PDA

View Full Version : The Official Fisher House Charity Project

Pages : [1] 2 3

browcs
19 September 2014, 20:32
Akersc, Computalotapus, and the staff of Weapon Evolution (WEVO) are proud to announce the launch of the Fisher House Charity Project.

A description of the Fisher House for those who are unfamiliar with this charitable organization:

“The Fisher House Foundation is best known for a network of comfort homes where military and veterans’ families can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment.”

• Families served: More than 22,000 in 2013
• Daily capacity: 832 families
• Families served: More than 220,000 since inception
• Number of lodging days offered: Over 5.2 million
• 7,000 students have received $11,000,000 in scholarship awards
• Over 46,000 airline tickets provided by Hero Miles to service members and their families, worth nearly $73 million
For more information on FISHER HOUSE FOUNDATION visit: www.fisherhouse.org

This project was painstakingly envisioned and created by WEVO members akersc and Computalotapus to benefit this wonderful charity to help our nation's wounded veterans and their families while affording the opportunity for the donors to win several fantastic prizes themselves donated by extremely generous members of the firearms and related industries.

The way to donate (and enter the drawing) is very simple! To enter the drawing, you must donate to the Fisher House Project through PistolPay, the link taking you to the Project's PistolPay page: https://www.pistolpay.com/Transaction/fhraffle. The "Donate Now" button will take you to PistolPay. Note, you will need to start a PistolPay account to proceed.

For every $10 donated using the "Donate Now" button, you will get one entry for the prizes listed, below. You can donate any amount you wish; you will receive one entry to the drawing per $10 donation, e.g. you will receive two drawing entries with a $20 donation; three with a $30 donation, etc. Please note, there will be no limit to the amount of donations you can make and all of the money raised will go directly to the Fisher House Foundation, a 501(c)3 Non-Profit, and is tax deductible.

Updates to the Project will also be announced on WEVO and akersc's Instagram (IG) page, @chivegoddess (http://instagram.com/chivegoddess), so check in periodically. This Project will run until October 15, 2014. The prize winners will be determined using the website random.org and announced on this thread and @chivegoddess (http://instagram.com/chivegoddess) on IG after October 18, 2014.

Once the prize distribution starts, winners will be given 48 hours to respond. Failure to respond will lead to the prize being passed to the next person. The prizes will be distributed in the order they are picked. We implore you not to hound akersc, Computalotapus, and/or the WEVO staff asking "where is my prize." If you won and exchanged contact with akersc, you will receive your prize.

Legal considerations: for firearms, knives, and/or ITAR-restricted prizes, you must be a resident of the U.S. Non-U.S. residents will only be eligible for non-controlled prizes. We don't want to violate any ITAR restrictions. You must be legally able to own any firearm, knife, magazine, and/or ammunition pursuant to your local and/or state laws. We will not allow to be shipped any prize you cannot legally own. If you win a firearms prize, you will need to provide the name and address of your Federal Firearms Licensed dealer who will receive and transfer the firearm to you.

The prizes to be drawn include:

PRIZE #1 -AR15 Rifle – Donated by Four Guys Guns (VALUE: $3,950.00)

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/browcs/CharityRifle_zps5a29d4c2.jpg (http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/browcs/media/CharityRifle_zps5a29d4c2.jpg.html)
- Photograph courtesy of Triple Bravo

The Charity Rifle from FourGuysGuns was sponsored by several great companies for this specific reason, to promote awareness and help provide for charity.

The sponsors for the Four Guys Guns rifle includes:

FourGuysGuns
Aimpoint
2VetsArms
Monkee Ranch Arms
Mission First Tactical
Ümlaut Industries
Ares Armor
556 Tactical
Samson Manufacturing

PRIZE #2 -$4,000 Gift Certificate for Custom 1911 Pistol – Donated by Vayser Arms

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/browcs/VayserArmsCoupon_zps9073b9ec.jpg (http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/browcs/media/VayserArmsCoupon_zps9073b9ec.jpg.html)
- Photograph courtesy of Computalotapus

PRIZE #3 -DMO Breacher Knife – Donated by DMO Knives (VALUE: $350)

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/browcs/DMOBreacherKnife_zpsdd7ab97f.jpg (http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/browcs/media/DMOBreacherKnife_zpsdd7ab97f.jpg.html)

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES
1. 500 Round 223 Ammo & 5- 30 Round H&K Magazines - Donated by Jason Koons

Note: Residents of states that forbid ownership and/or transfer of 30-round magazines will not receive the magazines; they will still be able to get the ammunition; the magazines will be re-drawn in that event.
2. OSWAT Boots - Donated by Original Swat
3. Lower Receiver - Donated by SawTac
4. Custom Pistol Holster & Magazine Pouch - Donated by BattleHolsters
5. Custom Pistol Holster & Magazine Pouch - Donated by Armordillo Concealment
6. 8 x ICE Training Videos & Leo Ejection Port Covers - Donated by ICE Training (Rob Pincus) & LEO Armory
7. Rife Bag & LEO Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Nemo Arms & LEO Armory
8. Ares Armor Prize Pack, Upper Receiver, Ambi Safety Selector, Muzzle Device, Sling - Donated by Ares Armor
9. 2 x Bastion Power Banks, Slap Pack, Key Chain, Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Gunstruction & LEO Armory
10. SopMod Stock FDE Mil-Spec & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by B5 Systems & LEO Armory
11. Panty Dropper Fight Soap, Slap Pack & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by SlimJim234 & LEO Armory
12. Magpul ASAP, Sling & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Black Label Armament & LEO Armory
13. Lower Receiver, Trigger Guard, Linear Compensator - Donated by SawTac
14. Sound of Madness Muzzle Device & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Rifenbark Armory & LEO Armory
15. Loudner Muzzle Device & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Snakehound Machine & LEO Armory
16. 6 fl oz Breakthrough Clean, Ejection Port Cover & ICE Training book - Donated by Breakthrough Clean, LEO Armory & ICE Training (Rob Pincus)
17. Glock Sights, Glock OWB Holster & Training Book - Donated by ICE Training (Rob Pincus)
18. 2 x Patch Whore Packs & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by:

Gunstruction
TacRabbit
Last Ditch Effort Gear
Dragonfire Armory
Blacksheep Warrior
Ares Armor
LEO Armory

19. Variety of Mens & Womens Shirts, Hats & Keychains - Donated by:

Nemo Arms
Dakota Tactical
Black Label Armament
Blacksheep Warrior
TacRabbit
Neuse River Tactical
Iron Hammer Armory
Harris Tactical
Dragonfire Armory
Last Ditch Effort Gear
SpartanTC

Please feel free to post a link to this thread on your individual IG and/or Facebook page.

Good luck, and thank you for supporting a great cause!

camomike
19 September 2014, 21:03
This is really awesome of you folks to do. Comp, Akersc and staff well done. Will donate when I can. This right here is why I enjoy being a part of this forum over others. Cheers to you.

browcs
19 September 2014, 21:23
Thanks for your support camomike...all thanks go to Computalotapus, akersc, and the various donors and sponsors...they are all the rock stars here.

velocity2006
19 September 2014, 21:46
Purchased 2 tickets, thank you. Some good prizes in there.

DutyUse
19 September 2014, 22:17
Forget the prizes, this is a great cause. I'll try and donate several times as funds allow.

velocity2006
19 September 2014, 23:09
Was not trying to mean that it was not a good cause, merely that the donors were very generous by throwing in some quality stuff.

DutyUse
19 September 2014, 23:41
Forget the prizes, this is a great cause. I'll try and donate several times as funds allow.

This was not aimed at you velocity2006. I think it's great that these vendors/individuals are giving away things to support the cause, and I can understand wanting to win them. However without sounding corny donations to our vets is a gift in itself, it should be done without the prospect of winning something. Sorry personal pet peeve.

Not trying to take anything away from the Fisher House, so please donate to them first, but another GREAT charity is the WWP (https://support.woundedwarriorproject.org/default.aspx?tsid=1143&ovr_acv_id=1595&campaignSource=CDRO&source=BS14079P&gclid=CjwKEAjwqO-gBRCEyp2Fufm0lBASJAAZrX-5pdkXn6kfgtCCNgUOMtVdorA8XU7iE00g6z_yB0PXqBoC9vHw_ wcB). I have a close friend who has been helped from the contributions of the WWP, so I also donate often to them.

Computalotapus
20 September 2014, 06:19
The wife has put countless hours into this project. She is the one that has done all the hard work talking to all the vendors to get the contributions for this fundraiser. We believe that Fisher House is a truly amazing foundation that goes above and beyond helping our troops and their families, they are true heroes to our Nation's heroes. We looked at other charities and felt that Fisher House lead the way with using 94.7% of the money actually being used for the cause. As a donor you have the responsibility to make sure that your money is doing the most for the people it is going to help. Use sites like http://www.charitynavigator.org/ and compare your charities to others and see how they are spending the money you donate to them. We feel that FHF has the cause as their main focus and the money is being used for the cause.

