pin is level before pushing through the second hole. Once they are in, they don't move around.

After a few range trips it should be good to go. If for some reason you can't get it in, I'll send you a cotter pin.

GOST
30 December 2014, 04:20
Now that's some nice customer service.

DutyUse
30 December 2014, 07:35
Glad you got the BCG! The cotter pin will fit, but it is just really tight. Once you get it through the first hole, rotate the cotter pin 90 degrees or so and try and push it the rest of the way in. They all go in because I check them when I break them down, but the tolerances are tight as hell.

Also give a look from the back of the BCG to make sure the cotter pin is level before pushing through the second hole. Once they are in, they don't move around.

After a few range trips it should be good to go. If for some reason you can't get it in, I'll send you a cotter pin.

I thought I had tried anything and everything to get that back in... will try again the way you suggested.

Thanks again guy! Yall are the best, URG is coming soon

DutyUse
30 December 2014, 08:14
yea its screwed...

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/FamilyFord23/pew%20pew/IMG_1411_zps3160fbaa.jpg

I spun it 90 degrees, 20, 17 etc etc.. It just will NOT go past this point

Once i install another factory pin it slides in like butter? :confused:

EDIT: Just noticed this is a great picture of the quality staking though :D

Fathom_Arms
30 December 2014, 10:12
yea its screwed...

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/FamilyFord23/pew%20pew/IMG_1411_zps3160fbaa.jpg

I spun it 90 degrees, 20, 17 etc etc.. It just will NOT go past this point

Once i install another factory pin it slides in like butter? :confused:

EDIT: Just noticed this is a great picture of the quality staking though :D

Sorry you are having difficulty getting it back in. I will send you out one. Sometimes the way the cotter pin is clipped, it makes a sharp corner. Try running a file on the corners. I'm still send you a new one regardless. So if you get it to work, you will have a spare.

DutyUse
30 December 2014, 10:17
Don't worry about it. I'll go pick one up from the local gun shop. Just couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

How the hell did Yall get it in - in the first place lol?

Fathom_Arms
30 December 2014, 10:21
Don't worry about it. I'll go pick one up from the local gun shop. Just couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

How the hell did Yall get it in - in the first place lol?

What I usually do is insert the cotter pin until it barerly touches the other side, then I rotate it roughly 90 degrees and then look at the backside of the firepin to make sure its level. Then I slide it home free. usually goes in great.

But regardless, I need to start filing the corners of the cotter pins to make initiall install easier. After they get broke in, they are usually good to go.

Computalotapus
30 December 2014, 11:09
Yeah I had a BCG from another vendor that I used to dread taking apart to clean. That cotter pin used to drive me crazy. I found out looking down the backside of the bcg to very the pin was level made it a lot easier to get back in. After about 6 trips to the range its good and broke in now and I have no issues with it.

DutyUse
30 December 2014, 13:43
I tried stripping the carrier out ( no bolt, fp nothing) to see if I could just get the pin in and still couldn't...

Tried the same thing in my UCWRG stripped carrier, no bueno. When I look at two pins side by side, it looks like it's just spread to far apart to make it in, regardless of how I turn it, or how hard I push...

Actually I've been trying at it so much the finish has worn off on the cotter pin in some spots

EDIT: Beveled the leading edges ever so slightly and still nothing. This is so weird, I'm not saying I'm the AR guru but I've cleaned my fair share of BCG's and never had a problem with a Cotter? Went ahead a bought (3x) on amazon for 5.23 shipped, so thank you tremendously for the offer, but don't worry about it Mr. Kemp, you've already done me well and gained a customer for life [:D][:D]

Fathom_Arms
31 December 2014, 03:57
I tried stripping the carrier out ( no bolt, fp nothing) to see if I could just get the pin in and still couldn't...

Tried the same thing in my UCWRG stripped carrier, no bueno. When I look at two pins side by side, it looks like it's just spread to far apart to make it in, regardless of how I turn it, or how hard I push...

Actually I've been trying at it so much the finish has worn off on the cotter pin in some spots

EDIT: Beveled the leading edges ever so slightly and still nothing. This is so weird, I'm not saying I'm the AR guru but I've cleaned my fair share of BCG's and never had a problem with a Cotter? Went ahead a bought (3x) on amazon for 5.23 shipped, so thank you tremendously for the offer, but don't worry about it Mr. Kemp, you've already done me well and gained a customer for life [:D][:D]

No worries at all! Its deffinitly an issue I need to address. Just to make installation a bit less problematic.

Fathom_Arms
20 February 2015, 15:42
Hey Gang!

Some of you may already know, but in case you did not. RangerProof has tested the Enhanced BCG out to a documented 17,000 rounds. The wear of the nitride also looks great! If you have been on the fence about buying one of our carriers, this should give you some confidence!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/IMG_1853_zpsj2fu4yqa.png

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/IMG_1852_zpsprssmteu.png

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/10945750_744068475648897_4232518755935248976_n_zps rjvvz1s7.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/10302305_750072578381820_4719286483401791791_n-1_zpshkgu5mpa.jpg

Pyzik
20 February 2015, 15:45
Nice. I am short one BCG...

DutyUse
20 February 2015, 18:38
Hey Gang!

Some of you may already know, but in case you did not. RangerProof has tested the Enhanced BCG out to a documented 17,000 rounds. The wear of the nitride also looks great! If you have been on the fence about buying one of our carriers, this should give you some confidence!

Impressive testing and results! Though not unexpected, your enhanced bcg are quickly becoming my overall favorite. Where can we read about the results of his testing Guy?

Farva
20 February 2015, 21:15
Welcome welcome!

Fathom_Arms
22 February 2015, 14:32
Impressive testing and results! Though not unexpected, your enhanced bcg are quickly becoming my overall favorite. Where can we read about the results of his testing Guy?

That was just put on his instagram account. I'm not to sure what processes he used other than "beating the piss out of it" haha

UWone77
22 February 2015, 14:36
That was just put on his instagram account. I'm not to sure what processes he used other than "beating the piss out of it" haha

Sounds scientific. [:D]

One of these days I'll have to try out some nitride BCG.

DutyUse
22 February 2015, 17:19

Oh ok. I'm about 280 rounds into a 500 no oil, adverse conditions test with mine. So far it's run like a top. I've even surprised myself with a few halfway decent photos for the review. Should have it up next week if it'll ever quit snowing

Fathom_Arms
27 February 2015, 15:38
Oh ok. I'm about 280 rounds into a 500 no oil, adverse conditions test with mine. So far it's run like a top. I've even surprised myself with a few halfway decent photos for the review. Should have it up next week if it'll ever quit snowing

Sounds awesome! Looking forward to reading it.

