PDA

View Full Version : work filters FTL

TA7969
26 September 2014, 07:38
Thought I finally found a decent gun forum I could browse at work. Unfortunately, most links/pages etc I click on here are deemed "weapon" related by the work filter but a lot load just fine [crazy]
It would let me read page 1 and 3 of a thread but page 2 was blocked. weird.
Anyway, a little is better than nothing [:)]

egress81
26 September 2014, 08:04
Thats weird.

If I can I usually use my phone for stuff like this at work.

TA7969
26 September 2014, 08:11
I do too but it's much easier to use the computer sitting right in front of me

eldogg
26 September 2014, 09:40
my work station filter out alot of sights too, also alot of pictures( weapons related,social media). however, i can see this site.

TA7969
26 September 2014, 09:49
Yeah I've never been on a site/forum that it would randomly block certain links but not others. ARFCOM is blocked completely as are most other mainstream gun sites/forums

velocity2006
26 September 2014, 09:53
This is why I love being the network administrator at my work :P

Computalotapus
26 September 2014, 10:31
This is why I love being the network administrator at my work :P

Ditto 😁

camomike
26 September 2014, 16:36
Completely blocked at work. Mine will only allow Wikipedia weapon articles. Be happy with what you got I guess... Already got my phone.

hawzwood
30 September 2014, 23:17
It seems some of the providers have stepped up their game lately and widened the net for blocking this category. Barracuda as one example.

Computalotapus
1 October 2014, 06:09
We have a pair of Sonicwall NSA E5500 as our HA Paired UTM. Content filtering is pretty robust.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1

velocity2006
1 October 2014, 08:20
We have a pair of Sonicwall NSA E5500 as our HA Paired UTM. Content filtering is pretty robust.

Add yourself to the exclusion list :P

Computalotapus
1 October 2014, 08:38
Lol I am one of the adminsa trust me I am on the exclusion list.

skijunkie55
1 October 2014, 09:03
"Hola Better Internet" google chrome extension

Computalotapus
1 October 2014, 09:08
Add yourself to the exclusion list :P

This is my baby.. at least my baby at the office, I have many like it at client offices as well.

http://www.computalotapus.com/images/datacenter.jpg

yellowfin
2 October 2014, 13:16
Is it really true that some workplaces screen Facebook and other social media and won't hire you if you're a gun guy? I'm on the job market right now and it's real hard to tell what they're thinking out there.

875fps
2 October 2014, 13:23
Bypassing work filters could get you fired but you *could* get a USB wifi device for your computer and, with a few new routing table entries on your PC, use your phone's hotspot feature to hit WEVO. :D It sounds like there are quite a few people here that could help you get that up and running. You'll be using your carrier's bandwith and most of them have a limit of how much you can use and will bill you for overages so be aware of that.

Or you could setup port forwarding on your home router and RDP into your home computer from your work one and browse all you want from there.

There are a million ways you could do it and every one of them are probably forbidden at most companies and a violation of their acceptable use policies so use at your own risk.

FortTom
2 October 2014, 13:35
Many forums also get filtered because folks over use the word gun por#. Harley sights are notorious for this because, especially new folks wanting to look cool, I guess, will many times for their very first post, use the word "bike por-" at least 10 times to show how in "love" they are with Harley's and "bike por-". Many filters, especially at home, where parents have filters set, in the work place, and public places like libraries, will see the word "por_" and block the sight.

FT