If you can donate we greatly appreciate your donation if you can't we understand but please pass the fundraise information to as many people as you can, friends, family, local businesses, other forums you may be a member of. The more we get this out there the more we can raise to help support our troops and their families.

akersc
20 September 2014, 07:21
Thank you everyone for the kind words. This all started with the first Stickman giveaway when I won the Raptor. From there it grew to the Army Chief Fundraiser and now to this. I have had so many amazing people help me through this and have made some even more amazing friends. This industry right here knows how to take care of their own and make one feel like part of the family. John (RA) opened up his heart and arms to me and I am forever grateful. He offered up his team of remarkable individuals, including Uwone77. I had help from Triple Bravo and many many others. They will all always hold a spot in this girls heart and I hope one day to shake their hands. So if you can donate to this amazing charity that would be awesome, no donation is too small. Thank you all again and LETS GO MAKE MAGIC HAPPEN, for those who are most deserving. ~Christina a.k.a Mrs Compufabulous 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akersc
20 September 2014, 07:48
The wife has put countless hours into this project. She is the one that has done all the hard work talking to all the vendors to get the contributions for this fundraiser. We believe that Fisher House is a truly amazing foundation that goes above and beyond helping our troops and their families, they are true heroes to our Nation's heroes. We looked at other charities and felt that Fisher House lead the way with using 94.7% of the money actually being used for the cause. As a donor you have the responsibility to make sure that your money is doing the most for the people it is going to help. Use sites like http://www.charitynavigator.org/ and compare your charities to others and see how they are spending the money you donate to them. We feel that FHF has the cause as their main focus and the money is being used for the cause.

If you can donate we greatly appreciate your donation if you can't we understand but please pass the fundraise information to as many people as you can, friends, family, local businesses, other forums you may be a member of. The more we get this out there the more we can raise to help support our troops and their families.

Don't think I forgot about you. You sir have been my rock through this entire project. You encouraged me when I felt like giving up. You are awesome! **SPOILER ALERT, it's about to get smushy**. I love you Mister to Infinity and Beyond 😘

browcs
20 September 2014, 12:09
....what Computer-octopus guy said.

DutyUse
20 September 2014, 12:32

I hope I'm not over stepping, but I sent this charity giveaway information to a couple of veterans who are YouTube personalities in the attempt to spread the word to their subs, and to a few companies I also know to be veteran run manufacturers/vendors. Computalotapus, Akersc and browcs are doing a noble thing here and I hope the hordes of people coming over from the Stick giveaway will all consider donations, however small.

akersc
20 September 2014, 13:57
I hope I'm not over stepping, but I sent this charity giveaway information to a couple of veterans who are YouTube personalities in the attempt to spread the word to their subs, and to a few companies I also know to be veteran run manufacturers/vendors. Computalotapus, Akersc and browcs are doing a noble thing here and I hope the hordes of people coming over from the Stick giveaway will all consider donations, however small.

No way are you overstepping! I really appreciate all of your kind words and help. I hope we can get more people to donate and pass this on. This is such an amazing charity to give to. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. ☺️

GaSwamper
20 September 2014, 14:17
Is anyone else having a problem donating? Everytime I try to donate it will let me see my Pistol Pay account but says there's an error with the link.

Computalotapus
20 September 2014, 14:34
Is anyone else having a problem donating? Everytime I try to donate it will let me see my Pistol Pay account but says there's an error with the link.

We had this problem last time ended up that people were not confirming their pistol pay account. Did you click the link in the email you received to confirm your pistol pay account?

GaSwamper
20 September 2014, 14:42
We had this problem last time ended up that people were not confirming their pistol pay account. Did you click the link in the email you received to confirm your pistol pay account?

I already have the account and used previously. It will give me the option to see my account after error and shows my history but that's all it will let me do.

Computalotapus
20 September 2014, 14:47
Christina has contacted the person that runs pistolpay he is looking into it now
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

GaSwamper
20 September 2014, 15:08
Thanks comp

FortTom
20 September 2014, 17:38
I used to help with fund raising projects for Fisher House, and volunteer work at a nearby domiciliary. Fisher House has great people doing great things for Veterans and their families. Good luck Comp and akersc, and thanks for taking up the baton.[adore]

FT

Computalotapus
20 September 2014, 17:49
I used to help with fund raising projects for Fisher House, and volunteer work at a nearby domiciliary. Fisher House has great people doing great things for Veterans and their families. Good luck Comp and akersc, and thanks for taking up the baton.[adore]

FT

It is the least we can do to help those that have sacrificed so much for our country.

browcs
20 September 2014, 18:36

Outstanding...thanks for putting the word out!

Computalotapus
20 September 2014, 18:37
I posted over on the S&W forums. Getting Dakota Tactical to post it on the H&K forums.

GaSwamper
20 September 2014, 19:08
It works now.

Computalotapus
20 September 2014, 19:25
It works now.

Yes and thank you for your donation :)

akersc
21 September 2014, 07:21

FT

Thanks FT 😊

Aragorn
21 September 2014, 08:04
I dropped in mine. Don't know why I was surprised to see the "seller" was Rainier Arms.

akersc
21 September 2014, 08:11
I dropped in mine. Don't know why I was surprised to see the "seller" was Rainier Arms.

Thank you for your donation! ☺️

John was kind enough to let us use PistolPay for the event. It was the only one that allowed me to get everyone's information in spreadsheet form. We can also track the total and take out those who just want to donate and not be in the giveaway. He's a pretty amazing guy 😊.

akersc
21 September 2014, 08:12
It works now.

Thank you for your patience and donation 😊

akersc
23 September 2014, 18:34
Hey forum family we really need more donations to meet our $20k goal by October 15th. I know we can do this, we've done it before. Let's make this happen for our military men and women, they do so much for us It's the least we can do for them.

DutyUse
23 September 2014, 18:37
Throwing this out there.. But maybe a mandatory donation of "X" should have to be made as a stipulation of the stick giveaway? Would separate the wheat from the chaff

Ride4frnt
23 September 2014, 18:49
Money will be sent Thursday when I get paid. Awesome work guys!

akersc
24 September 2014, 05:17
Throwing this out there.. But maybe a mandatory donation of "X" should have to be made as a stipulation of the stick giveaway? Would separate the wheat from the chaff

Dang, I need you on the marketing team next time. That's a great idea!

akersc
24 September 2014, 05:18
Money will be sent Thursday when I get paid. Awesome work guys!

Thank you ☺️

DutyUse
24 September 2014, 08:55
I'm still trying to get the word out through other channels, to bad we can't squeeze the 2k people from the stick giveaway for a dollar or two each [:D]

akersc
24 September 2014, 08:56
[QUOTE=akersc;63111]Dang, I need you on the marketing team next time. That's a great idea!

lol. Oh well I'm still trying to get the word out through other channels

I appreciate that thank you

camomike
24 September 2014, 10:10
I know Stick is busy with his own giveaway and other things; any chance of getting him or the admins to drop a link for it? I'll be kicking in on Friday when the stub arrives.

akersc
24 September 2014, 19:26
I know Stick is busy with his own giveaway and other things; any chance of getting him or the admins to drop a link for it? I'll be kicking in on Friday when the stub arrives.

Browcs- Triple Bravo and John have all posted/reposted. For whatever reason people just aren't donating. I have said this before and I will say it again. I will raise at least $20k for Fisher House come hell or high water. This needs to happen, these service men and women have given us so much, it's the least we can do for them!

Thank you for donating, I really appreciate it ☺️

browcs
24 September 2014, 19:35
I hope more people will re-post.....

akersc
25 September 2014, 04:54
I hope more people will re-post.....

Me too. This is very sad.

browcs
25 September 2014, 08:35
To any members reading this....please feel free to re-post announcements posted on WEVO or my personal FB or IG pages. Be sure though to keep the link to this thread and PistolPay site.

UWone77
25 September 2014, 13:57
We'll get this pushed out on our other channels soon.

FortTom
25 September 2014, 15:08
Me too. This is very sad.

Cheer up akersc... I think things will pick up as soon as some of the dust settles for the Stickman Giveaway. I'd bet 80 % of the traffic right now are folks getting their "I'm in" posts, posted. I'm going to donate again, we did pretty good at customer appreciation day at a local custom Harley shop I frequent, with a WHOLE lot fewer people. This thread keeps getting buried in all this new traffic. Maybe Stick and the other admins will make a "temporary" sticky out of it?
It'll get better, we'll figure out a way to get the word out to more folks. It's only been a few days now. When the biggest part of the "I'm in" crowd disappear, the ones that stay can help get the word out also.
Keep your spirits up. It will get better.[:D]

FT

browcs
25 September 2014, 16:58
We'll get this pushed out on our other channels soon.

...in the immortal words of Mr. Burns..."excellent."

camomike
26 September 2014, 06:15
Kicked in what I could. Really hope this goes well, awesome cause folks. When I get the chance I'll share it again later tonight on my facebook.

akersc
26 September 2014, 06:19
Cheer up akersc... I think things will pick up as soon as some of the dust settles for the Stickman Giveaway. I'd bet 80 % of the traffic right now are folks getting their "I'm in" posts, posted. I'm going to donate again, we did pretty good at customer appreciation day at a local custom Harley shop I frequent, with a WHOLE lot fewer people. This thread keeps getting buried in all this new traffic. Maybe Stick and the other admins will make a "temporary" sticky out of it?
It'll get better, we'll figure out a way to get the word out to more folks. It's only been a few days now. When the biggest part of the "I'm in" crowd disappear, the ones that stay can help get the word out also.
Keep your spirits up. It will get better.[:D]

FT

FT Thank you. I am very passionate about this fundraiser that sometimes I let emotions take over. This will be successful, we will help, I know we all have this in us I've seen it happen! I am working on some new marketing ideas for it. Browcs has been a rock star behind the scenes, I really hope to go meet all of the people that have helped out with this one day. I need to shake the hands of the men and women that really helped me out and allowed me to make these two fundraisers successful. I will forever be grateful for each and every one of them, and all of the donators(ees)--- I <3 all of you!

GaSwamper
27 September 2014, 15:34
Thought I'd bump you guys the weekend. Shared on 68Forums, hopefully you guys can get a little boost from some 68ers. You should, got some good members there.