Fathom_Arms
27 February 2015, 15:39
Sounds scientific. [:D]

One of these days I'll have to try out some nitride BCG.

Yeah! You need to!

Fathom_Arms
27 February 2015, 17:40
Forgot to mention, I have been M.I.A. on the site for a bit due to me being overseas (East Africa) doing some contract work. I am back now and will be on here more often.

GOST
27 February 2015, 17:47
Glad to have you back.

Fathom_Arms
27 February 2015, 17:52
Glad to have you back.

Thanks man!

GOST
28 April 2015, 06:44
I was checking out Fathom Arms FB page today and ran across this pic from Crossfire. Does anyone know what trigger this ?

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11013438_781772185211859_9070845266724251486_n.jpg ?oh=55c2494e81f4fd1b25c413801ecb2535&oe=559E993B

Dstrbdmedic167
28 April 2015, 07:58
I was checking out Fathom Arms FB page today and ran across this pic from Crossfire. Does anyone know what trigger this ?

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11013438_781772185211859_9070845266724251486_n.jpg ?oh=55c2494e81f4fd1b25c413801ecb2535&oe=559E993B

Ask and you shall receive. It's a Rise Armament drop in. First I've seen of it too. Looks nice!

http://www.risearmament.com/parts-and-accessories?product_id=58

Aragorn
28 April 2015, 08:04
Hmm, that seems cool. Kinda glad I just got the Sd3G, or I may have found myself with a decision making delimma.

GOST
28 April 2015, 09:56
I've got a SD3G on a rifle, it's become my favorite trigger.

UWone77
11 May 2015, 09:02
Got this last week, so I haven't shot it yet, but wow... the BCG surface is very smooth and slick. I only have experience with one other Nitride BCG, which is a Noveske branded RCA carrier. It feels much slicker than the RCA. My buddy Chris Tran raves about the performance, so I can't wait to get this to the range. I think the standard carrier is quite a deal, especially at the group buy price.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_3431_zpsvqqjiwuo.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_3431_zpsvqqjiwuo.jpg.html)

DutyUse
11 May 2015, 13:04
Wait until you've cycled the action a few hundred times, it'll get even slicker. With my Enhanced it's almost as if the upper & BCG have sync'd to one another the more i've broken it in. When I cycle the action of my BCM upper i'm disappointed in comparison lol...

GOST
11 May 2015, 20:20
Wait until you've cycled the action a few hundred times, it'll get even slicker. With my Enhanced it's almost as if the upper & BCG have sync'd to one another the more i've broken it in. When I cycle the action of my BCM upper i'm disappointed in comparison lol...

Some little birdy says their customer service is as good as their quality.[:D]

DutyUse
12 May 2015, 00:44
Some little birdy says their customer service is as good as their quality.[:D]

No argument there, Fathom stands behind their products and customers for sure. But it sounds like this little birdy of yours was a clumsy, over anxious buyer... thank goodness the mistake was with an honest company because it was 100% customer induced.

nijikon84
15 May 2015, 10:34
Welp!

I went in on the WEVO GB. $99 is just too good.

Also, subsequently purchased a Fathom E-BCG to replace the Noveske marked RCA BCG.

That GB was seriously a gateway to more spending lol.

velocity2006
15 May 2015, 10:38
That GB was seriously a gateway to more spending lol.

This entire forum is a gateway to an empty wallet.

nijikon84
15 May 2015, 10:48
This entire forum is a gateway to an empty wallet.

That is more true than you'll ever know, brother.

I'm on here because of Stick's 100k giveaway, but this small community has a LOT of good info.

I stuck around because of GOST and UWone's updates on upcoming products

Stuff I'd like to buy this year:
Mega Arms Wedgelock
LANTAC Intermediate 14.5 Barrel
KAC SR-15 E3 Mod2 M-LOK Upper
NightForce ATACR F1 5-25x56

Possibly a Hodge Defense Au-Mod 2 and LaRue PredatOBR 7.62

Not to mention thousands of rounds of ammo, another Aimpoint or two, and an EXPS3-0

UWone77
15 May 2015, 12:32
That is more true than you'll ever know, brother.

I'm on here because of Stick's 100k giveaway, but this small community has a LOT of good info.

I stuck around because of GOST and UWone's updates on upcoming products

Stuff I'd like to buy this year:
Mega Arms Wedgelock
LANTAC Intermediate 14.5 Barrel
KAC SR-15 E3 Mod2 M-LOK Upper
NightForce ATACR F1 5-25x56

Possibly a Hodge Defense Au-Mod 2 and LaRue PredatOBR 7.62

Not to mention thousands of rounds of ammo, another Aimpoint or two, and an EXPS3-0

That's quite a good list of wants for the year! Almost mirrors mine.

GOST
15 May 2015, 14:14
My list is a lot smaller, my 10 year anniversary is this year and its cutting into the funds. And now I'm probably gonna want whatever this Avalanche is that's coming from Rainier Arms.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11111802_363351060539955_8811489216106228841_n.jpg ?oh=84179e03ac14c424660b983c6ea384a9&oe=55C8C148

Dstrbdmedic167
15 May 2015, 14:31
My list is a lot smaller, my 10 year anniversary is this year and its cutting into the funds. And now I'm probably gonna want whatever this Avalanche is that's coming from Rainier Arms.

It's my 5th anniversary this year and our 10th together. So I feel ya there.

I noticed this a couple weeks ago and I'm intrigued as well.

nijikon84
15 May 2015, 16:37
Speaking of anniversaries, my 3rd is coming up next week.

Sadly, wife is super busy with her last CPA section. We'll have a nice Memorial Day long weekend celebration though.

I also wanted to give a huge shoutout to Fathom Arms for the great products and outstanding customer service. Should be receiving both the Milspec BCG and E-BCG together next week! Super excited as the Milspec will be going in on a MK12 style build ( Centurion C4 rail, OdinWorks DMR 18" Rifle Gas Barrel, Vortex 2.5-10x32FFP ). The E-BCG is replacing a Noveske Marked RCA BCG in my Noveske Gen3 Recon Rifle.

By the way, I have no idea what the Avalanche could be but I want one! [BD]

GOST
15 May 2015, 16:53
Glad to have you here Nijikon, look forward to seeing pics of the Fathom BCG's in your rifles.

UWone77
15 May 2015, 16:57
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/11200574_10206716770539302_1945098685892510196_n_z pssh2ohoyq.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/11200574_10206716770539302_1945098685892510196_n_z pssh2ohoyq.jpg.html)

six8
15 May 2015, 16:58
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab55/UWone77/11200574_10206716770539302_1945098685892510196_n_z pssh2ohoyq.jpg (http://s849.photobucket.com/user/UWone77/media/11200574_10206716770539302_1945098685892510196_n_z pssh2ohoyq.jpg.html)
Uhh

GOST
15 May 2015, 17:14

Gonna have to get one of those, I like the one on the right.

