PDA

View Full Version : 375 Reaper.

Hammer8507
25 September 2014, 13:01
New caliber in AR 15 and bolt action . 375 Reaper . I guess we can call it 300 BLK's big brother.https://whiskey3precisionsystems.com/

Hammer8507
25 September 2014, 13:05
Here is a link to their FB . Click like to keep up with this amazing round. https://m.facebook.com/W3PrecisionSystems?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google. com%2Furl&_rdr

GaSwamper
25 September 2014, 15:15
I've saw this recently, looks pretty good. We had a discussion on it on another forum the other day, we also thought about .358 WIN configured in an AR10 type platform.

Hammer8507
25 September 2014, 16:07
Can you post a link to the other forum where the 375 Reaper was discussed ?

GaSwamper
25 September 2014, 17:18
Can you post a link to the other forum where the 375 Reaper was discussed ?

I'll see if I can find it for ya.

GaSwamper
25 September 2014, 17:32
Here ya go. Didn't have to dig as deep as I thought.

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?49884-375-Reaper&highlight=.375+reaper

FortTom
25 September 2014, 18:11
I was considering a 300BLK, 458 SOCOM, etc. Had to have a big bore in an AR platform. Then I thought about all the big game I've hunted from elk size on down. And it dawned on me. Now I've got a .308, that I would use for elk (at closer ranges), black bear, deer, boar, and really bad guys intent on doing me harm, out to longer ranges, if I had too. I have a .375 H&H, if I wanted really big things that bite and claw. I can see a use for this round, it's something to experiment with, and if you don't reload you'll pay out the nose for the ammo, which may and probably will be forgotten about when it's limited use has reached critical mass.

To each his own, but if I wanted a round that's about on par with a big bore pistol, I'd just buy the pistol and be done with it. If I want to knock the hell out of something, with a round that can be found at the nearest Wally World, and about anywhere else on earth, where legal, I'd just go with a .308, instead of trying to stretch brass to it's physical limits. When the 458 SOCOM came out it was the round to end all rounds.
I see a boat load of AR Platform rifles, and I've only seen one. Even .300 Black Out uppers are going for next to nothing around here. If I really wanted to knock the hell out of something, NEMO has a .300
Win Mag, that the S.E.A.L's are using for a hard hitting round at reach out and touch them, or close range, in an AR pattern rifle.

I'll give this round a year, and don't foresee barrel makers lining up to chamber barrels for it.

I guess what I'm saying is some of these cal. du jour make absolutely no sense, when there are far better choices sitting on your dealers shelf collecting dust..[:D]

GaSwamper
25 September 2014, 18:26
.308 is def. a staple. I looked at that Nemo the other day, Whole lotta hurt in that bad boy. On both ends I might add.

Hammer8507
25 September 2014, 19:28
I think it's 1 think that you guy is missing here. This is a caliber in a AR 15 platform .

FortTom
25 September 2014, 19:52
I think it's 1 think that you guy is missing here. This is a caliber in a AR 15 platform .
No, I get it. My AR 15's are a bit smaller than an AR-10, still basically the same rifle, built for a longer caliber. The AR 15 wasn't designed for heavy calibers. I'd factor in the extra stress and wear on an AR 15 that I think has already seen it's mechanical limits. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see. Plus, if it brings you fun and joy experimenting with it, nothing else matters, because that's what it's all about, right?[:D]

Have fun,

FT

tact
25 September 2014, 19:55
I guess the .277 is making a push as well for an alternate 300 BO round.

DutyUse
25 September 2014, 20:06
I was considering a 300BLK, 458 SOCOM, etc. Had to have a big bore in an AR platform. Then I thought about all the big game I've hunted from elk size on down. And it dawned on me. Now I've got a .308, that I would use for elk (at closer ranges), black bear, deer, boar, and really bad guys intent on doing me harm, out to longer ranges, if I had too. I have a .375 H&H, if I wanted really big things that bite and claw.

I couldn't agree more Tom. For most of the U.S. where shots are less then 300 yards 308 is just about perfect for most medium-large game.

FortTom
25 September 2014, 20:23
You do know that I'm referring to my AR 10, not a bolt gun? Because it is actually almost exactly like an AR 15, except on steroids. That's why I got the AR 10, I wanted an AR 15 patterned rifle for lots of knock down power, without gambling on rounds that may or may not exist in a couple of years.