FortTom
27 September 2014, 15:54
FT Thank you. I am very passionate about this fundraiser that sometimes I let emotions take over. This will be successful, we will help, I know we all have this in us I've seen it happen! I am working on some new marketing ideas for it. Browcs has been a rock star behind the scenes, I really hope to go meet all of the people that have helped out with this one day. I need to shake the hands of the men and women that really helped me out and allowed me to make these two fundraisers successful. I will forever be grateful for each and every one of them, and all of the donators(ees)--- I <3 all of you!

Damn I wish I would have known this at other "mini" bike rallies. I sort of maybe a little broke the law and in the big tub of ice cold soft drinks and water, were numerous layers of ice cold beer which in itself, made a pretty good donation. DISCLAIMER To LEO or ATF....prove it! We are a loyal bunch.[:D] Just kidding the (off duty) cops were buying it too. Anyway we were able to make a local contribution to the Fisher House that serves the Cincy VA, so laundered that cash. Nothing coming up, hoping some "end of summer rallies" will let me pull that off again. The Christian Riders Assoc probably won't..[:D] but besides a personal donation, I'll scheme and see if I can dream up another box of cash to send....like I said, after the dust settles from the Stickman giveaway, which just keeps growing and growing, we can tap into more resources...

Name withheld due to possible legal conswquences[BD]

TomD
30 September 2014, 09:58
Hel with log in? When I sign into pistol pay it asks for identity verification. When I do it then says there is an exiting user with the same information. Thank you

Computalotapus
30 September 2014, 10:36
Hel with log in? When I sign into pistol pay it asks for identity verification. When I do it then says there is an exiting user with the same information. Thank you

Have you ever used Pistol Pay before?

akersc
30 September 2014, 11:31

Tom, if you PM your info I can get it over to the folks at pistol pay, I have him on speed dial now :)

hawzwood
30 September 2014, 22:49
Awesome! In for sure.

akersc
1 October 2014, 06:29
Awesome! In for sure.

Thank you!

castiel
1 October 2014, 07:00
I came for the Stickman giveaway but I saw this and donated what I could afford this month

TomD
1 October 2014, 11:08
Trying to donate to the Fisher House throughout the link. After log in a Identity Verification screen comes up. Entered my info then it says There is an existing user with the same info. Help! Thank you

browcs
1 October 2014, 17:47
I came for the Stickman giveaway but I saw this and donated what I could afford this month

Outstanding! Thanks castiel!

browcs
1 October 2014, 17:47
Trying to donate to the Fisher House throughout the link. After log in a Identity Verification screen comes up. Entered my info then it says There is an existing user with the same info. Help! Thank you

TomD...was that the first time you used the site?

camomike
1 October 2014, 19:40
Bumping this to the top again.

akersc
2 October 2014, 06:46
Bumping this to the top again.

You rock sir!

akersc
2 October 2014, 06:46
TomD...was that the first time you used the site?

I let Tony know about this.

akersc
2 October 2014, 06:47

Thank you 😊

akersc
2 October 2014, 06:47
Awesome! In for sure.

Thank you!!!!

akersc
2 October 2014, 10:10
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/02/c202afc13a0d66d81c9fa3a753c686b8.jpg

Dave from Arson Machine Co, just donated 3 of these sweet light mounts to the project. Thank you Dave you are awesome! Go donate $10 that's all it takes to get in on this!

ArsonMachine
2 October 2014, 10:52
Glad we could help. Definitely a worthy cause we are proud to to get behind.

Dave
Arson Machine Co.

Guinnesseb
2 October 2014, 11:07
Definitely a great cause!!!! Donated and will share with my friends....

browcs
2 October 2014, 16:05
Glad we could help. Definitely a worthy cause we are proud to to get behind.

Dave
Arson Machine Co.

You rock, sir! Thanks!

metaleagle
2 October 2014, 16:26
Donated what I could. Great cause and thank you for being a part of it.

akersc
2 October 2014, 18:14
Donated what I could. Great cause and thank you for being a part of it.

Thank you 😊

DutyUse
2 October 2014, 21:55
Will donate again on Friday as paycheck allows. forget about the prizes and let's get this out there and push this just because it's the right cause.

And I mean that, if you have signed up in the stick giveaway you owe it to yourself and this community to help those men and women who have sacrificed everything to protect our freedoms.

God bless all our troops! Former and current

akersc
3 October 2014, 05:13
Will donate again on Friday as paycheck allows. forget about the prizes and let's get this out there and push this just because it's the right cause.

And I mean that, if you have signed up in the stick giveaway you owe it to yourself and this community to help those men and women who have sacrificed everything to protect our freedoms.

God bless all our troops! Former and current

Thank you again. We really need to push this or we aren't going to make the goal, and that is NOT an option. These men and women deserve this!

VIPER 237
3 October 2014, 12:41
Today is pay day so I will donate as well.

UWone77
3 October 2014, 13:50
akersc,

Is the Fisher House not going to promote this on their own page ?

Dstrbdmedic167
3 October 2014, 14:05
I gave $20... too good of a cause not too.

akersc
3 October 2014, 14:32
akersc,

Is the Fisher House not going to promote this on their own page ?

The only way to promote is to set up a pay page through them. I can't track everyone that way to giveaway prizes.

akersc
3 October 2014, 14:33
I gave $20... too good of a cause not too.

Thank you so much!

akersc
3 October 2014, 14:34
Today is pay day so I will donate as well.

Thank you ☺️

Computalotapus
4 October 2014, 20:30
Saturday Night Bump

akersc
6 October 2014, 10:54
I'm going to bump this once again because this is really more important than the Walking Dead or what is your favorite drink......... Please take the time to read about this charity and donate. A lot of time, effort and money has gone into this project. I know we can do this, we did it for Chief, this is in his honor, everyone knows that right? It only takes 5 minutes and $10. I would also like to say that I am NOT SELLING anyone anything, you are donating to a very important charity and out of the goodness of these vendors hearts you may just get a prize for doing so.

Thank you to all who have already donated and to those who continue to donate.

Computalotapus
6 October 2014, 18:46
Monday Night Bump

Akersc, Computalotapus, and the staff of Weapon Evolution (WEVO) are proud to announce the launch of the Fisher House Charity Project.

A description of the Fisher House for those who are unfamiliar with this charitable organization:

“The Fisher House Foundation is best known for a network of comfort homes where military and veterans’ families can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment.”

• Over 46,000 airline tickets provided by Hero Miles to service members and their families, worth nearly $73 million

This project was painstakingly envisioned and created by WEVO members akersc and Computalotapus to benefit this wonderful charity to help our nation's wounded veterans and their families while affording the opportunity for the donors to win several fantastic prizes themselves donated by extremely generous members of the firearms and related industries.

The way to donate (and enter the drawing) is very simple! To enter the drawing, you must donate to the Fisher House Project through PistolPay, the link taking you to the Project's PistolPay page: https://www.pistolpay.com/Transaction/fhraffle. The "Donate Now" button will take you to PistolPay. Note, you will need to start a PistolPay account to proceed.

For every $10 donated using the "Donate Now" button, you will get one entry for the prizes listed, below. You can donate any amount you wish; you will receive one entry to the drawing per $10 donation, e.g. you will receive two drawing entries with a $20 donation; three with a $30 donation, etc. Please note, there will be no limit to the amount of donations you can make and all of the money raised will go directly to the Fisher House Foundation, a 501(c)3 Non-Profit, and is tax deductible.

Updates to the Project will also be announced on WEVO and akersc's Instagram (IG) page, @chivegoddess (http://instagram.com/chivegoddess), so check in periodically. This Project will run until October 15, 2014. The prize winners will be determined using the website random.org and announced on this thread and @chivegoddess (http://instagram.com/chivegoddess) on IG after October 18, 2014.

Once the prize distribution starts, winners will be given 48 hours to respond. Failure to respond will lead to the prize being passed to the next person. The prizes will be distributed in the order they are picked. We implore you not to hound akersc, Computalotapus, and/or the WEVO staff asking "where is my prize." If you won and exchanged contact with akersc, you will receive your prize.

Legal considerations: for firearms, knives, and/or ITAR-restricted prizes, you must be a resident of the U.S. Non-U.S. residents will only be eligible for non-controlled prizes. We don't want to violate any ITAR restrictions. You must be legally able to own any firearm, knife, magazine, and/or ammunition pursuant to your local and/or state laws. We will not allow to be shipped any prize you cannot legally own. If you win a firearms prize, you will need to provide the name and address of your Federal Firearms Licensed dealer who will receive and transfer the firearm to you.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/browcs/CharityRifle_zps5a29d4c2.jpg (http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/browcs/media/CharityRifle_zps5a29d4c2.jpg.html)

The Charity Rifle from FourGuysGuns was sponsored by several great companies for this specific reason, to promote awareness and help provide for charity.