DutyUse
15 May 2015, 21:53
Speaking of anniversaries, my 3rd is coming up next week.

Sadly, wife is super busy with her last CPA section. We'll have a nice Memorial Day long weekend celebration though.

I also wanted to give a huge shoutout to Fathom Arms for the great products and outstanding customer service. Should be receiving both the Milspec BCG and E-BCG together next week! Super excited as the Milspec will be going in on a MK12 style build ( Centurion C4 rail, OdinWorks DMR 18" Rifle Gas Barrel, Vortex 2.5-10x32FFP ). The E-BCG is replacing a Noveske Marked RCA BCG in my Noveske Gen3 Recon Rifle.

By the way, I have no idea what the Avalanche could be but I want one! [BD]

That's funny. I also run a fathom ebcg in my gen 3 as well. I picked the Fathom over what I coulda had at RCA. I liked them enough I'll have a Fathom in all my Noveskes soon.

Luckily the hodge mod2 comes with a nice nitride bcg or I'd run a fathom in that too when I finally get my mitts on one.

nijikon84
16 May 2015, 00:43
That's funny. I also run a fathom ebcg in my gen 3 as well. I picked the Fathom over what I coulda had at RCA. I liked them enough I'll have a Fathom in all my Noveskes soon.

Luckily the hodge mod2 comes with a nice nitride bcg or I'd run a fathom in that too when I finally get my mitts on one.

I really want the AU-Mod2, but I'm eyeing the KAC SR15 Mod2 MLok. I also just sold my KAC Mod1 and BCM KMR ( waiting on the BFH ELW ).

I'll post pics of the Fathom BCGs in the uppers once they come in.

KevinBLC
16 May 2015, 21:33
I wonder how the latches on the avalanche is going to be secured.

Anyways, you guys are getting me looking into the fathom bcg more and more. looks like a great product. does the nitride clean up as good as the nib?

Fathom_Arms
17 May 2015, 09:24

Anyways, you guys are getting me looking into the fathom bcg more and more. looks like a great product. does the nitride clean up as good as the nib?

It sure does! Even better actually! Does not stain the surface either.....because it already black! :)

GOST
17 May 2015, 13:41

The latches are hollow and slide over a rod, then you insert a screw to lock them in place.

gatordev
17 May 2015, 13:44
Wait GOST, you are still talking about a charging handle, right?

GOST
17 May 2015, 14:53
Yes

gatordev
17 May 2015, 16:43
I think my 7th grade humor may have been missed.

voodoo_man
17 May 2015, 19:13

...why do I not have one of these?

UWone77
29 May 2015, 21:08
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/IMG_3442_zpsjezxel45.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/IMG_3442_zpsjezxel45.jpg.html)

JGifford
30 May 2015, 00:59

I've never had NiB, but I've had Nitride BCG's before, and you could literally wipe the bolt tail perfectly clean with a paper towel and some FIREClean after a few hundred rounds after you flaked a bit of carbon off (easily) with your thumb-nail.

JGifford
30 May 2015, 01:01

I'm really just not excited by these, honestly. The one on the far right looks okay, the others look like they might go well with something Jesse James is throwing together. For my money though, I think I'm going to go with the original ambi-CH inventor and grab a Badger Ordinance.

One of my complaints about the Avalanche aside from the ghetto low-rider bling-bling look, is that the back of it is flat and open. Have fun with that shooting suppressed!

https://www.triadtactical.com/images/D/image-02.jpg

voodoo_man
11 June 2015, 08:37
http://i.imgur.com/NE8kQAh.jpg

Fathom_Arms
12 June 2015, 17:25
http://i.imgur.com/NE8kQAh.jpg

Nice shot!!

Dstrbdmedic167
12 June 2015, 17:28
Agreed! Nice shot!!

JGifford
13 June 2015, 07:09
Fine, fine, I can't see that and not order one. Done.

JGifford
16 June 2015, 09:57
Hey Gang!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/10945750_744068475648897_4232518755935248976_n_zps rjvvz1s7.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/10302305_750072578381820_4719286483401791791_n-1_zpshkgu5mpa.jpg

That BCG now has 26K rounds on it. NO replacement parts needed, etc.
He has some of the other first one's with over 50K rounds on them. No issues.

OF special note and interest, is the cam-pin. You can easily see the reflection of the light on the cam-pin surface depicting little to no deformity from the cam-pin track and bolt . This matters because the more deformity exists, the more slop exists. The more slop, the more shock-loading. The more shock-loading, the more likely you are to pop the bolt. Cam-pin wear can directly contribute to bolt failure.

WarEagle
10 July 2015, 18:00
I need to pick one of these up.

UWone77
25 October 2015, 23:35
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/5S3A3615_zpswglmricd.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/5S3A3615_zpswglmricd.jpg.html)

toolboxluis00200
26 October 2015, 05:09
Cool magpul card

Pyzik
26 October 2015, 05:32
http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/5S3A3615_zpswglmricd.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/5S3A3615_zpswglmricd.jpg.html)
That is awesome

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Joelski
26 October 2015, 06:29
Bring back the spade logo BC so I can buy one, please. ;)

DutyUse
26 October 2015, 07:33
Bring back the spade logo BC so I can buy one, please. ;)

Which one are you looking for? The Enhanced or regular nitride? If you do decide to buy the new logo one I'll trade you for a nib spade style.

Joelski
26 October 2015, 08:03
Dutyuse, I just broke down and got a phosphate Rainier Saturday, but I might be tempted to buy it outright after next payday if you still have it. I knew I should have put out a call, but spares never hurt. :D

DutyUse
28 October 2015, 03:06
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/28/67ccac3190e2f1543e702b28f96330bb.jpg

Fathom & San Tan Tactical receiver sets

GOST
28 October 2015, 04:11
Those look sexy, would be nice to have the spade engraved on the other side also.

Joelski
28 October 2015, 04:20
These guys need to do an H.R. Geiger set. That would be the ultimate badass engraving job!!!

DutyUse
28 October 2015, 05:25
Those look sexy, would be nice to have the spade engraved on the other side also.

Yea that would be cool. Or a 3D spade cutout like on the Stickman Set

UWone77
28 October 2015, 20:34
The Royal Flush.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/richdkim77/5S3A3614_zpshsjdaysu.jpg (http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/richdkim77/media/5S3A3614_zpshsjdaysu.jpg.html)

DutyUse
28 October 2015, 22:04
Nice shot UW. Probably one of my favorite photos at the moment

DutyUse
1 November 2015, 16:56
Stole this photo from BDL's Facebook feed...