And yes GaSwamper, my guess is that a .300 win mag is a bear in an AR type rifle. Just the general form of the AR doesn't lend itself to big belted magnums as far as recoil goes. I have a brake on my .308 win. However, I used to shoot my .300 Wby Mag in a custom bolt rifle with a synthetic stock, and it wasn't real bad for about the first 20 rounds (from a bench). Offhand, shooting any gun, at game, I never notice the recoil, from all the excitement. I was kind of surprised to read the magazine article that NEMO was builing 300 win mag for the S.E.A.L's on an AR 10 rifle. A 180 and up gn. bullet would put some serious hurt on a badly deserving ISIS/Al Queda member really wanting to get to wherever they want to go.

Hammer8507
25 September 2014, 20:47
I agree with you Tom. But as you and I know, man is always try to push the limit. My opinion about this caliber is that brass is as easy to get as 5.56 and easy to convert as 300 Blk. No special brass is needed like 458 Socom that prize on the ammo sky high. But it's a new caliber and it's lots of testing to do I guess . But I'm no expert but in my opinion I think it will be something to look into and follow up on.

Whiskey 3
26 September 2014, 04:28
Thanks for starting the thread and spreading the word about the cartridge I developed. It's pretty simple to say when you have created a cartridge that produces 308 velocities and exceeds the 308 and treads into 458 socom energy levels in a smaller and shorter package that is non proprietary brass and you can convert in your garage at home like 300 aac that I had done something worth while. But there again, opinions are like an a $$&@! $ , everyone has got one and some stink worse than others. To each his and her own. There are lot of uses for this Cartridge namely in Tier 1 groups in the military where 300 aac isn't cutting the mustard and neither is .458 socom due to cost and lack of mag capacity that you lose ect. Also has its place in states like Indiana that have restrictions on Cartridge length they can use for Deer hunting in which .308 Winchester is out of the question all together. It really also has its place in the hog hunting world because guys are tired of carrying around a heavy AR10 platform and this cartridge has the same velocities and more kinetic energy than the .308 Winchester. It's common sense.....

Again, We thank you for the exposure and look forward to what the future brings. We already exceeded our own expectations and many others.
Regards,

Hammer8507
26 September 2014, 07:53
Thanks for getting aboard Whiskey 3. Now we got the expert here :-)))

Whiskey 3
27 September 2014, 08:35
I never claim to be an expert on anything in particular but I do my best. We teamed up with some of the best folks in the industry to make this cartridge come alive. Components that is.....
Young manufacturing on the bolts and X-Caliber on the barrels. There is alot of flak we are taking over numbers of this and that and that's fine too. Most of these guys have never undertaken a project such as this creating a new cartridge that performs this well and it boggles their little minds. Hell it boggled my mind in the beginning but it is what it is.
We are here just to answer questions and not get in a pissing contest or push your knowledge tree on us as to why you think it doesn't really work or what have you.
If you have any in depth questions please feel free to email us direct at whiskey3precisionsystems@gmail.com

FortTom
27 September 2014, 13:42
..boggles our little minds huh? Damn, you must be a genius Gump...someday you'll be a General....[:D][bash]

Whiskey 3
6 October 2014, 10:03
..boggles our little minds huh? Damn, you must be a genius Gump...someday you'll be a General....[:D][bash]

Not telling you you're part of the small minds crew at all......if you want to stick yourself in that category by all means that's up to you. But this is directed at others outside this forum who can't get a grasp on what I have done here and don't understand the science behind it.

Hope ya'll have a great week.....

nobodyspecial
19 October 2014, 08:34
Why does your link say "Account Locked"? :-(

https://whiskey3precisionsystems.com/

Whiskey 3
20 October 2014, 00:44
We had a bad experience with a rogue webmaster who dropped the ball on the website updates ect. We should have it back up tomorrow at the latest. We apologize for the inconvenience.

nobodyspecial
24 October 2014, 20:32
No problem, good luck getting it straightened out!

UWone77
24 October 2014, 20:32
How many of you shoot 375 Reaper?

nobodyspecial
26 October 2014, 11:52
I don't, but am very interested. I just want one larger bore AR, but can't decide which way to go.

SwissyJim
26 October 2014, 22:15
well, seeing as how I seem to have an upper that will demand a build, I may have to investigate the Reaper vs the others, like 450 and 458Socom. Something that can do short barrel, like 10-12 and be able to use various loads. I'm into punishing myself... LOL