FourGuysGuns
Aimpoint
2VetsArms
Monkee Ranch Arms
Mission First Tactical
Ümlaut Industries
Ares Armor
556 Tactical
Samson Manufacturing

PRIZE #2 -$4,000 Gift Certificate for Custom 1911 Pistol – Donated by Vayser Arms

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/browcs/VayserArmsCoupon_zps9073b9ec.jpg (http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/browcs/media/VayserArmsCoupon_zps9073b9ec.jpg.html)

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj565/browcs/DMOBreacherKnife_zpsdd7ab97f.jpg (http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/browcs/media/DMOBreacherKnife_zpsdd7ab97f.jpg.html)

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES

Note: Residents of states that forbid ownership and/or transfer of 30-round magazines will not receive the magazines; they will still be able to get the ammunition; the magazines will be re-drawn in that event.
6. 8 x ICE Training Videos & Leo Ejection Port Covers - Donated by ICE Training (Rob Pincus) & LEO Armory
8. Ares Armor Prize Pack, Upper Receiver, Ambi Safety Selector, Muzzle Device, Sling - Donated by Ares Armor
9. 2 x Bastion Power Banks, Slap Pack, Key Chain, Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Gunstruction & LEO Armory
10. SopMod Stock FDE Mil-Spec & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by B5 Systems & LEO Armory
11. Panty Dropper Fight Soap, Slap Pack & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by SlimJim234 & LEO Armory
12. Magpul ASAP, Sling & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Black Label Armament & LEO Armory
14. Sound of Madness Muzzle Device & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Rifenbark Armory & LEO Armory
15. Loudner Muzzle Device & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Snakehound Machine & LEO Armory
16. 6 fl oz Breakthrough Clean, Ejection Port Cover & ICE Training book - Donated by Breakthrough Clean, LEO Armory & ICE Training (Rob Pincus)
17. Glock Sights, Glock OWB Holster & Training Book - Donated by ICE Training (Rob Pincus)

Gunstruction
TacRabbit
Last Ditch Effort Gear
Dragonfire Armory
Blacksheep Warrior
Ares Armor
LEO Armory

Nemo Arms
Dakota Tactical
Black Label Armament
Blacksheep Warrior
TacRabbit
Neuse River Tactical
Iron Hammer Armory
Harris Tactical
Dragonfire Armory
Last Ditch Effort Gear
SpartanTC

Please feel free to post a link to this thread on your individual IG and/or Facebook page.

Txfilmmaker
6 October 2014, 18:48
Happy to have participated in donating. Very worthy cause.

browcs
6 October 2014, 19:35
Thanks to everyone who has donated....greatly appreciated!

VIPER 237
6 October 2014, 20:32
Sorry it took a couple days, but I ran into some ID verification issue with Pistol Pay but its resolved and the donation went through!

castiel
7 October 2014, 07:16
Just sent payment for 2 more tickets [:D]

Computalotapus
7 October 2014, 13:07
Sorry it took a couple days, but I ran into some ID verification issue with Pistol Pay but its resolved and the donation went through!

Just sent payment for 2 more tickets [:D]

Thank you both for participating in this fund raiser. Every little bit helps and goes a long way.

akersc
7 October 2014, 14:28
Thank you everyone who has donated and helped get the word out. I greatly appreciate it!

MO_AR
7 October 2014, 15:49
Totally Worthy cause! I'm in! Thanks to all the Sponsors. Looks like some high quality giveaways!!

UWone77
7 October 2014, 15:54
I will also donate a few $$

camomike
7 October 2014, 16:38
I'll try and kick in again this friday. Would really love to see you folks hit the 20k goal.

RobSWVA
7 October 2014, 17:25
just wanted to post here as well as my reply to the post regarding the cause that was put into the 100k giveaway discussion thread. I haven't had income coming in for a little while, but got a job lined up that I'm going to meet about tomorrow. once I get a check coming in (guessing 2-3 weeks), I will be more than happy to contribute $10, regardless of whether the drawing/giveaway is still in play or not

FortTom
7 October 2014, 17:48
just wanted to post here as well as my reply to the post regarding the cause that was put into the 100k giveaway discussion thread. I haven't had income coming in for a little while, but got a job lined up that I'm going to meet about tomorrow. once I get a check coming in (guessing 2-3 weeks), I will be more than happy to contribute $10, regardless of whether the drawing/giveaway is still in play or not

With today's job market and other economics involved, I don't think you even needed to reply. I know a lot of folks are facing tough times, and your situation is totally understandable. Screw any comments to the contrary.

FT

FortTom
7 October 2014, 17:59
I'm going to bump this once again because this is really more important than the Walking Dead or what is your favorite drink......... Please take the time to read about this charity and donate. A lot of time, effort and money has gone into this project. I know we can do this, we did it for Chief, this is in his honor, everyone knows that right? It only takes 5 minutes and $10. I would also like to say that I am NOT SELLING anyone anything, you are donating to a very important charity and out of the goodness of these vendors hearts you may just get a prize for doing so.

Thank you to all who have already donated and to those who continue to donate.

So, WHAT's more important than my favorite drink????
Just kidding. Folks, I did quite a bit of volunteer work for the Fisher House and many times had to hug crying adults who were so happy to have it's services available, or, financially would not have been able to stay near their loved ones in their time of need and family.

Just witnessing that alone, I think, touched me more than words can say. Please, if you can afford it, try to donate anything you can. A hospitalized Veteran you'll probably never meet, will greatly appreciate it, as well as his/her family.

Do it now, while you're thinking about it, won't you please? I take just a few minutes of your time to make a worthy veteran and their family extremely happy.

FT.[:)]

Computalotapus
7 October 2014, 18:12

That was not directed at you or anyone that truly has fell on hard times. Its the people that use it as an excuse then turn around to say they purchased 500 rounds for a range day weekend.

Seriously take care of yourself and your family first. If I can be of any help please ask.

RobSWVA
7 October 2014, 18:14
not sure if its a viable idea or not for this, but had a thought. there is a website called Teespring that allows you to design a t shirt and put it up for sale w/ no cost to you. if you hit the goal of preorders, they print em up, and the profits are given to the person that designed the shirt. after the design and quantity are set by the person, it gives you a price of what each shirt will cost to produce, then you can adjust the sales price according to how much profit you want to produce per shirt. its a great tool for things like this, so thought i'd mention it. if it is an idea that is used, for this or other causes, I recommend creating the design outside of the internet page and you can upload it as an image to the shirt. then all you gotta do is rep the s**t out of the created sales page and generate preorders.

akersc
7 October 2014, 18:39

Thank you. Family is always first, Comp (aka my better half) has been putting up with my frustrations lately, I think it's taken it toll on him. I am just mind boggled by the lack of response to this amazing event. I set out to memorialize a great man and solider. We were able to raise $10k for his family and wanted to go that extra mile by donating to a cause close to him and his family, in his name.

If you know of anyone/business/reserve post in your area and could pass this around that would be extremely helpful. Please don't take what was said personal, it was directed towards others as Comp replied earlier. The people that say they support our military no matter what but then complain when they have to register to donate money to help just that.

RobSWVA
7 October 2014, 18:48
Thank you. Family is always first, Comp (aka my better half) has been putting up with my frustrations lately, I think it's taken it toll on him. I am just mind boggled by the lack of response to this amazing event. I set out to memorialize a great man and solider. We were able to raise $10k for his family and wanted to go that extra mile by donating to a cause close to him and his family, in his name.

If you know of anyone/business/reserve post in your area and could pass this around that would be extremely helpful. Please don't take what was said personal, it was directed towards others as Comp replied earlier. The people that say they support our military no matter what but then complain when they have to register to donate money to help just that.

No, didn't take anything personal at all. Was simply stating that I would like to, but home issues is delaying me from doing so, but plan on it. Wasn't so much as a reply to him, as just explaining when I could contribute.

Computalotapus
7 October 2014, 18:58
Tuesday Night Bump

FourGuysGuns
Aimpoint
2VetsArms
Monkee Ranch Arms
Mission First Tactical
Ümlaut Industries
Ares Armor
556 Tactical
Samson Manufacturing

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES

Gunstruction
TacRabbit
Last Ditch Effort Gear
Dragonfire Armory
Blacksheep Warrior
Ares Armor
LEO Armory

Nemo Arms
Dakota Tactical
Black Label Armament
Blacksheep Warrior
TacRabbit
Neuse River Tactical
Iron Hammer Armory
Harris Tactical
Dragonfire Armory
Last Ditch Effort Gear
SpartanTC

akersc
7 October 2014, 19:05
No, didn't take anything personal at all. Was simply stating that I would like to, but home issues is delaying me from doing so, but plan on it. Wasn't so much as a reply to him, as just explaining when I could contribute.

I just wanted to make sure 😊

akersc
7 October 2014, 19:07
So, WHAT's more important than my favorite drink????
Just kidding. Folks, I did quite a bit of volunteer work for the Fisher House and many times had to hug crying adults who were so happy to have it's services available, or, financially would not have been able to stay near their loved ones in their time of need and family.

Just witnessing that alone, I think, touched me more than words can say. Please, if you can afford it, try to donate anything you can. A hospitalized Veteran you'll probably never meet, will greatly appreciate it, as well as his/her family.

Do it now, while you're thinking about it, won't you please? I take just a few minutes of your time to make a worthy veteran and their family extremely happy.

FT.[:)]

FT Thanks for having my back 😘

camomike
7 October 2014, 19:52
Just bumped it again to my FB feed, had to find in on Browcs's FB page to link it. Hope I can draw even a slight bump from my left leaning friends.

browcs
7 October 2014, 20:35
Very cool camomike....you rock, sir.

Soisauss
7 October 2014, 21:21
Yea, even though I order defensive ammo, I still manage to take 5 mins to register and have donated already!! Seriously, for those who aren't in a bind, stop eating Mcdonald's for a day and donate to a great cause!

BUMP BUMP

FearEngineering
8 October 2014, 00:22
Happy to donate, and DID! It's not about winning anything. Just being able to help makes me happy....

mustangfreek
8 October 2014, 02:18
Well think my pistol pay account is good now..had a slight hiccup.

I also am unemployed and not much income, but chipped in a couple entries worth....atleast i hope so, never used pistol pay before..

akersc
8 October 2014, 08:02
Camomike and soisauss Thank you!

akersc
8 October 2014, 08:02
Well think my pistol pay account is good now..had a slight hiccup.