If you look close you may see a spade or twenty ;)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/69856eb672e169bb2f6e1dfc8fc2e20e.jpg

Fathom_Arms
12 November 2015, 19:04

This is an awesome pic!

toolboxluis00200
12 November 2015, 19:42

Super shiny

Fathom_Arms
13 November 2015, 12:01
Super shiny

This better?[:D]

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/IMG_5670_zpsac6knttg.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/IMG_5669_zpszdodnefr.jpg

Stickman
27 January 2016, 23:34

Fathom_Arms
31 January 2016, 14:55

Awesome shot!

UWone77
31 January 2016, 15:28
Awesome shot!

You getting the standard carriers in stock soon?

Joelski
1 February 2016, 13:17
Will do man. Thanks for having us on board!

We decided to finally make the jump and do our first forum sponsorship. Great to be here and if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/FathomArmsEnhancedAR15BCGwwwfathomarmscom_zps2e72c 684.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/stackingclose_zps8896fb61.jpg

GAHHH!!!!! STOP Posting UNOBTANIUM!!!!

DeviantLogic
1 February 2016, 14:28
Just for you Joelski...

UWone77
1 February 2016, 16:09
Just for you Joelski...

I think he meant the Spade Logo'ed ones. [BD]

DutyUse
1 February 2016, 16:52
GAHHH!!!!! STOP Posting UNOBTANIUM!!!!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/01/a1cf49ddb6e8209b980374ec2f1d9293.jpg

Hey bro heard you like spades [BD]

UWone77
1 February 2016, 17:01
I wish Guy had kept the spade logo for the BCG's. They were pretty sick IMHO just for aesthetics.

mtdawg169
1 February 2016, 17:07
I wish Guy had kept the spade logo for the BCG's. They were pretty sick IMHO just for aesthetics.
Agreed!

titanse05
1 February 2016, 17:55
I wish Guy had kept the spade logo for the BCG's. They were pretty sick IMHO just for aesthetics.Indeed. Glad my two Fathom BCGs have the spade.

DutyUse
1 February 2016, 18:35
I really wish I could've got a subdued spade logo

mustangfreek
2 February 2016, 03:31
Nice looking bcg's...

Said it before, but have not played with the nitrided bcgs, only the phosh& nib ones...One day.. lol

Fathom_Arms
10 February 2016, 16:15

You never know!! If more than 10 people want some, I would be more than willing to do a special run of throwback spades!

Fathom_Arms
10 February 2016, 16:16
You getting the standard carriers in stock soon?

Standard carriers are in stock now.

Fathom_Arms
10 February 2016, 16:17
Just for you Joelski...

That is an awesome photo! If you put that on social media, please tag us and I'll repost it.

UWone77
10 February 2016, 16:55
You never know!! If more than 10 people want some, I would be more than willing to do a special run of throwback spades!

Ok, who is in for a Spade BCG? I'm down for 2 standard.

Josh S.
10 February 2016, 17:21
What would the price be? I may be in if I can sell my scope in time.

alamo5000
10 February 2016, 17:36

Price?

I like the spade logo a lot better.

UWone77
10 February 2016, 17:56
Prices are the same as the website for current carriers, even though he has to send them out for a different engraving. Free shipping as well.

$159.99 for the standard carrier, $199.99 for the Enhanced. Your choice on what you want. Many on this board and I can attest to the fact these are some of the finest Nitride carriers on the market.

DutyUse
10 February 2016, 18:31
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/10/a55d3536ee8986e3f9b71ebde0cafe47.jpg

Enhanced BCG eye candy.

These things are incredibly well machined. You honestly can't appreciate the quality until you get one in hand

DeviantLogic
11 February 2016, 01:18

I'd be down for one. I like the enhanced, but would take whatever is produced.

Farva
11 February 2016, 02:50
I'd be down for one. I like the enhanced, but would take whatever is produced.

Ditto. I'd be down for a spade.

SINNER
13 February 2016, 11:30

I'm in for 2 more of the standard ones if not too late.

UWone77
13 February 2016, 11:36
Well so far that's 6,

DeviantLogic 1
SINNER 2
Farva 1
Me 2

Unless I forgot someone.

RiverRat
13 February 2016, 11:55
I can go in for one from this run if you need it to make the numbers needed.

velocity2006
13 February 2016, 12:20
Are you guys making the new Triarc E-BCGs? They look almost identical to the Fathom Arms Enhanced BCG minus the logo.
Pictured on their FB, they are also using custom ST receivers like you guys did as well.
https://www.facebook.com/triarcsystems/

Anyone on the fence about these carriers should get one. They awesome, have over 300 rounds through the 300BLK at this point, and it's flawless. Carbon wipes off about as well as with the Lantac, super easy cleaning compared to a standard milspec bcg.

UWone77
13 February 2016, 12:58
Are you guys making the new Triarc E-BCGs? They look almost identical to the Fathom Arms Enhanced BCG minus the logo.
Pictured on their FB, they are also using custom ST receivers like you guys did as well.
https://www.facebook.com/triarcsystems/

Anyone on the fence about these carriers should get one. They awesome, have over 300 rounds through the 300BLK at this point, and it's flawless. Carbon wipes off about as well as with the Lantac, super easy cleaning compared to a standard milspec bcg.

Azimuth makes all these carriers, obviously different companies have different specs and variances... and only one has the Spade.

velocity2006
13 February 2016, 13:34
Ahh cool, was pretty sure these were being cut in the same place.

DeviantLogic
13 February 2016, 14:13
Azimuth makes all these carriers, obviously different companies have different specs and variances... and only one has the Spade.

...and only one has Guy Kemp personally inspecting each carrier that goes out the door. Quality is second to none.

https://youtu.be/qcEUBcoR8Ks

Fathom_Arms
20 February 2016, 15:23
...and only one has Guy Kemp personally inspecting each carrier that goes out the door. Quality is second to none.

https://youtu.be/qcEUBcoR8Ks

Thank you for the kind words! More than a few other companies saw the success we had with our line and sought out our OEM manufacturer to try and shut us out or cut into or sales. No biggie! One thing they have a hard time with is that the products do not necessarily show up looking like ours. This is 100% due to our QC and what we consider acceptable for our customers. Sort of why I am so confident about offering a lifetime warranty. It's easy for a new company to stalk our Instagram, Facebook, or gun forums to find out who makes our gear then just try to copy and paste the formula. But it is never 100% the same.

