PDA

View Full Version : Troy standard vs micro folding sights

GR1M
27 September 2014, 22:01
so im getting ready to upgrade my hand guard (from a magpul moe middy to a centurion arms cmr 14) and looking for a set of buis to go on my rifle. what are the differences between the standard and micro folding buis from troy?? i know i want the m4 front but not sure about the doa rear. Id also like to upgrade to tritium in the future.

tactical
28 September 2014, 07:14
The micros are mainly for weapons with an elevated top rail. Using them on a standard height rail might end up being too low for your site picture when your weapon is shouldered. And it would also affect co-witness on your optic, if applicable.

GR1M
28 September 2014, 09:55
The micros are mainly for weapons with an elevated top rail. Using them on a standard height rail might end up being too low for your site picture when your weapon is shouldered. And it would also affect co-witness on your optic, if applicable.

thank you

GOST
28 September 2014, 11:15
If you're looking to upgrade you may want to checkout the Magpul MBUS Pro set. They're extremely low profile and very light to be steel. Here is a link at ROG one of our new sponsors. At $132.50 they may be the best deal on backup sights.

http://www.rogtac.com/optics-sights/magpul-mbus-pro-combo.html

Eric
28 September 2014, 13:20
Id also like to upgrade to tritium in the future. Tritium rifle sights were big in the early 90's, before red dot sights really became mainstream. A front tritium sight post is typically wider than a standard A2 type, but is usable. Rear tritium sights are just about pointless and more of a distraction, due to the close proximity to your eye.

Uffdaphil
28 September 2014, 20:02
Ditto on tritium rear for AR. Actually irritating. MBUS Pros are nicely low profile for fitting under a scope.

browcs
28 September 2014, 21:35
The Micros are, like the standard Troys, very well made. I have a set on a Robinson Arms XCR-L rifle....they work well on that rifle; better than the previous Magpul MBUS gen 1's that came with the XCR-L.

Spitfire147
3 October 2014, 05:55
I have the micros on a typical m4/ar15 platform and while they have a slightly lower sight profile I havn't felt it was an issue at all. They are built like a tank as all troy BUIS have been traditionally. Regardless I do agree with the above and say that the tritium is not really needed.