I also am unemployed and not much income, but chipped in a couple entries worth....atleast i hope so, never used pistol pay before..

Thank you!

akersc
8 October 2014, 08:03
Happy to donate, and DID! It's not about winning anything. Just being able to help makes me happy....

I like the way you think 😊 thank you!

castiel
8 October 2014, 08:05
Triple Bravo just shared this on their facebook page, hopefully more people will see it and donate!

Guinnesseb
8 October 2014, 09:40
Shared again on my facebook page... Hopefully some of my friends will contribute.. Will donate again as funds allow.

DutyUse
8 October 2014, 10:37
Will try and donate again on Friday when I get paid. Like I posted on FB, it would be amazing to see the winner of the rifle donate the proceeds back to the Fisher House Charity, though I'd admit it'd be tough as it's an amazing rifle FOUR guys Guns put together

SwissyJim
8 October 2014, 10:43
got 3 entries today!

GaSwamper
8 October 2014, 11:05
Yea, even though I order defensive ammo, I still manage to take 5 mins to register and have donated already!! Seriously, for those who aren't in a bind, stop eating Mcdonald's for a day and donate to a great cause!

BUMP BUMP

Ya know I wish more people would realize this. If you gave up one out to eat meal if only once a week the savings are tremendous. I know many people that go out everyday for lunch, and its not Mcdonalds.

akersc
8 October 2014, 14:08
Thanks everyone- I appreciate each and every one of you!

six8
8 October 2014, 14:43
I'm in!

Computalotapus
9 October 2014, 05:54
Thursday morning bump

•Daily capacity: 832 families

•Families served: More than 220,000 since inception

•Number of lodging days offered: Over 5.2 million

•7,000 students have received $11,000,000 in scholarship awards

•Over 46,000 airline tickets provided by Hero Miles to service members and their families, worth nearly $73 million

FourGuysGuns

Aimpoint

2VetsArms

Monkee Ranch Arms

Mission First Tactical

Ümlaut Industries

Ares Armor

556 Tactical

Samson Manufacturing

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES

1.500 Round 223 Ammo & 5- 30 Round H&K Magazines - Donated by Jason Koons

2.OSWAT Boots - Donated by Original Swat

3.Lower Receiver - Donated by SawTac

4.Custom Pistol Holster & Magazine Pouch - Donated by BattleHolsters

5.Custom Pistol Holster & Magazine Pouch - Donated by Armordillo Concealment

6.8 x ICE Training Videos & Leo Ejection Port Covers - Donated by ICE Training (Rob Pincus) & LEO Armory

7.Rife Bag & LEO Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Nemo Arms & LEO Armory

8.Ares Armor Prize Pack, Upper Receiver, Ambi Safety Selector, Muzzle Device, Sling - Donated by Ares Armor

9.2 x Bastion Power Banks, Slap Pack, Key Chain, Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Gunstruction & LEO Armory

10.SopMod Stock FDE Mil-Spec & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by B5 Systems & LEO Armory

11.Panty Dropper Fight Soap, Slap Pack & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by SlimJim234 & LEO Armory

12.Magpul ASAP, Sling & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Black Label Armament & LEO Armory

13.Lower Receiver, Trigger Guard, Linear Compensator - Donated by SawTac

14.Sound of Madness Muzzle Device & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Rifenbark Armory & LEO Armory

15.Loudner Muzzle Device & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Snakehound Machine & LEO Armory

16.6 fl oz Breakthrough Clean, Ejection Port Cover & ICE Training book - Donated by Breakthrough Clean, LEO Armory & ICE Training (Rob Pincus)

17.Glock Sights, Glock OWB Holster & Training Book - Donated by ICE Training (Rob Pincus)

18.2 x Patch Whore Packs & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by:

Gunstruction

TacRabbit

Last Ditch Effort Gear

Dragonfire Armory

Blacksheep Warrior

Ares Armor

LEO Armory

19.Variety of Mens & Womens Shirts, Hats & Keychains - Donated by:

Nemo Arms

Dakota Tactical

Black Label Armament

Blacksheep Warrior

TacRabbit

Neuse River Tactical

Iron Hammer Armory

Harris Tactical

Dragonfire Armory

Last Ditch Effort Gear

SpartanTC

DutyUse
9 October 2014, 07:52
When I get home I'll try and spread the word some more. Most certainly deserving of my time :D

castiel
9 October 2014, 09:39
Last week when I bought tickets the money was released to Rainier the same day, but this week I paid on the 7th and it's still being held by Pistol Pay. Is Rainier just a bit behind or is there a problem?

mustangfreek
9 October 2014, 10:57
Last week when I bought tickets the money was released to Rainier the same day, but this week I paid on the 7th and it's still being held by Pistol Pay. Is Rainier just a bit behind or is there a problem?

This made me look at my account.

As i am new to pistol pay, i made 2 payments on the 8th at the same time, and one has cleared other pending...so i dont know..lol..

camomike
9 October 2014, 11:22
I think there is an option in pistol pay to manually release funds. Found it on accident.

castiel
9 October 2014, 14:21
Just got an email the funds were released. Must have just been a little behind. Thursday afternoon bump!

six8
9 October 2014, 17:47
Just got an email the funds were released. Must have just been a little behind. Thursday afternoon bump!

Same here. Bump for more donations

nobodyspecial
9 October 2014, 18:40
How long is this open? I need to get by a computer so I can get on pistol pay, been on the road, away from home too much lately.

Computalotapus
9 October 2014, 21:10
How long is this open? I need to get by a computer so I can get on pistol pay, been on the road, away from home too much lately.

Going to keep it open till we hit our goal.

camomike
10 October 2014, 16:09
Bumping. Kicked in what I could again. Really hoping this hits it's target. Keep your chins up, cheers folks.

nobodyspecial
10 October 2014, 18:47
Going to keep it open till we hit our goal.

Great! Out in Montana for a funeral, but will get in when we get back home.

ArsonMachine
11 October 2014, 11:52
donated some $$ this morning. Been slacking off on that front.

RobSWVA
11 October 2014, 13:10
Well, started the job yesterday, so after the week holdback on pay, should be able to finally pitch in. so planning on around the 24th-26th should be able to register w/ pistolpay and chip in [BD]

akersc
11 October 2014, 14:39
Well, started the job yesterday, so after the week holdback on pay, should be able to finally pitch in. so planning on around the 24th-26th should be able to register w/ pistolpay and chip in [BD]

Thank you. We have extended the date to make sure we can give the charity the top goal we set!

akersc
11 October 2014, 14:40
donated some $$ this morning. Been slacking off on that front.

Thank you 😊

FortTom
11 October 2014, 15:48
Thank you. We have extended the date to make sure we can give the charity the top goal we set!

Glad you decided to do that. If folks get upset about prize drawings, just remind them what it's really all about. They'll get over it.

FT

akersc
11 October 2014, 15:49
Glad you decided to do that. If folks get upset about prize drawings, just remind them what it's really all about. They'll get over it.

FT

Oh you can bet I will!

FortTom
11 October 2014, 15:55
Oh you can bet I will!

Sounds like some attitude there....cool!!!

akersc
11 October 2014, 16:37
Sounds like some attitude there....cool!!!

You betcha!!

browcs
11 October 2014, 17:13
akersc is the WEVO pitbull....when the boogieman goes to bed, he looks under the bed to see if akersc is under it....

akersc
11 October 2014, 18:52
akersc is the WEVO pitbull....when the boogieman goes to bed, he looks under the bed to see if akersc is under it....

Bahahaha..... yes!

akersc
12 October 2014, 11:49
Sunday afternoon bump bump bump from somewhere in Illinois (yes the firearms are put away, stupid state)

browcs
12 October 2014, 22:36
Safe trip.

akersc
13 October 2014, 06:43
Safe trip.

We made it home safe and sound

Computalotapus
13 October 2014, 07:35
Monday Morning Bump

FourGuysGuns
Aimpoint
2VetsArms
Monkee Ranch Arms
Mission First Tactical
Ümlaut Industries
Ares Armor
556 Tactical
Samson Manufacturing

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES

Gunstruction
TacRabbit
Last Ditch Effort Gear
Dragonfire Armory
Blacksheep Warrior
Ares Armor
LEO Armory

Nemo Arms
Dakota Tactical
Black Label Armament
Blacksheep Warrior
TacRabbit
Neuse River Tactical
Iron Hammer Armory
Harris Tactical
Dragonfire Armory
Last Ditch Effort Gear
SpartanTC

Iron_stomach
14 October 2014, 08:43
Last day bump for a great cause! In for a few more.

browcs
14 October 2014, 16:00
Thank you to everyone who donated.

akersc
14 October 2014, 17:39
Not closed we are extending because we are no where near the goal.

Peckerinak
14 October 2014, 18:46
Not closed we are extending because we are no where near the goal.

