PDA

View Full Version : Sister site?

M4user
2 October 2008, 10:46
I don't see many posting here. Is this a sister site of the M4 Carbine forum?

m24shooter
2 October 2008, 12:35
A lot of the same people, but independent of each other.

TigerStripe
2 October 2008, 14:37
There is a half sister site as well. A lot of members from there post and read here.

I'll say something else about this site which is my own personal view of the idea behind this site. Wevo is meant to be a resource for real information and not chat & BS like other sites.

The half sister site is meant for both BS and info.

TS

M4user
2 October 2008, 16:30
That is just what I thought this site is more for the technical workings of the weapon system.

Stickman
2 October 2008, 19:03
I don't see many posting here. Is this a sister site of the M4 Carbine forum?

You probably won't ever see large amounts of people posting here. There was a conscious decision not to put a general section into this board. The mission statement is as follows:

Weaponevolution.com is designed to be a functional resource for new and emerging weapons and components as given through the eyes of experienced Law Enforcement and Military personnel who carry a weapon for a living.

All Staff here are experienced LE and MIL that have carried a weapon for a living, and have gone into harms way. The idea is to get people a realistic, and educated opinion of items. We have turned away a lot of reviews, and will continue to do so if we feel the concept or execution is lacking. With all Staff staying busy, its an involved process to do reviews, and it takes time away from other projects. Its nots uncommon for a reviewer to take a month or more to use an item enough to feel comfortable on giving an honest assessment.

We could build this site up much quicker if we dropped in additional forums, or let people post directly in the reviews.

As far as being a sister site, we are happy to work with any credible posters, boards, or manufacturers. The appeal of this board is a niche, I don't expect it to be mainstream.

Army Chief
3 October 2008, 00:50
I, for one, very much appreciate this approach.

I'm not suggesting that there is no place for social banter, but most resources on the web seem to be accomplishing little more than that, and reliable information is in increasingly short supply.

I'll take a low-post count, high-quality content board any day of the week over the alternative. M4CN strikes a decent 50-50 balance, I think, but WEVO is where I come when I'm seeking facts -- not opinions.

Chief

TigerStripe
3 October 2008, 14:14
The best thing about Wevo is the lack of ego. You get facts and opinions based on real testing and real life experience without the "because I'm a _______" at the end.

TS

SHIHAN
5 October 2008, 01:12
This board may not be busy but it contains a wealth of info and GREAT people.

MerQ
6 October 2008, 11:58
I would say they both have great people and information on various subjects. Lately I would say that there have been more people who I wouldn't trust give opinions on M4C but that just comes with the territory as a site gets more popular. All the main components and foundations are still there - to provide a site that focuses on opinions based off of personal experience and stress the importance of training. Some of those values are shared here which is how I can see someone thinking that there was a commonality between the two.