Out of all the BCGs we have sold, only two returns. These were for a customer having a hard time getting an ejector pin out (sent a brand new bolt out) and a barrel extension issue with the other (Which I sent my own E-BCG out of my personal rifle as a replacement and tossed the customers E-BCG in my rifle.)

We really did not keep our OEM a secret in the beginning either. This was in an effort to be 100% transparent with our customers. But, we hardly ever mention it now and we keep any improvements made to our BCGs quite.

Besides, we are designing something that will be just ours anyways.....

velocity2006
20 February 2016, 18:25
I have zero bad things to say about my EBCG. Runs like a champ in my 300 and cleans super easy.

Just noticed the Triarc one looked very similar.

Joelski
20 February 2016, 18:32
I'm confused, is the GB for a bcg, or just the carrier?

DeviantLogic
20 February 2016, 19:38
I'm confused, is the GB for a bcg, or just the carrier?

It's for the full bolt carrier group. Just like what you'd get on their website except with the large spade logo. http://fathomarms.com/product-category/ar-15-upper-receivers-components/bolt-carrier-groups/

UWone77
20 February 2016, 20:30
7 are in for the Group Buy. 3 more if you guys are interested in the Original Spade logo.

Deadwing
20 February 2016, 23:38
7 are in for the Group Buy. 3 more if you guys are interested in the Original Spade logo.

I don't really need a BCG, but the chance to get the original Spade logo is too good to pass up.

Put me down for one Enhanced and one Standard.

JGifford
21 February 2016, 00:54
Thank you for the kind words! More than a few other companies saw the success we had with our line and sought out our OEM manufacturer to try and shut us out or cut into or sales. No biggie! One thing they have a hard time with is that the products do not necessarily show up looking like ours. This is 100% due to our QC and what we consider acceptable for our customers. Sort of why I am so confident about offering a lifetime warranty. It's easy for a new company to stalk our Instagram, Facebook, or gun forums to find out who makes our gear then just try to copy and paste the formula. But it is never 100% the same.

Out of all the BCGs we have sold, only two returns. These were for a customer having a hard time getting an ejector pin out (sent a brand new bolt out) and a barrel extension issue with the other (Which I sent my own E-BCG out of my personal rifle as a replacement and tossed the customers E-BCG in my rifle.)

We really did not keep our OEM a secret in the beginning either. This was in an effort to be 100% transparent with our customers. But, we hardly ever mention it now and we keep any improvements made to our BCGs quite.

Besides, we are designing something that will be just ours anyways.....

Having dealt personally with Guy, I can vouch for this. Just buying a bcg from his oem will not net the same results. I would opine, though, that Guy's Oem is not his personal skunkworks. They make excellent equipment for a LOT of companies, and bcg's are just the tip of the iceberg. That said...when you buy a bcg from Guy, it's like you're getting one from THEIR skunkworks. He goes through them and makes sure they are right, and the results are tangible.

Joelski
21 February 2016, 04:57
What's the time frame?

Fathom_Arms
21 February 2016, 15:16
What's the time frame?

It looks like we have 9 total, I believe. Once we get an even 10, everyone can go online and purchase the BCGs on the site and in the comments section of the order put "Spade Logo" or similar. I'm guessing around 2 weeks to get everything done.

UWone77
21 February 2016, 15:46
Last count of 9 is correct:

Deadwing 1 Standard, 1 Enhanced
RiverRat 1 (did not specify what kind of carrier)
DeviantLogic 1 Enhanced
SINNER 2 Standard
Farva 1 Enhanced
Me 2 Standard

RiverRat
21 February 2016, 16:17
Updated with preference:

RiverRat 1 Standard
DeviantLogic 1 Enhanced
SINNER 2 Standard
Farva 1 Enhanced
Me 2 Standard[/QUOTE]

Joelski
22 February 2016, 14:11
Definitely interested but its dropping too soon for my wallet. I already jumped in on the BUIS gb. Of course, if somebody has an extra on their hands in a couple weeks, I could be in! That would probably take a build falling through and I ain't gonna root for that.

Fathom_Arms
22 February 2016, 15:24
Updated with preference:

RiverRat 1 Standard
DeviantLogic 1 Enhanced
SINNER 2 Standard
Farva 1 Enhanced
Me 2 Standard[/QUOTE]

Got it! We should have one more here shortly. For those who reserved one, go ahead and hop on the site and place your orders! Remember to allow roughly two weeks.

Thompson
22 February 2016, 15:26
Per our conversation, put me down for 1 Enhanced BCG.

Thanks Guy!

UWone77
22 February 2016, 15:30
Got it! We should have one more here shortly. For those who reserved one, go ahead and hop on the site and place your orders! Remember to allow roughly two weeks.[/QUOTE]

Do we need to put down any notes in the order specifying this is for the Spade Logo?

Thanks for doing this Guy.

Thompson
22 February 2016, 15:37
Do we need to put down any notes in the order specifying this is for the Spade Logo?
I believe Guy said to put something like "Spade Logo" into the order comments.

Deadwing
22 February 2016, 17:24
Order placed! Thanks for making this happen, Guy!

Josh S.
22 February 2016, 18:31
So is 10 the limit or minimum?

UWone77
22 February 2016, 18:32
So is 10 the limit or minimum?

Minimum.

fledge
22 February 2016, 18:57
How did I miss this!?

One enhanced with spade logo for me.

ETA: order placed!

Thompson
22 February 2016, 19:37
How did I miss this!?
Believe me, I almost did too.

MCA
22 February 2016, 19:38
Am I too late to be added to the list? Love the "spade logo".

Even if I am too late for the spade logo I am still curious about the difference in y'alls preference between the standard vs enhanced BCG from Fathom. I am planning on putting one in a factory stock Daniel Defense M4V3 (soon to be suppressed with a Griffin Recce 5) and was wondering why the slight preference toward the standard? Is it simply the cost difference or, in my relative newness to the AR world, something else that I am missing?

Thanks for any replies and your time. Much appreciated...

--Mike

EDIT: Just saw the "10 minimum order" posts! Nursing this Guinness Extra Stout a little too much while typing I guess....

UWone77
22 February 2016, 19:42

Even if I am too late for the spade logo I am still curious about the difference in y'alls preference between the standard vs enhanced BCG from Fathom. I am planning on putting one in a factory stock Daniel Defense M4V3 (soon to be suppressed with a Griffin Recce 5) and was wondering why the slight preference toward the standard? Is it simply the cost difference or, in my relative newness to the AR world, something else that I am missing?

--Mike

Not too late, just go to the Fathom site, order your carrier as you normally would, and add WEVO Spade Logo to the notes. Guy will get you setup.