Know how much longer?

akersc
14 October 2014, 18:50
I was just pm`d a very generous offer as incentive for people to donate, while this made my heart smile for the amazing generosity (you know who you are) it also made me very very sad that people have to do this to try to reach the goal. So with that being said I am going to be brutally honest with everyone right now. As of Friday we were at $3300, which is extremely disappointing, because this has been open for a month and the goal is $20000. A lot of people donated some amazing items, over $12000 to be exact. A lot of people have put a ton of time into getting this setup, I know I have countless amount of hours into this and for what???? I am trying to help our military men and women, you know the ones who fight every day for OUR FREEDOM! I really don't know what else to say or do, I have been upset about this for too long and am tired of crying over it. I tried, I tried to do right by everyone and too help those that our stupid corrupt government won't. I failed and I am sorry. I think we may have to refund everyone's money and I will return all of the prizes. Too all of the military, past and present, I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. I will get a hold of the powers that be and let everyone know what I decide. Unless we can pull off a hail Mary I may have no choice. Again I am very very sorry. ~Christina

camomike
14 October 2014, 19:04
Akersc- rather than refunding my money, please make sure that it goes where it was meant too. Drawing or not, this was a noble cause and worth donating to. I would much rather my money go where I intended it. I'm sorry this didn't go as well as hoped. I can only imagine how much work went into this. I just wish the Stickman drawing wasn't pulling so much attention away form this. Mind you I don't want to knock his milestone. I'm sure he'd agree that he'd much rather see this succeed then to be giving loot to ingrates.

akersc
14 October 2014, 19:07
Akersc- rather than refunding my money, please make sure that it goes where it was meant too. Drawing or not, this was a noble cause and worth donating to. I would much rather my money go where I intended it. I'm sorry this didn't go as well as hoped. I can only imagine how much work went into this. I just wish the Stickman drawing wasn't pulling so much attention away form this. Mind you I don't want to knock his milestone. I'm sure he'd agree that he'd much rather see this succeed then to be giving loot to ingrates.

Thank you. I will for sure send yours along with others who have asked I do the same. I really appreciate your donation and kind words.

castiel
14 October 2014, 19:11
Reading your post made me very sad too. It's not your fault people aren't donating enough. Please don't refund my donations either. In fact I was planning on donating a little more after I get paid tomorrow.

akersc
14 October 2014, 19:21
Reading your post made me very sad too. It's not your fault people aren't donating enough. Please don't refund my donations either. In fact I was planning on donating a little more after I get paid tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

I am hoping that someone has one last trick up their sleeve and I don't have to cancel this. I truly believe this was meant to be successful.

Iron_stomach
14 October 2014, 19:36

what he said...

Definitely don't refund mine, wish I could give more. Any chance of maybe auctioning off the items on gunbroker or something?

akersc
14 October 2014, 19:47
what he said...

Definitely don't refund mine, wish I could give more. Any chance of maybe auctioning off the items on gunbroker or something?

Thank you! As far as auctioning that will be up to the companies that donated. I am emailing everyone involved in the morning to see what they want to do.

Again thank you I really do appreciate it.

din
14 October 2014, 20:09
Finally made mine, sorry it took so long and is so little. This isn't about the prizes, hang on to my donation as well. I can't believe some knucklehead on kickstarter can get 10k+ for making damn macaroni and cheese, and this is languishing like this.

akersc
14 October 2014, 21:35
Finally made mine, sorry it took so long and is so little. This isn't about the prizes, hang on to my donation as well. I can't believe some knucklehead on kickstarter can get 10k+ for making damn macaroni and cheese, and this is languishing like this.

Thank you. I don't understand it either.

BM2
15 October 2014, 03:27
You should keep my donation as well if you decide to cancel the giveaway. The donation was for the Fischer house foundation not an entry to win. I used the sight since it did give me a chance to win. This was the first I have ever heard of the Fischer house foundation, so thank you. Maybe someone could talk to stick and he could hold off giving stuff away until the goal has been reached. Just a thought. If most of the 2k in his giveaway all did 10$ it would go a long way. Just a thought. Not saying he would or should hold back on his giveaway but it's for a great cause.

akersc
15 October 2014, 05:55
BM2 Thank you!

Txfilmmaker
15 October 2014, 06:30
Hard to believe more haven't donated. Don't send mine back either. Please send it to Fisher House.

akersc
15 October 2014, 06:37
Hard to believe more haven't donated. Don't send mine back either. Please send it to Fisher House.

Thank you. You are all amazing.

castiel
15 October 2014, 07:15
Just a thought but has Stickman shared this on his facebook? With all the people watching for his giveaway I'm sure it would get a ton of views. I know some of the other companies have shared it but he is definitely the biggest

doull76
15 October 2014, 08:25
Don't refund mine as well, please. Send it on to the Fisher House.

BM2
15 October 2014, 08:33
He did share it a while ago. That is how I saw it.

akersc
15 October 2014, 09:12
Just a thought but has Stickman shared this on his facebook? With all the people watching for his giveaway I'm sure it would get a ton of views. I know some of the other companies have shared it but he is definitely the biggest

Yes he did a week or so ago. That's where we got the biggest spike in donations.

akersc
15 October 2014, 09:12
Don't refund mine as well, please. Send it on to the Fisher House.

Thank you 😊

ArsonMachine
15 October 2014, 10:53
Stick has shared it a few times. That is how we heard of it. I say keep it going if you can. I will see what we can do to get it spread around at all. And if you do decide to cancel it, keep my $$ as well. I don't want it back. -Dave

UWone77
15 October 2014, 10:56
Yes he did a week or so ago. That's where we got the biggest spike in donations.

We'll hit it again this week. Just keep it going!

Dstrbdmedic167
15 October 2014, 11:00
I said when I donated I don't care about the prizes. It is too good of a cause not to donate something. I can buy the products if I really want them. Just wish I could donate more

Got your 6
15 October 2014, 17:10
You haven't failed at all. You've done more than most. Those of us that have donated have done so not because of the prizes but because you've shown us a way to help those who have given us the freedom we hold so dear. You haven't even come close to failing. At least give me a few minutes to donate a little more.

Soisauss
15 October 2014, 19:28
Guess I;ve been missing quite a bit here, but yeah, I don't take returns :)

Guinnesseb
15 October 2014, 19:54
Like others have said.... No returns here either!! This was never about the giveaway for me just as i imagine it was for most others. This is about supporting an outstanding organization that has been a god send to many families.. My only regret is that i could not contribute more.. Will donate more friday when i get paid in hopes of this reaching the goal... Regardless, no refunds this way please... Keep up the great work and don't keep thinking that you have failed... You have done more than most and that's something to be proud of!!!!

oilspill
16 October 2014, 03:49
Same here, no refund for me. I will contact the owner of a fairly large firearms related forum I'm on to see if I can advertise this there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

akersc
16 October 2014, 07:51
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Same here, no refund for me. I will contact the owner of a fairly large firearms related forum I'm on to see if I can advertise this there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

akersc
16 October 2014, 07:52
Thank you for your very kind words. We are going to keep going as of now, hopefully we can get this goal met.
You haven't failed at all. You've done more than most. Those of us that have donated have done so not because of the prizes but because you've shown us a way to help those who have given us the freedom we hold so dear. You haven't even come close to failing. At least give me a few minutes to donate a little more.

akersc
16 October 2014, 07:53
Thank you Dave!
Stick has shared it a few times. That is how we heard of it. I say keep it going if you can. I will see what we can do to get it spread around at all. And if you do decide to cancel it, keep my $$ as well. I don't want it back. -Dave

akersc
16 October 2014, 07:54
Thank you so much.

akersc
16 October 2014, 07:54
Roger that. Thank you :)
Guess I;ve been missing quite a bit here, but yeah, I don't take returns :)

akersc
16 October 2014, 07:57
Thank you. I am very proud to even have been part of this, I am just disappointed that I couldn't rally everyone and get the goal met sooner. I am going to keep it open a bit longer in hopes that things turn around. Thank you again for you kind words and your service!
Like others have said.... No returns here either!! This was never about the giveaway for me just as i imagine it was for most others. This is about supporting an outstanding organization that has been a god send to many families.. My only regret is that i could not contribute more.. Will donate more friday when i get paid in hopes of this reaching the goal... Regardless, no refunds this way please... Keep up the great work and don't keep thinking that you have failed... You have done more than most and that's something to be proud of!!!!

akersc
16 October 2014, 12:43
UPDATE: We are going to leave the Fisher House Fundraiser up for 60 more days (or less if the goal is hit before that). We are at $4030 as of 5 minutes ago. Now I really need EVERYONES help! We are not going to hit this goal the rate we are going, it took 30 days to get to $4k. I need everyone to pass this along, it is posted on IG under @Chivegoddess - @RainierArms and Facebook on the Four Guys Guns page and Modern Arms and Stickman. So please share and if you know of any companies out there that would be willing to donate as well, that would be great. I really want to make this happen and I know that this community can do it, I have seen it! So please take the time to pass this along, and if anyone wants to talk to me personally send me a PM and I will give you contact information.

Thank you all who have donated and have be kind to me when I was down, I really do appreciate it. NOW LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!

aatheiss
16 October 2014, 14:29
Sorry I can't help out more. Between the kid on the way and other responsibilities, I keep wishing I had a bigger paycheck

FortTom
16 October 2014, 15:16
Sorry I can't help out more. Between the kid on the way and other responsibilities, I keep wishing I had a bigger paycheck

Aatheiss, I'm not involved with the Fisher House charity drive here. I have been in other FH drives in the past, though. I do occasionally PM Comp and Akersc, just to see how things are shaping up.
I know that they won't mind me speaking for other folks, when I say that there's no need to apologize if cash is a little limited. Most people in my life's experience has had times when the old cash cow wasn't exactly giving up milk. Especially in today's economy. But there are other ways that you can help that are just as valuable as cash. Hit up all your friends, co-workers, gun buddies, etc. Spread the word about this amazing raffle and what a good cause it really is. If you're not 100% sure of exactly how many ways the Fisher House helps Veterans, young and old, google a bit. Sometimes two feet and a heart beat can beat a hand flush with cash, if you know what I mean. Again, I'm sure, unless someone has the brain of an ape, everyone understands, for a multitude of reasons, someone might be a little cash strapped at the moment, but if you have a face book page, you can post it there, etc. Think it through. There are a lot of things you can do to drive folks to this cause, and the chance to win some freaking awesome prizes, without having to write a check or donate cash online. And if you can think of a thing or two, you might have a friend with another idea or two, and so on and so on. And maybe they can spare 10 or 100 bucks or so. If you and other folks can help that way, those 10 dollar and 20 and well whatever amount will start adding up.[:)]

Thanks for caring enough to share your position as far as finances go, I've had some leaner days in my life also. I've sort of been blessed a bit. Who knows, that could change tomorrow. But just try to think of a way you can spread the word. Every campaign needs "foot soldiers" also. You can fight for right in other ways.

