PDA

View Full Version : Machine Your Own Receivers with CMT Tactical

GOST
19 September 2014, 11:21
Here's your chance to machine your own receivers in a class at CMT Tactical.

http://www.ar15news.com/2014/09/19/machine-billet-receivers-class-cmt-tactical/

Pyzik
19 September 2014, 11:27
That would be pretty cool to go to.

Lexington, TN for anyone else who was wondering.

UWone77
19 September 2014, 11:38
Checkout CMT Tactical here to register: https://www.cmttac.com/Machine%20your%20own%20AR15%20class

MACHINE YOUR OWN AR 15 RECEIVER EXPERIENCE CLASS Friday November 14th 2014 7:30AM until approximatly 5:00pm Class Cost is $975.00 50%-$487.50 deposit required when reservation is made. Class is limited to 8 students

CLASS OBJECTIVE- Provide individuals with the Experience of machining & owning AR15 Receivers that they themselves machined in a World Class Manufacturing environment.

Attendee will machine their own upper & Lower AR15 Receivers.

Class Description- Attendees will be given detailed instruction at each stage of manufacturing on how to complete that stage of the manufacturing process. Once the attendee has been instructed, the Attendee would then load the machine with material & once his instructor confirmed the machine is properly loaded the Attendee would initiate the machine to begin machining his receiver at that stage. This would repeat thru all stages of the manufacturing process until the receivers are completed. Attendees will also be instructed on use of gages & gage requirements for each stage & expected to use gages to inspect the parts they are manufacturing.

Attendees will use the following equipment to machine the receivers-

5 Axis CNC Mill -3 Axis CNC Mill – Wire EDM – Manual Milling machine – Laser Engraver- Upper Broach Machine – Vibratory deburr machine

Assembly Instruction-Some of the machining processes can run up to 45 minutes long. During the longer machine runtimes Attendees will be instructed on techniques for assembly & disassembly of receivers to ensure that they will have the knowledge required to build their receivers into a completed rifle.

Finished receivers will be required to ship to the Attendees designated FFL

Finished Receivers will be sent for Anodizing & shipped to designated FFL approximately 2-3 weeks after class completion. Unless student decides to take receivers Non-Anodized the days of training completion ( Tn. Resident students only)

The receivers will not be considered an 80% Receiver

Attendee requirements-

Must be able to lift 50lbs min.

Must not have a heart pacemaker

Must sign a Non-Disclosure agreement

Must be able to legally own & Purchase a firearm

No cameras/phones allowed inside plant

What do you need to Bring to this class-

Completed NDA forms that will be sent to you via email 2 wks prior to class. Work clothes, You may get dirty! Steel toe shoes, Safety Glasses, An Open Mind & ear.

What we will Provide-

Class objectives stated in above description. Completion Certificate, Drinks, Lunch & snacks throught the day & an Awesome experience that you will actually keep & use for the rest of your life! Class Cost- $975.00- 50% must be prepaid to reserve spot- $487.50 deposit required at time reservation is made.

Deposit is Non refundable except for emergency situations but can be used in any event toward future classes or product. Balance due day of class. Due to the instructor/student ratio, class size is limited to eight people.

GOST
19 September 2014, 11:55
UW no where in that class description did I see the proper steps to convincing my wife that I really need this.

UWone77
19 September 2014, 12:20
UW no where in that class description did I see the proper steps to convincing my wife that I really need this.

Well basically you have to justify the cost of a new gun to her. Shouldn't be that hard right?

I think it's awesome that a manufacturer like CMT is even offering something like this. Obviously, they care about the students learning something vs a cash grab as the student/instructor ratio is pretty small.

GOST
19 September 2014, 17:12
Well basically you have to justify the cost of a new gun to her. Shouldn't be that hard right?

You're so funny.