MCA
22 February 2016, 20:02
Not too late, just go to the Fathom site, order your carrier as you normally would, and add WEVO Spade Logo to the notes. Guy will get you setup.

Thank you Sir. Appreciate the reply.

SINNER
22 February 2016, 20:29

--Mike

EDIT: Just saw the "10 minimum order" posts! Nursing this Guinness Extra Stout a little too much while typing I guess....

Claims to reduce carrier tilt and therefore less wear and drag. Definitely less bearing surfaces in contact with the upper receiver which is good, again less wear and minimized drag. Increased weight so the rifle may run slightly smoother also. I can tell you that all the BCG's I have from Fathom are flawless.

MCA
23 February 2016, 06:12
Claims to reduce carrier tilt and therefore less wear and drag. Definitely less bearing surfaces in contact with the upper receiver which is good, again less wear and minimized drag. Increased weight so the rifle may run slightly smoother also. I can tell you that all the BCG's I have from Fathom are flawless.

Thanks for the reply and for your experience SINNER. I appreciate it.

Fathom_Arms
23 February 2016, 14:02
Alright, here is the updated list. Thank you very much for letting me do this for you guys! Those on this list who haven't yet hopped on the site and paid, don't forget, it makes it a whole lot easier for me to organize.

Deadening - 1 Standard, 1 Enhanced
RiverRat - 1 Standard
DeviantLogic - 1 Enhanced
SINNER - 2 Standard
Farva - 1 Enhanced
UWone77 - 2 Standard
Thompson - 1 Enhanced
Fledge - 1 Enhanced

I am going to give this until tomorrow morning just in case there are one or two stragglers!

MCA
23 February 2016, 14:23
Please count me in for 1 standard and 1 enhanced spade logo and thank you Guy for the PM! I really appreciate your time and efforts. Will jump on your site in a few and order both of them. Thanks again to y'all here at WEVO and Guy at Fathom!

--Mike

Alright here is the updated list. Thank you very much for letting me do this for you guys! Those on this list who haven't yet hoped on the site and paid, don't forget, it makes it a whole lot easier for me to organize.

Deadening - 1 Standard, 1 Enhanced
RiverRat - 1 Standard
DeviantLogic - 1 Enhanced
SINNER - 2 Standard
Farva - 1 Enhanced
UWone77 - 2 Standard
Thompson - 1 Enhanced
Fledge - 1 Enhanced

I am going to give this until tomorrow morning just in case there are one or two stragglers!

MCA
23 February 2016, 16:54
Please count me in for 1 standard and 1 enhanced spade logo and thank you Guy for the PM! I really appreciate your time and efforts. Will jump on your site in a few and order both of them. Thanks again to y'all here at WEVO and Guy at Fathom!

--Mike

Just ordered. Thanks again Guy. Looking forward to it.

UWone77
24 February 2016, 21:04
Just paid for mine... hope a few more of you stragglers got in on it.

Fathom_Arms
25 February 2016, 14:29
Just paid for mine... hope a few more of you stragglers got in on it.

Yep! A few did! Thank you! So cool doing a throwback logo!

Fathom_Arms
25 February 2016, 14:30
Just ordered. Thanks again Guy. Looking forward to it.

No problem!

Fathom_Arms
7 March 2016, 16:55
Alright, I figured I would hop on here and give everyone a few updates.

1. The BCGs should be back from coating this week. I plan on inspecting them, lasering them, then final inspection and shipping. So, plan on another week or two. Sorry for the delay. Coating was backed up due to the massive amount of other items needing coating due to SHOT Show traffic (Still) Due to this delay, I will be putting a ton of swag in each box.

2. The Fathom Barrels. Since I posted up that we will be offering barrels, I have had a ton of requests for more information. Thank you all! I am grateful that you all like our products and appreciate the time and effort we spend making sure the end user (you guys) get the best product possible. Photo below (No airbrushing applied to either photo)

Barrel Specs:

5.56/.223
4150V (Stress Relieved) IAW Mil-B-11595
16"
1/7 or 1/8 twist (1/8 will most likely be done in small batches due to demand on 1/7)
Button Rifled
Mid-Length Gas System
Nitride Coated
1/2" 28" TPI

Price: $149.95 (Email to purchase, will be up on the site shortly)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/Barrel_zpslb9cabri.jpg

3. Fathom Nitride Gas Blocks.

Nitride Coated
For .750 Barrels
Honed
Two Set Screws

Price: $34.95

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/71Novacaine/Gas%20Block_zpsudiqoiyx.jpg

Sorry if this is abrupt. Bad weather down here.

alamo5000
7 March 2016, 17:29
Do you have any plans to offer any other barrel lengths?

UWone77
7 March 2016, 17:31
Ordered the 1/8 [:D]

Fathom is working on a nice GB price for you guys after the Carriers.

Fathom_Arms
7 March 2016, 17:47

abso-frigging-lutely

.300BLK as well!

Thompson
7 March 2016, 17:49

1. The BCGs should be back from coating this week. I plan on inspecting them, lasering them, then final inspection and shipping. So, plan on another week or two. Sorry for the delay. Coating was backed up due to the massive amount of other items needing coating due to SHOT Show traffic (Still) Due to this delay, I will be putting a ton of swag in each box.

2. The Fathom Barrels. Since I posted up that we will be offering barrels, I have had a ton of requests for more information. Thank you all! I am grateful that you all like our products and appreciate the time and effort we spend making sure the end user (you guys) get the best product possible. Photo below (No airbrushing applied to either photo)
No problemo at all Guy. No need to apologize! I'm just happy you were willing to do another run of the Spade logos for us [:D]

Any plans in the future on different barrel contours?

UWone77
7 March 2016, 17:52

I need a 10.5" 5.56 and like an 8 or 8.5" 300 BLK in the future.

Tyrannosaur
7 March 2016, 18:12
I'm all about a barrel with 1:8 twist and a pinned gas block. If there's a group buy I'm in. Well either way but I am interested especially if there's a group buy

UWone77
7 March 2016, 18:13
I'm all about a barrel with 1:8 twist and a pinned gas block. If there's a group buy I'm in. Well either way but I am interested especially if there's a group buy

Guy will chime in later about the Group Buy. I think he wants to put the BCG one to bed first.

I bought the 1:8. Surprised more people don't go with 1:8

alamo5000
7 March 2016, 18:16
abso-frigging-lutely

.300BLK as well!

Any ideas about what lengths?

If I could make a small suggestion...something that has been a royal PITA for me and others...

Whatever barrels you end up making either cut them a little longer or shorter by 1/4 of an inch or whatever so that we can get good hand guard/suppressor combo fits. There is only one place that I know of that has done that.