Thanks for your response, and if you can, try to help in other ways, other than finances.

From a Vet to a Vet, thanks,

FT

akersc
16 October 2014, 15:31
Aatheiss, I'm not involved with the Fisher House charity drive here. I have been in other FH drives in the past, though. I do occasionally PM Comp and Akersc, just to see how things are shaping up.
I know that they won't mind me speaking for other folks, when I say that there's no need to apologize if cash is a little limited. Most people in my life's experience has had times when the old cash cow wasn't exactly giving up milk. Especially in today's economy. But there are other ways that you can help that are just as valuable as cash. Hit up all your friends, co-workers, gun buddies, etc. Spread the word about this amazing raffle and what a good cause it really is. If you're not 100% sure of exactly how many ways the Fisher House helps Veterans, young and old, google a bit. Sometimes two feet and a heart beat can beat a hand flush with cash, if you know what I mean. Again, I'm sure, unless someone has the brain of an ape, everyone understands, for a multitude of reasons, someone might be a little cash strapped at the moment, but if you have a face book page, you can post it there, etc. Think it through. There are a lot of things you can do to drive folks to this cause, and the chance to win some freaking awesome prizes, without having to write a check or donate cash online. And if you can think of a thing or two, you might have a friend with another idea or two, and so on and so on. And maybe they can spare 10 or 100 bucks or so. If you and other folks can help that way, those 10 dollar and 20 and well whatever amount will start adding up.[:)]

Thanks for caring enough to share your position as far as finances go, I've had some leaner days in my life also. I've sort of been blessed a bit. Who knows, that could change tomorrow. But just try to think of a way you can spread the word. Every campaign needs "foot soldiers" also. You can fight for right in other ways.

Thanks for your response, and if you can, try to help in other ways, other than finances.

From a Vet to a Vet, thanks,

FT

Thank you for that. I agree 100%, any help its appreciated, I need the word spread. Every little bit helps, even if that help is in the form of sharing a post. I could not have said this any better FT, so again thank you!

BIGnTALL83
16 October 2014, 18:10
I am new here and was only able to donate $10 (for now) but I have plastered links to this fundraiser and thread on my FB wall as well as about 15 gun/man cave FB groups i am on hoping to spread the word and get this project to its goal. Hope this helps!

akersc
16 October 2014, 19:10
I am new here and was only able to donate $10 (for now) but I have plastered links to this fundraiser and thread on my FB wall as well as about 15 gun/man cave FB groups i am on hoping to spread the word and get this project to its goal. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! 😊

Soisauss
16 October 2014, 19:52
Just shared the link to my local tristate firearm page on facebook, and since it's indiana, there's plenty of gun nuts willing to chive in (get it? hahaha...I'm lame.....)

browcs
16 October 2014, 20:21
UPDATE: We are going to leave the Fisher House Fundraiser up for 60 more days (or less if the goal is hit before that). We are at $4030 as of 5 minutes ago. Now I really need EVERYONES help! We are not going to hit this goal the rate we are going, it took 30 days to get to $4k. I need everyone to pass this along, it is posted on IG under @Chivegoddess - @RainierArms and Facebook on the Four Guys Guns page and Modern Arms and Stickman. So please share and if you know of any companies out there that would be willing to donate as well, that would be great. I really want to make this happen and I know that this community can do it, I have seen it! So please take the time to pass this along, and if anyone wants to talk to me personally send me a PM and I will give you contact information.

Thank you all who have donated and have be kind to me when I was down, I really do appreciate it. NOW LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!

Awesome...

RobSWVA
16 October 2014, 23:06
Im part of some local FB yardsale pages that gets gun related stuff snatched up pretty quick, so im gonna share the FB post onto those pages. it may not generate much, but then again maybe we get lucky and it generates alot of reshares at least.

Edit: ok, all posted out, and got to wondering, is there any chance anyone has any type of flyer style file that can be emailed for printing out? may be able to post it/pass it around at work, and there are plenty of vets, reserves, and just plain ol good ol boys there that would be interested im sure.

Computalotapus
17 October 2014, 04:13
Im part of some local FB yardsale pages that gets gun related stuff snatched up pretty quick, so im gonna share the FB post onto those pages. it may not generate much, but then again maybe we get lucky and it generates alot of reshares at least.

Edit: ok, all posted out, and got to wondering, is there any chance anyone has any type of flyer style file that can be emailed for printing out? may be able to post it/pass it around at work, and there are plenty of vets, reserves, and just plain ol good ol boys there that would be interested im sure.

Akersc is working on it and asked that you PM her your emailing address. The graphics guys are working on it and it should be done by early next week.

Guinnesseb
17 October 2014, 04:21
Akersc is working on it and asked that you PM her your emailing address. The graphics guys are working on it and it should be done by early next week.
That's a great idea... I'd be willing try and get some up at the local gun shops and passed around some my mil buds.. Lots of mil down here and a fisher house up the road.... pm on the way...

lake1963
17 October 2014, 18:46
this is awesome and if i ever manage to have extra money, i'll be donating.

RobSWVA
17 October 2014, 19:51

roger that, will pm her now. and yeh, after reading the posts afer yours, there are some gun shops and stuff around that I can approach on putting up the flyers too...[bash] shoulda thought of that myself.....

Guinnesseb
18 October 2014, 06:52
Donated a little more... As soon as the flyer is sent my way I will do my best to get it out there and hopefully you will see a large influx of support... Fingers crossed......

akersc
18 October 2014, 08:11
Donated a little more... As soon as the flyer is sent my way I will do my best to get it out there and hopefully you will see a large influx of support... Fingers crossed......

Thank you sir! I will email it as soon as they send it over to me. Hopefully early next week.

Guinnesseb
18 October 2014, 21:51
No problem. And im not a sir... Enlisted...

ddearmon2010
19 October 2014, 04:09
donated what I could for now... more as I'm able

akersc
19 October 2014, 06:43
donated what I could for now... more as I'm able

Thank you!

akersc
19 October 2014, 06:45
No problem. And im not a sir... Enlisted...

How about thanks homie???? 😉

Guinnesseb
19 October 2014, 07:38
Lol... that works!! 😃

akersc
19 October 2014, 17:16
I thought I would share a few pictures of a few Fisher House patients and a the last one is at Christmas time, they make sure the families staying can still enjoy the holidays as a family. This is where your money goes. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/19/99da13748ad8e1bce44a95bcf7d55376.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/19/be33dedb1e1dc3881a1d6b7bb7b8ab6d.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/19/bd5dda6b47092ce5fc666a144d623275.jpg

ddearmon2010
20 October 2014, 14:18
just got the email that the funds were released hope it helps

akersc
20 October 2014, 15:51
just got the email that the funds were released hope it helps

Thank you!

castiel
23 October 2014, 09:47
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100604231438/callofduty/images/4/48/Bump.gif

Just bought a couple more tickets!

akersc
23 October 2014, 14:43
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100604231438/callofduty/images/4/48/Bump.gif

Just bought a couple more tickets!

Haha thank you!!!!

browcs
23 October 2014, 15:53
John and the rest of the Rainier crew rock....just saw the Rainier Arms e-mail promoting the project!

akersc
24 October 2014, 05:47
John and the rest of the Rainier crew rock....just saw the Rainier Arms e-mail promoting the project!

I am pretty sure that Ari is a godsend. He and the team saw my struggle and sent this out to 80k people! I love them all. Maybe one day I will be able to shake the hands of all of you that have helped out so much.

GaSwamper
24 October 2014, 09:11
Have we managed to boost you guys any? You would think between Stick and Rainier alone spreading the word it would be the bag.

akersc
24 October 2014, 10:33
Have we managed to boost you guys any? You would think between Stick and Rainier alone spreading the word it would be the bag.

I'm waiting to hear back as to where we are. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

RobSWVA
24 October 2014, 10:36
I'll be registering w/ pistolpay and donating tonight after work...gotta love 2nd shift ;)

akersc
24 October 2014, 11:44
We have officially made it over the $5k mark! We are at $5120, which is really not close to our goal, but a lot better than we were.

RobSWVA
24 October 2014, 20:46
ok, finally got done w/ the PistolPay registration and adding my info...purchase/donate x2, just waiting on it to go from pending to complete ;)

BM2
25 October 2014, 05:12
I just put a link in the hkpro forum. Hopefully some people over there will donate too. If I can on my next paycheck I will try to make another contribution.

Computalotapus
25 October 2014, 18:31
I just put a link in the hkpro forum. Hopefully some people over there will donate too. If I can on my next paycheck I will try to make another contribution.

Thank you for helping spread the word.

And Saturday Night Bump. Also I am thinking about auctioning off my MOTUS Guest Series Patch Collection ( yes I have all the them ) and donating the proceeds to this and as I am not eligible for any of the winnings that just makes everyone else's odds better.

akersc
25 October 2014, 19:25
Rob and Bm2 thank you!

RobSWVA
25 October 2014, 23:01
Rob and Bm2 thank you!

Not only happy to help, but honored to contribute to a worthy cause....and diggin' the new pic akersc. way to put your badass out there! lol

din
26 October 2014, 00:41
Maybe one day I will be able to shake the hands of all of you that have helped out so much.