I think if you do that, more or less cut 'unique' lengths to accomodate suppressors and rail combos you would open up a larger market for yourself.

It sucks trying to find those fits and/or having to settle for something less than what the end user wants.

Do like a 12.7" barrel to accomodate 11" handguards...you get the idea...

alamo5000
7 March 2016, 18:20

I have one barrel that is 1:7 and one that is 1:8. My 1:8 loves 69gr bullets... I haven't figured out what the 1:7 loves yet.

I guess 1:7 is more popular merely because of the 'more is better' mentality... Not sure... any ideas?

UWone77
7 March 2016, 18:21
I have one barrel that is 1:7 and one that is 1:8. My 1:8 loves 69gr bullets... I haven't figured out what they 1:7 loves yet.

I guess 1:7 is more popular merely because of the 'more is better' mentality... Not sure... any ideas?

1:7 is more popular because it's milspec, and people have been getting pounded into their heads that 1:9 is bad, even though most of us are shooting 55gr plinking ammo, which 1:9 does just fine with.

alamo5000
7 March 2016, 18:26
1:7 is more popular because it's milspec, and people have been getting pounded into their heads that 1:9 is bad, even though most of us are shooting 55gr plinking ammo, which 1:9 does just fine with.

I personally have had a lot better end results with a 1:8 but that is just me. It's not like I have tried that many barrels. I do have to admit it's nice to have the option to run heavy bullets...

I really wonder how many people actually go out and shoot heavier bullets on a regular basis or try to shoot out past 3 or 400 yards...

alamo5000
7 March 2016, 18:35
1. The BCGs should be back from coating this week.

I missed out on the group buy mainly (well only) because I have other much bigger and pressing commitments. That said I really wanted a spade BCG!

I wish you would bring those back full time or at least do a run once or twice a year on them. Maybe do a spade run just in time for Christmas or something every year.

The spade is the bomb. I really like it, I just wasn't able to buy this time so I am S.O.L.

Joelski
7 March 2016, 18:56
I missed out on the group buy mainly (well only) because I have other much bigger and pressing commitments. That said I really wanted a spade BCG!

I wish you would bring those back full time or at least do a run once or twice a year on them. Maybe do a spade run just in time for Christmas or something every year.

The spade is the bomb. I really like it, I just wasn't able to buy this time so I am S.O.L.

x2 for this dude. I bitched and whined and when they do come out, it couldn't be a worse time. Would ya take a Vortex Red Dot/Magnifier combo on trade? :)

fledge
7 March 2016, 19:23
Looking forward to the new barrel length offerings. The trend toward lightweight 300blk barrels needs to start. :)

Whatever barrels you end up making either cut them a little longer or shorter by 1/4 of an inch or whatever so that we can get good hand guard/suppressor combo fits. There is only one place that I know of that has done that.

I've not found the solution to be manipulating barrel lengths but that rails have no standard. A 9" rail for example can be between 9-9.5" depending on manufacturer. SLR has been one of the few companies actually taking these things into account. Their new rail line is .7" added to the length to account what you're looking for. .75 off a barrel length makes a handguard 1/16" behind the shoulder of a properly made barrel. Like a 10.75" handguard over an 11.5" barrel is the sweet spot.

That's been my experience anyway. If you have a suppressor that doesn't lock down all the way over the muzzle device, you can even get away with an 11" rail over 11.5" handguard.

alamo5000
7 March 2016, 19:34
Looking forward to the new barrel length offerings. The trend toward lightweight 300blk barrels needs to start. :)

I've not found the solution to be manipulating barrel lengths but that rails have no standard. A 9" rail for example can be between 9-9.5" depending on manufacturer. SLR has been one of the few companies actually taking these things into account. Their new rail line is .7" added to the length to account what you're looking for. .75 off a barrel length makes a handguard 1/16" behind the shoulder of a properly made barrel. Like a 10.75" handguard over an 11.5" barrel is the sweet spot.

That's been my experience anyway. If you have a suppressor that doesn't lock down all the way over the muzzle device, you can even get away with an 11" rail over 11.5" handguard.

I bought two SLR rails already. One was specifically because of the fit. They were even super awesome to dimple my barrel for free. I don't have a problem with SLR at all. And they list the rail lengths too.

AR Performance is the barrel maker that makes their 12.5 barrels a slight bit longer so there is better fitment. James has one that he's told me about and I learned about it from other people too.

As it stands right now if I decide to build a 12.5 upper it will be an ARP for that reason alone.

SLR made a handguard that is specifically made for 10.5 barrels.... it's a 9.7" rail...

Aside from them finding actual measurements on barrels or hand guards is difficult. It for me winds up being a case of trial and error which I do not like so much. If it winds up where it's off 1/6th or 1/8th of an inch or whatever from the handguard that's still better than going for the safe bet and just buying the next length down 'just to make sure'. I've done that too.

MCA
7 March 2016, 19:37

Very excited, to say the least, for the standard and enhanced BCG's I ordered. Thanks for the update Guy. Sure appreciate it.

"Ton of swag in each box"...well that's just icing on the cake right there [:)]

EO3
7 March 2016, 21:27
I think I'd be in if there is a group buy on these barrels, definitely a 1:8. Are there any plans to go stainless with these? I think someone already asked this as well, but are there also plans to add different contours at some point? The price point on these is very attractive, and you guys at Fathom definitely seem to make good stuff.

Fathom_Arms
8 March 2016, 16:53
Guy will chime in later about the Group Buy. I think he wants to put the BCG one to bed first.

Yeah. I will be willing to do a group buy here on WEVO. I just want to get the BCGs handled first.

JGifford
10 March 2016, 18:18
Any ideas about what lengths?

If I could make a small suggestion...something that has been a royal PITA for me and others...

I think if you do that, more or less cut 'unique' lengths to accomodate suppressors and rail combos you would open up a larger market for yourself.

It sucks trying to find those fits and/or having to settle for something less than what the end user wants.

Do like a 12.7" barrel to accomodate 11" handguards...you get the idea...
Most rails do not run "true" to their spec'ed length. I have rarely seen a manufacturer make a rail that won't work for a suppressor mounted 14.5" or 16.1" seamlessly.

alamo5000
10 March 2016, 19:02
Most rails do not run "true" to their spec'ed length. I have rarely seen a manufacturer make a rail that won't work for a suppressor mounted 14.5" or 16.1" seamlessly.

Of course they will 'work'. It's just splitting hairs about cosmetics when it boils right down to it.

That said it's not just barrels and it's not just rails it's getting them together that matters. As you point out correctly the rail lengths on a '12 inch rail' probably won't be 12 inches. SLR is the only place I know of that matches a rail length with a specific barrel length. They also give specific lengths of their advertised rails. A 10.5" barrel and a 9.7" rail gives a good fit. However you can get to that .7 inches difference it doesn't matter. Truth be told it if was 9.6" inches that would be fine too... but if it is advertised at 9.5" and comes in at 9.3 or whatever it starts getting away from the 'look' people are after.

JGifford
10 March 2016, 20:23
Of course they will 'work'. It's just splitting hairs about cosmetics when it boils right down to it.

That said it's not just barrels and it's not just rails it's getting them together that matters. As you point out correctly the rail lengths on a '12 inch rail' probably won't be 12 inches. SLR is the only place I know of that matches a rail length with a specific barrel length. They also give specific lengths of their advertised rails. A 10.5" barrel and a 9.7" rail gives a good fit. However you can get to that .7 inches difference it doesn't matter. Truth be told it if was 9.6" inches that would be fine too... but if it is advertised at 9.5" and comes in at 9.3 or whatever it starts getting away from the 'look' people are after.

I guess I don't understand. All the barrel/rail combo's I've seen match nicely.

About 1/4" between the end of the rail, and back of the suppressor/mount.

Dstrbdmedic167
10 March 2016, 20:49
I guess I don't understand. All the barrel/rail combo's I've seen match nicely.

About 1/4" between the end of the rail, and back of the suppressor/mount.

Totally not true.. You cant use a 12" rail with most 12.5" barrels.. your about(not being exact) .2" short on being able to mount a supressor as Alamo mentioned a 12" rail measures 12.5" so it ends up flush with the barrel which doesn't work unless you have a rail with an OD greater than 1.5". Then if you have an AAC can it still won't work... thats what he is getting at...

alamo5000
10 March 2016, 21:27
Totally not true.. You cant use a 12" rail with most 12.5" barrels.. your about(not being exact) .2" short on being able to mount a supressor as Alamo mentioned a 12" rail measures 12.5" so it ends up flush with the barrel which doesn't work unless you have a rail with an OD greater than 1.5". Then if you have an AAC can it still won't work... thats what he is getting at...

That is part of the reason why I went with a 10.5 SBR vs building a 12.5 SBR. Among several other factors including that i will probably build a 12.5 upper later...but at least with the 10.5" upper I had a sure thing coming. The manufacturer showed me photos of a mounted suppressor with that rail/barrel length combo before I ever bought it.

I wasn't able to find that at all anywhere else and with other lengths. With an 11.5" barrel you would need (I'm guessing) about a 10.7" rail. I know of no one making a 10.7" rail or one that would even come close. You order a 10.5" rail and it's .2" short on paper but then the thing isn't a true 10.5 so you wind up even more off if you're going for that look. Same thing on the 12.5" barrel. It's either a little over or way short. An 11.7" rail on a true 12.5" barrel....

I hate uncertainty so I went with the sure bet and I am glad I did.

fledge
10 March 2016, 21:39
I'm finding many manufacturers are listing actual lengths on their specs now. Just FYI, MI makes a very popular 10.75" rail.

alamo5000
10 March 2016, 21:49
I'm finding many manufacturers are listing actual lengths on their specs now. Just FYI, MI makes a very popular 10.75" rail.

The more that do it the better in my book.

I hunted all over the place for quite some time and I basically got tired of looking. I personally am willing to try more or different rails but not if I have to guess about it.

Catering to the SBR and suppressor market I think might take a little more effort for the manufacturers but it will pay off in the end.

JGifford
11 March 2016, 01:07

Maybe he is just looking for a certain STYLE of rail and wants that one product? Because plenty of them exist...may just not be what HE wants? Here are a smattering of them: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?8012-Does-anyone-have-a-12-5-quot-build

alamo5000
11 March 2016, 05:51
Maybe he is just looking for a certain STYLE of rail and wants that one product? Because plenty of them exist...may just not be what HE wants? Here are a smattering of them: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?8012-Does-anyone-have-a-12-5-quot-build

No, I didn't want just a certain product. In that regard I had minimal brand loyalty. The only thing I wanted was it to be MLOK so my other accessories would fit. The only other thing I was after was to for sure have a tight looking fit between the hand guard and the suppressor when mounted and not be guessing about it. At the time it just wasn't coming together for me.

JGifford
11 March 2016, 06:42
No, I didn't want just a certain product. In that regard I had minimal brand loyalty. The only thing I wanted was it to be MLOK so my other accessories would fit. The only other thing I was after was to for sure have a tight looking fit between the hand guard and the suppressor when mounted and not be guessing about it. At the time it just wasn't coming together for me.

MEGA's Wedge-lock is perfect, then.

Fathom_Arms
15 March 2016, 16:33
The Group Buy Enhanced BCG left from here and are on the way to get lasered. The Standard BCGs are going to get lasered in the next few days. I am anticipating to have the Enhanced shipping out at the end of this week or the beginning of next week, with the standards following right behind. Thanks for the patience everyone!

Joelski
15 March 2016, 18:10
Jelousy level: 10

If anybody has remorse, contact me first, please!

Thompson
15 March 2016, 21:56
The Group Buy Enhanced BCG left from here and are on the way to get lasered. The Standard BCGs are going to get lasered in the next few days. I am anticipating to have the Enhanced shipping out at the end of this week or the beginning of next week, with the standards following right behind. Thanks for the patience everyone!
Whoo hoo! Sounds good Guy!

No worries, I'm here all year.

If anybody has remorse, contact me first, please!
... nah.

UWone77
15 March 2016, 22:00
Whoo hoo! Sounds good Guy!

No worries, I'm here all year.

... nah.

LOL... and Thompson lowers the boom.

SINNER
16 March 2016, 06:07
Now we need to convince Guy to do a run of left handed BCG's....

Fathom_Arms
23 March 2016, 18:26
Well, we are getting closer. Had the laser guy make the logo a tad bit larger. Hope you all approve!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160324/6aeaab78c57468d7e801d5ba8e3dc25e.jpg

DUX
23 March 2016, 18:40
That's pretty!

Aragorn
23 March 2016, 20:07
Dude, that's even sweeter.

I really need to start having money when we do group buys...

Thompson
23 March 2016, 20:45
Hope you all approve!
If Guy approves, then I approve!

fledge
24 March 2016, 06:20
I like it. Is the larger version exclusive to this group buy, limited edition smithsonian rare unobtanium to future buyers? ;)

Fathom_Arms
24 March 2016, 10:03
I like it. Is the larger version exclusive to this group buy, limited edition smithsonian rare unobtanium to future buyers? ;)

Haha, actually yes it will be. I had a few extras engraved as a precaution. So I may have one or two left for purchase after this all gets wrapped up.