If you do, the arm your shaking hand is on is gonna be HUGE, and in that eventuality you have to promise that you'll enter an arm-wrestling competition and cream some truckers.

akersc
26 October 2014, 16:15
Not only happy to help, but honored to contribute to a worthy cause....and diggin' the new pic akersc. way to put your badass out there! lol

Haha Thanks Rob :)

akersc
26 October 2014, 16:15
If you do, the arm your shaking hand is on is gonna be HUGE, and in that eventuality you have to promise that you'll enter an arm-wrestling competition and cream some truckers.

Deal!!!

camomike
26 October 2014, 17:15
Bumping again.

akersc
27 October 2014, 14:01
HAS EVERYONE DONATED YET? I would love to have a BIG surprise on Friday when I get the next update!

nobodyspecial
27 October 2014, 15:52
I am now signed up for pistol pay, but have to add account stuff. Should get it in tomorrow, thanks for the reminder!

ddearmon2010
27 October 2014, 18:41
going to try r to bump on Friday again

Guinnesseb
27 October 2014, 19:11
Trying to get this out amongst my buds on base.. No reason that this should be having a problem getting to the mark.. if the ice bucket challenge can do it in the millions, this community can do it!! Shame on those that are in on the stickman giveaway and have not dug in their pocket and given at least $10!!!! At least do that for a more than worthy cause!! Keep up the good work akersc!!!

akersc
27 October 2014, 19:12
Trying to get this out amongst my buds on base.. No reason that this should be having a problem getting to the mark.. if the ice bucket challenge can do it in the millions, this community can do it!! Shame on those that are in on the stickman giveaway and have not dug in their pocket and given at least $10!!!! At least do that for a more than worthy cause!! Keep up the good work akersc!!!

Thank you so so much. I really do appreciate it.

akersc
27 October 2014, 19:13
I am now signed up for pistol pay, but have to add account stuff. Should get it in tomorrow, thanks for the reminder!

Thank you :)

Guinnesseb
27 October 2014, 19:50
Thank you so so much. I really do appreciate it.

Not a problem... im just really shocked that this did not make the mark easy and from the get go.. $10 is not that much to donate. And this is coming from someone that does not always have the money.. Its a worthy cause and all of you on this forum need to pony up if able...

GaSwamper
28 October 2014, 02:31

Well said.

Computalotapus
28 October 2014, 05:29
Bump for all the info on this fundraiser

FourGuysGuns
Aimpoint
2VetsArms
Monkee Ranch Arms
Mission First Tactical
Ümlaut Industries
Ares Armor
556 Tactical
Samson Manufacturing

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES

Gunstruction
TacRabbit
Last Ditch Effort Gear
Dragonfire Armory
Blacksheep Warrior
Ares Armor
LEO Armory

Nemo Arms
Dakota Tactical
Black Label Armament
Blacksheep Warrior
TacRabbit
Neuse River Tactical
Iron Hammer Armory
Harris Tactical
Dragonfire Armory
Last Ditch Effort Gear
SpartanTC

Aragorn
28 October 2014, 08:21
Where exactly are we at on this?

Computalotapus
28 October 2014, 08:57
Where exactly are we at on this?

We get a weekly update from the guys over at pistol pay. As of last Friday just over $5000

RobSWVA
28 October 2014, 23:30

it requests by card only when you attempt to donate for the fisher house giveaway, so you can go ahead w/ a credit/debit until you get your bank info added

RobSWVA
28 October 2014, 23:32
my donation funds finally released today from pistolpay's escrow

Digger70
29 October 2014, 03:50
Thank you

Computalotapus
29 October 2014, 04:16
my donation funds finally released today from pistolpay's escrow

Thank you for your donation

nobodyspecial
29 October 2014, 15:40
Has anyone else had problems adding their account to pistol pay? I have been trying for two days now, and I cant get the account added. Waiting to hear back from them.

akersc
29 October 2014, 18:00
Has anyone else had problems adding their account to pistol pay? I have been trying for two days now, and I cant get the account added. Waiting to hear back from them.

Did you get the email after you registered?

nobodyspecial
30 October 2014, 05:34
No I didn't, but they manually activated my account. I am logged in and everything, it just won't let me add a bank account.

castiel
30 October 2014, 06:54
I didn't try to add a bank account, honestly I didn't even see the option. I used a credit card each time I've donated

nobodyspecial
30 October 2014, 07:37
OK, I will try that.

Guinnesseb
1 November 2014, 22:59
Hoping to get an update so we can see where this stands.. Put the word out in my neck of the woods... Can't force people but ive tried to gently nudge a few... 😉

Computalotapus
2 November 2014, 04:45
Hoping to get an update so we can see where this stands.. Put the word out in my neck of the woods... Can't force people but ive tried to gently nudge a few... 😉

Will get an update tomorrow. Been a busy weekend for us over here.

Guinnesseb
2 November 2014, 11:30
All good. Just interested to see how recent efforts have gone to get this charity effort where it needs to be.. Also to bump this thread up for some exposure...

akersc
3 November 2014, 10:36
We are at $5710.00

ddearmon2010
3 November 2014, 11:57
We are at $5710.00

what's the goal again?

akersc
3 November 2014, 11:57
what's the goal again?

$20000

UWone77
3 November 2014, 13:02
You probably need more pictures of the other prizes, instead of just the big stuff. Then you could have the donors who gave you the small prizes, push them on their own FB/Instagram pages. A list on a site is hard to get excited about. Just my two cents to raise awareness.

FortTom
3 November 2014, 13:41
Is anything coming in from the folks that have posted this on their FB pages? Wondering what more can be done to help, that would get results.....

Computalotapus
3 November 2014, 13:59
You probably need more pictures of the other prizes, instead of just the big stuff. Then you could have the donors who gave you the small prizes, push them on their own FB/Instagram pages. A list on a site is hard to get excited about. Just my two cents to raise awareness.

Tried that, been there done that. I am personally at the point of just shipping all the stuff back to the vendors. Raffle the rifle and the knife off close this up and move along. What gets me is the lack of participation from the vendors who said they would help promote it but the enthusiasm dwindled down the longer it got dragged out. What was meant to be one fundraiser turned into two fundraiser and the main fundraiser kept getting pushed back and back and back. That is just my two cents.

UWone77
3 November 2014, 14:01
Tried that, been there done that. I am personally at the point of just shipping all the stuff back to the vendors. Raffle the rifle and the knife off close this up and move along. What gets me is the lack of participation from the vendors who said they would help promote it but the enthusiasm dwindled down the longer it got dragged out. What was meant to be one fundraiser turned into two fundraiser and the main fundraiser kept getting pushed back and back and back. That is just my two cents.

Well, it's certainly your baby, and your call. I will do the best I can to support any decisions you guys make.

Guinnesseb
3 November 2014, 14:32
Its just really sad that this is having such a hard time reaching the mark.. I wish i knew what the problem is as I'm sure you all do.. people had no problem posting their videos of the ice bucket challenge.. How many of those people actually donated is debatable but they got their instant gratification via likes and comments on social media outlets.. I will say what others have said again. If everyone involved in the Stickman giveaway would pony up a measly ten bucks, this would be easy.. Forego that extra part for a build and pony up! Are people scared of having to do it through pistol pay? I can't figure it out.. Still working it on my end regardless....

FortTom
3 November 2014, 14:40
Comp, I know your heart and soul were set on raising 20K, but even 5K is a very hefty donation to the FH. I don't even care about my 10 (chances) or whatever they're referred to as. Offer them up as a bonus to possibly entice someone else to make a contribution. Either way, 20K or 5K, both you and akersc are both winners. Like I said, I've put time in volunteering at the FH in Cincy, although it's been quite a while now.
5K is nothing to sneeze at, and it would be but to good use, as well as be sorely needed. I've read the threads, and about everyone who has spoke on the matter said to keep their donations, they didn't care about the prizes, and I'd bet most if not all wouldn't want a refund, if you just gave the prizes back to the vendors that donated them. So hold your heads up high, it is a noble cause you've fought for. And you definitely did not fail yourselves, the FH, or anyone else.

FT

Dstrbdmedic167
3 November 2014, 14:42
I have to agree with Tom. 5k is 5k you didn't have before. Yes it may not be the 20k you were looking but hold your heads high knowing you have it your all regardless of whatever you decide. God bless the both of you!

camomike
3 November 2014, 14:42
I really wish I could have given more. It boggles my mind too. But keep in mind that raising $5700 for a charity is sill a noble feat. Take pride in that. It's more than most people do.

Computalotapus
3 November 2014, 15:08
Oh we are very thankful for the help and support we have received and even more so for the people that have donated. But we can't honestly give $12000 worth of stuff for $5700. I think the wife is right drop the goal to $8500 and just raffle the top 3. And send everything else back.

ddearmon2010
3 November 2014, 15:16
Oh we are very thankful for the help and support we have received and even more so for the people that have donated. But we can't honestly give $12000 worth of stuff for $5700. I think the wife is right drop the goal to $8500 and just raffle the top 3. And send everything else back.

I started a gofundme for this on my Facebook page.... any donations u get via that I will donate directly.... we will see what happens

FortTom
3 November 2014, 15:24
Or, just give it all back, and donate the 5K+ you've already collected. Like I said, I don't think anyone would care if they won anything at all.

FT

camomike
3 November 2014, 15:30
Or, just give it all back, and donate the 5K+ you've already collected. Like I said, I don't think anyone would care if they won anything at all.

FT

+1

I feel very much the same way. I donated because I felt it was a worth cause. Raffle or no, the money should ge where it was intended. Anyone in it just because it was a raffle can be butt hurt all they want.